User Reviews for Invega

Schizoaffective Disorder 5.1
Schizophrenia 4.8

Reviews for Invega

Anonymous July 26, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “Feel very demotivated, forgetting words more often. Took most of the voices away for most days but would still have spikes on certain days. Not sure if I would recommend this or not after reading the rest of the reviews. Been on and off it for 2-3 years but took it for a consecutive 8 months”

Deb · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 25, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “Taking Invega makes me spaced out and wierd. Spend most of my time lying in bed. Feel miserable. Wish I don’t have to take the medicine. But my sister is supervising to make sure I take the medicine. What should I do? Feel good when I am not taking any psychotic medicine”

eckies · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 16, 2020

For Schizoaffective Disorder: “I take the 150/234 needle of Invega. I also take 30mg olanzapine. 45mg mirtazapine and a couple .5mg ativans a day. and sometimes take cogentin. I need coffee to function on this med. I drink like 5 coffees a day. The coffee stops the anxiety I get from this med. I also get a lot of body pain. I take acetaminophen. I feel better on this med if I don't smoke cigarettes. I tried smoking weed but it wasn't good. I'm trying to quit smoking by using nicotine gum. I have to chew 2 4mg pieces at once to get over my cravings. Its a good med. I has changed a lot while I have been taking it. I think I have got adapted to it now. It has been over a year. Sometimes I think I need a lower dose so I could feel more of my good emotions. It didn't stop my psychosis though. I still need olanzapine. my psychosis consists of very rapid thoughts and I always feel terrified. things look different and I feel different. Its a good med give it time and drink lots of coffee.”

123 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 4, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “NIGHTMARE! I do not recommend this drug. I was taking it for 6 weeks (3 weeks to get me on 900 mg and 3 weeks to get me off). Terrible vivid nightmares that seemed more real than reality. I was wondering if I am dreaming or is it real all the time. My mind was empty. My muscles were in pain, I couldn't properly move my body because of "hard" muscles. I had a feeling of being pregnant - smell and taste changed, I had contractions and I produced milk. Only when this happened doctors decided to put me off that drug. Thank God for body side effects, because doctors don't take serious when you tell them that a drug is bad for mind, emotions etc.”

Le · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 20, 2020

For Schizoaffective Disorder: “I’m on Invega approximately 6 weeks I am diagnosed about 5 years never settling on any drug as they have me reactions. I am extremely sensitive to medication and always suffer high prolactin levels. On one of my previous medications after 6 weeks milk started coming out of my breasts. I was switched to invega and so far so good, it has brought out my creative side and I am much more alert, although it’s hard to get up in the morning as I keep falling back to sleep. I am demanding another blood test for tomorrow as I want to know if my prolactin levels have gone down at all. If not I’m getting off this drug as that’s not good for your body and it’s terrifying having milk coming out when it’s not supposed to. I’ve heard of caplyta the new drug and that has less side effects but the reviews online aren’t great”

Whocares · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 11, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “I'd been smoking very small amount of cannabis for few months and isolated my self with video games, one evening I was playing music very loud and the police were called I thought it would be clever to resist arrest, so I stood behind door and shouted threaten to burn house down. They soon broke in and carted me to the mental hospital. After giving my story to the dr I was put on Invega shots and told I was skitz, I'd never felt it, after 3 months started having tremors, constant anxiety, panic feeling of heart attack, couldn't move walk and 6 months on still on edge 24 hours a day.”

Pooh · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 3, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “I was taking clozaril for about 24 years. My doctor stopped my medicine and didn’t taper down. Instant stop. He then overdosed me on 256 mg of the shot. I had young emotions. No thought left. Couldn’t remember how to turn the key in my car. My legs started going up and down, face twitches. Forgot how to cook. Just could sit there and not move. My head started shaking. I stopped this drug but my mind never came back. I’m slowly losing love and emotion for life. If you love somebody don’t ever let them take invega. It is the worst drug on the market”

Ted April 27, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “Taken alone Invega with make you depressed and stupid, but taken with a low dose antidepressant it will make you feel good.”

Anon · Taken for 10 years or more April 23, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “Have taken Invega for about 15 years for schizophrenia, then for depression, have tried others, but always quickly come back to this. Has calming effect, but I still sometime feel angry which I have to use a thought-challenging app for. Unlike with the other antipsychotics I tried, I'm able to watch movies and read with this one. I feel very unmotivated often though, and I've got some bipolar hypomania, maybe I should try Vraylar, but trying to switch has been a terrible experience for me.”

Onimoru · Taken for 5 to 10 years April 20, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “I have been trying for 7 years to get off the monthly Invega shot because the side effects make me feel like I’m in a nightmare. I’ve gained 80 pounds, trouble getting to sleep and staying asleep, no sex drive so no point to having a girlfriend, I feel down all the time, have wet stools, heartburn constantly, frequent headaches and I could go on. If you have a loved one on this drug ask them to be honest about the constant suicidal thoughts.”

Lazerbunnyfuntime · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 2, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “Makes me feel super happy almost like high and tired, but out of the 5 antipsychotics I've tried it gave me the least amount of side effects.”

Double D · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 13, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “Suffering and miserable on this drug Invega. I take 117mg monthly injections. The frequent side effects I get are thoughtless, emotionless, akathisia, anxiety, a lot of difficulty with memory focus and concentration like I can't learn much. Unmotivated I sit around a lot feeling numb and mentally blank. Increased depression, dead sex drive or no interest with sex. Weight gain”

lipelips · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 5, 2020

For Schizoaffective Disorder: “I took it often when I was diagnosed with the condition. In the beginning of the treatment I took invega 3mg, and after some time I took 6mg. I felt most of the times sick and dehydratated . It seems to me that the absorbation is hard , and not too much effective. Xeplion is other story, much more effective and without significative collateral effects”

Anya February 1, 2020

For Schizoaffective Disorder: “I’m currently writing with trembles in my hands and muscle stiffness. I had a nervous breakdown and classified bi-polar NIGHTMARE BEGAN. I have extreme paranoia , lost my job because Invega destroyed my hand coordination, TD, (I believe I have permanent brain damage), sexual dysfunction, muscle stiffness, tremors in my whole body, hands shaking, face twitching, curling fingers, I can’t hold down food, severe anxiety, depression, suicidal, anti-social, no emotions, removed from relationships, no periods infertile at this point, no sleep in 3-months, pacing, blurry vision, absolute chemical lobotomy - fear of body deteriorating. 39 years old hard to find the energy just to stay alive. Everything in my body is dry. I’m a nervous wreck. Detoxing: I was trying to restart body- No change in 2-months. Instead have early signs of Parkinson’s. ”

Ethan · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 31, 2020

For Schizophrenia: “So, I was high energy and a lovely person before taking this drug. After my second shot of 234mg, I became so tired and depressed like all the life had been sucked out of me. No longer bubbly and energetic I would just lie down all day with no energy to move. Very sad. Very very sad.”

RB · Taken for less than 1 month December 4, 2019

For Schizophrenia: “Took 6 mg for a week before 12 mg for 3 weeks while I was inpatient and psychotic. (testing before I take the long-acting version of the drug) Psychosis didn't improve. And the stupid doctor prescribed the injection anyway.”

MDJ · Taken for less than 1 month November 25, 2019

For Schizoaffective Disorder: “This is a terrible drug. In four days I've had heart palpitations, wheezing shakes, insomnia, aggression, restlessness. Horrible drug for schizophrenics. I interacted more with my voices due to insomnia and headaches. I had to call the suicide crisis line because I had a panic attack so severe night 4 of taking this poison.”

Freddy November 17, 2019

“Many people who have taken LSD hear voices get delusions this happened to me but long ago. I had temper and I was given invega trinza. I had brain damage, difficulty in walking, impotence, weak muscles and more my symptoms had gone long ago. But I had abusive language and temper, it didn't help my temper. It's almost a year since I stopped Invega and I still have difficulty in walking let alone running. My ability to play chess has been affected this drug. For me there was no positive result”

Jesus · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 15, 2019

For Schizoaffective Disorder: “I'm so depressed on invega that I cry multiple times a day, can't maintain any friendships, too tired and demotivated to work out or play my guitar like I used to. I lay in my bed every day no motivation for anything”

Natron · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 8, 2019

For Schizoaffective Disorder: “I've been on Invega now for 2 months, it has stop the hallucinations and delusions but has also increased my depression. I feel emotionally numb and am tired all the time. I also can't exercise like I used to, to tired to even walk. I'm still adjusting to this new med so Hopefully things will settle down.”

Anonymous September 7, 2019

“Worst experience of my life. I have absolutely no thoughts and no emotions. The doctor that gave this to me said it’d only last a month. Well he lied. It lasts 300 days. I’m hoping with all my heart I will get better..”

Three · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 27, 2019

For Schizophrenia: “Stuff is great, works very well actually makes you work on problems in a more sober state. Definitely increased my sex drive. Life is getting better and better with time the longer on it the better I get. Works overall for about 98% of the hallucinations the voices are still ongoing butt for they're a lot better now only sometimes bad for the most part not”

Joe Blow · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 24, 2019

For Schizophrenia: “I still hear people all the time. I still feel like I can talk through my mind to people and devices”

Jg · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 8, 2019

For Schizophrenia: “I am currently having blurred vision from the medication. Does anyone know if the blurriness will go away with time? It has been a month since I stopped taking this medication.”

Dade · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 30, 2019

For Schizophrenia: “I started taking this medication for 3 months after I was diagnosed with schizophrenia and it has ruined my life. I now have trouble speaking, I'm always anxious, I can barely concentrate on anything, I'm depressed and sleeping a lot, and I no longer get erections and have trouble producing semen. I have been off of it for 2 months and I'm still dealing with the side effects. This is the worst thing I have ever been on and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.”