Is Westhroid the same as WP Thyroid?
Westhroid is NOT the same as WP Thyroid, but it is the same as Naturethroid. All three thyroid preparations, Westhroid, WP Thyroid, and NatureThroid are manufactured by RLC Labs. The difference between Westhroid and WP Thyroid is that WP Thyroid is one of the purest thyroid preparations available and it contains only 2 all-natural inactive ingredients:
- Inulin (from chicory root)
- Medium Chain Triglycerides (from coconut).
WP thyroid is also available in 8 strengths ranging from ¼ grain (16.25 mg) to 2 grain (130 mg).
Westhroid contains the following 7 inactive ingredients:
- Colloidal Silicon Dioxide
- Dicalcium Phosphate
- Magnesium Stearate
- Microcrystalline Cellulose
- Croscarmellose Sodium
- Stearic Acid
- Opadry II 85F19316 Clear – tablet coating
Westhroid is available in 5 strengths ranging from 2 grains (32.5 mg) to 3 grains (195 mg).
Neither Westhroid nor WP Thyroid contain any artificial colors or flavors, corn, peanut, rice, gluten, soy, yeast, egg, or fish/shellfish.
- Get real about hypothyroidism. Get Real Thyroid. 2021. https://getrealthyroid.com/
Related medical questions
- Should you take your thyroid medication at night?
- Who makes Westhroid and where is it manufactured?
- What is the difference between NP Thyroid and Armour Thyroid?
- Is your thyroid medication gluten-free?
- How does food interact with your medications?
- What is the best way to reduce swelling in your face?
- Does Armour Thyroid cause weight gain or weight loss?
- Can I take Cytomel and Synthroid together?
- Can Euthyrox cause weight loss?
- How long does Cytomel take to start working?
- Does Cytomel help with weight loss?
Related support groups
- Westhroid (3 questions, 11 members)
- WP Thyroid (2 questions, 4 members)
- Thyroid Disease (60 questions, 408 members)
- Hypothyroidism (91 questions, 552 members)
- Underactive Thyroid (60 questions, 228 members)
- Hashimoto's Disease (43 questions, 220 members)
- Hypothyroidism - After Thyroid Removal (39 questions, 146 members)