How is Invega Trinza administered?
Invega Trinza (paliperidone palmitate) is given as an injection into the muscle of your upper arm (deltoid muscle) or buttock (gluteal muscle). Invega Trinza is a long-acting injection you receive once every 3 months for the treatment of schizophrenia. Your healthcare provider will give you this injection each time.
This medicine is classified as an atypical antipsychotic and works by balancing natural chemicals in the brain called neurotransmitters. Rebalancing neurotransmitters can help treat your symptoms like hallucinations, agitation, and changes in thinking and behavior.
Invega Trinza is used in people who have already been treated with Invega Sustenna injections once a month for at least 4 months. Invega Sustenna also contains paliperidone palmitate but is given once a month.
Always follow your doctor’s specific instructions on receiving Invega Trinza. It’s important that you stay on schedule with your Invega Trinza injections every 3 months. Your doctor will determine the best dose for you and schedule your appointment times for injections.
If you must miss an appointment, contact your doctor as soon as possible. It's important to keep all of your appointments so you can get your medication on time and discuss your progress with your doctor.
Invega Trinza is not for treating dementia-related psychosis.
- Invega Trinza (paliperidone palmitate) is a long-acting injection given into the muscle of your upper arm (deltoid muscle) or buttock (gluteal muscle). It is given once every 3 months for the treatment of schizophrenia.
- Only your healthcare provider will give you this injection. You can receive your injections at the doctor’s office.
- Invega Trinza is used in people who have already been treated with Invega Sustenna injections once a month for at least 4 months.
This is not all the information you need to know about Invega Trinza (paliperidone palmitate) for safe and effective use. Review the full Invega Trinza information here, and discuss this information with your doctor or other health care provider.
- Invega Trinza [paliperidone palmitate] 3-month injection. Janssen Pharmaceuticals. Titusville, NJ. Accessed Oct. 16, 2020 at https://www.invegatrinza.com/
Related medical questions
- Can you drink alcohol while taking Invega Sustenna?
- Invega Sustenna vs Invega Trinza vs Invega Hafyera. What's the difference?
- How to transition to Invega Trinza from Invega Sustenna ?
- How to transition to Invega Hayfera from Invega Trinza or Invega Sustenna?
- How do you give an Invega Sustenna injection?
- How does Invega Trinza work?
- How often is Invega Trinza given?
- Why should you take aripiprazole in the morning?
- Does Abilify cause weight gain?
- Vraylar vs Abilify - How do they compare?
- Can you stop taking Latuda immediately?
Related support groups
- Paliperidone (8 questions, 24 members)
- Invega Trinza (6 questions, 3 members)
- Schizophrenia (84 questions, 314 members)