User Reviews for Levothyroxine to treat TSH Suppression

Also known as: Synthroid, Levoxyl, Euthyrox, Tirosint, Eltroxin, Unithroid, Levo-T, Tirosint-Sol Thyquidity Eutroxsig Novothyrox Evotrox

Levothyroxine has an average rating of 5.3 out of 10 from a total of 12 ratings for the treatment of TSH Suppression. 42% of those users who reviewed Levothyroxine reported a positive effect, while 42% reported a negative effect.

Levothyroxine Rating Summary

5.3/10 average rating

Compare all 19 medications used in the treatment of TSH Suppression.

Reviews for Levothyroxine

Martha58 · Taken for less than 1 month March 1, 2021

Euthyrox (levothyroxine): “Was recently switched by my doctor to Euthyrox 88 mcg. So far so good and feeling good. No issues. I used to pay over $100 every three months for Synthroid and now pay less than $10. Also it's gluten free!”

MJ · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 27, 2021

Euthyrox (levothyroxine): “I started taking Euthyrox not long after it came out in 2019. Its working as advertised and is packaged differently which I like. The pharmacist told me that levothyroxine can be impacted by where we store it, like my bathroom. This type of packaging apparently helps protect. My numbers have improved and I like the packaging.”

Lucky · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 8, 2020

Euthyrox (levothyroxine): “I was given Euthryrox 50 mcg by Walmart instead of my usual thyroid medication. My doctors did not request Euthryrox or that the medication should be changed. I have been taking Euthryrox for 3 months and have experienced hives/welts on my left neck hairline and lower back. I am also experiencing headaches that are different than other headaches along with joint and back pain. I may be a coincidence but have requested Walmart to refill to my original prescription.”

BellBottomBlues · Taken for less than 1 month January 3, 2020

Euthyrox (levothyroxine): “I have been on levo since 2007 for TSH suppression after total thyroidectomy, my pharmacy switched to this type of levo replacement & it is an awful prescription. Within 3 days my chest had such tightness I was ER bound”

HHR February 13, 2018

Euthyrox (levothyroxine): “I took Euthyrox 50 mcg to treat thyroid dysfunction. Six months into the program I developed severe joint pain in my hands and feet. Physicians misdiagnosed my joint paint as Gout. The pain became severe in a very short period of time to the point that it paralyzed my ability to do daily chores. Holding a cup, walking, or turning the key inside the key hole was becoming a challenge. I have stopped the pill for about a month and over 90% of the symptoms are gone.”

jumpingamma September 23, 2011

Levoxyl (levothyroxine): “I have hypothyrodism... still have thyroid. I quit taking Levoxyl for about 3 months. Felt good, in fact I had energy and did not have aches and pains or brain fogs. Was on 100 mg before, recently doctor put me back on 88 mg within a few hours the aches and pains were back and swelling of joints, muscle aches I know it may take a while for the medicine to balance out but surely there must be something better for those of us who suffer with these side effects, tired of the pain and tired of being tired.”

meera01 December 12, 2014

Tirosint (levothyroxine): “I bless Tirosint, after suffering so many gastrointestinal and allergic problems with Synthroid. Tirosint has made all these disappear and I feel more normal again, even in just a week of switching. Cost is the only criteria. I am told you can get coupons.”

Foreverinbluejeans · Taken for 10 years or more February 7, 2019

“Guess my rating of this synthetic absurdity of anything to do with the thyroid or lack thereof speaks for itself. Can't take natural, forced to take this ..stuff. Hands down a waste of what they TELL you its doing when you know it is not. Hey Doc..I know myself and my body far better than you. Thats the problem, push what doesn't work and then tell me what does work, doesn't. Seeking the natural BECAUSE it DOES work.”

heidihoe April 30, 2010

Eutroxsig (levothyroxine): “I had a total thyroid removal after cancer was found, five years ago. I also lost 2 out of 4 parathyroid glands in the operation which depletes my calcium intake. Please be aware we need our thyroids to survive if you stop medication and don't have enough supply naturally you will get very ill within a short period and end up getting something like pneumonia and possibly die. I have been on it 5 years now and have slowly and steadily gained weight, this could be aging, having children, etc. But have spoken to others who also tried to get weight off and couldn't do anything about it even with a personal trainer!. I am on 200mg a day for 6 days a week to suppress my TSH to stop cancer cells growing again.”

Bets1013 December 29, 2015

“I have used Synthroid, Tirosint, Levoxyl and now Lannet brand generic levothyroxine. I don't believe it is the medicine that causes people to feel bad anymore. Over the last 3 years I have experimented with my health and on the generic I find that if I... *wait 1-2 hours after taking to eat *take with a full glass of water *give up caffeine *give up wine *exercise 3-4 times a week I feel great. And I'm on generic. I never thought I would feel good unless I was on tirosint but it was my lifestyle, not my meds. I only pay $5 a month and I am doing great in life due to these changes. I felt sick and tired before we ever found out I have thyroid cancer- so I don't think a medicine alone will solve all of our problems.”

Anonymous June 25, 2011

“I have never had to take medication in my life until being prescribed Levothyroxine. I experience disturbing short-term memory loss and weight-gain despite regular exercise. Also neck-swelling and throat discomfort is annoying.”

OM · Taken for less than 1 month August 8, 2018

“Does anyone tried to figure out who is a manufacturer for levo ? Merck (Germany) and Sandoz(US) are ones that I know. The levo from Sandoz caused me a terrible heart beat (they make drugs in Canada and India). Trying the Merck option (but it is too early to tell). The quality of a generic is very much depends on a manufacturer. Synthroid worked well for me, but it is expensive.”

Hunt hog October 31, 2013

“Fifty micro gram doses causes hypertension, weakness, flushed face sweating approximately five hours after taking it.”

diana grace · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 13, 2014

“Caused high heart rate, chest pains and weight gain.”