How do you give an Invega Sustenna injection?
Invega Sustenna is administered by a healthcare professional into either the deltoid muscle of the arm or the gluteal muscle of the buttocks once a month following an initial loading dose period. Invega Sustenna is usually started with a dose of 234mg given IM, followed by 156mg IM one week later. Thereafter, monthly injections of 39mg to 234mg IM are given, depending on the condition being treated, individual dosage requirements, and how well the person tolerates Invega Sustenna.
Only needles supplied with the Invega Sustenna kit should be used. It should only be administered into a muscle, not by any other route. The entire dose should be administered slowly, as a single injection, not as divided injections.
- Invega Sustenna (paliperidone palmitate). Updated 08/2021. Janssen Pharmaceuticals, Inc. https://www.drugs.com/pro/invega-sustenna.html
Related medical questions
- Can you drink alcohol while taking Invega Sustenna?
- Invega Sustenna vs Invega Trinza vs Invega Hafyera. What's the difference?
- How to transition to Invega Trinza from Invega Sustenna ?
- How to transition to Invega Hayfera from Invega Trinza or Invega Sustenna?
- How is Invega Trinza administered?
- How long does Invega Sustenna take to work?
- Does Invega Sustenna need to be refrigerated?
- Why should you take aripiprazole in the morning?
- Does Abilify cause weight gain?
- Vraylar vs Abilify - How do they compare?
- Does Latuda make you sleepy?