User Reviews for Invega

Schizophrenia 28 reviews 42 medications

6.8
Summary of Invega reviews 51 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Invega

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Exceedingly dry mouth causing broken sleep and frequent drinks, blood sugar ebbs and reduced stamina, encourages me to eat up to five times a day. Osteoarthritis worsens with the dryness however mentally stable. Wary of this drug being only a stop gap and apprehensive what's next on the medication menu as all have unbearable side effects."

Whoh March 2, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizoaffective Disorder "This medicine wrecked me. I had a drug induced psychosis, they had no business putting me on this. The only positive is that it did snap me back into reality, but some clean time would have done that. I have gained weight all in my stomach, I developed akathisia that lasted 2 months after discontinuing. Also extreme anhedonia which can persist for up to a year. I hope I return to normal way before that. Please only attempt this med if you don't know which way is up."

copperdome February 20, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizophrenia "I had been on Haldol before which I am allergic to and it caused wasting away disease. Invega was my last option and it helped fix what Haldol seemed to have ruined and took away a lot of the scary stuff I was dealing with like seeing people in my room. The only thing is I am still hearing voices but they are mostly nice. I am on 234mg a month."

Manda Panda (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 25, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizophrenia "I was put on this med while in the hospital. I started having breathing issues ( thought I had bronchitis) and rapid weight gain. I went to refill the med after the first month and the pharmacist noticed that the Invega had bad interactions with one of my other meds and refused to fill it. I'm stepping down and the breathing issues are lessening but i'm still having problems with the weight. The days I take it, I am insatisably hungry. It made me feel better mentally but the rest was rubbish."

overly exhausted (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizophrenia "About to depart invega so felt to document my experience. 5 years have been good on invega. the pamphlet said "as clean as we can make it" or some such and sure enough the mind felt cleaner. If I was in room all day I would feel like my brain was drenched in depression. invega made it fresh. Was able to take an interest in new things and grew over that time. Male Sexual function: 9 mg say good bye, 6mg hints of life, 3 mg omg I thought it left forever Thank U God Weight: kind of hard to manage diet and exercise. its like you need a scientist to work out satisfaction vs calorie control. beyond me, though weight training helped me feel good. Tiredness: very tired after work on all dosages. Hard to motivate to exercise but very rewarding,"

DevourerofNandos November 21, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Shaking of the legs and the tongue. TardiVe dyskinesia developed. Wasn't told about the side effects of Invega before taking the drug."

Cheryl2464 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 11, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizophrenia "InVega did treat my crazy and voices and strange behavior but it left me feeling empty and unmotivated and things just aren't the same. The depression gets me to suicidal thoughts but I won't hurt myself hell I hardly do anything everything sucks now and Idk. I would only recommend this drug to people who are dangerously insane because it is very strong and it's effects last long after discontinuing. But I will say I pitty any person who has to ever take it cuz there are things worse than death."

Someone81 November 9, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizophrenia "This drug saved my son's life. He failed to respond to any other drug and lost two years of his life in mental facilities. He was put on Invega Sustenna and within 2 weeks was changed. Within 3 months he was almost asymtomatic.. Over the next 4 years he earned a degree in computer science with a 4.0 GPA and within 1 unit of a Masters with a very high GPA and accepted into a Phd Program. The insurance company forced us off the depot sustenna injections onto pills. Within 8 weeks he was fully psychotic and in a lock down facility. The injectable form is a miracle drug! It should be a crime to allow an insurance company trying to save a few dollars more to destroy someone's life as they have. Write to Jannsen, Write to your congressman!"

JoDanDan October 15, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizophrenia "Been on invega for two weeks 9mg weigh 130 and 5' 8''. Just started my loading dose of injection 234 mg. Does not help me sleep am on rendering 15 mg for sleep. Had heart palpitations only once and hope not to have it again since starting shot I've been OK. Paranoia is at a minimal and mood is stable. Seems to be going good."

Mgnm84 October 13, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizoaffective Disorder "this medication is weird. you can be doing really well and be normal and then all of a sudden you get a manic episode or psychotic episode out of nowhere when you were normal like 2 days ago. It doesn't help you sleep although it's good because it didn't stop me from waking up in the morning. I was able to go to for my morning class as I was waking up at 5:30am. Although couldn't concentrate in class and I never cooked. from what I remember I was doing better on risperdal although I was more out of it and way more paranoid and it was really scary but I had good friends and never got manic and never had to go to the hospital for almost 10 years and also did well in school. I think invega is too inconsistent and can't take the mood stabilizer I want to"

alligator112 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 5, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizophrenia "ive been on invega for four months and the delusions are gone and i dont think people are out to get me anymore all is good but i cant think straight when people try to have a conversation with me im really quite and cant think of what to say or what to talk about its so depressing im on 150mg of invega and 2mg of abilify will these side effects get better or will i be like this for a few years i dont know i just wish i was back to my old self"

Tjslim (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizophrenia "This medication completely ruined my life. I gained 15kg over six months on this injection whereas before I was fit. I grew manboobs on this medication. I have no libido and complete sexual dysfunction. This medication gives you terrible anhedonia. I was forced to take Invega Sustenna after some stupid psychiatrist diagnosed me with "psychosis". I had no symptoms of psychosis."

invegascrewed August 7, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizophrenia "This medicine allow me to be less paranoid and this helps me by eliminating all my hard feelings about my life. The only side effect that I am getting from this medicine is oculogyric crisis."

Jason101 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 15, 2016

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizophrenia "I have been using Invega for less than a year. The reason I appealed to this medication was because it was the only extended release medication on the market. What this means is that the medication slowly released into our body within 24 hours. Other medication when you take it, it hits our body straight away to the top and gradually decrease the medication in our body. I find that it is good as it gives less severed side effect as the medication in our body at a constant level. I don't have any major side effects from this medication other than depression and insomnia but that in general related to my unresolved personal life issues. My prolactin level lower compared to when I was on Solian. Less lethargic & sleepy"

ER2016 June 4, 2016

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I think this is the only antipsychotic that has worked for me. I was on risperdal previously and it didn't work that well except that I made good friends and was nice usually but I was always really paranoid or psychotic when I'd do all nighters for school and thought there was a serial killer outside the window. invega is much better though and I don't get that paranoia anymore or the really scary type of paranoia anymore although I get scared sometimes but it doesn't stop me from doing things. I'm on 12 mg of invega and 300 mg of lamictal. Im not doing the best because the lamictal should be at 400 mg to be optimal. I wasn't able to tolerate too high of a dose of invega at first because it made me really tired& sleep all day but I can now"

alligator112 (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 6, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizoaffective Disorder "This med did absolutely nothing for me."

Carnov April 20, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizophrenia "these drugs are dangerous... they ruined my life. made my illness much worse. the doctors are do not believe me as they think I'm an inferior life form. SYMPTOMS INCLUDE TOOTH DECAY LACK OF MOTIVATION EXTREME WEIGHT GAIN HEART PAINS REDUCED LEVEL OFCONSCIOUSNESS THEY ALSO MADE EXTREMELY DELUSIONAL TO THE POINT I DIDN'T EVEN BELIEVE ANYMORE."

PROFIT FOR POISON March 11, 2016

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizoaffective Disorder "This med is rubbish . I can't sleep I have insomnia weight gain feel like garbage. It was helpful for first 4 months."

Baller3000 January 26, 2016

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I have been suffering major depression for over 10 years and Zoloft took the edge off but I was still extremely depressed. I had mood swings and disorganized thinking, speech problems by being unable to articulate what I mean, paranoia and so forth. I was originally diagnosed with bipolar disorder but the diagnoses didn't fit. I also was diagnosed with Aspergers. I took a personality and general mental health test by a professional psychologist and the results were tallied by a computer. I have schizoaffective disorder. I showed my results to my psychiatrist and she's prescribed invega. My depression is gone, I laugh and tell jokes, I can think clearly now and my relationship with my husband has never been better. Thank you!"

Nikkisaturn December 28, 2015

46 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizophrenia "After My doughter' s birth I suffered from this mental illness. Except of weight gain, invega is wonderful medicine."

Rubynd (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 15, 2015

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizophrenia "I feel like this medication is OK minus the weight gain feels like I put on a lot of weight and is hard to loose"

Anonymous November 26, 2015

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I am living a productive symptom free life because of Invega shot 4 yrs, 6mg pill for 1. Now college grad, off disability, full time job (40 k) at investment bank all possible by Invega. I was severely sick and now I haven't been for 5 years. It took a couple of hospitalizations, several lost jobs, and even jail ( which was turning point) to find Invega. I did 3 full time yrs in college and got 3.9 in finance. Only sides effects I've had are slightly high cholesterol and weight gain which for me is somewhat manageable with diet although for what I eat I'd be 20 pds less. I am now crystal clear and have zero symptoms. Life changer."

RamiJames November 17, 2015

49 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizophrenia "I feel gr8 once I swallow invega. It will make me a little tired at night. Sometimes when I'm hungry and try not to eat, I will get a strong stomach ache. Once in awhile I will get suicidal thoughts, but am not dangerous to me or others in any way, they're just thoughts of suicide. When it's hot outside, I tend to feel very hot, and I sweat more, too. It's hard to lose weight on this medication which is what I hate about this.....and I've gained ALOT since my pregnancy. My stomach area is inflamed with cortisol....I look horrible with a Santa belly....ppl always ask me if I'm pregnant, and some even stare. Even if I try not to eat, it is very hard to lose any weight with this medication, and no matter what you eat, you gain weight."

pillsbury cakes (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 10, 2015

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizoaffective Disorder "When I first started taking invega it took away the voices and delusional thoughts better than the other injection I was receiving. Weening off of it was not hard but I was also taking large doses of niacin and lithium at the time. I had a manic episode that lasted 3 months after withdrawing. After that, one injection brought me back to reality in less than a day. I have extreme weight gain on invega, drousiness (sleep 12 hours a day) and decreased sex drive. Though it is important for me to point out, like I said, no mania or hallucinating. I function well on the injection. It is the side effects that I have troubles dealing with."

Damien Guymon August 6, 2015

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Feel okay but gained 60ibs in three months. Horrible joint pain."

Drake109 July 26, 2015