User Reviews for Entresto

Learn more about Entresto.

Heart Failure 8 reviews 119 medications

4.5
Summary of Entresto reviews 8 reviews 4.5

Reviews for Entresto

For Heart Failure "Common side effect. Tiredness. Only on this med for about 1 month due to low ejection factor. My Doctors are highly encouraged by the studies of this drug."

Corona1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Heart Failure "I am 48 years old and I have Left bundle branch block (LBBB) and a low ejection fraction 30 to 35.. I used to be on Lisinopril and Carvedilol before taking Entresto and the Lisinopril didn't suit me well and gave me anxiety.. I have been on Entresto and Carvedilol for almost a year and I enjoy taking the medicines together.. I workout 3 times a week and I am losing weight and my ejection fraction is increasing.. I am not having any side effects but a very light dizziness if I sit for a long time and get up fast.. I can feel that my heart works easier than before and my average blood pressure is 117/68 Entresto is about $485 a month; however; if you go online and register they provide a discount card and after my insurance I pay $60 a month "

48inTx March 24, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Heart Failure "This drug is expensive. Patients on Medicare D, can soon find themselves in the donut hole, thus causing added problems for many. (not if money is no object) . There is not enough information out on this drug's ability to prolong life.Doctor mentions very few side effects. Main ones were, Low BP, angioedema, high potassium/kidney damage. I bring up more side effects, he does not agree...yet Drugs.com list side effects that I am having with this med. Back pain/side pain. I have had difficulty walking due to these pains and resort to a walker. Heart Failure caused by poor stent placement in LAD. )-: My EF is sliding downwards from 40-45% to recent echo of 30-35%. I thought this med was the answer to HF. Needing more solid info."

MacyMaiden January 19, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Heart Failure "Took the 24 mg med and feeling lightheaded and dizzy. Blood pressure dropped to 60 and was sent to ICU for observation for several days. My potassium level went up to 6.9 and lab test results show kidney problems. The new cardiologist put me on Metolazone instead to removed excess fluid on lungs and it worked great! No more shortness of breath and no more swelling on the legs, stomach and no excess fluid on lungs. I advised to take a look at it first and do your research before taking this medication. Good thing I only took it for 6 weeks but that short time did not gave me good results."

woodtree January 14, 2017

29 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Heart Failure "I've been on entresto for two months and my heart has become extremely worse. My kidney has also deteriorated rapidly. I've lost a lot of weight, decreased appetite and decreased energy . I'm not going to say this medication is garbage because I'm sure for others it may have helped them but for me it has not. My doctor has taken me off of entresto today and I have to go back on my old medication in 36 hours. I'm hoping life goes back to normal before I started the use of this medication."

Extremely disappointed (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2017

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Heart Failure "I felt dizzy, light headed, confused, and my throat felt like it was closing .I can't tell if it is any good because you are on so many medications when you have stage 3 heart failure. But I do know this the trials should have went forward to look at all evidence these fast tract FDA approvals have killed a lot of people because of serious side affects look at the law commercials you see everyday ."

mazda8616 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2016

22 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Heart Failure "The side effects of this medicine ALMOST KILLED ME!!! I had trouble breathing. It lowered my left ventricle ejection fraction 30-35% to 15-20%, and I went from a normal sized heart to severely enlarged in just 6 months. Read about the side effects and the incomplete clinical trials this medicine maybe detrimental to your health."

almost dead October 5, 2016

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Heart Failure "A short time after having started on Ernesto 50 mg I' noticed a reduction in my vision. Eye surgeons weren't quite sure what it was except that they saw an inflammation on my sight nerve. They guessed at temporal arthritis and put me on cortisone. But even now, several months later I feel a faint flare-up of the same feeling on my sight nerve. Could this be connected to the blurred vision as listed as one of the most important side effects, you think?"

macsek (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2016