User Reviews for Invega

5.4

Summary of Invega reviews 5.4 96 reviews

Reviews for Invega

Jg · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 8, 2019

For Schizophrenia "I am currently having blurred vision from the medication. Does anyone know if the blurriness will go away with time? It has been a month since I stopped taking this medication."

Dade · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 30, 2019

For Schizophrenia "I started taking this medication for 3 months after I was diagnosed with schizophrenia and it has ruined my life. I now have trouble speaking, I'm always anxious, I can barely concentrate on anything, I'm depressed and sleeping a lot, and I no longer get erections and have trouble producing semen. I have been off of it for 2 months and I'm still dealing with the side effects. This is the worst thing I have ever been on and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone."

K May 14, 2019

For Schizoaffective Disorder "It's been 3 years since I took Invega but I still think about it often because I have never been as depressed as I was on Invega. I would literally cry upon waking because I couldn't bear being conscious. I was sleeping ~13 hours a day for a few months. It made me catatonic a few times as well. I was so depressed there were times I couldn't lift my head or stand up or even talk. It was an actual nightmare and my psych insisted it was just initial adjustment side effects, but I have never been on a medication that harmed me as much as Invega. I would have taken the psychosis over the Invega any day. I stopped taking it without permission and I kid you not--the next day, I felt normal. I physically couldn't get out of bed and my limbs felt like lead; it was ridiculous. I was in such a dark dark place and started giving away my belongings, but stopped almost immediately once I stopped the medication."

Rose May 2, 2019

For Schizophrenia "I have been on Invega for 7 months. I have noticed many side effects like muscle stiffness, agitation, involuntary movements horrific nightmares headaches and I have gained about 40 pounds in that time while continuing to exercise and eat healthily. I was on 9mg for about 3 months and then was lowered to 3mg. It did stop my severe psychosis when initially prescribed so for that I am very grateful. I am now weaning off the medication to hopefully improve my quality of life. Would not recommend unless absolutely necessary."

DT · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 27, 2019

For Schizophrenia "Invega did work to keep me from relapsing into psychosis. Also the injection makes it ideal for people who might tend to forget or stop taking medication. I have had some minor issues like diminished sex drive (also times whenI couldn't produce any semen), blurry vision and weight gain. However, soon after taking this medication I developed a depression. My depression has varied from severe mental agony for entire days to its current more anhedonic state. It is debilitating to say the least. After holding on for five months I will try to switch back to Seroquel which in the past has left me more stable while also getting rid of any symptoms related to psychosis. I am however not sure how much of the depression was caused by this medication."

Fred January 29, 2019

For Schizophrenia "My wife was diagnosed schizophrenia and non-specific psychosis. Hearing voices.. telling me I killed someone and as he was speaking to her from the corner of the room telling her where he was buried. "Can't you see him right there?" About 18 months of this and worse, a very dangerous situation. Sectioned 8 times through 2018. A therapist helping me mentioned a client that would throw TV's through windows, fighting, hearing voices, seeing things.. Invega completely cured him. My wife knew she needed help and tried Invega. Within a couple of hours of taking the pill she stopped hearing the voices, could read a book for the first time in years as she could finally focus. She is now taking shots along with the pills. She is better than I could have ever imagined. I couldn’t recommend Invega highly enough. There are very few side effects and her head is clear."

De · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 5, 2019

For Schizophrenia "I got diagnose with schizophrenia and bipolar in the hospital. I was taking respidone which was helping me a lot but then I start taking invega. This medicine has ruined me. All of the things that I've loved doing now sucks. I was on it for 4 months but I've been off of it for 3 months now but I'm still dealings with side effects. I can't sit still or lay still. I'm always tired my tongue is always numb my speech is off. I can't have a simple conversation I can't sleep at night. I hate waking up in the morning, my thoughts are all confusing and I feel weak. My body is really sensitive......I just miss the old me."

fallenstar · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 18, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "A big warning about this drug...it completely stopped all functioning and thought . I was on it for Bipolar disorder which it isn't registered for. I felt destroyed by this drug and my life robbed from me over a misdiagnosis. I gained 30 kgs, have a prolactanoma, obesity ,pre diebetes, serious liver conditions just to name a few that have shortened my life and have left me without any quality of life. Horrible drug that cannot be made available to so many fickle and uncaring doctors. I still experience pain 24/7.e How this drug was ever passed is something to think about and it should only be prescribed to schizophrenics or people with schizoaffective disorder anyway!!!!"

Whitedott December 13, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I have struggled with horrible voices and delusions for four years and invega is like a miracle after I attempted suicide. It took away the voices and delusions. The only problem I have with this drug is the weight gain and sensitivity to cold and heat. I gained 60 pounds in 6 months...its really hurt my self esteem and I'm going to stop taking it next month. Another thing after the voices stopped I had visuals and voices late at night and early morning that would wear off 3 months into taking it. My mood also seems a little more irritable but not too bad and I'm think I'm starting to have anhedonia, which at first was a giant relief after being so charged and emotionally torn apart with voices but now I'm starting to feel like it's not the best option. Though I will say if the voices torture me again I'll gladly take it again."

Nseyet · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 28, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I was forced to take invega after a spiritual emergence was diagnosed as schizophrenia, bipolar, and schizoaffective disorder. I had the initial dose of 256mg I believe, then 150mg for four months. My last shot was in aug 2018. By the second shot my thoughts had stopped. I could no longer think. It shut off my consciousness. My memory and retaining information has been effected. I developed anhedonia. I can no longer feel any emotion. I have no libido or menstrual cycles. I haven't had an appetite in 4 months. I have no desire to eat or get pleasure from it. I have insomnia. I believe this medicine has caused brain damage. Other drugs have reduced or no effectiveness such as cannabis, nicotine, caffeine, alcohol and sleep medication. This drug has a half life of 25-49 days. So its gonna take at least a year before it is completely out of my system."

Electro Gravitational Force · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 18, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Invega really helped me a lot at first. It was like a miracle happened. But after about 3 months passed some of my symptoms came back, don't get me wrong, I am glad that I am on Invega, it just not a miracle drug like I first thought it was."

Zuz October 13, 2018

"My son has been on this medication for over two years it has been horrible ups and downs, ups and downs, he seems more depressed than when he was not on it. I'm trying to wean him off this medication now. Any helpful hints would help"

Gary day · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 5, 2018

"I had a horrible experience as well from invega. I never needed meds. I was offered either go to long term care while in a psyche ward or just take the shot and be released. I took the shot cause the thought of long term care scared me. Worse choice in my life. I have had a terrible experience after given this horrible medication, hooooooorrible... Horrible, horrible."

Anonymous August 11, 2018

For Schizophrenia "This drug ruined me. I was fine before after they forced me to take it. I've been unable to write music since which was what I had a passion for. This drug has made me depressed and given me anxiety which I was never experiencing before the drug. Beware of this drug it helps some and can ruin others"

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Horrible drug. Made me antsy and severely depressed. I enjoy being off my meds and I love the high I get when I'm unmedicated. Please don't take meds if you wanna feel good. I'm better off my meds and plus I enjoy the high"

Leah · Taken for 5 to 10 years June 12, 2018

For Schizophrenia "I have been taking Invega prolonged release tablets for 8 years. I was diagnosed with schizophrenia and put on 3mg and it took a little while for the delusions to end. I then fell into deep depression. I couldn't stand my head the way it was. This drug blocked all my mind wandering that I loved so much. I was given a 6 week course of ECT and put on 75mg dothepin antidepressant and invega upped to 6mg. When the dose was increased to 6mg I had heart palpitations and couldn't sit still in a chair from stiff joints and was constantly falling asleep. My psych blamed invega lowered my dose to 3mg and increased my dothepin to 150mg. I was still robotic in thought and movement but I could lead a productive life. My head did feel very dry and I was in survival mode though. I started having 2000mg fish oil capsules a day and my thoughts became fluid and so did my joints and movement. It's not a cure but I would recommend fish oil capsules to people with psychotic illness taking these meds."

Mimi · Taken for 2 to 5 years May 28, 2018

For Schizophrenia "Horrible side effects!!! Caused facial hair, missed periods, swollen tender breast, I would produce breast milk though I was not pregnant, severe uncontrolled muscle jerks/ spasms/ changed color of pubic hairs. After a year I still had involuntary movements and spasms. My neighbors assumed I had Parkinson disease."

Grant · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 23, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "My son started Invega and the drug made his symptoms worse. He couldn't sleep he became very agitated. He had hospital admission after hospital admission. I am sorry to say he killed himself about three months after starting this drug. Please don't let anyone you love start this drug, it is a very bad drug."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 25, 2018

For Schizophrenia "If you really have schizophrenia like I do this medicine really helps. Yes it can have side effects that really are as bad as the schizophrenia itself. The thing is skizophrenia is a illness that is up there with cancer its nice to have been offered medical care for it for once."

Raymond April 12, 2018

For Schizophrenia "This drug works for me. I have an injection once a month. First, I was on Abilify, but this drug was not working the way it should. For "hardcore" schizophrenia Invega is a very good choice. My libido has plummeted and I gained some weight. My psychosis are gone. Of course there's downsides to this drug, but it does what it promises."

Momofschizophreniachild · Taken for less than 1 month April 3, 2018

For Schizophrenia "My son (23 year old) got the Invega shot. It's the worst thing ever. It's making him cripple, still hearing voices, shuffling when he walks, insomnia. This drug needs to be taken off the market I am going to write to the FDA it's very expensive and does nothing to help. Where are our tax money going? Why isn't there a cure? The insurance companies are blood suckers. The poor mental health patients cannot get any help. I am so sick and tired of this disease right now I just want my child back."

psalmist · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 28, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "It helped so much right away but then the honeymoon wore off and It gave me 20 lbs weight gain and an uncontrollable appetite. That slowly went away a month later and then was on injection and started to experience my bladder being constricted and I'd have to go 10-12 times some days. The med helps me "stabilize" but it also now is getting me steadily more depressed and I am getting such intense anhedonia. Am going to go back to Haldol I think. It's like a chemical labotomy, but most meds are anyways and no one really cares about those who suffer from mental illness. "

Nietzsche · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 28, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "first I was on zyprexa depot because of manic psychosis in 2016. The I switched to invega tabs 12 mg and I felt a lot better, less zombie feelings and less weight gain. Now I'm decreasing to 9 mg to see how this will work."

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 20, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder "This drug has ruined my life. It caused me to lactate. Even 4 months later off the medicine, I am still lactating and my prolactin got even higher! I had an MRI and it didn't show a pituitary tumor, which this drug can cause. I am now being referred to a neurosurgeon because nobody knows what to do and nobody knows how my prolactin can still be so high. A few years ago, my pituitary gland was symmetrical, but ever since being on Invega, my pituitary gland is asymmetrical. One side is bigger than the other. This drug caused my pituitary to change its shape. On top of that, I lost my periods completely, so now I'm infertile. It also made me eat like a horse and gain weight. My life is ruined. Beware of this drug."

JbSparky February 10, 2018

For Schizophrenia "I'm not like these other people only side effect I've noticed is I seem to a flat emotional response. I consider it a improvement over the way I was thinking before. It's not a terrible medication for me. Just goes to show you everyone is different"

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)