User Reviews for Aripiprazole systemic

Bipolar Disorder
5.8

Summary of Aripiprazole reviews 6.3 798 reviews

Reviews for Aripiprazole

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Since starting Abilify (in combo with Lamictal), I find that my depression, both the major and mild symptoms, is gone! On just Lamictal it was mild but still there. Now it's as if it's been wiped out. Hope this lasts, as I haven't been on the drug very long. I also have mood swings and impulsivity issues so I think it helps with that too. Now I'm just waiting for something for my OCD and attention issues."

kellymcnamara1994 December 10, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "One of the most horrible drugs I have seen. A terrible reaction. Anger and hostility, craziness and spending. Watch out for this drug. It was horrendous."

mom witness (taken for less than 1 month) December 7, 2018

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I do not know about other medication to alleviate BPD symptoms. So I have nothing to compare Abilify with. I've been taking Abilify, 10mg, for over 2 years. Doing great, I decided to stop it. Within a few days, BPD symptoms came back.... mood swings, rage. I'm back on Abilify and I feel much better again. It was reckless of me to think I could do without."

MamaBear (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 5, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Bipolar Disorder: "I’ve tried every mood stabilizer, typical psychotic and atypical antipsychotic for my Aspergers and Bipolar depression, and Abilify always helps the most. I feel happy on it and it helps me with dysphoric mania consistently. It does cause weight gain, but I have been able to lose weight on it by cutting calories to 1500 a day and walking regularly. Plus, it has a generic version now, so it’s cheap!"

Dizzydaisy (taken for 10 years or more) November 30, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Depression: "I have ADHD and treatment resistance Major Depressive Disorder. I have tried just about every medication to treat my depression and nothing worked for the past 15 years. This year my doctor rx'ed me 5 mg of Abilify to add with Vyvanse and Wellbutrin. I can say for the first time in my life; I'm not depressed. I have never felt this happy before. I'm not used to being happy and keep waiting for something bad to happen and relapse, but day by day passes and I still feel AMAZING!!!"

Morgan (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 26, 2018

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I am a 26 yo female with MDD, Anxiety and ADHD and had just about given up on any medication working for me. I have tried just about any anti-depressant, mood stabilizer, etc. you can think of without luck. Last December my psychiatrist recommended Abilify (generic) on its own as I did not want to experiment with any more SSRI’s. Abilify changed my life in 1 week. I went from barely being able to get out of bed and function, no energy, and brain fog to the happiest, most energetic human on the planet. My fiancé has had nothing but positive things to say. I have had NO side effects on this medication and it’s been almost a year. It’s a miracle for me. I haven’t felt like this in over a decade since my teens. I am only on 2mg and this dose is super potent for me. I was able to get off of Adderall with this Rx. Don’t give up! The right medication is out there. I am so happy I did not give up on trying to find the right treatment. Thank you god for Abilify!"

MissX92 (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 26, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Depression: "I absolutely hate abilify. I cannot stay still I feel like I have to be doing something constantly and even when I am doing something I feel the need to lay down all the time. I get super bad shakes, super sweaty all the time, and bad insomnia. I can't even eat anymore this medication makes me feel like not myself. I'm glad it has worked well for other people but this just isn't for me even when I'm off of it I still feel the same I'm not sure how long it takes to get out of your system"

assirallll (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2018

Abilify Maintena (aripiprazole) for Schizophrenia: "This drug is terrible. I can’t remember a thing. No desire or passion for anything. Stops my thought process almost entirely. Very scary."

14443413 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 11, 2018

For Schizophrenia: "Very initial impression !! So my parents have both same kind problem My mother have schiz for 30 years taking her pills every day My father also had something bad never deganoised so one day psychotic doctor got him this drug I was thinking yeah I got problem too. Been afaird all time from drugs a So I took it and felt good for week from one pill, next time I took 2.5mg only The good impact was focus on project, my hobbies that I like, more friendly, have more deep conversation , easy to listen to music while typing, I had distraction when focussed on something and someone come and start talking I always needed same time adjust the sounds of the songs while doing something is clear still while focusing else where. The bad impact is that I can't be so bored for too long, sleeping though can help relax it Also I have some irritability Just want say that"

Undaignosed November 10, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been on this medicine for over a month. After the first few days, I could feel that I was getting better❤️ I had lots of energy, a great attitude, depression and anxiety is gone❤️ I did have to go from 2 mg to 5 mg, because it was seeming less effective, and the transition has been good. The only bad thing is I get indigestion every day, but nothing a rolaids can’t fix. I highly recommend this medication"

Baby hair (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 8, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Depression: "Started working within 5 days for depression and anxiety. Feel great and no side effects. Taking 2 mg in combination with 5mg of lexapro."

Martin (taken for less than 1 month) November 3, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was started on Abilify as a mood stabilizer for Bipolar I manic episodes . I was afraid to take it at first (as I am with all meds), but I took 1/4 of the pill days 1-2. Felt no I’ll effects except tiredness. Took 1/2 pill for 2 weeks. Noticed immediately my mood levelled out. Still made me tired at night. Groggy in the morning but wore off as the day went on. Now, on a whole 5mg and so far it has been wonderful! I feel so much happier and levelled off with my moods. I feel normal. It’s fantastic! It still makes me tired when I first take it at night (so I can sleep finally), but the early morning grogginess is much better. Used to last all morning. Now lasts maybe an hour. Love it!!"

Tallula Belle (taken for less than 1 month) October 28, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was once told by a man online that serotonin and dopamine our happy feel good neurotransmitters. And that to contain my bipolar volatility my doctor was turning down the volume. Side effect. I have no get up n go. My head was once a storm.. now a glassy lake. But there is no wind. No sound. No nothing anymore. I feel empty. Numb. Tired, weak, never sad, never happy. Just flat. I’m tapering off of all antipsychotics and moving onto lithium orotate. Life could be so much better. "

Polar warrior (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 25, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Agitated State: "From the time my son could walk he was getting into trouble, he always had problematic tendencies, and very defiant. Everything I mean EVERYTHING was a fight. Life was a struggle. He started attending day care at 3.5years and ultimately got kicked out. He was put on blood pressure medicine at the age of 4, (hardly did anything.) ADHD medication; methanphetamine at age 5 (only worsened his symptoms.) resperidone at 6yrs, which took the edge off but he became more irritable only after 3mth. And Abilify age 7 and thus far his behavior, aggression, attention span has improved and everyone in the house hold and school does nothing but compliment how well mannered he is!!! (I never thought this day would come) yes he has gained weight but the benefits outweigh the side effects. I’m so grateful for this medication!!!! Finding what works or doesn’t work has been a trial and error process, but in my mind ability is a miracle drug."

HelloBob (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 24, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Bipolar Disorder: "This drug made my life miserable, dumbed me down, made me like a zombie. Hardly any thoughts or expression & then the Big one..I couldn’t sit down! The side effect Akathisia, which is intense restlessness. sounds like no big deal but it was an everyday, every minute struggle I suffered horribly! I’d walk down the street to pass time I’d count hours till the day was over, I literally couldn’t sit down, I sat to eat and had to stand back up as soon as I stopped chewing. I smoked cigarettes for 8 years and I tried to quit every Sunday, turns out that one treatment for Akathisia is nicotine. My doc never picked up on it and I was taking Abilify so long I thought it was just what I had become. When I went off of Abilify I could live again. In almost every way. Not only can I sit down in peace but I can think clearly. I didn’t realize how much it was DUMBING ME DOWN. Don’t take this Just work on yourself, take other meds. This medication is like a mild lobotomy. Not worth it"

Abilify Isalobotomy October 24, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Bipolar Disorder: "I am a 42 year old woman and diagnosed with Bipolar and ADHD. I highly recommend this medication. I was at 10mg and it rescued me from a manic episode that was so bad that I was psychotic. It not only cleared that right up, but it improved my concentration. I did suffer from minor akethesia. I was able to control it without a problem. However, three years later, I have gained a lot of weight. I am now taking 5mg and monitoring with my doc. After a month, the weight is coming off, but I am now hypomanic...a beautiful yet scary place to be. Where to go from here, I’m not sure."

BipolarBear76 (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 21, 2018

For Agitated State: "I am a 51 yr old Veteran. I have been on Ambilify for six months now. I started at 10mg and now up to 20mg. I had hoped for a lot out of this drug based on reviews and my doctor's advice. Instead of the hyper-aggressive behavior of before, I now feel like the unpopular kid at recess. It has made me into a very lethargic person. It does help with the aggressive behavior, but other than that, the drug has not lived up to its hype. I also have seen weight gain and now have been prescribed a sleep aid (Ambian) to help with the racing thoughts at night."

radiosmitty (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 17, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "First started the med my sleep and appetite and energy started improving at 5mg it helped my moods a little bit I thought finally a medicine that works. Side effects were restlessness a little daytime drowsiness. Then increased my dose to 10mg from there my depression got a lot worse I was so restless and my tiredness was very bad I was disoriented. I wasn't driving all I did was lay in bed going crazy"

Jacob (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Bipolar Disorder: "I felt like a different person. I felt weird, socially with drawn, and introverted. I had fogginess in the back of my head. I had no appetite or sex drive. I had shaky legs and hands. I was up all night. I would have times where my eyes were out of focus and I couldn’t see straight. Please do not take this medication. Everybody is different but my experience was horrible. As I stopped taking it, these side effects are going away. I couldn’t function or do simple tasks."

Wilmar (taken for less than 1 month) October 3, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for : "I was on abilify for a month for tics. The first 5 days were hard to get used to but once I got used to it I noticed side effects such as numbness in my thumbs, always lightheaded, and basically a zombie. It was interfering with my work and made miss days. I wasn’t ticking only because I was a zombie. I was taking this medication twice a day, once in the morning and once at night."

Nick (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 3, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Bipolar Disorder: "Hello, I will love to share My experience with this medication. My name is Tay, and I was diagnosed with Bipolar disorder with major mood swings affecting my daily life such as work. I tried Abilify 10 mg and it make me feel like the living dead, no energy feeling tired and really bad increase of anxiety and feeling paranoid. I was then lowered the dosage to 5mg, however is still make me tired and increased of anxiety. My physician does not want to take me off of it. I really do not wish to proceed with this medication. I stopped taking it without letting my doctor know. I really hope to tried something else Thanks"

tayshalee (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 2, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've had unexpected benefits with this drug. For one I am hypoglycemic, and this tends to keep my sugars normal. Plus when I'm off meds I tend to drink to keep my mind under control-thats a bad thing since I have gastritis. I had been off it for about two weeks and drank last night and was up half the night with my stomach. I'm not an alcoholic, have discussed my drinking habits with the doctor, they are not concerned. But I have started my meds today again because of my stomach. I love being unmedicated, but this helps me control my thoughts and I don't tend to get out of control on it. So yes, works 10/10 for me. I like latuda a little better than this med, but due to cost I'll stick with this one for now."

loose cannon September 29, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Bipolar Disorder: "Gave me extremely painful full-body cramps after a week."

Megumi (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I was 280pounds on olanzapine and was switched to arpiprazole. I lost 80 pounds in 6 months and have maintained the lower weight for over a year. But I did have a 2 month severe withdrawal period when I stopped the olanzapine. After that, I felt the same on the aripiprazole as I did on the olanzapine, minus the severe obesity. I like aripiprazole, and I have no sexual dysfunction as I did on olanzapine."

jr (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 23, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I have been taking 15 mg of Abilify for 2 months. I’ve lost 6 kg and feel amazing. My depression is all but gone my day to day tasks seem easy now in comparison to my previous med (Risperdal) where I gained 15 kg and was lethargic and unmotivated all the time. I also developed very high prolactin levels from the Risperdal which have now returned to normal since starting Abilify. My symptoms are gone and I feel free for first time in 10 years. I’ve previously been on olanzapine and sodium valproate and like I said Risperdal. Over the last 2 years on those meds I gained 42 kg mostly on olanzapine even with a healthy diet. Now its 15 mg Abilify, 300mg lamotragine and 1700mg metformin. I feel amazing and am finally losing weight. Love Abilify. Awesome medication. Had no side effects except bit drowsy for first 5 days."

Medhead (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 16, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...