User Reviews for Paliperidone

Schizoaffective Disorder
5.6

Summary of Paliperidone reviews 5.7 189 reviews

Reviews for Paliperidone

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "This medication gave me a stroke at the age of 25"

Jarod July 15, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for : "I was mistreated with invega when I got sent to a hospital for having a manic episode due to taking over the counter pills that had caused me not to sleep for 3 days . It has completely taken away my personality, who I am as a person , my social life , my sex drive , it feels like a huge piece of me is missing and I will never get it back . DON'T let anyone inject you with this "

Brando July 11, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Total failure. No sex drive and impotent, no emotions, no thoughts. complete zombie, don't let them inject you with this poison"

Joepert (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2018

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Horrible drug. Made me antsy and severely depressed. I enjoy being off my meds and I love the high I get when I'm unmedicated. Please don't take meds if you wanna feel good. I'm better off my meds and plus I enjoy the high"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "Never so depressed on only one day dose, thank God! They use statistics of clinical trials, not how it works in reality of the real world"

Don (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I was admitted to the hospital for depression. But they gave me the invega sustenna 234 injection. My mouth became totally numb for 2 months. I could not swallow any solid food. I could not properly talk for 2 full months. Only lived on liquids. Had no energy in my body at all. Only slept & lied down 24 hours. Had no energy even to open the medication bottle. Really felt horrible inside. Felt muscle locks. Literally lived like a zombie for 2 months. Had extreme anxiety & suicidal thoughts. My teeth have moved permanently. Can’t bite or chew the same way anymore. 4 months later I still don’t feel normal. I feel this injection has ruined my life permanently. I feel there is something wrong with my body organs. I can’t make anybody understand that I just don’t feel normal anymore. I feel chills in my body. Hard to get up in the morning for work. Feel extremely fatigue & depressed. I actually have more issues than what I just described."

Dip June 13, 2018

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I have been taking Invega prolonged release tablets for 8 years. I was diagnosed with schizophrenia and put on 3mg and it took a little while for the delusions to end. I then fell into deep depression. I couldn't stand my head the way it was. This drug blocked all my mind wandering that I loved so much. I was given a 6 week course of ECT and put on 75mg dothepin antidepressant and invega upped to 6mg. When the dose was increased to 6mg I had heart palpitations and couldn't sit still in a chair from stiff joints and was constantly falling asleep. My psych blamed invega lowered my dose to 3mg and increased my dothepin to 150mg. I was still robotic in thought and movement but I could lead a productive life. My head did feel very dry and I was in survival mode though. I started having 2000mg fish oil capsules a day and my thoughts became fluid and so did my joints and movement. It's not a cure but I would recommend fish oil capsules to people with psychotic illness taking these meds."

Leah (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 12, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I feel like this medication has ruined my life completely because I ended up gaining weight, having pre diabetes, and not having my period for 2 years. My biggest concern is am I gonna be able to have children when I get older. I decided that I rather stop taking this medication because it can ruin your future."

Anonymoys1234 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 7, 2018

For Schizophrenia: "On a high dose it was worse. But, even on a low dose, I experienced poverty of thought, slow movement and thinking, not being able to memorize anything, not being able to think creatively, a huge IQ drop, inability to learn new things, muscle cramps, a weight gain of over 30 kg, akathisia, loss of periods, breasts sagging and becoming heavy and lactating, muscle seemingly wasted away, swelling in my feet and legs (possibly edema), extremely high levels of prolactin in my blood (over 1, 700 MUI), lack of motivation, infection in the site of injection, high cholestrol, difficulty absorbing nutrients, suicidal ideation, stretch marks, flat affect in my face, emotions flat like a zombie with no happiness or pleasure and more. I have stopped taking the drug for about four months now, but I still experience side effects, including loss of period. I'm only 27 years old but I'm worried the drugs have made me permanently infertile."

Anonymous June 5, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I'm on the shot and didn't sleep first night. It works great do not twitch so much. Love the shot"

Matty (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "While using this drug (invega, injection) I gained 25 pounds and I think I am still gaining weight. I am 5'6" and 180 lbs. I feel a lack of motivation in the things that used to give me joy. I just no longer feel like doing them or even being social. I avoid social situations. I have a very irregular sleep pattern and cannot take caffeinated coffee in the morning anymore. My doctor told me she would not treat me unless I took this medication. That doesn't seem like this medication is working well for me. Before I took this I was taking resperidone and weighed 155 lbs and was highly motivated to work out and pursue my creative endeavors. I don't like psychiatrists as they do not really seem to listen to valid reasons for not wanting to take specific drugs and not switch to something else. My quality of life has really gone down, just because its easier for her to have someone give me a shot for one month. Now I feel at risk for diabetes."

HannahBanana100 May 30, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I find the drug makes me calm/relaxed.. but I have the most severe insomnia. I've gone 7 weeks without much sleep and have 0 energy or motivation. This drug has basically ruined my life and turned me into a stay at home vegetable with no future. Gonna switch to abilify and hopefully have a life back and good healthy sleep back"

Strippedofliberty (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2018

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Horrible side effects!!! Caused facial hair, missed periods, swollen tender breast, I would produce breast milk though I was not pregnant, severe uncontrolled muscle jerks/ spasms/ changed color of pubic hairs. After a year I still had involuntary movements and spasms. My neighbors assumed I had Parkinson disease."

Mimi (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 28, 2018

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "My son started Invega and the drug made his symptoms worse. He couldn't sleep he became very agitated. He had hospital admission after hospital admission. I am sorry to say he killed himself about three months after starting this drug. Please don't let anyone you love start this drug, it is a very bad drug."

Grant (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Well now I now know why they call psychiatrist "shrinks". I have been on this drug for years. I have tried taking vitamins and eating healthy to stay well and still gained 50 pounds. I have far too many headaches and sleep all day. I think they finally did it - they shrunk my brain!"

El (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 19, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Invega sustenna is gross. It blocks dopamine in the brain. So causes a long list of side effects. This drug is a gimmick it has no therapeutic value whatsoever. I think I threw up over a dozen times!"

Kiwi (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 18, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for : "Invega tortured me. My life was ruined. The drs (lowercase on purpose) will never admit the side effects greatly outweigh the benefits (there are none). It is a chemical lobotomy. It helps the same way getting part of your brain taken our helps with the symptoms. Severe akathisia, low testosterone for four months, feeling like muscles are dying (they shrunk a ton), fat gain, high prolactin, destroyed my metabolism, impulsive outbursts. My dr didn't even know the half life was as long as it was. It stays in your system for ages. There are so many tales of misdiagnosis. If you life in a state where they can force you to continue the torture at home then I recommend you submit a daily vlog"

Theo May 11, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I hated this injection."

Realgenius (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 3, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "Invega 78mg is good. I had no cognitive problems, good energy, minimal weight gain. However the prolactin is high 150ng/ml and worrying me. I wish to stay on this medication but don’t have low bone density from lack of periods and high prolactin seems like a trade off. Invega causes me to stay happy and without worrying. I am worried if I leave this high prolactin for 20 more years what will be the ramifications."

Hem (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 2, 2018

Invega Trinza (paliperidone) for : "I have bipolar schizoaffective disorder. Tried a lot of pill forms of various medications that had terrible side effects or made my delusions WORSE. I was on invega sustenna for about a year and a half and noticed the effects during the last week of the shot were kinda wearing off. Now that I’m on trinza, I’ve had a few sexual side effects, but made all my delusions and paranoia/anxiety disappear aside from the occasional Xanax requirement. I also take risperidone 2mg as needed for the occasional paranoia. It’s given me my life back though. Costs way too much unless you’re on a good insurance. Shot also kinda hurts but I am terrified of needles and I can handle it. It’s worth it for sure."

Brad (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 27, 2018

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "If you really have schizophrenia like I do this medicine really helps. Yes it can have side effects that really are as bad as the schizophrenia itself. The thing is skizophrenia is a illness that is up there with cancer its nice to have been offered medical care for it for once."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 25, 2018

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "This drug works for me. I have an injection once a month. First, I was on Abilify, but this drug was not working the way it should. For "hardcore" schizophrenia Invega is a very good choice. My libido has plummeted and I gained some weight. My psychosis are gone. Of course there's downsides to this drug, but it does what it promises."

Raymond April 12, 2018

Invega Trinza (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I'm on Invega Trinza for Schizophrenia and It's not bad. I can function somewhat well, but the problem are the side effects such as no sex drive, anhedonia, and no emotions. This is really hard to deal with, but I can't go off it anymore because I already tried and got another psychotic episode."

dunno (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 12, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Gained 65lbs in about two years but it stops the poltergeist."

Golog (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 5, 2018

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "My son (23 year old) got the Invega shot. It's the worst thing ever. It's making him cripple, still hearing voices, shuffling when he walks, insomnia. This drug needs to be taken off the market I am going to write to the FDA it's very expensive and does nothing to help. Where are our tax money going? Why isn't there a cure? The insurance companies are blood suckers. The poor mental health patients cannot get any help. I am so sick and tired of this disease right now I just want my child back."

Momofschizophreniachild (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2018