User Reviews for Paliperidone

Also known as: Invega, Invega Sustenna, Invega Trinza

Learn more about Paliperidone.

Autism 1 reviews 7 medications

6.4
Bipolar Disorder 17 reviews 29 medications

Summary of Paliperidone reviews 132 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Paliperidone

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "I started at 3 mg and had no relief. Up to 6 mg, no relief. My psychiatrist upped my dose to 9 mg and it seemed to be the magical number...for now. I've taken ALL of the antipsychotics out there, from the old generation and even Clozapine. I've had varying success. This one is working. I am actually not hungry at all and haven't gained any weight. In fact, my appetite has lessened. But I have a wonky physiology."

Amabael September 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Although it helped with my delusional thoughts, it completely destroyed my life. I have anhedonia, loss of sex drive, fatigue, can't play football or any sports, my mind is blank, 40 kg weight gain, always hungry, can't get drunk. Feeling down sometimes. Robbed every joy from me."

askata (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "This is the most effective medicine I've ever been on for not only the psychosis, but for the depressive symptoms too. The only slight problem I have is that it seems to wear off the week before I get my next shot, but that's and easy fix by getting the injections closer to around every three weeks instead of every four."

Cainin September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Bipolar Disorder: "this medication simply does not work! I have been on it for 7+ years and I have only gotten worse. my symptoms have gone from mild to severe. All they do is increase the dosage and now I'm on the maximum dose. I relapsed last week and I found myself wandering around aimlessly in a parking lot. I have become more paranoid and delusional. Not to mention the side effects- uncontrollable bowel movements, extreme tiredness, low energy, low libido, muscle pain, chest pain, ect, ect... It is almost impossible to get off this medication once you are on it for a while. I've talked to my doctor- sent him letters and he will not change the medication. And I've called other p-docs and no one can see me or even answer the phone. Time for a switch."

anon33jay August 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia: "I'm a UK citizen born in England and I must say this is bad medication. I've been on it 2 years, yes the voices are gone, but I have gained about 50 pound because of it. At one stage I was dribbling from the mouth and it takes away your sex drive and I still get paranoia. Stay away from any anti phycotics especially paliperidome or risperidome. "

medications bad for you (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Depression: "I gain 60 pounds in 45 days of this med. I had many side effects of which was listed on website. You name it, I basically had it. Made me crazy, majorly depressed etc. This is the worst medication I've ever received and it was given by a Dr whom never called my shrinks, my past Dr's of long term status nor even my personal family. This drug states blood work etc is required to be done before issued."

Don't ever allow chemical rape (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "My symptoms are so much better with Invega Sustenna."

Rexal August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I knew within 48 hours that this drug was a game-changer. I had been in a 5-year-long depression, sleeping 18-20 hours a day, obese, no writing, no reading. Invega gave me a life. Granted, there is that yucky weight gain--but with Invega I actually have the energy to go to the gym 4.5 hours a week so it's (s-l-o-w-l-y) coming off. I can read and write, manage a routine, etc. Granted, there are some times when I get a little muddled, but it's now in the range of "take a deep breath and start again" as opposed to catastrophic. There might be another drug out there with less severe weight gain, but I wouldn't trade how I mentally feel now for anything. I'll always be fluffy, but I'm happy. That's a fair trade any day!"

PhysicsRocks (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "My son just got injected with invega. I pray this is going to work for him. I want him to have a normal life and desire life again. He is also taking lamictal this is also new for him. I hope this convo works for him. He is 26 years old and new with all this. Just got diagnosed with bipolar mania. :("

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Causes really dark thoughts."

Scoott (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "This med made him permanently impotent."

Scot C (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I was put on this medication. By doctors telling me that I heard voices. When I didn't. I was put in the hospital. By a police officer who thought I wasn't fit to drive. As I was having a diabetic hypo. He thought I was on drugs. And locked me in the hospital for 3 weeks. I was forced to have injections of invega. After this I had stabbing pains in my liver my blood sugar levels jumped I gained 15kgs. I haven't been able to orgasem. It has been 3 years since I was put on it. And 18 months since I last had it. I am still over weight. I'm now on diabetes medication. My liver is nearly 3 times the size it should be. And my sex life is over . All because of this evil medication. It should be banned."

Annmaree clemo July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia: "Work very well. No talk in the head, no visible hallucinations only once a day something minor. More energy overall, took 6 months of xeplion to get there. Can laugh. No depression. Hard to meet friends and feel relaxed though."

Toadyi June 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Invega Sustenna is making me sicker and sicker. I can not keep food down any more, and the doctor will not change it. Find a doctor that knows the walsh protocol. Using the The Walsh protocol you can put an end to your illness. Dr William Walsh made the protocol, and it has become widespread in the UK, Ireland and Australia. There are a rare few doctors who do this over the internet, but you need a little bit of money for them. I am going to try and educate my doctor about walsh protocol and see what happens. "

dogglewifi (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia: "I have had a very good response with invega sustenna. On higher levels of the med I had greater side effects but now I am down to 39 mg with no psychosis and limited side effects. I feel like I have gotten my life back. This drug has been a life saver for me enabling me to be in recovery."

carrothoome June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I've been taking invega (all forms) since 2011. I have to say it is a god send. Risperdal and abilify gave me sexual dysfunction. This at least allows me to get an erection. It's done a great job at controlling my positive symptoms of schizophrenia. The voices are dulled down to the point of single sentences and like only 1-4 times a day so it's a lot more managable in day to day life. Started on sustenna, went on the tablets and now on Trinza. All versions work very well for me. This medication is the metabolite form of risperdal and it's a god send. It's easier on the liver and I highly recommend sustenna and Trinza as the form to take for schizophrenia/schizoaffective!"

MillerMillion (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Before my psychotic break that turned into a delusional police chase I was manic, terribly delusional, thought the devil was everywhere I went, thought people were after me, thought devil controlled electronics and the internet. Just too many bad symptoms and after receiving invega injection I've been told that I was more outgoing, and had absolutely no symptoms. But the side effects sucks such as high prolactin levels which resulted in low testosterone, anhedonia, and lower emotions"

Tonyt3 June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega Trinza (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Trinza and Invega Sustenna have been the only medication that has worked for me. I had almost no symptoms for a year which was great. I don't know if my schizophrenia is getting stronger or if the medication is losing its effectiveness. I had to add a second antipsychotic (Latuda 40 mg) to manage the emerging voices and delusions. I'm giving this a 9 because it gave me the year I needed to put myself back together to be ready. The side effects I've had were only pacing back and forth and shaking my leg."

Wolfleo (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "This medication is an absolute waste of time. I have been on Invega for a little less than 2 years now and I can with absolute confidence ascertain that it has done nothing for me. Aside from the decrease in sexual appetite and libido, difficulty having and maintaining erections, little to no ejaculatory fluid (which is really frustrating btw), the muscle tremors I am experiencing, and the 30 pounds I have gained since starting this medication , it is with no doubt an absolute and total waste of money. I definitely would not recommend this medication to anyone. Save yourselves the time and money and DO NOT take this medication."

Hanging On May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Was doing well on 4 mg risperidone but wanted to try an injectable long acting med. Doctor suggested I start with Invega oral to be sure it would work. Tried 6 mg Invega for a month but never felt as good as with risperidone. Made me depressed, tired, insomnia and even had some breakthrough delusions. So glad I didn't go straight to injections. Restarted risperidone and feel good again. It must work for some people but not for me. No data anywhere comparing Invega to risperidone which is odd because the drugs are related. No evidence this is a better drug than risperidone."

Marika55 May 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I feel like this medication is making me feel extremely depressed in a way I haven't suffered before. Unfortunately, my doctor says this can't be the case and it must be my condition ( despite the fact I have never felt this way before)."

Inaworldofpain. May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega Trinza (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I'm getting invega, serious side effects in libido (Im a male), sexual dysfunction, gained 30 kg plus, I can't do sports due to muscle stiffness, and killed all thoughts out of my head, barely can hold a job. No emotions also, I'm an hollow empty shell, a zombie. Can't get drunk. Took my life away. But to say something good, it helped with delusions. I think it is too much price for it."

askata (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Total scam. I've been on this drug for 3 years. Since being on it, It caused acute arm paralysis, dystonia, difficulty speaking, delirium which lasted for a month and it caused weight gain and man boobs. When I first received the shot, it felt like my brain was about to explode. I had extremely high blood pressure on this medicine- 178/105. After I stopped it, my blood pressure is 110/78. I experienced temporal lobe damage from this medicine and a CT scan showed atrophy of my brain after I stopped taking it. Be careful- many psychiatrists receive grants and stipends from big pharma and receive extra insurance money to peddle more drugs to as many patients as possible. This is because of our fee-for-service healthcare system."

Mr. XYZ April 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "After taking 6 mg Invega for 3 years, I asked my physician what was making me gain so much weight....He told me it was the Invega and suggested I stop taking it...So I stopped taking it the next day! That was horrible advise (to quit cold-turkey) but I lost 40 pounds in 2 months. I kept the weight off until I developed psychosis/delusional thinking...After about 6 months and a suicide attempt I am back on it but shots only. Within 2 months I gained the 40 pounds back and gained an additional 40 lbs, making it a total of 80 lbs gained. Time for something else! I am in pain from bad knees & can hardly walk, now....Great mood helper but terrible on the body!"

Michael T April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Hi folks. Have been on Vega inj. For 2months. Most hallucinations, auditory, visual, and mental gone. Has been a game changer for me as my life was completely unmanageable before. Still not leaving home much and have gained a few pounds nothing to drastic but it beats having conversations with people only I can see and not having a choice about it. Also my insurance wouldn't cover it, it's about $2000usd for 1month inj. Thanks, hope this helps."

Healed (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2017