User Reviews for Aripiprazole

Also known as: Abilify, Abilify Discmelt, Abilify Maintena, Aristada

Learn more about Aripiprazole.

Borderline Personality Disorder 9 reviews 0 medications

6.3
Bipolar Disorder 206 reviews 28 medications

Summary of Aripiprazole reviews 630 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Aripiprazole

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on abilify for 6 weeks now and am still experiencing anxiety, agitation, constipation. I also feel sedated although I feel like I can't sit still."

Angel 23 March 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I had taken Abilify (Aripiprazole) for around 6 months when I decided to stop taking it. Not only is it super expensive, but I found It didn't work for me at all. When I first started taking it I was very sedated and tired. Eventually It had no side effects on me, but no positive ones either! My mood swings were constant and my outbursts weren't any less. Nobody in my immediate family who were aware of my BPD noticed a difference. It didn't work for me, But it is definitely worth a try because it doesn't have any major side effects like weight gain. Just very pricey."

Alisonhendix March 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Agitated State: "Abilify made me extremely aggitated about the smallest things that wouldn't normally anger me. The time I was on it I am surprised I didn't end up in prison or a psych ward. One of the worst experiences of my life.. They must have had a good ad campaign for this drugs, because doctors seems to think it is the answer to everything. Fact is, the two trials done for the drug before it became the next coming of Jesus were done by the drug company who made it. Funny thing is, thy didn't hide in their trial that is caused agitation in a little less than half of their patients, which raises the question of why these companies even bother doin trials. They should just sell sugar pills, because it is clear that money was their only motivator..."

Nexxt March 13, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Autism: "After 15 years of suffering from all kind of behaviors and agression we found the best neaouroligist in the world who cured my son from autisum, and it was a cure, if he was able to control the bheavior then he cured him to me. My son took 7. 5 abilify in the morning along with 2500mg of depakin chrono at night he took one 25 mg seroquel and depakin and 0. 25 clonozepam..My life has changed life is beautiful once you find the right combination..Abilify is a good medication. I love it"

KALAWANGU March 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Autism: "My 9 year old Pervasive Developmental Disorder-Not Otherwise Specified (PDD-NOS) son has had aggressive outbursts since he was in preschool and it was unpredictable. We started him on Abilify and immediately saw his whole demeanor relax. No weight gain and no problems with blood work so far at 5mg. He is less anxious, not aggressive and more communicative. The medication has changed our lives."

Vermont Mom (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 8, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Schizophrenia: "Excellent medication! When I was first on Abilify I hated it. At first the doctors put me on 10mg which I hated because the dose was too high ( thinking about it now) . Then my doctor raised it to 20mg which was just making me even more emotionless. So I switched back to risperidone consta (injection), but I've always hated risperidone consta, so I thought my life was over. But then I noticed I had a full pack of abilify left over from before. So I decided to take just small dose of Abilify along side the risperidone consta, and guess what? The Abilify is great at such a small dose. It completely blocks the side effects of risperidone and I can live a greater life now. So I take Abilify and have risperidone injection every 2weeks."

Huystread 2222 (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 3, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Depression: "Worst medication I've ever taken. Experienced every side effect except sudden death and compulsive gambling. Started to feel like a zombie devoid of anything real. If you're not psychotic, don't take this!!!"

Triple Dee (taken for 5 to 10 years) March 2, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder: "I started taking abilify generic about a month ago. I didn't realize how depressed physically and mentally I was. I have more mental and physical to do things. I take 30 mgs along with 800 tegreol, 300 Wellbutrin, 60 cymbalta. I'm still having mild mood swings but most of my depression and hypo mania is gone. No side effects. Hope I can take this for a long time. Good luck to you all."

Crackedpot (taken for less than 1 month) March 2, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Depression: "I have experienced depression for years now and nothing seemed to work or I would get all of the side affects. A few weeks ago my Dr prescribed Abilify and wow, it works. I am taking 5mg a day currently. I say give it a try. It improved my mood my depression. After a few days. It has given me a better quality of life with my 10 yr old son. It has pulled me out of the dark . I hope it keeps working."

Shalshock (taken for less than 1 month) February 28, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Depression: "I have been treated with situational depression that turned to a chemical imbalance and have tried just about every SSRI/ SNRI out there. I was on Cymbalta 60mg alone for several years and even with ability 2mg but it wasn't until I tried cymbalta 60mg with Abilify 5 mg that I saw real results I have more energy than I have had in several years, my anxiety and social anxiety levels have diminished to almost non existent. I don't seem to have any side effects from the Abilify. Hope some of you try my advice."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 25, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Did nothing for my delusions and hearing voices. It only made me twitchy, unable to sleep, agitated and gave me extreme tremor. On only 5 mg. I much prefer olanzapine, more effective with milder side effects."

BabygirlXOXO February 21, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Major Depressive Disorder: "Have been on Abilify for 9 days. It started working in 1-2 days, however don't feel discouraged if you are not seeing immediate results - they say it can take time. I started taking 2.5mg to augment my Effexor 375mg. Abilify lifted me out of depression and gave me energy and motivation to do things again. It took away all my anxiety symptoms and made my worries seem foolish. I'd been worrying intensely for a long time so it was a great relief. It did initially make me a little sleepy. And I think I've gained 1 kg (2.5lbs) so I'll have to watch it in that respect. So far I am entirely grateful for this drug. I spent so much time here reading the reviews before starting it, I was determined to come back and leave my own."

ifyouneed (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder: "Abilify works great for me to stablilize my mood . I take it to stable my moods and for anger issues. It has been a life saver. It mellows me out and helps me manage my anger/irritability. When I first started taking it, it made me sleepy and I didn't feel like doing anything. After a couple of weeks, that passed and I had more energy and motivation to get things done."

Mlf77 February 12, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Depression: "I`ve dealt with profound depression most of my adult life. I`ve gone the gamut of most antidepressants with varying degrees of success. Most, even the very useful, usually lose potency after a few yearsl Out of desperation, my physician prescribed a small dose of 2 mg of Abilify in conjunction with Wellbutrin. Within a few days, my energy levels skyrocketed and my mood greatly improved. Even though I`m concerned about the many side effects, I plan on staying with it while it still helps."

JC 69 February 9, 2017

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I am very happy with Abilify. I have been on it with Lexapro and klonopin and I am feeling much better than I was. I can make firm decisions. As a matter of fact I bought my first home at 58. I take care of my own finances and for the most part I am very pleased with my adulthood. I am a wonderful grandma and my babies love me. It is awesome to be me. I feel free and "human ". I am blessed!!!!"

Noblee (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 8, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Depression: "First I was afraid to start on this drug, I tried respiredone it was horrible - I had nightmares and fatigue, and I felt verry foggy. Doctor put me on abilify 2.5 mg in addition to effexor 300mg it works very well it gave me stability never been stable for long, no ups and downs it made my days better and really lift my mood! When I tried to stop I went into anxiety and depression so now I decide to go back on it. It really worth trying! No side affects except little fatigue. Life savior. No mood swings"

Deealt February 5, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I've left an experience description on this site, on July 1, 2016. On the plus side, I'm still calm, socially acceptable, void of psychosis, anger, am kinder and gentler. But I've and continue to do so, developed anxiety. It is accompanied by a strong depression. The quality of my life has taken a turn for the worse for the last two months or so. And it is constantly getting worse. Today I took half a tablet of Clonazepam, as suggested and prescribed by my psychiatrist for exactly this reason. Anxiety, panic. And it helped!! But I resent to have to take a pill for such deeply disturbing and serious a side effect. Especially one such pill that is potentially extremely habit-forming, tolerance-developing, and dependence-training."

KarinthyFrigyes (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 2, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Tourette's Syndrome: "I was put on 2mg of generic Abilify (aripiprazole) in June 2016 for tics caused by Tourette Syndrome, and titrated to 5mg after about a month. At 5mg, this medicine worked for my tics quite well, but some of the common side effects I experienced after a few months on the medicine is weight gain, blood sugar spikes (I also have type 1 diabetes), and the inability to sit still (i.e. the need to always be doing something, because everything I once enjoyed now bored me). I would also add that this medication is very expensive. I was uninsured for a month, and the pharmacy charged me $864.00 for a 1-month supply of GENERIC aripiprazole, made in India; needless to say, I did not buy it. This medicine is also difficult to withdraw from; TAPER SLOW"

r.w. February 1, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Tourette's Syndrome: "After taking 2-5mg of Abilify, it dramatically helped my tics at first, but it progressed them long-term. Years later I am still severely physically and mentally disabled by new illnesses I never had before. It deteriorated my mental health by causing conditions including: ADHD, and anxiety/panic disorder. I also developed Tardive Dyskinesia and Akathisia. After about 2 months, I had developed such severe withdrawals I could not get off. It was so intolerable that it took multiple drugs to counteract its side effects, and even then, they still were nowhere near manageable."

DWAG (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 25, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Depression: "I've suffered depression from 35 years. It started situational then was magnified by an intense traumatic brain injury in 2010. I've tried every AD on market. I had horrible side effects, trouble tapering down, and really no relief. On Abilify, no weight gain. No spaciness. No dilated pupils. This drug works. Even through a death 12/30 & husband Dxed BiP over Xmas. I'm not taking any other AD. 1mg. Plus Klonopin."

Sun Moon & Stars (taken for less than 1 month) January 17, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Bipolar Disorder: "Total Mania, could not sleep, monitored sleep showed never in REM sleep at all over an 8 hour period. Anxious, increased Resp Rate, wide awake, no hunger, racking thoughts. Unable to finally function at job related to no sleep. This drug is horrid!"

Manic now January 13, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Abilify Maintena (aripiprazole) for Schizophrenia: "Forced onto this medication via a CTO. Delusions are still strong and troublesome. Doctors have no idea how to treat this condition. Side effects include insomnia, anxiety, constantly feeling sick and have therefore lost weight. This medication is completely ineffective and it is easier to live with the delusions without the negative side effects."

Flowag77 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 7, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Bipolar Disorder: "This drug I was given trying to reduce tremors which my medical team they believe it is due to Lithium taken for 30 years. I have been taking Aripirazole 2 mg for 17 days. The tremors have not really reduced ... but the positive effects are more energy, feeling more upbeat, sleeping same. Some of this I think is I had to reduce the Lithium so it may be an offset . I am monitoring the Manic side of my disorder though ... I want to be careful. I am easily distracted, get headaches, lightheaded, off balance, blurred vision at night, heartburn, body pain, constipation. I am going to stay on this med at least until I see my Therapist on the 17th unless I have more side effects which then I would find out how to wean off."

28 January 7, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Autism: "My step-son, who is 13 now, has been taken Aripiprazole 2 Mg for over a year now. We have noticed big positive changes - he is able to focus more and is a lot more talkative. He is doing very well in school. So far, he has not gained much weight, but I did notice that he basically doesn't have breaks when it comes to food. However, portioning out his food is definitely worth the benefits of the medication."

AKBGDE January 4, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I have taken Abilify for 11 years now and although it worked wonders at 1st, I have developed a rather severe case of tardive dyskinesia which makes sitting still almost impossible. I believe that after this length of time of taking it it is losing its efficacy. The parkinsonian like symptoms of the tardive dyskinesia are also embarrassing and make simple things like typing on my phone difficult. It definitely helped with my violent tendencies. Still I am ready to look for an alternative second-generation antipsychotic."

Janeykins (taken for 10 years or more) December 30, 2016