User Reviews for Paliperidone

Depression
4.6

Summary of Paliperidone reviews 5.4 233 reviews

Reviews for Paliperidone

For Depression: "I was injected with paliperidone just twice which was two and a half years ago. Tardive dyskinesia set in and extrapyramidal symptoms. I had lightning bolt like uncontrolled muscle movements which even dislocated my left shoulder twice causing a 40mm tear, all the fluid in my shoulder came out and drained down into my arm. Now my left arm and chest are painful constantly. 17 months after the injections I am not on paliperidone but now my left eye lid was moving on and off 3 to 4 hours a day and my speech was off. I also have muscle rigidity in my lower left leg and foot, and now have a permanent tremor in my whole body. I have dystonia and parkinsons disease. I AM IN PAIN ALL THE TIME AND MY LIFE HAS BEEN DESTROYED."

paliperidonedestroyedme April 8, 2019

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I have schizoaffective disorder and I was put on invega because lithium causes kidney disease, it helps me sleep and to be able to function. The only side effect is it causes sexual dysfunction which is a common side effect."

The king (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 31, 2019

For Depression: "Hi, I was forced to take this drug 3 times @ 39 mg per shot. My last shot was given about 6 months back. I was actually misdiagnosed. I was suffering with depression my family doc forced this drug onto me. Terrible side effects - my speech became slurry, there was neck stiffness, watering of the eyes, sleepiness and dullness existed throughout the day, excessive salivation, difficulty in walking, memory loss, loss of libido, amennorhea and most of all terrible weight gain. I gained 20 lbs already and I feel I am still gaining weight. I could recover from other symptoms with the help of a smarter doctor but not the weight gain. Anyone please suggest me if you lost weight after stopping this drug and if so how long did you take. I am a physically active person who is originally thin built."

Nancy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2019

Invega Trinza (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Hey guys I am Geriboy from Hungary so from Europe. Since 2017 I have been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, depression and anxiety. I am on INVEGA TRINZA 525MG which in Hungary is called TREVICTA, it got rid of all my symptoms. I really would recommend this drug for every one. Pills are bad for me but this Depot Injection only 4 times a year is a magic! I really like it. Very clear head, I am focused, I can meet my friends and not sleeping to much during the day. It also removed also my suicide thinking which is very important with Psychosis! Since getting this drug I want to live more and more:) so its really helpful :) Thx for my new pdoc :) For sleep I have been taking 20mg Olanzapine Teva and 2mg Rivotril."

TREVICTABOY March 19, 2019

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I have felt very tired and just lethargic and lost interest in the Bible which I once loved with a great passion. No one will take me at my word and have tried to get off this medication but the doctor and my family won't let me even after I told them how much I don't like it. I have no periods have high prolactin and hand tremors in my right hand. Feel like sleeping all the time and would do anything to stop taking this medication. It is poison and should be taken off the market and never given to anyone. I'd rather hear voices than feel like I do on this medication. "

Ellie_thurston (taken for less than 1 month) March 19, 2019

Invega Trinza (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I been on invega trinza for almost four years for my schizophrenia. The first side effect I had was weight gain over 70pds. I stopped having my period due to high prolactin. I also found out I have high triglycerides, high cholesterol, and low white blood cell count. I have schizophrenia so I do need this medicine. But seriously weighing the side effects I have against the mental stability I have."

turtle (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 14, 2019

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "This medicine is horrible every time I take it I am unable to workout. I can't even run a mile I am so weak. I get restless leg syndrome, fatigue, weight gain, and blur vision. I'm done taking medicine sick of it"

Yes March 11, 2019

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "For the first year on injection I was good but then decreased the dose to 78mg and had symptom increased it back to 117mg now have intrusive thoughts on this medication and anxiety it’s been 2 years since I took it no weight gain. I have some delusions but takes care of psychosis and paranoia completely"

Coco (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 6, 2019

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "This has helped with the symptoms of my illness. There are negative symptoms to it though. Foggy emotions, not sure if it’s cuz of the illness or the med. I am sort of happy now though, but no sex drive, periods, and gained 75 pounds. I took fluphenazine for a couple months, lost 20 pounds but felt worse than when I was on invega."

Anonymous March 6, 2019

For Schizophrenia: "Was on the drug for 6 months (75mg then reduced to 50mg). Basically, living hell is what I experienced for that time, as well as the following year as I think my system needed to reboot. Terrible weakness and very light headed but nothing that was not reversible. I hate to say it but it worked to get my schizophrenia under control. Again though, terrible experience. Now on Abilify 200mg with no noticeable side effects and no voices. Abilify I would recommend. Also on Wellbutrin 300mg for depression. Walks and good food, as they all say, really does help things return to normal to regain strength but it took a long time. Also had really bad anxiety during my recovery which has now mostly subsided. Very, very difficult but did find my way back. Just keep moving."

Very tough (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 4, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder: "I was given this drug to control hypomania - I was given 150mg monthly depot. It absolutely destroyed my life. I became, within a couple months, severely depressed and severely socially anxious. Yes, I was hypomanic to begin with, but the change was from happy in mood, to an absolute wreck. The mental pain I experienced for a year and a half was the worst for a period of about 6 months. It seemed my only motivation and energy was being directed towards my wish to die. I just couldn’t live with the unrelenting mental pain. The dose has since been lowered by one third, I am feeling much better now. Far more social and in a less depressed mood. I still want to lower the dose further, down to say, 50mg because I am still somewhat depressed."

Danjwp March 2, 2019

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "If you want your life back and want to finally quit hearing the voices, believing the delusions that persist in your head and just be able to live a “normal” life then this medications absolutely. You will over eat, gain a little weight, have restless night and sleep all afternoon, you will have restless leg syndrome where you just can’t sit still. It takes about a month and half for side effects to diminish. I’m so thankful to finally be happy again and be able to hold down a job. Those dark voices are gone. I don’t read a news article and believe I spoke to the president of the United States personally anymore. Now I wake up every day with just a calm, happy persona both internally and externally. The best part is that it’s only a once a month injection. I’ll tell you that on the day of the shot I do still get a littler dizzy and tired so I usually request off the entire day so I can relax. But even my family has noticed the huge change in me."

Juno666 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 3, 2019

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for : "Never EVER take this med for bipolar. I was given this medication for bipolar and it was given to me at the highest dose for 8 months. I felt like a zombie, felt numb, lost my period, gained 70 lbs. and developed hyperprolactinemia and PCOS. I possibly even have a worse disease now. I want to sue."

Jas January 30, 2019

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "My wife was diagnosed schizophrenia and non-specific psychosis. Hearing voices.. telling me I killed someone and as he was speaking to her from the corner of the room telling her where he was buried. "Can't you see him right there?" About 18 months of this and worse, a very dangerous situation. Sectioned 8 times through 2018. A therapist helping me mentioned a client that would throw TV's through windows, fighting, hearing voices, seeing things.. Invega completely cured him. My wife knew she needed help and tried Invega. Within a couple of hours of taking the pill she stopped hearing the voices, could read a book for the first time in years as she could finally focus. She is now taking shots along with the pills. She is better than I could have ever imagined. I couldn’t recommend Invega highly enough. There are very few side effects and her head is clear."

Fred January 29, 2019

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I've been on this drug since December of 2017 and now it's January 2019 so more than a year. I think it has good and bad effects to it. It helps me control myself better. I don't blurt out random nonsense anymore like I used to. I don't like the fact it causes sexual dysfunction and weight gain. I've been taking topiramate for awhile now and I barely eat anything but my psychiatrist blames my weight gain all on me even though weight gain clearly is one of the side effects of invega as well as other antipsychotics. I noticed I haven't ejaculated as much semen the last few times I came and I think the invega is to blame. If it wasn't for the sexual dysfunction and weight problems and also the decreased testosterone due to increased prolactin I'd say this medicine is not that bad but because I'm forced to take it I might as well just suck it up and live with it and accept what I have to live with."

Anonymous January 11, 2019

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "Invega injections stopped my period at age 46, that was three years ago. My prolactin levels are high, but the doctor is not concerned. My liver enzymes are high as well. I gained 55 pounds. I can't stand still, I'm restless. My short term memory is bad. I can't work. I asked the doctor to wean me off the medication, but he refuses. I am on a Community Treatment Order which forces me to be medicated. I stopped the medication many times and ended up in the hospital. I have to hire a lawyer to get off the Community Treatment Order."

Vicky (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 10, 2019

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I got diagnose with schizophrenia and bipolar in the hospital. I was taking respidone which was helping me a lot but then I start taking invega. This medicine has ruined me. All of the things that I've loved doing now sucks. I was on it for 4 months but I've been off of it for 3 months now but I'm still dealings with side effects. I can't sit still or lay still. I'm always tired my tongue is always numb my speech is off. I can't have a simple conversation I can't sleep at night. I hate waking up in the morning, my thoughts are all confusing and I feel weak. My body is really sensitive......I just miss the old me."

De (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 5, 2019

For Schizophrenia: "I have noticed some side effects on paliperidone. I have lost my sexual desire for women. My thoughts are not as creative. I don't feel my emotions as fully. I was hearing voices before I was put on the drug but the voices weren't a symptom of mental illness. I ended up in hospital because I kept getting in trouble with the law and they would assume that I was mentally ill and take me to hospital. I believe I was misdiagnosed. What I have learned is that it is the work you do on yourself that will determine your well-being. If you are ill you will require treatment in most cases but the real work begins when you are stable. The work to becoming a flourishing human being. Exercise, clean diet, meditation, journalling, discovering your goals and purpose in life and striving towards it all count and can keep you from experiencing mental illness again. Unfortunately treatment teams don't usually encourage developing your well-being, their job is to medicate you and stabilise you."

Doyler December 29, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for : "Suffered from delusions while awake for 4 days. I am bipolar. Got admitted to the hospital after the police brought me in. Was given about 8 days of Zyprexa and felt relatively normal. The MDs sold invega sustenna as a way to stay free of psychotic behavior and to not have to take a daily pill. My biggest side effect is sedation. I find it incredibly hard to stay up past 8pm and then stay in bed as late as I can (11am). It's like all my dopamine/serotonin is just gone, feel like a zombie. I received the initial dosage intra-muscularly on Dec 14th (234mg) and the second initial dosage on intra-muscularly Dec 19th (156mg). It is now the 28th and I have felt horrible every single day I have been on it. Will be discussing with my psychiatrist. If the half life of this drug is true, this should stay with me until June. If you are not schizophrenic, do not choose to take even the initial dose of this drug, you are signing up for a horrible ride with no going back once it begins."

invegaishorrible December 28, 2018

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "A big warning about this drug...it completely stopped all functioning and thought . I was on it for Bipolar disorder which it isn't registered for. I felt destroyed by this drug and my life robbed from me over a misdiagnosis. I gained 30 kgs, have a prolactanoma, obesity ,pre diebetes, serious liver conditions just to name a few that have shortened my life and have left me without any quality of life. Horrible drug that cannot be made available to so many fickle and uncaring doctors. I still experience pain 24/7.e How this drug was ever passed is something to think about and it should only be prescribed to schizophrenics or people with schizoaffective disorder anyway!!!!"

fallenstar (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 18, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "If I could rate this medication a 0, I would. Going on this medication was one of the biggest mistakes of my life. I have bipolar I disorder and suffered a severe manic episode that didn’t respond to Seroquel or Risperdal. The psychiatrist prescribed me Invega and while it got rid of my mania and psychosis, it completely altered my personality. I had absolutely no emotion at all. I did not feel any sort of joy or happiness. Not to mention I gained at least 20pounds (I’m a very active 24 year old). The suicidal thoughts were so severe that I needed to be hospitalized. The absolute worst part is that even when you stop Invega, it stays in your system for months. It has an extremely long half life. If you want to be a zombie and lose interest in everything you ever loved, then take this medicine. If you’d like to be a productive member of society, avoid this medication at all costs. Find another medicine."

bd1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 15, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Do not take this medicine. So far I have lost all my ambition, energy, personality, and my emotions. I am tired all the time, and have random muscle spasms all through my body. It makes it really hard to feel things, I feel like I have to try to feel things it's really weird. I have been taking the injection for 6 months now and I'm a complete zombie, I have no social life, sex drive, and imagination. This medicine destroys the human body, it is poison and needs to be discontinued. I'd much rather hear voices and hallucinate then be on this medication."

Franky (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 14, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I started taking this medication as a monthly injection for Hearing voices/ paranoia and I took it for about 6 months. It made me gain 40lbs, I lost all sex drive, my mind became foggy and I felt mentally slower. I also got severe anhedonia and became unable to feel the effects of alcohol, cigarettes. I don't recommend this medication to anyone.. I've been off it for 4 months and am still dealing with the side effects of this medication. I will say that it did reduce the voices significantly but only because it's such a powerful mind numbing drug. I would advise to try something else if you really need a medication. Basically a chemical lobotomy."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 14, 2018

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I have struggled with horrible voices and delusions for four years and invega is like a miracle after I attempted suicide. It took away the voices and delusions. The only problem I have with this drug is the weight gain and sensitivity to cold and heat. I gained 60 pounds in 6 months...its really hurt my self esteem and I'm going to stop taking it next month. Another thing after the voices stopped I had visuals and voices late at night and early morning that would wear off 3 months into taking it. My mood also seems a little more irritable but not too bad and I'm think I'm starting to have anhedonia, which at first was a giant relief after being so charged and emotionally torn apart with voices but now I'm starting to feel like it's not the best option. Though I will say if the voices torture me again I'll gladly take it again."

Whitedott December 13, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "I was injected with paliperidone twice, one shot in each deltoid over 2 years ago it has destroyed my life forever. I have tardive dyskinesia or dystonia. I am not on any meds at all now. I am understating the effects here. My muscles are stiff and extremely painful. The pain never stops I have no life just endless medical appointments for the stiffness and pain. The doctors say I blame the paliperidone, Isay its because all these side affects are listed for paliperidone. My life is ruined forever, this is the worst thing that has ever happened to me. DON'T LET ANY ONE INJECT YOU WITH PALIPERIDONE IT WILL DESTROY YOUR LIFE."

TORTURED December 4, 2018