User Reviews for Invega Trinza

Schizophrenia
6.2

Summary of Invega Trinza reviews 6.4 9 reviews

Reviews for Invega Trinza

For Schizophrenia "I was on Invega sustena for over a year before being on Trinza. I was committed to the hospital about two years ago and was resistant to taking medication. I did allow them to give me a shot not knowing what it was at the time. Within a month my delusions cleared up and I stopped having auditory or visual hallucinations. At first I gained a little weight but after switching to a vegan diet I lost a total of 40lbs without any extra exercise. I've held down a steady job and have not had a manic episode since I've been taking the shot. Today my arm is a little sore as I got the shot yesterday but it's a small price to pay for keeping me sane. I would highly recommend this drug to anyone that has been diagnosed with schizophrenia."

Tim (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 12, 2018

For Schizophrenia "Taken for almost three years, this drug is awful if your wanting to work, the impaired thinking and the sleepiness make it absolutely hard to work in any workplace. Only try this as a last resort."

Lee (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 22, 2018

"I have bipolar schizoaffective disorder. Tried a lot of pill forms of various medications that had terrible side effects or made my delusions WORSE. I was on invega sustenna for about a year and a half and noticed the effects during the last week of the shot were kinda wearing off. Now that I’m on trinza, I’ve had a few sexual side effects, but made all my delusions and paranoia/anxiety disappear aside from the occasional Xanax requirement. I also take risperidone 2mg as needed for the occasional paranoia. It’s given me my life back though. Costs way too much unless you’re on a good insurance. Shot also kinda hurts but I am terrified of needles and I can handle it. It’s worth it for sure."

Brad (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 27, 2018

For Schizophrenia "I'm on Invega Trinza for Schizophrenia and It's not bad. I can function somewhat well, but the problem are the side effects such as no sex drive, anhedonia, and no emotions. This is really hard to deal with, but I can't go off it anymore because I already tried and got another psychotic episode."

dunno (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 12, 2018

For Schizophrenia "This drug is the worst thing that has happened to me. At first I was over medicated this drug caused my tongue to tic the upper part of my mouth. I would have all sorts of hallucinations and delusions which have gradually gone away as the medicine has been reduced to the recommended dose. Not only to mention I was only experiencing delusions prior to medication. They have gone away now but it seems as though my thoughts echo mimic align with sounds I hear. Also, it feels as though there are bugs under my skin due to micro muscle spasm. Worst part about this drug is that it causes you to zone into things like stare at things or become immobile in your line of vision. Which this only happens occasionally it really is difficult to drive or hold down a job. I have heightened energy level with adding Abilify. As this Invega Trinza causes couch lock not no energy, no motivation, and no drive. At least on this medication I don’t experience sexual dysfunction."

Brolo (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 22, 2018

For Schizophrenia "Trinza and Invega Sustenna have been the only medication that has worked for me. I had almost no symptoms for a year which was great. I don't know if my schizophrenia is getting stronger or if the medication is losing its effectiveness. I had to add a second antipsychotic (Latuda 40 mg) to manage the emerging voices and delusions. I'm giving this a 9 because it gave me the year I needed to put myself back together to be ready. The side effects I've had were only pacing back and forth and shaking my leg."

Wolfleo (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 26, 2017

For Schizophrenia "I'm getting invega, serious side effects in libido (Im a male), sexual dysfunction, gained 30 kg plus, I can't do sports due to muscle stiffness, and killed all thoughts out of my head, barely can hold a job. No emotions also, I'm an hollow empty shell, a zombie. Can't get drunk. Took my life away. But to say something good, it helped with delusions. I think it is too much price for it."

askata (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 28, 2017

For Schizophrenia "I been taken this medicine and I am more active and more social with people."

Duck1975 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 20, 2016

For Schizophrenia "I was on invega sustenna for a little over a year then switched to invega trinza. I'm doing way better than I was. I'm off all my pills and just take the once every 3 month shot. I'm still disabled but the medicine helps relieve the symptoms.. I would recommend this to anyone who's already been on invega and invega sustenna.. It can't take your disability away but it can help you.."

John2504 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 2, 2016

For Schizophrenia "When this drug is given regularly, can give the life back to the patients. I have seen their hygiene get better and them get more social."

Anonymous October 2, 2015