User Reviews for Paliperidone

Schizoaffective Disorder
5.6

Summary of Paliperidone reviews 5.6 198 reviews

Reviews for Paliperidone

Invega (paliperidone) for : "My son has been on this medication for over two years it has been horrible ups and downs, ups and downs, he seems more depressed than when he was not on it. I'm trying to wean him off this medication now. Any helpful hints would help"

Zuz October 13, 2018

Invega Trinza (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I was on Invega sustena for over a year before being on Trinza. I was committed to the hospital about two years ago and was resistant to taking medication. I did allow them to give me a shot not knowing what it was at the time. Within a month my delusions cleared up and I stopped having auditory or visual hallucinations. At first I gained a little weight but after switching to a vegan diet I lost a total of 40lbs without any extra exercise. I've held down a steady job and have not had a manic episode since I've been taking the shot. Today my arm is a little sore as I got the shot yesterday but it's a small price to pay for keeping me sane. I would highly recommend this drug to anyone that has been diagnosed with schizophrenia."

Tim (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 12, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I've been taking invega sustenna for a little over a year now and for the majority of that year I had absolutely no positive or negative symptoms. Recently though, the paranoia a slight delusions have started to creep back into my mind. My psychiatrist upped my dose to 234 mg and now I can't stop eating and I'm hungry all the time. I already had a binge eating disorder but now it's infinitely worse. Also, the newer symptoms are still there. We're currently trying metformin to help with my appetite but so far it's doing absolutely nothing. I'm now thinking that I want to try switching to ziprasidone. It's supposed to be really good with weight management, but I'm worried it might not be as effective with my mental symptoms? I can't freak out because I'm working and going to school now. Back to invega though, I guess I can thank this medication for giving me my life back and making it so I can function in society. But I can't handle the weight gain..."

molatoLjones (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 10, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Gained over 30 lbs on this medication even though I'm eating less and I've cut out sugar from my diet. What's even more depressing is that even though I'm heavier I'm actually weaker than I've been when I was skinny and off meds. Also when I skip my injection for a week I'm hitting threes and long two's like it's nothing on the basketball court, while on the medication there's no point in going to the court. Also the results of treatment are suboptimal: I don't have friends, during 6 years of treatment I've never been on a date (which probably also has something to do with poor sexual functioning while on the medication), I stay at home all the time, am unemployed and gained the status of a disabled person. However when on the medication I don't have positive symptoms like thought broadcasting. I'm seriously considering switching the medication, I'm depressed, desperate, feel awful all the time and can't do it anymore."

kodein (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 30, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I had five shots of this, I have no more interest in anything, no emotions, no motivation, no sex drive, no more sperm, and now I have huge man boobs."

Ruined man (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "It works! but you have to want it too. Mental illness is an illness of the brain. The mind.. So you have to couple your taking of available meds and therapy. You have to change the way your mind works and thinks. Think on purpose for up to an hour a day by repeating a phrase or quote such as if you're a voice hearer repeat up to an hour a day (I cannot hear voices, they aren't real) x repeat. Fish oil, good sleep, eat healthy and exercise every other day. Look after yourself and work your thought life out. I have schizophrenia, Bi-Polar and depression and hold 2 small businesses that I run for most of my work-week (Music Studio owner operator and Stock Market Trader) I've had schizophrenia for 14 years and for 7 of those years ran a highly successful business where I used to live (talking 7 figures) EAT healthy! THINK right, Exercise AND Do what you know you should! positive positive positive. you CAN do this!"

Ferv September 9, 2018

Invega (paliperidone) for : "I had a horrible experience as well from invega. I never needed meds. I was offered either go to long term care while in a psyche ward or just take the shot and be released. I took the shot cause the thought of long term care scared me. Worse choice in my life. I have had a terrible experience after given this horrible medication, hooooooorrible... Horrible, horrible."

Gary day (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 5, 2018

Invega Trinza (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Taken for almost three years, this drug is awful if your wanting to work, the impaired thinking and the sleepiness make it absolutely hard to work in any workplace. Only try this as a last resort."

Lee (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 22, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I have been on Invega 234 injection for over 7 months. I do the injection every 3 weeks. It has helped with the auditory and visual hallucinations but unsure of the mood effects. Definitely more depressed and my anxiety has gotten much worse, but after I get the shot it seems to get better. I have been hospitalized every month with multiple, depressive problem after taking this medication and am now convinced that it is possible that this medication could be the cause. I am now going to try to figure out if this medication is worth being on or whether I should stay on it."

CrazyAuntie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 21, 2018

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "This drug ruined me. I was fine before after they forced me to take it. I've been unable to write music since which was what I had a passion for. This drug has made me depressed and given me anxiety which I was never experiencing before the drug. Beware of this drug it helps some and can ruin others"

Anonymous August 11, 2018

For Depression: "Don't let them inject you this POISON"

No0ne (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 10, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "This medication gave me a stroke at the age of 25"

Jarod July 15, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for : "I was mistreated with invega when I got sent to a hospital for having a manic episode due to taking over the counter pills that had caused me not to sleep for 3 days . It has completely taken away my personality, who I am as a person , my social life , my sex drive , it feels like a huge piece of me is missing and I will never get it back . DON'T let anyone inject you with this "

Brando July 11, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Total failure. No sex drive and impotent, no emotions, no thoughts. complete zombie, don't let them inject you with this poison"

Joepert (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2018

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Horrible drug. Made me antsy and severely depressed. I enjoy being off my meds and I love the high I get when I'm unmedicated. Please don't take meds if you wanna feel good. I'm better off my meds and plus I enjoy the high"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "Never so depressed on only one day dose, thank God! They use statistics of clinical trials, not how it works in reality of the real world"

Don (taken for less than 1 month) June 25, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I was admitted to the hospital for depression. But they gave me the invega sustenna 234 injection. My mouth became totally numb for 2 months. I could not swallow any solid food. I could not properly talk for 2 full months. Only lived on liquids. Had no energy in my body at all. Only slept & lied down 24 hours. Had no energy even to open the medication bottle. Really felt horrible inside. Felt muscle locks. Literally lived like a zombie for 2 months. Had extreme anxiety & suicidal thoughts. My teeth have moved permanently. Can’t bite or chew the same way anymore. 4 months later I still don’t feel normal. I feel this injection has ruined my life permanently. I feel there is something wrong with my body organs. I can’t make anybody understand that I just don’t feel normal anymore. I feel chills in my body. Hard to get up in the morning for work. Feel extremely fatigue & depressed. I actually have more issues than what I just described."

Dip June 13, 2018

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I have been taking Invega prolonged release tablets for 8 years. I was diagnosed with schizophrenia and put on 3mg and it took a little while for the delusions to end. I then fell into deep depression. I couldn't stand my head the way it was. This drug blocked all my mind wandering that I loved so much. I was given a 6 week course of ECT and put on 75mg dothepin antidepressant and invega upped to 6mg. When the dose was increased to 6mg I had heart palpitations and couldn't sit still in a chair from stiff joints and was constantly falling asleep. My psych blamed invega lowered my dose to 3mg and increased my dothepin to 150mg. I was still robotic in thought and movement but I could lead a productive life. My head did feel very dry and I was in survival mode though. I started having 2000mg fish oil capsules a day and my thoughts became fluid and so did my joints and movement. It's not a cure but I would recommend fish oil capsules to people with psychotic illness taking these meds."

Leah (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 12, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I feel like this medication has ruined my life completely because I ended up gaining weight, having pre diabetes, and not having my period for 2 years. My biggest concern is am I gonna be able to have children when I get older. I decided that I rather stop taking this medication because it can ruin your future."

Anonymoys1234 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 7, 2018

For Schizophrenia: "On a high dose it was worse. But, even on a low dose, I experienced poverty of thought, slow movement and thinking, not being able to memorize anything, not being able to think creatively, a huge IQ drop, inability to learn new things, muscle cramps, a weight gain of over 30 kg, akathisia, loss of periods, breasts sagging and becoming heavy and lactating, muscle seemingly wasted away, swelling in my feet and legs (possibly edema), extremely high levels of prolactin in my blood (over 1, 700 MUI), lack of motivation, infection in the site of injection, high cholestrol, difficulty absorbing nutrients, suicidal ideation, stretch marks, flat affect in my face, emotions flat like a zombie with no happiness or pleasure and more. I have stopped taking the drug for about four months now, but I still experience side effects, including loss of period. I'm only 27 years old but I'm worried the drugs have made me permanently infertile."

Anonymous June 5, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I'm on the shot and didn't sleep first night. It works great do not twitch so much. Love the shot"

Matty (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "While using this drug (invega, injection) I gained 25 pounds and I think I am still gaining weight. I am 5'6" and 180 lbs. I feel a lack of motivation in the things that used to give me joy. I just no longer feel like doing them or even being social. I avoid social situations. I have a very irregular sleep pattern and cannot take caffeinated coffee in the morning anymore. My doctor told me she would not treat me unless I took this medication. That doesn't seem like this medication is working well for me. Before I took this I was taking resperidone and weighed 155 lbs and was highly motivated to work out and pursue my creative endeavors. I don't like psychiatrists as they do not really seem to listen to valid reasons for not wanting to take specific drugs and not switch to something else. My quality of life has really gone down, just because its easier for her to have someone give me a shot for one month. Now I feel at risk for diabetes."

HannahBanana100 May 30, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I find the drug makes me calm/relaxed.. but I have the most severe insomnia. I've gone 7 weeks without much sleep and have 0 energy or motivation. This drug has basically ruined my life and turned me into a stay at home vegetable with no future. Gonna switch to abilify and hopefully have a life back and good healthy sleep back"

Strippedofliberty (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2018

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Horrible side effects!!! Caused facial hair, missed periods, swollen tender breast, I would produce breast milk though I was not pregnant, severe uncontrolled muscle jerks/ spasms/ changed color of pubic hairs. After a year I still had involuntary movements and spasms. My neighbors assumed I had Parkinson disease."

Mimi (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 28, 2018

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "My son started Invega and the drug made his symptoms worse. He couldn't sleep he became very agitated. He had hospital admission after hospital admission. I am sorry to say he killed himself about three months after starting this drug. Please don't let anyone you love start this drug, it is a very bad drug."

Grant (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 23, 2018