User Reviews for Paliperidone

Also known as: Invega, Invega Sustenna, Invega Trinza

Learn more about Paliperidone.

Autism 1 reviews 7 medications

Bipolar Disorder 12 reviews 33 medications

5.6
Summary of Paliperidone reviews 83 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Paliperidone

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have experienced extreme drowsiness with my paliperidone injection. When I first started I also experienced muscle spasms and blurred vision. I gained approximately 20lbs in 2 months of taking it. I also experience depression and lack of motivation. This drug makes me feel like a zombie. I am hoping to switch medications soon."

Klea55 June 20, 2016

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "This medicine allow me to be less paranoid and this helps me by eliminating all my hard feelings about my life. The only side effect that I am getting from this medicine is oculogyric crisis."

Jason101 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 15, 2016

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I have been using Invega for less than a year. The reason I appealed to this medication was because it was the only extended release medication on the market. What this means is that the medication slowly released into our body within 24 hours. Other medication when you take it, it hits our body straight away to the top and gradually decrease the medication in our body. I find that it is good as it gives less severed side effect as the medication in our body at a constant level. I don't have any major side effects from this medication other than depression and insomnia but that in general related to my unresolved personal life issues. My prolactin level lower compared to when I was on Solian. Less lethargic & sleepy"

ER2016 June 4, 2016

Invega Trinza (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I was on invega sustenna for a little over a year then switched to invega trinza. I'm doing way better than I was. I'm off all my pills and just take the once every 3 month shot. I'm still disabled but the medicine helps relieve the symptoms.. I would recommend this to anyone who's already been on invega and invega sustenna.. It can't take your disability away but it can help you.."

John2504 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 2, 2016

For Schizophrenia: "This medication along with other antipsychotics are horrendous! I had severe pulsating throughout my whole body and have had a constant painful headache for 4 months straight now! They've lowered the dose from 100mg to 75mg and the pain is still bad so next month are lowering it to 50mg and the Dr is very reluctant to blame the drug!which is crazy as we did MRI scan and everything and the drug company leaflet explains headache is a very common side effect!!My experience is terrible would not recommend these drugs to anyone ,"

Skyscraper2 May 19, 2016

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for : "DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICINE. I had one shot of invega two years ago. I have quit my jobs, dropped out of school, and hate myself. I now suffer irregular muscle movements, inability to resensitize(process new information), hypertension, and slow metabolism. Don't take this medication. Don't take this medication. Don't take this medication. Do not take this medication. If you don't believe me then search keep searching invega sustenna reviews. Thousands of negative reviews."

Invega is hell (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2016

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I think this is the only antipsychotic that has worked for me. I was on risperdal previously and it didn't work that well except that I made good friends and was nice usually but I was always really paranoid or psychotic when I'd do all nighters for school and thought there was a serial killer outside the window. invega is much better though and I don't get that paranoia anymore or the really scary type of paranoia anymore although I get scared sometimes but it doesn't stop me from doing things. I'm on 12 mg of invega and 300 mg of lamictal. Im not doing the best because the lamictal should be at 400 mg to be optimal. I wasn't able to tolerate too high of a dose of invega at first because it made me really tired& sleep all day but I can now"

alligator112 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 6, 2016

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Before i was on this injection i was taking up to 7 pills a day and lucky me i had a good social worker and nurse who talked to my doctor to find something better too for me to take i was having episode and tripping out like i was in the spirit world tvs were talking to me and people were turning in too demons but after takeing this medicine it clears my mind and keeps me sane i have quit my medication a couple of times but the episodes come back this medicine is really good i did gain weight but rideing my bike too school helps the longer you stay on this medicine the better it works i find but i was always getting head akes i thought it was the medication but really i just needed glasses the medicine works i get it in my arm"

newk3 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 5, 2016

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Clears the mind of weird thoughts, delusions and hallucinations. Weight gain has been noted as well as a general feeling of restlessness and drowsiness. I'm always on slow-motion and need to think things twice or 3 times. Still better than having conversations with dead people or thinking my brain can see in the future... by the way, DON'T try quitting this drug cold turkey. It's a recipe for disaster."

Charles120 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2016

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "This med did absolutely nothing for me."

Carnov April 20, 2016

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I was on this medicine for a little over a year and I gained almost 100 pounds. I slept all the time and my emotions felt numb."

Arinalicia (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 14, 2016

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "Gained weight. Too much. Fear of cholesterol and diabetes. Less work. Lost a girlfriend."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 28, 2016

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "My wife has suffered from late onset schizophrenia with severe positive symptoms for over 10 years. She started Invega Sustena treatment (monthly injection) a year ago and has made dramatic improvements. All of her positive symptoms have gone away. Residual negative symptoms remain but is now manageable with talk therapy. The injection method helps with compliance as daily pills are difficult to maintain and easy to discontinue. This is a wonder drug..."

Invega (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 21, 2016

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "these drugs are dangerous... they ruined my life. made my illness much worse. the doctors are do not believe me as they think I'm an inferior life form. SYMPTOMS INCLUDE TOOTH DECAY LACK OF MOTIVATION EXTREME WEIGHT GAIN HEART PAINS REDUCED LEVEL OFCONSCIOUSNESS THEY ALSO MADE EXTREMELY DELUSIONAL TO THE POINT I DIDN'T EVEN BELIEVE ANYMORE."

PROFIT FOR POISON March 11, 2016

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on invega 3mg for almost 2 weeks. Immedietly I felt great. I take it at night. But for the first few days I felt drugged till about 11am. I get up at 6am. Take it around 7-8pm. But for the early part of the day I felt awesome. Totally at peace. Never felt better. However after a week. I feel that it's not helping. I don't go to sleep till like midnight now. And I am not stable anymore. I think I may need a higher dosage. I have made a couple apt this week but they where cancelled due to them closing for weather and a emergency. But my mania is out of control. I have bad outburst. Do things I know I shouldn't. It's like I can't stop it. Do I need a stronger dose. I was suppose to come back in a week."

Ien$;7;& March 10, 2016

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "I get a shot of 100 or 150 mgs once a month for pretty severe schizoaffective disorder. A bit of weight gain but no other side effects. Still feeling paranoid frequently. Doc won't up the meds. It's very frustrating."

BobbiMcGee February 10, 2016

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "This med is rubbish . I can't sleep I have insomnia weight gain feel like garbage. It was helpful for first 4 months."

Baller3000 January 26, 2016

For Schizophrenia: "I have been on paliperidone for about a year now. The side effects I have is I get alot of nightmares and bad dreams which I never had before. I do alot of rocking backwards and forwards every time I sit down which is really upsetting and annoying. I have alot of restlessness. I find it difficult to settle and do things. In terms of sleep, this medication is good. I have energy at least. I have tried other medications and had side effects as well. I am having this medication reduced and eventually will be off having antipsychotic drugs. I am sick of the side effects. Clozapine made me sick all the time and sleepy. Another medication I was on I had blurred vision. Sick of the side effects. I'd rather take the risk with having a relapse ."

terriberry January 13, 2016

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I have been suffering major depression for over 10 years and Zoloft took the edge off but I was still extremely depressed. I had mood swings and disorganized thinking, speech problems by being unable to articulate what I mean, paranoia and so forth. I was originally diagnosed with bipolar disorder but the diagnoses didn't fit. I also was diagnosed with Aspergers. I took a personality and general mental health test by a professional psychologist and the results were tallied by a computer. I have schizoaffective disorder. I showed my results to my psychiatrist and she's prescribed invega. My depression is gone, I laugh and tell jokes, I can think clearly now and my relationship with my husband has never been better. Thank you!"

Nikkisaturn December 28, 2015

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Would be an absolutely perfect drug without the side effects. Constant tiredness and dizziness makes it almost impossible to work. It definitely has high effects on motor skills and sexual ability. But, hallucinations and delusions are gone. No more voices, and paranoid thoughts after only a month. It's a good drug if you want to sleep all day."

BIbijoseph December 17, 2015

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "After My doughter' s birth I suffered from this mental illness. Except of weight gain, invega is wonderful medicine."

Rubynd (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 15, 2015

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "I feel like this medication is OK minus the weight gain feels like I put on a lot of weight and is hard to loose"

Anonymous November 26, 2015

Invega (paliperidone) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I am living a productive symptom free life because of Invega shot 4 yrs, 6mg pill for 1. Now college grad, off disability, full time job (40 k) at investment bank all possible by Invega. I was severely sick and now I haven't been for 5 years. It took a couple of hospitalizations, several lost jobs, and even jail ( which was turning point) to find Invega. I did 3 full time yrs in college and got 3.9 in finance. Only sides effects I've had are slightly high cholesterol and weight gain which for me is somewhat manageable with diet although for what I eat I'd be 20 pds less. I am now crystal clear and have zero symptoms. Life changer."

RamiJames November 17, 2015

For Depression: "I had two half injections of this medication to treat my depression. I experienced many of the side effects that are listed. Some of those include discharge from my breast, missed menstrual cycle, weight gain, and other funny feelings to my body. Upon experiencing these side effects I decided that this medication was not for me."

vet one of millions October 20, 2015

Invega Trinza (paliperidone) for Schizophrenia: "When this drug is given regularly, can give the life back to the patients. I have seen their hygiene get better and them get more social."

Anonymous October 2, 2015