User Reviews for Ixekizumab

7.2

Psoriatic ArthritisNot rated - Be the first1 review 66 medications
Summary of Ixekizumab reviews 7.2 65 reviews

Reviews for Ixekizumab

Taltz (ixekizumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "43yr old female, Psoriasis since 9yrs old. Tried humira 50% cleared, stelara 90% cleared. Tried others because Dr thought I could be 100% clear - cosentx maybe 60% clear now Taltz. Skin looking ok, like it might get to 90% during loading stage (12 weeks) BUT injection site pain and reaction over my whole thigh, can’t wear pants but it did get better by icing immediately after. Other side effects - heavy scaling in my hair, ear infections fortnightly, thrush, skin rash/chafing, dry nasal passages, my nostril has split and scarred on one side. Thick sticky discharge from my nose, ears and eyes and developed a rash reaction to the discharge at the corners of my eyes, nose, mouth and my ears including my ear lobes. Hearing issues and can’t see when eyes inflamed. I am really sick, 1 month since stopping it and waiting and praying for side effects to improve. ENT specialist booked for 6 weeks time, absolutely not worth it for me unfortunately."

Cat (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 28, 2018

Taltz (ixekizumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Have lived with severr plaque psoriasis for about 23 years. Never took any biologics to treat it. Within 3 days, I developed hives and severely itchy eyes, but that was controlled quickly and easily with antihistimine. Within a week, 90% of plaques were GONE. By Day 10, only the thickest plaques left any buildup, although those areas did appear to start to get rougher. Week 2 injection seems to maintain it, though midway through Week 3 some itching has redeveloped, though it may only be a very mild reaction. Insurance won't cover since I didn't try Humira, but Taltz has been probably 90% effective so far and I doubt that Humira or Enbrel would have come even close to alleviating any symptoms given my experience so far. Injection site pain is moderate, but I could see how it might be difficult for less hardened people. So far, no major illness but I rarely get sick and it has only been a month. Time will tell."

MortallyWounded September 18, 2018

Taltz (ixekizumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I’m 61 and have had psoriasis since I was 8 years old, have tried every treatment. Tried Otezla and it affected my liver, kidneys so got off that. I started Taltz a year and half ago with fabulous results. In the last 8 weeks I have never ever been so sick with sore throat, swollen lymph node on the right side, cough and sticky phlegm. I feel lousy on and off and this throat infection won’t do away. I have had every blood test, strep test and everything checks out fine. I’m on hold now for the next shot. Wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what I should do. I have to go back to work, but if I’m this sick all the time....is it worth it. Any other comments would be appreciated"

Susie (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 14, 2018

Taltz (ixekizumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "It's been over a year on Taltz and I am 100% clear. Miracle drug for me and improved my quality of life. Was in Hawaii last week and sunbathing, snorkeling, swimming like any other person without feeling ashamed. One last callout: I see a lot of negative reviews on Taltz due to the injection. I migrated from autoinjector (very painful) early on to a normal needle and the latter has minimal pain."

taltzisamiracle (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 9, 2018

Taltz (ixekizumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I’ve been using Taltz for a year now. I’ve suffered with psoriasis and psoriatic arthritis for about 20 years. I’ve tried everything and nothing seemed to work completely. Some meds worked okay on the plaques but didn’t touch the joint pain! When I started using Taltz I noticed a difference in my skin in a bout 4 weeks. After 3 months I was completely clear! I said completely clear! After having plaques for decades you can imagine how ecstatic that made me. My joint pain has improved so much that I’m able to take dance lessons! Yes, the injection is the most painful medication I have ever taken but the benefits are totally worth it. I can play with my kids and dance with my husband! I can wear a bathing suit on vacation or wear a skirt or short sleeves to the office! I wish the shot itself wasn’t so painful but for the first time in my life I’m not a prisoner to my psoriasis and joint pain!"

Hgriffin80 (taken for 1 to 2 years) September 8, 2018

Taltz (ixekizumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "35 y/o female issues with mild psoriasis for decades and in April became severe after having strep. I was covered. My scalp was covered and spots started to appear on forehead and face. My back completely covered and arms and legs looked like a horrible case of chicken pox. Started w/steroid shot that seemed it was going to work , a week later it came back with a vengeance! Then tried other injections (also immuno suppressors) same thing, acted like they were working but a week in it was back full force. I began Taltz with 2 injections then 1 every 2 weeks for 6 doses then 1 a month. I am beginning the 1 a month regimen now. I was completely clear in days. I haven’t been sick and work in a high risk profession of catching colds/ flu/ etc.The injections are painful but quick. First the injections left large welts but that has subsided. I would take that any day over the psoriasis. I recommend taking the medication out of fridge couple hours before injection and follow it with an ice pack"

Taltzhappy August 25, 2018

Taltz (ixekizumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I just started Taltz. My first two injections were two days ago. I’ve done auto injectors before, but this one is so painful that I have to have someone else do it for me. Is it the injector itself or is it the medication? Am I doing the injections wrong? Idk."

Anonymous August 24, 2018

Taltz (ixekizumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I have been on Taltz for about 8 months now, and before Taltz NOTHING even subsided my psoriasis. I am now completely clear of the plaques, (still have the white spots that occur when the plaques go away.) The only downside to this medicine is it really does weaken your immune system. I was never sick before this medicine and now I am ALWAYS sick. Strep throat, multiple infections, colds, everything. I've gotten so sick I've almost considered this medicine not worth it even though it's effective. What's even worse is that I'm on a trial for the child version of the medicine. Overall really effective medicine, completely clear, yet always really sick."

Hannah August 15, 2018

Taltz (ixekizumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "39 year old male who never had previous issues until about a year ago I developed Psoriatic arthritis and Plaque Psoriasis that covered 80-90% of my body. I tried multiple other medicines without any success. I was finally able to see a new rheumatologist who gave me my first 2 shots of 80mg TALTZ and I was on my way to clearer skin and less joint pain. Now almost 3 months later I'm almost completely clear of plaque psoriasis except a few scars along my lower legs. I can honestly say this medicine has saved my life and given me the quality of life back that I had prior to this Psoriatic Arthritis and Plaque psoriasis break out. I know it's something I will forever have to deal with but I'm thankful my Dr found a medicine that works on me."

CentralCoastCali805 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 28, 2018

Taltz (ixekizumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I actually have Guttate Psoriasis. I tried light therapy, creams, and Otezla. Taltz is amazing! I have cleared up pretty much 95%! Using this drug there is a good 5/10 second pinching feeling when using the auto injector. I found I'd really swell up around the injection site for a few days. But I started taking allergy pills/antihistamine a day before my shot and a day after and it really helped the swelling. Being on any drugs sucks, but this really did a miracle on my psoriasis."

TwiztedTD (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 19, 2018

Taltz (ixekizumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: " I’m 47 years old, I have a psoriasis since I was 26 years old. I been tried different medicines including pills and injections but always my psoriasis is on and off. I’ve been on Taltz more than one and half years. I’m more than 100% clear. Due to some insurance issues thanks for their support program, that’s help me to continue treatment. I’m so thankful to God and taltz to make my life so easy and enjoyable. Thanks Taltz"

Farooq (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 16, 2018

Taltz (ixekizumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I have had psoriasis for over 12 years. Over the last 6-7 years, it has become progressively worse and effects more areas of my body. At the end of 2017, I had become over 90% covered, from head to toe, literally. I had tried Humira previously, as I also have Rheumatoid Arthritis, but that only caused me to have a flare of my RA, and did nothing for my psoriasis AT ALL. I was finally approved for Taltz, and I was skeptical. After my first double dose, within 3-4 days, I saw significant clearing on my face, arms, hands and torso. I took my 3rd dose a week ago, and I am about 50-60% clearer. It makes a world of difference to one's self esteem to get back to a more normal existence. I am quite the social butterfly, but the psoriasis has really wreaked havoc on my life. I am grateful to God and the makers of Taltz. I have 3 more doses before I go to the once a month maintenance dose. I hope that there will be no flare ups when that happens. My joints are doing great as well!"

GrafxGirl July 10, 2018

Taltz (ixekizumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Hi everyone I've just started on taltz after being on cosentyx for the past 18 months I took my first 2 injections of taltz last Tuesday and I haven't seen any improvement should I be worried that taltz isn't working or does it needs more time"

Dool (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2018

Taltz (ixekizumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I was 90% covered. I took mr first double dose and 5 days later I was 60% clearer. I put on shorts today for the first time in a long time. All I can say is that at this rate I will soon be 100% clear. I hope it keeps working"

CASH (taken for less than 1 month) July 8, 2018

Taltz (ixekizumab) for : "I have Palmo-Plantar Pustular Psoriasis (PPPP). I took Taltz auto-injector for 3 months - no luck. More studies need to be done for PPPP. There just isn't enough information or clinical studies to see what works. I really wanted Taltz to work."

Mich (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2018

Taltz (ixekizumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I have had psoriasis on 75% of my body for about 15 years (since I was 9). I have been to many doctors used creams, phototherapy, Enbrel, and Humira. I have been on Taltz for 12 weeks now and have completely clear skin. It is amazing to feel like a person again and not be in constant, dry, flakey pain. The injection hurt more than any I have ever had and the injections spots were horrible. I learned alot of tricks to mask that pain and the spots have not been as bad since. I love Taltz, this medication has changed my life."

Tabitha (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2018

Taltz (ixekizumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I suffer from Pustular psoriasis for year. I've been on Humira, Embriel, Sterlia now Taltz no help and injection site hurt like hell. "

baddfeet (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 7, 2018

Taltz (ixekizumab) for Psoriatic Arthritis: "I have plaque, palmoplantar, psoriatic arthritis, & hidradenitis suppurativa (HS). The PsA was so bad last Dec that I couldn't walk, dress myself, etc. PsA is the worst pain I've ever experienced, and I'm a cancer survivor. My rheum put me on methotrexate & prednisone. My skin instantly cleared. I was a bit stiff with random joints acting up here and there but so much better that I tolerated the small amount of discomfort. Rheum put me on Taltz (I had been on Humira for 2 1/2 years. It stopped working on my skin, and I flared with the PsA WHILE I was on Humira). While the insurance was monkeying around to approve the Taltz, I broke out in palmoplantar psoriasis. Here we are after the 3rd dose, and my palms and soles of my feet are no better, plus the plaques I had before the methotrexate are coming back. I don't know if this is a coincidental flare or a reaction. But MY JOINTS ARE PAIN FREE! So I'm hesitant to call my rheum and ask for another medication. I'm still undecided about its effects on my skin."

KristieTX May 24, 2018

Taltz (ixekizumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Took Talz for 12 weeks and it burned my skin and made my psoriasis worse. Switched to Stellara and it cleared me up 95 percent in 2 weeks Everyone is different"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 22, 2018

Taltz (ixekizumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Talz has taken me from being the healthiest person to the least healthiest person. It caused me to get hypoglycemia, bad headaches and I've been in the emergency room on top of that. Now, I get chest pains nightly which wake me up. 0/10 DO NOT RECOMMEND. THIS DRUG SHOULD NOT BE ON THE MARKET!"

Jodie May 19, 2018

Taltz (ixekizumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "I've been on Taltz for 4 months now. Just within this last injection seems out of the blue I got many plaque spot showing back up on my arms. Not sure what is going on but now I'm very discouraged since my self esteem was great with no psoriasis. Was on Otezla for two years which worked great but unfortunately the company I work for changed Insurance plans and would no longer cover Otezla."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 4, 2018

For Plaque Psoriasis: "Taltz has been the best thing I've come across. New lease on life. Don't get me wrong. I've tried all sorts of stuff before, and none of it worked. It comes down to the specific IL that a person responds to. The one thing I can say is that if something isn't working for you, try something else until you find the right thing. Psoriasis is a prison. It's a front row seat in Hell. It's something we need to learn how to fight. And Taltz won it for me, but it might not be the correct drug for people reading this. Trust me. Keep trying different biologics until you find the right one. I'll be writing a blog soon, so look for me."

zmckeever (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2018

Taltz (ixekizumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Been on Taltz for about 13 months. This product changed my life. After the first month I started to notice an improvement. After 3-4 months I was totally clear. I take one shot a month now to maintain. Hardest part was the 1 year process of going through all the garbage medication that doesn’t work first just so my insurance can approve this one. Insurance will make it as hard as possible to get on this, but keep pushing them. This stuff works and I’ve had zero side effects."

Woo (taken for 1 to 2 years) April 17, 2018

Taltz (ixekizumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "Worse decision of my life to start biologics. I had mild to moderate case treated with topicals. Decided to pursue a biological in search of a drug to finally give me clear skin. In the contrary, this has worsened my Psoriasis , I now have the worst case in 25 years. Biologics have actually triggered Psoriasis in areas I never had before. It is resistant to biologics, and now even resistant to topicals. I have tried Otezla, humira, Taltz, going to try Tremfya next. No help in sight, Not sure what to do next."

Disappointed (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 16, 2018

Taltz (ixekizumab) for Plaque Psoriasis: "My husband had severe plaque psoriasis for over 20 years. Nothing has come close to clearing it until Talz. One week after initial dose we could see a significant difference. He is plaque free now! Looking forward to our first vacation that he will wear shorts and swim trunks in a few weeks!! He has had a very intense sinus infection, but cleared with antibiotics, but still had some reoccurring drainage. But..a few weeks ago he injected it in his thigh instead of stomach. Shortly after he began having knee pain in that leg. It has increased to the point that it is difficult to walk. Has anyone else experienced this?"

Wife of Psoriasis Sufferer (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2018