User Reviews for Paliperidone systemic

Schizoaffective Disorder
5.3

Summary of Paliperidone reviews 5.5 221 reviews

Reviews for Paliperidone

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I know I’ve posted here a few times but I wanted to add to my experience to maybe give some hope to those trying this medication. I’ll admit the first month was a bit trying. I was tired, restless, overeating etc. in fact I was going to switch to Abilify. But I decided to stick with Invega because I noticed the side effects were diminishing. It’s now been 2 months and I hardly have any side effects aside from a weird sleep schedule. This medication does work to reduce racing thoughts and delusions and I’m starting to finally see what it’s like to live a normal life. Besides the odd sleep patterns (like being tired but can’t sleep or vice versa where you sleep too much), this medication has really turned out to be very helpful, you just have to get through the first month of side effects. But everyone’s body reacts different so I’m just speaking for myself. Good luck"

Juno666 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2019

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I've been on this drug since December of 2017 and now it's January 2019 so more than a year. I think it has good and bad effects to it. It helps me control myself better. I don't blurt out random nonsense anymore like I used to. I don't like the fact it causes sexual dysfunction and weight gain. I've been taking topiramate for awhile now and I barely eat anything but my psychiatrist blames my weight gain all on me even though weight gain clearly is one of the side effects of invega as well as other antipsychotics. I noticed I haven't ejaculated as much semen the last few times I came and I think the invega is to blame. If it wasn't for the sexual dysfunction and weight problems and also the decreased testosterone due to increased prolactin I'd say this medicine is not that bad but because I'm forced to take it I might as well just suck it up and live with it and accept what I have to live with."

Anonymous January 11, 2019

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "Invega injections stopped my period at age 46, that was three years ago. My prolactin levels are high, but the doctor is not concerned. My liver enzymes are high as well. I gained 55 pounds. I can't stand still, I'm restless. My short term memory is bad. I can't work. I asked the doctor to wean me off the medication, but he refuses. I am on a Community Treatment Order which forces me to be medicated. I stopped the medication many times and ended up in the hospital. I have to hire a lawyer to get off the Community Treatment Order."

Vicky (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 10, 2019

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I got diagnose with schizophrenia and bipolar in the hospital. I was taking respidone which was helping me a lot but then I start taking invega. This medicine has ruined me. All of the things that I've loved doing now sucks. I was on it for 4 months but I've been off of it for 3 months now but I'm still dealings with side effects. I can't sit still or lay still. I'm always tired my tongue is always numb my speech is off. I can't have a simple conversation I can't sleep at night. I hate waking up in the morning, my thoughts are all confusing and I feel weak. My body is really sensitive......I just miss the old me."

De (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 5, 2019

For Schizophrenia: "I have noticed some side effects on paliperidone. I have lost my sexual desire for women. My thoughts are not as creative. I don't feel my emotions as fully. I was hearing voices before I was put on the drug but the voices weren't a symptom of mental illness. I ended up in hospital because I kept getting in trouble with the law and they would assume that I was mentally ill and take me to hospital. I believe I was misdiagnosed. What I have learned is that it is the work you do on yourself that will determine your well-being. If you are ill you will require treatment in most cases but the real work begins when you are stable. The work to becoming a flourishing human being. Exercise, clean diet, meditation, journalling, discovering your goals and purpose in life and striving towards it all count and can keep you from experiencing mental illness again. Unfortunately treatment teams don't usually encourage developing your well-being, their job is to medicate you and stabilise you."

Doyler December 29, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for : "Suffered from delusions while awake for 4 days. I am bipolar. Got admitted to the hospital after the police brought me in. Was given about 8 days of Zyprexa and felt relatively normal. The MDs sold invega sustenna as a way to stay free of psychotic behavior and to not have to take a daily pill. My biggest side effect is sedation. I find it incredibly hard to stay up past 8pm and then stay in bed as late as I can (11am). It's like all my dopamine/serotonin is just gone, feel like a zombie. I received the initial dosage intra-muscularly on Dec 14th (234mg) and the second initial dosage on intra-muscularly Dec 19th (156mg). It is now the 28th and I have felt horrible every single day I have been on it. Will be discussing with my psychiatrist. If the half life of this drug is true, this should stay with me until June. If you are not schizophrenic, do not choose to take even the initial dose of this drug, you are signing up for a horrible ride with no going back once it begins."

invegaishorrible December 28, 2018

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "A big warning about this drug...it completely stopped all functioning and thought . I was on it for Bipolar disorder which it isn't registered for. I felt destroyed by this drug and my life robbed from me over a misdiagnosis. I gained 30 kgs, have a prolactanoma, obesity ,pre diebetes, serious liver conditions just to name a few that have shortened my life and have left me without any quality of life. Horrible drug that cannot be made available to so many fickle and uncaring doctors. I still experience pain 24/7.e How this drug was ever passed is something to think about and it should only be prescribed to schizophrenics or people with schizoaffective disorder anyway!!!!"

fallenstar (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 18, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "If I could rate this medication a 0, I would. Going on this medication was one of the biggest mistakes of my life. I have bipolar I disorder and suffered a severe manic episode that didn’t respond to Seroquel or Risperdal. The psychiatrist prescribed me Invega and while it got rid of my mania and psychosis, it completely altered my personality. I had absolutely no emotion at all. I did not feel any sort of joy or happiness. Not to mention I gained at least 20pounds (I’m a very active 24 year old). The suicidal thoughts were so severe that I needed to be hospitalized. The absolute worst part is that even when you stop Invega, it stays in your system for months. It has an extremely long half life. If you want to be a zombie and lose interest in everything you ever loved, then take this medicine. If you’d like to be a productive member of society, avoid this medication at all costs. Find another medicine."

bd1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Do not take this medicine. So far I have lost all my ambition, energy, personality, and my emotions. I am tired all the time, and have random muscle spasms all through my body. It makes it really hard to feel things, I feel like I have to try to feel things it's really weird. I have been taking the injection for 6 months now and I'm a complete zombie, I have no social life, sex drive, and imagination. This medicine destroys the human body, it is poison and needs to be discontinued. I'd much rather hear voices and hallucinate then be on this medication."

Franky (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 14, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I started taking this medication as a monthly injection for Hearing voices/ paranoia and I took it for about 6 months. It made me gain 40lbs, I lost all sex drive, my mind became foggy and I felt mentally slower. I also got severe anhedonia and became unable to feel the effects of alcohol, cigarettes. I don't recommend this medication to anyone.. I've been off it for 4 months and am still dealing with the side effects of this medication. I will say that it did reduce the voices significantly but only because it's such a powerful mind numbing drug. I would advise to try something else if you really need a medication. Basically a chemical lobotomy."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 14, 2018

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I have struggled with horrible voices and delusions for four years and invega is like a miracle after I attempted suicide. It took away the voices and delusions. The only problem I have with this drug is the weight gain and sensitivity to cold and heat. I gained 60 pounds in 6 months...its really hurt my self esteem and I'm going to stop taking it next month. Another thing after the voices stopped I had visuals and voices late at night and early morning that would wear off 3 months into taking it. My mood also seems a little more irritable but not too bad and I'm think I'm starting to have anhedonia, which at first was a giant relief after being so charged and emotionally torn apart with voices but now I'm starting to feel like it's not the best option. Though I will say if the voices torture me again I'll gladly take it again."

Whitedott December 13, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "I was injected with paliperidone twice, one shot in each deltoid over 2 years ago it has destroyed my life forever. I have tardive dyskinesia or dystonia. I am not on any meds at all now. I am understating the effects here. My muscles are stiff and extremely painful. The pain never stops I have no life just endless medical appointments for the stiffness and pain. The doctors say I blame the paliperidone, Isay its because all these side affects are listed for paliperidone. My life is ruined forever, this is the worst thing that has ever happened to me. DON'T LET ANY ONE INJECT YOU WITH PALIPERIDONE IT WILL DESTROY YOUR LIFE."

TORTURED December 4, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Been a week since the first 250 mg injection of Invega sustenna. Arm hurt really bad for a few days and was kind of tired and felt like head under water, but as the week went on that fog lifted and so did the pain. Still have some noise in my head but can usually tell reality from fiction. Go back this week for 135 mg booster.. hopefully no pain this time and no head under water feeling."

Juno666 (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Update: it’s been almost a week since my first shot of Invega. Here is my assessment. After a day or two very sore arm where injection happened. Been very sleepy and lethargic but body couldn’t sit still. Very vivid dreams. Also I haven’t had much let up in my delusions, voices, or mania. It’s just right now I don’t have the energy to do much about them. Due for next shot in 3 days. I’m finally starting to not feel as tired and arm is starting to not be as sore, but not 100% yet. Hoping this next shot will help with the above mentioned things (mania, paranoia etc). I’ll keep you updated."

Juno666 (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2018

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I was forced to take invega after a spiritual emergence was diagnosed as schizophrenia, bipolar, and schizoaffective disorder. I had the initial dose of 256mg I believe, then 150mg for four months. My last shot was in aug 2018. By the second shot my thoughts had stopped. I could no longer think. It shut off my consciousness. My memory and retaining information has been effected. I developed anhedonia. I can no longer feel any emotion. I have no libido or menstrual cycles. I haven't had an appetite in 4 months. I have no desire to eat or get pleasure from it. I have insomnia. I believe this medicine has caused brain damage. Other drugs have reduced or no effectiveness such as cannabis, nicotine, caffeine, alcohol and sleep medication. This drug has a half life of 25-49 days. So its gonna take at least a year before it is completely out of my system."

Nseyet (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 28, 2018

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Invega really helped me a lot at first. It was like a miracle happened. But after about 3 months passed some of my symptoms came back, don't get me wrong, I am glad that I am on Invega, it just not a miracle drug like I first thought it was."

Electro Gravitational Force (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 18, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "Been on risperidone 6 mg for many years. Doc took me off and put me on invega sustenna 128. On 4th month. Much less foggy in the brain. Lost 10 lbs, sex life back. Very grateful for Invega"

Otis1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for : "I took this injection for 5 years and it was the most pain I've ever experienced. I had to get a legal assistant and do a review panel to get off the injection and I won. I've been off it for 4.5 months now and still laying in bed all day with extreme pain. They should stop giving this medication, make it illegal and give money back for time lost at work and extreme pain! Rips me off because I have great parents and love my family so what's going on? I so thankful I'm off it now and feeling a bit better so hoping I get healthy and happy again! Don't take it it's poison....!!"

Bryan1984 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 9, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Invega Sustenna was a horrible experience for me. This medication caused me to gain 20-30 pounds. It stopped my monthly cycles. I was also not able to experience sexual pleasure. This medication ruins lives."

Strawberrylemonade (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 5, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "Like garbage Risperidone with less side effects"

Metalstorm (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 4, 2018

For Schizophrenia: "It has removed my ability to think hard about things. I don't have any delusions because I can't think anymore it is all just reflexes. I hope to get off it as soon as possible. No fun at all."

wishfull (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 3, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "I was misdiagnosed & given Invega Sustenna for about 8 months starting on 150mg every 4 weeks & ending @ 37.5 mg, this medication is a nightmare ! I'm off it now for 2months & still no relief from severe anhendonia, loss of joy & happiness, no orgasm, restlessness . Anyone can help? Is there any successful story of getting off this horrible drug?"

Jay000 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 28, 2018

For Schizophrenia: "I been on the injection for a few months now and I'm getting terrible anxiety. I'm trying to explain to my family I feel very wired on it but they don't understand what I'm going through. I can't leave the house since I've been on it. Stay away from this drug if you want to enjoy life hopefully this side effect will go away once I'm off the drug"

Kevin (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2018

For Schizophrenia: "Other than headache moderate sexual dysfunctions and a cost I can't afford because I can't work because I have skizophrenia which has disabled me it's better than most crazy solutions that makes me seem worse plus it really keeps me out of jail fda approved for that"

Jbsparky (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 24, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "The pros - it eliminates mania and psychosis- you can experience a new steady life patterns. The negativity - weight gain, loss in interest in things you like before, happiness seems unattainable and some suicidal thoughts, numbness in limbs at night. I scared myself with my last episode so taking it gives me confidence it won’t happen again. I get regular sleep. Maybe I miss the highs of bipolar or it’s changed my personality. I won’t take risks anymore - it’s been 1 year and it’s working better than any anti psyc med, but not sure if it’s too strong for bipolar. I probably would stop taking it but on a CTO order’ hoping for a reduction from 150 to 100 injection - wishing you good luck"

Tommy (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 17, 2018