User Reviews for Paliperidone

Also known as: Invega, Invega Sustenna, Invega Trinza

Learn more about Paliperidone.

Autism 1 reviews 7 medications

Bipolar Disorder 16 reviews 28 medications

6.2
Summary of Paliperidone reviews 119 reviews 7.3

Reviews for Paliperidone

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Invega Sustenna is making me sicker and sicker. I can not keep food down any more, and the doctor will not change it. Find a doctor that knows the walsh protocol. Using the The Walsh protocol you can put an end to your illness. Dr William Walsh made the protocol, and it has become widespread in the UK, Ireland and Australia. There are a rare few doctors who do this over the internet, but you need a little bit of money for them. I am going to try and educate my doctor about walsh protocol and see what happens. "

dogglewifi (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizophrenia: "I have had a very good response with invega sustenna. On higher levels of the med I had greater side effects but now I am down to 39 mg with no psychosis and limited side effects. I feel like I have gotten my life back. This drug has been a life saver for me enabling me to be in recovery."

carrothoome June 22, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I've been taking invega (all forms) since 2011. I have to say it is a god send. Risperdal and abilify gave me sexual dysfunction. This at least allows me to get an erection. It's done a great job at controlling my positive symptoms of schizophrenia. The voices are dulled down to the point of single sentences and like only 1-4 times a day so it's a lot more managable in day to day life. Started on sustenna, went on the tablets and now on Trinza. All versions work very well for me. This medication is the metabolite form of risperdal and it's a god send. It's easier on the liver and I highly recommend sustenna and Trinza as the form to take for schizophrenia/schizoaffective!"

MillerMillion (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Before my psychotic break that turned into a delusional police chase I was manic, terribly delusional, thought the devil was everywhere I went, thought people were after me, thought devil controlled electronics and the internet. Just too many bad symptoms and after receiving invega injection I've been told that I was more outgoing, and had absolutely no symptoms. But the side effects sucks such as high prolactin levels which resulted in low testosterone, anhedonia, and lower emotions"

Tonyt3 June 3, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega Trinza (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Trinza and Invega Sustenna have been the only medication that has worked for me. I had almost no symptoms for a year which was great. I don't know if my schizophrenia is getting stronger or if the medication is losing its effectiveness. I had to add a second antipsychotic (Latuda 40 mg) to manage the emerging voices and delusions. I'm giving this a 9 because it gave me the year I needed to put myself back together to be ready. The side effects I've had were only pacing back and forth and shaking my leg."

Wolfleo (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "This medication is an absolute waste of time. I have been on Invega for a little less than 2 years now and I can with absolute confidence ascertain that it has done nothing for me. Aside from the decrease in sexual appetite and libido, difficulty having and maintaining erections, little to no ejaculatory fluid (which is really frustrating btw), the muscle tremors I am experiencing, and the 30 pounds I have gained since starting this medication , it is with no doubt an absolute and total waste of money. I definitely would not recommend this medication to anyone. Save yourselves the time and money and DO NOT take this medication."

Hanging On May 20, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Was doing well on 4 mg risperidone but wanted to try an injectable long acting med. Doctor suggested I start with Invega oral to be sure it would work. Tried 6 mg Invega for a month but never felt as good as with risperidone. Made me depressed, tired, insomnia and even had some breakthrough delusions. So glad I didn't go straight to injections. Restarted risperidone and feel good again. It must work for some people but not for me. No data anywhere comparing Invega to risperidone which is odd because the drugs are related. No evidence this is a better drug than risperidone."

Marika55 May 13, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I feel like this medication is making me feel extremely depressed in a way I haven't suffered before. Unfortunately, my doctor says this can't be the case and it must be my condition ( despite the fact I have never felt this way before)."

Inaworldofpain. May 12, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega Trinza (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I'm getting invega, serious side effects in libido (Im a male), sexual dysfunction, gained 30 kg plus, I can't do sports due to muscle stiffness, and killed all thoughts out of my head, barely can hold a job. No emotions also, I'm an hollow empty shell, a zombie. Can't get drunk. Took my life away. But to say something good, it helped with delusions. I think it is too much price for it."

askata (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 28, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Total scam. I've been on this drug for 3 years. Since being on it, It caused acute arm paralysis, dystonia, difficulty speaking, delirium which lasted for a month and it caused weight gain and man boobs. When I first received the shot, it felt like my brain was about to explode. I had extremely high blood pressure on this medicine- 178/105. After I stopped it, my blood pressure is 110/78. I experienced temporal lobe damage from this medicine and a CT scan showed atrophy of my brain after I stopped taking it. Be careful- many psychiatrists receive grants and stipends from big pharma and receive extra insurance money to peddle more drugs to as many patients as possible. This is because of our fee-for-service healthcare system."

Mr. XYZ April 26, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "After taking 6 mg Invega for 3 years, I asked my physician what was making me gain so much weight....He told me it was the Invega and suggested I stop taking it...So I stopped taking it the next day! That was horrible advise (to quit cold-turkey) but I lost 40 pounds in 2 months. I kept the weight off until I developed psychosis/delusional thinking...After about 6 months and a suicide attempt I am back on it but shots only. Within 2 months I gained the 40 pounds back and gained an additional 40 lbs, making it a total of 80 lbs gained. Time for something else! I am in pain from bad knees & can hardly walk, now....Great mood helper but terrible on the body!"

Michael T April 20, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Hi folks. Have been on Vega inj. For 2months. Most hallucinations, auditory, visual, and mental gone. Has been a game changer for me as my life was completely unmanageable before. Still not leaving home much and have gained a few pounds nothing to drastic but it beats having conversations with people only I can see and not having a choice about it. Also my insurance wouldn't cover it, it's about $2000usd for 1month inj. Thanks, hope this helps."

Healed (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizophrenia: "I was doing ok with Seroquel and my psychiatrist insisted in switching to Invega. I could only last a week on this medication because of the unbearable side effects such as: increased heart rate, extreme psychosis, confusion, suicidal thoughts, commanding voices, disorientation and insomnia at first and hypersomnia afterwards. This experience is one of the worst experiences I've had in 25 years of treatment. I asked my doctor to switch me back to Seroquel but he refuses to do so. I am forced to change of Psychiatrist and get back to a normal life again. Please, check for your own well being because P. docs sometimes lose perspective on this matter."

chefhemaro March 3, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Exceedingly dry mouth causing broken sleep and frequent drinks, blood sugar ebbs and reduced stamina, encourages me to eat up to five times a day. Osteoarthritis worsens with the dryness however mentally stable. Wary of this drug being only a stop gap and apprehensive what's next on the medication menu as all have unbearable side effects."

Whoh March 2, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder: "Been on this for 11 months for my bipolar 1. Side effects have been very minimal compared to other anti-psychotic's I've been on. I'm on the 156mg every 28 days. I also take topamax, cogentin & melatonin. I feel slowed down compared to when I was living in a manic state, but I'm trying to get used to it. It's not a sleepiness but a lack of mania I feel. But I do feel sleepy between 5:30 & 7pm I'm guessing that's when the sustained part of the medication kicks in. I have had some moderate weight gain. I have had severe problems with muscle rigidity with other anti-psychotics, so I am super happy to find I don't have to go through that with invega sustaina! It did give me a big knot in my arm, so I get it in my butt now & that's worked out better!"

Findaway2 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 2, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "This medicine wrecked me. I had a drug induced psychosis, they had no business putting me on this. The only positive is that it did snap me back into reality, but some clean time would have done that. I have gained weight all in my stomach, I developed akathisia that lasted 2 months after discontinuing. Also extreme anhedonia which can persist for up to a year. I hope I return to normal way before that. Please only attempt this med if you don't know which way is up."

copperdome February 20, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "The side effects are devastating for me."

jimjimjim (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 1, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I had been on Haldol before which I am allergic to and it caused wasting away disease. Invega was my last option and it helped fix what Haldol seemed to have ruined and took away a lot of the scary stuff I was dealing with like seeing people in my room. The only thing is I am still hearing voices but they are mostly nice. I am on 234mg a month."

Manda Panda (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 25, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on this drug a few years (3 mg). It seems like I have been on every drug out there. I'm the most stable I've ever been and don't have all the side effects-spasms and twitches- of abilify. To me this is a miracle drug.I have gained weight but attribute it to overeating and not to drug and it is nothing a good plus sized clothing store can't take care of."

Seattlenative (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 10, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Took just one 156mg a month ago (33 days). I was given this by force to control my irritability. I was misdiagnosed as my irritation is caused by a physical condition that I kept mentioning to the Drs who did not listen, and said I had mood swings. Unable to get sore from workouts. Have lost muscle tone. Loss of strength and stamina. Constant sore throat and thirst. 0 sexual interest and completely impotent. Heavy increase in urination. Have occasional feeling of tight band around head after slight arousal. Rarely some left ab pain. Blood ast & alt lvls increased by 30 points I have noticed my 15 inch arms shrink to 13 inches in just a month. I cannot exercise or pick up weights all. I am not getting even slightly sore from intense work."

Million dollar January 7, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I was put on this med while in the hospital. I started having breathing issues ( thought I had bronchitis) and rapid weight gain. I went to refill the med after the first month and the pharmacist noticed that the Invega had bad interactions with one of my other meds and refused to fill it. I'm stepping down and the breathing issues are lessening but i'm still having problems with the weight. The days I take it, I am insatisably hungry. It made me feel better mentally but the rest was rubbish."

overly exhausted (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I have been on this medication overy a year now and it has done wonderful things for me. Before I was on it I had my first episode and was in and out of the hospital 4 times in 5 months trying different medications and being unstable. Now I'm going back to school and I have no symptoms. Side effects are minimal, a little tired the day or two after the shot and I've gained 15 pounds or so not too bad. This medication gave me my life back. I just hope my new insurance will cover it."

Nickname27 December 17, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "My side effect was like no other side effect I have had. I was leaning to the left no matter what I was doing. Sitting, standing, walking, even driving a car, My 3 boys revoked my license. I really was okay and thankful to them. I am and have been going to a pain clinic for many years because of my back. It only made my back hurt more. Free of mental pain? Free of physical pain? Physical won!! My family doctor figured it out. So I guess just watch for anything different, Because if there was any good, the bad took it away. That is my opinions, It hurt me more than it helped me, I am very to see how many received help and relief from it."

cnoble (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 15, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been taking Invega for 3 yrs. I just increased from 6 to 9 mg. I take it in the morning as part of a bipolar drug medicine therapy. I still take Prozac and lithium as well. I didn't have any side effects starting Invega. My moods are 99% controlled. I'm still bipolar and have very infrequent mood swings but they are not as long or as severe. I did gain 20 lbs. My quality of life has greatly improved."

Day Dreamer November 23, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "About to depart invega so felt to document my experience. 5 years have been good on invega. the pamphlet said "as clean as we can make it" or some such and sure enough the mind felt cleaner. If I was in room all day I would feel like my brain was drenched in depression. invega made it fresh. Was able to take an interest in new things and grew over that time. Male Sexual function: 9 mg say good bye, 6mg hints of life, 3 mg omg I thought it left forever Thank U God Weight: kind of hard to manage diet and exercise. its like you need a scientist to work out satisfaction vs calorie control. beyond me, though weight training helped me feel good. Tiredness: very tired after work on all dosages. Hard to motivate to exercise but very rewarding,"

DevourerofNandos November 21, 2016