User Reviews for Lamotrigine systemic

Restless Legs Syndrome

1 review 14 medications
Summary of Lamotrigine reviews 8.1 945 reviews

Reviews for Lamotrigine

For Anxiety: "I have been taking 100mg lamotrigine twice daily for several months now and feel really good on it. The only reason I gave it a 9 out of 10 is because I still struggle with mood issues with PMS. I first started titrate 25mg 2xd and bumped up to 50mg 2xd. I felt like I was getting too anxious and dropped back to 25mg 2xd. After my anxiety was under control, I began to titrate back up and things went really well. I actually think I was getting more anxious before because I was so used to feeling anxious, and not feeling anxious was so foreign to me. Anyway, I'm glad I tried it and I'm glad I'm on it!"

btm000 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 23, 2018

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "This med saved my life. I’m on lexapro for depression/anxiety, adderall for adhd, and Wellbutrin xl for depression. But my main problem was my borderline personality disorder. I was insane. Crazy. A monster. Now I can’t even fathom my old self. I would be dead if it wasn’t for this medicine. It’s the only thing that quieted the voices."

Alice (taken for 2 to 5 years) October 20, 2018

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "My bipolar disorder type II was untreated for my whole adult life, and I am now 40 and am treated. I can say without a doubt that this drug has changed my life. I used to be angry at everyone, constantly agitated, hypo-manic and productive or hypomanic and destructive, or, most of the time, severely depressed and full of self-doubt. My life is entirely different, I go through most days feeling absolutely fine in my mind and body. When I don't feel great, I am able to check in on myself and take note of my symptoms, which then dissipate as soon as I comprehend them. My therapist says my pre-frontal lobes have come back and I have my higher functioning back again—it's been years since I felt this in touch with my thoughts and desires. Take a note of this: it didn't work hardly at all until I got up to the 200mg dose. In fact, I was almost as bad or worse until then with my cycling, but at 200mg it was like "magic.""

Johnny October 20, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I was recently put on Lamictal and seroquil together, after a diagnosis of bi-polar depressions... which runs in my family. I have tried every SSRI and SNRI known to mankind, but never could quite get stable. Wellbutrin got me the closest to calm, but it caused severe tinnitus. My Dr said often people with bi-polar are misdiagnosed as anxiety disorder, because of the meds and because symptoms can seem similar. My question if folks can contribute is I've tried the titrating 25mg for a week, 50mg for a week, then 100mg. I've been struggling during the 25 mg place that I almost seem like I have hypomania. The 50 mg wasn't a lot better, but the Seroquil helped level. Has anyone experienced once they get to 100mg symptoms level out? I've read a few times people felt more anxious till they got to the "therapeutic dose" which is 100mg and up, but some so it never went away. Thank you"

JacobPDX (taken for less than 1 month) October 19, 2018

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Schizoaffective Disorder: "I have been taking lomtrigine for a year now. It has made me more depressed than I was before I started this medication. My emotions are totally numb. I don't have any joy in my life. It's like I am a walking zombie just going through the motions. I would not recommend this drug. It has helped some people but it's not worth the side effects for me."

Gilmore11 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 13, 2018

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been prescribed Lamictal since 2013, and it changed my life. I was incorrectly diagnosed with depression at 18, (I'm 34 now) and the patterns of my mania and lows wasn't recognized till I was 30. After a Psychiatric assessment, I was diagnosed with bipolar type 2 disorder, and was prescribed Lamictal, and I feel great. No side effects that really stand out, haven't had major highs or lows, and I feel like I took control back over my life."

sideshowjenna October 13, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "This medication took me to the darkest of places. I took it for 3-4 weeks, at 25mg per day. It felt like some thing evel was talking straight to me telling me to destroy myself, the weirdest experience I have ever had with a medication. I was really depressed at the time, but once I stopped and got on Wellbutrin it cleared it right up. I had just been diagnosed with bipolar at the time I took it, and it was my first trial with a bipolar med. I did not want to try a med that would make me gain weight. The side effects were also apparent at the low dose, it made memory foggy and forgetful at work, I kept making mistakes and couldn't answer in full sentences at times."

MBerr (taken for less than 1 month) October 12, 2018

For Anxiety: "I have been on Lamotrigine for 3 weeks for anxiety and bad mood swings. Started out on 25mg twice a day, nothing changed. Moved up to 50 mg twice a day, still no positive changes what so ever. I am tired and lethargic. By the evenings I am extremely irritable and yelling at my family "

Southern gal (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2018

For Epilepsy: "I suffer (does anybody enjoy?!) from very infrequent grand mal seizures, and take 300 mg per day. Lamotrigine has been effective in preventing seizures, but the side effects have caused me to consider changing medicines. I went from being a nice guy to periodic bouts of nastiness, can't remember names or even some of the places I've been, frequently can't remember where I put things or parked, and my hair has thinned considerably. I checked to see if hair loss is a common side effect - it is, but I'm told the hair comes back after people stop using Lamotrigine). Looking forward to changing meds."

Fast Mike (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 4, 2018

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for : "It’s frustrating to know that I’m one of the few persons on which Lamictal had terrible side effects. Once I started the 50mg, I had severe diarrhea, nightmares, dizziness. A week after, I had to increase the dose to 75mg and I thought I was gonna die. The diarrhea became horrible (went 7 to 8 times a day to the bathroom), I had light stool, kidney pain, severe dizziness (fell down twice), a very intense back pain (couldn’t stand up or walk) and my level of ferritin dropped to 13 (probably because of the diarrhea). I had to stop the medication. Now I’m just on a 25mg with tegretol. I have cyclothymia and still searching for the correct medication to work on me."

CCLN (taken for less than 1 month) October 4, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "Saved my life"

oxcart (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 2, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "Lamotrigine most helpful psych med I've ever tried. It stabilizes my moods with no side effects. I've tried almost every drug known to man, and this and cannabis are the two most reliable and sustainable solutions I've experienced for my condition. This drug changed my life, and doesn't have the zombifying and creativity-stifling effects that other mood stabilizers gave me. For Bipolar II, this medication can work miracles. It took a while to work (at least a month of taking), but be patient and give it time."

lotus99 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 1, 2018

For Epilepsy: "Started taking this after getting in an accident due to having a seizure while driving. I started out at 25 mg twice a day. After being on this for a month and a half I had a partial seizure occur. They then upped my dosage to 50 mg twice a day and now 75 mg twice a day. I haven't suffered any rashes from this but feel very sleepy quite often. I've had only one partial seizure since starting this medication two months ago."

Beccaw (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2018

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Epilepsy: "I’m 46 y/o female and started Lamictal after sudden onset of seizures. Unknown cause. I have Crohn’s disease and have had my entire large intestine removed along with most of my small intestines. I’ve noticed my mood has improved, which is a welcome effect! Rather than being a human slug, I’m able to complete some housework and...wait for it.....DO LAUNDRY!!! The only issue I’ve had is cystic acne that got pretty bad when I was taking over 100 mg day. I now take just 100 mg and no more acne or rash. No seizures except a few when coming out of aenesthesia after some procedures or surgery. This has been remedied by getting premeds and IV seizure meds when having surgery. I’m happy again and look forward to the future!!"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 30, 2018

For Anxiety: "Lamictal has changed my life for the better. I tried SSRIs (made me a zombie) and Bupropion (gave me daily panic attacks). On 25mg of Lamictal, I'm myself again. I still get anxiety, but the kind that everyone gets (when it makes sense to be). No more panic attacks, it works quickly, and I no longer feel overwhelmed all the time."

aushdkjn (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 29, 2018

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "this drug made me a zombie, numbed my passion, my energy, my empathy, and what makes me myself. I'll take living a partially-psychotic existence over a dulled/lifeless one."

Enchantress (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 29, 2018

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Gave me crippling depression pretty much instantly. Would not recommend."

Megumi (taken for less than 1 month) September 29, 2018

For Anxiety: "Bi Polar II: Lamictal, it has given me a balanced and more meaningful life. My past is not so good before lamictal. It partly contributed to my relationship breakdown. My moods and anxiety travelled with me for years. I have been on 225mg lamictal for about 5 years now with no noticeable side effects and I think with clarity and I seem to have much more energy. I cannot jump into a long term relationship at the moment as I am caring for my self and trying to cope with work and my well being, but there have been big strides forwards - my experience with Lamictal has been very positive - thank you - Ed"

Ed (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 28, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "29F had depression since 15. Tried all diff kind of medications. Nothing really ever helped me. There were months and years of not taking care of my self as I should bc I physically could not move off of the couch due to my depression. Also struggled with anxiety all my life. I would hide sometimes and hate seeing ppl. Esp. Family. For some reason I felt guilty. Any ways fast forward I started lamictal in January 50 mg bumped up to 100, then 200. And I swear I have never been better. I started working out in June. Eating better. Scheduled appts for dermatologist. Started cooking eating healthy. It truly has been life changing for me. I have a nice routine going in my house hold and I feel great. No longer experience anxiety. I even had 2 huge parties at my house bc I have been feeling so much better. Good luck every one! Don't give up on yourself. ✌"

Syl (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 28, 2018

For Anxiety: "This is one of the only medications I’ve had help with anxiety. Although it doesn’t take care of the issue entirely (at 150mg currently) I have noticed some improvement. I’ve tried around 15 to 20 other medications and have had no luck other than with gabapentin and that only helped for around a month before I’d need to increase dosage again. My rating is more based of how it’s the only thing to help over how much it has helped me I will review this medication again in the future under the same nickname in around 6 months as long as I’m still taking it (and remember to do so). Hopefully this helps the general public in some way."

My Nickname (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2018

For Depression: "I’ve been on 100mg of Lamictal for over 10 years. I take it with an anti-depressant. Haven’t found a single antidepressant that helps (and I think I’ve pretty much tried them all), but when I started Lamictal years ago, It truly saved my life. I experienced a dramatic change in mood and everything became manageable. My anxiety and depression have been worsening in the last year and I’m at a very low place and I’m a mess. I’m going to ask doc about increasing Lamictal by at least more 100mg. I want my life back. My anxiety and depression is now affecting my work and nothing else is helping. I really hope doc says yes and I get control of my emotions and life again soon."

Panda514 September 23, 2018

For Bipolar Disorder: "I've developed some more rare side effects - a hand tremor that sometimes interferes with my daily life. When it is bad I take propanolol which quiets the tremor and takes the edge off anxiety. I've also had a couple episodes of vertigo and double vision at 300mg which were scary, so I'm dropping my dose 50mg at a time until that stops happening. I'm so grateful that this works for me, the side effects are minimal for how much it helps. 250mg every night I've finally become more or less a functional human. It took a psychotic episode to get me into treatment but I hadn't been functional for a long time before that (manic and drunk 24/7 or depressed and in bed 24/7). My depression has lifted and I haven't been manic, altho I think I've still had some mixed states and some outbursts. I'm learning to take better care of myself to avoid those. Getting sober helped. Side effects got worse once I quit drinking so I think maybe it affected how I metabolize it/how much I need."

Gm September 22, 2018

For Cyclothymic Disorder: "At 49, I saw a psychiatrist for the first time after realizing that I most likely had a mood disorder (cyclothymia). He put me on Lamictal, upped my Neurontin to 1800 mg (600mg TID) for my anxiety and prescribed me with Zyprexa for mania as a PRN. The Lamictal had an immediate effect and completely eliminated my low grade moods. I mean they are totally gone! No more brooding, no more pessimism, no more days of isolation and a marked improvement of my overall mood including a better sense of well being. So people with mood disorders question whether it is the medication that makes them feel better. In my situation, I am clear that it is the medication that helps me. I will stay on Lamictal for the rest of my life to help regulate my mood. I know it helps. BTW, the Neurontin has almost completely eliminated my anxiety problems. I still have anxiety, but now it is much more in the realm of "normal.""

Thorburn (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 19, 2018

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I requested to be put on this medication due to problems with BPD that the Seroquel/Effexor combo wasn't helping. I wanted, so badly, to help with the agitation and obsessive thoughts I was experiencing, but my psychiatrist warned me to stop the medication if I noticed a rash. Unfortunately, I was on it for 2-3 weeks and a rash broke out on my face. I immediately stopped the medication as directed."

MissLeopard83 (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2018

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been taking this drug off and on for BP1 since 2004. I do not think it has pulled me out of a major depression alone. However, I do think I have been less depressed during those years I took it. I took it alone consistently from 2004-2011 and only had about two depressions which were partially circumstantial and were moderate. I did not become suicidal in either one. After I went off it in 2011 on the advice of an anti-psychiatry psychiatrist I had suicidal thoughts on several occasions and became moderately depressed at least once a year. I lacked insight at the time but in retrospect I was missing the protection Lamictal has given me. I take it with Lithium now and it is a good combo."

alt jay (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 17, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Micromedex® Care Notes