User Reviews for Lamotrigine systemic

Restless Legs Syndrome

1 review 14 medications
Summary of Lamotrigine reviews 8.1 974 reviews

Reviews for Lamotrigine

For Anxiety: "I could not really tell if this medication made a huge difference for me or not. I was on this for 5 years and noticed some relief for anxiety/depression but not a huge relief. I had to switch to Trileptal because I changed doctors. Honestly not too sure about how this drug affected me though I did feel some relief from it initially."

mash (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 16, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder: "In combination with duloxetine, cymbalta, I'm stable. No depression, mood swings, rage issues, or anxiety (for the most part on the last one). I do suffer from some pretty extreme fatigue, so I was put on Vyvanse for the weekdays and it made all the difference. The major complaint I have is how disgustingly awful it is to take this med. It gets stuck in the back of my throat and I have to spend so much time to not throw it up during the times I can't get it down the first try. Then I have to spend 10-15 min scrubbing my tongue to get the taste out. Even with juice or other strong tasting beverages/food if I don't get that pill down the first time it's horrible. I wish these pharmaceutical companies would try their own medications so see how awful it is for those of us who have to take the crap for the rest of our lives."

Lilo (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have bipolar 1 and was on regular release Lamictal for several years before switching to Lamictal XR. I've loved Lamictal from the start as it stabilized my moods without the side effects that I get from lithium. I was having low energy in the afternoon so my psychiatrist switched me to XR. My energy did improve, though I'm not positive that it was due to the new XR. I do think that taking the XR version is worth it to keep the level in your blood more stable. My psychiatrist says she usually switches patients to XR after finding the right dose. The XR is more expensive than the regular release, but my copay for both is the same because they are both generics."

MD (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 14, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder: "I wasn't sure what to expect when I started taking it last year for bipolar II but I can honestly say it has been amazing for me. Initially, I had symptoms of cold, which is listed as a common side effect, but other than that no other significant side effects. It lifted me out of severe depression, and now I have consistent moods and am able to handle life in a way I never thought I'd be able to. Reading through the other reviews it seems that for a few individuals the medication doesn't suit them, but for most, it is incredibly effective. I would highly recommend trying it, especially as if it doesn't suit you all the side effects are reversible as soon as you stop taking it, and it has no addictive qualities whatsoever, nor does it make you feel out of it like an antipsychotic would. Try this medication because for me it has changed my life and I think it could benefit others."

K (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 7, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder: "I was told the was a very rare possibility I could get a life threatening, as in fatal, rash from this medication. Warning! It happened to me. Do NOT ignore any new rashes. No matter how small it starts out. Mine started out with just a little patch on my stomach. Then in the shower while drying off I noticed a rash which was running up my leg. By the time I had dried off and looked in the mirror I saw a rash on my neck. I laughed at first thinking this couldn't possibly be "the" rash. It turned out not to be a laughing matter. Stop taking this drug immediately if you notice any symptoms and seek medical help! Doing so SAVED my life. Good luck."

Grace (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2019

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I am not bipolar. My doctor prescribed it to me as an extra antidepressant. I never noticed a difference from the beginning to the end, but I started having very very disturbing nightmares. I had one nearly every night. I am not exaggerating. I know it’s not a known symptom, but I swear it was the Lamictal. I took a two week break from it and the dreams stopped. Once I started it again, the dreams returned. I feel a lot better now that I am no longer taking it."

Annietheapple (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 2, 2019

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "For months I haven't been able to sleep, mind racing and unable to control my thoughts. As it turns out, I was supposed to be taking 300 mg per day and I was only taking 100 mg. My wife sets up my meds since she tosses a lot of vitimans in along with my other meds: Lexapro, Klonopin, etc. so I never checked. I finally looked at the bottle and holy cow I wasn't taking enough. So, I went back up to 300 mg and what a difference. My only side effects and yawning and sleepiness but a couple of cups of coffee knocks out. Finally, I can sleep and can get some things done around the place instead of sitting about staring at the four walls. Thus, I would give this med a high recommendation. Granted, not everyone, can handle this med without some awful reactions but I've always tolerated meds quite well. So, choose you poison carefully. ;)"

Gwaredd Thomas (taken for 10 years or more) December 21, 2018

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "Depending on the doctor, I have PTSD, delusional disorder, bi-polar, depression, anxiety, OCD. This drug brightens my outlook immensely. It gives me energy and stops food cravings. I have experienced no side effects at all. I took it for about a year (10 months at 200mg). I got jaded, because I still felt like I was not 100% cured. I tried some other drugs and quit lamotrigine, being leery of long term toxicity of drugs in general. After a year, I got to such a depressive state that I tried it again. I've been on it for one week at 50mg, and it's like magic. Not only is it having all the same positive effects as before, it took away chronic leg pain that I had for several months due to muscle pulls that never healed right. Unbelievable! This time around I won't forget how much this med changes my life."

Anonymous December 21, 2018

For Depression: "I have Bipolar, several anxiety issues, OCDs, PTSD, trichotillomania, depression with some psychotic symptoms etc. If your conditions are quite severe, there is only so much a single medication can do. However, for me, lamotrigine has built a foundation which reduces my severe depression (suicidal most of 2018, due to bipolar & anxiety getting much worse, totally disabling), with no side effects except maybe it is a little harder to fall asleep (but I have intrusive images & flashbacks when trying to fall asleep anyway). I am still depressed, but not frighteningly so now. I have taken so many meds with so many terrible side effects, so having virtually none on this is a rare miracle. It does little for PTSD or anxiety or OCDs for me - well it helps after I've just taken it (and gives me back energy depression destroyed), but this only lasts 2-3 hours. Maybe I just need a lot more? (Already on target dose)."

Anne Briggs 35 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "Recently diagnosed with bipolar II. Antidepressants cause me to become manic so my psychiatrist put me on 25mg of lamotrigine. I feel like this drug is a life saver. I function normally and not experience mania or depression while on this. The only reason I didn't give it a 10/10 is because I have developed acne and my hair has thinned. I have always had perfect skin and thick hair, but struggling with both now..."

Lotus (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 21, 2018

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Ten years on antidepressants. Numerous breakdowns with family, jobs, courses, my wallet and the bottle. Spent the last 2 years going to work only to come home to sleep. Lost my two children. House and car a tip. Drove literally everyone away. Slowly came to the realisation that the world may be better without me. I got diagnosed with bipolar/ bpd rapid cycling and now on day 3 of lamactil. Weaning off effexor. My house is clean, I can prioritize things, I seem to be clawing my way out of that dark space in my mind. I'm motivated to leave the house and am hopeful about cleaning up my financial messes. If I had been diagnosed earlier I might still have my children. This medication is saving my life."

Realname (taken for less than 1 month) December 17, 2018

For Depression: "I feel Lamictal has made a big difference in my depression and mood swings. My twin sister takes it too for Borderline personality disorder for and she says it helps her impulsivity and mood swings as well. I also have an erratic mood and nice a difference on this drug. I'd say it mostly helps with depression though. I went from sleeping all the time and feeling numb to having some feeling again."

kellymcnamara1994 (taken for 1 to 2 years) December 10, 2018

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on Lamotrigine for a month now and so far it has changed my life around. With bipolar 2 I suffered a depressive state for over a month and quit my job because it got so bad. I am taking 100mg right now and I have not experienced any adverse side effects except for sleeping longer than usual with vivid dreams. A couple side effects I would consider positive is that I am not constantly hungry anymore and libido has improved so lovey dovey with my husband all the time. It has also helped reduce my urge of drinking alcohol. This is the best medicine I have ever been on after doctors were treating me with SSRIs for the past 10 years until a new doctor diagnosed me with bipolar 2. A+++ for Lamotrigine."

happysad89 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 3, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "Diagnosed BP2, diurnal mood variation, anxiety depression in my life. (Psychs can’t Make a decision lol). Started this med back in August, 25mg and every two weeks go up another 25mg. At 100mg I started to feel a little better. Anxiety gone, I wouldn’t feel so bad anymore for my thoughts or decisions (they’re not bad crazy ones) I could function better. I could handle work better. Went up to 150mg, and after 3 weeks on it I noticed I started to become depressed about how I automatically think and perceive life. It’s really really strange and hard to explain. I went down to 125mg, and added pristiq 25mg. I’m still not significantly better, but it’s early on with pristiq. So lamictal was not effective as mono therapy :( also doing CBT etc. Best of Luck to you!"

Yeah Go (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I'm 31, and have been on this medication (off and on) for 6 years now. Before that everything I took made it worse, or made me a zombie. I was only off it while I was pregnant and for about a year after. I had forgotten, when I got back on it (this and prozac is my combo) how much better I feel. I'm not losing my temper every time someone is annoying, not crying constantly (my spending habits are still ...horrible... but it's almost time to increase my dose lol)... I feel in control of my emotions and I'm not feeling everything so deeply. I take them before bed, because they make me extremely tired, and give me blurred vision and a headache if I take them and stay up. Also, I really like the vividness of my dreams when I take them just before sleep. I have a lot of nightmares (not from the meds, I've always had lots of really bad nightmares), but honestly I don't mind it that much. I like being able to remember my dreams so clearly."

bdidy87 November 30, 2018

For Depression: "Started the medication August 20th. I’m sensitive to medications so I took half of 25mg for a week then 25mg the next three weeks. Then a month later moved up to 50mg. Now I am trying to get to 75mg then to a therapeutic level of 100mg. I have had light headedness dizziness stomach cramps and sore muscles. I believe everyone should get to a therapeutic level and wait at least two months before they give up unless you get the rash or really depressed or anything else that can be life threatening. All These medicines takes time to work. You won’t feel it working in a week or sooner that’s just the placebo effect if you feel it working. So so far I’m doing good just need to get up at least to 100 mg and I should feel a good effect."

Believer (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "After 25 years of soberity I was tried of everything, not the low depression just years being in the middle all the time, never happy or sad, like feeling flat/nothing. Spoke to Drs over the years, tried a couple anti-depressants, no help. I was ready to drink again just to feel something. A friend said to talk to a Shrink, tried it & suggestted that I have a form Bi-polar. A mood disorder is one form. Started 100mg lamotrigine. 2 weeks later I felt a low level joy/happy, 1st time in years. My wife asked what was wrong. Told her about the medicine, my daughter said "I can see my Old Daddy coming back after all these years". Lamotrigine is life changer for me. After 2 yrs stopped taking it for a week, that old flatness came back. For 7 yrs the only side effect is I've had to learn the feelings of happiness/joy, the sadness of tragidity/loss, to feel everyday what I watched others feel for years. I take 100mg daily & I truly enjoy everyday life as comes my way."

BK November 26, 2018

For Depression: "I was prescribed lamictal for treatment-resistant depression. I had tried every SSRI under the sun starting at age 14 with little to no relief. After slowly titrating to a dose of 150mg, life has been so much easier. No extremely low moods and a definite increase in motivation. An added bonus is that it seems to help with my social anxiety as well. Overall, without this drug I might not have made it. Truly magic for me. And to those who are correctly diagnosed with treatment-resistant depression....mention lamictal to your psych!"

Leah (taken for 1 to 2 years) November 25, 2018

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was on this medicine for only a month, but I couldn't take it any longer. I had a constant sore throat and nasal congestion, brain fog and more but most difficult to me was how deeply depressed I felt on this medicine and it didn't lift till I quit taking it. I was always crying and I'm not a crier. I had no positive benefits unfortunately. I had high hopes lamictal would help with the low side of bipolar while my lithium helps keep the mania away."

Lucy (taken for less than 1 month) November 18, 2018

For Depression: "My doctor prescribed me Lamictal as an adjunctive treatment for my depression along with an antidepressant, but it didn't work at all. Lamotrigine looks like a placebo: I felt no side effects, but also no improvement when taking it."

Blink182 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 18, 2018

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Seizure Prevention: "I take this for Nocturnal epilepsy"

Anonymous November 14, 2018

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Causes an obscene amount of hair loss. Many other people have experienced the same problem. Have tried every vitamin and supplement to stop it but nothing has worked. Really improves my mood, but detrimental to the hair on my head. When I stop taking it, my hair grows back rapidly but my mood plummets. Wish someone would come out with an improved version that does not cause hair loss. It’s a big problem."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 13, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been fighting mood swings and depression for years and have tried all the antidepressants which for the most part didn't work and sometimes made me worse and more crazy, so I went to clinic and was lucky enough to tell this to a random doctor, she said it common for doctors to prescribe antidepressants for bipolar by mistake, I took a questionnaire that basically suggested I was Bipolar. I saw my regular doctor after this and he agreed and put me on Lamotigrine and it was like the lights went on, I am three days in and so amazed how I feel with no noticeable side effects I am stable and not constantly self talking and feel bad weak and discouraged , it works for what it was made for, keep looking and get diagnosed for the right thing because you can spend years taking the wrong medicine. Wow"

Johnny (taken for less than 1 month) November 12, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "Started to use it 3 weeks ago. Started on 25mg, a little afraid about rash. Otherwise, it started to help me since day 2. Felt better and more energized to reach my goals, which came back after 2 years on depression and rapid cycling hypomania. I am on 50mg/day now. It has helped my sleep, my motivation to work and study and take me out from social isolation. Still have suicidal ideation, but quite less than before. I'm recovering the control of my life and hope it continues improving, with help of cognitive-behavioral therapy."

Brazilian Bipolar 2 (taken for less than 1 month) November 6, 2018

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've taken this med on and off since it was approved for BP. It's like day and night when on or off it. Every time I start taking it again I always think "why did I ever stop this". I've taken so many drugs over the last 30 years and this is the only one that works."

Jhuckmg25 (taken for 10 years or more) November 6, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...