User Reviews for Aripiprazole

Also known as: Abilify, Abilify Discmelt, Abilify Maintena, Abilify MyCite, Aristada

Tourette's Syndrome

Bipolar Disorder
5.8

Summary of Aripiprazole reviews 6.3 748 reviews

Reviews for Aripiprazole

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Bipolar Disorder: "This drug was initially good at mitigating some aspects of mania for me. It also made me feel less anxious and I cared less about what others thought of me for a few months. The drug seemed to loose its effectiveness and my psychiatrist said it may have been amplifying self harm thoughts. For these reasons I give it a 5/10. I am now on risperidol."

Tyler (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 12, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Autism: "we had my grandson on abilify for a year and we upped his dosage and down it as well, yet his aggression never stopped, We finally got him weaned off and his aggressive behavior has increased severely, also his tics have increased, He can't stop moving he was hitting his feet and head cause his brain is not connecting to his right thoughts. He is high functional autism, I do not recommend this drug to them at all"

mrs.G (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 10, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Autism: "My 7 year old son is on 2mg. It has completely changed our family. He has not broken a window on kicked in a door since starting abilify. Before birth he was exposed to drug, alcohol, violence, chemotherapy, and pain killers. I adopted him at a year. He is diagnosed with Reactive attachment disorder (RAD) and Asperger Syndrome. He is so calm now. He still gets irritated if things are not his way, but he is does not act on his anger."

Mom of 3 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 6, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Bipolar Disorder: "It did not stabilize my moods. I’m still all over the place, and the fact that I can’t sit still get really under my nerves. I’m super paranoid on this. I feel 10x worse than I did before. It messed me up completely. Side Effects: Severe akathisia, High anxiety, Paranoia, Delusions, Mania, Depression, Suicidal Ideation. I only took this for 2 weeks at a low dose of 5mg and I'M DONE."

TJ (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Autism: "My son already had looping, fast thoughts that were driving him crazy. Abilify sped those thoughts up and made it worse. Couldn't wait for the drug to wear off!"

JZ (taken for less than 1 month) June 5, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Abilify was awful. Caused severe dizziness and balance problems which led to many falls."

Dr. J (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "At 40mg/day aripiprazole stopped my manic episodes, but did little to decrease auditory/ visual hallucinations. My pdoc will add 12.5 mg of clozaril to help with the hallucinations. I have gained some weight, but other then that have had minimal side effects."

rickmed (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 19, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "Bad stomach issues, felt confused & dazed on first try. I’m gonna give it a shot for another week, but I’m becoming super paranoid on this ...."

kelliY (taken for less than 1 month) May 18, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Bipolar Disorder: "Horrible experience with Abilify. Was like taking speed, but in a really inefficient mess of a way. Could not keep on top of my work, would start a million things and finish none. Stopped after less than a week of use."

bpd789 (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Bipolar Disorder: "Weight gain and depression"

cls (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 13, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Autism: "This was for my son. The side effects are worse than the original problems. Extreme weight gain immediately craved food, excessive thirst, already high triglycerides made worse, vision changes immediately. Trying to get my son off the medication is making the symptoms worse with behavior and insomnia. He is no longer needing to eat non-stop and he doesn’t use his glasses all day anymore if at all which is how it was before. He has had many almost psychotic episodes screaming that he doesn’t know what he wants to do and completely unable to go to sleep. He has separation anxiety cannot be alone, increased aggression and work refusal at school. It’s been a month of trying to wean him off. Gradually every step down causes more problems like this. I highly recommend not trying this drug. I was pressured into it by the hospital and my ex husband against my wishes."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 28, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "Too activating, started binging on alcohol and drugs."

ales (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 22, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Depression: "It's better every year."

Hb (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 22, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have a love-hate relationship with this drug. On one hand, it immediately stopped my paranoid thoughts and delusions and made me feel normal again.. mentally. On the other hand, it gave me this unshakable restless and irritated energy. I wasn't able to sit still, complete anything I loved, or even listen to friends. If you don't mind feeling like you have to run a marathon an hour this might work for you."

Paranoid (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 18, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Schizophrenia: "Not myself on this medication. Feel lethargic. Plus symptoms of depression have gotten worse and so as to being more paranoid. Feel emotionless and zombified after 2 months of taking it. Will never take this medication again"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I don’t know how to explain how incredible I feel since being on 2mgs for only 5,6 days. I was under extreme stress for years & became totally frozen with fear, anxiety, major depression and was spinning out of control. I worked with my psychiatrist, gave her my exact symptoms. She was just so understanding, as I am not a huge proponent of psychopharmacology, nor have I ever taken something so strong. Im using less pain medication, I’m running again, I’m waking up and able to get out of bed, which I haven’t been in so long ... I’m losing weight which feels miraculous.... I feel miraculous! This drug is giving me my life back!"

FLSunshine (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2018

Abilify Maintena (aripiprazole) for Schizophrenia: "This medications side effects are far worse then any good it does. If you don't mind sleeping all day , gaining weight , breaking out with zits , becoming a total zombie and doing nothing productive with your life at all this is the drug for you. Hearing voices is not so bad in comparison to how bad this drug makes you feel and the want to gambling your life savings away. The second the injection enters your blood you instantly feel greasy. This stuff is a total joke and has the power to turn a smart and clever individual into a total brainless slug."

Overmydeadbody (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 5, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was on abilify for a diagnosis of mixed bipolar disorder and generalized anxiety disorder following a hospitalization. I was on it for about a year . I found it helpful, and easily tolerated at first - it helped reduce hallucinations and paranoia while improving my fluctuating mood. However, even at its highest dose, it wasn’t strong enough or potent enough for me I suppose - it just didn’t match up. I continued to have some paranoia and whenever I was more upset than usual, I’d have breakthrough hallucinations. What made the docs take me off of it was the oral twitching I developed and bizarre tongue movements, which are signs of tardive dyskinesia, a rare side effect. Newer antipsychotics have less instances of this condition, but it’s still possible. Anyway, I was taken off of it and placed on another antipsychotic. Still have tongue movements though... An overall okay drug, it works for a lot of people, but not everyone!"

Sunguppy (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 27, 2018

For Depression: "This drug gave me intolerable akathisia, or at least that's what I think it was. I could not stand to sit still. The first day was the worst, so I hoped the side effect would wear off, but after a month I gave up on it."

HeatherVS (taken for less than 1 month) March 24, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I have been taking abilify for one to two years now and I don't feel any different. I still have panic attacks I still feel like crying and wanting to stay in bed all day. I feel scared all the time, I still feel depressed 24/7"

Kaitlynm394 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 3, 2018

Abilify Maintena (aripiprazole) for Schizophrenia: "I have been on this medication for 3 months and it has worked for my condition (Schizophrenia) the voices are less frequent and I am able to live a normal life. 9/10"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Autism: "Took them for a year. Didn't really do much and the side effects outweighed the benefits. It started a pattern of new insomnia where I wake up multiple times a night so I went off of it and got really irritating and anxiety triggering dyskenesia. Over a year since I've taken them and the sleep problems have not stopped. It absolutely fried my short term memory. People are always telling me the same thing over and over again because I can't remember things anymore."

EvieFrye (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 25, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "Taken for one month now at 2mg. In morning along with my venlafaxine 50mg morning, 25 mg venlafaxine, around 8pm and I take 50 mg seroquel at bedtime. My conditions are Bipolar 2, anxiety, and severe depression. 54 year old male. I'm finally feeling stable and happy. Hope things keep working well, last year was the worst of my life. Hope you all find a doctor that eases you up on your medications so you can adjust and not be overwhelmed with all the side effects."

jimbojim February 17, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "I haven't experienced any changes with this medication."

Twingirls1 February 15, 2018

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Depression: "After suffering with depression for 10 years this has finally helped me. I also take wellbutrin 300mg I hated being on SSRI's cause of the weight gain and lack of sex drive which is not a problem with these drugs I'm so thankful for abilify 5mg it has given me my life back!"

Tracey 130206 February 9, 2018