User Reviews for Paliperidone

Also known as: Invega, Invega Sustenna, Invega Trinza

Learn more about Paliperidone.

Autism 1 reviews 7 medications

Bipolar Disorder 16 reviews 28 medications

6.2
Summary of Paliperidone reviews 108 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Paliperidone

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Hi folks. Have been on Vega inj. For 2months. Most hallucinations, auditory, visual, and mental gone. Has been a game changer for me as my life was completely unmanageable before. Still not leaving home much and have gained a few pounds nothing to drastic but it beats having conversations with people only I can see and not having a choice about it. Also my insurance wouldn't cover it, it's about $2000usd for 1month inj. Thanks, hope this helps."

Healed (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizophrenia: "I was doing ok with Seroquel and my psychiatrist insisted in switching to Invega. I could only last a week on this medication because of the unbearable side effects such as: increased heart rate, extreme psychosis, confusion, suicidal thoughts, commanding voices, disorientation and insomnia at first and hypersomnia afterwards. This experience is one of the worst experiences I've had in 25 years of treatment. I asked my doctor to switch me back to Seroquel but he refuses to do so. I am forced to change of Psychiatrist and get back to a normal life again. Please, check for your own well being because P. docs sometimes lose perspective on this matter."

chefhemaro March 3, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Exceedingly dry mouth causing broken sleep and frequent drinks, blood sugar ebbs and reduced stamina, encourages me to eat up to five times a day. Osteoarthritis worsens with the dryness however mentally stable. Wary of this drug being only a stop gap and apprehensive what's next on the medication menu as all have unbearable side effects."

Whoh March 2, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder: "Been on this for 11 months for my bipolar 1. Side effects have been very minimal compared to other anti-psychotic's I've been on. I'm on the 156mg every 28 days. I also take topamax, cogentin & melatonin. I feel slowed down compared to when I was living in a manic state, but I'm trying to get used to it. It's not a sleepiness but a lack of mania I feel. But I do feel sleepy between 5:30 & 7pm I'm guessing that's when the sustained part of the medication kicks in. I have had some moderate weight gain. I have had severe problems with muscle rigidity with other anti-psychotics, so I am super happy to find I don't have to go through that with invega sustaina! It did give me a big knot in my arm, so I get it in my butt now & that's worked out better!"

Findaway2 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 2, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "This medicine wrecked me. I had a drug induced psychosis, they had no business putting me on this. The only positive is that it did snap me back into reality, but some clean time would have done that. I have gained weight all in my stomach, I developed akathisia that lasted 2 months after discontinuing. Also extreme anhedonia which can persist for up to a year. I hope I return to normal way before that. Please only attempt this med if you don't know which way is up."

copperdome February 20, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "The side effects are devastating for me."

jimjimjim (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 1, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I had been on Haldol before which I am allergic to and it caused wasting away disease. Invega was my last option and it helped fix what Haldol seemed to have ruined and took away a lot of the scary stuff I was dealing with like seeing people in my room. The only thing is I am still hearing voices but they are mostly nice. I am on 234mg a month."

Manda Panda (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 25, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on this drug a few years (3 mg). It seems like I have been on every drug out there. I'm the most stable I've ever been and don't have all the side effects-spasms and twitches- of abilify. To me this is a miracle drug.I have gained weight but attribute it to overeating and not to drug and it is nothing a good plus sized clothing store can't take care of."

Seattlenative (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 10, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Took just one 156mg a month ago (33 days). I was given this by force to control my irritability. I was misdiagnosed as my irritation is caused by a physical condition that I kept mentioning to the Drs who did not listen, and said I had mood swings. Unable to get sore from workouts. Have lost muscle tone. Loss of strength and stamina. Constant sore throat and thirst. 0 sexual interest and completely impotent. Heavy increase in urination. Have occasional feeling of tight band around head after slight arousal. Rarely some left ab pain. Blood ast & alt lvls increased by 30 points I have noticed my 15 inch arms shrink to 13 inches in just a month. I cannot exercise or pick up weights all. I am not getting even slightly sore from intense work."

Million dollar January 7, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I was put on this med while in the hospital. I started having breathing issues ( thought I had bronchitis) and rapid weight gain. I went to refill the med after the first month and the pharmacist noticed that the Invega had bad interactions with one of my other meds and refused to fill it. I'm stepping down and the breathing issues are lessening but i'm still having problems with the weight. The days I take it, I am insatisably hungry. It made me feel better mentally but the rest was rubbish."

overly exhausted (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I have been on this medication overy a year now and it has done wonderful things for me. Before I was on it I had my first episode and was in and out of the hospital 4 times in 5 months trying different medications and being unstable. Now I'm going back to school and I have no symptoms. Side effects are minimal, a little tired the day or two after the shot and I've gained 15 pounds or so not too bad. This medication gave me my life back. I just hope my new insurance will cover it."

Nickname27 December 17, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "My side effect was like no other side effect I have had. I was leaning to the left no matter what I was doing. Sitting, standing, walking, even driving a car, My 3 boys revoked my license. I really was okay and thankful to them. I am and have been going to a pain clinic for many years because of my back. It only made my back hurt more. Free of mental pain? Free of physical pain? Physical won!! My family doctor figured it out. So I guess just watch for anything different, Because if there was any good, the bad took it away. That is my opinions, It hurt me more than it helped me, I am very to see how many received help and relief from it."

cnoble (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 15, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been taking Invega for 3 yrs. I just increased from 6 to 9 mg. I take it in the morning as part of a bipolar drug medicine therapy. I still take Prozac and lithium as well. I didn't have any side effects starting Invega. My moods are 99% controlled. I'm still bipolar and have very infrequent mood swings but they are not as long or as severe. I did gain 20 lbs. My quality of life has greatly improved."

Day Dreamer November 23, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "About to depart invega so felt to document my experience. 5 years have been good on invega. the pamphlet said "as clean as we can make it" or some such and sure enough the mind felt cleaner. If I was in room all day I would feel like my brain was drenched in depression. invega made it fresh. Was able to take an interest in new things and grew over that time. Male Sexual function: 9 mg say good bye, 6mg hints of life, 3 mg omg I thought it left forever Thank U God Weight: kind of hard to manage diet and exercise. its like you need a scientist to work out satisfaction vs calorie control. beyond me, though weight training helped me feel good. Tiredness: very tired after work on all dosages. Hard to motivate to exercise but very rewarding,"

DevourerofNandos November 21, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Shaking of the legs and the tongue. TardiVe dyskinesia developed. Wasn't told about the side effects of Invega before taking the drug."

Cheryl2464 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 11, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "InVega did treat my crazy and voices and strange behavior but it left me feeling empty and unmotivated and things just aren't the same. The depression gets me to suicidal thoughts but I won't hurt myself hell I hardly do anything everything sucks now and Idk. I would only recommend this drug to people who are dangerously insane because it is very strong and it's effects last long after discontinuing. But I will say I pitty any person who has to ever take it cuz there are things worse than death."

Someone81 November 9, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega Trinza (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I been taken this medicine and I am more active and more social with people."

Duck1975 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 20, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "This drug saved my son's life. He failed to respond to any other drug and lost two years of his life in mental facilities. He was put on Invega Sustenna and within 2 weeks was changed. Within 3 months he was almost asymtomatic.. Over the next 4 years he earned a degree in computer science with a 4.0 GPA and within 1 unit of a Masters with a very high GPA and accepted into a Phd Program. The insurance company forced us off the depot sustenna injections onto pills. Within 8 weeks he was fully psychotic and in a lock down facility. The injectable form is a miracle drug! It should be a crime to allow an insurance company trying to save a few dollars more to destroy someone's life as they have. Write to Jannsen, Write to your congressman!"

JoDanDan October 15, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Been on invega for two weeks 9mg weigh 130 and 5' 8''. Just started my loading dose of injection 234 mg. Does not help me sleep am on rendering 15 mg for sleep. Had heart palpitations only once and hope not to have it again since starting shot I've been OK. Paranoia is at a minimal and mood is stable. Seems to be going good."

Mgnm84 October 13, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "this medication is the best anti psychotic i ever took, i'm getting the shot 244 mg, and the delusions and hallucinations are under control, this medicine is a life saver. the side effects i experience is anxiety and weight but overall it's a great medicine."

jodubz (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder: "While, in the beginning, there were some intense side effects, within two months all side effects faded and now I only benefit from taking Invega. In the beginning, I experienced extreme lethargy, bloody nose, and a constant stuffy nose, I almost quit the pill, until, I found some reviews telling me to wait it out- and I'm glad I did. So, if you're experiencing some bad side effects you just need to tough it up and wait it out until the symptoms begin to fade- you will be glad that you did, I know that I am."

BiPolar in Seattle (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "This medication is weird , it basically shuts down your brain, you will become a zombie after this medication, gained 100 lbs , stabilizes mood and so expensive."

Ross5554444 September 7, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "this medication is weird. you can be doing really well and be normal and then all of a sudden you get a manic episode or psychotic episode out of nowhere when you were normal like 2 days ago. It doesn't help you sleep although it's good because it didn't stop me from waking up in the morning. I was able to go to for my morning class as I was waking up at 5:30am. Although couldn't concentrate in class and I never cooked. from what I remember I was doing better on risperdal although I was more out of it and way more paranoid and it was really scary but I had good friends and never got manic and never had to go to the hospital for almost 10 years and also did well in school. I think invega is too inconsistent and can't take the mood stabilizer I want to"

alligator112 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 5, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "ive been on invega for four months and the delusions are gone and i dont think people are out to get me anymore all is good but i cant think straight when people try to have a conversation with me im really quite and cant think of what to say or what to talk about its so depressing im on 150mg of invega and 2mg of abilify will these side effects get better or will i be like this for a few years i dont know i just wish i was back to my old self"

Tjslim (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2016

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "This medication completely ruined my life. I gained 15kg over six months on this injection whereas before I was fit. I grew manboobs on this medication. I have no libido and complete sexual dysfunction. This medication gives you terrible anhedonia. I was forced to take Invega Sustenna after some stupid psychiatrist diagnosed me with "psychosis". I had no symptoms of psychosis."

invegascrewed August 7, 2016