User Reviews for Invega Sustenna

Schizoaffective Disorder
4.2

Reviews for Invega Sustenna

Nakunda · Taken for less than 1 month May 18, 2021

For Schizophrenia: “To anyone who has lost their life like I have to this drug, what is the recovery wait time when you stop it? Does this ever get better? Do I ever get the sensitivity in my penis back? Is there any way to treat it? 3 months ago I took my last of 2 Invega injections and I would be thankful for positivity from this nightmare of a lifestyle I have. I lost my instinctive tendencies and so many more side effects a lot like I’ve been reading and just would like to know does it get better? It feels like my instincts where taken away and I have to put a lot more effort into focusing on things”

primordialaum · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 28, 2021

For Schizophrenia: “Invega Sustenna gave me a blood clot in my lung and could've killed me, I'm now on blood thinners and switched to abilify and have been fine since, permanently different in some way, but better”

SadCanadian999 · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 17, 2021

For Schizoaffective Disorder: “I was prescribed Invega Sustenna on my 5th hospital stay for bipolar and schizoaffective episodes. I wasn’t responding to the oral medications and I have compliance issues with taking oral meds anyway. Like most people who have already commented, my experience with this drug have been horrible. Yes, it stopped the hallucinations but it has robbed me of my emotions, I feel flat all the time, I gained weight, my hair fell out, I lost my sex drive and my ability to orgasm, I have anhedonia and avolition, I cannot socialize anymore, I can barely contribute to a conversation, I’m barely caring for myself (not cooking, not cleaning)....I am like a child. This medication is terrible in my opinion, I would not recommend it. I’d rather live with the occasional hallucination, then all of the side effects Invega has caused.”

DollarMan · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 5, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “I got this shot by doctors that had no clue and I had no idea what I got. This shot gave me lower IQ, worse memory, slower thinking, loss of emotions, depression so to say, high level of prolactin, erectile dysfunction, no sperm at all and also anxiety. My memory used to be extremely good and also I had high IQ, but now I have a hard time to remember things and my IQ dropped significantly on IQ tests. Im going to report them to the police and throw a law suit. All of this by a shot I shouldn't have got at all. Ban it please and don't let others go through the same hell as I did.”

TheNugget December 31, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “This drug rendered me bed ridden with no interest in life. I went from being an opinionated funny guy that could read your emotions and make just about anyone laugh, or at least smirk. I've always been very emotional and this drug sucked my soul, will to live and emotions right out of me. I'm left an empty shell of who I was. This drug is referred to as a chemical lobotomy for good reason. It shuts down all free thoughts, the voice in your head, your conscience disappears. With nothing to say, no interest in anything, no thoughts, no emotions, you as a person just about stops existing. No feeling of gratitude, accomplishment, satisfaction. Your thought process and basic decision making skills are destroyed. I've been off this drug for about 5 months now and I'm not seeing too much relief. The fear of "being like this forever" is a constant fear that never lets up, since this isn't a life this is merely existing. My plea and advice to you? Stay away from this medicine.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 28, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “I've taken this for 3 and a half years and I noticed I have a ridiculously bad memory,I will start a sentence "I remember this one time " then I won't know what I was talking about in mid sentence - I forget what I'm talking about. I don't know if I have a sex drive cause I have no partner, and I gained 40lbs. I don't have an appetite,I don't feel hungry yet still I'm overweight, probably because my body thinks it's starving and I gain weight when I do eat. I have to make myself eat what feels like gross food even though it's good food. I have no feelings, my emotions are numb. This medication did help my paranoia though.I've become fat and forgetful.”

Baelish · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 3, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “Where do I start with the side effects of Invega Sustenna, sexual dysfunction, yes, my penis, is useless I feel like a 2 year old. I have severe anhedonia (loss of pleasure), I have put on 20 kg, I sleep for 11-12 hours a day and just overall feel terrible my memory’s horrible, I’m depressed and just feel like I am not living some days. What ever you do do not take this drug other anti psychotics drugs are better they don’t all have the same effects so just try aiming else”

Remi October 14, 2019

For Schizophrenia: “I took 6 injections over a 6 month period. I didn't notice much in the first couple of months. It helped with the paranoia, I still heard voices to a lesser extent. Around the 5th month, I had noticed I gained 50 lbs (115 to 165) It happened so rapidly. I also began to lactate. That was all horrible but the worst of it was the severe anhedonia. They wanted to slowly taper me off the injection but I refused to take any more after the 6 month period. I felt mentally slower. I got no pleasure from listening to music, or watching TV. I stopped laughing. This is just my personal experience, but if you look up this medicine you will find there are many people that have gone through a similar experience. It's been 14 months since my last injection and I think I have mentally fully recovered. I think this drug is too potent. I am almost certain it gave me some sort of brain damage. One of the biggest regrets of my life is taking this drug, I was better off before.”

E May 17, 2019

For Schizophrenia: “Worst experience of my life. I can't describe all of the side effects I had on invega Sustenna in 1000 characters, but my mind was disturbingly blank on this medication. It was as if all of my conscious thoughts were gone. I gained 25 pounds even though I just got the initial dose & lost muscle. My delusions did go away so it worked for that, but it felt like it was because my thoughts stopped. I've gotten 4 sprains and one pulled muscle since I got injected with this poison at the end of August last year. My skin started flaking off and and my hair was falling out. I couldn't feel any emotions. I was unable to orgasm for the first month. There were more side effects, & I don't think I fully conveyed the desperation I felt on this medication. I would like to let people who have gotten on it & hate it that there is hope & you will get better - once you are off it”

BlkGirlLost · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 30, 2019

For Schizophrenia: “The one positive effect of this drug (InVega Sustenna 150 mg every 4 weeks) is that it controls my hallucinations and delusions. But the trade off is really hard to bear. I’ve lost all the joy in my life, the anhedonia is so bad that I have to live in a constant state of pretending to be happy because I am now unable to feel any kind of happiness or pleasure especially from activities I once enjoyed very much. I can’t recall things and my memories have evaporated. I feel blunted and flat all the time. I can’t function in a meaningful way, and feel more depressed than I ever have in my life. I’ve gained lots of weight, lost muscle tone yet I feel agitated like I want to jump out of my skin all the time. Being on this medication is a living nightmare. I am 43 and feel like life has come to a screeching halt.”

Tommo December 5, 2019

For Schizophrenia: “I had a psychotic episode from drug use, they made me take injection and I feel like it was worst drug possible, I honestly can't explain how bad the side effects are. You get a weird smell odour, irregular heart beat, no up and go, no sex drive, dizzy all the time. I am off of it now and I am hoping I can come good again”

Janac August 31, 2019

For Schizoaffective Disorder: “I honestly feel like I've been misdiagnosed with schizoaffective disorder, but I've been taking this medication for almost two years. Currently at 117mg every four weeks. I feel like I've become a completely different person than before I started Invega Sustenna. I have no passion for anything, no emotion, no ideas or input or anything to say to anyone, and my energy for life overall is just flat. So flat. I constantly feel like I only do things to appease people and appear like a normal person. Only the people closest to me, like my family, recognize that I'm no longer the person I used to be. I have hopes that I'll be able to stop this medication someday... and that when I stop, I'll be able to recollect whatever is left of who I used to be. I don't know if I'd recommend this medication. But if you ever find yourself on it, take note of your side effects earlier on so you have record of it to tell your psychiatrist. Then maybe stopping will be easier, if that's what you want to do.”

bd1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 15, 2018

For Schizophrenia: “If I could rate this medication a 0, I would. Going on this medication was one of the biggest mistakes of my life. I have bipolar I disorder and suffered a severe manic episode that didn’t respond to Seroquel or Risperdal. The psychiatrist prescribed me Invega and while it got rid of my mania and psychosis, it completely altered my personality. I had absolutely no emotion at all. I did not feel any sort of joy or happiness. Not to mention I gained at least 20pounds (I’m a very active 24 year old). The suicidal thoughts were so severe that I needed to be hospitalized. The absolute worst part is that even when you stop Invega, it stays in your system for months. It has an extremely long half life. If you want to be a zombie and lose interest in everything you ever loved, then take this medicine. If you’d like to be a productive member of society, avoid this medication at all costs. Find another medicine.”

Toomey March 27, 2020

For Schizoaffective Disorder: “I have schizo affective disorder and I have been on the Invega Sustenna drug for a year now and I love it. It is the only drug that has ever worked for me . It took my symptoms alway totally. It has changed my life. The only side effects I have had is it makes my mouth dry. I can definitely live with that. All the other drugs have had horrible side effects. My future is looking great because of this drug. I feel it is the that this is the best drug on the market.”

beck · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 23, 2020

For Schizoaffective Disorder: “I've been on this drug Invega Sustenna for the last 5 years. I've gained 65 lbs, I'm 5'4" tall. I'm restless, have liver problems, memory problems. I don't know which symptoms it is treating. I do not hallucinate. I originally got diagnosed with bipolar disorder 23 years ago, because I could not sleep at night. This drug is horrible and there are no benefits from it.”

Gains · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 26, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “I personally don't like this medication at all. It is simply impossible to stay lean and fit while taking it. Does it manage your symptoms of bipolar/schizophrenia/schizoaffective disorder? Yes. But myself and I believe many other people get to a point where they want to move on with their life after years of mental clarity. This drug will prevent that and prevent you from living a healthy lifestyle. It's been proven to elevate blood lipids to unhealthy levels and in some cases cause heart dysrythmia. It's a good medication to stabilize patients with the mental illnesses listed above, but I truly believe this medication should not be prescribed long term, especially if the individual prescribed it has managed their symptoms for multiple years.”

Sky · Taken for less than 1 month October 21, 2019

“If I could give this a 0 rating I would, this drug has completely ruined my life. It was given to me so that I could leave the hospital sooner, and just like anyone else, I desperately wanted to leave. So I was given the loading dose of 254mg and 156mg ( never have I made a worse decision in my life...) It's been 3 months and since then I have lost my memory completely, can hardly remember what I ate for dinner last night, I've lost my social skills and sense of humor, I've lost my personality, I've lost my love for smoking weed, I've lost a crazy amount of muscle mass-giving me stretchmarks all over my biceps, I've lost my erections at the age of 19...”

poopmeds20 · Taken for less than 1 month November 13, 2019

For Schizoaffective Disorder: “This medication is the worst. Do not take it. You will have no feelings, no thoughts, no sex drive. Please do not take this drug in any circumstance. It does not help at all. It actually makes you worse. It makes you lose your mind on the daily. It makes you hallucinate daily. You don't want that. Do not take this medication in shot or pill form. 0 stars. Horrible drug. Way too expensive and does not work at all.”

Ellie_thurston · Taken for less than 1 month March 19, 2019

For Schizoaffective Disorder: “I have felt very tired and just lethargic and lost interest in the Bible which I once loved with a great passion. No one will take me at my word and have tried to get off this medication but the doctor and my family won't let me even after I told them how much I don't like it. I have no periods have high prolactin and hand tremors in my right hand. Feel like sleeping all the time and would do anything to stop taking this medication. It is poison and should be taken off the market and never given to anyone. I'd rather hear voices than feel like I do on this medication. ”

Jas January 30, 2019

“Never EVER take this med for bipolar. I was given this medication for bipolar and it was given to me at the highest dose for 8 months. I felt like a zombie, felt numb, lost my period, gained 70 lbs. and developed hyperprolactinemia and PCOS. I possibly even have a worse disease now. I want to sue.”

Yes March 11, 2019

For Schizophrenia: “This medicine is horrible every time I take it I am unable to workout. I can't even run a mile I am so weak. I get restless leg syndrome, fatigue, weight gain, and blur vision. I'm done taking medicine sick of it”

k March 7, 2021

For Schizophrenia: “Invega Sustenna nearly ruined my life. If I had given myself the choice between a life without the capacity to feel or be present while the rest of the world ignored my problem, or manage myself holistically with smaller challenges, I would have chosen the latter. Also note that breast milk develops in most patients and it took nearly a year of removing the drug/pharmaceutical from my system to put an end to that nightmare. Choose what you put into your body wisely.”

Juno666 · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 3, 2019

For Schizoaffective Disorder: “If you want your life back and want to finally quit hearing the voices, believing the delusions that persist in your head and just be able to live a “normal” life then this medications absolutely. You will over eat, gain a little weight, have restless night and sleep all afternoon, you will have restless leg syndrome where you just can’t sit still. It takes about a month and half for side effects to diminish. I’m so thankful to finally be happy again and be able to hold down a job. Those dark voices are gone. I don’t read a news article and believe I spoke to the president of the United States personally anymore. Now I wake up every day with just a calm, happy persona both internally and externally. The best part is that it’s only a once a month injection. I’ll tell you that on the day of the shot I do still get a littler dizzy and tired so I usually request off the entire day so I can relax. But even my family has noticed the huge change in me.”

Finally Well · Taken for 5 to 10 years July 24, 2019

For Schizoaffective Disorder: “I was in denial about my illness for about 8 years before I finally went to the hospital by police escort (with the help of my family). I had lost my marriage, couldn’t do my job, and I couldn’t figure out why all this was happening to me. The doctor at the hospital ordered the Invega Sustenna injection and it completely turned my life around. 5 years later, I’m in a great relationship, and I’ve been able to go back to school earning A’s in my classes. People like me again. I did try to go off of the medication last year with the help of my doctor to see if having children would be possible. We have to do more homework on our options because I was only able to stay off for 6 months after the taper. For me, I’m very thankful for this medication. Yes, I gained 20 pounds, but that isn’t terrible when I consider that I’m no longer hurting the people who care about me.”

IchigoKurosaki · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 25, 2020

For Schizoaffective Disorder: “I have taken this drug Invega Sustenna for a few years and while it did help to stabilize my mood, It completely got rid of my sex drive and sperm production. I will no longer be taking this horrible abomination of a drug and will instead rely on people who I am close to for support. P.S. On a side note, Now that I have been off this medication for a few months I have noticed my sex drive is back!”

NK November 18, 2019

For Schizoaffective Disorder: “At first it didn't seem that bad taking invega. I got the shot once a month. I was in the psych ward for paranoia and delusions. Hallucinations had subsided. They told me they would hold me at the V.A. for four months if I didn't take the shot. They used psychological manipulation to get me to "agree." Six months later I'm 60 lbs overweight, depressed, and tired beyond belief. All I want to do is lay down and close my eyes. Today I woke up about 11:00 am, got out of bed for an hour, went and laid back down till about 4 pm, then got up to make myself something to eat, then laid down till 6, got up for another hour then right back to bed. This is my daily routine on this nightmarish drug. I'm taking one class in school and can't afford to withdraw off of it right now, but in a month I will graduate and finally get off this terrible drug forever. It makes me want to do nothing in life nor could I work taking this medication. It has ruined a year of my life. I'd rather have symptoms.”

Morkovkay · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 29, 2020

For Schizoaffective Disorder: “While the Invega Sustenna negated my psychosis, I have experienced anhedonia and lactation due to raised prolactin levels. I can't enjoy music, or anything else for that matter. I also now have a tic where I have to move my mouth, I don't know if it's medication related. I get my period once every three months and have lowered sexual pleasure. I feel like this drug took any enjoyment out of life and I'd rather be on something else as my symptoms are not severe and Invega not good”

cat · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 11, 2021

For Schizophrenia: “DON'T GIVE UP. I have autism asperger's ADHD PTSD OCD. I am an artistic recluse with an IQ in the top 1% . I am terrified of doctors nurses + hospitals I was sleepy + tearful. They noted two facts and said I was delusional and deprived me of my freedom. I had 2 injections without a formal diagnosis. The 1st caused anxiety, depression, insomnia, agitation + hyper vigilance. My second in my arm caused extreme pain in neck, slurred speech, frequent drooling, constant pain at base of skull, blood in urine, swelling of ankles and face, extreme physical fatigue and sleeping 15 hours a day. I forgot what I was saying, was unable to spell and was curled in a ball shaking with fear. And a few months ago I wanted to swim out into the ocean at sunrise .. BUT ..i read these stories + knew i just had to wait. I did everything I should as a discipline. I ate though I had to force the food down. I cried for the person I knew I had been - optimistic + resilient + creative + productive. It destroyed me beyond repair . I may never trust a human being again.”