User Reviews for Moxifloxacin (Page 2)

Also known as: Avelox, Avelox I.V.

Pneumonia 8.3
Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 1.0
Summary of Moxifloxacin reviews 6.6 187 reviews

Reviews for Moxifloxacin

Karen Wisconsin · Taken for 6 months to 1 year March 6, 2018

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Skin or Soft Tissue Infection: “I went into the hospital surgery. I was on three medicines the day of surgery and infection happened. I was given Avelox. By IV for 6 weeks. 2011 - I had the same so again 6 weeks calling it an extended amount of Avelox.. so I had 24 weeks in all by IV..I have tendons damage so severe that Mayo can do nothing to help me. My toes curl under and my feet have muscle wasting, fat pad syndrome, the bones now have cysts and I haven't been able to walk on my feet at all. I went through all of the neuropathy crying of pain, then I couldn't find my feet because I lost sense of where they were, the motor function burned out to where walking became impossible. Everything else has been ruled out even by Mayo, 1 other major hospital and one is working it out now just to see if they can give me any relief of pain.. it's just going up higher...the atrophy is muscle gone forever .”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 19, 2018

For Sinusitis: “I am on day 6 of a 7 day course of Avelox. My chest has cleared up but my sinus pain continues. I have quite severe side effects though... lowered heart rate, dry mouth and cold hands and feet for about an hour post. Also nausea on and off. Extreme tiredness, mental confusion, some mood changes and irritability. These symptoms do get better however as the day goes on.”

Mrsbakersfield · Taken for less than 1 month December 15, 2017

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: “I will ALWAYS remember back in 1998 when I was prescribed Avelox 400mg. After taking one dose, this left me lethargic and a feeling of being in a catatonic state of mind! I literally felt over powered by this antibiotic. When I discussed it with my doctor, he educated me NOT to take any medications related to Avelox, such as Levaquin! Why? They're in the same family of drugs! (Quines)Do your research so you are well aware of what you're taking!”

piano1shaw.ca · Taken for less than 1 month October 31, 2017

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “I asked my doctor for Avalox for my pneumonia, but she told me that I cannot take it (I had it before with a doc that DIDN'T warn me that I can't take it) because I have Hypothyroidism and am on Thyroxine. I wondered why so looked it up. It keeps your body from properly taking on the Thyroxine. You end up with hair loss, itching, etc. (all the hypothyroid problems). I'm upset because it worked so well for me in the past for chest infection. So back to double doses of Amoxicillin (makes me sick) THREE times per day”

SGM April 28, 2017

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bronchitis: “I was prescribed this medication for bronchitis and it is hands down the most terrible medication I have ever taken. Within an hour of taking the first dose, I had nausea and vomiting so bad that I ended up in the emergency room and even after receiving fluids and IV Phenergan I was still dry heaving. Never again!”

jmig March 22, 2017

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Skin and Structure Infection: “I had a strange skin infection in my earlobe-- it was swollen, red, hot, and incredibly painful. I was first prescribed a different anti-biotic that did not help and in fact made the infection grow in size. After just 24 hours my ear was less swollen and my symptoms have only improved. I am not finished with the prescription yet but it is so great to finally have some relief.”

Saipan Sam March 15, 2017

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: “Taken to address a long standing Prostate infection. On 4th day of a 20 day course (400 mg once daily). Side effects include: slight to moderate confusion and vertigo. Slight to moderate tinnitus, loss of appetite, pasty mouth, thirsty, mild tendonitis in left knee. I'm not my positive, engaging self and it's affecting my teaching (High School Chemistry). I drive a motorcycle so the vertigo and confusion symptoms are worrisome. I can deal with the above side effects provided they do not worsen. Prostatitis seems better but too early for any conclusions in that regard. I'm continuing with the treatment.”

Ckillbot · Taken for less than 1 month December 16, 2016

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “Had a double ear and sinus infection that didn't clear up with a round of antibiotics, went back to the walk in and was prescribed Avelox. Scariest side effects EVER. After about 30 minutes I felt a cold wave hit me in my stomach , I felt dizzy , lost feeling in most of the left side of my body, developed rashes and purple splotches all over my upper chest area, had trouble breathing , became hypertensive and ended up with slurred speech and was in and out of consciousness until medical help arrived. Very scary. And that was just the first pill...”

Cdeanne33 · Taken for less than 1 month December 14, 2016

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: “Had a very resistant infection and was prescribed this medication. Went into anaphylactic shock after it stared digesting. Cold and hot sweats, drooling , splotchy skin color , swelling of throat, loss of feeling in left side of my body for 2 days and brief loss of consciousness until ambulance arrived. Just didn't work well with my body.”

malmudaf · Taken for less than 1 month October 23, 2016

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: “please read my experience carefully. Months before i took Avelox, the landlord has sprayed all the complex with insect repeller, it was so strong that i felt i couldn't breath, i went straight away to the doctor which they administered ventollin and oxygen. i felt better, but ever sense i became extremely sensitive i could not smell perfumes or Dettol/gas station without feeling suffocated. months after, i got sick with flu, and theflu went to my chest and i couldn't breath and experienced pain in my chest. took to the hospital and was given nebulizer but didn't feel better, so they did an xray and gave me Avalox, i got all the side effects but it cleared it, and my asthma!!! not sensitive anymore! so to keep it short it it fixed my lungs”

Dontfeedthebears August 15, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: “Day 4 of this med. Had abscess on butt drained last Wednesday out of province, w/o a follow up prescription for antibiotics. Friday was in great pain and visited my my family Doctor who prescribed this med 400mg/10 days. Pain has subsided but wound is still draining and slightly swollen. None of the side effects mentioned by many are present for me, so far, but I do find the healing to be rather slow. Will see Doctor on day 6...if still draining then, I hope he will know why and make any necessary changes required! God bless u all!”

Katinka58 July 13, 2016

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bronchitis: “I took this medicine while at work ( Police/Fire Dept) because of bronchitis, I started out with a red rash that went up my arms, then started to itch, terrible stomach pains , passed out and was placed in an ambulance. Once awake and being prepped with IV I watched my body walk out of my body out the ambulance door, my body was literally shutting down and I was dying on the way to the hospital, The drs. at the hospital told me that if I would have been by myself I would have surely died. . This was a horrible experience and since then my body has shut down to all medications and if I am prescribed any kind of medications I have to sit in the drs. office waiting for another reaction. I had surgery 2015 and had a team standby.”

Dc2 June 11, 2016

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: “My second time taking avelox for pneumonia. The benefits out weigh the side effects. I had most of the side effects associated with this medication. From feeling extremely weak and tired, anxious, fast heart beat, nausea, vomiting, headache. However it cleared up my pneumonia.”

2210 May 16, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: “I feel ill constantly on this meds. I am confused and my heart is pumping like crazy and the best thing is after 4 days there is no improvement of my ears. I just had nurse check my ears and it is still red”

justy1 March 23, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: “2nd day on the 400mg.....crazy side effects. Felt like a bad mushroom trip. Really messed me up. I swear I heard the sloshing around of blood pumping while completely zoned out”

Anonymous March 18, 2016

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “I have taken Avelox on several occasions for sinusitis and bronchitis and within two doses, I always feel 10 times better! I am aware that dizziness and nausea can be side effects, but since I have taken it before bed, this has never been an issue. I am surprised at the number of people who try to take it during the day - take it at night and you will tolerate it just fine”

Cathy in Florida March 16, 2016

For Bacterial Infection: “Was given Avelox due to being allergic to penicillin although the doctors have no idea what is causing my fever. Negative for strep, flu, white blood count is normal. I stopped taking this after my 2nd trip to the clinic, and the side effects that presented, I felt worse after talking this medication.”

Thed · Taken for less than 1 month February 15, 2016

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “After eight days I have no improvement at all, I asked my doctor to switch to levaquin.”

Sabina83 February 12, 2016

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bronchitis: “The second pill made me feel confused, anxious, lightheaded.”

Syd10 January 18, 2016

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: “Absolute best antibiotic I've ever used! I was feeling better within 2 days. No side effects. I've used it for both a UTI and Sinus Infection. Worked amazingly both times. I have a sensitive stomach and usually hate taking medication. But this stuff really works.”

Moko · Taken for less than 1 month January 1, 2016

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “Very powerful med. Doc prescribed for my sinus infection. Major dizziness within half hour of taking the meds. It stays for about 5 hours. Congestion does clear up really fast. However I took it at night for the first dose and could not sleep the whole night. The 2nd day till today (5th), I took them after lunch and rested. The dizziness is overpowering. I literally can't function but I can sleep at night 2nd day onwards tho it takes slightly longer than usual to doze off. Happy today is my last day and I will probably never want to take this again if I can help it.”

Travis_717 · Taken for less than 1 month December 13, 2015

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “I was diagnosed with pneumonia after a few days of taking amoxicillin because of being mis-diagnosed with acute bronchitis. Before I started taking the Avelox, I had a fever of 103, a pretty bad headache, and was super tired and didn't want to do anything. My doctor told me the Avelox would make be even more tired. For the first 2 days it did, but my fever also broke and my headache went away. Also started coughing up more and more phlegm. By the 3rd day I started feeling better but still had a cough and was just a bit tired. It seems I missed out on some of the side effects but I did experience a bit of dizziness in the beginning and a loss of appetite. I'm on day 5 of my 8 day dosage. Going back to the doctor Thursday morning.”

Sommoya · Taken for less than 1 month December 12, 2015

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “Thank you all for the heads up on %u2018taking the medication with food!%u2019 My bottle didn%u2019t come with that label and the Avelox along with the side-effects has been many and terrible on my stomach, head and body. I am on day 9 of 15 day dose for sinusitis (and previously had pneumonia) %u2026and wasn%u2019t aware of the numerous side effects until now. Was about to quit taking the med due to the long list of brutal adverse reactions, yet will implement the %u2018eat before taking%u2019 concept and hope to triumph through, as they have made a huge difference in my upper and lower respiratory issues. And with any luck there will be no after affects of the side-effects!”

Parsonwalker · Taken for less than 1 month October 24, 2015

For Bacterial Infection: “Just completed 10 day course. First two days minor improvement in breathing, but then relapse. I feel just as bad, plus now I'm tired all the time. Don't know if it is from medication or the fact I have asthma and I'm not getting 100% oxygen to my brain. This is my second round of antibiotics, first was doxycycline for 5 days. I have been living with this for 9 1/2 weeks. My coughing is really bad and congested. I frequently cough up phlegm. Also have bad post nasal drip.”

Gil-t October 13, 2015

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bronchitis: “This is the third time I am prescribed Avelox. The first time for pneumonia and the last two times for bronchitis. This is by far one of the most potent antibiotic available. Doctors are very reluctant in prescribing this antibiotics because it is basically the last defence. Thus, doctors will tend to prescribe other, less potent antibiotics first, the reason being that bacteria will eventually adapt to any Antibiotics. So it should only be prescribe when required.”