User Reviews for WP Thyroid

WP Thyroid has an average rating of 4.8 out of 10 from a total of 21 ratings on Drugs.com. 41% of those users who reviewed WP Thyroid reported a positive effect, while 53% reported a negative effect.

Underactive Thyroid
5.2
Hashimoto's disease
3.5
Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal
Summary of WP Thyroid reviews 4.8 21 reviews

Reviews for WP Thyroid

JG · Taken for less than 1 month August 21, 2020

For Underactive Thyroid: “I was on the original WP thyroid in 2014 and loved it! It was a life changer for me with energy etc. I started on the “new” WP and it landed me in the hospital. I’m STILL dealing with the effects. I had edema from head to toe and put on 12 pounds in one week. My gut microbiome was totally wiped out and I literally stopped digesting food properly. That along with severe bloating/fluid retention made me look 9 months pregnant. I’m very healthy and normally thin. This drug has some really dangerous new components. Don’t use!!”

DLF · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 24, 2020

For Underactive Thyroid: “I was on WP before RLC went through their new lab. Started back on WP since reopening lab and wow, this medication does not do a darn thing for me. Nada....all my symptoms have blown up. This is pathetic of this company. Why would they allow this to happen? What a disaster for sure. Going to try something, I'll be damned if RLC receives another dime from me.”

CalmClould123 · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 25, 2020

For Underactive Thyroid: “This worked absolutely AMAZING until the supposed “shortage”. I was losing weight, my mood was good, skin clearing up, great energy levels and then out of nowhere the drug is gone. I called RLC labs (when they were still responding to patients) and was assured they were on backorder and were working hard to fill the orders. When it started coming back on the market I was thrilled, but after the first dose I knew something was seriously wrong.This drug is a reformulation, don't let anyone tell you otherwise. The best way to describe it is that I felt like I was being poisoned ( Not surprising given that the FDA took over RLC labs and the manufacturing is occurring in China). It’s a real shame when money and profits come before patient care and peoples lives, I will never use a product from RLC labs again, and they should be absolutely ashamed of themselves (probably why you can’t speak with a representative when you try to call and question the company regarding the product.)”

Eileen · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 29, 2019

For Underactive Thyroid: “I lost over 60 lbs when WP thyroid was working before the remanufactured product. My thyroid was like it used to be before my thyroid problems started. But then the labs lied. And changed the formula. And it is garbage. Don’t use WP thyroid. It’s like my thyroid is worse now. I had to triple the dose and it still isn’t enough. Throw away your new WP. I would like to take legal action against the manufacture. We have been lied to and now we have physical harm on top of it. ”

gwensha · Taken for less than 1 month May 14, 2019

For Underactive Thyroid: “I was taking the old batch of WP Thyroid and it worked beautifully for years! Switched to the New Batch you know how they have since started reproducing it. Now, I'm having severe side effects from the New WP Thyroid, severe joint pain stiffness, fogginess, dizziness, chest pain, rapid heartbeat,fatigue, and night sweating. I tried contacting RLC and no response. I think they are not responding because they know there is a problem.There is definitely a change in the new formulation... and terrible side effects. BEWARE!!”

Nick · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 16, 2019

For Hashimoto's disease: “The WP Thyroid tablets that are now available after the shortage is absolutely the worst, it is NOT the same as before. My body felt dangerously poisoned, I will never use anything ever again from RLC labs as I feel they’re lying regarding what happened with WP Thyroid and what was really going on during shortage.”

Ms Kay March 3, 2020

For Hashimoto's disease: “Yes since the recall there has been nothing but terrible results from wp thyroid and nature thyroid as well. Before you could lose weight , feel great, take on the day. Now just the opposite they definitely have made changes to it and don't want tell us. But hopefully someone in the government will expose their lies. Cause it worse than ever.”

GingerAmy · Taken for less than 1 month April 3, 2019

For Underactive Thyroid: “I WAS on WP thyroid last year (2018, from 2016-for about a year & 1/2) & had the best results EVER. Then WP thyroid was gone, and I went onto NP...which was horrible. Weight gain, mood swings, brain fog, swelling. So MD put me on Armour. Not bad; things improved & I levelled out but the swelling remains (I've had it my entire life in my right lower leg, only & I mean ONLY the WP relieved me of it! It was literally a God send!). So, when I saw that WP was back in production I hounded my doc to order it. I've been on it 5 days & it STINKS. Foot swelling returned with a vengence, irritability, constipation, head aches!! I called the MD after reading reviews on here (which only confirmed what I knew) & said put me back on the Armour. It seems the formula MOST DEFINITELY has changed, for the WORSE!! I was surprised my insurance covered it (it didn't last time!), now I'm imagining why...Don't waste your time with this garbage. It IS TERRIBLE, in my case!”

Wisconsin · Taken for less than 1 month April 23, 2019

For Hashimoto's disease: “WP thyroid worked so well for me before the shortage, I was feeling good and losing weight. I was so excited when it started coming back, over a year later! What a disappointment. It has changed and do not let anyone tell you any different. After a week of taking it I was so sick, I literally could not get out of bed. Test results proved it did not work the same. NO thanks WP thyroid, what I disappointment you turned out to be and it costs more too! Shameful”

Wellness Coach Marie February 8, 2020

For Underactive Thyroid: “I've been hypothyroid for 20 yrs. I can't tell you this when the thyroid medicine is bad or not the same. I had horrible reactions to Synthroid, Armor NT and NOW WP. I choose WP 6 years ago, and man do I feel like a rockstar! Weight loss was easy, mood, fatigue, skin, hair loss all gone! Yes I'm agreement with everyone here, since recall not only WP-NT as well, weight gain thyroid numbers T3-4 FT3 LOW RT3 high, now my iron is off the charts and I don't use Iron, since the shortage and here and there getting some last year, I'm mess. WHEN I SPOKE TO MY pharmacist when it AKA ran out he said they are making the dugs in China, really? What pig glandular are they getting??? I swear my iron is elevated from these meds. I never had this issue. I'll be back to report my experience with the GMO free-grass fed cows bovine from New Zealand. Well its my turn BYE BYE thyroid meds. And a HUGE thx u to you all and Thx you Drugs.com”

Lucky1 · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 16, 2020

For Underactive Thyroid: “WP thyroid last year. Did ok. Just refilled and what happened? I take it now and within an hour I crash! Like taking a sleeping pill instead of NDT. So unhappy. Stopped for several days. Started again today. Forgot about the symptoms then got slammed again, wondered, "Why am I so tired!!??" Looked at the clock and realized I had restarted WP an hour before. Shame on RLC! The ratio of T3 to T4 was changed!”

Hypo2019 March 4, 2019

For Underactive Thyroid: “Transitioning from Synthroid. Been on WP THYROID for 50 days with minimal side effects till last 10 days. Now experiencing alarming thinning of hair, 80% of eyelashes and hair on arms are gone. Can’t connect with RLC LABS to ask questions.”

Mich911 March 7, 2017

For Hashimoto's disease: “This has saved my life. I was on Levothyroxine for 8 years, and it didn't help my fatigue, pain, insomnia, or weight. I've been on WP thyroid for 5 month and have lost 36 pounds and am no longer at risk for diabetes, and feel like a new person. I still struggle with depression and anxiety, but I feel this medication is amazing.”

davetrindle · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 6, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid: “After 3 years on Synthroid (mostly bedridden), then 2 years on combination Thyroxine/Cytomel which got me up out of bed and moving around. Then, finally, 2 months ago, ofter 5 years of suffering, I was switched to WP Thyroid (Desiccated (dried) thyroid )and I have my live, my energy, my libido, my brain back, and any number of aches and pains throughout my body are gone. Why wasn't I offered this on day one?”

MZG · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 1, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid: “. Tried compounded synthethetic T4 and T3.(the synthetic drug minus all additives, dyes etc.-prepared by a compounding pharmacy and the pure drug is put into a clear capsule) Then tried Armour--much better Lastly tried WP Thyroid. This is a fantastic thing..”

Maria · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 13, 2019

For Hashimoto's disease: “Worked before! New version sucks.”

Ei Mac · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 18, 2019

For Hypothyroidism, After Thyroid Removal: “The old WP worked great. Since it’s return after being unavilable it has been junk. Like a sugar pill. Going back to Synthyroid. Don’t waste your time or money on WP.”

RLH452 · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 7, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid: “Was on Levothyroxine for two years with a litany of ailments and conditions. Went on WP Thyroid and got rid of most of the unwanted conditions associated with hypothyroidism.”

Jeann915 October 28, 2017

For Underactive Thyroid: “After over 30 years on various thyroid drugs including synthroid, cytomel, levothyroxine, armour, this is the first one that truly made me feel great! Clear thoughts, more agile, etc.”

AVM · Taken for 2 to 5 years February 25, 2018

For Underactive Thyroid: “Really works well. Armour gave me a rash, made me wheezy, etc. WP Thyroid really has been a terrific product for me.”

Notnamed · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 24, 2018

For Underactive Thyroid: “Best results with a thyroid medication.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 24, 2018

“Best results I have ever had with a thyroid medication.”