User Reviews for Invega Trinza to treat Schizophrenia

Invega Trinza has an average rating of 7.3 out of 10 from a total of 16 ratings for the treatment of Schizophrenia. 63% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 19% reported a negative effect.

Invega Trinza Rating Summary

7.3/10 average rating

Compare all 78 medications used in the treatment of Schizophrenia.

Reviews for Invega Trinza

Manbeast September 13, 2020

“I've been on Invega Sustenna for 7 years, monthly for first 6 years and 7th year Invega Trinza. I've stayed the course with Invega because it calms me down and stops my obsessive thoughts. If I don't take Invega (Trinza or Sustenna) I become anxious, depressed, and suicidal, obsessive, and manic during extreme weather (winter/summer) (I feel better during fall/spring). My original issues are Unspecified Psychosis/Cannabis Induced Psychosis. Taking the injection helps me articulate myself clearer, be more rational, and reduces my stress tremendously. I usually clench my jaws like crazy as a full-time worker and student. But, Invega relaxes my mind and the jaw clenching pretty much stop. I am very sick, my thoughts are a burden and I'm always stressed over little things, mishearing people's voices and taking offence to things that were never said. But, as I'm on Invega I've been ignoring these bad thoughts without effort.”

Tim · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 12, 2018

“I was on Invega sustena for over a year before being on Trinza. I was committed to the hospital about two years ago and was resistant to taking medication. I did allow them to give me a shot not knowing what it was at the time. Within a month my delusions cleared up and I stopped having auditory or visual hallucinations. At first I gained a little weight but after switching to a vegan diet I lost a total of 40lbs without any extra exercise. I've held down a steady job and have not had a manic episode since I've been taking the shot. Today my arm is a little sore as I got the shot yesterday but it's a small price to pay for keeping me sane. I would highly recommend this drug to anyone that has been diagnosed with schizophrenia.”

John2504 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year June 2, 2016

“I was on invega sustenna for a little over a year then switched to invega trinza. I'm doing way better than I was. I'm off all my pills and just take the once every 3 month shot. I'm still disabled but the medicine helps relieve the symptoms.. I would recommend this to anyone who's already been on invega and invega sustenna.. It can't take your disability away but it can help you..”

Smooth Jazz March 18, 2021

“Have being on Trevicta 175mg for 3 years Paliperidone 10 Years Tidying up garden is no longer a pain . Travelling abroad is excellent getting into USA from UK is no problem as you carry no medicines . Appetite is not an issue you don't eat to compensate for this drug Trevicta. Stay away from takeaways, fast food as this is the main source of weight gain .You can drive a car if your doctor OKs this . Remember commonsense if you have a bad day with side effects don't drive that day till you feel better. You can read a book quite easily etc watch Television, see a movie in town. Do some exercise walk a mile if you can now and again . .Life can be a uphill struggle you fight your mental condition in part with medicine, that way you keep your head above the waterline. .All antipsychotics drugs have side effects none are perfect.”

askata · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 28, 2017

“I'm getting invega, serious side effects in libido (Im a male), sexual dysfunction, gained 30 kg plus, I can't do sports due to muscle stiffness, and killed all thoughts out of my head, barely can hold a job. No emotions also, I'm an hollow empty shell, a zombie. Can't get drunk. Took my life away. But to say something good, it helped with delusions. I think it is too much price for it.”

Mike Smith · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 2, 2020

“Highly recommend this medication. Absolutely works with very little side effects. Been on it for less than a year. Lost 30 lb in the first 6 months of taking it. My appetite has also been down. Sometimes I forget I'm even hungry and a salad fills me up which is GREAT! Also my sex drive is fine, great libido despite my age (I'm about 40). The best is not having to mess with pills every day, wondering if you forgot to take your meds and what will happen - with this you get an injection every three months and you're good to go! I now only see my doctor 4 times a year and am doing very well. Like I said LOST WEIGHT on this medication and LIBIDO/SEX is great with absolutely no side effects yet! Hope to be on this for a very long time!”

turtle · Taken for 5 to 10 years March 14, 2019

“I been on invega trinza for almost four years for my schizophrenia. The first side effect I had was weight gain over 70pds. I stopped having my period due to high prolactin. I also found out I have high triglycerides, high cholesterol, and low white blood cell count. I have schizophrenia so I do need this medicine. But seriously weighing the side effects I have against the mental stability I have.”

anongirl · Taken for 1 to 2 years April 11, 2019

“I have been on this injection since 2017. Received the monthly injections for about three months before my doctor noticed my remarkable stability in mood and made the switch to the tri-monthly injection. When switched to the tri-monthly injection, I noticed that in the third month of being on it, my symptoms of paranoia and delusions would flare up. I've learned to live with it. However, my sex drive is completely gone and my menstrual cycle is TOO light. As well, there are nights that my insomnia flares up. Have not gained any weight but I haven't lost any either. To counter all the bad side effects, I have to say that this is the longest that I have been out of the hospital. Besides the odd paranoia/delusions in the third month, I don't hear any voices like I used to or experience a full-blown manic episode (diagnosis is schizoaffective with bipolar tendencies).”

TREVICTABOY March 19, 2019

“Hey guys I am Geriboy from Hungary so from Europe. Since 2017 I have been diagnosed with paranoid schizophrenia, depression and anxiety. I am on INVEGA TRINZA 525MG which in Hungary is called TREVICTA, it got rid of all my symptoms. I really would recommend this drug for every one. Pills are bad for me but this Depot Injection only 4 times a year is a magic! I really like it. Very clear head, I am focused, I can meet my friends and not sleeping to much during the day. It also removed also my suicide thinking which is very important with Psychosis! Since getting this drug I want to live more and more:) so its really helpful :) Thx for my new pdoc :) For sleep I have been taking 20mg Olanzapine Teva and 2mg Rivotril.”

Brolo · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 22, 2018

“This drug is the worst thing that has happened to me. At first I was over medicated this drug caused my tongue to tic the upper part of my mouth. I would have all sorts of hallucinations and delusions which have gradually gone away as the medicine has been reduced to the recommended dose. Not only to mention I was only experiencing delusions prior to medication. They have gone away now but it seems as though my thoughts echo mimic align with sounds I hear. Also, it feels as though there are bugs under my skin due to micro muscle spasm. Worst part about this drug is that it causes you to zone into things like stare at things or become immobile in your line of vision. Which this only happens occasionally it really is difficult to drive or hold down a job. I have heightened energy level with adding Abilify. As this Invega Trinza causes couch lock not no energy, no motivation, and no drive. At least on this medication I don’t experience sexual dysfunction.”

dunno · Taken for 6 months to 1 year April 12, 2018

“I'm on Invega Trinza for Schizophrenia and It's not bad. I can function somewhat well, but the problem are the side effects such as no sex drive, anhedonia, and no emotions. This is really hard to deal with, but I can't go off it anymore because I already tried and got another psychotic episode.”

Personnumber4 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 24, 2019

“On Invega Trinza and paranoia has gone. Absolutely love the convenience of only having to take it once every 3 months! Some pain at injection site but only lasts a day or two. Unfortunately I have started lactating and am not sure if I should stay on it because of this side effect. I do sleep a lot and eat a lot on this medication but it's so much better than when I'm not on it and have to deal with schizophrenic symptoms”

Wolfleo · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 26, 2017

“Trinza and Invega Sustenna have been the only medication that has worked for me. I had almost no symptoms for a year which was great. I don't know if my schizophrenia is getting stronger or if the medication is losing its effectiveness. I had to add a second antipsychotic (Latuda 40 mg) to manage the emerging voices and delusions. I'm giving this a 9 because it gave me the year I needed to put myself back together to be ready. The side effects I've had were only pacing back and forth and shaking my leg.”

Annie · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 18, 2021

“This drug works really well to control my positive symptoms like hallucinations, delusions and paranoia. I still have breakthrough symptoms but only when very fatigued or stressed but nowhere near as intense as off medication. I have managed to loose 2 stone (in 6 months) of the 6 stone I put on from taking the abilify injection. I feel less fatigued and insomnia isn’t as bad as when taking the other medication. I still have less interest in social situations and relationships and my sex drive is non existent compared to before my illness. All 3 are symptoms of schizophrenia I know can be made worse by medications like these. The main negative is it has increased my prolactin levels to 4 times that of a healthy non-pregnant woman.”

Lee · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 22, 2018

“Taken for almost three years, this drug is awful if your wanting to work, the impaired thinking and the sleepiness make it absolutely hard to work in any workplace. Only try this as a last resort.”

Anonymous October 2, 2015

“When this drug is given regularly, can give the life back to the patients. I have seen their hygiene get better and them get more social.”

Joshua · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 9, 2019

“I was better with invega pills now with trevicta I'm a zombie”

Duck1975 · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 20, 2016

“I been taken this medicine and I am more active and more social with people.”

Learn more about Schizophrenia