User Reviews for Invega

Learn more about Invega.

Invega Rating Summary

6.2/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 81 medications used in the treatment of Schizophrenia.

Reviews for Invega to treat Schizophrenia

"Invega Sustenna is making me sicker and sicker. I can not keep food down any more, and the doctor will not change it. Find a doctor that knows the walsh protocol. Using the The Walsh protocol you can put an end to your illness. Dr William Walsh made the protocol, and it has become widespread in the UK, Ireland and Australia. There are a rare few doctors who do this over the internet, but you need a little bit of money for them. I am going to try and educate my doctor about walsh protocol and see what happens. "

dogglewifi (taken for 5 to 10 years) June 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This medication is an absolute waste of time. I have been on Invega for a little less than 2 years now and I can with absolute confidence ascertain that it has done nothing for me. Aside from the decrease in sexual appetite and libido, difficulty having and maintaining erections, little to no ejaculatory fluid (which is really frustrating btw), the muscle tremors I am experiencing, and the 30 pounds I have gained since starting this medication , it is with no doubt an absolute and total waste of money. I definitely would not recommend this medication to anyone. Save yourselves the time and money and DO NOT take this medication."

Hanging On May 20, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Was doing well on 4 mg risperidone but wanted to try an injectable long acting med. Doctor suggested I start with Invega oral to be sure it would work. Tried 6 mg Invega for a month but never felt as good as with risperidone. Made me depressed, tired, insomnia and even had some breakthrough delusions. So glad I didn't go straight to injections. Restarted risperidone and feel good again. It must work for some people but not for me. No data anywhere comparing Invega to risperidone which is odd because the drugs are related. No evidence this is a better drug than risperidone."

Marika55 May 13, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I feel like this medication is making me feel extremely depressed in a way I haven't suffered before. Unfortunately, my doctor says this can't be the case and it must be my condition ( despite the fact I have never felt this way before)."

Inaworldofpain. May 12, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Total scam. I've been on this drug for 3 years. Since being on it, It caused acute arm paralysis, dystonia, difficulty speaking, delirium which lasted for a month and it caused weight gain and man boobs. When I first received the shot, it felt like my brain was about to explode. I had extremely high blood pressure on this medicine- 178/105. After I stopped it, my blood pressure is 110/78. I experienced temporal lobe damage from this medicine and a CT scan showed atrophy of my brain after I stopped taking it. Be careful- many psychiatrists receive grants and stipends from big pharma and receive extra insurance money to peddle more drugs to as many patients as possible. This is because of our fee-for-service healthcare system."

Mr. XYZ April 26, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had been on Haldol before which I am allergic to and it caused wasting away disease. Invega was my last option and it helped fix what Haldol seemed to have ruined and took away a lot of the scary stuff I was dealing with like seeing people in my room. The only thing is I am still hearing voices but they are mostly nice. I am on 234mg a month."

Manda Panda (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 25, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was put on this med while in the hospital. I started having breathing issues ( thought I had bronchitis) and rapid weight gain. I went to refill the med after the first month and the pharmacist noticed that the Invega had bad interactions with one of my other meds and refused to fill it. I'm stepping down and the breathing issues are lessening but i'm still having problems with the weight. The days I take it, I am insatisably hungry. It made me feel better mentally but the rest was rubbish."

overly exhausted (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 27, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"About to depart invega so felt to document my experience. 5 years have been good on invega. the pamphlet said "as clean as we can make it" or some such and sure enough the mind felt cleaner. If I was in room all day I would feel like my brain was drenched in depression. invega made it fresh. Was able to take an interest in new things and grew over that time. Male Sexual function: 9 mg say good bye, 6mg hints of life, 3 mg omg I thought it left forever Thank U God Weight: kind of hard to manage diet and exercise. its like you need a scientist to work out satisfaction vs calorie control. beyond me, though weight training helped me feel good. Tiredness: very tired after work on all dosages. Hard to motivate to exercise but very rewarding,"

DevourerofNandos November 21, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"InVega did treat my crazy and voices and strange behavior but it left me feeling empty and unmotivated and things just aren't the same. The depression gets me to suicidal thoughts but I won't hurt myself hell I hardly do anything everything sucks now and Idk. I would only recommend this drug to people who are dangerously insane because it is very strong and it's effects last long after discontinuing. But I will say I pitty any person who has to ever take it cuz there are things worse than death."

Someone81 November 9, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This drug saved my son's life. He failed to respond to any other drug and lost two years of his life in mental facilities. He was put on Invega Sustenna and within 2 weeks was changed. Within 3 months he was almost asymtomatic.. Over the next 4 years he earned a degree in computer science with a 4.0 GPA and within 1 unit of a Masters with a very high GPA and accepted into a Phd Program. The insurance company forced us off the depot sustenna injections onto pills. Within 8 weeks he was fully psychotic and in a lock down facility. The injectable form is a miracle drug! It should be a crime to allow an insurance company trying to save a few dollars more to destroy someone's life as they have. Write to Jannsen, Write to your congressman!"

JoDanDan October 15, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Been on invega for two weeks 9mg weigh 130 and 5' 8''. Just started my loading dose of injection 234 mg. Does not help me sleep am on rendering 15 mg for sleep. Had heart palpitations only once and hope not to have it again since starting shot I've been OK. Paranoia is at a minimal and mood is stable. Seems to be going good."

Mgnm84 October 13, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"ive been on invega for four months and the delusions are gone and i dont think people are out to get me anymore all is good but i cant think straight when people try to have a conversation with me im really quite and cant think of what to say or what to talk about its so depressing im on 150mg of invega and 2mg of abilify will these side effects get better or will i be like this for a few years i dont know i just wish i was back to my old self"

Tjslim (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 27, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This medication completely ruined my life. I gained 15kg over six months on this injection whereas before I was fit. I grew manboobs on this medication. I have no libido and complete sexual dysfunction. This medication gives you terrible anhedonia. I was forced to take Invega Sustenna after some stupid psychiatrist diagnosed me with "psychosis". I had no symptoms of psychosis."

invegascrewed August 7, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This medicine allow me to be less paranoid and this helps me by eliminating all my hard feelings about my life. The only side effect that I am getting from this medicine is oculogyric crisis."

Jason101 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 15, 2016

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been using Invega for less than a year. The reason I appealed to this medication was because it was the only extended release medication on the market. What this means is that the medication slowly released into our body within 24 hours. Other medication when you take it, it hits our body straight away to the top and gradually decrease the medication in our body. I find that it is good as it gives less severed side effect as the medication in our body at a constant level. I don't have any major side effects from this medication other than depression and insomnia but that in general related to my unresolved personal life issues. My prolactin level lower compared to when I was on Solian. Less lethargic & sleepy"

ER2016 June 4, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"these drugs are dangerous... they ruined my life. made my illness much worse. the doctors are do not believe me as they think I'm an inferior life form. SYMPTOMS INCLUDE TOOTH DECAY LACK OF MOTIVATION EXTREME WEIGHT GAIN HEART PAINS REDUCED LEVEL OFCONSCIOUSNESS THEY ALSO MADE EXTREMELY DELUSIONAL TO THE POINT I DIDN'T EVEN BELIEVE ANYMORE."

PROFIT FOR POISON March 11, 2016

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After My doughter' s birth I suffered from this mental illness. Except of weight gain, invega is wonderful medicine."

Rubynd (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 15, 2015

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I feel like this medication is OK minus the weight gain feels like I put on a lot of weight and is hard to loose"

Anonymous November 26, 2015

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I feel gr8 once I swallow invega. It will make me a little tired at night. Sometimes when I'm hungry and try not to eat, I will get a strong stomach ache. Once in awhile I will get suicidal thoughts, but am not dangerous to me or others in any way, they're just thoughts of suicide. When it's hot outside, I tend to feel very hot, and I sweat more, too. It's hard to lose weight on this medication which is what I hate about this.....and I've gained ALOT since my pregnancy. My stomach area is inflamed with cortisol....I look horrible with a Santa belly....ppl always ask me if I'm pregnant, and some even stare. Even if I try not to eat, it is very hard to lose any weight with this medication, and no matter what you eat, you gain weight."

pillsbury cakes (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 10, 2015

26 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Hello, I was on Risperdal for 3 years, I switched to Invega just over a month ago and am already losing a good deal of weight, I do sometimes get restless but I accept this as the price for not sleeping 17 hours a day on Risperdal, my appetite is normal and I don't eat huge portions anymore, my energy is up and I can actually feel emotions fully again, for the first time in a long long time, would recommend giving this a try to anyone - just remember some people get different side effects, for me this also took away sexual side effects that were limiting my relationships."

pelikaani July 15, 2015

39 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have on this medicine for 1 week. I was on Seroquel and was aggressive on it, making bad decisions. I feel much better even singing and laughing. I am eating more than on Seroquel which wasn't much but am making healthy choices."

tan77 March 19, 2015

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was diagnosed in 2013 with schizophrenia and depressive behavior. Prior to my last hospitalization none of the meds were working on me. My family changed my physician and she firmly believed Invega combined with Sertraline would do the trick. I am most grateful to her and my family for their desire to help me. I no longer hear the voices, I can go out in the public, watch TV, listen to the radio and enjoy it like I used to. I feel safe again, the paranoia of thinking people were after me is gone, I don't have suicidal thoughts anymore and I'm starting to build a social life again. I am 24 years old and I'm grateful for the unconditional support my family and new doctor have giving me, My life back."

Improved patient December 7, 2014

65 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm on Invega shots. Don't like it, gained more than 50 pounds, very unhappy but my doctor wont change the medicine."

tchana September 20, 2014

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm a young single mom in my experience Invega gives me a fuller lifestyle my condition is stable and controlled with Invega so I can live with a balanced happier mind. The only downside is the weight gain and some minor side effects like milk production in my breasts. However the benefit to my mind are greater than some minor and trivial side effects."

kourney (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 16, 2014

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was on Risperdal and I was always sleeping, gained much weight and craved for sugar. When I switched to Invega my weight went back too normal, suffer few side effects such as restlessness and sometimes anxiety but it beats those other anti-psychotics because fewer side effects and no weight gain for me. I don't like any of these medicines but I look like I'm not on any, so far so good."

harry nos July 18, 2013