User Reviews for Thyroid desiccated to treat Thyroid Cancer

Also known as: Armour Thyroid, NP Thyroid, Nature-Throid, Thyroid Porcine, Westhroid, WP Thyroid, Bio-Throid

Thyroid desiccated has an average rating of 5.2 out of 10 from a total of 13 ratings for the treatment of Thyroid Cancer. 46% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 54% reported a negative effect.

Thyroid desiccated Rating Summary

5.2/10 average rating

Compare all 30 medications used in the treatment of Thyroid Cancer.

Reviews for Thyroid desiccated

Lisette M. February 2, 2015

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated): “NatureThroid seriously changed my life! I did so terrible on Synthroid; I was gaining weight despite the fact that I was working out and eating well, loosing my hair, major brain fog and headaches with aura and joint pain. I feel awesome on NatureThroid and am loosing weight even.”

BowAndArrow · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 26, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated): “When I found NP Thyroid 11 months ago I got my life back. I struggled for a year on different medications after a total thyroidectomy for cancer but now Acella changed all that. That's over now. They changed the supplier for the active ingredient claiming it worked exactly the same. It does not. I am having memory problems, brain fog, heart palpitations, headache and a burning throat. There is something wrong with these pills. No more NP Thyroid for me.”

Firefly · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 18, 2019

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated): “I have Hashimoto's and Thyroid Cancer. I've been doing well on it for many years until my refill in November 2017. I started my new bottle one morning and somewhat immediately I started having weird chest pains and felt sick. I then checked the pills and they were NOTICEABLY different in color & noticed in taste the next day. From that day and for the next 6 weeks, I went completely downhill. Bakers cyst at 4 wks and a autoimmune crash at 6 wks. I have not been the same since. Can't drive, using a walker (I'm 44), and had not had balance problems until this med switch. After being checked for EVERYTHING, I was diagnosed with Ataxia which is caused from hypothyroidism. My levels were fine the entire time until one batch made me hypothyroid. I finally switched to WP thyroid on the same mg's and I'm now bordering hyperthyroid. RLC Labs SWEARS that they did not change the formula, and if that is true then 100% THE RAW MATERIAL IS NOT THE SAME AND IS NOT GOOD AT ALL.”

KA7894766 October 29, 2015

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated): “Started on Levo/Synthroid after surgery a year ago. Had lots of leg pains and just didn't feel good. Then tried Armour - better but still didn't feel right and still had leg pains. Now I am on Nature's Thyroid - feel much better and no leg pains. I have increased to 2 grains started at 1 and 1/4. Feel more like my old self. I was starting to get really depressed thinking this was my life now always feeling subpar. I even regretted surgery and remnant ablation . I hope this continues but for anyone who has absolutely no thyroid I recommend you take something that more mirrors your body's natural thyroid. Your thyroid does so much more for your body than you realize. A synthetic T4 only product is not going to cut it in the long run for us.”

Glampam August 1, 2013

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated): “I have been taking 6 grains of Armour Thyroid for almost two years. I had thyroid cancer about six years ago. So nice to be on natural medication THAT WORKS! I feel so much better since switching to Armour. I hope more doctor's will understand that this is a viable, wonderful option for their patients.”

Susmith911 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 9, 2019

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated): “I also have been feeling bloated, tired, and pain in my chest and arm. I thought it was because of my recent surgery after Easter. I started smell the smell of cat urine while taking my pill, and thought it was weird because I never realized it before. I googled recalls on these NP 330 thyroid pills and found this site. Thank God! This is probably why I am not feeling well lately. I tried calling the company Acella, but they haven't returned my calls yet, so I just called the FDA. 8884636332. I explained the situation, and mentioned this site, plus told her to look herself, not sure if she will. Anyway, she said that anyone that is, or has had issues need to fill out a form called Med Watch. This the way to get them to investigate. Thanks everyone! Let's help others that aren't aware.”

HLMD February 9, 2017

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated): “I had my thyroid removed due to cancer 9 years ago. The doctor initially put me on Synthroid in various dosages which didn't work, then levothyroxin which also did not work. It took about a year before we all agreed my body was not absorbing it for some reason. A miserable year. I wasn't sure I would ever get to be "me" again. I was always exhausted, sad, lost my temper to a degree it was scary, and everything took a lot of effort. Depression had certainly set in and I had not experienced that before. Finally a neighbor told me about Armour so I asked for it. Don't believe the Synthroid smear campaign. This stuff works and is cheap! I alternate two strengths daily and a 30 day supply from Costco is about $35.”

Kelli · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 18, 2019

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated): “I have hypothyroidism and was also found to have thyroid papillary carcinoma. I had the right side of my thyroid removed and gained 15 pounds after my surgery. I was on just 15 mg prior to surgery, I was recently put back on 15 mg which was then bumped up to 30 mg 3x a week and 15 mg 4x a week. Got my numbers back today and my TSH was 6.8 the worst its been so far. So now he has bumped me up to 60 mgs (believe thats one grain) and still trying to clarify if he wants me to take that every day or 4x a week or what. He wasn't specific. So I will see what he says. Anyone else have weight gain with Armour? Am I gaining weight because my Armour didn't have me in the optimal range? I live a low carb lifestyle because I have other health issues. Thanks!”

Mickey January 26, 2021

NP Thyroid (thyroid desiccated): “I was on nature throid for years. When they stopped making the naturethroid I was switched to thyroid np. I thought I was going crazy. I was horribly depressed, had constant anxiety from the time I woke up until the time I went to bed. All day long every day consisted of battling constant panic attacks. My heart was constantly racing. I called my dr who then prescribed antidepressants, which I couldn't take. They also gave me horrible side effects. So I started trying to figure out what was wrong with me because I am normally not depressed at all and extremely happy person. I ended up in the ER who switched me to armour. Since day one of the switch, my anxiety is almost gone. My heart stopped racing. I have not had one single panic attack and I am no longer depressed. I don't know what is in this medication but it was awful and I wouldn't take it again even if it were the only option. Stay away from this medication if you can!! Most Horrible awful experience of my life!”

I need help! · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2014

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated): “I had 3 types of Thyroid cancer 22 years ago so had a thyroidectomy/isthmusectomy and have 1 parathyroid left. I was put on Synthroid for 22 years, then became toxic to it. New Endocrinologist put me on Tirosint, it was great at first, all bad symptoms of Synthroid disappeared then started having negative side effect of always sleeping and felt numb emotionally. Switched to Armour Thyroid and even worse, I'm not sleepy any more BUT now I'm "always" nauseated, can't eat, shaking, thirsty all the time, gastric upset, stomach ache, muscle fatigue like I've never experienced, palpitations back but not as bad as when on the Synthroid medicine, S.O.B on exertion. I was put on 90 of Armour Thyroid now 75 (one 60 and one 15). ”

Diana · Taken for 10 years or more April 17, 2019

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated): “My thyroid was removed due to cancer and Armour prescribed. After about 10 years I was diagnosed with osteoporosis. Since then I have been associated with about (6) doctors including (2) naturopathic doctors. All have stated Armour contributes to osteoporosis and that I should change to Nature Thyroid. Since changing my osteoporosis has not gotten worse.”

Living in Hell July 19, 2021

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated): “I was on synthetic thyroid meds for over 10 years after thyroid cancer. My levels looked fine said the doctor, but I clearly wasn’t. You’re depressed said the other doctor. Having had thyroid and then immediately breast cancer, well yes, I guess I am depressed! Loaded me up on antidepressants. I guess I feel better? I know I’m supposed to, but I wasn’t living, I was surviving and that was a chore! Finally threw myself at the doctors feet bawling, and said PLEASE treat ME, NOT the lab work!!! Wow here comes nature thyroid. My life began again after 10+ years!! Yipppeee! After a year of finally feeling like myself again, it was recalled. Right back to feeling like I just can’t drag myself out of the bed, and that is NOT me!! WHAT is everyone else doing without our wonder drug? The pharmacist told me last week he’s pretty sure it isn’t coming back!! I can’t imagine the rest of my life feeling like this!!!”

Sad Sack · Taken for less than 1 month November 6, 2019

“NP thyroid had been working great for a couple years after decades of struggling with synthroid. But my last refill was their new formulation. Hypo levels came back with a vengeance a week after starting the new formulation.”

Armour is amazing · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 18, 2020

Armour Thyroid (thyroid desiccated): “I love armour thyroid! I have lost all the weight I gained from levothyroxine! I hated it! Armour has given me back my life! I have energy like normal and can think clearly and my body doesn’t ache.”

ZoeRochelle April 11, 2015

Nature-Throid (thyroid desiccated): “take 4.5 grains a day. So much better than levothyroxine.”

Learn more about Thyroid Cancer