User Reviews for Invega Sustenna

Schizoaffective Disorder
5.6

Summary of Invega Sustenna reviews 5.4 45 reviews

Reviews for Invega Sustenna

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I feel like this medication has ruined my life completely because I ended up gaining weight, having pre diabetes, and not having my period for 2 years. My biggest concern is am I gonna be able to have children when I get older. I decided that I rather stop taking this medication because it can ruin your future."

Anonymoys1234 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 7, 2018

For Schizophrenia "I find the drug makes me calm/relaxed.. but I have the most severe insomnia. I've gone 7 weeks without much sleep and have 0 energy or motivation. This drug has basically ruined my life and turned me into a stay at home vegetable with no future. Gonna switch to abilify and hopefully have a life back and good healthy sleep back"

Strippedofliberty (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Well now I now know why they call psychiatrist "shrinks". I have been on this drug for years. I have tried taking vitamins and eating healthy to stay well and still gained 50 pounds. I have far too many headaches and sleep all day. I think they finally did it - they shrunk my brain!"

El (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 19, 2018

For Schizophrenia "Invega sustenna is gross. It blocks dopamine in the brain. So causes a long list of side effects. This drug is a gimmick it has no therapeutic value whatsoever. I think I threw up over a dozen times!"

Kiwi (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 18, 2018

"Invega tortured me. My life was ruined. The drs (lowercase on purpose) will never admit the side effects greatly outweigh the benefits (there are none). It is a chemical lobotomy. It helps the same way getting part of your brain taken our helps with the symptoms. Severe akathisia, low testosterone for four months, feeling like muscles are dying (they shrunk a ton), fat gain, high prolactin, destroyed my metabolism, impulsive outbursts. My dr didn't even know the half life was as long as it was. It stays in your system for ages. There are so many tales of misdiagnosis. If you life in a state where they can force you to continue the torture at home then I recommend you submit a daily vlog"

Theo May 11, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I hated this injection."

Realgenius (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 3, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Gained 65lbs in about two years but it stops the poltergeist."

Golog (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 5, 2018

"Blood clots. Bulging vein/ blockage"

Anonymous March 15, 2018

For Schizophrenia "Warning: this shot will destroy your life. I only had 1 shot, the 234 mg. I dropped out of school, became depressed. It's been 3 years and I still suffer from absence of emotion. It doesn't sound like much but trust me, life becomes empty without emotions. In some cultures, hallucinations are a sign from beyond. People that can hear or see things will often become shamans, medicine men, or healers. I highly reccommend meditation, and/or seeing someone that is an energy healer."

Invega_ruined_me February 28, 2018

For Schizophrenia "This medicine helped stop me talking to two women."

Anonymous February 28, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I have been on 156mg injections for the past year. Yes, there is weight gain, and its from over-eating because the drug makes you very hungry even shortly after eating. That was the only bad for me. Otherwise it gives me a calm reflective mind, and no symptoms from my illness. I am hoping to get my appetite under control through discipline. If you exercise and eat intelligently I am sure there would be no weight gain, but do be warned: you will be much more hungry than usual. Overall its the best anti-psychotic I've tried though, and that includes Risperdal, Abilify and Haliperidol (the worst one by far.) Compared to Risperdal, it is just as effective but with fewer side effects. I feel like less of a zombie."

Lochness Monster February 21, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Cons: Invega increased my "PROLACTIN hormone" 5 times more than the maximum level. Thus, I lost my menstrual cycle for more than one year, sexual dysfunction, depression, sleep disturbances, etc... This drug also lowered my metabolism. As a result, I experienced food coma (falling deep sleep) after eating food. It also increased my blood sugar. I gained 20 kg in 8 months. Tremor was another side effect of invega. I was on 100 mg injection. BUT, I had no delusion with it !"

Eli F (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 17, 2018

For Schizophrenia "So I've been on this medication since 2014. Diagnosed with schizophrenia back in 2011 when I told doctors I was visited by spirits at a young age. They didn't believe me though I swear on my life it is true. Anyway, I was on 150mg. Had the worst side effects you could imagine. Very high prolactin levels, lactating from my breasts, amenorrhoea, absolutely no motivation at all, pretty much glued to my bed & phone. So they adjusted my dose twice & now I am feeling a bit better. Not a lot better though I would say. They say that a schizophrenia diagnosis is something you deal with for life so I would be careful what you tell your doctors. You could be on medication for life."

h0m39url (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 8, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I dont know why they started me on 156 mgs but I couldn't think straight on such a high of a dose and I was sleeping 16 hours a day. Zero libido, dizzy spells, acne, plus 50 pounds weight gain. I lowered my injection 3 times to now 39 mgs, the lowest dose. Less acne, still fat, still zero libido but, less dizzy. The benefit was that I have zero delusions."

DanaAnastasia (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 7, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "This is the worst possible nightmare of a drug. I was injected with one 234 mg dose and never took the 2nd shot or 156 mg because I felt so horrible. I was so miserable I wanted to die. I had no emotion, no imagination, no memory, and no initiative. I disappeared into a dark hole for months. It took 6 months before I started to feel any better. It took about 2 1/2 years before I felt like I was anywhere near back to normal. Don't let anyone inject you with this poison. You will regret it."

day2play January 30, 2018

For Schizophrenia "I have a loved one who had a very long period (over 7 years) where she was unmedicated with active frightening visual and auditory hallucinations before she was able to receive help. After a 4 month hospitalization and oral antipsychotics including Zyprexa she was still totally delusional. After starting community based treatment she was started on Invega Sustana and within 2 months she was better than she has been in over 10 years. I was able to see glimpses of who she was before her brain disorder took over her life. She thinks that the shots are like water and they do nothing. Anosognosia (lack of insight) is a very difficult issue with her so I am beyond pleased this medications ability to improve my love ones life."

just another cog (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 25, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Best medication if you get the right dose that works for you. I went from being miserable on this drug to “this is the best medication I’ve ever been on”. It only took 8 years with trial and error and giving this med another try. I still can’t do as much as I could before the illness set in, but my motivation and joy have returned. I never thought recovery was going to be possible, now filled with hope for the future. Don’t give up it’s worth the fight!"

Triedagain (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 18, 2018

For Schizophrenia "Absolutely amazing. Made me back to normal, before I took the invega shot I had extreme paranoia thinking people wanted to kill me, thought the government was purposely making it hard for me not to be homeless and literally thought my life was like the Truman show at some points and that everyone was actors around me, and wanted to kill me, literally within a day after taking this my life had changed and I became myself again before all the medication started."

Sam_mig1 December 26, 2017

For Schizophrenia "I was going through thyroid storm because I had taken liquid iodine with thyroid pills. At the time I was having a episode... and forced treatment against my will. The doctor told me that it was the only drug I could take and coerced me into taking it. 432 mg shot that was nearly the twice the max dose. I didn't like it because before I was on a dopamine 2 and not dopamine 3 antagonist like this drug does. Absolute crap! Before the episode I was healthy able to run 10k in under 40 minutes on Seroquel xr.... and now I'm dealing with withdrawals and high inflammation that was .7 now 4.3 because of stupid shot. It'll make you not able to think or do your job. You'll lose interest in things like working out and being healthy. The drug is rubbish!!"

Voice hearer (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 29, 2017

For Schizophrenia "Well I have been on this medication for some time now. It has helped me with the voices but to be honest you do sleep a lot and that's the only constant this medication has. It makes you eat a lot and as far as sex drive goes lol I won't talk about it. I think that it depends on who you are around to make you feel depressed you have to keep in mind that it's a serious disease but with medication it can be manageable. And if you are getting too fat exercise. You will get the weight off. Keep positive people and remember the struggle is never done we may always have a stigma put on us or a label put on us but prove the enemy wrong. Be the best you can be and shine bright like a diamond. And remember god loves u"

PhlebAqs October 18, 2017

For Schizophrenia "Okay let me get started. Every social worker, psychologist, and mental health doctor shouldn't prescribe this drug to anyone. It is harmful in so many ways. I took it for 1-2 years because they said: I had said that I had bad schizophrenia. I did not have bad anything except a drug issue- which they already knew as they had tested my urine, but they didn't take that into consideration. If you take this drug you will sleep away your life. You will lose you train of thought every 5 sentences. You will probably 75% chance to lose your job in a fast pace environment. When you take this drug you will lose muscles, goals, and cause you too get depressed. "

Jacob Frances Carlyle (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 14, 2017

For Schizoaffective Disorder "This is the most effective medicine I've ever been on for not only the psychosis, but for the depressive symptoms too. The only slight problem I have is that it seems to wear off the week before I get my next shot, but that's and easy fix by getting the injections closer to around every three weeks instead of every four."

Cainin September 5, 2017

For Schizophrenia "My symptoms are so much better with Invega Sustenna."

Rexal August 2, 2017

For Schizophrenia "I've been taking invega (all forms) since 2011. I have to say it is a god send. Risperdal and abilify gave me sexual dysfunction. This at least allows me to get an erection. It's done a great job at controlling my positive symptoms of schizophrenia. The voices are dulled down to the point of single sentences and like only 1-4 times a day so it's a lot more managable in day to day life. Started on sustenna, went on the tablets and now on Trinza. All versions work very well for me. This medication is the metabolite form of risperdal and it's a god send. It's easier on the liver and I highly recommend sustenna and Trinza as the form to take for schizophrenia/schizoaffective!"

MillerMillion (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 18, 2017

For Schizophrenia "Before my psychotic break that turned into a delusional police chase I was manic, terribly delusional, thought the devil was everywhere I went, thought people were after me, thought devil controlled electronics and the internet. Just too many bad symptoms and after receiving invega injection I've been told that I was more outgoing, and had absolutely no symptoms. But the side effects sucks such as high prolactin levels which resulted in low testosterone, anhedonia, and lower emotions"

Tonyt3 June 3, 2017