User Reviews for Invega Sustenna

Learn more about Invega Sustenna.

Invega Sustenna Rating Summary

7.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 86 medications used in the treatment of Schizophrenia.

Reviews for Invega Sustenna to treat Schizophrenia

"My side effect was like no other side effect I have had. I was leaning to the left no matter what I was doing. Sitting, standing, walking, even driving a car, My 3 boys revoked my license. I really was okay and thankful to them. I am and have been going to a pain clinic for many years because of my back. It only made my back hurt more. Free of mental pain? Free of physical pain? Physical won!! My family doctor figured it out. So I guess just watch for anything different, Because if there was any good, the bad took it away. That is my opinions, It hurt me more than it helped me, I am very to see how many received help and relief from it."

cnoble (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 15, 2016

"this medication is the best anti psychotic i ever took, i'm getting the shot 244 mg, and the delusions and hallucinations are under control, this medicine is a life saver. the side effects i experience is anxiety and weight but overall it's a great medicine."

jodubz (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2016

"This medication is weird , it basically shuts down your brain, you will become a zombie after this medication, gained 100 lbs , stabilizes mood and so expensive."

Ross5554444 September 7, 2016

"Clears the mind of weird thoughts, delusions and hallucinations. Weight gain has been noted as well as a general feeling of restlessness and drowsiness. I'm always on slow-motion and need to think things twice or 3 times. Still better than having conversations with dead people or thinking my brain can see in the future... by the way, DON'T try quitting this drug cold turkey. It's a recipe for disaster."

Charles120 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2016

"Gained weight. Too much. Fear of cholesterol and diabetes. Less work. Lost a girlfriend."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 28, 2016

"My wife has suffered from late onset schizophrenia with severe positive symptoms for over 10 years. She started Invega Sustena treatment (monthly injection) a year ago and has made dramatic improvements. All of her positive symptoms have gone away. Residual negative symptoms remain but is now manageable with talk therapy. The injection method helps with compliance as daily pills are difficult to maintain and easy to discontinue. This is a wonder drug..."

Invega (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 21, 2016

"My daughter had the injection this month.It stopped her psychosis, still a little paranoia. The first ten days severe pain in neck. Also some dizziness still and balance problems she says. She took cogentin for neck. Some relief from the neck now. Another issue from blood test is high prolactin level. We will be seeing her Dr this week .Dont know if side effects worth it"

pazmataz (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2015

"Very high smoking sensation, weight gain, tiredness, and insomnia. But its the best antipsychotic med for me."

Doterdot August 4, 2014

"I have been on Invega for 5 months now and it has significantly improved my quality of living. Prior to the shot I was on numerous antipsychotics and would begin to stop taking the pills and go into relapse with symptoms. I'm not on the shot and auditory and visual hallucinations and paranoia have decreased dramatically. I like that it is a monthly shot and it cuts down remembering (or wanting) to take a pill once or twice a day."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2014

"I found this medication to cause side effects of swaying while standing up & sometimes rocking back and forth whilst sitting down. Because this is taken monthly I am on 150mg, towards the end of the month I became unwell and psychotic symptoms reoccurred. Delusional thoughts mainly. I am now going to try Abilify and hope I don't have bad side effects but I know that without my medication I would relapse. "

delucz89 January 13, 2014

"Invega is working great on auditory symptoms and no lethargy noted. I have noted some of the adverse side effects after the first dose: sudden weight gain, indigestion, pain at injection site and sore throat. In addition to these there has been increasing facial and abdominal bloating, I am concerned but there is no other medicine I am aware of at this time and the doctor feels the benefit outweighs the side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2012

"This medication is Great."

OnOnOnOn November 3, 2010