User Reviews for Invega Sustenna

Invega Sustenna Rating Summary

6.1/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 82 medications used in the treatment of Schizophrenia.

Reviews for Invega Sustenna to treat Schizophrenia

"Invega sustenna is gross. It blocks dopamine in the brain. So causes a long list of side effects. This drug is a gimmick it has no therapeutic value whatsoever. I think I threw up over a dozen times!"

Kiwi (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 18, 2018

"Warning: this shot will destroy your life. I only had 1 shot, the 234 mg. I dropped out of school, became depressed. It's been 3 years and I still suffer from absence of emotion. It doesn't sound like much but trust me, life becomes empty without emotions. In some cultures, hallucinations are a sign from beyond. People that can hear or see things will often become shamans, medicine men, or healers. I highly reccommend meditation, and/or seeing someone that is an energy healer."

Invega_ruined_me February 28, 2018

"This medicine helped stop me talking to two women."

Anonymous February 28, 2018

"So I've been on this medication since 2014. Diagnosed with schizophrenia back in 2011 when I told doctors I was visited by spirits at a young age. They didn't believe me though I swear on my life it is true. Anyway, I was on 150mg. Had the worst side effects you could imagine. Very high prolactin levels, lactating from my breasts, amenorrhoea, absolutely no motivation at all, pretty much glued to my bed & phone. So they adjusted my dose twice & now I am feeling a bit better. Not a lot better though I would say. They say that a schizophrenia diagnosis is something you deal with for life so I would be careful what you tell your doctors. You could be on medication for life."

h0m39url (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 8, 2018

"I have a loved one who had a very long period (over 7 years) where she was unmedicated with active frightening visual and auditory hallucinations before she was able to receive help. After a 4 month hospitalization and oral antipsychotics including Zyprexa she was still totally delusional. After starting community based treatment she was started on Invega Sustana and within 2 months she was better than she has been in over 10 years. I was able to see glimpses of who she was before her brain disorder took over her life. She thinks that the shots are like water and they do nothing. Anosognosia (lack of insight) is a very difficult issue with her so I am beyond pleased this medications ability to improve my love ones life."

just another cog (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 25, 2018

"Absolutely amazing. Made me back to normal, before I took the invega shot I had extreme paranoia thinking people wanted to kill me, thought the government was purposely making it hard for me not to be homeless and literally thought my life was like the Truman show at some points and that everyone was actors around me, and wanted to kill me, literally within a day after taking this my life had changed and I became myself again before all the medication started."

Sam_mig1 December 26, 2017

"I was going through thyroid storm because I had taken liquid iodine with thyroid pills. At the time I was having a episode... and forced treatment against my will. The doctor told me that it was the only drug I could take and coerced me into taking it. 432 mg shot that was nearly the twice the max dose. I didn't like it because before I was on a dopamine 2 and not dopamine 3 antagonist like this drug does. Absolute crap! Before the episode I was healthy able to run 10k in under 40 minutes on Seroquel xr.... and now I'm dealing with withdrawals and high inflammation that was .7 now 4.3 because of stupid shot. It'll make you not able to think or do your job. You'll lose interest in things like working out and being healthy. The drug is rubbish!!"

Voice hearer (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 29, 2017

"Well I have been on this medication for some time now. It has helped me with the voices but to be honest you do sleep a lot and that's the only constant this medication has. It makes you eat a lot and as far as sex drive goes lol I won't talk about it. I think that it depends on who you are around to make you feel depressed you have to keep in mind that it's a serious disease but with medication it can be manageable. And if you are getting too fat exercise. You will get the weight off. Keep positive people and remember the struggle is never done we may always have a stigma put on us or a label put on us but prove the enemy wrong. Be the best you can be and shine bright like a diamond. And remember god loves u"

PhlebAqs October 18, 2017

"Okay let me get started. Every social worker, psychologist, and mental health doctor shouldn't prescribe this drug to anyone. It is harmful in so many ways. I took it for 1-2 years because they said: I had said that I had bad schizophrenia. I did not have bad anything except a drug issue- which they already knew as they had tested my urine, but they didn't take that into consideration. If you take this drug you will sleep away your life. You will lose you train of thought every 5 sentences. You will probably 75% chance to lose your job in a fast pace environment. When you take this drug you will lose muscles, goals, and cause you too get depressed. "

Jacob Frances Carlyle (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 14, 2017

"My symptoms are so much better with Invega Sustenna."

Rexal August 2, 2017

"I've been taking invega (all forms) since 2011. I have to say it is a god send. Risperdal and abilify gave me sexual dysfunction. This at least allows me to get an erection. It's done a great job at controlling my positive symptoms of schizophrenia. The voices are dulled down to the point of single sentences and like only 1-4 times a day so it's a lot more managable in day to day life. Started on sustenna, went on the tablets and now on Trinza. All versions work very well for me. This medication is the metabolite form of risperdal and it's a god send. It's easier on the liver and I highly recommend sustenna and Trinza as the form to take for schizophrenia/schizoaffective!"

MillerMillion (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 18, 2017

"Before my psychotic break that turned into a delusional police chase I was manic, terribly delusional, thought the devil was everywhere I went, thought people were after me, thought devil controlled electronics and the internet. Just too many bad symptoms and after receiving invega injection I've been told that I was more outgoing, and had absolutely no symptoms. But the side effects sucks such as high prolactin levels which resulted in low testosterone, anhedonia, and lower emotions"

Tonyt3 June 3, 2017

"Hi folks. Have been on Vega inj. For 2months. Most hallucinations, auditory, visual, and mental gone. Has been a game changer for me as my life was completely unmanageable before. Still not leaving home much and have gained a few pounds nothing to drastic but it beats having conversations with people only I can see and not having a choice about it. Also my insurance wouldn't cover it, it's about $2000usd for 1month inj. Thanks, hope this helps."

Healed (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2017

"The side effects are devastating for me."

jimjimjim (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 1, 2017

"My side effect was like no other side effect I have had. I was leaning to the left no matter what I was doing. Sitting, standing, walking, even driving a car, My 3 boys revoked my license. I really was okay and thankful to them. I am and have been going to a pain clinic for many years because of my back. It only made my back hurt more. Free of mental pain? Free of physical pain? Physical won!! My family doctor figured it out. So I guess just watch for anything different, Because if there was any good, the bad took it away. That is my opinions, It hurt me more than it helped me, I am very to see how many received help and relief from it."

cnoble (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 15, 2016

"this medication is the best anti psychotic i ever took, i'm getting the shot 244 mg, and the delusions and hallucinations are under control, this medicine is a life saver. the side effects i experience is anxiety and weight but overall it's a great medicine."

jodubz (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 8, 2016

"This medication is weird , it basically shuts down your brain, you will become a zombie after this medication, gained 100 lbs , stabilizes mood and so expensive."

Ross5554444 September 7, 2016

"Clears the mind of weird thoughts, delusions and hallucinations. Weight gain has been noted as well as a general feeling of restlessness and drowsiness. I'm always on slow-motion and need to think things twice or 3 times. Still better than having conversations with dead people or thinking my brain can see in the future... by the way, DON'T try quitting this drug cold turkey. It's a recipe for disaster."

Charles120 (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2016

"Gained weight. Too much. Fear of cholesterol and diabetes. Less work. Lost a girlfriend."

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 28, 2016

"My wife has suffered from late onset schizophrenia with severe positive symptoms for over 10 years. She started Invega Sustena treatment (monthly injection) a year ago and has made dramatic improvements. All of her positive symptoms have gone away. Residual negative symptoms remain but is now manageable with talk therapy. The injection method helps with compliance as daily pills are difficult to maintain and easy to discontinue. This is a wonder drug..."

Invega (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 21, 2016

"My daughter had the injection this month.It stopped her psychosis, still a little paranoia. The first ten days severe pain in neck. Also some dizziness still and balance problems she says. She took cogentin for neck. Some relief from the neck now. Another issue from blood test is high prolactin level. We will be seeing her Dr this week .Dont know if side effects worth it"

pazmataz (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2015

"Very high smoking sensation, weight gain, tiredness, and insomnia. But its the best antipsychotic med for me."

Doterdot August 4, 2014

"I have been on Invega for 5 months now and it has significantly improved my quality of living. Prior to the shot I was on numerous antipsychotics and would begin to stop taking the pills and go into relapse with symptoms. I'm not on the shot and auditory and visual hallucinations and paranoia have decreased dramatically. I like that it is a monthly shot and it cuts down remembering (or wanting) to take a pill once or twice a day."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 18, 2014

"I found this medication to cause side effects of swaying while standing up & sometimes rocking back and forth whilst sitting down. Because this is taken monthly I am on 150mg, towards the end of the month I became unwell and psychotic symptoms reoccurred. Delusional thoughts mainly. I am now going to try Abilify and hope I don't have bad side effects but I know that without my medication I would relapse. "

delucz89 January 13, 2014

"Invega is working great on auditory symptoms and no lethargy noted. I have noted some of the adverse side effects after the first dose: sudden weight gain, indigestion, pain at injection site and sore throat. In addition to these there has been increasing facial and abdominal bloating, I am concerned but there is no other medicine I am aware of at this time and the doctor feels the benefit outweighs the side effects."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2012