User Reviews for Lamotrigine

Restless Legs Syndrome

1 review 14 medications
Summary of Lamotrigine reviews 8.0 995 reviews

Reviews for Lamotrigine

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on Lamictal 200mg for 11 years! This is in a combination with many other medications for Bipolar II! I always research my medications myself & ask for what I feel is right for me! So far, so good!"

Tesa (taken for 10 years or more) March 12, 2019

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Lamictal is fantastic for my bipolar. I have been taking it for 20+ years. No side effects. Started at 100 mg up to 300mg now. Doesn’t upset my stomach. I love it. Twice a day keeps the anger away."

Angry Rump (taken for 10 years or more) March 11, 2019

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I've been taking Lamotrigine (the generic Lamictal) for just short of one month. I was diagnosed with bipolar 2 disorder recently after years of thinking I had depression and anxiety. Lamictal has worked miracles for me! I can't believe this is how neurotypical people feel day to day. I've been missing out my whole life and wish I took it sooner! I'm productive, I sleep normally, and I experience little to no anxiety or intense moods. Only downfall is I have had some vivid dreams and nightmares but they're definitely not as bad as my mood swings. Not even 100 percent sure they're from the Lamictal. Only reason why I gave it a 9/10 is because I haven't been on it for too long yet (25 MG twice daily)"

Anni (taken for less than 1 month) March 8, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have been on lamictal for 2 months now. Before starting lamictal, I was on Wellbutrin, topamax and Latuda. I stopped taking the Wellbutrin topamax and Latuda when I got on lamictal. So far my side effects are blurred vision and depression has gotten worse. I’m not sure if I can take Latuda and lamictal together or not. "

Kev March 8, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder: "Horrible medication. Motor impairment, confusion and emotional blunting."

tomnik (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 25, 2019

For Epilepsy: "It help control my seizures better. Also cleared-up my mind, better memory recall, providing greater functioning while on other seizure medication. I was back to my old self before seizures/head-injury. If not for side effects I'd rate it 8/10 Discontinued use after 2 weeks. Because of an intolerable pain in eyes (50mg 2x/day. Pain started and became too much)"

Lrps9107 (taken for less than 1 month) February 25, 2019

For Borderline Personality Disorder: "I can only recommend this. Before this medication I wasn't able to function like a regular human being. The mood swings and everything, it was terrible. I been taking it for like two months, now I am on 150 mg a day, and I feel so much better. I can finally function because my moods have gotten so much more stable than before. I am thankful that my psychiatrist prescribed it to me, because I can't imagine, where I would be now, if I didn't get help back then."

L. (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 21, 2019

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "It is a very good medication. I can tell you I have been on it only two weeks at 25 and my PTSD and racing thoughts have calmed down. I am so scared of medicine it took me 3 weeks to even try it. I am a very honest person too I never ever posted about medicine, but had to on this one. One thing I am not sure if it is lamictal making break out or recent stressful events but I have got 3 pimples."

Eli (taken for less than 1 month) February 20, 2019

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "This drug genuinely saved my life. I'm 25 and have exhibited depressive symptoms for the past 10 years, which is way too long to wait to get properly treated. It took getting on Effexor and experiencing mixed-states/rapid-cycling/suicidal thoughts before I was correctly diagnosed with Bipolar II. I started feeling positive effects on 100 mg Lamictal. I have been stable on 200 mg for a year now, and the only side effects I experienced were fatigue and mildly fragmented sleep the week after increasing dosage. One of Lamictal's bonus effects for me was tamping down my anxiety and panic to almost nothing - this and lifting my omnipresent depression have truly been a life-changer. No side effects now and I am the most happy, productive, and fulfilled I have been in a decade!"

Potato (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 19, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder: "Tried Vampiric Acid had little impact for years, Citalopram was a complete nightmare. But Lamotrigine has been remarkably effective so far, (8 months)."

Neal (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 17, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder: "Causes excessive hair loss"

Bipolar123 (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 12, 2019

Lamictal ODT (lamotrigine) for : "I have Bipolar Disorder, PTSD, and a slew of other diagnosis. I've been taking Lamictal (name brand) since 2003 for the Bipolar Disorder and can't recommend it highly enough. It has made ALL the difference. I've had PTSD for several years and hadn't done much (or anything, really) about it until last year when something happened to me that forced me to seek help. While searching for a way to treat it without adding medication, I learned that Lamictal treats it, so my Dr tweaked the Lamictal dose to therapeutic 200mg and once again, it has made ALL the difference in the PTSD symptoms. They're barely noticeable, and I've since learned how to keep the triggers at bay as much as possible. As for side effects, just the dry mouth. I've tried Lamotrigine (generic) and had nothing but side effects. Yes, there's a HUUUGE difference between generic and name brand. With my insurance, I pay a small amount for it, which is good because it's around $300/month without it."

Turtle Lady (taken for 10 years or more) February 10, 2019

For Depression: "Lamotragine returned peace to my spirit; what a relief! Prozac, Lithium, Paxil, and the dreaded benzodiazepine Xanax (benzo's are pure poison, avoid them at all costs) didn't work very well over 35 years and life was hard. Life continues to be taxing, however I now laugh spontaneously again and racing thoughts are well controlled. It's worth the risk of adverse side effects, of which I had none."

SallyD (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 5, 2019

For Post Traumatic Stress Disorder: "I had PTSD and resistant depression and anxiety for 12 years (after tough military service) and now it's gone thanks to Lamotrigine. Here is a list of all the medications that I've tried before: Celexa Lexapro Effexor (Viepax) Remeron Bonserin (Mianserin) Gabapentin Geodon Abilify (Aripiprazole) Propranolol I couldn't control my thoughts, my mind was spinning with bad scenarios and anger attacks. I suffered many physical symptoms like prostatitis and many other things. This medicine saved my life"

Jerrard (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 1, 2019

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "I had tried every kind of medication for my bipolar condition and this was the only one that worked well. I had no bad side effects I took this for1 0 years I highly recommend"

dede (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 27, 2019

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Lamictal is the best drug I’ve ever taken. I had severe low moods for 5 years and they were totally gone at 300 mg. It took 3 years for me to even hit a depressive low, and that was because of a real life event. I am still eccentric and exercize like a maniac. The drug is not great alone for mania and anxiety. No hair loss, no mental dulling, does not make you tired, ZERO sexual side effects. Take only for bipolar depression, not for problems associated with extreme highs. If you are lucky enough to take this without the extreme side effects that some experience during titration, you are taking the most effective drugs to manage low mood swings. Rarely does a drug have such positive reviews. (Taken for 4 years)"

JBreezy1 (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 25, 2019

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Has anyone experienced confusion and difficulty with words while on lamictal?? Just started taking it on the 17th of January. I'm very scared of psych meds."

Robin (taken for less than 1 month) January 22, 2019

For Depression: "I have found Lamictal to cause insomnia and restless legs when taken in the evening. I was prescribed Lamictal for treatment resistant depression. I can't be certain whether it's helping or not, But it does cause a noticeable restlessness when I take it in the evening as prescribed. I am going to start taking it in the morning instead."

Ro (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 20, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder: "If you’re having adverse reactions to any generic med, there’s a good chance that you’re body isn't metabolizing it the same. That makes the med roulette game of finding the right drug far more complicated. I’ve tried torrent, zydus, alembic, and taro. I’ve only tried these different manufacturers because of change of insurance and pharmacy. Zydus and taro were terrible! Almost debilitating depression! No way a placebo effect. I’ve found that alembic worked best for me. That being said, this drug isn’t effective for depression & anxiety on its own. 150mg+ makes me think my own thoughts are wrong! 125mg- and it’s not enough on its own. No sweet spot for me. I take it 100mg with 25mg pristiq and still not enough. Might need another add on or increase pristiq. But has its uses to keep taking it at low dose."

Crazypenguin January 19, 2019

Lamictal (lamotrigine) for Bipolar Disorder: "Be Very Careful! I was given this medication for Bipolar with small increases in dosage because I'm very sensitive to medications. However I did experience a very negative side effect attacking my nervous system. One day as I was typing on my computer after taking this medication my legs felt funny at first and then went numb which landed me on the floor nearly helpless. The only part of my body I could feel were my upper part of body from elbows up! Using my elbows to drag myself to a phone for help. PLEASE be careful when starting this medication! Due to my severe reaction to this medication I filed a report with F D A."

JE (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 19, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder: "I've been taking Lamictal for almost eight years and it's a life saver. I was diagnosed with bipolar type 1 when I was 22 years old following a major manic episode. I felt like a zombie on other medications but knew I couldn't live in a constant state of mania either. It's the only thing I do (other than making sure I get enough sleep) to treat my illness and I've had no episodes of any kind since I started taking it."

Lily (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 18, 2019

For Anxiety: "I was put on this for severe anxiety 6 weeks ago and it has given me my life back! I can now go in public places without having a breakdown and my family has noticed a huge difference. I’m taking better care of myself and have the energy and desire to walk again. The only downfall is you have to titrate up slowly so you can get discouraged at first thinking it isn’t working. I’m now on 200mg and it’s been a game changer. Don’t give up on this medicine as it is a miracle worker. The only side effects I’ve had is a runny nose and headaches when starting it but I’d take that any day over the crippling anxiety I once had."

Sanityseeker (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 18, 2019

For Anxiety: "I could not really tell if this medication made a huge difference for me or not. I was on this for 5 years and noticed some relief for anxiety/depression but not a huge relief. I had to switch to Trileptal because I changed doctors. Honestly not too sure about how this drug affected me though I did feel some relief from it initially."

mash (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 16, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder: "In combination with duloxetine, cymbalta, I'm stable. No depression, mood swings, rage issues, or anxiety (for the most part on the last one). I do suffer from some pretty extreme fatigue, so I was put on Vyvanse for the weekdays and it made all the difference. The major complaint I have is how disgustingly awful it is to take this med. It gets stuck in the back of my throat and I have to spend so much time to not throw it up during the times I can't get it down the first try. Then I have to spend 10-15 min scrubbing my tongue to get the taste out. Even with juice or other strong tasting beverages/food if I don't get that pill down the first time it's horrible. I wish these pharmaceutical companies would try their own medications so see how awful it is for those of us who have to take the crap for the rest of our lives."

Lilo (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 16, 2019

For Bipolar Disorder: "I have bipolar 1 and was on regular release Lamictal for several years before switching to Lamictal XR. I've loved Lamictal from the start as it stabilized my moods without the side effects that I get from lithium. I was having low energy in the afternoon so my psychiatrist switched me to XR. My energy did improve, though I'm not positive that it was due to the new XR. I do think that taking the XR version is worth it to keep the level in your blood more stable. My psychiatrist says she usually switches patients to XR after finding the right dose. The XR is more expensive than the regular release, but my copay for both is the same because they are both generics."

MD (taken for 5 to 10 years) January 14, 2019