How much does Entresto cost per month?
Medically reviewed by Leigh Ann Anderson, PharmD. Last updated on June 18, 2020.
- If you are paying cash, the list price of Entresto is $544.75 per month (for 60 tablets); however, most people do not pay this price.
- If you have commercial insurance, you may be able to get Entresto for $10 per refill using a copay card. You can sign up for the copay card on the Novartis website.
- If you have Medicare, most people with Medicare Part D pay less than $50 a month for their Entresto prescription.
- To start, your doctor may be able to provide you with a free one-month trial to see if Entresto is the right medication for you.
What is Entresto used for?
Entresto (sacubitril and valsartan), from the drug manufacturer Novartis, is used to treat patients with heart failure and reduced ejection fraction (HFrEF) to lower the risk of cardiovascular death and hospitalization for heart failure. Entresto relaxes blood vessels, improves blood flow, and reduces stress on the heart.
- Entresto is a combination medication that contains the neprilysin inhibitor sacubitril and the angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB) valsartan (brand name: Diovan).
- It helps to improve your heart’s ability to pump blood to the body. Entresto is usually given together with other heart medications or in place of an ACE inhibitor or other ARB.
- The most common side effects with Entresto include low blood pressure, high potassium, cough, dizziness, and kidney problems.
How to afford Entresto
Entresto was approved in 2015 and does not have a generic option yet. As with most new drugs, it can be expensive. But with a little work on your part, you may be able to save quite a bit of money. Here’s what you need to know.
If you are paying cash, the list price of Entresto is $544.75 per month (for 60 tablets). However, this price can vary based on online coupon discounts, where you are located, and which pharmacy you visit. Check with your pharmacist for more information.
If your doctor recommends Entresto treatment for you, they may be able to provide you with a free one-month trial to see if Entresto is right medication for you. Be sure to ask about this at your appointment.
If you have commercial insurance (for example: Blue Cross Blue Shield or Cigna), you may be able to get Entresto for $10 per refill using a copay card supplied by Novartis. Entresto is covered for 76% of commercial and privately insured patients, but your out-of-pocket costs will vary.
Eligible commercially insured patients can receive a 30-, 60-, or 90-day supply of Entresto for no more than a $10 co-pay. You can get your $10 copay card from the Novartis website. It has a combined annual limit up to $2500. After that, you will be responsible for any costs once your $2500 limit is reached per calendar year.
Call your prescription insurance company and ask about coverage for Entresto and if they accept the copay card. This offer is not valid under Medicare, Medicaid, or any other federal or state program. You can sign up for the copay card on the Novartis website.
If you have Medicare, Entresto has preferred coverage for more than 95% of people with Medicare. On average: 80% of people with Medicare Part D pay less than $50 a month out-of-pocket for their Entresto prescription over 50% of people with Medicare Part D pay $10 or less for their prescription each month.
I don’t fall under any of these plans
If you still cannot afford your medication, call the Novartis patient assistance programs at 1-800-245-5356. Ask for customer service to get further information on financial assistance for Entresto.
- There are many options you can access to afford Entresto. The cash list price is roughly $544 per month, but most people do not pay this price.
- Novartis, the manufacturer of Entresto, offers a variety of programs to provide financial assistance to patients, including a $10 copay card for patients with commercial insurance. Most Medicare plans also cover Entresto for a copay.
- For your first month of treatment, you doctor may be able to provide a free sample to make sure Entresto is right for you.
- Contact Novartis at 1-800-245-5356 if you have further questions about financial assistance for Entresto.
This is not all the information you need to know about Entresto for safe and effective use. Review the full Entresto product information here, and discuss this information with your doctor or other health care provider.
- Entresto [package insert]. East Hanover, New Jersey: Novartis Pharmaceuticals Corporation, 2019. https://www.novartis.us/sites/www.novartis.us/files/entresto.pdf
- How to Save. Entresto. Novartis Pharmaceuticals. Accessed June 18, 2020 at https://www.entresto.com/info/entresto-central/financial-support.jsp
Related Medical Questions
- How long does it take for Entresto to work?
- Can you take carvedilol and Entresto at the same time?
- Can Entresto be cut in half or split?
- Does Entresto improve ejection fraction?
- Is Entresto a blood thinner and does it lower blood pressure?