User Reviews for Entresto

Heart Failure
4.4

Summary of Entresto reviews 4.6 42 reviews

Reviews for Entresto

For Heart Failure "I’m a 57 year old male. I’ve been on Entresto 6 months. Started with EF of 20% just had ECHO and it’s 35%. My HF started 2 1/2 years ago with other HF drugs no improvement on EF. The side effects are blurry vision, joint pain, moody nervous, loose stool, confused thinking, tingling in fingers. However I have had a great improvement on energy level. My job is in lawn care service and my helper always had to use hedge trimmer but now I can do it. Before I did not have the energy or breath to do it. Hopefully my EF continues to go up and side effects will be worth it."

Mac (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 9, 2018

For Heart Failure "Very effect with significant improvement of symptoms from cardiac matters and hospitialization. The most adverse side affect I have encountered is a twenty pound weight gain within the six months of taking the medication."

Jonezee (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2018

For Heart Failure "I was tired of only been taking my garbage to the curb and walking back inside the house - I couldn't walk any further - that was at age 51 and suffering from CHF with an injection fraction was 35. Since being put on Entresto over two years ago I walk at least an hour a day with my sister's dog at the lake and I am never winded, in fact if the dog didn't tire out I could walk another hour, that's a long way to come from being tired just walking 150 feet total to take out the garbage. My heart doc says I have had the best success out of all his patients and should be in commercials for the drug. I can only speak from my experience and would HIGHLY RECOMMEND it for people in my position. I feel like I did before the CHF diagnosis."

JimEifler (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 21, 2018

For Heart Failure "I have been taking entresto for 18 months my heart only works at one third of it's capacity and this drug has improved the quality of my life five fold. My energy level increased two fold and I have less problems getting fatigued when climbing stairs or exerting myself. For some this medication is a blessing thanks to my cardiologist."

Wilcowill (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 17, 2018

For Heart Failure "My mom is over 80 years old. She was getting water on her lung. When the doctors put her on entresto, all she did was gasp for air and was totally exhausted. We took her off of it after a few weeks and she soon began breathing better and gained a lot more energy. All she needed was a slightly stronger diuretic, which is what happened. If the ignorant doctors put your family member on this NEW drug, tell the doctors to take the pill and let them gasp for air! They must be getting a kick-back from the greedy sales reps and company. Despicable , commercials, and drug!"

Son (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2018

For Heart Failure "I’ve only been on Entresto for 3 months, and after reading a lot of negative reviews, I was very leery about this medication. However, after adjusting to the med (it does take time, it will make you tired, it did make me feel like I lost my spark), I started to feel increasingly better. My fatigue lessened and my energy increased. I started to feel more normal, for the first time since being diagnosed with left ventricular noncompaction cardiomyopathy (LVNC) 2 years ago. My EF (ejection fraction) went from 12% to 32%, and I’ve only been on it a few months! I cannot express how thankful I am for Entresto! I know it’s not for everyone, but I have tolerated it so well. Every weekly blood draw has been great, and most importantly, I continue to feel a little better each week. As a mother of 5 children ranging from age 2 to 13, I’ll take all the energy I can get!"

Mommaof5 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2018

For Heart Failure "My father is dead. My Dad was 87 and did have a weak heart but he had been riding his bike a few miles a day. This awful drug does not have a lot of data on older people. He was put on this drug in September of 2017. My mother kept questioning the med because she saw him getting weaker and Dr continued to say it was good. By March he was so weak that they begged the Dr to get him off. He finally came off but damage was done. He died a little over 3 mos. after. Get your loved one off this med."

Devestated Daughter July 25, 2018

For Heart Failure "I was put on Entresto for approximately 6 Months. This drug was a nightmare for me. Started on the recommended starting dose (med dose) in the beginning. Blood pressure and pulse rate went seriously low and my Doctor ignored these symptoms. I told him I was dizzy, weak, and felt worst than being on conventional Heart Failure drugs so what does he do? He tells me too double the dose. I started taking the maximum dose... In short, it dam near killed me!!!!!! Pulse rate went as low as 30 then spiked to over 140. Blood pressure was 90/60!!!! I had a blackout and my life vest went into treatment mode. I ended up in the Hospital Emergency and was admitted to the hospital. They took me off Entresto and began treatment with conventional Heart Failure drugs. Doing better now but still weak. If anybody is reading this look for supplements for H.F. They have helped more than ever... Such as CoQ10, Garlic,Krill Oil,Magnesium,L-Arginine,Taurine,D-Ribose,and L-Citrulline DL-Malate 2:1"

Enough is Enough (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 22, 2018

For Heart Failure "I was diagnosed with heart failure July 2016. My EF at that time was 15-20% I was put on Entresto and 6 months later my EF was 30-35% My last echo in December 2017 I had an EF of 60-65% (normal range) and a normal sized heart. There are days I don't feel so well that I attribute to the medications I take, but I'll take those bad days to keep my heart healthy. FYI: I am a 57 year old female"

BJ July 20, 2018

For Heart Failure "I think certain SHADY doctors must make make money for prescribing these new awful medications. The first day my family member was on it they started to swell in feet and ankles. Got worse and worse, where they weren't able to breathe because so much fluid retention. Went on and on for over two weeks even after following up with doctor, and bringing it to his attention. He ignored it, blamed it on sodium intake (not true, we monitored diet). Instead, he prescribed a super weak diuretic, and increased Ernesto! My family member in hospital, and we almost lost them. Never had fluid retention like that in entire life until that medication. Scary!"

DisgustwDR (taken for less than 1 month) July 16, 2018

For Heart Failure "My mom started taking this drug recommended by the "expert" Dr's for a couple weeks. She hasn't had ONE good day of breathing on it after two weeks. I hate this drug. Are the Dr's maybe getting a kick-back on this drug? Hopefully not. I can't even think about it. When they suggest it, tell them no way, never, not at all or take it yourself!"

Sickened son (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2018

For Heart Failure "Before we started going to this new cardiologist, my husband was stabilized. We were not only hiking for 3 hours, but mountain biking over 2 hours a day. This new physician said it would be 'better' for him. And gave him a 2 week trial pack. The moment he started the dosing regimen he turned into what I call "Different Person". He became highly irritable, mood swings, and that was only the 1/2 dose for 3 days. When he took the full dose, everything started to break loose. He couldn't go no more than 1/4 hour on the mountain bike due to chest tightness. And yesterday, we walked for only 10 mins, and he had severe chest pain. To the point of almost having to go to the ER. His usual dose beta blocker and 3 doses over a period of an hour DE (Diatomateous Earth) brought the blood pressure down from 186/133 to 113/65. I knew it was the Entresto, from start to finish, and trust me on this one. We're finished.. not only with the new cardiologist, but Entresto as well.."

Nikki May 17, 2018

For Heart Failure "Got put on entresto November 2016 I have put on over 70lbs being on this drug. My diet hadn't changed and my doctor says it not the drug. I was losing weight before she changed my med to entresto"

Ron (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 15, 2018

For Heart Failure "I’m disgusted that a drug company disqualified someone because of their legal status here in the US. That’s what his private pay cardiologist put him on knowing all the particulars. It’s the best drug for his CHF. Wow"

Sandy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2018

For Heart Failure "My husband was prescribed this drug by his cardiologist. For some reason the doctor prescribed the highest dose and did not ease him into the medication. Entresto was a nightmare. My husband couldn't get out of bed. He slept 20 of 24 hours. Finally we contacted our GP and he instructed us to have my husband stop taking Entresto. A week later we met with the Cardiologist he gave my husband an EKG and now he has Afib. I find it hard to believe the coincidence of taking this drug and then immediately developing persistent afib."

not2worry April 28, 2018

For Heart Failure "My father was put on Entresto about two months ago. His kidney function, which had been okay, grew worse and worse. A few days ago he collapsed because his kidneys were no longer able to process his insulin (he has diabetes; it was hypoglycemia). He was seen by a nephrologist who quickly took him off Entresto; now his kidneys are working again. Perhaps this drug is great for some people, but a close eye must be kept on kidney function."

kareninca (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2018

For Heart Failure "This med has been my lifesaver .... I cant believe all the negative reviews I'm reading on this but this medicine gave me my life back. I remember wanting to sleep all the time no energy to do anything now I'm working out going out with my husband we are like two teenagers again. .So thank you entresto."

Thegirl April 14, 2018

For Heart Failure "Too many side effects including bad diarrhea even at the lowest doseage."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2018

For Heart Failure "I just started today so far so good"

Chrissy (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2018

For Heart Failure "I have dilated cardiomyopathy with an ejection fraction of 20. I was told I will need a heart transplant in the future. My doctor put me on Entresto and I feel like a new person. I have my energy back, no fatigue, breathe much easier, and have a heightened sex drive. Before Entresto I could barely walk up the stairs, I had to take a 3 hour nap every afternoon and trouble sleeping. I am on it 3 months, taking 97 mg 2x a day and today I was able to walk 1 1/2 miles!!! I am so happy that this medicine has given me my life back."

Vin M (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2018

For Heart Failure "Chanthall Brown 28 yrs. I have a family history of heart failure. After my primary and heart doctor prescribed this medicine I decided to take it. After only being on it 6 weeks. I could take 160mg lasix and still won't urinate. Not understanding and just knowing something was wrong i was admitted in the hospital for kidney failure - after never having a kidney problem before the doctor treating me immediately stopped entresto. I could breathe now was always out of breathe. I had abdominal pains lower side back pains and my heart doctor told me the medicines aren't working for me spend as much time with my kids as possible and prepare a will. I HATE ENTRESTO"

Chanthall Brown (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2018

For Heart Failure "I am a 52 yr. old. non-diabetic woman and I was in the ER/admitted and diagnosed with HF a year ago next week. Entresto has helped me tremendously. My ejection fraction was 35 and now is 53. I can sleep lying down again. In the months before Entresto I had to sleep with my upper body lying forward (think sleeping at the kitchen table with your head on your arms). Anything else caused continuous coughing. I had lower leg swelling so bad in both legs that it caused weeping sores and blisters that have permanently scarred my shins. Instead of finding out why I had the swelling, I was referred to a lymphedema clinic to learn how to wrap my legs. I had crushing fatigue so bad that I literally could fall asleep between bites of food. Now, most days I don't even need a nap. Walking across the room would leave me breathless & now I can bike & walk the dog again. I absolutely hate being dependent on a drug. I'm told I'll be on Entresto for life. It beats not having a life, literally."

Elaine S. (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 8, 2018

For Heart Failure "Don’t really notice a difference taking entresto, on it over a year now, ejection fraction of 30% , no energy"

Timmy1975 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 28, 2018

For Heart Failure " I have felt better when tachycardia is decreased, but I have tingling in my hands and feet, as well as some mild chest pain and altered nervous state"

Me he sentido mejir (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2018

For Heart Failure "After a year on the drug ,Nothing. It has no effect. I find it interesting that it works by preventing the absorption of aldosterone. How ever 3 months on a green drink supplement and I am greatly improved."

Nicholasmindspring.com (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 2, 2018