User Reviews for Paliperidone

Borderline Personality Disorder 1.0
Summary of Paliperidone reviews 4.9 338 reviews

Reviews for Paliperidone

Kryptonian500 July 18, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “I was on risperidone and went from 157lb to 210lb in a year and a half,I started taking paliperidone and eventually went down to 190lbs within 6 months, but for the most part I still have to watch what I eat, I only eat two meals because I know eating three would result in going back to the 200s. I am slightly depressed, my anxiety has skyrocketed and I feel paranoid as if I'm not on meds, people around me have to bring me back to reality when I get suspicious. I feel I need a stronger dosage I'm only on 3mg and my mental illness runs in the family and is severe to say the least. My urination patterns have gone back to near normal since departing from risperidone. However, I hear no voices but I have sleep paralysis and OCD like symptoms still for a medication that's supposed to also act as an antidepressant,(antidepressants block OCD like symptoms),I have trouble remembering things and intrusive thoughts,I just want a cure.”

Mike Smith · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 2, 2020

Invega Trinza (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: “Highly recommend this medication. Absolutely works with very little side effects. Been on it for less than a year. Lost 30 lb in the first 6 months of taking it. My appetite has also been down. Sometimes I forget I'm even hungry and a salad fills me up which is GREAT! Also my sex drive is fine, great libido despite my age (I'm about 40). The best is not having to mess with pills every day, wondering if you forgot to take your meds and what will happen - with this you get an injection every three months and you're good to go! I now only see my doctor 4 times a year and am doing very well. Like I said LOST WEIGHT on this medication and LIBIDO/SEX is great with absolutely no side effects yet! Hope to be on this for a very long time!”

one year later · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 17, 2020

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: “I dunno... I was on this drug three times for mental health reasons and I didn't know that these drugs keep you from enjoying the best thing in life and that's stuffing your face!Iit takes a lot of experimentation to find the right foods that you can use as comfort foods. Watch out for secrets because if you have an eating disorder they tweak the meds and try to keep you from committing suicide. The drug just brings on these eating desires. I'm not blaming the medical profession, it pays to have this information BEFORE you start taking this drug. Its more cost effective to ...oh who am i kidding? im an overweight diabetic who can't stand the heat outside or the heat from exercising... be sure the only thing you have is plain water handy because the heat will do that to you... Severe thirst alert!”

eckies · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 16, 2020

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: “I take the 150/234 needle of Invega. I also take 30mg olanzapine. 45mg mirtazapine and a couple .5mg ativans a day. and sometimes take cogentin. I need coffee to function on this med. I drink like 5 coffees a day. The coffee stops the anxiety I get from this med. I also get a lot of body pain. I take acetaminophen. I feel better on this med if I don't smoke cigarettes. I tried smoking weed but it wasn't good. I'm trying to quit smoking by using nicotine gum. I have to chew 2 4mg pieces at once to get over my cravings. Its a good med. I has changed a lot while I have been taking it. I think I have got adapted to it now. It has been over a year. Sometimes I think I need a lower dose so I could feel more of my good emotions. It didn't stop my psychosis though. I still need olanzapine. my psychosis consists of very rapid thoughts and I always feel terrified. things look different and I feel different. Its a good med give it time and drink lots of coffee.”

Black luke · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 13, 2020

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: “I have had hallucinations both auditory and visual. The auditory have been helped since I got the Invega Shot, but visual hallucinations are still constant, also have had black out, fainting”

Turtle June 6, 2020

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: “I’ve been on the Invega Sustena for going on 7 years now and I have to say that a lot of what I’m seeing in the feedback is all similar to different experiences I’ve had with schizophrenia and while on the medication. Yes the side effects are terrible, you cycle from being overly manic to super lethargic (I held down a job for 3 years as a line cook on 256 mg dose) your appetite is uncontrollable at times and exercise is overly strenuous and difficult (I tried a regiment of weight lifting and killer ten mile runs daily to keep the weight off, your body can’t shed breast tissue when your a male) Since the circumstance of me taking this medication is mandatory in all aspects of my life for somebody in a similar situation to me 8 years ago (I’ll spare the details) I would recommend this medication for bi-polar Or schizophrenia.”

123 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 4, 2020

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: “NIGHTMARE! I do not recommend this drug. I was taking it for 6 weeks (3 weeks to get me on 900 mg and 3 weeks to get me off). Terrible vivid nightmares that seemed more real than reality. I was wondering if I am dreaming or is it real all the time. My mind was empty. My muscles were in pain, I couldn't properly move my body because of "hard" muscles. I had a feeling of being pregnant - smell and taste changed, I had contractions and I produced milk. Only when this happened doctors decided to put me off that drug. Thank God for body side effects, because doctors don't take serious when you tell them that a drug is bad for mind, emotions etc.”

Le · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 20, 2020

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: “I’m on Invega approximately 6 weeks I am diagnosed about 5 years never settling on any drug as they have me reactions. I am extremely sensitive to medication and always suffer high prolactin levels. On one of my previous medications after 6 weeks milk started coming out of my breasts. I was switched to invega and so far so good, it has brought out my creative side and I am much more alert, although it’s hard to get up in the morning as I keep falling back to sleep. I am demanding another blood test for tomorrow as I want to know if my prolactin levels have gone down at all. If not I’m getting off this drug as that’s not good for your body and it’s terrifying having milk coming out when it’s not supposed to. I’ve heard of caplyta the new drug and that has less side effects but the reviews online aren’t great”

Marty · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 18, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “paliperidone will make you dumb and depressed if taken alone. Use with a low does anti depressant to get you completely numbed up and feeling good.”

Whocares · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 11, 2020

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: “I'd been smoking very small amount of cannabis for few months and isolated my self with video games, one evening I was playing music very loud and the police were called I thought it would be clever to resist arrest, so I stood behind door and shouted threaten to burn house down. They soon broke in and carted me to the mental hospital. After giving my story to the dr I was put on Invega shots and told I was skitz, I'd never felt it, after 3 months started having tremors, constant anxiety, panic feeling of heart attack, couldn't move walk and 6 months on still on edge 24 hours a day.”

Hira · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 9, 2020

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: “Invega 156mg every three weeks have been good to me. I no longer have voices and I am able to maintain my weight .....I don’t menstruate that’s a negative. I can’t drive or work get out of the house by myself because of agraphobia caused by invega as I suspect. I don’t have anxiety that’s a plus no panic attacks that a plus .....”

Pooh · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2020

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: “I was taking clozaril for about 24 years. My doctor stopped my medicine and didn’t taper down. Instant stop. He then overdosed me on 256 mg of the shot. I had young emotions. No thought left. Couldn’t remember how to turn the key in my car. My legs started going up and down, face twitches. Forgot how to cook. Just could sit there and not move. My head started shaking. I stopped this drug but my mind never came back. I’m slowly losing love and emotion for life. If you love somebody don’t ever let them take invega. It is the worst drug on the market”

Rose · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 29, 2020

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: “Taking this drug invega sustenna helped a bit with my schizophrenia symptoms. The side effects on the other hand were something else. I was significantly slowed down both mentally and physically. I did lose about 5 pounds and lost interest in food most probably due to feeling really depressed about my condition. I also couldn’t stop walking about, I couldn’t sit still anywhere for up to 2 mins. I also had abnormal muscle movements, my vision became really bad and blurry and I was drowsy all the time especially after taking a dose.”

Milly · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 29, 2020

For Schizoaffective Disorder: “I have been on this drug paliperidone for around two years now And the main problem it gave me was severe intrusive thoughts(ocd) and no interest in anything. My last injection my doctor gave me 100mg instead of 150mg and I definitely feel better. Another thing I also take 200mg of Zoloft which helps with the depression side of things.”

Ted April 27, 2020

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: “Taken alone Invega with make you depressed and stupid, but taken with a low dose antidepressant it will make you feel good.”

Anon · Taken for 10 years or more April 23, 2020

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: “Have taken Invega for about 15 years for schizophrenia, then for depression, have tried others, but always quickly come back to this. Has calming effect, but I still sometime feel angry which I have to use a thought-challenging app for. Unlike with the other antipsychotics I tried, I'm able to watch movies and read with this one. I feel very unmotivated often though, and I've got some bipolar hypomania, maybe I should try Vraylar, but trying to switch has been a terrible experience for me.”

Onimoru · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 20, 2020

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: “I have been trying for 7 years to get off the monthly Invega shot because the side effects make me feel like I’m in a nightmare. I’ve gained 80 pounds, trouble getting to sleep and staying asleep, no sex drive so no point to having a girlfriend, I feel down all the time, have wet stools, heartburn constantly, frequent headaches and I could go on. If you have a loved one on this drug ask them to be honest about the constant suicidal thoughts.”

ceamonn95 April 17, 2020

For Schizoaffective Disorder: “In early June of 2018, I finally received helped after suffering from a psychotic episode for the entirety of the spring. However, I was fully hospitalized for 9 days and on the 4th day, I was prescribed Paliperidone. It took me a while to realize that I also still had residual depression from my original episode that occurred a year prior. On March 14th, 2019, I was diagnosed by my psychiatrist as having schizoaffective disorder with a depressive subtype. The medication has been helping me significantly. I think after my next psychiatrist appointment, he will lower my dosage from 6mg to 3mg, then I'll eventually wean off of it. (I was originally on 12mg in 2018.) In addition to Paliperidone, I'm on Fluoxetine (Prozac) and Buproprion (Wellbutrin) for my depression. Things are going fairly well and I think by the end of 2020, I won't have to take any more medications. That will be the day!”

Tom April 4, 2020

For Bipolar Disorder: “paliperidone is the only medication I take for bipolar. A monthly injection of 100mg. It has single handily stopped me from going back to hospitals, there’s no psychosis. I’m often on the side of depression though, feeling empty of emotions. This is where I try to think that this is how normal people feel without a condition of bipolar or schizophrenia. I’ve become more reliable. I don’t get suicidal thoughts, I’m no longer a danger to myself or others which I could be in psychosis. Relationships I have now are more secure. To summarise, it’s changed my life’ I no longer worry about hospitals and losing everything. Do I miss the highs? Yes. Do I miss the damage I inflicted on relationships and myself. No. Also there are benefits to an injection and a cto order. I know I would never agree to taking medication in the long run. I’d stop talking it to feel the highs - good luck”

Lazerbunnyfuntime · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 2, 2020

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: “Makes me feel super happy almost like high and tired, but out of the 5 antipsychotics I've tried it gave me the least amount of side effects.”

Live life to the fullest · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 31, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “I started on the 360mg dose of trinza invega. I became severely depressed. I lacked ambition and motivation. I used to be very witty and could make people laugh and could talk up a storm. Ever since I started taking paliperidone I feel a lot more dull and less eccentric and interesting. With all of that aside though it does take away the voices and paranoia. I got my medication reduced from 360mg to 260mg and it's made a difference in my personality and mood. I have an easier time holding a conversation now and I have a little bit of motivation and ambition. I still wish I never had mental Illness so I could be my normal self without the medication. Overall I'm happy I'm not psychotic anymore.”

Anonymous March 30, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “This drug makes me severely depressed and unhappy. I have lost interest in everything and everyone. I don’t feel any good and each day is a struggle I now have broken relationships.Please avoid this drug and take another ant-psychotic.”

Daisy rose March 29, 2020

Gsuite March 27, 2020

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: “I've been on haldol, aristada, zyprexa, and invega and so far these medications just give your brain time to heal not actually heal your your disorder. They help manage your symptoms. So far I've had delusions, hallucinations, and voices. Invega may be harmful but when you have schizophrenia like me you have to be on something so far invega helps the most but has the worst side effects works kinda like that. I advise taking it over the ones I mentioned for me personally.”

Toomey March 27, 2020

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: “I have schizo affective disorder and I have been on the Invega Sustenna drug for a year now and I love it. It is the only drug that has ever worked for me . It took my symptoms alway totally. It has changed my life. The only side effects I have had is it makes my mouth dry. I can definitely live with that. All the other drugs have had horrible side effects. My future is looking great because of this drug. I feel it is the that this is the best drug on the market.”