User Reviews for Ixekizumab to treat Psoriasis

Also known as: Taltz

Ixekizumab has an average rating of 8.2 out of 10 from a total of 16 ratings for the treatment of Psoriasis. 69% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 6% reported a negative effect.

Ixekizumab Rating Summary

8.2/10 average rating

Compare all 260 medications used in the treatment of Psoriasis.

Reviews for Ixekizumab

Meg · Taken for 1 to 6 months April 18, 2019

Taltz (ixekizumab): “I started taltz around 5 months ago. I previously have tried different tablets and injections none of which really improved my psoriasis and one of which lowered my immune system so low that I was admitted to hospital for 5 days. So understandably I was a bit hesitant especially with such mixed reviews. And at the age of 26 I had little hope of anything ever improving my psoriasis. Taltz has been an absolute miracle for me, I had psoriasis on 80% of my body and after just the 2nd injection my psoriasis was completely gone. Granted the injections are slightly painful but I’d take 10 second of pain once a month over a life time of psoriasis any day.”

Jodi · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 6, 2019

Taltz (ixekizumab): “Amazing! I just got done with my 4th injection (technically 5th if you count the 2 Injections received on the first visit). My skin is 75% clearer. My psoriasis had gotten so bad over the past 4 years and I tried all the ointments and steroid creams and nothing worked. My dermatologist recommended taltz and it has changed my life. For the first time in years I have smooth skin! Most of the dry patches are gone and I only have a few red spots where the dry skin was, but its smooth to touch! I have had 0 side effects except for a little pain during the injection. Occassionally I'll feel a slight lump in the injection site but it goes away within 2 days. I have been getting headaches but only occasionally.. nothing I can't handle. This will be the first year I might actually put shorts on with confidence!”

BooBoo · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 24, 2019

Taltz (ixekizumab): “This injection has been a miracle drug for me. I have suffered with scalp psoriasis since I was about 12 years old. I am now 38. I tried several prescription ointments/topicals, natural treatments and every shampoo that I could find for scalp psoriasis, but nothing ever helped or got rid of it. The worst flare up occurred when my Dad was diagnosed with cancer and passed. I could feel the hardened skin on my scalp when I would tilt my head back. It was awful. Taltz completely cleared my scalp psoriasis in a matter of weeks. No more chemical filled shampoos destroying my scalp and hair. No more stress or embarrassment of going to a hair dresser. This injection is AMAZING.”

cburec2 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 7, 2019

Taltz (ixekizumab): “I have been taking Taltz for moderate Guttate Psoriasis and am on week 23 now. I do have much clearer skin than I ever did, and injections have gotten easier. The only drawback is how often I'm catching infections and having other not so fun side effects with experience. I had strep throat for almost 2 months and went through 2 antibiotics. Sore throat never stopped due to sinus infection on top of that when strep left. Saw 3 doctors and had 2 positive strep tests. Even the Taltz pharmacist said it was just hard to clear it up due to lesser immune system. Just saw my dermatologis today who basically told me the doctors don't know what they are talking about and he does because he is the one who prescribes it all the time. His words. I just couldn't believe this Dr talking to me like this, like I've not been experiencing this- it was like he was trying to convince me that I was wrong!. I've never had so many health issues and infections in such a short period of time. It can't be anything but the taltz...but I love my clear ish skin!”

Bus · Taken for 1 to 2 years October 10, 2020

Taltz (ixekizumab): “I have been on Taltz for a year now. It has helped me a lot. I’ve noticed that people have said that the injections are painful. When I first started it says to inject in leg, so I did it was the worst pain from an injection I ever felt, but after that ,I inject in the abdomen and it does not hardly and sometimes I have no injection pain . I do the abdomen always now.”

Karlondo · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 20, 2020

Taltz (ixekizumab): “I've only been on Taltz for a couple of months. Psoriasis cleared up almost immediately, no side effects yet. Steroid topicals used to cause hands to crack, so I'm happy to be done with them. The auto injector hurts really bad in the thigh. When my doctor first showed me how to inject it, he almost got punched and I called him many names. I did not want to do the second injection, and almost pulled it out when I did it myself. Tried numbing creams and icepacks since, but it still really hurt. Decided to give the belly a try. Still used a cold pack first just because injection to stomach seemed like it would be worse. Literally felt almost nothing. If you are suffering the pain injecting to the legs, try the stomach. If you are going to start with auto injectors, skip the leg and just go straight to the stomach. Or, when you do your first two injections, take the first to the stomach and the second to the leg so you can see for yourself. The difference in pain level is unbelievable.”

Kyle T · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 10, 2020

Taltz (ixekizumab): “I had psoriasis all my life and have been given topical meds up until my sophomore year in college (which never worked). I got a new doctor and he was finally willing to give me something more intense after so many others said I didn’t need it (taltz). Although the injections are tough because I’ve never liked injections, this medicine has been a miracle. My psoriasis has completely gone away and I am finally happy with my skin. 110% recommend this for anybody that struggles with psoriasis. My insurance didn’t cover it but my doctor was able to get me the medicine with very reasonable monthly payments.”

Hyjennaist · Taken for 1 to 2 years November 10, 2020

Taltz (ixekizumab): “I was switched to Taltz after 10years on Humira for severe plaque psoriasis. I had side effects from the start; severe exhaustion, mouth ulcers, red burning eyes, exaggerated response at injection site, felt like I had the flu for two days after injection, hair loss, extreme folliculitis, etc. In addition, Taltz didn’t even start to combat the psoriasis that affects my toenails...which has gotten so painful I had to buy a half size larger in trainers. I gave it a year and a half, as I was part of a study, but thankfully, I’m going back to Humira! The exhaustion was the worst part...it’s really affected me.”

Breannacourtneyy · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 25, 2021

Taltz (ixekizumab): “I've been on Taltz now for almost a month. I started with 2 auto injections at once and then now doing 80 mg every 2 weeks. I have plaque and guttate psoriasis which my dermatologist has classified as erythrodermic psoriasis. My entire body is covered and this has never happened to me before. I’m 27 years old and I've had this flare up for 8 months.. now I’m experiencing something new though since starting the Taltz. I've done 3 injections so far. My flare up hasn’t gotten better at all like whatsoever. Not even a little bit. In fact, my patches are getting larger than they ever been. I have no side effects so far from taking taltz, but is it normal for my flare up flakes to combine and get larger?? I’m not experiencing new flakes.. but the ones I have are starting to connect together and form larger portions. I’m literally covered from chest down. Also in my scalp and back of my neck. I’m starting to feel defeated and I just hope that this doesn’t mean it’s not working ):”

Midwest February 18, 2021

Taltz (ixekizumab): “Guttate psoriasis over 50% of legs for 20 years. I’ve tried light therapy, steroid creams, Tazorac, Otezla and Cosentyx. Otezla made me nauseous and did nothing. Creams would help slightly, but it took weeks and also left my skin raw and peeling. Cosentyx for 9 months made them slightly smaller, but no real noticeable change. Just had my week 2 dose of Taltz. I have to say it might be just the initial loading dose of a biologic repeating, but it is actually better. A long way to go- but I am hopeful. And I agree that the autoinjector pen is ridiculously painful. Brings tears and I am pretty tough. It is short lived though and praying this biologic finally makes it to where I can wear shorts .”

Chickmom · Taken for 6 months to 1 year July 9, 2021

Taltz (ixekizumab): “I could not believe in a matter of a couple doses my skin was clearing up. I had tried diets, other drugs, tanning beds, red light therapy, skin products, steroids, I went all natural everything on my body and nothing worked. Then Taltz and I look normal again at 43. I developed psoriasis when I turned 40 it took me three years to find my answer.”

Ricky · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 24, 2021

Taltz (ixekizumab): “This is the most painful thing I have EVER injected. Why? Imagine a red hot poker searing a hole through your skin, that's what it's feels like to me. I don't know if I can continue this stuff, the pain is ridiculous.”

Tallathin · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 19, 2019

“In Poland the insurance cover up to 2 years of therapy. Unfortunately after 2 years of treatment patients will be just kicked out of that drug program. Results of this specific treatment are just unbelievable. I lost ALL plaque just after 3 days of taking the initial dose, without using any topical medications! The only negative side is feeling of having the upper respiratory tract infection however the increased CRP level is not observed.”

Anonymous · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 23, 2021

Taltz (ixekizumab): “The company really helped me get ins. approval. Took a while and some issues with insurance were all resolved in time & worth it. This medication helped me with psoriasis clearing completely at 6 months even scalp and Helped PsA back pain & all joint pain took longer but really noticed changes at 1 year. I didn't have any side effects except some nausea and exacerbated IBS. Nausea helped with anti nausea watch. IBS may be worsening tho. Afraid to get off due to time it took for it to work & build up & approvals”

ashley · Taken for 6 months to 1 year September 4, 2020

Taltz (ixekizumab): “Taltz has been very very good for my psoriasis the injection does hurt alotttt. But it is bearable and would take 10 seconds of a shot anyway rather than live with plaque psoriasis.”

sylviasong · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 2, 2021

Taltz (ixekizumab): “Amazing Med! start working in just 2 days !”

Learn more about Psoriasis