User Reviews for Moxifloxacin (Page 6)

Also known as: Avelox, Avelox I.V.

Pneumonia 8.3
Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 1.0
Summary of Moxifloxacin reviews 6.6 187 reviews

Reviews for Moxifloxacin

Anonymous November 30, 2010

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “Have had 2 sinus surgeries in the past 5 years. This is the first sinus infection since my last surgery (2 months of sinus infection) and I just started Avelox yesterday. So far not much of a side effect, have some nausea (but that sure beats another surgery). Good luck all.”

Anonymous November 13, 2010

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “It must be my body but this medicine works within 30 minutes to an hour after ingestion. This is fast acting per the information I researched. I only had a sinus infection in my left nostril and it cleared up where I was able to breath through my nose without an issue. I used to carry around tissue for this purpose. No side effects for me.”

Anonymous September 25, 2010

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “Hope things work out for the best. Have taken this medicine in the past for severe bout of pneumonia and bronchitis. It worked EXCELLENT! After just about the second day, lungs, breathing, cough, all were much better. That was about two years ago. Recently developed same set of symptoms, Physician prescribed Avelox..Am hoping it works as well this time as last time. Side effects are common, but well worth it when this medicine works, it works great and fast at getting you well.”

techman707 September 22, 2010

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “I have taken this medication many times for pneumonia and bronchitis infections. While it appears to work well, I am concerned about building resistance to this medication. ”

Anonymous September 8, 2010

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “Knocked out a very stubborn sinus infection and once a day was added benefit.”

Anonymous August 17, 2010

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “I felt much, much better after taking Avelox for 5 days, I did not notice any side effects with it. Three days after I stoped taking it, my symptoms came back and I think my doctor should've had me take it for 10 days, not 5 like she did.”

Anonymous August 4, 2010

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “My doctor gave me Avelox after Zithromax didn't work. I am on my 3rd day (out of 10) and I have been feeling better everyday. I went online and the reviews for this medicine can be very scary. I am happy to say that the only side effect I have experienced is slight insomnia. Which is frustrating because I am EXHAUSTED at around 7:30pm but I wind up in my bed (awake) until about 12. Frustrating, yes, but the medicine seems to be working so I can't complain too much.”

Voltolina3 July 25, 2010

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: “Caused upset stomach, the runs as well as tendonitis in knees, ankles, elbows and shoulder.”

Anonymous July 19, 2010

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “I felt good the next day after one pill, my chest felt better, but the side effects scare me. I get quick light headed and dizzy the whole time on this drug I could not sleep, I felt very restless. But the medicine cleared up my lungs. ”

ErinMarieG June 21, 2010

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: “This drug was a miracle for me! I was very skeptical on taking these because of the horrible reviews that are out there. I went to my doctor and he prescribed me Azithromycin. It did nothing for me. My ear got really inflammed and I was half deaf in my ear. Fluid was blocked up. I went back to the doctor 2 days later (Wednesday) and he prescribed me steroids, to get rid of the inflammation, and he gave me Avelox. He told me to start Avelox Saturday, if needed. Saturday came and I seemed to be better. I didn't take it. Sunday came and the ear pain came back. I took Avelox and my ear infection feels like it's 80% healed! It's been about 29 hours since I took the first pill and my ear feels amazing! NO side effects!”

shayson3 June 3, 2010

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “I just finished taking this after a 6 day period for pneumonia. It was all fine, except for the restless leg syndrome at night, but that I could handle with an iron pill. The last day I took it I woke up in the middle of the night with severe itching, I took a shower, changed my bed sheets, used lotion and topical creams. I took 2 Benadryl and nothing worked! The only good thing, is my symptoms dissipated after a couple of days!”

JRandolphT May 31, 2010

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bronchitis: “It is one of the most powerful medications I have taken for an infection but it works immediately - which rocks! Yet I wondered why I had trouble sleeping, felt anxious (almost to the point of anxiety attack) and nauseated. Now I know it was a side effect. It's good but be prepared for some of the side effects.”

Anonymous March 26, 2010

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: “Symptoms started clearing 12 hours after first dose. Doctor prescribed 10 days at 400 mg/day. All of my bacterial symptoms (sore throat, headache, drainage, cough, upset stomach, fever) were gone by dose 4. No serious side effects.”

Eddie de Vere March 18, 2010

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “I have never seen an antibiotic work as quickly as this one did. It seemed to work faster than any over-counter-decongestant. I really had no side effects that I know of aside from, perhaps a bit of sleeplessness the first night or two. I avoided caffeine while using this drug for that reason. My only concern was the $245 doctor visit for about a 3.5 minute visit with the doctor. I have no insurance, so well maybe it wasn't so bad as I probably would have had to have paid that much per month for six years before the insurance company covered $50 dollars of that visit! Anyway, no matter it was worth it & I will just send them money little by little to pay them off. At least the let the bill get billed to me. Avelox was a "free" sample!”

anony March 5, 2010

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “I have never reacted to an antibiotic, Ever, In my whole life. Until now. Within 30 mins of taking Avelox, I was experiencing nausea, sweats, shortness of breath, heart flutters. I was so weak I had to be carried to bed. Then the vomiting started, it was short-lived, but violent. It also has many NSAID contraindications, so be careful. Especially if your sinus infection is very painful, watch what you take. Glad to see it's worked for some - but for me.”

ckosinski February 16, 2010

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “This is only the second day I have been on it, and already notice a tremendous improvement. I took my first dose yesterday afternoon, and when I woke up this morning I could tell my ears felt much better, as did the never-ending sinus headache. No bad side effects for me so far, and they would have to be very bad for me to quit taking this! Finally, RELIEF!”

Anonymous February 15, 2010

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bronchitis: “I was prescribed 5 days of Avelox for bronchitis/sinusitis. Seems to have cleared up all the green mucuous, but the cough lingered for another week. Another possible side effect is tremendous pain/swelling in my Achilles tendon. Don't know if this was caused by Avelox, but have been doing some research and that is a possibility. I will be going back to the doctor tomorrow for follow up, as I can barely walk.”

Anonymous February 3, 2010

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “This has been a wonder drug for me! After 3 months of struggling including broken ribs from coughing, I am grateful that after just 1 dose I was feeling better! No side effects either.”

NatalieY February 2, 2010

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “I was prescribed Avelox for severe bronchitis, ear infection, and throat infection. I took the first pill and drank most of a 20 oz. bottle of water. Within 20 minutes I fell asleep, and napped for about 2 hrs. When I woke up, the throbbing pain in my ear was gone, and the swelling in my throat was significantly better! I couldn't believe it after one dose and only a 2hr nap! This medicine worked wonders for me, and I had no side effects at all, that I know of. But then again, with bronchitis, a throat infection, and an ear infection all at once, I probably wouldn't have noticed if I did!”

shelley l January 28, 2010

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “Have had a sinus infection for two weeks with a round of azithromycin that didn't work. My doctor prescribed Avelox and I was pretty scared after reading some of the side effects others have had. I'm on day 4 and my sinus infection is so much better and the coughing from my bronchitis is almost gone. So much better! Only side effect is not being able to fall asleep.”

Anonymous January 25, 2010

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “I have chronic sinus infections that are not unbearable...mostly annoying. I was prescribed to Avelox recently and am halfway done with my dose. I have had some seriously horrible reactions to this drug. Granted, it is obviously helping with my sinus infection but the dizziness, nausea, light headedness, dehydration, and overall sick feeling is worse than the sinus infection itself. I am glad that I will no longer have an infection in my body but isn't there another way? This is awful!”

Anonymous December 29, 2009

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “I'm allergic to penicillin and Zithromax, so my doctor prescribed Avelox after I'd had a sinus infection for 3 weeks. (I try to avoid taking antibiotics since I'm allergic to the normal prescriptions.) I started to feel better after the first dose. My only complaint is that the pills were a lot more expensive than simple amoxicillin.”

Anonymous December 28, 2009

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bronchitis: “I had the H1N1 flu and then developed Bronchitis. After 3 days of taking Avelox, I had hives all over my body. I stopped the medicine 5 days ago and still have hives. The bronchitis seems to be gone. I also experience pains in my muscles and weakness and tightness in my chest and palpitations. I don't think I will be taking this medicine again.”

Anonymous November 29, 2009

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bronchitis: “Avelox did promptly clear up bronchitis and sinusitis. My ankles were so swollen that I could only wear loose fitting houseshoes for the 10 day treatment time. It made me feel jittery and caused abdominal cramps. ”

Stephanie1955 November 25, 2009

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bronchitis: “I have COPD so when I get Bronchitis it knocks me for a loop! Because we moved, we had to find a new doctor. Low and behold I get Bronchitis. He prescribed Avelox and to say it was a God send is an understatement. I personally haven't had any side effect and on the second day there was a distinct slow down in my coughing. Now I tell everyone who believes they have an URI or Bronchitis to ask their doctor for the Avelox. I just pray I never grow immune to it!”