User Reviews for Aripiprazole

Bipolar Disorder
5.8

Summary of Aripiprazole reviews 6.3 830 reviews

Reviews for Aripiprazole

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Depression: "I was prescribed Abilify for depression/bipolar disorder and after taking it for only 3 days I had some of THE WORST side effects I have ever experienced on a medication. Muscle spasms, inability to fall asleep or stay asleep, complete loss of appetite, stomach pain, pain in joints and muscles, full body ache, extremely intense manic episodes, heart racing, anxiety, shaky hands, and feeling extremely foggy and unable to form proper sentences or think critically. This is the worst drug I've ever tried. If you have depression, just stick to SSRIs."

Gabrielle (taken for less than 1 month) April 9, 2019

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Depression: "Life changer for me. I am using 2mg of Generic Abilify with 450mg Wellbuterin and 40mg Prozac. I suffered a traumatic brain injury (TBI) 12 years ago and my thought process has a major improvement sine being on these. I gained 8lbs but could be from increasing of Prozac from 20mg to 40mg given same time as Abilify."

Kwood (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 8, 2019

Aristada (aripiprazole) for Schizophrenia: "My daughter was diagnosed with schizophrenia and depression almost 2 years ago. They started her off on Abilify Maintena 300mg which helped her a lot, but it made her restless and didn’t stop the voices and she still had trouble thinking clearly because she was always tired but wired on it and had trouble sleeping properly. She was given a sample of Aristada one month and it was like a miracle, I felt like I had my happy daughter back. Then the NP gave her too high a dose, too soon and she struggled with suicidal thinking and feeling terrible for 4-6 weeks. That was terrible, but once we got her on the 441 mg dose she did really well. She is able to think more clearly on Aristada and sleep better which helps her voices to be not noticeable (better than when on the Maintena) she is constantly a bit nauseous which may or may not be a side effect. Aristada has a copay assistance program that helps cost to be reasonable."

Christiana (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 29, 2019

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Major Depressive Disorder: "After complete hesitation of taking Abilify added on with Lexapro I tried it and WOW it worked wonders I came out of a suicidal state within few days and I’ve lived a normal few weeks. I’m not saying that this is completely over with but I feel so much better I’ve had zero side effects from it and I am on 5 mg I was hesitant to take any kind of drug add it onto an antidepressant already but it is well worth it and I feel so much better already"

Kristy (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2019

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Depression: "My psychiatrist put me on 1 mg of Abilify about two months ago, hoping it would augment the Paxil (paroxotine) I've been taking for 20+ years, and which is no longer effective. My mood almost immediately improved, but unfortunately, Abilify makes me feel restless, irritable and fatigued, as well as slightly hypomanic."

Lizzie G. (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 24, 2019

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Depression: "I was on Abilify for 4 months. I was on only 2mg. Gained 17lbs after 2 months. Had an enormous appetite, always hungry even an hour after eating. Really did nothing for me. And I am still trying to get this weight off."

lakegirl March 23, 2019

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Autism: "Son started taking 2mg abilify in Nov and it did great. Helped with his emotional instability. Around Jan-Feb, I noticed that his behavior is back to pre-medication. He’s emotional, crying at everything, and developed aggression. Going to ween him off and find and different medication."

Kaya (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2019

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "This stuff is awful . Shame on the doctors selling it. Don't take this med at any cost."

timmy (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 20, 2019

Abilify Maintena (aripiprazole) for Schizophrenia: "For my schizophrenia opted in for Abilify Mainena as an alternative to Invega Sustena. Granted that I was on Invega Sustena for between 6-12 months prior with bland emotions at that time, I did some research and gave Abilify Maintena a chance. That was late 2014. Now it's early 2019, and I want everyone to know that by this time, I have regained some emotional ability. I am also able to focus on complex tasks with a significantly better ability than I would be without an antipsychotic. I have concerns though. I have a physical standing job and I walk to work, and all I can do is maintain my weight within a 10 pound range. I felt good, and the Abilify Maintena kept me resilient when things got tough. For the record, I used to have suicidal thoughts long before starting Abilify Maintena, but I never contemplated it while on it. One last thing: I have always taken a low dosage of Abilify Maintena. I do not ever recommend medium or high dosages to start with."

Duduk Fan (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 15, 2019

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Depression: "I cannot express how much Abilify has already changed my life and it has only been a week. I feel reborn. Before being prescribed this med I felt hopeless, depressed, and my anxiety was terrible. I thought I could never be happy, but I already feel like a new person. I see sunshine and look at life totally different."

Liv March 11, 2019

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Abilify is great, I don't feel flat like zyprexa and invega made me feel. Do not gain any weight. I feel energy and motivation to do things. At first it made me feel a little bit restless but that seems to fade away. Been using it for over a month now. Hope it stays this way!!"

Nietzsche (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2019

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Schizophrenia: "Was on paliparidone for 6 months and pretty much wanted to die. Switched to Abilify 200 mg injection and things are much better. Took a very long time to get over the first medication but once I did the difference between the two was night and day. I am not dizzy when I stand up and my strength has returned. I still feel a little zombie like though so cannot give it a ten but no voices and no obvious side effects. If you are suffering from a not too severe case of schizophrenia, or a drug and alcohol induced psychosis, then this drug may just work for you. Best of luck."

Doing well (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 9, 2019

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Depression: "I experienced Parkinson’s symptoms with Abilify. I went through a long period of limbo, not knowing if I had Parkinson’s or not. I even went through the BIG program for those with Parkinson’s. I read that Abilify can cause Parkinson’s symptoms. I stopped taking it and the symptoms went away. Too bad, because it was the first thing I’ve taken that worked for my depression."

agsols (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2019

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Depression: "I think that 2 MG's does not cause weight gain. On the 5 mg I noticed weight gain. I took 2 mg and when I needed a jolt I took 2 of the 2 MG's for a few days then went to just 1 of the 2 MG's tablet. It's like after 2 years it wasn't working as well but I will not go off of it again. It pulled me out of the bed for over a month I was just laying around not wanting to do anything and after 2 days of 2 mg tablet, it felt like the lights were turned on again when nothing else would help. I have not gained weight at all on 2 MG's."

Sapp6511 (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 26, 2019

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Pretty okay. Advise highly not to miss a day."

Mandy (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 14, 2019

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "My psychiatrist started me on 2.5mg to supplement my SSRI. Within about a day or two I started experiencing a period of what was probably hypomania; many told me I looked happy. I almost completely stopped picking at my scalp and hair. (About a 85% reduction.) My PTSD had been a nightmare. When at the gym, men would often walk behind me on the elliptical and would often look at my rear, and I'd feel triggered and panicked. On Abilify, I was aware but no longer triggered by threats to my space such as this. I also felt less powerful urges to self-harm, which were rather distressing before starting this drug. Long-term: I'm less severely depressed! I also noticed that I stopped having fights with my S.O., probably because I felt less threatened by micro-events. The only downside - I've put on about 10lb. However, my doc put me on Metformin as a way to counteract some of the metabolic effects."

rachelxsutton (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 6, 2019

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Depression: "Took a small amount 2mg abilify to augment Lamotrigine. Really did not like it. Caused me to have tremors which stayed with me during the duration of therapy. Also increased my anxiousness to the point where sometimes I could not sit down, or feel relaxed."

Pocariboy February 5, 2019

Abilify Maintena (aripiprazole) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've been on abilify maintena for 3 days. I already feel better after being on paliperidone depot which made me depressed anxious and I had had dark thought patterns. Abilify has to be the better medication I've tried, I was diagnosed with bipolar in 2009."

Monesi (taken for less than 1 month) February 3, 2019

Abilify Maintena (aripiprazole) for Bipolar Disorder: "So where to begin. I love how this drug completely turned my life around in a really positive way. Used to have multiple manic episodes a year. I haven't had one in over a year after being on this drug. The reason I'm giving this an 8 as its incredibly effective as a mood stabilizer but it makes you too stable to the point of feeling numb at a high dose. Some minor weight gain thats slowly going away, and akathisia which is also slowly going away. I hope that the anhedonia will also slowly back off over time. Lets see. If I had to take this or be unstable I would take this. Also starting this was a nightmare as it made me incredibly agitated before it eventually stabilized my mood."

anonomo (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 2, 2019

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Depression: "Yes I think taking abilify at day time is crazy. I get so sleepy its awful..."

rubenruben (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder: "If you are on abilify currently, respond well and don't want to take a pill every day aristada is the medication for you. It is much cleaner than the other abilify LAI (long acting injection) abilify maintena. Which had a lot of side effects like akathisia and weight gain etc. This medication is cheaper and comes in more flexible dosing options. All around much better. It will stabilize your mood within six months, from being incoherently delusional in a psych ward to getting A's in college stabilized"

likesdrogas (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 18, 2019

Aristada (aripiprazole) for Schizophrenia: "Successful on Abilify maintena 300 mg for 5 years except flat affect and anxiety and inhibition. Switched to Aristada hoping to help negative symptoms. First month thought it was miracle drug...was able to smile, feel more emotion, go to gym daily (on abilify I felt fear going alone). Started feeling agitated slowly, then psychosis started on/off then full inpatient hospitalization for 2 weeks. Returning to Abilify. Why won’t NIMH reinvest in improved research? Find what was helping in Aristada and remove what wasn’t! I felt so close to feeling normal but psychosis can take my life away!!!"

Daisy (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 18, 2019

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "Ability works great to treat my mood disorders"

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 17, 2019

For Major Depressive Disorder: "I'm suffering from major depression disorder for 18 months. I have been on Escitalopram for about 8 years but apparently, it stopped working. When my doc suggested to take this drug to "reactivate" the benefits of my AD, I was very exited, especially when reading some testimonials of people that felt relieved after a couple of week. Unluckily, it didn't work for me. It just gave a libido boost at first but did nothing for my depression. I also got urination issues and quite a lot of agitation. I felt still depressed but couldn't rest. Will switch escitalopram to wellbutrin soon. Hope it will work better for you! Lot of luck"

elsamito (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2019

Abilify (aripiprazole) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I’ve been taking Aripiprazole for about 4 days, and I already feel a LOT less depressed. But not 100% yet, it’s too soon to tell. I still have anxiety. I will follow up soon. Also, I have noticed no side effects so far besides appetite increase (which is good in my case because I am underweight) and dizziness/sleepiness when it kicks in. So I take it at night."

pinklotus (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2019