User Reviews for Moxifloxacin (Page 5)

Also known as: Avelox, Avelox I.V.

Pneumonia 8.3
Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 1.0
Summary of Moxifloxacin reviews 6.6 187 reviews

Reviews for Moxifloxacin

nursemike64 September 8, 2011

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “I am a FT RN working in an infectious disease unit. I am consistently exposed to respiratory viruses during the winter months; meningitis, encephalitis, and abscesses in the summer months; with a little variety thrown in here and there (asthma, pneumonia, kawasakis, septic babies, etc). I recently came down with a nasty RLL PNA and was prescribed this Avelox 400 mg, on day 14 of 20. Thus far, I have noticed tremendous improvement, but I am not 100% quite yet. Yes, the side effects/warnings can be scary, but the only thing I have noticed is fatigue and muscle/tenseness. Benefits always have to outweigh the risk, and I believe this medicine can keep many of us out of hospital bed and on the road to recovery quickly.”

Maahhk August 31, 2011

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “Amazing stuff. After 1 pill I coughed up stuff that would scare Dr. House, but felt much better immediately. I will live with mild side effects considering that pneumonia can kill you or cause permanent damage. 3 doses left and I continue to practice breathing deeply and slowly. I'm grateful for medicines like these.”

austin110 August 13, 2011

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “I've been on a 7 day schedule of the Avelox, it has worked pretty well to clear up the bacterial infection on my lung. However, I have experienced pretty bad diarrhea that started about 3 days into the schedule. The rest of the symptoms have been mild such as nausea, feeling cloudy, etc. I am really looking forward to taking the last pill, this medicines side effects are not too pleasant.”

luckyone101 July 21, 2011

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: “First of all I'm so sadden by so many horrified stories on this blog. My heart goes out to you all. I am on day 9 with Avelox. My doctor prescribed other medicines for this bacterial infection and bad cough that I have for three months now. The first 2 days were horrible for me on Avelox. I was throwing up all night, heart beating fast, severe itching. By day 3 I felt great and my side effects now are not as bad, minor itching now. But I must say this medicine does work for me. It also has cleared up my skin on my face and I had blisters on my hand big one's that also has cleared up. So I'm going to do a refill on this and continue this medicine for another 10 days. Good Luck to all that had bad experience with this medicine.”

Anonymous July 5, 2011

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “Severe dry mouth, dizziness, nausea, feeling out of it, shortness of breath.”

Joceephus June 4, 2011

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “I had a severe allergic reaction within 1 1/2 hours of taking my first dose. Pounding heartbeat, redness and fainted for the first time in 57 years of life. I was rushed to the hospital and given steroids and Benadryl to counteract the effects. My blood pressure dropped from a normal 135/80 to 90/45. ”

Brutal but Works June 2, 2011

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “This medicine works great but the side effects are bad. ”

Earthy Lass May 20, 2011

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: “Avelox rocks. I had a bacterial infection and did not realize it until I was in an urgent care after 8 days of misery. I went in thinking I had a double ear infection but was diagnosed with a bacterial infection. I am allergic to Amoxicillin so my Doctor gave me Avelox. I don't like it at all because of its side effects but it works. After one day on it, I felt like a million bucks. However, my skin itches a wee bit, I'm dizzy, feel anxious and paranoid. I have almost every side effect. I made the mistake of taking it on an empty stomach and heading to my daughters school to pick her up. Just be careful. Learn how your body reacts to it.”

Anonymous May 10, 2011

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “I am on Day 2 with Avelox for pneumonia. Worst side effect for me is the nausea. It hits hard and fast. I do feel a difference in my breathing, but my stomach is so riled up now that it is difficult to even move. So far no other side effects.”

Anonymous April 21, 2011

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: “I'm on day 8 of this medicine and other than experiencing mild side effects I find that my sinus are still clogged, my ear canals are swollen and I have swelling of the throat which makes me look like I have an extremely large double chin, or a balloon under the skin. My sinuses are still experiencing severe pain and pressure. ”

Anonymous April 4, 2011

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “My brother took this and felt very anxious, my only side effect is feeling super tired and kind of out of it. It really helped my cough and I think it is starting to help with my chronic sinus infection. I am allergic to Levaquin so I was nervous taking it since it is in the same drug family. I did not have the same reactions that I had when I was taking Levaquin. I have had 5 sinus infections in the past 6 months and the Z-pac has quit working....so overall things are getting better.”

dazzdave March 19, 2011

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “Causes abdominal pain and un-coordination. I usually tolerate medicines well, but not Avelox. I'm on 4th day of usage and can't wait till the last dose. Good luck and get well everyone.”

Anonymous March 17, 2011

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “I was put on Avelox for a horrible sinus infection, and chest congestion. My doctor never mentioned any of the possible side effects. Within an hour of taking the first dose, I became very tired, weak, and I had heart palpitations and I had overwhelming anxiety. I am now on day 5, and the side effects have only progressed. The joint pain, and muscle cramping , heart fluttering, fatigue, muscle weakness, nausea, blurred vision, loss of appetite, and tremors are enough to scare anyone. It has helped my congestion and sinus infection, but there are other antibiotics that are just a good and so much safer. ”

Anonymous March 2, 2011

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “I took a second pill and had a severe reaction to it in less than 25 minutes. It started with nausea, hives, extremely dizzy and lightheaded, slurred speech, shortness of breath, rapid heart beat and rise in blood pressure and heart rate, severe anxiety and weakness. ”

Mandiski February 25, 2011

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “The only problem I have with this medication so far is how expensive it is. So far the only side effects I have had are a light-headed feeling. Similar to a feeling of an antihistimine with psuedophedrine in the mix. I am already starting to feel better.”

Anonymous February 19, 2011

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “Felt it start to open my lungs after the first dose. Oh but how dizzy and nauseated I felt. Side effects wear down towards the end of the day (about 10pm...I take the pill at about 9am). Powerful medicine, QUICK results, pretty strong side effects.”

upstater February 4, 2011

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “Only took 1 dose so far, but already feeling better. Had bronchitis and upper respiratory tract infection for a month. Saw doctor yesterday and diagnosed me with sinus infection. Avelox 400mg 1/day would have been highest tier on my copay so she gave me full 10 days with samples. Worked amazingly well, though I felt real sleepy first hour. Could very well be that I'm SICK, not reacting. I'm allergic to other antibiotics (rash/hives) so this was a relief. MAKE NOTE OF THE MANY FOODS/DRUGS TO AVOID WHILE ON THIS. Others have posted their use of vitamins with it, but it clearly states to avoid them.”

Anonymous January 21, 2011

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “I'm on my 11th day (out of 20 days) taking Avelox and it works, beside having a headache and shortness breathing everything seems to be working great. After 10 days of taking it my pneumonia was 75% better.”

Anonymous January 12, 2011

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “The medicine worked great to counter my sinusitis and I was breathing better after just one dose. But the side effects are almost unbearable. Nausea, dizziness, headache, lightheaded, dry mouth and constipation. The dizziness and lightheadedness kicks in after about an hour of taking the pill and lasts for about 5 hours. Very difficult to function normally and trying to work while taking this medicine. ”

Releved January 9, 2011

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “After 6 months of severe congestion, sinusitis, and bronchitis that triggered wheezing with my asthma, unsuccessfully treated with other antibiotics, my doctor prescribed Avelox. I can breathe and not wheezing and on my way to less congestion! I have not had side effects that preclude my stopping this medicine. Powerful and effective.”

HateMeds January 6, 2011

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “I have used Avelox twice before, and took it at night as my doctor said there might be dizziness or sleepiness. Then I didn't need it for several years until this week. On my third dose, my sinus infection already feels like it has gone, but I can't fall asleep and my thoughts are racing - I would say agitated. I'm not sure if I can take this for seven more days. ”

Teacher in NYC December 27, 2010

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “I suffer from sinus/ear infections at least 2-3 times a year. My doctor first prescribed Augmentin but this only made my symptoms worse. After feeling miserable for 2 weeks my doctor then prescribed Avelox. Besides the jitteryness, rapid heartrate, and anxiousness, it worked wonders. This medicine cures symptoms quickly, but does have side effects. Everyone is different so be aware of your body and let your doctor know if you're uncomfortable.”

Rinderoo December 26, 2010

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “Recurring sinus infections sent me to the doctor again after a Z-pack didn't work. Brought home the Avelox and was scared to take it after reading other peoples' reactions and problems. Have taken three pills now and I am noticeably better. Sinus headache gone, and even my ears feel better too (reduced tinnitus.) Previously took Levaquin years ago and had some anxiety, so I was expecting not to feel good with the Avelox. Only problem thus far is minor nausea, but I just take it with food and stay upright and busy as to not notice the wooziness. No serious reaction and the nausea is tolerable so I will continue to take it.”

Anonymous December 18, 2010

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bronchitis: “Caused me to have hives, can't take it.”

Anonymous December 15, 2010

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “After just two doses, I experienced sharp pain in my Achilles heels. Couldn't walk up stairs without having twinges in tendons. Unfortunately, I experienced the side effects. ”