User Reviews for Moxifloxacin (Page 4)

Also known as: Avelox, Avelox I.V.

Pneumonia 8.3
Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 1.0
Summary of Moxifloxacin reviews 6.6 187 reviews

Reviews for Moxifloxacin

onejap · Taken for less than 1 month April 10, 2013

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bronchitis: “Azithromycin failed to get rid of bronchitis. Switched to Avelox. No side effects, by the 2nd day, felt much better, got rid of congested feeling. It made me sweat more than usual, but sweating was nothing compared to menopausal hot flashes.”

amad khan February 23, 2013

For Sinusitis: “It is a good antibiotic, in especially sinusitis. I used it in for 10 days, it was so good for me.”

Anonymous February 6, 2013

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “After second dose of Avelox, I broke out in hives. This is unfortunate, because I felt a world of difference (better) within 6 hours of taking the initial dose. Now that I've got hives, I am back to another antibiotic and I don't know if it will work as well.”

Mt25 · Taken for less than 1 month December 18, 2012

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “Developed pneumonia after a bad case of influenza that kept increasing my fever over 8 days. Almost went to the ER as I have another neurological condition, but was able to see my doctor again. Pneumonia has developed and Avelox was prescribed along with the continuation of my other medicines. As my voice had not been present for days, I had noticed a huge improvement within 12hrs already. I would say for me and my other health concerns and for not having much of an appetite during this illness, this medicine is bringing me back to normal fast. Good luck to whomever needs this and needs to feel better ASAP.”

netly · Taken for less than 1 month November 17, 2012

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “I felt much better after just two days.”

haml · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 12, 2012

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Prostatitis: “I have been struggling with this a bacterial prostate infection (E Coli) for more than 3 years. Now finally after trying dozens of antibiotics, Avelox seemed to do a better job than Cipro or Levaquin, after 9 weeks I was cured.”

Anonymous August 22, 2012

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bronchitis: “This is very strong medication. I came from abroad with a bronchial infection and had to see my doctor. Cephalaxin and Clarithromycin prescribed to me abroad by doctors apparently could not suppress the infection and my doctor put me on Avelox on a 7 day course. I finished the course with great reluctance yesterday. It did relieve the symptoms to a great degree, but the side effects have been severe. I have severe loss of appetite, continue to be nauseous, lethargic, experience loss of energy and became dizzy. I had extremely uncomfortable palpitations, tightness and pain in the chest throughout the course, and several sleepless nights. I have lost nearly 5 pounds over the seven days.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 25, 2012

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bronchitis: “I had bronchitis that I thought went away after a Zpak. It was back within a few weeks, so I went back and got put on 10 days of cephalexin. Day 6 I was still coughing all night (and lots of the day), so I got some samples of Avelox. I was a little scared after reading some of the horror stories, but I couldn't stand the coughing anymore and I was willing to try whatever. I am on Day 3. The medicine (I think?) makes me sweat and feel a little "off" for a couple hours after I take it, but other than that, I am pleased to report no side effects (knocking on wood!) and a dramatic reduction in coughing. I take it after lunch and am drinking LOTS of fluids (as per instructions) and I am amazed at how well it seems to be working.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 24, 2012

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “I suffer from sinus infections about every two months that lead into bronchitis within days of the first symptom. Usually I get the Zpack but have been on Augmentin and Ceftin trying to find something that works better. This time the clinic doctor prescribed the Avelox and I am on day 3 right now, my sinuses are draining, and the tightness in my chest is better. Unfortunately I am getting horrible diarrhea now, which is not fun when you are coughing a lot.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 11, 2012

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “I have been on Avelox for 4 days now and my symptoms don't appear to be improving and I am still running a fever. If no improvement is seen by tomorrow I am going back to my Dr.”

Toronto guy April 22, 2012

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “This is an amazing medicine. By day 2, I was feeling significantly well. Notwithstanding, the side-effects of the medication for me personally are not comfortable: sore kidneys in the morning, stomach upset, intestinal discomfort, headaches and muscle soreness. However, I realize that it's really important to finish my dosage (7 day supply) and I'm on day 4. This feels like a powerful antibiotic in my system and I'm aware that it is effective against resistant gram positive and negative bacterial infections. 3 more days....yay.”

Anonymous April 19, 2012

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bronchitis: “I was prescribed Avelox for 7 days for bronchitis, so far so good, the only side effect was a little dizziness and nausea.”

princess72 April 12, 2012

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “I am allergic to penicillin so the next course of meds for me is Biaxin for everything. I had Pneumonia in Nov and they gave me two bottles of antibiotics before I felt somewhat better, however, the cough kind of lingered on a little but the breathing was the worst. Ended up at urgent care 3 times in March and first time, asthma and they gave me inhalers even though I disagree, 2nd trip, Singulair for sinuses and an inhaler, 3rd trip, two inhalers and Biaxin, last trip and at this point beyond mad because I couldn't breath, I couldn't go anywhere as I'd use my inhaler sometimes 10 times a day. Finally, she put me on a powder puffer and Alevox. I just finished the Alevox yesterday and haven't felt this good since last September. It's my miracle.”

Anonymous April 4, 2012

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “I am on my sixth day of Avelex 400mg for pneumonia. I have noticed a big change in my breathing and I do feel better. Still counting down to the last 4. Mostly because after I take it, I start feeling depressed, ill, tired, and still can not eat or drink much. So I dehydrated to the point that I could not understand what people were saying. Nothing made any sense. That is better now, but still get confused, dizzy, lightheaded when I walk depressed and so on.”

amiga March 16, 2012

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “If you take SSRI's (antidepressants) for anxiety and/or depression, watch it while on this medicine. In addition to the dizziness, lightheadedness, and stomach problems, it might reduce the overall effectiveness of your SSRI.”

StardustSteve February 7, 2012

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bronchitis: “Switched from Cednifir to Avelox on day 4 of treatment. Seemed to be a more potent medicine and reduced symptoms quickly. Only side effect was a sped up metabolic euphoria feeling borderlining as being a low anxiety attack. But was able to perform my job which requires constant and close contact with the public.”

TOPGUN2GO January 8, 2012

For Pneumonia: “I am on day nine of ten taking Moxifloxacin HCL 400mg per day for pneumonia. I still cough up a white mucus with a slight rattle in my chest. I sleep using a Cpac and hope the last pill will clear out the rattle and mucus. The only side effect I had was constipation.”

Anonymous January 7, 2012

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bronchitis: “Found this to be a very intense medicine. I am 64 and have a history of chronic bronchitis due to non repaired scoliosis and am quite susceptible to respiratory issues. On day 1 and 2 my chest and the ability to breathe was tight and restricted on day 3 much improvement but followed with severe abdominal cramping and nausea with dry mouth. I have lost 6 pounds and feel quite weak and dread the next dose. I am on it for 10 days.”

Anonymous December 27, 2011

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “The first three days on Avelox were difficult. It made me feel disoriented, dizzy and sleepy. I had to rearrange my days to accommodate a 2 hour nap everytime I took it. I got used to the medicine by day 4...so give it time. It cleared up my sinus and double ear infection which persisted after full courses of both Augmentin and Bactrim. Also, I did not feel better until about 4-5 days on the medicine, so don't feel discouraged if you don't feel great right away.”

MsMnMs December 27, 2011

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: “This past Wednesday my right nostril was a little sore, figured I was a little overly aggressive with the allergy early morning blowing. By Friday 3:30 am I woke up to stabbing pain all on the right side of my face! Swollen and the tissue was HARD, nasal passage (where the infection started) was 3/4 closed! Today is day 4, my face is pliable again, still a little stiff close to my right nostril, but my lips, cheeks and eyes feel great, nostril very slightly tender in comparison to Wednesday. This Avelox works only problem I've had is dry mouth (drinking plenty of water) and a little light headed/dizzy, but I'm not driving so that's okay!”

Anonymous December 20, 2011

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “On day 3 of 7 being treated for Pneumonia, Sinusitis and Ear Infection. PROS: I can breathe again. I feel like the pressure in my chest is lifting. My ear pain is almost completely gone. CONS: Extreme fatigue, Severe body pain (hands, wrists, ankles and knees), Insomnia”

Anonymous November 29, 2011

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: “I've been taking Avelox for 4 days, caused nausea, intestinal problems lightheaded, sleeplessness, blurred vision. ”

Anonymous October 19, 2011

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: “I can't wait until tomorrow. I took my last Avelox today and unfortunately it took me this long to figure out it was making me feel so sick. Nervous, shaky, nauseous and my whole body is fatigued. I can't concentrate on my work and feel dizzy. ”

Anonymous October 2, 2011

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: “The next day after taking it, I began to have twitching in my hands and fingers, dizzy, could not walk a straight line and was extremely tired, sleeping 20 hours (I usually sleep 6 hours). After being taken off, after 3 days, most of my strength has returned, still a bit lightheaded. Apparently these effects affect 2% who take the medicine. ”

DeniseSh September 14, 2011

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: “On day 8 of 10. Avelox has made me extremely tired, fatigued, dizzy and feel strange all day. Occasionally nauseous. I really don't like taking pills, especially these with all of possible scary side effects. I must say that my mucus is gone and hopefully stays. So, I guess you can say this works.”