User Reviews for Invega Sustenna

Schizoaffective Disorder
5.2

Summary of Invega Sustenna reviews 5.2 50 reviews

Reviews for Invega Sustenna

For Schizophrenia "It works! but you have to want it too. Mental illness is an illness of the brain. The mind.. So you have to couple your taking of available meds and therapy. You have to change the way your mind works and thinks. Think on purpose for up to an hour a day by repeating a phrase or quote such as if you're a voice hearer repeat up to an hour a day (I cannot hear voices, they aren't real) x repeat. Fish oil, good sleep, eat healthy and exercise every other day. Look after yourself and work your thought life out. I have schizophrenia, Bi-Polar and depression and hold 2 small businesses that I run for most of my work-week (Music Studio owner operator and Stock Market Trader) I've had schizophrenia for 14 years and for 7 of those years ran a highly successful business where I used to live (talking 7 figures) EAT healthy! THINK right, Exercise AND Do what you know you should! positive positive positive. you CAN do this!"

Ferv September 9, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I have been on Invega 234 injection for over 7 months. I do the injection every 3 weeks. It has helped with the auditory and visual hallucinations but unsure of the mood effects. Definitely more depressed and my anxiety has gotten much worse, but after I get the shot it seems to get better. I have been hospitalized every month with multiple, depressive problem after taking this medication and am now convinced that it is possible that this medication could be the cause. I am now going to try to figure out if this medication is worth being on or whether I should stay on it."

CrazyAuntie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 21, 2018

For Schizophrenia "This medication gave me a stroke at the age of 25"

Jarod July 15, 2018

"I was mistreated with invega when I got sent to a hospital for having a manic episode due to taking over the counter pills that had caused me not to sleep for 3 days . It has completely taken away my personality, who I am as a person , my social life , my sex drive , it feels like a huge piece of me is missing and I will never get it back . DON'T let anyone inject you with this "

Brando July 11, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Total failure. No sex drive and impotent, no emotions, no thoughts. complete zombie, don't let them inject you with this poison"

Joepert (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I was admitted to the hospital for depression. But they gave me the invega sustenna 234 injection. My mouth became totally numb for 2 months. I could not swallow any solid food. I could not properly talk for 2 full months. Only lived on liquids. Had no energy in my body at all. Only slept & lied down 24 hours. Had no energy even to open the medication bottle. Really felt horrible inside. Felt muscle locks. Literally lived like a zombie for 2 months. Had extreme anxiety & suicidal thoughts. My teeth have moved permanently. Can’t bite or chew the same way anymore. 4 months later I still don’t feel normal. I feel this injection has ruined my life permanently. I feel there is something wrong with my body organs. I can’t make anybody understand that I just don’t feel normal anymore. I feel chills in my body. Hard to get up in the morning for work. Feel extremely fatigue & depressed. I actually have more issues than what I just described."

Dip June 13, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I feel like this medication has ruined my life completely because I ended up gaining weight, having pre diabetes, and not having my period for 2 years. My biggest concern is am I gonna be able to have children when I get older. I decided that I rather stop taking this medication because it can ruin your future."

Anonymoys1234 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 7, 2018

For Schizophrenia "I find the drug makes me calm/relaxed.. but I have the most severe insomnia. I've gone 7 weeks without much sleep and have 0 energy or motivation. This drug has basically ruined my life and turned me into a stay at home vegetable with no future. Gonna switch to abilify and hopefully have a life back and good healthy sleep back"

Strippedofliberty (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Well now I now know why they call psychiatrist "shrinks". I have been on this drug for years. I have tried taking vitamins and eating healthy to stay well and still gained 50 pounds. I have far too many headaches and sleep all day. I think they finally did it - they shrunk my brain!"

El (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 19, 2018

For Schizophrenia "Invega sustenna is gross. It blocks dopamine in the brain. So causes a long list of side effects. This drug is a gimmick it has no therapeutic value whatsoever. I think I threw up over a dozen times!"

Kiwi (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 18, 2018

"Invega tortured me. My life was ruined. The drs (lowercase on purpose) will never admit the side effects greatly outweigh the benefits (there are none). It is a chemical lobotomy. It helps the same way getting part of your brain taken our helps with the symptoms. Severe akathisia, low testosterone for four months, feeling like muscles are dying (they shrunk a ton), fat gain, high prolactin, destroyed my metabolism, impulsive outbursts. My dr didn't even know the half life was as long as it was. It stays in your system for ages. There are so many tales of misdiagnosis. If you life in a state where they can force you to continue the torture at home then I recommend you submit a daily vlog"

Theo May 11, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I hated this injection."

Realgenius (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 3, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Gained 65lbs in about two years but it stops the poltergeist."

Golog (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 5, 2018

"Blood clots. Bulging vein/ blockage"

Anonymous March 15, 2018

For Schizophrenia "Warning: this shot will destroy your life. I only had 1 shot, the 234 mg. I dropped out of school, became depressed. It's been 3 years and I still suffer from absence of emotion. It doesn't sound like much but trust me, life becomes empty without emotions. In some cultures, hallucinations are a sign from beyond. People that can hear or see things will often become shamans, medicine men, or healers. I highly reccommend meditation, and/or seeing someone that is an energy healer."

Invega_ruined_me February 28, 2018

For Schizophrenia "This medicine helped stop me talking to two women."

Anonymous February 28, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I have been on 156mg injections for the past year. Yes, there is weight gain, and its from over-eating because the drug makes you very hungry even shortly after eating. That was the only bad for me. Otherwise it gives me a calm reflective mind, and no symptoms from my illness. I am hoping to get my appetite under control through discipline. If you exercise and eat intelligently I am sure there would be no weight gain, but do be warned: you will be much more hungry than usual. Overall its the best anti-psychotic I've tried though, and that includes Risperdal, Abilify and Haliperidol (the worst one by far.) Compared to Risperdal, it is just as effective but with fewer side effects. I feel like less of a zombie."

Lochness Monster February 21, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Cons: Invega increased my "PROLACTIN hormone" 5 times more than the maximum level. Thus, I lost my menstrual cycle for more than one year, sexual dysfunction, depression, sleep disturbances, etc... This drug also lowered my metabolism. As a result, I experienced food coma (falling deep sleep) after eating food. It also increased my blood sugar. I gained 20 kg in 8 months. Tremor was another side effect of invega. I was on 100 mg injection. BUT, I had no delusion with it !"

Eli F (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 17, 2018

For Schizophrenia "So I've been on this medication since 2014. Diagnosed with schizophrenia back in 2011 when I told doctors I was visited by spirits at a young age. They didn't believe me though I swear on my life it is true. Anyway, I was on 150mg. Had the worst side effects you could imagine. Very high prolactin levels, lactating from my breasts, amenorrhoea, absolutely no motivation at all, pretty much glued to my bed & phone. So they adjusted my dose twice & now I am feeling a bit better. Not a lot better though I would say. They say that a schizophrenia diagnosis is something you deal with for life so I would be careful what you tell your doctors. You could be on medication for life."

h0m39url (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 8, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I dont know why they started me on 156 mgs but I couldn't think straight on such a high of a dose and I was sleeping 16 hours a day. Zero libido, dizzy spells, acne, plus 50 pounds weight gain. I lowered my injection 3 times to now 39 mgs, the lowest dose. Less acne, still fat, still zero libido but, less dizzy. The benefit was that I have zero delusions."

DanaAnastasia (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 7, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "This is the worst possible nightmare of a drug. I was injected with one 234 mg dose and never took the 2nd shot or 156 mg because I felt so horrible. I was so miserable I wanted to die. I had no emotion, no imagination, no memory, and no initiative. I disappeared into a dark hole for months. It took 6 months before I started to feel any better. It took about 2 1/2 years before I felt like I was anywhere near back to normal. Don't let anyone inject you with this poison. You will regret it."

day2play January 30, 2018

For Schizophrenia "I have a loved one who had a very long period (over 7 years) where she was unmedicated with active frightening visual and auditory hallucinations before she was able to receive help. After a 4 month hospitalization and oral antipsychotics including Zyprexa she was still totally delusional. After starting community based treatment she was started on Invega Sustana and within 2 months she was better than she has been in over 10 years. I was able to see glimpses of who she was before her brain disorder took over her life. She thinks that the shots are like water and they do nothing. Anosognosia (lack of insight) is a very difficult issue with her so I am beyond pleased this medications ability to improve my love ones life."

just another cog (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 25, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Best medication if you get the right dose that works for you. I went from being miserable on this drug to “this is the best medication I’ve ever been on”. It only took 8 years with trial and error and giving this med another try. I still can’t do as much as I could before the illness set in, but my motivation and joy have returned. I never thought recovery was going to be possible, now filled with hope for the future. Don’t give up it’s worth the fight!"

Triedagain (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 18, 2018

For Schizophrenia "Absolutely amazing. Made me back to normal, before I took the invega shot I had extreme paranoia thinking people wanted to kill me, thought the government was purposely making it hard for me not to be homeless and literally thought my life was like the Truman show at some points and that everyone was actors around me, and wanted to kill me, literally within a day after taking this my life had changed and I became myself again before all the medication started."

Sam_mig1 December 26, 2017

For Schizophrenia "I was going through thyroid storm because I had taken liquid iodine with thyroid pills. At the time I was having a episode... and forced treatment against my will. The doctor told me that it was the only drug I could take and coerced me into taking it. 432 mg shot that was nearly the twice the max dose. I didn't like it because before I was on a dopamine 2 and not dopamine 3 antagonist like this drug does. Absolute crap! Before the episode I was healthy able to run 10k in under 40 minutes on Seroquel xr.... and now I'm dealing with withdrawals and high inflammation that was .7 now 4.3 because of stupid shot. It'll make you not able to think or do your job. You'll lose interest in things like working out and being healthy. The drug is rubbish!!"

Voice hearer (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 29, 2017