User Reviews for Entresto

Heart Failure
4.2

Summary of Entresto reviews 4.4 31 reviews

Reviews for Entresto

For Heart Failure "Before we started going to this new cardiologist, my husband was stabilized. We were not only hiking for 3 hours, but mountain biking over 2 hours a day. This new physician said it would be 'better' for him. And gave him a 2 week trial pack. The moment he started the dosing regimen he turned into what I call "Different Person". He became highly irritable, mood swings, and that was only the 1/2 dose for 3 days. When he took the full dose, everything started to break loose. He couldn't go no more than 1/4 hour on the mountain bike due to chest tightness. And yesterday, we walked for only 10 mins, and he had severe chest pain. To the point of almost having to go to the ER. His usual dose beta blocker and 3 doses over a period of an hour DE (Diatomateous Earth) brought the blood pressure down from 186/133 to 113/65. I knew it was the Entresto, from start to finish, and trust me on this one. We're finished.. not only with the new cardiologist, but Entresto as well.."

Nikki May 17, 2018

For Heart Failure "Got put on entresto November 2016 I have put on over 70lbs being on this drug. My diet hadn't changed and my doctor says it not the drug. I was losing weight before she changed my med to entresto"

Ron (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 15, 2018

For Heart Failure "I’m disgusted that a drug company disqualified someone because of their legal status here in the US. That’s what his private pay cardiologist put him on knowing all the particulars. It’s the best drug for his CHF. Wow"

Sandy (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 3, 2018

For Heart Failure "My husband was prescribed this drug by his cardiologist. For some reason the doctor prescribed the highest dose and did not ease him into the medication. Entresto was a nightmare. My husband couldn't get out of bed. He slept 20 of 24 hours. Finally we contacted our GP and he instructed us to have my husband stop taking Entresto. A week later we met with the Cardiologist he gave my husband an EKG and now he has Afib. I find it hard to believe the coincidence of taking this drug and then immediately developing persistent afib."

not2worry April 28, 2018

For Heart Failure "My father was put on Entresto about two months ago. His kidney function, which had been okay, grew worse and worse. A few days ago he collapsed because his kidneys were no longer able to process his insulin (he has diabetes; it was hypoglycemia). He was seen by a nephrologist who quickly took him off Entresto; now his kidneys are working again. Perhaps this drug is great for some people, but a close eye must be kept on kidney function."

kareninca (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 19, 2018

For Heart Failure "This med has been my lifesaver .... I cant believe all the negative reviews I'm reading on this but this medicine gave me my life back. I remember wanting to sleep all the time no energy to do anything now I'm working out going out with my husband we are like two teenagers again. .So thank you entresto."

Thegirl April 14, 2018

For Heart Failure "Too many side effects including bad diarrhea even at the lowest doseage."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 23, 2018

For Heart Failure "I just started today so far so good"

Chrissy (taken for less than 1 month) March 21, 2018

For Heart Failure "I have dilated cardiomyopathy with an ejection fraction of 20. I was told I will need a heart transplant in the future. My doctor put me on Entresto and I feel like a new person. I have my energy back, no fatigue, breathe much easier, and have a heightened sex drive. Before Entresto I could barely walk up the stairs, I had to take a 3 hour nap every afternoon and trouble sleeping. I am on it 3 months, taking 97 mg 2x a day and today I was able to walk 1 1/2 miles!!! I am so happy that this medicine has given me my life back."

Vin M (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2018

For Heart Failure "Chanthall Brown 28 yrs. I have a family history of heart failure. After my primary and heart doctor prescribed this medicine I decided to take it. After only being on it 6 weeks. I could take 160mg lasix and still won't urinate. Not understanding and just knowing something was wrong i was admitted in the hospital for kidney failure - after never having a kidney problem before the doctor treating me immediately stopped entresto. I could breathe now was always out of breathe. I had abdominal pains lower side back pains and my heart doctor told me the medicines aren't working for me spend as much time with my kids as possible and prepare a will. I HATE ENTRESTO"

Chanthall Brown (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2018

For Heart Failure "I am a 52 yr. old. non-diabetic woman and I was in the ER/admitted and diagnosed with HF a year ago next week. Entresto has helped me tremendously. My ejection fraction was 35 and now is 53. I can sleep lying down again. In the months before Entresto I had to sleep with my upper body lying forward (think sleeping at the kitchen table with your head on your arms). Anything else caused continuous coughing. I had lower leg swelling so bad in both legs that it caused weeping sores and blisters that have permanently scarred my shins. Instead of finding out why I had the swelling, I was referred to a lymphedema clinic to learn how to wrap my legs. I had crushing fatigue so bad that I literally could fall asleep between bites of food. Now, most days I don't even need a nap. Walking across the room would leave me breathless & now I can bike & walk the dog again. I absolutely hate being dependent on a drug. I'm told I'll be on Entresto for life. It beats not having a life, literally."

Elaine S. (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 8, 2018

For Heart Failure "Don’t really notice a difference taking entresto, on it over a year now, ejection fraction of 30% , no energy"

Timmy1975 (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 28, 2018

For Heart Failure " I have felt better when tachycardia is decreased, but I have tingling in my hands and feet, as well as some mild chest pain and altered nervous state"

Me he sentido mejir (taken for less than 1 month) January 8, 2018

For Heart Failure "After a year on the drug ,Nothing. It has no effect. I find it interesting that it works by preventing the absorption of aldosterone. How ever 3 months on a green drink supplement and I am greatly improved."

Nicholasmindspring.com (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 2, 2018

For Heart Failure "I don't see any improvement with Entresto. I actually think I'm worse with weakness and dizziness in addition to arrhythmias. Also, I have more joint pain and have had more frequent angina."

Becca1959 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2017

For Heart Failure "My 89-year old father was taking this med for a few weeks. He was weak (we had to pull him out of bed or out of his chair, he walked with a walker, was confused, just totally not him. He happened to have a urinary infection about the same time so we blamed that. Finally, a week later, infection gone -- and was still so weak. Hospitalized one day, many tests, and nothing found. Started to take half the dose of Entresto, per his cardiologist (we asked since that was the only thing different at this point)... in five days, back to normal. No walker, no need to help him get up, alert and living again! P.S. His primary care doctor said he doesn't prescribe Entresto... its two powerful drugs. He isn't the cardio guy, but... beware!"

MichDaughter October 14, 2017

For Heart Failure "I have found my quality of life has improved since taking Entresto but I am experiencing considerable hair loss and wonder if the drug could have contributed to this condition."

claira cluck (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 10, 2017

For Heart Failure "When I was first taken off of Enalapril started Entresto on the lowest dosage (50mg), the only side effect I had was lack of energy. My dosage was double to 100mg after a few weeks. That was when I started noticing worse side effects. Breathing difficulties were the most significant. I also noticed my energy levels decreased even further, lightheadedness and dizziness when standing, dry mouth, increased thirst, and throat swelling (all of which I'm suffering at the moment.) As suggested on the insert for this medication, I will not be taking my next PM and AM dosage because of the throat swelling and will be calling my cardiologist first thing in the morning."

BrittanyNicole09 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 28, 2017

For Heart Failure "My son has an EJ of 29. He took 1 per day of the smallest dose and his EJ is up to 35. However, his legs, feet and ankles swelled a lot. He is now taking HCTZ daily for the swelling and it is working. If the swelling stays down for another week I am going to give him this twice a day. If he swells I will go back to the once daily."

jimmie57 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2017

For Heart Failure "After 3 weeks on this trial drug, Entresto I started having breathing problems. Was out of breath going up stairs and short of breath most of the time. By my 4th month I had gone from being a 51 yr old to seeming like an 81 yr old. I had no energy and a 10 min walk home now took over half hour. Even though I was walking as slow as possible I had many stops to catch my breath and get my heart rate down. I can no longer walk anywhere and rely on a lift. Stopped taking drug. Maybe down to feeling like a 71 yr old now. Just hoping the side affects will completely disappear. Meeting with consultant end of week."

Toffeefudgebanana July 23, 2017

For Heart Failure "coughing all the time can't sleep because of coughing"

patscottleya June 12, 2017

For Heart Failure "been on this drug for a couple months & have already been told my kidneys have taken a "knock". On 46-51 mg twice a day. Felt uneasy from the start, have stopped taking it since I learned about my kidneys. Have appointment with cardiologist, who prescribed this drug, in a couple weeks & will take old ramipril til then. Check on your own before just taking prescribed drugs.That is something I normally do, but because of high praise from Dr. didn't check this time. PLUS the PRICE is ridiculous.... how can anyone afford this unless they have mega bucks!!!!! Presently on introduction plan which gives it free but that's soon to run out."

crazynot June 11, 2017

For Heart Failure "While taking lower dose I felt better than since taking higher dose, my breathing suffers more also more light headed"

Raihly May 18, 2017

For Heart Failure "Common side effect. Tiredness. Only on this med for about 1 month due to low ejection factor. My Doctors are highly encouraged by the studies of this drug."

Corona1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2017

For Heart Failure "I am 48 years old and I have Left bundle branch block (LBBB) and a low ejection fraction 30 to 35.. I used to be on Lisinopril and Carvedilol before taking Entresto and the Lisinopril didn't suit me well and gave me anxiety.. I have been on Entresto and Carvedilol for almost a year and I enjoy taking the medicines together.. I workout 3 times a week and I am losing weight and my ejection fraction is increasing.. I am not having any side effects but a very light dizziness if I sit for a long time and get up fast.. I can feel that my heart works easier than before and my average blood pressure is 117/68 Entresto is about $485 a month; however; if you go online and register they provide a discount card and after my insurance I pay $60 a month "

48inTx March 24, 2017