User Reviews for Levothyroxine

Also known as: Eltroxin, Euthyrox, Eutroxsig, Evotrox, L Thyroxine Roche, Levo-T, Levotabs, Levotec, Levothroid, Levothyrox, Levoxyl, Novothyrox, Oroxine, Synthroid, Tirosint, ...show all 17 brand names

Learn more about Levothyroxine.

Myxedema Coma 1 reviews 19 medications

Thyroid Suppression Test 2 reviews 19 medications

4.2
Summary of Levothyroxine reviews 374 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Levothyroxine

Tirosint (levothyroxine) for Hashimoto's disease: "I was started on levothyroxin, then Armour and my symptoms were worse than before medication. Tirosint literally gave me my life back. Then new insurance made me try naturethroid. Back to the same misery that plagued me the better part of the year. Whatever the cause or effect in chemistry I am immediately changing back. Brain fog, sore muscles lethargy, fatigue, constant hunger, weight gain. Never again will I try another medicine."

Jouleen February 20, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Underactive Thyroid: "I am from HK & have been on this Levothyroxine(Actavis brand) since Dec2016(when 1st diagnosed for Hypothyroidism). 2 months down the line feel no side effects.Its like just popping the pill.. which I want to stop. 1-2 weeks Initially had insomnia and palpitations as a side effect.Can I stop it over all? Am also taking Amlodipine for my hypertension with BP levels now at near normal level of 130/76 average.Weight lost from 83Kgs no now 75Kgs average."

Kalpesh_HK (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 18, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Synthroid (levothyroxine) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "I was diagnosed with papillary thyroid cancer & had a total thyroidectomy & also lost one parathyroid. The dr used high levels of iodine during my surgery and my endocrinologist had to put me on an iodine free diet for 4 months to clear it from my body. During this time I wasn't allowed to take any thyroid meds at all. I spent that entire time in bed under an electric blanket turned on high during a Vegas summer. Nothing normal there. I was a zombie. I had to have help to use the bathroom, shower & everything I was so weak. After RAI I started Synthroid. A few months later I noticed small improvements but gained 50# within the first year. It's been 7 years now and I'm worse all the time. I've lost my life to this. I'm switching to Armour."

QueenJennifer February 17, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Underactive Thyroid: "Always feel like shyt. 20 years on this medication could not understand why I am not any better. Did my own research and found that it has GLUTEN in it. All this time taking med. that helps me be more sick. Not to mention weight gain it made me look puffy face hands swell just as if I was ingesting GLUTEN!!!! I was. If you have Celiac or IBS Don't take this."

ThatGirl1986 (taken for 10 years or more) February 12, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tirosint (levothyroxine) for Underactive Thyroid: "My doctor switched me on Monday to Tirosint from levoxoryn and after 4 days I going back to my old medicine and I thank God I still have some because I can't go another day with this headaches, fatigue and muscle aches. I've been on levoxyl, thinthroid and levoxoryn and none have made me feel this horrible. I was planning on dealing with it to see if the symptoms would go away but I work doing payroll and taxes and this medicine is making me work real slow and making errors so I don't have the luxury to wait and see if in time I feel better. What I don't understand from what I've been reading this is a more pure form of levoxyl so if he's giving the same dosage wouldn't it mean he's over medicating me? I haven't talked to him yet."

Belle209 (taken for less than 1 month) January 26, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Underactive Thyroid: "I have been taking this drug for more than two years 0.75 MGM it has not helped me with anything but keep my levels normal. My hair still falls out, I can't loose weight, my heart still flutters. I still don't slept well, my nails are brittle. What does this drug do for you? I have yet to find out... Think I will try another brand."

Vernal Gal (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 25, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Synthroid (levothyroxine) for Underactive Thyroid: "Weight gain"

Margaretx January 24, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Underactive Thyroid: "I've been on levothyroxine for 2 weeks now. I tested negative for hashimotos but I do have multi nodular goiter. The doctor told me that it may take a few weeks to feel better. Two days after taking this medication I felt a tremendous difference! I'm not tired all the time, cravings for carbs went away, I don't feel depressed and I feel more like myself than I have in years! I'm losing a lot of weight but I have completely changed my diet as well. I don't eat any processed foods anymore and it's been incredibly easy to do. I'm thankful for this medication because after 4 years of suffering with hypothyroidism without knowing what was wrong in the first place was awful."

Kcw323 (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2017

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Underactive Thyroid: "I am still experiencing hot flashes, tired, no energy all the time, sleep 12 to 14 hours. Doc won't increase me currently on 50mg I need a heck of a lot more I believe"

B.boo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 11, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Underactive Thyroid: "I just started with levothyroxine about 3 months ago , before that I had no energy at all I felt bad. Right after I took it , I felt much better however now 3 month later, my joints are hurting badly especially at night. I called a compounding pharmacy , where I get a compounded HRT cream from and he said that thyroid meds can alter hormones , so he suggested I try Nature Thyroid 1 grain ,( whatever that means) so I am going to the Dr and asking about that . it is made from pigs which is a bummer , since I tried to be vegan......"

palt January 10, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Underactive Thyroid: "been on levothyroxine for about 5 months. initially 50mcg. After about a week or two, I immediately felt better. "brain fog" was decreased, I felt Alot less tired, a lot less cd. also, I lost a significant amount of weight (I put on a lot due to an undiagnosed autoimmune thyroiditis). I'd say the worst side effect of this is the massive hair loss initially. and my hair was tangled so easily. I am now on a maintanence dose of 100mcg. have bought myself a decent hairbrush and I feel a lot better."

catherinekennedy January 7, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Underactive Thyroid: "I have been taking .075mg for at least 2 years. No bad side effects. No weight gain or loss. I would say the only difference I notice is no more afternoon fatigue. This medicine takes awhile to start working. I do believe it should be taking as said. ( half hour before meal ) which I don't always follow. My dose has recently been increased to 0.1 MG. I am going to do my best to follow the directions now....half hour before meal at breakfast."

Dabeachman January 5, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Synthroid (levothyroxine) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "I ended up with an emergency complete thyroidectomy after an ultrasound revealed the tumors ((2 in each lobe of my thyroid) had grown and were the culprit to me having to turn my head to the left to swallow food or to even drink liquid. After years of taking levithyroxine I was put onto the brand name Synthroid. At worst, my levels were 86.4. Yes, you read that correctly. My my hair falls out in clumps, tired, exhausted, body aches and joint pain, chronic fatigue, etc. now my routine is to take my synthroid at bedtime with vitamin c. I wake up fine, I'm down from 325 to 181 and I feel great! Please remember your thyroid takes weeks/months to change, you won't notice anything three days to a month into taking this"

mizzgigglzyahoo.com December 30, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Underactive Thyroid: "After taking levothyroxine for 20 days, I developed rashes all over my body, extremely itchy. Skin biopsy confirmed its drug allergy and levothyroxine was the only drug I was taking at that time. It was lechinoid drug eruption which took me 2 months to come out of it."

Achu S December 20, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Underactive Thyroid: "Took levothyroxine for 32 years. In last 3 years, the weight gain, bloat, insomnia and overall funk became unbearable. Saw everyone is having similar trouble. Quit, cold turkey, 2.5 months ago. Feeling much better, immediately began losing weight. They say stopping was supposed to be dangerous, but I had no issues. Am not taking any other supplements."

PumpkinP1e December 12, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Synthroid (levothyroxine) for Underactive Thyroid: "Synthroid makes my eyes have a burning sensation."

Sannee (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tirosint (levothyroxine) for Hashimoto's disease: "ON Tiroaint for about 4 months. I certainly have more energy. I have been on synthroid, levoxyl, lecothyroxine and nature throid, this seems to work the best. BUT_ I keep getting rashes in odd places, like my chest and now the backs of my shins, I am starting to think it is the meds as I have not switched detergents and the one I use is free of scent and dyes. Anyone else suffer with rashes on Tirosint. I won't stop, because the rash is better than the way I felt before Tirosint."

MOMNYC (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 1, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Underactive Thyroid: "Tried 25.50 .75 .125,doctor changes amount like no mans bussness. Mercury.Actavis,Whochatdt. All seem to have bad side effects. I'm sick of headaches.nausea on a good day tremors.heart palpitations.jittery.etc on a bad day.which seem to be 5/7 days a week. I don't want to poison my body anymore but I've been scared into taking it .I think I'm scared of coma, not dying just a coma What else can I / we try. I know I am not alone."

hate levothyroxin November 24, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Tirosint (levothyroxine) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "I was on levothyroxine for a year after my cancer surgery/thyroid removal. it was the worst year of my life. I was seriously hating life, because I hurt every single day. Muscle aches, swelling, every symptom you can imagine. Weight gain was the worst. I fired my endo and waited two months to see the new one. If I wasn't married, I'd propose to the man. In three weeks my life has changed. I can go to the gym, and not feel like I have been hit by a truck. No muscle aches. I have lost 9 lbs. Brain fog is lifting. I sleep better, and my I don't feel like a 47 year old stuck in a 90 year old body. I will pay ANY amount of money and I will NEVER go back."

Loving Tirosint (taken for less than 1 month) November 23, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Underactive Thyroid: "I've been on Levothroxine for about 8 months now, with vaying degrees of success. My doctor told me it was becasue it wasn't absorbing properly. You MUST take it on a completely empty stomach. In the morning after 8-10 hrs of fasting. If you follow this rule you will find the drug works as it''s supposed to. It changed for me and I lost the weight I had gained."

Daey November 15, 2016

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Synthroid (levothyroxine) for Underactive Thyroid: "I was just diagnosed with hypothyroidism on the last days of October of this year.. My doctor prescribed me 50mcg levothyroxine distributed by Mylan. I was only on the medication for 3 days! The medicine made me so fatigued and tired I could hardly go through my day without wanting to pass out and go to sleep. And not only that but my chest was feeling really uncomfortable. It felt like someone had put 20 pounds on my chest and overall having difficulty taking a deep breathe. My doctor then prescribed me the brand name Synthroid with only 25mcg. I had energy like I havent had in a year, but on the third day i was having shortness of breath, my heart was beating so hard& fast &I felt so lightheaded. Seriously, scariest experience i have had."

bbynekomata (taken for less than 1 month) November 14, 2016

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "Thyroid was basically destroyed by radioactive iodine treatment. Only thing that's hard is taking it w/o food etc"

Annabqnm (taken for 5 to 10 years) November 10, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Hashimoto's disease: "I just started taking 4 days ago. I have Hashimoto disease. I'm experiencing a small annoying cough. Almost like I'm running out of breath and then a small cough comes out, especially when I am talking. I've not seen any side effect listed like this and am wondering if it's an allergic reaction. Has anyone else experienced this?"

Ellioto November 6, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Underactive Thyroid: "I had really brittle nails and was tired all of the time. I went to my doctors and she did a T4 blood test and found that I had hypothyroidism and she put me on Levothyroxine and within a month my hair and nails were less brittle and more soft. I am happy to have the energy to do things as well as have my soft hair and strong and fast growing nails back!"

Smalm November 3, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Synthroid (levothyroxine) for Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: "This stuff is terrible. I switched to ndt and am doing way better. Please google stop the thyroid madness as synthoids popularity is madness."

Sadie99 October 29, 2016