User Reviews for Invega Sustenna

Schizoaffective Disorder
4.7

Summary of Invega Sustenna reviews 4.8 56 reviews

Reviews for Invega Sustenna

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Been a week since the first 250 mg injection of Invega sustenna. Arm hurt really bad for a few days and was kind of tired and felt like head under water, but as the week went on that fog lifted and so did the pain. Still have some noise in my head but can usually tell reality from fiction. Go back this week for 135 mg booster.. hopefully no pain this time and no head under water feeling."

Juno666 (taken for less than 1 month) December 2, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Update: it’s been almost a week since my first shot of Invega. Here is my assessment. After a day or two very sore arm where injection happened. Been very sleepy and lethargic but body couldn’t sit still. Very vivid dreams. Also I haven’t had much let up in my delusions, voices, or mania. It’s just right now I don’t have the energy to do much about them. Due for next shot in 3 days. I’m finally starting to not feel as tired and arm is starting to not be as sore, but not 100% yet. Hoping this next shot will help with the above mentioned things (mania, paranoia etc). I’ll keep you updated."

Juno666 (taken for less than 1 month) November 30, 2018

"I took this injection for 5 years and it was the most pain I've ever experienced. I had to get a legal assistant and do a review panel to get off the injection and I won. I've been off it for 4.5 months now and still laying in bed all day with extreme pain. They should stop giving this medication, make it illegal and give money back for time lost at work and extreme pain! Rips me off because I have great parents and love my family so what's going on? I so thankful I'm off it now and feeling a bit better so hoping I get healthy and happy again! Don't take it it's poison....!!"

Bryan1984 (taken for 2 to 5 years) November 9, 2018

For Schizophrenia "Invega Sustenna was a horrible experience for me. This medication caused me to gain 20-30 pounds. It stopped my monthly cycles. I was also not able to experience sexual pleasure. This medication ruins lives."

Strawberrylemonade (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 5, 2018

For Schizophrenia "I've been taking invega sustenna for a little over a year now and for the majority of that year I had absolutely no positive or negative symptoms. Recently though, the paranoia a slight delusions have started to creep back into my mind. My psychiatrist upped my dose to 234 mg and now I can't stop eating and I'm hungry all the time. I already had a binge eating disorder but now it's infinitely worse. Also, the newer symptoms are still there. We're currently trying metformin to help with my appetite but so far it's doing absolutely nothing. I'm now thinking that I want to try switching to ziprasidone. It's supposed to be really good with weight management, but I'm worried it might not be as effective with my mental symptoms? I can't freak out because I'm working and going to school now. Back to invega though, I guess I can thank this medication for giving me my life back and making it so I can function in society. But I can't handle the weight gain..."

molatoLjones (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 10, 2018

For Schizophrenia "Gained over 30 lbs on this medication even though I'm eating less and I've cut out sugar from my diet. What's even more depressing is that even though I'm heavier I'm actually weaker than I've been when I was skinny and off meds. Also when I skip my injection for a week I'm hitting threes and long two's like it's nothing on the basketball court, while on the medication there's no point in going to the court. Also the results of treatment are suboptimal: I don't have friends, during 6 years of treatment I've never been on a date (which probably also has something to do with poor sexual functioning while on the medication), I stay at home all the time, am unemployed and gained the status of a disabled person. However when on the medication I don't have positive symptoms like thought broadcasting. I'm seriously considering switching the medication, I'm depressed, desperate, feel awful all the time and can't do it anymore."

kodein (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 30, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I had five shots of this, I have no more interest in anything, no emotions, no motivation, no sex drive, no more sperm, and now I have huge man boobs."

Ruined man (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 29, 2018

For Schizophrenia "It works! but you have to want it too. Mental illness is an illness of the brain. The mind.. So you have to couple your taking of available meds and therapy. You have to change the way your mind works and thinks. Think on purpose for up to an hour a day by repeating a phrase or quote such as if you're a voice hearer repeat up to an hour a day (I cannot hear voices, they aren't real) x repeat. Fish oil, good sleep, eat healthy and exercise every other day. Look after yourself and work your thought life out. I have schizophrenia, Bi-Polar and depression and hold 2 small businesses that I run for most of my work-week (Music Studio owner operator and Stock Market Trader) I've had schizophrenia for 14 years and for 7 of those years ran a highly successful business where I used to live (talking 7 figures) EAT healthy! THINK right, Exercise AND Do what you know you should! positive positive positive. you CAN do this!"

Ferv September 9, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I have been on Invega 234 injection for over 7 months. I do the injection every 3 weeks. It has helped with the auditory and visual hallucinations but unsure of the mood effects. Definitely more depressed and my anxiety has gotten much worse, but after I get the shot it seems to get better. I have been hospitalized every month with multiple, depressive problem after taking this medication and am now convinced that it is possible that this medication could be the cause. I am now going to try to figure out if this medication is worth being on or whether I should stay on it."

CrazyAuntie (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 21, 2018

For Schizophrenia "This medication gave me a stroke at the age of 25"

Jarod July 15, 2018

"I was mistreated with invega when I got sent to a hospital for having a manic episode due to taking over the counter pills that had caused me not to sleep for 3 days . It has completely taken away my personality, who I am as a person , my social life , my sex drive , it feels like a huge piece of me is missing and I will never get it back . DON'T let anyone inject you with this "

Brando July 11, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Total failure. No sex drive and impotent, no emotions, no thoughts. complete zombie, don't let them inject you with this poison"

Joepert (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I was admitted to the hospital for depression. But they gave me the invega sustenna 234 injection. My mouth became totally numb for 2 months. I could not swallow any solid food. I could not properly talk for 2 full months. Only lived on liquids. Had no energy in my body at all. Only slept & lied down 24 hours. Had no energy even to open the medication bottle. Really felt horrible inside. Felt muscle locks. Literally lived like a zombie for 2 months. Had extreme anxiety & suicidal thoughts. My teeth have moved permanently. Can’t bite or chew the same way anymore. 4 months later I still don’t feel normal. I feel this injection has ruined my life permanently. I feel there is something wrong with my body organs. I can’t make anybody understand that I just don’t feel normal anymore. I feel chills in my body. Hard to get up in the morning for work. Feel extremely fatigue & depressed. I actually have more issues than what I just described."

Dip June 13, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I feel like this medication has ruined my life completely because I ended up gaining weight, having pre diabetes, and not having my period for 2 years. My biggest concern is am I gonna be able to have children when I get older. I decided that I rather stop taking this medication because it can ruin your future."

Anonymoys1234 (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 7, 2018

For Schizophrenia "I find the drug makes me calm/relaxed.. but I have the most severe insomnia. I've gone 7 weeks without much sleep and have 0 energy or motivation. This drug has basically ruined my life and turned me into a stay at home vegetable with no future. Gonna switch to abilify and hopefully have a life back and good healthy sleep back"

Strippedofliberty (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 29, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Well now I now know why they call psychiatrist "shrinks". I have been on this drug for years. I have tried taking vitamins and eating healthy to stay well and still gained 50 pounds. I have far too many headaches and sleep all day. I think they finally did it - they shrunk my brain!"

El (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 19, 2018

For Schizophrenia "Invega sustenna is gross. It blocks dopamine in the brain. So causes a long list of side effects. This drug is a gimmick it has no therapeutic value whatsoever. I think I threw up over a dozen times!"

Kiwi (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 18, 2018

"Invega tortured me. My life was ruined. The drs (lowercase on purpose) will never admit the side effects greatly outweigh the benefits (there are none). It is a chemical lobotomy. It helps the same way getting part of your brain taken our helps with the symptoms. Severe akathisia, low testosterone for four months, feeling like muscles are dying (they shrunk a ton), fat gain, high prolactin, destroyed my metabolism, impulsive outbursts. My dr didn't even know the half life was as long as it was. It stays in your system for ages. There are so many tales of misdiagnosis. If you life in a state where they can force you to continue the torture at home then I recommend you submit a daily vlog"

Theo May 11, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I hated this injection."

Realgenius (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 3, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Gained 65lbs in about two years but it stops the poltergeist."

Golog (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 5, 2018

"Blood clots. Bulging vein/ blockage"

Anonymous March 15, 2018

For Schizophrenia "Warning: this shot will destroy your life. I only had 1 shot, the 234 mg. I dropped out of school, became depressed. It's been 3 years and I still suffer from absence of emotion. It doesn't sound like much but trust me, life becomes empty without emotions. In some cultures, hallucinations are a sign from beyond. People that can hear or see things will often become shamans, medicine men, or healers. I highly reccommend meditation, and/or seeing someone that is an energy healer."

Invega_ruined_me February 28, 2018

For Schizophrenia "This medicine helped stop me talking to two women."

Anonymous February 28, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I have been on 156mg injections for the past year. Yes, there is weight gain, and its from over-eating because the drug makes you very hungry even shortly after eating. That was the only bad for me. Otherwise it gives me a calm reflective mind, and no symptoms from my illness. I am hoping to get my appetite under control through discipline. If you exercise and eat intelligently I am sure there would be no weight gain, but do be warned: you will be much more hungry than usual. Overall its the best anti-psychotic I've tried though, and that includes Risperdal, Abilify and Haliperidol (the worst one by far.) Compared to Risperdal, it is just as effective but with fewer side effects. I feel like less of a zombie."

Lochness Monster February 21, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Cons: Invega increased my "PROLACTIN hormone" 5 times more than the maximum level. Thus, I lost my menstrual cycle for more than one year, sexual dysfunction, depression, sleep disturbances, etc... This drug also lowered my metabolism. As a result, I experienced food coma (falling deep sleep) after eating food. It also increased my blood sugar. I gained 20 kg in 8 months. Tremor was another side effect of invega. I was on 100 mg injection. BUT, I had no delusion with it !"

Eli F (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 17, 2018