User Reviews for Paliperidone

5.2

Summary of Paliperidone reviews 5.3 252 reviews

Reviews for Paliperidone

Father July 17, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder: "This paliperidone is miracle drug to my 15 yr old daughter, she’s diagnosed with bipolar last Dec 2018 . She’s on paliperidon 3 mg for 5 months and works great for her . With a minimal side effects a little weight gain. All in all this is the best meds for her. She is back to her normal life again . Good luck everyone!"

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 12, 2019

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "doesn't keep psychosis in check"

Bo July 10, 2019

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "It’s a horrible drug that makes you have no thoughts in your head at all. I used to have a lot of passion for learning and now all of that is gone with this drug"

Jg · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 8, 2019

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I am currently having blurred vision from the medication. Does anyone know if the blurriness will go away with time? It has been a month since I stopped taking this medication."

Pope · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 7, 2019

For Schizophrenia: "Warning ladies: I was injected monthly with paliperidone over a period of 3-4 years, approx 4 years off it. I could handle the weight gain and inability to lose weight (jumping from 60kg to 80kg in my early 20s, which was depressing in itself), but I began to lactate outside of childbirth. I was told this was due to a high level of prolactin being secreted. I was told to get checked for the possibilty of breast cancer, and was then treated with aripiprazole in combination to lower the hormone. I am now pregnant with my 2nd child. With my 1st child I was unable to breastfeed - I secrete a low level of prolactin now, if any at all. I've not been entered in a national breast screening programme, despite having a hormonal imbalance since the age of 24, and I am now 30. And again, I am unable to breastfeed my second child. For the men: erectile dysfunction, weight gain and loss of libido should definitely be investigated, as hormones are seriously affected by paliperidone."

Shell · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 4, 2019

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Horrible drug, causes weight gain. I call it the '15lbs shot' every shot I gained another 15lbs. My hallucinations went into overdrive, I could not sleep, depressed, angry, over weight, psychotic, hated every day. I am now seeing a new psychiatrist and I am getting my life back with OUT the Invega Sustenna Injection."

Scooter · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 30, 2019

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I'm not sure how I need it but it's okay. I've been on it for about 1 and a half years. I can't complain. I've been on 234 mg every month for awhile like at least half of a year. It slows down the brain. I guess I would be too hyper without it. different meds affect people differently. It's totally fine and I feel okay. I feel peace."

Dade · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 30, 2019

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I started taking this medication for 3 months after I was diagnosed with schizophrenia and it has ruined my life. I now have trouble speaking, I'm always anxious, I can barely concentrate on anything, I'm depressed and sleeping a lot, and I no longer get erections and have trouble producing semen. I have been off of it for 2 months and I'm still dealing with the side effects. This is the worst thing I have ever been on and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone."

greedy · Taken for 2 to 5 years June 19, 2019

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "the only thing I'm noticing with Invega Sustenna is the bloated feeling. My symptoms are reduced some what me being a female and whatever...guess it's because I try not to eat whatever...."

Ibs · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 17, 2019

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "I am an ex-boxer, fit, 74kg, I always had relapses because I fail to take my medication. I had a relapse in September that when I was taking respirodone and invega I shot up to 84kg, I am still using it once every month dosage been lowered from 200 to 75mg. I was on my way to become successful before I took this medication, I was attractive fit and full of testosterone. I had ambitions and dreams, sharp and a role model. Firstly the medication made feel like I had brain damage and I couldn't move or walk it took a month to to be able to move properly again. I feel depressed, dark, stupid and like I lost a part of myself. I have no emotion and I can't hold a conversation, I lost confidence and all future hope. I wake up with bad anxieties. But on the good side I stopped hearing voices and hallucinations but I would advise you to not take it and instead find an alternative"

Nim · Taken for less than 1 month June 10, 2019

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I had to take Invega sustenna after running away from being treated 5 times. It helps eliminate the delusions and voices. I love it as it does not make me believe that the Kings Son is in love with me; or Adam Sandler is talking to me through every thought with another person in my head and sharing tips for his movies while looking at an image. But I hate the fact that it has a weight gain affect that have muscle constraints. Feeling happy through space is barely not there... natural life is much better ... and keeping all the craziness of Schizophrenia is way more intresting than waking up."

cjiang98 · Taken for less than 1 month May 26, 2019

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I was misdiagnosed with schizoaffective disorder and received the booster and initial shot of this medication. I had terrible side effects including 60 lb of weight gain. I also slept a lot and had little energy. After 6 months of discontinuation, I finally started losing weight and returned to my normal weight. I had to take a gap year during this time and this drug wasted a year of my life."

MiGoreng · Taken for 6 months to 1 year May 23, 2019

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Invega Sustenna will make it easier to take your medication as it’s an every 4 week shot in the arm (or butt). However the side affects are many. This drug, though stopped all hallucinations and mania, caused my skin to flake, my face to get puffy, my overall weight to increase by 40 lbs, incur symptoms of depression and other personality changes and lastly, caused me to sleep for hours on end. If you enjoy sleeping your life away, this is the drug for you. However I myself miss living my full life!"

E May 17, 2019

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Worst experience of my life. I can't describe all of the side effects I had on invega Sustenna in 1000 characters, but my mind was disturbingly blank on this medication. It was as if all of my conscious thoughts were gone. I gained 25 pounds even though I just got the initial dose & lost muscle. My delusions did go away so it worked for that, but it felt like it was because my thoughts stopped. I've gotten 4 sprains and one pulled muscle since I got injected with this poison at the end of August last year. My skin started flaking off and and my hair was falling out. I couldn't feel any emotions. I was unable to orgasm for the first month. There were more side effects, & I don't think I fully conveyed the desperation I felt on this medication. I would like to let people who have gotten on it & hate it that there is hope & you will get better - once you are off it"

K May 14, 2019

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "It's been 3 years since I took Invega but I still think about it often because I have never been as depressed as I was on Invega. I would literally cry upon waking because I couldn't bear being conscious. I was sleeping ~13 hours a day for a few months. It made me catatonic a few times as well. I was so depressed there were times I couldn't lift my head or stand up or even talk. It was an actual nightmare and my psych insisted it was just initial adjustment side effects, but I have never been on a medication that harmed me as much as Invega. I would have taken the psychosis over the Invega any day. I stopped taking it without permission and I kid you not--the next day, I felt normal. I physically couldn't get out of bed and my limbs felt like lead; it was ridiculous. I was in such a dark dark place and started giving away my belongings, but stopped almost immediately once I stopped the medication."

Green bottle · Taken for less than 1 month May 13, 2019

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I was injected twice Invega Sustenna. I had no sex drive, no emotion, no pleasure for the first three weeks. I was miserable and it lasted 8 to 9 months off the drug. I wouldn't recommend this drug to anybody. I am on abilify maintena now and I am feeling much better. 0/10 invega sustenna"

saep62393 May 7, 2019

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I've been on this drug/medicine for about two years and it has caused a lot of problems in my life. It barely helped with the auditory hallucinations such as the voices and paranoia. I feel like a zombie all the time, really tired, drained of energy, and like my brain is slowed down. I've had little to no sex drive (Sexual Dysfunction) and have no pleasure from sex. Within the first couple weeks of getting the injection of invega sustenna every month. I get muscle stiffness in my neck, arms, and hands. I feel like I can't breathe along with a rapid heart beat and a fever. I become confused, unable to function, dizzy, and lightheaded. This happens two to three times a month within a few weeks after getting the injection. I believe it might be because of NMS (neuroleptic malignant syndrome) which is a rare side effect of the drug/medicine which might cause death. This is a horrible drug/medicine for me iIm going to try a different medicine from a different doctor and hope for the best."

Rose May 2, 2019

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I have been on Invega for 7 months. I have noticed many side effects like muscle stiffness, agitation, involuntary movements horrific nightmares headaches and I have gained about 40 pounds in that time while continuing to exercise and eat healthily. I was on 9mg for about 3 months and then was lowered to 3mg. It did stop my severe psychosis when initially prescribed so for that I am very grateful. I am now weaning off the medication to hopefully improve my quality of life. Would not recommend unless absolutely necessary."

DT · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 27, 2019

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Invega did work to keep me from relapsing into psychosis. Also the injection makes it ideal for people who might tend to forget or stop taking medication. I have had some minor issues like diminished sex drive (also times whenI couldn't produce any semen), blurry vision and weight gain. However, soon after taking this medication I developed a depression. My depression has varied from severe mental agony for entire days to its current more anhedonic state. It is debilitating to say the least. After holding on for five months I will try to switch back to Seroquel which in the past has left me more stable while also getting rid of any symptoms related to psychosis. I am however not sure how much of the depression was caused by this medication."

Jojo · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 19, 2019

For Schizophrenia: "I am diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia. I never took oral meds consistently. I'd just forget or my voices would warn me not to. I believed the medicine was poison and that I was not unwell. My life was hell and I was ready to kill myself. After hospitalisation I have been on paliperidone depot for just over 3 years. Started on monthly and now had 2 x 3monthly. Cons: I have put on some weight. I struggle with a sleep disorder (meds or illness?) it is very hard to wake up in the mornings. Pros: I am stable. I'm studying for a degree (with some adjustments for my condition). I do a few hours work each week as well. I rarely hear voices. I am not paranoid or deluded. I get a little unwell if I'm very stressed but nothing I can't manage. I have not been in hospital for past 3 years. I have new friends and can socialise. I go on holidays abroad. You would not know I have schizophrenia. 3 monthly depots offer so much freedom. I have it, then forget about it."

anongirl · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 11, 2019

Invega Trinza (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I have been on this injection since 2017. Received the monthly injections for about three months before my doctor noticed my remarkable stability in mood and made the switch to the tri-monthly injection. When switched to the tri-monthly injection, I noticed that in the third month of being on it, my symptoms of paranoia and delusions would flare up. I've learned to live with it. However, my sex drive is completely gone and my menstrual cycle is TOO light. As well, there are nights that my insomnia flares up. Have not gained any weight but I haven't lost any either. To counter all the bad side effects, I have to say that this is the longest that I have been out of the hospital. Besides the odd paranoia/delusions in the third month, I don't hear any voices like I used to or experience a full-blown manic episode (diagnosis is schizoaffective with bipolar tendencies)."

The king · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 31, 2019

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I have schizoaffective disorder and I was put on invega because lithium causes kidney disease, it helps me sleep and to be able to function. The only side effect is it causes sexual dysfunction which is a common side effect."

Nancy · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 28, 2019

For Depression: "Hi, I was forced to take this drug 3 times @ 39 mg per shot. My last shot was given about 6 months back. I was actually misdiagnosed. I was suffering with depression my family doc forced this drug onto me. Terrible side effects - my speech became slurry, there was neck stiffness, watering of the eyes, sleepiness and dullness existed throughout the day, excessive salivation, difficulty in walking, memory loss, loss of libido, amennorhea and most of all terrible weight gain. I gained 20 lbs already and I feel I am still gaining weight. I could recover from other symptoms with the help of a smarter doctor but not the weight gain. Anyone please suggest me if you lost weight after stopping this drug and if so how long did you take. I am a physically active person who is originally thin built."

TREVICTABOY March 19, 2019

Invega Trinza (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Hey guys I am Geriboy from Hungary so from Europe. Since 2017 I have been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, depression and anxiety. I am on INVEGA TRINZA 525MG which in Hungary is called TREVICTA, it got rid of all my symptoms. I really would recommend this drug for every one. Pills are bad for me but this Depot Injection only 4 times a year is a magic! I really like it. Very clear head, I am focused, I can meet my friends and not sleeping to much during the day. It also removed also my suicide thinking which is very important with Psychosis! Since getting this drug I want to live more and more:) so its really helpful :) Thx for my new pdoc :) For sleep I have been taking 20mg Olanzapine Teva and 2mg Rivotril."

Ellie_thurston · Taken for less than 1 month March 19, 2019

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I have felt very tired and just lethargic and lost interest in the Bible which I once loved with a great passion. No one will take me at my word and have tried to get off this medication but the doctor and my family won't let me even after I told them how much I don't like it. I have no periods have high prolactin and hand tremors in my right hand. Feel like sleeping all the time and would do anything to stop taking this medication. It is poison and should be taken off the market and never given to anyone. I'd rather hear voices than feel like I do on this medication. "

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)