User Reviews for Simponi to treat Psoriatic Arthritis

Simponi has an average rating of 5.8 out of 10 from a total of 15 ratings for the treatment of Psoriatic Arthritis. 40% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 33% reported a negative effect.

Simponi Rating Summary

5.8/10 average rating

Compare all 62 medications used in the treatment of Psoriatic Arthritis.

Reviews for Simponi

myke99516 · Taken for 2 to 5 years August 24, 2012

“I was almost wheelchair bound, every joint in my body inflamed and lots of pain walking. Psoriasis was flaring too all over. The day I took my first shot I could feel the joints loosening and pain lessening. Within 6 months I was virtually pain free and completely mobile. 2 years now and I am riding my bike 25 miles a day and combined with light treatment my skin is 90% clear.”

Karl Mc May 21, 2013

“I had been taking methotrexate for almost a year with moderate results. My skin cleared almost 80%, and my joints improved approximately 60%, however each time I took my medication I felt really ill for 48 hours afterwards. It was depressing. Anyway my Rheumatologist recommended Simponi. Having read the side effects, etc. I was a little apprehensive about taking Simponi, but after meeting with the Simponi nurse I decided to go with it. After two shots (2 months) I felt a big difference, my joints were no longer stiff and I was almost pain free. After the fourth shot my skin has cleared to 95% and I have no stiffness in my joints. It really is working for me.”

Thommo · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 27, 2021

“An absolute life changer. From living in excruciating pain each day and struggling to get out of bed - to being absolutely pain free in a matter of only 3 months. No limitations as to what I can do physically, and the psoriasis on my scalp has cleared significantly. I have slight hand tremors but that causes my no trouble and may be due to other causes (23 years old, dosage once every 4 weeks)”

PsA sufferer · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 30, 2020

“I tried Simponi for 9 months for psoriatic arthritis. At first it was like a miracle. Then the pustular psoriasis started on my legs, my hair started falling out, and my mood got very strange. Bloodwork showed super high cholesterol which was 3xs what it ever was. Psoriasis flared worse than ever all over my body. My skin has never gone back to normal. Terrible, scary drug. Wish I'd never tried it.”

Anonymous December 15, 2009

“I've been using Simponi for Psoriatic Arthritis for 5 months. Before that I was using Enbrel. I had a small amount of psoriasis on my scalp before starting Simponi and now I have much more. I like the once a month injection but believe I'll be returning to Enbrel soon as I believe it did a better job.”

Anonymous October 2, 2009

“My husband took his first dose last month and is getting ready to take his second dose in a few days. While I think the drug is working, the Patient Cost Support Program is difficult to deal with and we are still struggling to get reimbursement.”

Kevin Bx October 12, 2015

“It seemed to work well for me right from the start. I had been on Remicade previously but I had to quit due to losing my insurance. By the time I went to Simponi I was hurting pretty bad. Unfortunately, it stopped working after a while (18 months) but that has been my personal experience with Biologics. When it worked, it worked well.”

rrsltx December 5, 2017

“I was on Remicade infusion for 7 years, I had wonderful results for 6 years, with PSA flares slowly creeping back in the 7th, but not unmanageable. Rheumy switched me to Simponi. After 2 injections, while my skin is still clear, the PSA is raging. I am in terrible pain. I spoke the my Rheumy once and she said to give it a chance. Calling her again this morning. The pain and exhaustion is debilitating and affecting every aspect of my life. I asked he about Taltz and Cosentyx but she wanted to keep me on a TNF blocker. I'm ready for change.”

Piparmaru · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 8, 2015

“I have now just taken my 4th injection, I'm as bad as I was if not worse than when I was first diagnosed. I can barely walk, have swelling in my toes, feet and ankles, as well as my left knee. Also in my elbows, wrists, hands and fingers ... I have bad psoriasis on my scalp. I don't think this medication is very good at all and have shown no response to the previous 3 doses and this dose I have been nauseous every since taking it .. I was on Humira previously for about 5 years but I stopped responding and Embrel I had really bad reactions too ... Hoping for something new when I go back to specialist end of month”

jenniclarke February 7, 2014

“I took Simponi for 8 months before stopping to get pregnant with my son. All of my symptoms had disappeared and I was 100% flare up free. However, after having my little guy and starting the Simponi injections again I have not had any relief to my psoriasis and have experienced 2 flare ups even after upping my dose to every 3 weeks. How can it have worked so well and now not well at all. I have requested an appointment with my rheumatologist to discuss other biologic medicines.”

worked the best · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 6, 2013

“No pain after second injection. 98% clear. Only side efferct so far is nausea at times. Love this so far. Humira and Enbrel caused bad site reactions.”

Catterfly78 · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 19, 2017

“Worked ok on aches and pains but really messed with me mentally. Made me very depressed and socially withdrawals. I feel more fatigue and lot of headaches.”

Indydeb1 November 25, 2017

“It got worse on this”

Anthony u November 2, 2011

“I received all of the side effects. ”

Joey9876 · Taken for less than 1 month June 30, 2015