User Reviews for Invega to treat Schizoaffective Disorder

Invega Rating Summary

5.1/10 Average Rating

Compare all 29 medications used in the treatment of Schizoaffective Disorder.

Reviews for Invega

eckies · Taken for 1 to 2 years June 16, 2020

“I take the 150/234 needle of Invega. I also take 30mg olanzapine. 45mg mirtazapine and a couple .5mg ativans a day. and sometimes take cogentin. I need coffee to function on this med. I drink like 5 coffees a day. The coffee stops the anxiety I get from this med. I also get a lot of body pain. I take acetaminophen. I feel better on this med if I don't smoke cigarettes. I tried smoking weed but it wasn't good. I'm trying to quit smoking by using nicotine gum. I have to chew 2 4mg pieces at once to get over my cravings. Its a good med. I has changed a lot while I have been taking it. I think I have got adapted to it now. It has been over a year. Sometimes I think I need a lower dose so I could feel more of my good emotions. It didn't stop my psychosis though. I still need olanzapine. my psychosis consists of very rapid thoughts and I always feel terrified. things look different and I feel different. Its a good med give it time and drink lots of coffee.”

Le · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 20, 2020

“I’m on Invega approximately 6 weeks I am diagnosed about 5 years never settling on any drug as they have me reactions. I am extremely sensitive to medication and always suffer high prolactin levels. On one of my previous medications after 6 weeks milk started coming out of my breasts. I was switched to invega and so far so good, it has brought out my creative side and I am much more alert, although it’s hard to get up in the morning as I keep falling back to sleep. I am demanding another blood test for tomorrow as I want to know if my prolactin levels have gone down at all. If not I’m getting off this drug as that’s not good for your body and it’s terrifying having milk coming out when it’s not supposed to. I’ve heard of caplyta the new drug and that has less side effects but the reviews online aren’t great”

lipelips · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 5, 2020

“I took it often when I was diagnosed with the condition. In the beginning of the treatment I took invega 3mg, and after some time I took 6mg. I felt most of the times sick and dehydratated . It seems to me that the absorbation is hard , and not too much effective. Xeplion is other story, much more effective and without significative collateral effects”

Anya February 1, 2020

“I’m currently writing with trembles in my hands and muscle stiffness. I had a nervous breakdown and classified bi-polar NIGHTMARE BEGAN. I have extreme paranoia , lost my job because Invega destroyed my hand coordination, TD, (I believe I have permanent brain damage), sexual dysfunction, muscle stiffness, tremors in my whole body, hands shaking, face twitching, curling fingers, I can’t hold down food, severe anxiety, depression, suicidal, anti-social, no emotions, removed from relationships, no periods infertile at this point, no sleep in 3-months, pacing, blurry vision, absolute chemical lobotomy - fear of body deteriorating. 39 years old hard to find the energy just to stay alive. Everything in my body is dry. I’m a nervous wreck. Detoxing: I was trying to restart body- No change in 2-months. Instead have early signs of Parkinson’s. ”

MDJ · Taken for less than 1 month November 25, 2019

“This is a terrible drug. In four days I've had heart palpitations, wheezing shakes, insomnia, aggression, restlessness. Horrible drug for schizophrenics. I interacted more with my voices due to insomnia and headaches. I had to call the suicide crisis line because I had a panic attack so severe night 4 of taking this poison.”

Jesus · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 15, 2019

“I'm so depressed on invega that I cry multiple times a day, can't maintain any friendships, too tired and demotivated to work out or play my guitar like I used to. I lay in my bed every day no motivation for anything”

Natron · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 8, 2019

“I've been on Invega now for 2 months, it has stop the hallucinations and delusions but has also increased my depression. I feel emotionally numb and am tired all the time. I also can't exercise like I used to, to tired to even walk. I'm still adjusting to this new med so Hopefully things will settle down.”

K May 14, 2019

“It's been 3 years since I took Invega but I still think about it often because I have never been as depressed as I was on Invega. I would literally cry upon waking because I couldn't bear being conscious. I was sleeping ~13 hours a day for a few months. It made me catatonic a few times as well. I was so depressed there were times I couldn't lift my head or stand up or even talk. It was an actual nightmare and my psych insisted it was just initial adjustment side effects, but I have never been on a medication that harmed me as much as Invega. I would have taken the psychosis over the Invega any day. I stopped taking it without permission and I kid you not--the next day, I felt normal. I physically couldn't get out of bed and my limbs felt like lead; it was ridiculous. I was in such a dark dark place and started giving away my belongings, but stopped almost immediately once I stopped the medication.”

fallenstar · Taken for 2 to 5 years December 18, 2018

“A big warning about this drug...it completely stopped all functioning and thought . I was on it for Bipolar disorder which it isn't registered for. I felt destroyed by this drug and my life robbed from me over a misdiagnosis. I gained 30 kgs, have a prolactanoma, obesity ,pre diebetes, serious liver conditions just to name a few that have shortened my life and have left me without any quality of life. Horrible drug that cannot be made available to so many fickle and uncaring doctors. I still experience pain 24/7.e How this drug was ever passed is something to think about and it should only be prescribed to schizophrenics or people with schizoaffective disorder anyway!!!!”

Whitedott December 13, 2018

“I have struggled with horrible voices and delusions for four years and invega is like a miracle after I attempted suicide. It took away the voices and delusions. The only problem I have with this drug is the weight gain and sensitivity to cold and heat. I gained 60 pounds in 6 months...its really hurt my self esteem and I'm going to stop taking it next month. Another thing after the voices stopped I had visuals and voices late at night and early morning that would wear off 3 months into taking it. My mood also seems a little more irritable but not too bad and I'm think I'm starting to have anhedonia, which at first was a giant relief after being so charged and emotionally torn apart with voices but now I'm starting to feel like it's not the best option. Though I will say if the voices torture me again I'll gladly take it again.”

Nseyet · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 28, 2018

“I was forced to take invega after a spiritual emergence was diagnosed as schizophrenia, bipolar, and schizoaffective disorder. I had the initial dose of 256mg I believe, then 150mg for four months. My last shot was in aug 2018. By the second shot my thoughts had stopped. I could no longer think. It shut off my consciousness. My memory and retaining information has been effected. I developed anhedonia. I can no longer feel any emotion. I have no libido or menstrual cycles. I haven't had an appetite in 4 months. I have no desire to eat or get pleasure from it. I have insomnia. I believe this medicine has caused brain damage. Other drugs have reduced or no effectiveness such as cannabis, nicotine, caffeine, alcohol and sleep medication. This drug has a half life of 25-49 days. So its gonna take at least a year before it is completely out of my system.”

Electro Gravitational Force · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 18, 2018

“Invega really helped me a lot at first. It was like a miracle happened. But after about 3 months passed some of my symptoms came back, don't get me wrong, I am glad that I am on Invega, it just not a miracle drug like I first thought it was.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2018

“Horrible drug. Made me antsy and severely depressed. I enjoy being off my meds and I love the high I get when I'm unmedicated. Please don't take meds if you wanna feel good. I'm better off my meds and plus I enjoy the high”

Grant · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 23, 2018

“My son started Invega and the drug made his symptoms worse. He couldn't sleep he became very agitated. He had hospital admission after hospital admission. I am sorry to say he killed himself about three months after starting this drug. Please don't let anyone you love start this drug, it is a very bad drug.”

psalmist · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 28, 2018

“It helped so much right away but then the honeymoon wore off and It gave me 20 lbs weight gain and an uncontrollable appetite. That slowly went away a month later and then was on injection and started to experience my bladder being constricted and I'd have to go 10-12 times some days. The med helps me "stabilize" but it also now is getting me steadily more depressed and I am getting such intense anhedonia. Am going to go back to Haldol I think. It's like a chemical labotomy, but most meds are anyways and no one really cares about those who suffer from mental illness. ”

Nietzsche · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 28, 2018

“first I was on zyprexa depot because of manic psychosis in 2016. The I switched to invega tabs 12 mg and I felt a lot better, less zombie feelings and less weight gain. Now I'm decreasing to 9 mg to see how this will work.”

Anonymous · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 20, 2018

“This drug has ruined my life. It caused me to lactate. Even 4 months later off the medicine, I am still lactating and my prolactin got even higher! I had an MRI and it didn't show a pituitary tumor, which this drug can cause. I am now being referred to a neurosurgeon because nobody knows what to do and nobody knows how my prolactin can still be so high. A few years ago, my pituitary gland was symmetrical, but ever since being on Invega, my pituitary gland is asymmetrical. One side is bigger than the other. This drug caused my pituitary to change its shape. On top of that, I lost my periods completely, so now I'm infertile. It also made me eat like a horse and gain weight. My life is ruined. Beware of this drug.”

danger mouse · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 28, 2018

“Hey well as soon as I took this drug I was happy enough. The rushing thoughts began to subdue. I will say one thing - if you going to take this be careful there some sucky side affects like weight gain. I didn't get the weight gain but I did get low libido and it got a little better once I stopped taking it completely and went back on. I still have some high blood pressure, high white blood cell count and high cholesterol so watch that. So that's all my side affects. One more thing don't let these punks mess you around - once you're on it they might try making your life a drug induced nightmare. It's your body, you're choice if it works you will know. If you're really bad stick to a low dose and test if its the right drug for you. Then you're not going to get one: addicted and two: not aware of if its the right drug for you. I'm on 3mg tablet now and I hope to go cold turkey soon after 6 months wish me luck.”

Harry744774 January 7, 2018

“Absolutely terrible drug. Can’t get an erection and no sperm on this med. cloudy head, can’t concentrate, can’t stop pacing. Didn’t even stop my condition. What a rubbish drug”

Cowboy Chris Moore · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 28, 2017

“I have been on this medication for two years. I'm on 117 milligrams and my mood gets worse every time I take the injection”

Trysomethingelse · Taken for 10 years or more November 20, 2017

“This medication sucks. I only experienced side effects and no benefit. I would rather spend my time looking for another way to treat my illness than to give any of these antipsychotics another chance. All of them cause weight gain sexual side effects, tardive dyskensia, tardive dystonia among other side effects that could mess you up for life. I admit it's very debilitating at times but I would rather have my orginal problems than to be given another set of problems to replace them. If your psychosis is really bad and you can't live a normal life at all and your homeless and you scare people or end up in jail because your illness than I say take it. But if you can wait till they figure out how to make better meds than wait.”

Shunnu · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 29, 2017

“I am a victim of bad diagnosis my brain scan has revealed a normal brain I have suffered from concussion which has led to irritable behaviour nothing else. My medical practioner is not honest as I am 62 years old and this drug is not indicated for my age I have had differences with my family and disputes in property which has led to unethical relations to force this treatment on me. It's voluntary to go to psychiatric institutions but I have been forced into it. In the past I was treated with clozapine which led to tumors in my stomach and bone pain. I have also been treated with olanzapine which caused insulin resistant diabetes I have treated side effects with citrus peels and high doses of vitamins for diabetes and tibetan medicine for tumors”

Santinop · Taken for 6 months to 1 year October 16, 2017

“This medicine helps in curing the voices and delusional thoughts that sometimes come with schizoaffective disorders.But the worst side of this medication is complete weight gain. I went from size 2 to 14. It also makes your boobs grow bigger and stops the menstrual periods.The drug stays in the system for a long period of time. I stopped it in May and it’s been 5 months but I keep on gaining weight and boobs keep getting bigger and bigger. Worst medication ever! I have to deal with the weight gain and this causes a lot of insecurities especially for a lady! But the doctor told me that it gradually comes out of the system with time. So still hoping that my life will get back to normal with time.”

Momogus October 1, 2017

“I have had only my first 2 shots, my last shot being June 23rd 2017, which was the day I was released from the psych ward, I decided that I wanted to see how I was going to do without the drugs and see how I am, my first shot was the week before, I didn't even tell them I was hearing voices because I was at awe that I was and wanted to keep that to myself, I believe I was only hearing them for about 4 weeks but I can't really say, even though I was experiencing many new things mentally, physically and emotionally, even before the voices, I would have rather felt that and heard voices, which I don't hear anymore than to feel how I am now...literally zero emotions, don't get pleasure for anything, don't feel anything I mean anything”

askata · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 6, 2017

“Although it helped with my delusional thoughts, it completely destroyed my life. I have anhedonia, loss of sex drive, fatigue, can't play football or any sports, my mind is blank, 40 kg weight gain, always hungry, can't get drunk. Feeling down sometimes. Robbed every joy from me.”

Learn more about Schizoaffective Disorder

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)