User Reviews for Simponi

Learn more about Simponi.

Spondyloarthritis 1 reviews 65 medications

Ulcerative Colitis 3 reviews 97 medications

6.7
Summary of Simponi reviews 57 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Simponi

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I started Simponi Approx 1 year ago. I was first on methotrexate for about a year but developed a really bad cough and scarring on lungs. I then was put on Remicade which took away every pain I had but on third infusion, I had an allergic reaction so I had to be taken off. Now I am on Simponi and by the third infusion, I have had no pain at all and no side effects. I am on Medicare which pays for 80% and my UHC which pays the 20%...so I feel really lucky."

Rosie bell July 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Worked ok on aches and pains but really messed with me mentally. Made me very depressed and socially withdrawals. I feel more fatigue and lot of headaches."

Catterfly78 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I'm a mid to severe RA patient. I have RA for about 4.5 years. I was quickly diagnosed. Less then 6 months I was prescribed Simponi. In Canada my doctor got me lined up for Simponi and once I started they will give it to me free of charge. The drug company pays for it. I am very lucky. I have been in remission for since I started it 4 years ago. Colin"

ColinF July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I have had RA since 1987 and tried pretty much every drug and biologic out there. After a few weeks on Simponi (2011) I swore that I was completely cured of my RA. Unfortunately the manufacturer does not give financial assistance to people on Medicare so I had to get off the best drug that ever worked and have been deteriorating ever since. Shame on Johnson & Johnson for not having compassion on patients who can't afford their drug. BIG DRUG COMPANIES!!!"

treeod (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I had my first infusion today. No ill effects with the exception of exhaustion...additional that is as I already am sleeping 16 hours per day. Not sure how a person is supposed to make a living with this advanced RA. I am hoping that Simponi will resolve that in the near future Will let you know when things start to work and I can return to the land of the living."

gregoryj (taken for less than 1 month) May 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis "Simponi did not work for me. Tried it three months, and it made all the bleeding, cramping and diarrhea worse. I really wanted it to work for me...but it didn't. And Jannssen was NO help...called it "side effects," when it was "exacerbation of symptoms." Best wishes if you take it...I hope you find success with it. :)"

MelissaInFlorida March 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Simponi had been the first biologic that has worked for my very active JRA (diagnosed 48 years ago) I tried every biological available, Simponi was the first medication to work within hours for my severe symptoms at the time, with no side effects. I have been using Simponi for 8 months. I pray it continues working."

Karlh23 March 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Was ready to retire from teaching from the pain and tiredness from difficulty walking from RA. Simponi gave me my life back. Reduced immune system from RA meds given as reason for Legionnaires disease but benefits far out way any negatives. At 7.00 am about to go on extended world trip."

Lynnseed (taken for 5 to 10 years) February 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Yeaterday got my 4th injection in 4 months at home by a nurse! I think it's working very well so far.....I have taken many other types of medicines over 7 years with big side effects for RA. I have had Ulcerative Colitis for 15 years and took some meds for that. Because of side effects I began a very stringent diet, (specific carbohydrate diet). I eventually got better and all UC symptoms stopped. Years later went off the diet and was soon reduced to suffering immensely with undiagnosed RA symptoms. I believe my diet contributes to my symptoms. I know food chemicals can cause inflammation and I know UC is cousin to RA. I come from generations of alcoholics and am recovering for 27 years. Sugar is a deadly & strong addiction. Today I was lethargic "

Qwanderer February 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I am 65 with RA and have been on 8 different biologics. Now on simphone doing well. Methotrexate gave me interstitial fibrosis, another drug a dvt. They all come with a price physically and financially but quality of life verses quantity....I choose quality. It's good to read others experiences it helps ..."

dianna c.. (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Had 1st shot of Simponi and didn't notice any change. I was also taking 2 pills of methotrexate. Doc upped methotrexate to 6 pills. I had been getting muscle spasms intermittently since starting Simponi. After 3rd shot, I got the muscle spasms the next day and they lasted for a week. Doc took me off Simponi due to the muscle spasms and also because I didn't notice any change in AS. "

HiiQ December 11, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I was on Methotrexate and Sulfasalazine for my RA for several years. I have now received 2 infusions of Simponi with my third one the end of 11/16. The only improvement I saw was after the first infusion which helped with my stiffness. I am still suffering with the pain and returning of stiffness. Also, my feet are really bad now. Does Simponi just not work for some people?"

Kdm20 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 31, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Was on Humira for 11 years, which stopped working. Enbrel, horrible reaction. Started Simponi in April. It took about 2 months to kick in, but now working great! Sleeping better than ever, have only had 2 days of minor pain. Only thing that is still challenging is the fatigue. Very happy with results and love the once a month injection."

Piglet68 August 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "After my wife was taking Simponi for about a year under the direction of her arthritis doctor, she came down with a rare neurological condition called CIDP (chronic inflamatory dimylating polyneurothapy) where she became almost totally paralized . I think that the drug Simponi is very dangerous to take and she still can't walk after 2 years after stopping the drug. She has to take infusions of IVIG gamma globulin every third week to rebuild her nerves after the erosion of the myelin of the nerves took place. This is a very serious side effect that no one has addressed. I am sure that others have had this side effect hit them from taking Simponi. We have spent over $200,000 in medical expenses toward my wife's recovery and will take at lease 1 to 2 more years for her to recover."

Caregiver J July 7, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "I'm a 48 year old female that started showing symptoms at age 17, diagnosed at 19 with the HLA-B27 marker. Total hip replacement at 29, chronic chest pain due to fusing. I have tried a butt load of meds over the years, most oral due to lack of insurance (Which thankfully, I now have) which cost me renal failure stage 2 including Methotrexate. I have a Medtronic pain pump and am on Oxycodone currently too. I have tried Enbrel, Humira and now Simponi. Simponi works very well for me WHEN I can get the smart injections to work. "

tc31wizard (taken for 1 to 2 years) June 24, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "Started Simponi in February and so far nothing has changed, still pain, swelling and disease getting worse. I hope you never have a problem with an injection because the people at Jensen who are there to help are clueless."

Occams Zebra April 15, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ankylosing Spondylitis "Well, I would like to say Simponi has been very effective for me. From my first shot to the sixth the shot I just received this month the Simponi removed my symptons of AS to the point where I feel normal. Before being diagnosed and receiving Simponi I was in pain constantly and taking meds that were basically for gout which what I was being treated for before my diagnosis for AS. One month the doc tried Remicade but it was ineffective for me. The Simponi has given me back normality at least in the sense of physical well-being. It has been wonderful for me and my family as they don't have to worry about helping me when I have symptoms of swelling and pain. In fact I noticed that When i get scratches my wounds even heal faster. Thanks,"

Patrick John (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I am a male age 28 with RA. I was diagnosed with RA at age 23. I suffer pain primarily in my toes. For a newly married athlete at age 23, the pain from RA and the thought of living the rest of my life crippled with pain - took a huge toll on me. I felt ashamed as a man and as a husband/potential father. Fortunately, I have had great Docs work hard to help me get well. I have been on plaquenil, sulfazalazine, methotrexate, enbrel, cimzia, and simponi. Each med had some positive results but some had harsh negative side effects too. Like many of us- I want to be on as little medicine as possible - but still manage my pain. Simponi has solved my riddle. I am so pleased to be pain free and on only 1 med now - Simponi. Thank you!"

Andygrass (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "It seemed to work well for me right from the start. I had been on Remicade previously but I had to quit due to losing my insurance. By the time I went to Simponi I was hurting pretty bad. Unfortunately, it stopped working after a while (18 months) but that has been my personal experience with Biologics. When it worked, it worked well."

Kevin Bx October 12, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Rheumatoid Arthritis "I started Simponi on November last year. I started noticing a rash on my face but I never relate it to the use of the med. Two weeks ago my dermatologist told me I have this weird reaction called mucinosis , which when not treated properly can lead to a lymphoma. I was feeling awesome with simponi so far cause the pain of my RA was gone but now I just don't want to use it anymore."

Martinica28 August 8, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Spondyloarthritis "Been on this for 2 and a half months. After the second injection, I went 13 days without taking any Norco or Soma whereas I typically took one a day and two a day respectively. It took a bit to get my insurance to cover it, but I had a severe reaction to Humira allowing me to. Amazingly it seems to work even better than my enbrel at 11 weeks."

gmoro0002 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "I have now just taken my 4th injection, I'm as bad as I was if not worse than when I was first diagnosed. I can barely walk, have swelling in my toes, feet and ankles, as well as my left knee. Also in my elbows, wrists, hands and fingers ... I have bad psoriasis on my scalp. I don't think this medication is very good at all and have shown no response to the previous 3 doses and this dose I have been nauseous every since taking it .. I was on Humira previously for about 5 years but I stopped responding and Embrel I had really bad reactions too ... Hoping for something new when I go back to specialist end of month"

Piparmaru (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Psoriatic Arthritis "Works Great"

Joey9876 (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis "Recent colonoscopy confirmed no active inflammation. Experiencing no side-effects. Painless self-injector administered very 4 weeks. The Only minor difficulties are dealing with the specialty pharmacy and properly disposing of the injectors."

Ohlz (taken for 1 to 2 years) May 28, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Ulcerative Colitis "Had a major flare up back in April that almost lead to emergency Colonectomy. Hospitalized for 19 days straight, was in 2 different hospitals lost about half my bodies blood and 50 lbs over 6 months time. 1st doctor put me on many of the wrong medications as the disease was too severe. Starting out on Lialda, Uceris then up to Remicade which started to work for about a week and then Prednisone which was horrible. When I was in the 2nd hospital I had another Doctor prescribe Simponi and it took a while but is working for sure. I went from 20 times a day of red to 1 - 3 times a day (clear water)."

Backfromthe Brink (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 22, 2015