User Reviews for Levothroid

Learn more about Levothroid.

Hashimoto's disease 1 reviews 23 medications

8.5
Underactive Thyroid 3 reviews 31 medications

Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal 1 reviews 25 medications

6.3
Summary of Levothroid reviews 5 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Levothroid

For Underactive Thyroid "After two months I am still nauseous all day after taking the medicine. I've lost 30 lbs and when I tried to donate blood to hit the ten gallon lifetime, my iron levels were very low. Have never had a problem with my iron levels."

Maggie4444 September 24, 2015

For Hashimoto's disease "Thyroid supplements are really hard on my stomach & I couldn’t take them for long. I found out most have lactose in them; Levothroid does not. If you’re lactose intolerant or have digestive problems, I would highly recommend trying Levothroid. Going on 6 years now and no ill effects."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 9, 2012

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal "I have used Levothroid and Synthroid. I am currently on Levothroid. It does okay, I have been able to maintain a normal life although I have bad joint pain now after 18 years of use. I have more memory problems now than I did before especially names. And I have lost bone height. I am over an inch shorter now than I was before. I am only 52 and had my thyroid removed due to cancer 18 years ago."

DannyRS December 13, 2010

For Underactive Thyroid "I suffered from severe muscle pains/joint pains, which I had been having for about a year, increasing in intensity, until I even had a few mornings where it was difficult getting out of bed. My doctor did extensive labs. Everything was normal except my thyroid which was VERY low. Two weeks after beginning Levothroid, 95% of my pain had vanished."

magicmardi April 20, 2010

101 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Underactive Thyroid "My doctor has increased the dose several times but I still do not feel that it has made me feel totally better."

deputize December 29, 2008

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate