User Reviews for Invega Sustenna

Learn more about Invega Sustenna.

Schizophrenia 9 reviews 42 medications

7.8
Schizoaffective Disorder 6 reviews 28 medications

5.8
Summary of Invega Sustenna reviews 15 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Invega Sustenna

"DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICINE. I had one shot of invega two years ago. I have quit my jobs, dropped out of school, and hate myself. I now suffer irregular muscle movements, inability to resensitize(process new information), hypertension, and slow metabolism. Don't take this medication. Don't take this medication. Don't take this medication. Do not take this medication. If you don't believe me then search keep searching invega sustenna reviews. Thousands of negative reviews."

Invega is hell (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2016

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Before i was on this injection i was taking up to 7 pills a day and lucky me i had a good social worker and nurse who talked to my doctor to find something better too for me to take i was having episode and tripping out like i was in the spirit world tvs were talking to me and people were turning in too demons but after takeing this medicine it clears my mind and keeps me sane i have quit my medication a couple of times but the episodes come back this medicine is really good i did gain weight but rideing my bike too school helps the longer you stay on this medicine the better it works i find but i was always getting head akes i thought it was the medication but really i just needed glasses the medicine works i get it in my arm"

newk3 (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 5, 2016

For Schizophrenia "Clears the mind of weird thoughts, delusions and hallucinations. Weight gain has been noted as well as a general feeling of restlessness and drowsiness. I'm always on slow-motion and need to think things twice or 3 times. Still better than having conversations with dead people or thinking my brain can see in the future... by the way, DON'T try quitting this drug cold turkey. It's a recipe for disaster."

Charles120 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2016

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I was on this medicine for a little over a year and I gained almost 100 pounds. I slept all the time and my emotions felt numb."

Arinalicia (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 14, 2016

For Schizophrenia "Gained weight. Too much. Fear of cholesterol and diabetes. Less work. Lost a girlfriend."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 28, 2016

For Schizophrenia "My wife has suffered from late onset schizophrenia with severe positive symptoms for over 10 years. She started Invega Sustena treatment (monthly injection) a year ago and has made dramatic improvements. All of her positive symptoms have gone away. Residual negative symptoms remain but is now manageable with talk therapy. The injection method helps with compliance as daily pills are difficult to maintain and easy to discontinue. This is a wonder drug..."

Invega (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 21, 2016

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Would be an absolutely perfect drug without the side effects. Constant tiredness and dizziness makes it almost impossible to work. It definitely has high effects on motor skills and sexual ability. But, hallucinations and delusions are gone. No more voices, and paranoid thoughts after only a month. It's a good drug if you want to sleep all day."

BIbijoseph December 17, 2015

For Schizoaffective Disorder "alot of issues with this medication: extreme bloating, weight gain and hunger. pain in abdomen, gurgling sounds in abdomen area, burping and belching after every single meal, which normally never occurred with me. Dizziness almost all the time, extreme headaches, EXTREME muscle stiffness and much difficulty walking and doing daily activities. Sweating for no apparent reason. Insomnia."

anonymous5000 June 7, 2015

For Schizophrenia "My daughter had the injection this month.It stopped her psychosis, still a little paranoia. The first ten days severe pain in neck. Also some dizziness still and balance problems she says. She took cogentin for neck. Some relief from the neck now. Another issue from blood test is high prolactin level. We will be seeing her Dr this week .Dont know if side effects worth it"

pazmataz (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2015

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I have being on Invega Sustenna now for 4 month. It has been great medication but I started to have facial movement small, but I'm afraid it might increase. I will ask my doctor to reduce the dosage so I might not have side effect."

mimi98 January 22, 2015

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Wow this is like a miracle for me. More free space in my head than ever before, easy to think straight, increased motivation to look after myself, no paranoia. Overall I have found this fantastic. Was on Seroquel and have lost a few kgs already since swapping to Invega! Yay."

PixelPop (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2015

For Schizophrenia "Very high smoking sensation, weight gain, tiredness, and insomnia. But its the best antipsychotic med for me."

Doterdot August 4, 2014

For Schizophrenia "I have been on Invega for 5 months now and it has significantly improved my quality of living. Prior to the shot I was on numerous antipsychotics and would begin to stop taking the pills and go into relapse with symptoms. I'm not on the shot and auditory and visual hallucinations and paranoia have decreased dramatically. I like that it is a monthly shot and it cuts down remembering (or wanting) to take a pill once or twice a day."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2014

For Schizophrenia "I found this medication to cause side effects of swaying while standing up & sometimes rocking back and forth whilst sitting down. Because this is taken monthly I am on 150mg, towards the end of the month I became unwell and psychotic symptoms reoccurred. Delusional thoughts mainly. I am now going to try Abilify and hope I don't have bad side effects but I know that without my medication I would relapse. "

delucz89 January 13, 2014

For Schizophrenia "Invega is working great on auditory symptoms and no lethargy noted. I have noted some of the adverse side effects after the first dose: sudden weight gain, indigestion, pain at injection site and sore throat. In addition to these there has been increasing facial and abdominal bloating, I am concerned but there is no other medicine I am aware of at this time and the doctor feels the benefit outweighs the side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2012

"I think this medicine is awesome! I've personally struggled with hearing voices since age 17 and visions since age 20. I have been on psychotropic medications since age 14, all different types. From age 19 I have been taking the Risperdal Consta injection until 2 months ago when I started the Invega Sustena injection. The voices and visions are completely gone. And, I'm alot more alert than I was on Risperdal Consta injection."

Anonymous January 17, 2011

For Schizophrenia "This medication is Great."

OnOnOnOn November 3, 2010