User Reviews for Paliperidone to treat Schizophrenia

Also known as: Invega, Invega Sustenna, Invega Trinza, Invega Hafyera

Paliperidone has an average rating of 4.3 out of 10 from a total of 217 ratings for the treatment of Schizophrenia. 30% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 54% reported a negative effect.

Paliperidone Rating Summary

4.3/10 average rating

Compare all 80 medications used in the treatment of Schizophrenia.

Reviews for Paliperidone

haithamhhh8 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 21, 2021

Invega (paliperidone): “I have been diagnosed with bipolar with psychosis in June 2020. I got 2 loading doses of invega then two others doses in two months , total of 4 doses. Now I am 10 months since the last dose still suffering from weight gain ( 20 Kg ), erectile dysfunction with numb penis and shrinkage, less semen volume. This drug is a awful , DO NOT TAKE THIS MEDICATION AT ALL Unfortunately , I did not have the choice to accept or refuse the drug because I was admitted to hospital at that time , they took the consent from my parents who did not know what this drug is .... This is a post for humanity, please do not use this drug, it ruined my life totally.”

Marycate April 19, 2021

Invega (paliperidone): “Do not take this drug! I was given two injections and don't want anymore, I'm severely depressed because of this stupid horrible drug, cannot concentrate, it literally ruined my brain caused severe brain damage, DO NOT TAKE THIS DRUG! THESE COMPANIES SHOULD BE SUED!”

DollarMan · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 5, 2020

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone): “I got this shot by doctors that had no clue and I had no idea what I got. This shot gave me lower IQ, worse memory, slower thinking, loss of emotions, depression so to say, high level of prolactin, erectile dysfunction, no sperm at all and also anxiety. My memory used to be extremely good and also I had high IQ, but now I have a hard time to remember things and my IQ dropped significantly on IQ tests. Im going to report them to the police and throw a law suit. All of this by a shot I shouldn't have got at all. Ban it please and don't let others go through the same hell as I did.”

Ira · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 7, 2020

Invega (paliperidone): “Put on thos medication for two years. I don't hear voices or anything, but yet I was diagnosed schizophrenic. Made me forget words, feel stupid, impotence, erectile dysfunction, sexual problems overall decreased ambitions, decreased confidence, felt swollen, my life turned upside down. Got off the medication two months ago and increasingly feel better. I hope all the side effects wear off and I go back to normal. I hope.”

TheNugget December 31, 2020

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone): “This drug rendered me bed ridden with no interest in life. I went from being an opinionated funny guy that could read your emotions and make just about anyone laugh, or at least smirk. I've always been very emotional and this drug sucked my soul, will to live and emotions right out of me. I'm left an empty shell of who I was. This drug is referred to as a chemical lobotomy for good reason. It shuts down all free thoughts, the voice in your head, your conscience disappears. With nothing to say, no interest in anything, no thoughts, no emotions, you as a person just about stops existing. No feeling of gratitude, accomplishment, satisfaction. Your thought process and basic decision making skills are destroyed. I've been off this drug for about 5 months now and I'm not seeing too much relief. The fear of "being like this forever" is a constant fear that never lets up, since this isn't a life this is merely existing. My plea and advice to you? Stay away from this medicine.”

Solar April 14, 2021

Invega (paliperidone): “This is the worse medication ever. I was 120lb when I started on this and I gained 80 lbs. My boobs went up from A cup size to D. It has been so hard to lose the the the weight. I don't take the meds anymore and I'm still trying to lose the weight and it cost me other health problems on top of this. I would not wish this this medication for anyone. I did not feel better on it at all. In fact I felt dizzy and was sleepy and all I wanted to to do was eat. I repeated myself constantly while on this med. I blame the manufacturer s for all the damages.”

123 · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 4, 2020

Invega (paliperidone): “NIGHTMARE! I do not recommend this drug. I was taking it for 6 weeks (3 weeks to get me on 900 mg and 3 weeks to get me off). Terrible vivid nightmares that seemed more real than reality. I was wondering if I am dreaming or is it real all the time. My mind was empty. My muscles were in pain, I couldn't properly move my body because of "hard" muscles. I had a feeling of being pregnant - smell and taste changed, I had contractions and I produced milk. Only when this happened doctors decided to put me off that drug. Thank God for body side effects, because doctors don't take serious when you tell them that a drug is bad for mind, emotions etc.”

bobby_doesnotexist · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 25, 2021

Invega (paliperidone): “Was sent to the hospital this January, with a plan of suicide after a big meth bender where they basically said fuck off and stop using drugs and stop bothering us....... (been admitted to psychiatric care multiple times) My GP became infuriated how they just simply dismissed me and put me back on Invega, Within a week my mood improved majorly, my tendencies left, I haven't been using illegal drugs, my life has completely turned around. I have zero sex drive but I'm back at Uni studying my bachelor of science, my parents are super proud of me, my attitude has changed, I'm happier, I have accepted my shortcomings and finally have a goal in life. I think zero sex drive is better than cutting stuff into my face”

Nakunda · Taken for less than 1 month May 18, 2021

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone): “To anyone who has lost their life like I have to this drug, what is the recovery wait time when you stop it? Does this ever get better? Do I ever get the sensitivity in my penis back? Is there any way to treat it? 3 months ago I took my last of 2 Invega injections and I would be thankful for positivity from this nightmare of a lifestyle I have. I lost my instinctive tendencies and so many more side effects a lot like I’ve been reading and just would like to know does it get better? It feels like my instincts where taken away and I have to put a lot more effort into focusing on things”

Dade · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 30, 2019

Invega (paliperidone): “I started taking this medication for 3 months after I was diagnosed with schizophrenia and it has ruined my life. I now have trouble speaking, I'm always anxious, I can barely concentrate on anything, I'm depressed and sleeping a lot, and I no longer get erections and have trouble producing semen. I have been off of it for 2 months and I'm still dealing with the side effects. This is the worst thing I have ever been on and I wouldn't recommend it to anyone.”

De · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 5, 2019

Invega (paliperidone): “I got diagnose with schizophrenia and bipolar in the hospital. I was taking respidone which was helping me a lot but then I start taking invega. This medicine has ruined me. All of the things that I've loved doing now sucks. I was on it for 4 months but I've been off of it for 3 months now but I'm still dealings with side effects. I can't sit still or lay still. I'm always tired my tongue is always numb my speech is off. I can't have a simple conversation I can't sleep at night. I hate waking up in the morning, my thoughts are all confusing and I feel weak. My body is really sensitive......I just miss the old me.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 28, 2020

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone): “I've taken this for 3 and a half years and I noticed I have a ridiculously bad memory,I will start a sentence "I remember this one time " then I won't know what I was talking about in mid sentence - I forget what I'm talking about. I don't know if I have a sex drive cause I have no partner, and I gained 40lbs. I don't have an appetite,I don't feel hungry yet still I'm overweight, probably because my body thinks it's starving and I gain weight when I do eat. I have to make myself eat what feels like gross food even though it's good food. I have no feelings, my emotions are numb. This medication did help my paranoia though.I've become fat and forgetful.”

Ethan · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 31, 2020

Invega (paliperidone): “So, I was high energy and a lovely person before taking this drug. After my second shot of 234mg, I became so tired and depressed like all the life had been sucked out of me. No longer bubbly and energetic I would just lie down all day with no energy to move. Very sad. Very very sad.”

Remi October 14, 2019

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone): “I took 6 injections over a 6 month period. I didn't notice much in the first couple of months. It helped with the paranoia, I still heard voices to a lesser extent. Around the 5th month, I had noticed I gained 50 lbs (115 to 165) It happened so rapidly. I also began to lactate. That was all horrible but the worst of it was the severe anhedonia. They wanted to slowly taper me off the injection but I refused to take any more after the 6 month period. I felt mentally slower. I got no pleasure from listening to music, or watching TV. I stopped laughing. This is just my personal experience, but if you look up this medicine you will find there are many people that have gone through a similar experience. It's been 14 months since my last injection and I think I have mentally fully recovered. I think this drug is too potent. I am almost certain it gave me some sort of brain damage. One of the biggest regrets of my life is taking this drug, I was better off before.”

Baelish · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 3, 2020

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone): “Where do I start with the side effects of Invega Sustenna, sexual dysfunction, yes, my penis, is useless I feel like a 2 year old. I have severe anhedonia (loss of pleasure), I have put on 20 kg, I sleep for 11-12 hours a day and just overall feel terrible my memory’s horrible, I’m depressed and just feel like I am not living some days. What ever you do do not take this drug other anti psychotics drugs are better they don’t all have the same effects so just try aiming else”

Double D · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 13, 2020

Invega (paliperidone): “Suffering and miserable on this drug Invega. I take 117mg monthly injections. The frequent side effects I get are thoughtless, emotionless, akathisia, anxiety, a lot of difficulty with memory focus and concentration like I can't learn much. Unmotivated I sit around a lot feeling numb and mentally blank. Increased depression, dead sex drive or no interest with sex. Weight gain”

E May 17, 2019

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone): “Worst experience of my life. I can't describe all of the side effects I had on invega Sustenna in 1000 characters, but my mind was disturbingly blank on this medication. It was as if all of my conscious thoughts were gone. I gained 25 pounds even though I just got the initial dose & lost muscle. My delusions did go away so it worked for that, but it felt like it was because my thoughts stopped. I've gotten 4 sprains and one pulled muscle since I got injected with this poison at the end of August last year. My skin started flaking off and and my hair was falling out. I couldn't feel any emotions. I was unable to orgasm for the first month. There were more side effects, & I don't think I fully conveyed the desperation I felt on this medication. I would like to let people who have gotten on it & hate it that there is hope & you will get better - once you are off it”

CianRhapsody · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 9, 2021

Invega (paliperidone): “Tricked into this at the mental ward because of psychosis caused by Bipolar 1 and I absolutely don't like it. I am unable to think and retain information, I get no joy out of music, food, books, or TV anymore. I am a visual artist who no longer has inspiration. I can barely remember my characters or their stories. I can't think or write with any regularity. I can no longer laugh regularly or feel most emotions. It has been a miserable experience. I can't imagine what kind of sadism it takes to create a drug that makes people so empty inside. I am missing memories and all kinds of pieces of my old self. I can deal with not having a sex drive. I can't deal with the rest of the side effects. I want my brain back.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years September 13, 2020

Invega (paliperidone): “I feel that Invega is some sort of torture. I’m a man of God I never in my life felt sicker on 234mg of Invega. I felt like life doesn’t exist and insects are my friend not to mention the physical trauma my mind and body is going threw. I cannot get off Invega because I don’t have a place to live, plus this is the go to drug when they have power advocate their own sick minds into the world with the doctors.”

Hmm.. · Taken for 2 to 5 years November 16, 2021

Invega Trinza (paliperidone): “I've been getting the invega trinza injection for about 3 years now. My life before hand; continuous hospital visits, absolutely no stability and no order in terms of thought. Every symptom of bipolar/schizophrenia I exuded. While undergoing this treatment, I've been able to finish my degree, obtain 2 licenses and formulate and create memories that weren't just about hospital visits. There are down sides. In the last year, I've started getting headaches frequently. I've gained 50 lbs and I don't too much like socializing with others and sometimes it can be awkwardly detached. I have what seems to be hypergraphia but in my head/thinking (only way to put it); compulsive and sometimes impulsive behavior/reactions. So... do I recommend this injection? I guess I would if nothing else has helped (I'm taking 819mg injection). It's also convenient if you don't like taking daily pills. Forgot to mention, my hallucinations are obsolete, but I still experience bouts of depression.”

BlkGirlLost · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 30, 2019

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone): “The one positive effect of this drug (InVega Sustenna 150 mg every 4 weeks) is that it controls my hallucinations and delusions. But the trade off is really hard to bear. I’ve lost all the joy in my life, the anhedonia is so bad that I have to live in a constant state of pretending to be happy because I am now unable to feel any kind of happiness or pleasure especially from activities I once enjoyed very much. I can’t recall things and my memories have evaporated. I feel blunted and flat all the time. I can’t function in a meaningful way, and feel more depressed than I ever have in my life. I’ve gained lots of weight, lost muscle tone yet I feel agitated like I want to jump out of my skin all the time. Being on this medication is a living nightmare. I am 43 and feel like life has come to a screeching halt.”

Momofschizophreniachild · Taken for less than 1 month April 3, 2018

Invega (paliperidone): “My son (23 year old) got the Invega shot. It's the worst thing ever. It's making him cripple, still hearing voices, shuffling when he walks, insomnia. This drug needs to be taken off the market I am going to write to the FDA it's very expensive and does nothing to help. Where are our tax money going? Why isn't there a cure? The insurance companies are blood suckers. The poor mental health patients cannot get any help. I am so sick and tired of this disease right now I just want my child back.”

Deb · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 25, 2020

Invega (paliperidone): “Taking Invega makes me spaced out and wierd. Spend most of my time lying in bed. Feel miserable. Wish I don’t have to take the medicine. But my sister is supervising to make sure I take the medicine. What should I do? Feel good when I am not taking any psychotic medicine”

bd1 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 15, 2018

Invega Sustenna (paliperidone): “If I could rate this medication a 0, I would. Going on this medication was one of the biggest mistakes of my life. I have bipolar I disorder and suffered a severe manic episode that didn’t respond to Seroquel or Risperdal. The psychiatrist prescribed me Invega and while it got rid of my mania and psychosis, it completely altered my personality. I had absolutely no emotion at all. I did not feel any sort of joy or happiness. Not to mention I gained at least 20pounds (I’m a very active 24 year old). The suicidal thoughts were so severe that I needed to be hospitalized. The absolute worst part is that even when you stop Invega, it stays in your system for months. It has an extremely long half life. If you want to be a zombie and lose interest in everything you ever loved, then take this medicine. If you’d like to be a productive member of society, avoid this medication at all costs. Find another medicine.”

Doug · Taken for less than 1 month October 28, 2021

Invega Hafyera (paliperidone): “I do not recommend this medication to people. It does have 6 halve lives like invega sustenna and trinza only difference is that Invega Hafyera is a 6 month injection with a half life of approximately 150 days. To work out how long it lasts in your body you multiply by 5.5 meaning is can last up to 600 days - over 1 and a half years. Meaning it takes 1.5 year to get most out of your body. If you take this injection you are in deep deep trouble especially if you have a bad reaction to it, just take abilify pills if you need something. I hope people read this before taking the injection. How it got approved by the FDA I have got no idea it should be banned. Unfortunate souls who taken this injection my heart really goes out to you. It is dangerous like sustenna and trinza and riddled with side effects. Side effects could be permanent so be aware.”

Learn more about Schizophrenia