User Reviews for Lamotrigine

Restless Legs Syndrome

1 review 14 medications
Summary of Lamotrigine reviews 8.1 917 reviews

Reviews for Lamotrigine

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Very effective as mood stabilizer I take 200 mg in the morning and 200 mg before bed. Had no side effects. I take it with 1 mg of rivotril "klonopin" before bed. No depression no mania. For anyone with bipolar disorder try it. Its worth it. Lamictal is much better than zyprexa because zyprexa has many side effects."

Meshal (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 14, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I’ve been on Lamotigine for a little over a month now and the results are ASTOUNDING. My anger and mood swings have practically disappeared I’m able to control my emotions and think things through rationally. My memory also seems to have improved a bit. Only downside is I am a little more tired through out the day but nothing that I can’t brush off. Finally getting my life back on track."

Bean (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 13, 2018

For Anxiety: "As a MH clinician and anxiety sufferer with co-morbid depression I can assuredly say that if SSRI's failed you, you *need* to try lamotrigine. Busperidone gave me that common "weird" feeling. And while I don't have bipolar, I got hypomanic symptoms and seriously worsened depression/ anxiety with SSRI's (this is widely unknown but common occurrence). After confirming I have a gene that causes the latter, I spoke with my amazing prescriber about giving this a go. Since then, my world has changed for the better. I'm at a higher dose so I often feel a little lethargic but I'll take that side-effect over SSRI's many terrible ones any day. Lamotrigine completely changed my world- highly recommended. I really do suggest taking a genetics test as well. You very well could come up with the same result."

Roetusflower (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 12, 2018

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I was prescribed Lamictal for cyclothymia disorder. Although I have only been on Lamictal for 3 months (200mg), I have noticed a significant change in my sleeping habits. I went from being hypomanic and only sleeping 2-4 hrs a night, to sleeping a normal 8. Lamictal has made me a morning person, something I never thought was possible. It has dampened my depressive episodes considerably, as I no longer have hypersomnia with intense despair. The only side effect I experienced was moderate headaches within the first few weeks. I was skeptical and afraid to try this drug but so far I am very glad that I did."

Ashley (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 7, 2018

For Cyclothymic Disorder: "Lamictal has changed my life. I struggled for years trying to find the right medications just so I didn’t have to wake up every single morning wishing I didn’t exist, followed by erratic, unpredictable mood swings which affected my personal life on a daily basis. I thought because my problem was primarily symptoms of depression, an SSRI may work. Fortunately it did for several months but then gradually stopped working. Eventually my therapist convinced me to talk to my doctor about my mood swings, which I was leery about because I knew I didn’t fit the profile for BPD. Although I still don’t have an exact diagnosis, I am SO GLAD I am taking lamictal. I thought my SSRI made me feel better, but lamictal transformed my life. I have a better, more stable relationship with everyone in my life & I feel like I can handle all the highs and lows in my life as a neurotypical, healthy person would. Lamictal has given me hope for the future and I am forever grateful for this drug."

Evie September 5, 2018

For Seizure Prevention: "I had my first seizure at 41, partial complex. I started in Keppra and it was awful, I turned into someone that I didn’t know: angry, negative, sleeping 16-18hrs a day. I stared Lamotrigine and at first I had a lot of memory problems but it has since levelled out. After 3 years, I haven’t had a seizure for 12 months and it keeps me level and not emotional/moody. I do recommend anyone to try Lamotrigine bc I feel my old self again but better."

Justice035 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 1, 2018

For Migraine Prevention: "I suffered from migraine with aura from age 10 upwards. As I reached my early 20s I was having 3 migraines per week, and lost my job due to time off work. The neurologist tried me on aspirin, amitriptyline and other drugs until he gave me lamictal, this drug completely changed my life. I take 150mg per day and haven’t had one migraine in 12 years! I luckily have had no side effects or problems with the drug. Two years ago the doctor started me on fluoxetine for depression, it lessened the effectiveness of the lamictal and I suffered a huge aura but no migraine And the doctor took me off fluoxetine immediately, thankfully sertraline was a better option along with lamictal."

Samson08 (taken for 10 years or more) August 29, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I've been on Lamictal for only a month but I've seen dramatic improvements. I abused marijuana and that's when my mood swings STARTED and became out of control. After quitting marijuana cold turkey, I was still left with dramatic mood swings and compulsive anger that would last hours or days. A month later, I still do have mood swings. But there is something way different. After my mood swings now, I can actually recover from these moods. I feel I can truly work THROUGH a problem rather than just crying it out from exhaustion and waiting for a second wind to get upset all over again. Prior, mood swings would last hours and recovery was nonexistent. Now, I will have a mood swing, and after ward I will usually cry it out, and most importantly make amends with my boyfriend who I always hurt in the process of these angry moods. I am able to be by myself, let myself feel what I need to feel, recover, wipe my tears, hug my boyfriend and move on."

Rebecca (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 26, 2018

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Seizure Prevention: "I have been on Lamictal for 13 years. For the first 12 I had similar symptoms as others - poor memory, exhaustion, inability to walk a straight line. No idea why but now my symptoms are slowly going away. My dizzy spells are rare, straight lines aren't difficult and best of all my memory is coming back. It's not as good as before I was on the meds, but I'm happy for anything I can get. My issue is that I'm soon going on Medicare and the cost of this medicine is $12,000/yr. I'm looking into generics and based on the research it seems they have gotten better, but I'm not ready to make the leap yet."

G (taken for 10 years or more) August 23, 2018

For Depression: "Depression was overwhelming. Started off at 25 mg because I’m sensitive and had bad reaction to other meds. Went to 50mg after three weeks, then 75mg after a few more weeks. That is the level that gave me my life back. Have stayed on that level and it is still working after 6 months. Hang in there. Once you find the drug to regain balance, things will get better. For me, that drug was Lamotrigene."

451 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 21, 2018

For Depression: "I was on Celexa and Buspar for about 15 years - no highs, no lows, but felt after that long I should try something new. I started with lamictal @ 25mg while I was lowering my Celexa and Buspar. First two weeks were almost euphoric. Then I stepped up to 50mg (again while decreasing my other meds), and I started seeing things. I googled this and found others were experiencing the same issue. Then I stepped up to 75mg, and my world fell apart. Dizziness, hostility, itching, "buzzing", sleep issues, nausea and uncontrollable sobbing. I'm stepping down now, but it has been a 6-week process. Now I've been prescribed meds to calm the dizziness and nausea, and I'm still stepping down while going back on Celexa. Great when it works...a complete nightmare when it doesn't."

pebedebee (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2018

For Depression: "I have fought anxiety and depression all my life. I am 38 now and on Lamictal. I thought that their was no hope after trying virtually every antidepressant on the market. Lamictal has me feeling the best in my entire life. Depression and anxiety are 95% gone. Truly unbelievable."

Wes (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 20, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on lamotrigine for a few years for bipolar disorder. It helped MIRACULOUSLY when I finally got up to 75mg and I weight 120 pounds. (Had to switch from taking in the mornings to night because it caused drowsiness). I have started to randomly experience panic attacks, which never occurred before this year. Thinking it is part of the “anxiety” side effect of Lamotrigine. However, it is very weird that it started after years or being on the medication..."

lamotrigineuser (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 18, 2018

For Depression: "I voiced opposition to lamictal when I was first going to be put on it as a teenager out of fear of the skin rash, but my fears were not considered valid and my father and doctor conspired to force me to take it. While my fears of the rash were not warranted, instead something far worse happened. I developed a prolactinoma as a result of lamictal and I am working to prove this. I urge you not to use this drug."

SweeneyTodd (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 16, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "If you are Manic, this is the end of your search for a perfect drug! I've been on this drug for 3 years and love it! There is a reason it is rated so highly. I often forget that I am sick. Minor side effects, mostly stiff muscles in my neck and back, but totally worth it. I was previously prescribed Seroquel, which made me emotionally numb and then Geodon which amplified my symptoms. I assumed I was just getting worse but it was the medicine that was producing the very symptoms it was supposed to cure. Lamictal has given me back my life. I am highly functional now but without the manias. Even the full moon doesn't affect me anymore. My only other drug is trazodone which helps me sleep and takes off the edge of any depressions. As long as you follow the directions to avoid the rash, you will be so glad you switched to this drug."

steve (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 15, 2018

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Really wanted this medication to work for me since it doesn’t cause weight gain... for the most part my mood did level out but the side effects were unbearable for me so I am now slowly going off it. I get severe nausea and flu-like body aches. I actually lost about 10 lbs trying to take this for about 6 months because I was so sick I could barely eat anything. I am giving up now unfortunately."

AB92 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2018

For Anxiety: "I've been taking lamotrigine for years and I'm in a better place mentally than I've been in years because previously I discontinued an anti-depressant Valporex, and I was feeling very sad and down and hopeless, because I'm going through a divorce after 33 years of marriage. I'm a bipolar 2 sufferer, which was diagnosed at age 46 and I'm 53! I really like the mood stabilizer because I'm stable most of the time. I'm not in mania in spite of the high level stress of living in the house with my soon to be ex."

Yolanda (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 14, 2018

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "Much less anxiety and agitation. Much less impulsivity. Much more stable relationships, feels like I've got thicker skin now! Blunts depression but does not take it away completely, need to add antidepressants to take it away completely. Does not remove obsessive/intrusive thoughts but helps me manage them much better. Had some side effects first few months, like having trouble with how to spell (Weird right?) and forgetting words but those abated. Now at 200mg I sometimes have problems focusing my eyes but it is totally worth it, I can work and function! 10/10!"

bob (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 14, 2018

For Depression: "I have been on Lamotrigine for 6 weeks and up to a dose of 100mg and have felt no change at all. I am on it for depression and PTSD and anxiety. I suffer badly from Panic disorder as well. Unfortunately there has been no change while in this and I have tried all SSRIs and none worked and I am on Cymbalta also. So far klonopin only thing that has helped me function. Also I feel the Lamotrigine made me more panicky, tired and sad:-(. I was so hopeful for this to work and am so disappointed that yet another medication has failed me. I am currently weaning went from 100mg to 50mg and will be on 50 mg for 2 weeks before I go to 25mg. After 2 days I already feel a tad dizzy and off! Ugh please tel me this will go away:-("

Milerose (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 12, 2018

For Depression: "Update: Increased the dose from 300mg to 350mg. I went from feeling an all-time low just prior to the 350mg mark to a much improved sense of well-being. I have been on many meds, and I am aware of the placebo effect. However, this recent increase has made a very noticeable difference. I almost quit the medication but my doc encourage me to increase it towards the 400mg dose. Consider talking to your doctor about increasing your dose before giving up on it. I can make no guarantees how it will work for you, and it was a very rough patch to get to this therapeutic dose. I wish you all the best!"

Spaceman888 August 10, 2018

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I was an inpatient in rehab for a dual diagnosis of Borderline Personality disorder (BDP) and addiction, prior to which I had attempted suicide 3 times. I was always very impulsive and my mood swings were severe so I would flip out before even considering implementing therapy. I am now 20 years old and Lamotragine (200 mg a day) was a miracle drug for me and since taking it everything in my life has started to turn around, but therapy has played a big part also. Fortunately this drug is covered by the NHS when prescribed."

Anon (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 8, 2018

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Recently diagnosed with Bi-Polar Disorder II after many years of battling against depression. Used to self-medicate with cannabis regularly but the strength of it induced psychosis, so have been 6 months without it. The first five months off it were dreadful; hopelessness, poor diet, no exercise, spending all time in bed, not interacting with the world and a downward spiral of self-pity. My Doctor prescribed Lamictal and I was doubtful of its effectiveness. However, I noticed a stabilization in mood after just 3 days of taking 25 mg per day. And after a week, the improvements have increased so that I no longer feel hopelessness with no future. In fact, I feel normal, very normal. My diet has improved and my self-care - washing, cleanliness, etc - has returned. The drug really works and has greatly improved my self confidence and made everything so much easier. I would recommend it anyone suffering depression as it really does work."

Dazzer July 29, 2018

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "After my diagnosis, the first trial of medication I was prescribed was Lamictal, and shortly after, Seroquel. Being 18 at the time, I didn't take it seriously enough at the time, so I didn't take my medication as I was supposed to. I went through 8 trials since that time (9 years). Antipsychotics made me gain TONS of weight, so I took myself off all the ones I had been given trials of. Antidepressants made the condition noticeably much, much worse (I don't recommend them for Bipolarpatients). In 2016, I began to take my Bipolar seriously, and 2 years later, I have never been in a better place. It doesn't help every aspect of BP1, but the duration of time between episodes are so much longer, as well as the severity of the mania or depression being much less intense. No negative side effects, either. Regardless of the episodes I inevitably get, this medication saved my life."

Ali (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 20, 2018

For Schizoaffective Disorder: "My doctor has me on a half tablet of lamotrigine in the morning and half at night (100mg a day) and abilify in the morning. The abilify makes me so tired I can't function and take care of my kid. What other medications can I take with the lamotrigine? I need to be able to stay awake with my kid."

JustinJrsmommy (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2018

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have taken Lamictal for well over 10 years for Bipolar Disorder, it's been very effective and helping me keep my moods level, I also take Xanax for anxiety and I also take it if I feel like my moods are starting to fluctuate. I started taking Lamictal when it was a branded medication, I now have been on the generic (Lamotrigine) and it works just as well, I like the Teva generic form of it. It's a diamond shape for the 200mg. I take 200mg 2 times per day for my Bipolar disorder. I hope it keeps working this well for many years. I haven't had any side effects except for cotton mouth, but I try to keep myself as hydrated as possible."

cvdixon29 (taken for 10 years or more) July 13, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes