User Reviews for Euthyrox to treat Hashimoto's disease

Euthyrox has an average rating of 2.8 out of 10 from a total of 17 ratings for the treatment of Hashimoto's disease. 18% of those users who reviewed Euthyrox reported a positive effect, while 82% reported a negative effect.

Euthyrox Rating Summary

2.8/10 average rating

Compare all 16 medications used in the treatment of Hashimoto's disease.

Reviews for Euthyrox

Jen312 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 9, 2021

“I've been on Levothyroxine for over 10 years and haven't had any issues. All my levels have been great. Wal-Mart pharmacy prescribed Euthyrox in place of my Levothyroxine, stating it was the same and it is NOT THE SAME!! After two months of missed periods, weight gain, brain fog, moody, depression, etc. and now my blood work has CONFIRMED my levels are all off balance for the first time in over 10 years!!! DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICINE!! Wal-Mart, please STOP using this!! My Dr. has switched my prescription to Walgreen's and I am now back on Levothyroxine once again and throwing Euthyrox in the TRASH!! Beware it is not the same and you will be messed up!! Euthyrox should be removed and I am reporting it everywhere I can report it!!”

JJ April 12, 2021

“I am so thankful I found this page. I literally thought something was seriously wrong. I have had the same exact experience as all the 1 star reviews. Unfortunately, I have been too ignorant of the change to put how I am feeling and the med switch together until now. I would give a negative number on effectiveness of this drug if I could. It was like taking a sugar pill.”

Mick · Taken for less than 1 month April 3, 2021

“I was switched by Walmart. On it 1 week. Hair starting falling out, joint swelling, headaches, sweats, so sleepy and felt like heart beat in my ear and rash. Switching back to levothyoxine. I have Hashimotos.”

Bee · Taken for less than 1 month September 1, 2020

“I was switched to Euthyrox by the pharmacist at Walmart and did not notice until I got home. I called the pharmacy and asked about the drug, and was told it was the same medication, just another brand. It is not. The first day I took it I had a migraine headache, and shortness of breath. I thought it was just me, so I went on and stayed on the medication for 2 weeks, thinking my symptoms would improve. They got worse. By the time I was 2 weeks in to taking this medication, I could barely get out of bed. It was like being in a fog all the time, with absolutely no relief. I called back and spoke to the pharmacist, this time getting a different person. He told me that my Dr could specify Synthroid and they would make sure to keep it in stock. I messaged my endocrinologist and he quickly sent in the prescription specifying Synthroid only. I am already feeling better. Please do NOT take this medication.”

mls · Taken for less than 1 month December 5, 2019

“This drug is causing all kinds of awful issues. My hair is falling out, I'm completely exhausted, want to sleep all day/night, can't think straight, can't make it through my work day, loose stools, headaches, cold. Increased heart palpitations. I feel exactly as I did when I wasn't taking any thing.”

LJL · Taken for less than 1 month August 8, 2020

“This drug has many side effects that I am experiencing. Labored breathing - hair loss - blurred vision - fatigue - chest pain - heart skipping beats - nausea - insomnia - was taking a little oblong yellow levorthyroxin that worked great - drug store changed companies and this pill is round white.”

Notalone December 11, 2020

“Walmart switched my prescription from levothyroxine to Euthyrox about 4 months ago. I noticed that I had been feeling off for a long time but chalked it up to 2020 blues. I started having terrible heart palpitations though and knew something was wrong. Went to GP and she put me on an anxiety med. I didn’t think to tell her that they switched the prescription because the pharmacist told me it was the same medication. The palpitations continued and they got so bad that my husband started looking up reviews for everything I take including vitamins and found out that this drug causes heart issues. I called my doc and got it switched back. The pharmacy tried to give me Euthyrox again and said that they have to special order the levothyroxin and it costs 5x as much as it used to. This sucks.”

dancemama84 November 14, 2020

“I was switched from my normal levothyroxine to Euthyrox recently because Walmart pharmacy switched me (without asking me). I was told the blister pack was a better option because it maintains the freshness of the medication which is supposed to make it work “better.” My TSH typically sits around .9-1.2 and now I’m at 3.69 as of last week. The only thing that has changed is my medication! I’ve felt terrible - very cold, lots of crushing headaches again, joint paint, fatigue...I’m afraid it’s from switching over to this med. I’m calling my endocrinologist to try and move my rx to a different pharmacy to see if I can get off the Euthyrox.”

Mimi · Taken for 2 to 5 years October 24, 2020

“Walmart keeps switching my thyroid medication brand. They gave me this one and I googled it. It was recalled in Europe. It is a very dangerous drug. I have contacted my physician and refuse to use it. I do not need more problems. Your pharmacy should never change your thyroid prescription brand. Medications should only be changed for a medical reason, not financial purpose.”

LoLo · Taken for less than 1 month October 23, 2020

“I have had Hashimoto's for 8 years. Tried Levoxyl, Synthroid, Armour thyroid, Finally went to generic since they all seemed about the same and the cost was far less. I felt great, very stable TSH etc. Walmart switched to Euthrox with my last refill and I feel absolutely horrible. Low energy, weight gain, complete brain fog and many many more. Since it was a new med, I alternated it every other day with my old generic and this. Felt ok, so I swithched to Euthrox daily and honestly feel as if I am taking NOTHING. Glad to hear it seems to be an almost universal complaint. I plan on visiting Walmart tomorrow to see if there is anything they can do about replacing this horrible medication.”

Akj August 14, 2020

“Started this Euthyrox about a month ago after Walmart switched me to it. Since then I’m having daily headaches, sometimes migraines, more hair loss, and fatigue. Called Walmart and they switched me back to my previous manufacturer with no problem. This brand didn’t work for me.”

Thatgirl · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 3, 2020

“I was on Levothyroxine for three years. Three months ago Walmart (without permission) changed my prescription to Euthyrox. At the time, I didn't think it would matter so I took it as I had my previous med. I started having leg and hip pain - then extreme brain fog - tingling and numb extremities - depression. I went to to the dr and was told my levels were w/in range. The dr stated he had not heard of Euthyrox. Nothing has changed in my life (other than COVID), but the med. I called Walmart and they told me they could no longer get Levothyroxine. The pharmacist explained that Euthyrox was much better in foil packs and would not lose its purpose as Levothroxine would once it was open. After reading other comments, I'm switching back and to another pharmacy”

DeeJay · Taken for 10 years or more December 9, 2020

“Nope. Euthyrox is not viable for Hashimotos. I’ve asked for the pharmacist to continue dispensing the green generic tablets because of severe fatigue, headaches, weight gain, yada yada yada this medicine delivers. It looks like it may work for a couple of folks here but not the majority. Even if the pharmacist or doctor looks at you like you have no clue, every one of us realize that fine line with levothyroxine. Even in ultra low dosages, sensitive hashimotos patients know right away. I don't feeling like garbage so I pass.”

ST1165 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 27, 2020

“Started taking Euthyrox over the past few months after being switched from a previous generic. Heard that this brand of levothyroxine is priced as a generic which saved me money. Currently finding more stable TSH levels and appreciate the compliance packaging.”

spamless June 27, 2017

“I am taking Eutirox and too bad for me, I have noticed I am experiencing a lot of the side effects.I don t have any problems with allergies but I have redness swelling itchy eyes, swollen face etc...I used to use Eltroxin 100 but it s very hard to get ...eltroxin is so much better for me.. :(”

Lauita July 22, 2015

“has not relieved any of my symptoms from hashimoto's. Recently I have been getting severe leg muscle, and joint pains. It was not until my son started jot down all of my symptoms that I thought were not related, he figured out that my medication was not doing its job. I originally was on synthroid and switched off because of the cost of it even with insurance and I was having regular side effects from the pills.”

Sam T · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 27, 2021

“I find it interesting to read some of the comments that are posted on this site. In my experience with thyroid disease, I have experienced different pharmacies carry different levothyroxine made by different companies. They all carry a similar side effect profile. With that said, my experience has been positive. I have seen better numbers. I used to take a product made in Puerto Rico and I found my TSH would go all over the place and I would take this faithfully...Euthyrox has improved my numbers, simply put... I appreciate that Walmart carries this. I realize everyone's experience can be different. Mine has been a positive one and I like paying $4/month. I remember the days paying >$100 on Synthroid...My numbers are fine and the side effects are what I've always experienced before on different levo products.”

Rose1023 · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 23, 2020

“Euthyrox keeps my TSH and weight in check and my hair doesn't fall out on it like when I was on Synthroid and Unithyroid.”

Learn more about Hashimoto's disease