User Reviews for Invega

Schizophrenia 36 reviews 42 medications

5.8
Summary of Invega reviews 66 reviews 6.1

Reviews for Invega

For Schizoaffective Disorder "This medicine helps in curing the voices and delusional thoughts that sometimes come with schizoaffective disorders.But the worst side of this medication is complete weight gain. I went from size 2 to 14. It also makes your boobs grow bigger and stops the menstrual periods.The drug stays in the system for a long period of time. I stopped it in May and it’s been 5 months but I keep on gaining weight and boobs keep getting bigger and bigger. Worst medication ever! I have to deal with the weight gain and this causes a lot of insecurities especially for a lady! But the doctor told me that it gradually comes out of the system with time. So still hoping that my life will get back to normal with time."

Santinop (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I have had only my first 2 shots, my last shot being June 23rd 2017, which was the day I was released from the psych ward, I decided that I wanted to see how I was going to do without the drugs and see how I am, my first shot was the week before, I didn't even tell them I was hearing voices because I was at awe that I was and wanted to keep that to myself, I believe I was only hearing them for about 4 weeks but I can't really say, even though I was experiencing many new things mentally, physically and emotionally, even before the voices, I would have rather felt that and heard voices, which I don't hear anymore than to feel how I am now...literally zero emotions, don't get pleasure for anything, don't feel anything I mean anything"

Momogus October 1, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "Worst medication ever. Ruined my health. It's chemical lobotomy."

Lithuanian (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Although it helped with my delusional thoughts, it completely destroyed my life. I have anhedonia, loss of sex drive, fatigue, can't play football or any sports, my mind is blank, 40 kg weight gain, always hungry, can't get drunk. Feeling down sometimes. Robbed every joy from me."

askata (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizoaffective Disorder "I knew within 48 hours that this drug was a game-changer. I had been in a 5-year-long depression, sleeping 18-20 hours a day, obese, no writing, no reading. Invega gave me a life. Granted, there is that yucky weight gain--but with Invega I actually have the energy to go to the gym 4.5 hours a week so it's (s-l-o-w-l-y) coming off. I can read and write, manage a routine, etc. Granted, there are some times when I get a little muddled, but it's now in the range of "take a deep breath and start again" as opposed to catastrophic. There might be another drug out there with less severe weight gain, but I wouldn't trade how I mentally feel now for anything. I'll always be fluffy, but I'm happy. That's a fair trade any day!"

PhysicsRocks (taken for 5 to 10 years) July 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizoaffective Disorder "My son just got injected with invega. I pray this is going to work for him. I want him to have a normal life and desire life again. He is also taking lamictal this is also new for him. I hope this convo works for him. He is 26 years old and new with all this. Just got diagnosed with bipolar mania. :("

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Causes really dark thoughts."

Scoott (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "This med made him permanently impotent."

Scot C (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "I was put on this medication. By doctors telling me that I heard voices. When I didn't. I was put in the hospital. By a police officer who thought I wasn't fit to drive. As I was having a diabetic hypo. He thought I was on drugs. And locked me in the hospital for 3 weeks. I was forced to have injections of invega. After this I had stabbing pains in my liver my blood sugar levels jumped I gained 15kgs. I haven't been able to orgasem. It has been 3 years since I was put on it. And 18 months since I last had it. I am still over weight. I'm now on diabetes medication. My liver is nearly 3 times the size it should be. And my sex life is over . All because of this evil medication. It should be banned."

Annmaree clemo July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "Invega Sustenna is making me sicker and sicker. I can not keep food down any more, and the doctor will not change it. Find a doctor that knows the walsh protocol. Using the The Walsh protocol you can put an end to your illness. Dr William Walsh made the protocol, and it has become widespread in the UK, Ireland and Australia. There are a rare few doctors who do this over the internet, but you need a little bit of money for them. I am going to try and educate my doctor about walsh protocol and see what happens. "

dogglewifi (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "This medication is an absolute waste of time. I have been on Invega for a little less than 2 years now and I can with absolute confidence ascertain that it has done nothing for me. Aside from the decrease in sexual appetite and libido, difficulty having and maintaining erections, little to no ejaculatory fluid (which is really frustrating btw), the muscle tremors I am experiencing, and the 30 pounds I have gained since starting this medication , it is with no doubt an absolute and total waste of money. I definitely would not recommend this medication to anyone. Save yourselves the time and money and DO NOT take this medication."

Hanging On May 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "Was doing well on 4 mg risperidone but wanted to try an injectable long acting med. Doctor suggested I start with Invega oral to be sure it would work. Tried 6 mg Invega for a month but never felt as good as with risperidone. Made me depressed, tired, insomnia and even had some breakthrough delusions. So glad I didn't go straight to injections. Restarted risperidone and feel good again. It must work for some people but not for me. No data anywhere comparing Invega to risperidone which is odd because the drugs are related. No evidence this is a better drug than risperidone."

Marika55 May 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "I feel like this medication is making me feel extremely depressed in a way I haven't suffered before. Unfortunately, my doctor says this can't be the case and it must be my condition ( despite the fact I have never felt this way before)."

Inaworldofpain. May 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "Total scam. I've been on this drug for 3 years. Since being on it, It caused acute arm paralysis, dystonia, difficulty speaking, delirium which lasted for a month and it caused weight gain and man boobs. When I first received the shot, it felt like my brain was about to explode. I had extremely high blood pressure on this medicine- 178/105. After I stopped it, my blood pressure is 110/78. I experienced temporal lobe damage from this medicine and a CT scan showed atrophy of my brain after I stopped taking it. Be careful- many psychiatrists receive grants and stipends from big pharma and receive extra insurance money to peddle more drugs to as many patients as possible. This is because of our fee-for-service healthcare system."

Mr. XYZ April 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizoaffective Disorder "After taking 6 mg Invega for 3 years, I asked my physician what was making me gain so much weight....He told me it was the Invega and suggested I stop taking it...So I stopped taking it the next day! That was horrible advise (to quit cold-turkey) but I lost 40 pounds in 2 months. I kept the weight off until I developed psychosis/delusional thinking...After about 6 months and a suicide attempt I am back on it but shots only. Within 2 months I gained the 40 pounds back and gained an additional 40 lbs, making it a total of 80 lbs gained. Time for something else! I am in pain from bad knees & can hardly walk, now....Great mood helper but terrible on the body!"

Michael T April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Exceedingly dry mouth causing broken sleep and frequent drinks, blood sugar ebbs and reduced stamina, encourages me to eat up to five times a day. Osteoarthritis worsens with the dryness however mentally stable. Wary of this drug being only a stop gap and apprehensive what's next on the medication menu as all have unbearable side effects."

Whoh March 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizoaffective Disorder "This medicine wrecked me. I had a drug induced psychosis, they had no business putting me on this. The only positive is that it did snap me back into reality, but some clean time would have done that. I have gained weight all in my stomach, I developed akathisia that lasted 2 months after discontinuing. Also extreme anhedonia which can persist for up to a year. I hope I return to normal way before that. Please only attempt this med if you don't know which way is up."

copperdome February 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "I had been on Haldol before which I am allergic to and it caused wasting away disease. Invega was my last option and it helped fix what Haldol seemed to have ruined and took away a lot of the scary stuff I was dealing with like seeing people in my room. The only thing is I am still hearing voices but they are mostly nice. I am on 234mg a month."

Manda Panda (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "I was put on this med while in the hospital. I started having breathing issues ( thought I had bronchitis) and rapid weight gain. I went to refill the med after the first month and the pharmacist noticed that the Invega had bad interactions with one of my other meds and refused to fill it. I'm stepping down and the breathing issues are lessening but i'm still having problems with the weight. The days I take it, I am insatisably hungry. It made me feel better mentally but the rest was rubbish."

overly exhausted (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "About to depart invega so felt to document my experience. 5 years have been good on invega. the pamphlet said "as clean as we can make it" or some such and sure enough the mind felt cleaner. If I was in room all day I would feel like my brain was drenched in depression. invega made it fresh. Was able to take an interest in new things and grew over that time. Male Sexual function: 9 mg say good bye, 6mg hints of life, 3 mg omg I thought it left forever Thank U God Weight: kind of hard to manage diet and exercise. its like you need a scientist to work out satisfaction vs calorie control. beyond me, though weight training helped me feel good. Tiredness: very tired after work on all dosages. Hard to motivate to exercise but very rewarding,"

DevourerofNandos November 21, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizoaffective Disorder "Shaking of the legs and the tongue. TardiVe dyskinesia developed. Wasn't told about the side effects of Invega before taking the drug."

Cheryl2464 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "InVega did treat my crazy and voices and strange behavior but it left me feeling empty and unmotivated and things just aren't the same. The depression gets me to suicidal thoughts but I won't hurt myself hell I hardly do anything everything sucks now and Idk. I would only recommend this drug to people who are dangerously insane because it is very strong and it's effects last long after discontinuing. But I will say I pitty any person who has to ever take it cuz there are things worse than death."

Someone81 November 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "This drug saved my son's life. He failed to respond to any other drug and lost two years of his life in mental facilities. He was put on Invega Sustenna and within 2 weeks was changed. Within 3 months he was almost asymtomatic.. Over the next 4 years he earned a degree in computer science with a 4.0 GPA and within 1 unit of a Masters with a very high GPA and accepted into a Phd Program. The insurance company forced us off the depot sustenna injections onto pills. Within 8 weeks he was fully psychotic and in a lock down facility. The injectable form is a miracle drug! It should be a crime to allow an insurance company trying to save a few dollars more to destroy someone's life as they have. Write to Jannsen, Write to your congressman!"

JoDanDan October 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizophrenia "Been on invega for two weeks 9mg weigh 130 and 5' 8''. Just started my loading dose of injection 234 mg. Does not help me sleep am on rendering 15 mg for sleep. Had heart palpitations only once and hope not to have it again since starting shot I've been OK. Paranoia is at a minimal and mood is stable. Seems to be going good."

Mgnm84 October 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Schizoaffective Disorder "this medication is weird. you can be doing really well and be normal and then all of a sudden you get a manic episode or psychotic episode out of nowhere when you were normal like 2 days ago. It doesn't help you sleep although it's good because it didn't stop me from waking up in the morning. I was able to go to for my morning class as I was waking up at 5:30am. Although couldn't concentrate in class and I never cooked. from what I remember I was doing better on risperdal although I was more out of it and way more paranoid and it was really scary but I had good friends and never got manic and never had to go to the hospital for almost 10 years and also did well in school. I think invega is too inconsistent and can't take the mood stabilizer I want to"

alligator112 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 5, 2016