User Reviews for Moxifloxacin (Page 3)

Also known as: Avelox, Avelox I.V.

Pneumonia 8.3
Skin or Soft Tissue Infection 1.0
Summary of Moxifloxacin reviews 6.6 187 reviews

Reviews for Moxifloxacin

americansunrise · Taken for less than 1 month September 5, 2015

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “I have the most horrible experience with ALL antibiotics....they make me feel worse than whatever I have! Was prescribed Avelox for my pneumonia and within 24-hours all symptoms had abated and lung function had returned to normal. Best of all I experienced zero side effects! Have since has pneumonia a second time and was prescribed Avelox and had it was like "Groundhog Day". Powerful antibiotic but works extremely well!”

JohDav August 23, 2015

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bronchitis: “I am rarely ill so have not taken a lot of medications; I also have a sensitivity to medications. I told this to the prescribing physician when seen for bronchitis. She prescribed avelox and by day 3 I had developed large red welts; went back to the Doctor who determined it was erythema nodosum. Avelox was overkill for someone like me - it was way to strong and this was a horrible side effect.”

corgilady · Taken for less than 1 month July 28, 2015

For Pneumonia: “I had pneumonia and was given a 5 day treatment of Zithromax which didn't help, followed by a week of Biaxin which again didn't help. After the second day of Avelox I felt a twinge in the tendon of my thumb that I put down to an injury a couple of weeks prior - but I have since read could be a side effect. I have had zero appetite and been forcing myself to eat - no nausea, just no appetite which is probably a good thing for me. Minor issues with concentration - trying to avoid driving, but since I don't feel well enough to go out yet (just took 6th dose of 10) it is not really an issue. The symptoms of the pneumonia/bronchitis are improved when I wake up, but still present when I get into daily activities.”

Takara Bell July 4, 2015

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “I am on a 14 day course of avelox for pneumonia. Apparently it was quite well spread over both lungs. First course of antibiotics made no difference. Ended up in emergency where they did a CT scan and I was given 2 lots of antibiotics via a drip. Was sent home with avelox which has improved things greatly. The side effects are I am very tired, no appetite ! This medication is well worth the side effect. A very frightening experience !”

Bobtail222 May 13, 2015

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: “At first it seemed to help, didn't connect the rash to the medication, then blurred vision, high anxiety, nausea, tightness in my chest & felt extremely ill, like I was going to die or have a heart attack.”

the plumber March 27, 2015

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “Works great, but side effects are horrible Sweating, dizziness, dry mouth, fatigue, next sinus infection. Give me something else doc.”

poppine February 15, 2015

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “My experience is that I experienced arthritic symptoms in my joints. In particular my top finger joints where red knobs appeared and I experienced pain and sometimes itching. I also experienced pain in my achillies tendon and weakness in legs”

pebam007 February 7, 2015

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “I had shortness of breath and chest pains right side, doctor sent for X-rays. Called next day and told me I had pneumonia of left lung. It's been 5 days now and I slept throughout the night yesterday for 1st time in a week, chest pains still there but less intense. After 10 days on medicine I am going back for X-rays. So far so good.”

Amysickfortoolong · Taken for less than 1 month January 25, 2015

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bronchitis: “I love Avelox. Every winter, I am sick for months. I spend thousands of dollars on doctor visits, blood tests, chest x-rays. We go through rounds and rounds of antibiotics. I used to have great success with Augmentin, but it doesn't work anymore. Levaquin did the job one year, but hasn't been effective since. Last year, I combed the internet and found people like me that had success with Avelox. After one dose, I was feeling better (after being sick for 3 months). It completely knocked out the infection and I was back on my feet the very next day. I've been sick for 3 weeks and took my first dose of Avelox yesterday. I am already feeling better. I am so thankful for this medication.”

flowerladytoo · Taken for less than 1 month January 8, 2015

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “I was given Avelox after other medicines just didn't clear up my sinus infection. It worked with noticeable relief in a couple days, and by my last dose I was back to my old self. I had been treated for six weeks previously, with 4 different antibiotics that just didn't clear this up. Very thankful for this!”

nikiww · Taken for less than 1 month December 7, 2014

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bronchitis: “I was prescribed this after a sinus infection turned into bronchitis. The take with food sign on the bottle should be in bold letters. I took the pill before my breakfast and threw up thirty minutes later. You need food in your stomach before the pill. This pill is the only pill that helps cure my horrible sinus infections. Eat first and you should be fine.”

Anonymous December 1, 2014

For Pneumonia: “I have been ill for three weeks. Doctor gave me a prescription for doxycycline, but there was no improvement. On a Sunday I went to a walk-on clinic. They sent me straight to the hospital. After a plethora of wasted tests, they decided that I had bronchitis and sinusitis. This does not sound terribly severe, but I was so sick I didn't know how to cope any more. Within 24 hours of first dose, I am much better. No side effects are evident.”

Toritori September 14, 2014

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “Numb hands for an hour, severe headache, blurry vision, rash on my arms. And this was with my first dosage. Doctor didn't even ask to see what previous antibiotics worked for me in the past. He just gave me Avelox and prednisone and said "on your way".”

Arrott111 May 12, 2014

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: “I get horrible side effects from literally every other antibiotic out there, except for Avelox. Of course all medications affect people differently, but I have never felt any of the effects people list here, except for a little fatigue. This medication works very well.”

Nursedonna April 25, 2014

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: “Took my first dose of Avelox while I was at work (I am a nurse). About 15-20 minutes later I began to itch on my neck, then my face and mouth began to swell and itch. Luckily I was at a place where I could get epinephrine on board right away to prevent an anaphylaxis reaction!”

Mose30 · Taken for less than 1 month December 29, 2013

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Prostatitis: “Started taking for Prostatitis for 20 days. I went to the gym which I was never told I shouldn't do, the next day tendon damage in wrists, fingers, elbow, shoulder and sternum. Been 6 days since the pain and still no relief, took 14 of the tablets and stopped. Hoping it goes soon as unable to work due to being a tradesman. Taking everything very carefully as do not want these issues with my leg, ankle and feet tendons. Oh and Prostatitis not cleared up.”

sick mommy · Taken for less than 1 month November 24, 2013

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “Am on day six of 10 course for pneumonia. Had a injectable at Dr. Office and then oral meds. Noticed major improvement in coughing and wheezing in 48 hours. Nearly all pneumonia symptoms now abated. Have had major side effects. No appetite, severe dizziness and confusion (just trying to answer work email has been a challenge). I've also experienced constipation and very bad acid reflux. Overall very effective but I'm pretty incapacitated by the side effects.”

Not cured November 19, 2013

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: “After taking this for 3 days and experiencing horrible pain throughout by body I quit. It caused tendinitis in several of my joints. ”

City Gal · Taken for less than 1 month November 9, 2013

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Bacterial Infection: “I did get a bit dizzy so I would take this at bedtime and did at first get a faster heart beat but may have been cause I read all the crazy side effects online. This medicine did work for me. Had an awful case of tonsillitis. Be sure to read the package and how other meds (even vitamins) you may be taking can alter the effects and increase chances of side effects.”

AlwaysSick:( September 25, 2013

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “It took me two whole days of agony and suffering pneumonia while thinking whether to take this medicine or not, the reviews and side effects are terrifying. But I got over it and took the pill: Here's what I did. Everyday at 1pm I eat something not too heavy but satisfying, then at 2pm I take the pill with a whole 500ml water bottle. Avoid iron, multivitamins and all that, also avoid dairy unless you're fine with having to go to the bathroom a couple of times during the day. I didn't get any side effects. I'm drinking a lot of water, I'm eating well, eating lots of fruits and most importantly, I'm resting. On day 4 of 7 now, and I can safely say that this medicine really does work so well feeling so much better with clear lungs. Good luck.”

Hels bells September 22, 2013

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “A good target specific antibiotic for upper respiratory tract infection and lower respiratory tract infections together with sinusitis which works fast and I experienced no side effects bar taste being affected but only temporarily.”

Seka Z · Taken for less than 1 month August 1, 2013

For Pneumonia: “Was put on moxifloxacin for bronchitis and pneumonia. Only on day 3 of the medication, however, I feel extremely disoriented and dizzy, with nausea that come and go. Feel that my lungs have cleared up a little so far so it is effective.”

bmundy June 11, 2013

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “I was surprised that the 1st night I noticed a huge difference in how I felt. I have not had any of the side effects that are listed except for being tired. I am on day 6 and I am still amazed on how it does work. The cost is the only thing I do not like about this medicine. But if I had to take it again I would.”

Kaiyasmom · Taken for less than 1 month May 30, 2013

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Sinusitis: “I took a 10 day dose 1 year ago for a sinus infection, and only remember feeling much better in a short time. Since I was already miserable, I don't remember having any adverse reactions. Recently, I got a 7 day dose for another sinus infection and an ear infection, and I felt good on day 3 and 4 with only mild nausea and dizziness. Taking it on a full stomach helped. I started to feel poor on day 5 and developed a terrible headache that lasted 2 days. By day 7, I developed severe fatigue, muscle, tendon and joint pain. I agree with other reviews, in that this is a very effective medicine, but the side effects can be severe. I am glad to hear that these go away in a few days.”

another jonesy May 4, 2013

Avelox (moxifloxacin) for Pneumonia: “While the side effects given makes a nervous-making read, I've been lucky in having no noticeable side effects. On day 9 of 10. Had gone to ER, felt like I was drowning, could not breathe well, not enough oxygen. They put me on an inhaler to dilate bronchia, started me on Avelox, I got an Albuterol inhaler next morning. Started feeling much better day 2. Had a bit of coughing now and then clearing phlegm. Only concern is how they tell pneumonia is actually gone, apart from symptom relief.”