User Reviews for Entresto

Learn more about Entresto.

Heart Failure 15 reviews 119 medications

4.7
Summary of Entresto reviews 15 reviews 4.7

Reviews for Entresto

For Heart Failure "I have found my quality of life has improved since taking Entresto but I am experiencing considerable hair loss and wonder if the drug could have contributed to this condition."

claira cluck (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Heart Failure "When I was first taken off of Enalapril started Entresto on the lowest dosage (50mg), the only side effect I had was lack of energy. My dosage was double to 100mg after a few weeks. That was when I started noticing worse side effects. Breathing difficulties were the most significant. I also noticed my energy levels decreased even further, lightheadedness and dizziness when standing, dry mouth, increased thirst, and throat swelling (all of which I'm suffering at the moment.) As suggested on the insert for this medication, I will not be taking my next PM and AM dosage because of the throat swelling and will be calling my cardiologist first thing in the morning."

BrittanyNicole09 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Heart Failure "My son has an EJ of 29. He took 1 per day of the smallest dose and his EJ is up to 35. However, his legs, feet and ankles swelled a lot. He is now taking HCTZ daily for the swelling and it is working. If the swelling stays down for another week I am going to give him this twice a day. If he swells I will go back to the once daily."

jimmie57 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Heart Failure "After 3 weeks on this trial drug, Entresto I started having breathing problems. Was out of breath going up stairs and short of breath most of the time. By my 4th month I had gone from being a 51 yr old to seeming like an 81 yr old. I had no energy and a 10 min walk home now took over half hour. Even though I was walking as slow as possible I had many stops to catch my breath and get my heart rate down. I can no longer walk anywhere and rely on a lift. Stopped taking drug. Maybe down to feeling like a 71 yr old now. Just hoping the side affects will completely disappear. Meeting with consultant end of week."

Toffeefudgebanana July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Heart Failure "coughing all the time can't sleep because of coughing"

patscottleya June 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Heart Failure "been on this drug for a couple months & have already been told my kidneys have taken a "knock". On 46-51 mg twice a day. Felt uneasy from the start, have stopped taking it since I learned about my kidneys. Have appointment with cardiologist, who prescribed this drug, in a couple weeks & will take old ramipril til then. Check on your own before just taking prescribed drugs.That is something I normally do, but because of high praise from Dr. didn't check this time. PLUS the PRICE is ridiculous.... how can anyone afford this unless they have mega bucks!!!!! Presently on introduction plan which gives it free but that's soon to run out."

crazynot June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Heart Failure "While taking lower dose I felt better than since taking higher dose, my breathing suffers more also more light headed"

Raihly May 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Heart Failure "Common side effect. Tiredness. Only on this med for about 1 month due to low ejection factor. My Doctors are highly encouraged by the studies of this drug."

Corona1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Heart Failure "I am 48 years old and I have Left bundle branch block (LBBB) and a low ejection fraction 30 to 35.. I used to be on Lisinopril and Carvedilol before taking Entresto and the Lisinopril didn't suit me well and gave me anxiety.. I have been on Entresto and Carvedilol for almost a year and I enjoy taking the medicines together.. I workout 3 times a week and I am losing weight and my ejection fraction is increasing.. I am not having any side effects but a very light dizziness if I sit for a long time and get up fast.. I can feel that my heart works easier than before and my average blood pressure is 117/68 Entresto is about $485 a month; however; if you go online and register they provide a discount card and after my insurance I pay $60 a month "

48inTx March 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Heart Failure "This drug is expensive. Patients on Medicare D, can soon find themselves in the donut hole, thus causing added problems for many. (not if money is no object) . There is not enough information out on this drug's ability to prolong life.Doctor mentions very few side effects. Main ones were, Low BP, angioedema, high potassium/kidney damage. I bring up more side effects, he does not agree...yet Drugs.com list side effects that I am having with this med. Back pain/side pain. I have had difficulty walking due to these pains and resort to a walker. Heart Failure caused by poor stent placement in LAD. )-: My EF is sliding downwards from 40-45% to recent echo of 30-35%. I thought this med was the answer to HF. Needing more solid info."

MacyMaiden January 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Heart Failure "Took the 24 mg med and feeling lightheaded and dizzy. Blood pressure dropped to 60 and was sent to ICU for observation for several days. My potassium level went up to 6.9 and lab test results show kidney problems. The new cardiologist put me on Metolazone instead to removed excess fluid on lungs and it worked great! No more shortness of breath and no more swelling on the legs, stomach and no excess fluid on lungs. I advised to take a look at it first and do your research before taking this medication. Good thing I only took it for 6 weeks but that short time did not gave me good results."

woodtree January 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Heart Failure "I've been on entresto for two months and my heart has become extremely worse. My kidney has also deteriorated rapidly. I've lost a lot of weight, decreased appetite and decreased energy . I'm not going to say this medication is garbage because I'm sure for others it may have helped them but for me it has not. My doctor has taken me off of entresto today and I have to go back on my old medication in 36 hours. I'm hoping life goes back to normal before I started the use of this medication."

Extremely disappointed (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Heart Failure "I felt dizzy, light headed, confused, and my throat felt like it was closing .I can't tell if it is any good because you are on so many medications when you have stage 3 heart failure. But I do know this the trials should have went forward to look at all evidence these fast tract FDA approvals have killed a lot of people because of serious side affects look at the law commercials you see everyday ."

mazda8616 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 12, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Heart Failure "The side effects of this medicine ALMOST KILLED ME!!! I had trouble breathing. It lowered my left ventricle ejection fraction 30-35% to 15-20%, and I went from a normal sized heart to severely enlarged in just 6 months. Read about the side effects and the incomplete clinical trials this medicine maybe detrimental to your health."

almost dead October 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Heart Failure "A short time after having started on Ernesto 50 mg I' noticed a reduction in my vision. Eye surgeons weren't quite sure what it was except that they saw an inflammation on my sight nerve. They guessed at temporal arthritis and put me on cortisone. But even now, several months later I feel a faint flare-up of the same feeling on my sight nerve. Could this be connected to the blurred vision as listed as one of the most important side effects, you think?"

macsek (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 10, 2016