User Reviews for Paliperidone

Also known as: Invega, Invega Sustenna, Invega Trinza

Paliperidone has an average rating of 4.6 out of 10 from a total of 404 ratings on Drugs.com. 32% of those users who reviewed Paliperidone reported a positive effect, while 51% reported a negative effect.

Schizophrenia
Borderline Personality Disorder  Off-label
Summary of Paliperidone reviews 4.6 404 reviews

Reviews for Paliperidone

Damage May 10, 2021

For Bipolar Disorder: “Do not take this drug. It has caused permanent damage to my breast tissue from the lactation and impacting the lymph glands under my arms. Please consider learning meditation and addressing childhood traumas along with making lifestyle choices and changing your diet to plant-based, low sugar, no caffeine and live in a low stress environment. You can spend your whole life making the wrong choices for your self and then trying to take every medication to solve it which just causes more problems and puts you on a roller coaster of chemicals and medical appointments. Some aspects of mania are also the bodies response to get you out of a dangerous situation or subconsciously defend you from facing shame which is a very painful emotion. It is BETTER to face your self and your historical rubbish than get stuck with permanent disfigurement due to the weight gain of these drugs and the kind of breast issues I am experiencing after the lactation side effect”

AFRO May 4, 2021

For Schizophrenia: “Apparently according to the experts I had a second psychotic episode which I don’t agree with, and the doctor diagnosed me with schizophrenia which I don’t agree with, in which I was hospitalised on a section 3, I was jumped on and forced on it by the hospital staff injected into my buttocks. I was in hospital for 6 months on paliperidone injection 100ml and then was put on a CTO in which I had to take it in the community. Side effects 4 stone weight gain, stretch marks, high prolactin levels, postural hypertension dizzy spells and feeling in pain all over. All I could do is lay in my bed depressed. DO NOT take this drug.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 29, 2021

For Schizophrenia: “This drug has made me incapable of feeling human emotions, even as I write this you will notice a disconnect. I was completely normal before I tried this. It was forced in to me. I spend every day looking for someone who has experienced something similar to mine, I'm not quite sure if I've found it and I can't even say that accurately. You will feel bad after reading this post cause that's all I do. Don't do this drug. Try something else with a smaller half life. I have been off the medication for 9 months.”

Phyc patient · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 21, 2020

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: “If you are looking for the worst time of your life this is the medication for you! Do you want to gain 100lbs? Lose all your friends and be made into a vegetable? If so Invega will do the job. Don’t take this, its terrible you will gain weight, everything nice will gone from your life, you will feel sick and foggy all the time and your life will basically be over. It reduces you to like a fraction of the person you should be and its messy and unpleasant. No one should take this.”

DollarMan · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 5, 2020

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: “I got this shot by doctors that had no clue and I had no idea what I got. This shot gave me lower IQ, worse memory, slower thinking, loss of emotions, depression so to say, high level of prolactin, erectile dysfunction, no sperm at all and also anxiety. My memory used to be extremely good and also I had high IQ, but now I have a hard time to remember things and my IQ dropped significantly on IQ tests. Im going to report them to the police and throw a law suit. All of this by a shot I shouldn't have got at all. Ban it please and don't let others go through the same hell as I did.”

Ira · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 7, 2020

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: “Put on thos medication for two years. I don't hear voices or anything, but yet I was diagnosed schizophrenic. Made me forget words, feel stupid, impotence, erectile dysfunction, sexual problems overall decreased ambitions, decreased confidence, felt swollen, my life turned upside down. Got off the medication two months ago and increasingly feel better. I hope all the side effects wear off and I go back to normal. I hope.”

Solar April 14, 2021

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: “This is the worse medication ever. I was 120lb when I started on this and I gained 80 lbs. My boobs went up from A cup size to D. It has been so hard to lose the the the weight. I don't take the meds anymore and I'm still trying to lose the weight and it cost me other health problems on top of this. I would not wish this this medication for anyone. I did not feel better on it at all. In fact I felt dizzy and was sleepy and all I wanted to to do was eat. I repeated myself constantly while on this med. I blame the manufacturer s for all the damages.”

Sk · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 20, 2021

Invega (paliperidone): “I had pychosis for a week and was put in ward and the idiots diagnosed me with schizophrenia . Made me have invega injections for 2 years . Off it now I told them no way no more . Invega ruined my life and has given me permanent brain damage .”

TheNugget December 31, 2020

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: “This drug rendered me bed ridden with no interest in life. I went from being an opinionated funny guy that could read your emotions and make just about anyone laugh, or at least smirk. I've always been very emotional and this drug sucked my soul, will to live and emotions right out of me. I'm left an empty shell of who I was. This drug is referred to as a chemical lobotomy for good reason. It shuts down all free thoughts, the voice in your head, your conscience disappears. With nothing to say, no interest in anything, no thoughts, no emotions, you as a person just about stops existing. No feeling of gratitude, accomplishment, satisfaction. Your thought process and basic decision making skills are destroyed. I've been off this drug for about 5 months now and I'm not seeing too much relief. The fear of "being like this forever" is a constant fear that never lets up, since this isn't a life this is merely existing. My plea and advice to you? Stay away from this medicine.”

Grant · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 23, 2018

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: “My son started Invega and the drug made his symptoms worse. He couldn't sleep he became very agitated. He had hospital admission after hospital admission. I am sorry to say he killed himself about three months after starting this drug. Please don't let anyone you love start this drug, it is a very bad drug.”

bobby_doesnotexist · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 25, 2021

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: “Was sent to the hospital this January, with a plan of suicide after a big meth bender where they basically said fuck off and stop using drugs and stop bothering us....... (been admitted to psychiatric care multiple times) My GP became infuriated how they just simply dismissed me and put me back on Invega, Within a week my mood improved majorly, my tendencies left, I haven't been using illegal drugs, my life has completely turned around. I have zero sex drive but I'm back at Uni studying my bachelor of science, my parents are super proud of me, my attitude has changed, I'm happier, I have accepted my shortcomings and finally have a goal in life. I think zero sex drive is better than cutting stuff into my face”

Baelish · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 3, 2020

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: “Where do I start with the side effects of Invega Sustenna, sexual dysfunction, yes, my penis, is useless I feel like a 2 year old. I have severe anhedonia (loss of pleasure), I have put on 20 kg, I sleep for 11-12 hours a day and just overall feel terrible my memory’s horrible, I’m depressed and just feel like I am not living some days. What ever you do do not take this drug other anti psychotics drugs are better they don’t all have the same effects so just try aiming else”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 28, 2020

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: “I've taken this for 3 and a half years and I noticed I have a ridiculously bad memory,I will start a sentence "I remember this one time " then I won't know what I was talking about in mid sentence - I forget what I'm talking about. I don't know if I have a sex drive cause I have no partner, and I gained 40lbs. I don't have an appetite,I don't feel hungry yet still I'm overweight, probably because my body thinks it's starving and I gain weight when I do eat. I have to make myself eat what feels like gross food even though it's good food. I have no feelings, my emotions are numb. This medication did help my paranoia though.I've become fat and forgetful.”

123 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 4, 2020

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: “NIGHTMARE! I do not recommend this drug. I was taking it for 6 weeks (3 weeks to get me on 900 mg and 3 weeks to get me off). Terrible vivid nightmares that seemed more real than reality. I was wondering if I am dreaming or is it real all the time. My mind was empty. My muscles were in pain, I couldn't properly move my body because of "hard" muscles. I had a feeling of being pregnant - smell and taste changed, I had contractions and I produced milk. Only when this happened doctors decided to put me off that drug. Thank God for body side effects, because doctors don't take serious when you tell them that a drug is bad for mind, emotions etc.”

Unicorn36 April 13, 2021

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: “I've been on invega for 3 years. The beginning was bad. I had so much energy I couldn't sit still or get comfortable. I gained weight but it got better. I started to see the benefits for example less tension and edginess, better decision making, sleep improvements, and feeling less scared and paranoid. Then I got diagnosed with high levels of prolactin. It has been over a year and they still can't get it in control which means I'm always itchy and fat. Now I was diagnosed with pre-diabetes because of meds. I was told to eat right and exercise everyday for the rest of my life. And then he laughed!! It has been about a month since pre-diabetes diagnosis and I have only lost 1kg. That's with healthy eating and exercise. My dr thinks the benefits still outweigh the risk so there constantly pushing the drug on me but I'm itchy, pre-diabetic, and fat.”

Brandy · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 3, 2021

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: “I was prescribed Invega because my mother takes the injection, and it has helped her. I take the tablets. I'm so incredibly boring now. I don't find joy in anything really. I don't have motivation to shower. I'm emotionless. I've gained a lot of weight. This medication should definitely be a last resort.”

Dade · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 30, 2019

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: “I started taking this medication for 3 months after I was diagnosed with schizophrenia and it has ruined my life. I now have trouble speaking, I'm always anxious, I can barely concentrate on anything, I'm depressed and sleeping a lot, and I no longer get erections and have trouble producing semen. I have been off of it for 2 months and I'm still dealing with the side effects. This is the worst thing I have ever been on and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.”

SadCanadian999 · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 17, 2021

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: “I was prescribed Invega Sustenna on my 5th hospital stay for bipolar and schizoaffective episodes. I wasn’t responding to the oral medications and I have compliance issues with taking oral meds anyway. Like most people who have already commented, my experience with this drug have been horrible. Yes, it stopped the hallucinations but it has robbed me of my emotions, I feel flat all the time, I gained weight, my hair fell out, I lost my sex drive and my ability to orgasm, I have anhedonia and avolition, I cannot socialize anymore, I can barely contribute to a conversation, I’m barely caring for myself (not cooking, not cleaning)....I am like a child. This medication is terrible in my opinion, I would not recommend it. I’d rather live with the occasional hallucination, then all of the side effects Invega has caused.”

Anonymous September 7, 2019

Invega (paliperidone): “Worst experience of my life. I have absolutely no thoughts and no emotions. The doctor that gave this to me said it’d only last a month. Well he lied. It lasts 300 days. I’m hoping with all my heart I will get better..”

De · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 5, 2019

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: “I got diagnose with schizophrenia and bipolar in the hospital. I was taking respidone which was helping me a lot but then I start taking invega. This medicine has ruined me. All of the things that I've loved doing now sucks. I was on it for 4 months but I've been off of it for 3 months now but I'm still dealings with side effects. I can't sit still or lay still. I'm always tired my tongue is always numb my speech is off. I can't have a simple conversation I can't sleep at night. I hate waking up in the morning, my thoughts are all confusing and I feel weak. My body is really sensitive......I just miss the old me.”

Ethan · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 31, 2020

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: “So, I was high energy and a lovely person before taking this drug. After my second shot of 234mg, I became so tired and depressed like all the life had been sucked out of me. No longer bubbly and energetic I would just lie down all day with no energy to move. Very sad. Very very sad.”

Anya February 1, 2020

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: “I’m currently writing with trembles in my hands and muscle stiffness. I had a nervous breakdown and classified bi-polar NIGHTMARE BEGAN. I have extreme paranoia , lost my job because Invega destroyed my hand coordination, TD, (I believe I have permanent brain damage), sexual dysfunction, muscle stiffness, tremors in my whole body, hands shaking, face twitching, curling fingers, I can’t hold down food, severe anxiety, depression, suicidal, anti-social, no emotions, removed from relationships, no periods infertile at this point, no sleep in 3-months, pacing, blurry vision, absolute chemical lobotomy - fear of body deteriorating. 39 years old hard to find the energy just to stay alive. Everything in my body is dry. I’m a nervous wreck. Detoxing: I was trying to restart body- No change in 2-months. Instead have early signs of Parkinson’s. ”

Remi October 14, 2019

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: “I took 6 injections over a 6 month period. I didn't notice much in the first couple of months. It helped with the paranoia, I still heard voices to a lesser extent. Around the 5th month, I had noticed I gained 50 lbs (115 to 165) It happened so rapidly. I also began to lactate. That was all horrible but the worst of it was the severe anhedonia. They wanted to slowly taper me off the injection but I refused to take any more after the 6 month period. I felt mentally slower. I got no pleasure from listening to music, or watching TV. I stopped laughing. This is just my personal experience, but if you look up this medicine you will find there are many people that have gone through a similar experience. It's been 14 months since my last injection and I think I have mentally fully recovered. I think this drug is too potent. I am almost certain it gave me some sort of brain damage. One of the biggest regrets of my life is taking this drug, I was better off before.”

Jesus · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 15, 2019

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: “I'm so depressed on invega that I cry multiple times a day, can't maintain any friendships, too tired and demotivated to work out or play my guitar like I used to. I lay in my bed every day no motivation for anything”

Unicorn36 March 9, 2021

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: “It started off OK I had feeling the urge to talk all the time but then I started to feel confined and restless that went on for months but went away. It was going well until it raised my prolactin I went on meds for that and after a year I'm back to normal. I have to get off because my glucose test is borderline but I'm having diabetic symptoms. The pros were I get the tense edgyness feeling in my body went away. I slept better. I didn't think everyone was out to get me. Social anxiety went down.”

E May 17, 2019

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: “Worst experience of my life. I can't describe all of the side effects I had on invega Sustenna in 1000 characters, but my mind was disturbingly blank on this medication. It was as if all of my conscious thoughts were gone. I gained 25 pounds even though I just got the initial dose & lost muscle. My delusions did go away so it worked for that, but it felt like it was because my thoughts stopped. I've gotten 4 sprains and one pulled muscle since I got injected with this poison at the end of August last year. My skin started flaking off and and my hair was falling out. I couldn't feel any emotions. I was unable to orgasm for the first month. There were more side effects, & I don't think I fully conveyed the desperation I felt on this medication. I would like to let people who have gotten on it & hate it that there is hope & you will get better - once you are off it”

K May 14, 2019

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: “It's been 3 years since I took Invega but I still think about it often because I have never been as depressed as I was on Invega. I would literally cry upon waking because I couldn't bear being conscious. I was sleeping ~13 hours a day for a few months. It made me catatonic a few times as well. I was so depressed there were times I couldn't lift my head or stand up or even talk. It was an actual nightmare and my psych insisted it was just initial adjustment side effects, but I have never been on a medication that harmed me as much as Invega. I would have taken the psychosis over the Invega any day. I stopped taking it without permission and I kid you not--the next day, I felt normal. I physically couldn't get out of bed and my limbs felt like lead; it was ridiculous. I was in such a dark dark place and started giving away my belongings, but stopped almost immediately once I stopped the medication.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 13, 2020

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: “I feel that Invega is some sort of torture. I’m a man of God I never in my life felt sicker on 234mg of Invega. I felt like life doesn’t exist and insects are my friend not to mention the physical trauma my mind and body is going threw. I cannot get off Invega because I don’t have a place to live, plus this is the go to drug when they have power advocate their own sick minds into the world with the doctors.”