User Reviews for Invega Sustenna

Learn more about Invega Sustenna.

Schizophrenia 17 reviews 42 medications

Schizoaffective Disorder 9 reviews 27 medications

6.1
Summary of Invega Sustenna reviews 26 reviews 6.6

Reviews for Invega Sustenna

For Schizoaffective Disorder "This is the most effective medicine I've ever been on for not only the psychosis, but for the depressive symptoms too. The only slight problem I have is that it seems to wear off the week before I get my next shot, but that's and easy fix by getting the injections closer to around every three weeks instead of every four."

Cainin September 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "My symptoms are so much better with Invega Sustenna."

Rexal August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "I've been taking invega (all forms) since 2011. I have to say it is a god send. Risperdal and abilify gave me sexual dysfunction. This at least allows me to get an erection. It's done a great job at controlling my positive symptoms of schizophrenia. The voices are dulled down to the point of single sentences and like only 1-4 times a day so it's a lot more managable in day to day life. Started on sustenna, went on the tablets and now on Trinza. All versions work very well for me. This medication is the metabolite form of risperdal and it's a god send. It's easier on the liver and I highly recommend sustenna and Trinza as the form to take for schizophrenia/schizoaffective!"

MillerMillion (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "Before my psychotic break that turned into a delusional police chase I was manic, terribly delusional, thought the devil was everywhere I went, thought people were after me, thought devil controlled electronics and the internet. Just too many bad symptoms and after receiving invega injection I've been told that I was more outgoing, and had absolutely no symptoms. But the side effects sucks such as high prolactin levels which resulted in low testosterone, anhedonia, and lower emotions"

Tonyt3 June 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "Hi folks. Have been on Vega inj. For 2months. Most hallucinations, auditory, visual, and mental gone. Has been a game changer for me as my life was completely unmanageable before. Still not leaving home much and have gained a few pounds nothing to drastic but it beats having conversations with people only I can see and not having a choice about it. Also my insurance wouldn't cover it, it's about $2000usd for 1month inj. Thanks, hope this helps."

Healed (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "The side effects are devastating for me."

jimjimjim (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Took just one 156mg a month ago (33 days). I was given this by force to control my irritability. I was misdiagnosed as my irritation is caused by a physical condition that I kept mentioning to the Drs who did not listen, and said I had mood swings. Unable to get sore from workouts. Have lost muscle tone. Loss of strength and stamina. Constant sore throat and thirst. 0 sexual interest and completely impotent. Heavy increase in urination. Have occasional feeling of tight band around head after slight arousal. Rarely some left ab pain. Blood ast & alt lvls increased by 30 points I have noticed my 15 inch arms shrink to 13 inches in just a month. I cannot exercise or pick up weights all. I am not getting even slightly sore from intense work."

Million dollar January 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I have been on this medication overy a year now and it has done wonderful things for me. Before I was on it I had my first episode and was in and out of the hospital 4 times in 5 months trying different medications and being unstable. Now I'm going back to school and I have no symptoms. Side effects are minimal, a little tired the day or two after the shot and I've gained 15 pounds or so not too bad. This medication gave me my life back. I just hope my new insurance will cover it."

Nickname27 December 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "My side effect was like no other side effect I have had. I was leaning to the left no matter what I was doing. Sitting, standing, walking, even driving a car, My 3 boys revoked my license. I really was okay and thankful to them. I am and have been going to a pain clinic for many years because of my back. It only made my back hurt more. Free of mental pain? Free of physical pain? Physical won!! My family doctor figured it out. So I guess just watch for anything different, Because if there was any good, the bad took it away. That is my opinions, It hurt me more than it helped me, I am very to see how many received help and relief from it."

cnoble (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "this medication is the best anti psychotic i ever took, i'm getting the shot 244 mg, and the delusions and hallucinations are under control, this medicine is a life saver. the side effects i experience is anxiety and weight but overall it's a great medicine."

jodubz (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "This medication is weird , it basically shuts down your brain, you will become a zombie after this medication, gained 100 lbs , stabilizes mood and so expensive."

Ross5554444 September 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICINE. I had one shot of invega two years ago. I have quit my jobs, dropped out of school, and hate myself. I now suffer irregular muscle movements, inability to resensitize(process new information), hypertension, and slow metabolism. Don't take this medication. Don't take this medication. Don't take this medication. Do not take this medication. If you don't believe me then search keep searching invega sustenna reviews. Thousands of negative reviews."

Invega is hell (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Before i was on this injection i was taking up to 7 pills a day and lucky me i had a good social worker and nurse who talked to my doctor to find something better too for me to take i was having episode and tripping out like i was in the spirit world tvs were talking to me and people were turning in too demons but after takeing this medicine it clears my mind and keeps me sane i have quit my medication a couple of times but the episodes come back this medicine is really good i did gain weight but rideing my bike too school helps the longer you stay on this medicine the better it works i find but i was always getting head akes i thought it was the medication but really i just needed glasses the medicine works i get it in my arm"

newk3 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 5, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "Clears the mind of weird thoughts, delusions and hallucinations. Weight gain has been noted as well as a general feeling of restlessness and drowsiness. I'm always on slow-motion and need to think things twice or 3 times. Still better than having conversations with dead people or thinking my brain can see in the future... by the way, DON'T try quitting this drug cold turkey. It's a recipe for disaster."

Charles120 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I was on this medicine for a little over a year and I gained almost 100 pounds. I slept all the time and my emotions felt numb."

Arinalicia (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 14, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "Gained weight. Too much. Fear of cholesterol and diabetes. Less work. Lost a girlfriend."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 28, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "My wife has suffered from late onset schizophrenia with severe positive symptoms for over 10 years. She started Invega Sustena treatment (monthly injection) a year ago and has made dramatic improvements. All of her positive symptoms have gone away. Residual negative symptoms remain but is now manageable with talk therapy. The injection method helps with compliance as daily pills are difficult to maintain and easy to discontinue. This is a wonder drug..."

Invega (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Would be an absolutely perfect drug without the side effects. Constant tiredness and dizziness makes it almost impossible to work. It definitely has high effects on motor skills and sexual ability. But, hallucinations and delusions are gone. No more voices, and paranoid thoughts after only a month. It's a good drug if you want to sleep all day."

BIbijoseph December 17, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizoaffective Disorder "alot of issues with this medication: extreme bloating, weight gain and hunger. pain in abdomen, gurgling sounds in abdomen area, burping and belching after every single meal, which normally never occurred with me. Dizziness almost all the time, extreme headaches, EXTREME muscle stiffness and much difficulty walking and doing daily activities. Sweating for no apparent reason. Insomnia."

anonymous5000 June 7, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "My daughter had the injection this month.It stopped her psychosis, still a little paranoia. The first ten days severe pain in neck. Also some dizziness still and balance problems she says. She took cogentin for neck. Some relief from the neck now. Another issue from blood test is high prolactin level. We will be seeing her Dr this week .Dont know if side effects worth it"

pazmataz (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I have being on Invega Sustenna now for 4 month. It has been great medication but I started to have facial movement small, but I'm afraid it might increase. I will ask my doctor to reduce the dosage so I might not have side effect."

mimi98 January 22, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Wow this is like a miracle for me. More free space in my head than ever before, easy to think straight, increased motivation to look after myself, no paranoia. Overall I have found this fantastic. Was on Seroquel and have lost a few kgs already since swapping to Invega! Yay."

PixelPop (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "Very high smoking sensation, weight gain, tiredness, and insomnia. But its the best antipsychotic med for me."

Doterdot August 4, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "I have been on Invega for 5 months now and it has significantly improved my quality of living. Prior to the shot I was on numerous antipsychotics and would begin to stop taking the pills and go into relapse with symptoms. I'm not on the shot and auditory and visual hallucinations and paranoia have decreased dramatically. I like that it is a monthly shot and it cuts down remembering (or wanting) to take a pill once or twice a day."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2014

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "I found this medication to cause side effects of swaying while standing up & sometimes rocking back and forth whilst sitting down. Because this is taken monthly I am on 150mg, towards the end of the month I became unwell and psychotic symptoms reoccurred. Delusional thoughts mainly. I am now going to try Abilify and hope I don't have bad side effects but I know that without my medication I would relapse. "

delucz89 January 13, 2014