User Reviews for Levothyroxine

Also known as: Eltroxin, Euthyrox, Eutroxsig, Evotrox, L Thyroxine Roche, Levo-T, Levotabs, Levotec, Levothroid, Levothyrox, Levoxyl, Novothyrox, Oroxine, Synthroid, Tirosint, ...show all 17 brand names

Learn more about Levothyroxine.

Myxedema Coma 1 reviews 19 medications

Thyroid Suppression Test 2 reviews 19 medications

4.2
Summary of Levothyroxine reviews 366 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Levothyroxine

For Underactive Thyroid: "I am still experiencing hot flashes, tired, no energy all the time, sleep 12 to 14 hours. Doc won't increase me currently on 50mg I need a heck of a lot more I believe"

B.boo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 11, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid: "I just started with levothyroxine about 3 months ago , before that I had no energy at all I felt bad. Right after I took it , I felt much better however now 3 month later, my joints are hurting badly especially at night. I called a compounding pharmacy , where I get a compounded HRT cream from and he said that thyroid meds can alter hormones , so he suggested I try Nature Thyroid 1 grain ,( whatever that means) so I am going to the Dr and asking about that . it is made from pigs which is a bummer , since I tried to be vegan......"

palt January 10, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid: "been on levothyroxine for about 5 months. initially 50mcg. After about a week or two, I immediately felt better. "brain fog" was decreased, I felt Alot less tired, a lot less cd. also, I lost a significant amount of weight (I put on a lot due to an undiagnosed autoimmune thyroiditis). I'd say the worst side effect of this is the massive hair loss initially. and my hair was tangled so easily. I am now on a maintanence dose of 100mcg. have bought myself a decent hairbrush and I feel a lot better."

catherinekennedy January 7, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid: "I have been taking .075mg for at least 2 years. No bad side effects. No weight gain or loss. I would say the only difference I notice is no more afternoon fatigue. This medicine takes awhile to start working. I do believe it should be taking as said. ( half hour before meal ) which I don't always follow. My dose has recently been increased to 0.1 MG. I am going to do my best to follow the directions now....half hour before meal at breakfast."

Dabeachman January 5, 2017

Synthroid (levothyroxine) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "I ended up with an emergency complete thyroidectomy after an ultrasound revealed the tumors ((2 in each lobe of my thyroid) had grown and were the culprit to me having to turn my head to the left to swallow food or to even drink liquid. After years of taking levithyroxine I was put onto the brand name Synthroid. At worst, my levels were 86.4. Yes, you read that correctly. My my hair falls out in clumps, tired, exhausted, body aches and joint pain, chronic fatigue, etc. now my routine is to take my synthroid at bedtime with vitamin c. I wake up fine, I'm down from 325 to 181 and I feel great! Please remember your thyroid takes weeks/months to change, you won't notice anything three days to a month into taking this"

mizzgigglzyahoo.com December 30, 2016

For Underactive Thyroid: "After taking levothyroxine for 20 days, I developed rashes all over my body, extremely itchy. Skin biopsy confirmed its drug allergy and levothyroxine was the only drug I was taking at that time. It was lechinoid drug eruption which took me 2 months to come out of it."

Achu S December 20, 2016

For Underactive Thyroid: "Took levothyroxine for 32 years. In last 3 years, the weight gain, bloat, insomnia and overall funk became unbearable. Saw everyone is having similar trouble. Quit, cold turkey, 2.5 months ago. Feeling much better, immediately began losing weight. They say stopping was supposed to be dangerous, but I had no issues. Am not taking any other supplements."

PumpkinP1e December 12, 2016

Synthroid (levothyroxine) for Underactive Thyroid: "Synthroid makes my eyes have a burning sensation."

Sannee (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2016

Tirosint (levothyroxine) for Hashimoto's disease: "ON Tiroaint for about 4 months. I certainly have more energy. I have been on synthroid, levoxyl, lecothyroxine and nature throid, this seems to work the best. BUT_ I keep getting rashes in odd places, like my chest and now the backs of my shins, I am starting to think it is the meds as I have not switched detergents and the one I use is free of scent and dyes. Anyone else suffer with rashes on Tirosint. I won't stop, because the rash is better than the way I felt before Tirosint."

MOMNYC (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2016

For Underactive Thyroid: "Tried 25.50 .75 .125,doctor changes amount like no mans bussness. Mercury.Actavis,Whochatdt. All seem to have bad side effects. I'm sick of headaches.nausea on a good day tremors.heart palpitations.jittery.etc on a bad day.which seem to be 5/7 days a week. I don't want to poison my body anymore but I've been scared into taking it .I think I'm scared of coma, not dying just a coma What else can I / we try. I know I am not alone."

hate levothyroxin November 24, 2016

Tirosint (levothyroxine) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "I was on levothyroxine for a year after my cancer surgery/thyroid removal. it was the worst year of my life. I was seriously hating life, because I hurt every single day. Muscle aches, swelling, every symptom you can imagine. Weight gain was the worst. I fired my endo and waited two months to see the new one. If I wasn't married, I'd propose to the man. In three weeks my life has changed. I can go to the gym, and not feel like I have been hit by a truck. No muscle aches. I have lost 9 lbs. Brain fog is lifting. I sleep better, and my I don't feel like a 47 year old stuck in a 90 year old body. I will pay ANY amount of money and I will NEVER go back."

Loving Tirosint (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2016

For Underactive Thyroid: "I've been on Levothroxine for about 8 months now, with vaying degrees of success. My doctor told me it was becasue it wasn't absorbing properly. You MUST take it on a completely empty stomach. In the morning after 8-10 hrs of fasting. If you follow this rule you will find the drug works as it''s supposed to. It changed for me and I lost the weight I had gained."

Daey November 15, 2016

Synthroid (levothyroxine) for Underactive Thyroid: "I was just diagnosed with hypothyroidism on the last days of October of this year.. My doctor prescribed me 50mcg levothyroxine distributed by Mylan. I was only on the medication for 3 days! The medicine made me so fatigued and tired I could hardly go through my day without wanting to pass out and go to sleep. And not only that but my chest was feeling really uncomfortable. It felt like someone had put 20 pounds on my chest and overall having difficulty taking a deep breathe. My doctor then prescribed me the brand name Synthroid with only 25mcg. I had energy like I havent had in a year, but on the third day i was having shortness of breath, my heart was beating so hard& fast &I felt so lightheaded. Seriously, scariest experience i have had."

bbynekomata (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2016

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "Thyroid was basically destroyed by radioactive iodine treatment. Only thing that's hard is taking it w/o food etc"

Annabqnm (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 10, 2016

For Hashimoto's disease: "I just started taking 4 days ago. I have Hashimoto disease. I'm experiencing a small annoying cough. Almost like I'm running out of breath and then a small cough comes out, especially when I am talking. I've not seen any side effect listed like this and am wondering if it's an allergic reaction. Has anyone else experienced this?"

Ellioto November 6, 2016

For Underactive Thyroid: "I had really brittle nails and was tired all of the time. I went to my doctors and she did a T4 blood test and found that I had hypothyroidism and she put me on Levothyroxine and within a month my hair and nails were less brittle and more soft. I am happy to have the energy to do things as well as have my soft hair and strong and fast growing nails back!"

Smalm November 3, 2016

Synthroid (levothyroxine) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "This stuff is terrible. I switched to ndt and am doing way better. Please google stop the thyroid madness as synthoids popularity is madness."

Sadie99 October 29, 2016

Synthroid (levothyroxine) for Underactive Thyroid: "I was falling a sleep every time I sat down - even at the computer, rocking a baby, in a car ride. I was trying to lose weight, but gaining instead. Someone would touch me and I would start sweating. I am 58. I have been on Synthroid (not generic) for 6 days now. I too am feeling a whole lot better. I was at 202 lbs 10 days ago. Today I am at 187.6 lbs. I did fall a sleep at the computer again last night, but my energy level is coming back."

ccgv6 October 23, 2016

For Underactive Thyroid: "I have been on levothyroxine and I hate it. Palpitations. fast heart. .nausea fatigue .headaches. insomnia .tremors irritable.deppression. I cant understand why doctors don't really care. You get told you need levo.no other medication.just that one.why? There must be more out there.? In UK .no decent choice. Do doctors get paid more for giving levo only. I was so ill on this horrible thing I went to A-E. Too much levo only was on 75."

levohopeless October 17, 2016

For Underactive Thyroid: "i have been on levothyroxine for several years. my dosage has been adjusted several times. I had a terrible experience with the higher dosage...migraine headaches, palputations, night sweats. come to find out that i was actually having a reaction to the dye in the higher dosage. Once that was figured out my doctor put me back on the 50 mcg and had me take two pills each day. so far its been great."

tazika October 13, 2016

Tirosint (levothyroxine) for Hashimoto's disease: "I was on levothyroxine for 10 years and it never did anything for me. My levels were never optimal and I continued to gain weight, be depressed, and waste money on a useless drug. So far with the Tirosint my only side effect is a slight headache. For the first time in my life my hormone levels are excellent, but my wallet is empty. Tirosint is ridiculously expensive. I use a compounding house which sells a month supply to me for $68 (Willow), as opposed to the $125 per month that CVS wanted. I feel the price is a disgrace and something needs to be done about this. I have insurance that does not cover this drug (BCBS). My doctor gave me a discount coupon for $35 a month but Blue Cross Blue Shield would not honor it. Ask your doc for this."

Libby B. October 9, 2016

Synthroid (levothyroxine) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "Took 1.0 right after surgery for ten years. Then special ist concerned to high. Conservative drop to .95 then dropped to .88 when dropped to .88 was very tired put on 5 lbs in 5 dayswas a weight watchers person has lost 20 pounds took me ten months to lose 20 then change in dosage gain 5 pounds added steps up to 20000 a day and cut portions back more finally ten months later have kept 20 pounds off . I worked hard to do this since the change from .95 to .88 made me very tired. Now they want to drop it to 65? I am still tired constipated and do not understand why if I am borderline? Whatever that means why would you stop it to .65 very disappointed. Have moved to clovis California will have to find new doctor. Change in meds really stressed"

.otherofonyx October 9, 2016

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "Just started"

Buddy24 October 8, 2016

For Underactive Thyroid: "Horrible medication, took it for 3 days and caused me severe chest pains, and shortness of breath, ended up in the ER 3 times in one week. Horrendous experience."

Ratona (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2016

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "Does not help, makes my legs, knees and hips hurt. Very tired and no energy also."

House1979 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2016