User Reviews for Levothroid

Levothroid has an average rating of 5.8 out of 10 from a total of 7 ratings on Drugs.com. 57% of reviewers reported a positive experience, while 43% reported a negative experience.

Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal
6.3
Underactive Thyroid
Hashimoto's disease
10.0
Summary of Levothroid reviews 5.8 7 reviews

magicmardi · April 20, 2010

For Underactive Thyroid: “I suffered from severe muscle pains/joint pains, which I had been having for about a year, increasing in intensity, until I even had a few mornings where it was difficult getting out of bed. My doctor did extensive labs. Everything was normal except my thyroid which was VERY low. Two weeks after beginning Levothroid, 95% of my pain had vanished.”

Maggie4444 · September 24, 2015

For Underactive Thyroid: “After two months I am still nauseous all day after taking the medicine. I've lost 30 lbs and when I tried to donate blood to hit the ten gallon lifetime, my iron levels were very low. Have never had a problem with my iron levels.”

DannyRS · December 13, 2010

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “I have used Levothroid and Synthroid. I am currently on Levothroid. It does okay, I have been able to maintain a normal life although I have bad joint pain now after 18 years of use. I have more memory problems now than I did before especially names. And I have lost bone height. I am over an inch shorter now than I was before. I am only 52 and had my thyroid removed due to cancer 18 years ago.”

Anonymous · Taken for 5 to 10 years · May 9, 2012

For Hashimoto's disease: “Thyroid supplements are really hard on my stomach & I couldn’t take them for long. I found out most have lactose in them; Levothroid does not. If you’re lactose intolerant or have digestive problems, I would highly recommend trying Levothroid. Going on 6 years now and no ill effects.”

deptat · Taken for 1 to 2 years · September 6, 2019

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “Started out with the pink 200mg, had swelling in my tongue. Was switched to four 50mg tab. I hate this pill, I already have issues with insomnia it has made it 10 times worse. Not to mention that within an hour of taking it have diarrhea for 2 hours.”

Anonymous · Taken for 10 years or more · July 31, 2020

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “I took armour thyroid for 40 years and Dr put me on levocyl. Anyway a few months ago he dropped my dosage to 50 from 75. The tests showed there was a need. I feel drained...tired. Can I get back on 75 even if test shows I should be on 50?”

Ken · Taken for less than 1 month · May 4, 2018

For Underactive Thyroid: “Levothroid is THE worst med I have ever taken. Levothroid swelled my lips, face, eyes and genitals up for a whole week. Never again will I take this medication.”