User Reviews for Paliperidone

Also known as: Invega, Invega Sustenna, Invega Trinza

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Paliperidone.

Autism

Schizophrenia
6.2

Summary of Paliperidone reviews 7.2 142 reviews

Reviews for Paliperidone

For Depression: "I was given this drug after suffering a stressful episode from PTSD trauma. I don't think it is for PTSD. As soon as I got injected with this drug I had a horrible feeling of extreme restlessness. I could not sit still and felt the need to be constantly moving. It was horrible and then my cholesterol and prolactin both became elevated. I talked to the doctor about this and she took me seriously. My hand has began contracting and relaxing against my will. It wants to make a fist constantly. My doctor will be switching me to abilify and off of this horrible drug. It has caused me a lot of suffering and problems. It was also making me lactate. I'm very upset to have been put on this drug. It hurt me a lot."

Unhappy1234 November 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "This medication sucks. I only experienced side effects and no benefit. I would rather spend my time looking for another way to treat my illness than to give any of these antipsychotics another chance. All of them cause weight gain sexual side effects, tardive dyskensia, tardive dystonia among other side effects that could mess you up for life. I admit it's very debilitating at times but I would rather have my orginal problems than to be given another set of problems to replace them. If your psychosis is really bad and you can't live a normal life at all and your homeless and you scare people or end up in jail because your illness than I say take it. But if you can wait till they figure out how to make better meds than wait."

Trysomethingelse (taken for 10 years or more) November 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "For my bipolar 1 I have been on Invega 156mg since July now it's November and I have minimal side effect including prolactin high and some tremor once a day... Zero symptoms of mania and psychosis ... No weight gain which is why a its a ten...overall a good med sleep good .... No anxiety"

Tyyt (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I am a victim of bad diagnosis my brain scan has revealed a normal brain I have suffered from concussion which has led to irritable behaviour nothing else. My medical practioner is not honest as I am 62 years old and this drug is not indicated for my age I have had differences with my family and disputes in property which has led to unethical relations to force this treatment on me. It's voluntary to go to psychiatric institutions but I have been forced into it. In the past I was treated with clozapine which led to tumors in my stomach and bone pain. I have also been treated with olanzapine which caused insulin resistant diabetes I have treated side effects with citrus peels and high doses of vitamins for diabetes and tibetan medicine for tumors"

Shunnu (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Well I have been on this medication for some time now. It has helped me with the voices but to be honest you do sleep a lot and that's the only constant this medication has. It makes you eat a lot and as far as sex drive goes lol I won't talk about it. I think that it depends on who you are around to make you feel depressed you have to keep in mind that it's a serious disease but with medication it can be manageable. And if you are getting too fat exercise. You will get the weight off. Keep positive people and remember the struggle is never done we may always have a stigma put on us or a label put on us but prove the enemy wrong. Be the best you can be and shine bright like a diamond. And remember god loves u"

PhlebAqs October 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "This medicine helps in curing the voices and delusional thoughts that sometimes come with schizoaffective disorders.But the worst side of this medication is complete weight gain. I went from size 2 to 14. It also makes your boobs grow bigger and stops the menstrual periods.The drug stays in the system for a long period of time. I stopped it in May and it’s been 5 months but I keep on gaining weight and boobs keep getting bigger and bigger. Worst medication ever! I have to deal with the weight gain and this causes a lot of insecurities especially for a lady! But the doctor told me that it gradually comes out of the system with time. So still hoping that my life will get back to normal with time."

Santinop (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I have had only my first 2 shots, my last shot being June 23rd 2017, which was the day I was released from the psych ward, I decided that I wanted to see how I was going to do without the drugs and see how I am, my first shot was the week before, I didn't even tell them I was hearing voices because I was at awe that I was and wanted to keep that to myself, I believe I was only hearing them for about 4 weeks but I can't really say, even though I was experiencing many new things mentally, physically and emotionally, even before the voices, I would have rather felt that and heard voices, which I don't hear anymore than to feel how I am now...literally zero emotions, don't get pleasure for anything, don't feel anything I mean anything"

Momogus October 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Worst medication ever. Ruined my health. It's chemical lobotomy."

Lithuanian (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have Bipolar 1 with Psychosis and began receiving the 170 mg monthly injection and have not had any psychosis or noticeable mood swings since. My head is no longer filled with racing thoughts or voices from God. I no longer connect everything together like a never-ending string theory. I'm no longer paranoid or fearful. I no longer have a sense of impending doom. And I can now sleep all through the night, although I now have the craziest dreams, including astral projection and lucid dreams which is kind of cool, but sometimes scary. The biggest problems from this medication are that I have gained 40 pounds in 2 years and it levels me out so much that I can't be super happy about great things that happen in my life and it's impossible to cry. I'm just mostly neutral."

Archangel Michael September 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Okay let me get started. Every social worker, psychologist, and mental health doctor shouldn't prescribe this drug to anyone. It is harmful in so many ways. I took it for 1-2 years because they said: I had said that I had bad schizophrenia. I did not have bad anything except a drug issue- which they already knew as they had tested my urine, but they didn't take that into consideration. If you take this drug you will sleep away your life. You will lose you train of thought every 5 sentences. You will probably 75% chance to lose your job in a fast pace environment. When you take this drug you will lose muscles, goals, and cause you too get depressed. "

Jacob Frances Carlyle (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "I started at 3 mg and had no relief. Up to 6 mg, no relief. My psychiatrist upped my dose to 9 mg and it seemed to be the magical number...for now. I've taken ALL of the antipsychotics out there, from the old generation and even Clozapine. I've had varying success. This one is working. I am actually not hungry at all and haven't gained any weight. In fact, my appetite has lessened. But I have a wonky physiology."

Amabael September 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Although it helped with my delusional thoughts, it completely destroyed my life. I have anhedonia, loss of sex drive, fatigue, can't play football or any sports, my mind is blank, 40 kg weight gain, always hungry, can't get drunk. Feeling down sometimes. Robbed every joy from me."

askata (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "This is the most effective medicine I've ever been on for not only the psychosis, but for the depressive symptoms too. The only slight problem I have is that it seems to wear off the week before I get my next shot, but that's and easy fix by getting the injections closer to around every three weeks instead of every four."

Cainin September 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "this medication simply does not work! I have been on it for 7+ years and I have only gotten worse. my symptoms have gone from mild to severe. All they do is increase the dosage and now I'm on the maximum dose. I relapsed last week and I found myself wandering around aimlessly in a parking lot. I have become more paranoid and delusional. Not to mention the side effects- uncontrollable bowel movements, extreme tiredness, low energy, low libido, muscle pain, chest pain, ect, ect... It is almost impossible to get off this medication once you are on it for a while. I've talked to my doctor- sent him letters and he will not change the medication. And I've called other p-docs and no one can see me or even answer the phone. Time for a switch."

anon33jay August 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia: "I'm a UK citizen born in England and I must say this is bad medication. I've been on it 2 years, yes the voices are gone, but I have gained about 50 pound because of it. At one stage I was dribbling from the mouth and it takes away your sex drive and I still get paranoia. Stay away from any anti phycotics especially paliperidome or risperidome. "

medications bad for you (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I gain 60 pounds in 45 days of this med. I had many side effects of which was listed on website. You name it, I basically had it. Made me crazy, majorly depressed etc. This is the worst medication I've ever received and it was given by a Dr whom never called my shrinks, my past Dr's of long term status nor even my personal family. This drug states blood work etc is required to be done before issued."

Don't ever allow chemical rape (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "My symptoms are so much better with Invega Sustenna."

Rexal August 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I knew within 48 hours that this drug was a game-changer. I had been in a 5-year-long depression, sleeping 18-20 hours a day, obese, no writing, no reading. Invega gave me a life. Granted, there is that yucky weight gain--but with Invega I actually have the energy to go to the gym 4.5 hours a week so it's (s-l-o-w-l-y) coming off. I can read and write, manage a routine, etc. Granted, there are some times when I get a little muddled, but it's now in the range of "take a deep breath and start again" as opposed to catastrophic. There might be another drug out there with less severe weight gain, but I wouldn't trade how I mentally feel now for anything. I'll always be fluffy, but I'm happy. That's a fair trade any day!"

PhysicsRocks (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "My son just got injected with invega. I pray this is going to work for him. I want him to have a normal life and desire life again. He is also taking lamictal this is also new for him. I hope this convo works for him. He is 26 years old and new with all this. Just got diagnosed with bipolar mania. :("

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Causes really dark thoughts."

Scoott (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "This med made him permanently impotent."

Scot C (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I was put on this medication. By doctors telling me that I heard voices. When I didn't. I was put in the hospital. By a police officer who thought I wasn't fit to drive. As I was having a diabetic hypo. He thought I was on drugs. And locked me in the hospital for 3 weeks. I was forced to have injections of invega. After this I had stabbing pains in my liver my blood sugar levels jumped I gained 15kgs. I haven't been able to orgasem. It has been 3 years since I was put on it. And 18 months since I last had it. I am still over weight. I'm now on diabetes medication. My liver is nearly 3 times the size it should be. And my sex life is over . All because of this evil medication. It should be banned."

Annmaree clemo July 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia: "Work very well. No talk in the head, no visible hallucinations only once a day something minor. More energy overall, took 6 months of xeplion to get there. Can laugh. No depression. Hard to meet friends and feel relaxed though."

Toadyi June 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Invega Sustenna is making me sicker and sicker. I can not keep food down any more, and the doctor will not change it. Find a doctor that knows the walsh protocol. Using the The Walsh protocol you can put an end to your illness. Dr William Walsh made the protocol, and it has become widespread in the UK, Ireland and Australia. There are a rare few doctors who do this over the internet, but you need a little bit of money for them. I am going to try and educate my doctor about walsh protocol and see what happens. "

dogglewifi (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia: "I have had a very good response with invega sustenna. On higher levels of the med I had greater side effects but now I am down to 39 mg with no psychosis and limited side effects. I feel like I have gotten my life back. This drug has been a life saver for me enabling me to be in recovery."

carrothoome June 22, 2017