How often is Invega Trinza given?
- Invega Trinza (paliperidone palmitate) is a long-acting injection given once every three months for the treatment of schizophrenia, a serious mental health condition.
- Each injection is given only by a health care professional. It is given as an injection into the muscle (intramuscularly) of your upper arm or buttock.
- Long-acting medicines like Invega Trinza can help you to remain on treatment without the burden of having to take a daily pill.
- Invega Trinza is used in people who have already been treated with Invega Sustenna injections given once a month, for at least 4 months. Invega Trinza is only approved for use in adults.
Schizophrenia medications are usually required for long-term treatment to help control your symptoms.
- Invega Trinza is in the class of medicines known as atypical antipsychotics.
- These medicines work by adjusting the balance of natural chemicals (neurotransmitters) in your brain.
- Symptoms such as hallucinations, agitation, and disorganized thinking and behavior can be decreased by restoring the balance of these neurotransmitters.
Follow your treatment schedule exactly as your doctor tells you to. Your doctor will determine the best dose for your symptoms and will help you schedule the appointment times for your injections.
It’s important that you stay on schedule with your Invega Trinza injections. Keep all of your appointments so you can get your medication on time and discuss your progress with your doctor. If you must miss an appointment, contact your doctor as soon as possible.
Invega Trinza may affect your ability to think clearly, make appropriate decisions, or react quickly when needed. Do not drive, operate heavy machinery, or do other dangerous activities until you know how Invega Trinza affects you. Ask your doctor if you should bring someone to your appointment to drive you home.
Invega Trinza is not for treating dementia-related psychosis.
- Invega Trinza (paliperidone palmitate) is a long-acting injection given once every three months for the treatment of schizophrenia.
- It is given as an injection into the muscle (intramuscularly) of your arm or your buttocks. Each injection is given only by a health care professional.
- Invega Trinza is used in people who have already been treated with Invega Sustenna injections given once a month, for at least 4 months.
This is not all the information you need to know about Invega Trinza for safe and effective use. Review the full Invega Trinza information here, and discuss this information with your doctor or other health care provider.
- Invega Trinza [paliperidone palmitate] 3-month injection. Janssen Pharmaceuticals. Titusville, NJ. Accessed Oct. 13, 2020 at https://www.invegatrinza.com/
Related medical questions
- How does Invega Trinza work?
- Can you drink alcohol while taking Invega Sustenna?
- Invega Sustenna vs Invega Trinza vs Invega Hafyera. What's the difference?
- How to transition to Invega Trinza from Invega Sustenna ?
- How to transition to Invega Hayfera from Invega Trinza or Invega Sustenna?
- How do you give an Invega Sustenna injection?
- How is Invega Trinza administered?
- Invega Trinza Information for Consumers
- Invega Trinza Information for Healthcare Professionals (includes dosage details)
- Side Effects of Invega Trinza (detailed)
Related support groups
- Invega Trinza (6 questions, 3 members)