User Reviews for Simponi to treat Ulcerative Colitis

Simponi has an average rating of 5.4 out of 10 from a total of 8 ratings for the treatment of Ulcerative Colitis. 50% of users who reviewed this medication reported a positive effect, while 50% reported a negative effect.

Simponi Rating Summary

5.4/10 average rating

Compare all 116 medications used in the treatment of Ulcerative Colitis.

Kay · Taken for 6 months to 1 year December 23, 2020

“Simponi has been a God send! Prior to starting Simponi I was unable to leave my home for any length of time. I had suffered for 2 years with UC and failed other treatments. My last C- scope in November 2020 was the best of the last 4. ❤ If I had one suggestion it would be to package an alcohol swabs with each injection ( like Humira does).”

Ross · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 13, 2020

“Simponi did nothing. Was actually better before I started!”

Jim September 24, 2020

“Been on Simponi for 3 months 5 tubes. I think I’ m worse than before. Bloating and going to toilet more often! I’ll give it another 3 months, but I can tell its not working. I know someone who also had no success with simponi, but might with Humira.”

Backfromthe Brink · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 22, 2015

“Had a major flare up back in April that almost lead to emergency Colonectomy. Hospitalized for 19 days straight, was in 2 different hospitals lost about half my bodies blood and 50 lbs over 6 months time. 1st doctor put me on many of the wrong medications as the disease was too severe. Starting out on Lialda, Uceris then up to Remicade which started to work for about a week and then Prednisone which was horrible. When I was in the 2nd hospital I had another Doctor prescribe Simponi and it took a while but is working for sure. I went from 20 times a day of red to 1 - 3 times a day (clear water).”

Ohlz · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 28, 2015

“Recent colonoscopy confirmed no active inflammation. Experiencing no side-effects. Painless self-injector administered very 4 weeks. The Only minor difficulties are dealing with the specialty pharmacy and properly disposing of the injectors.”

MelissaInFlorida March 18, 2017

“Simponi did not work for me. Tried it three months, and it made all the bleeding, cramping and diarrhea worse. I really wanted it to work for me...but it didn't. And Jannssen was NO help...called it "side effects," when it was "exacerbation of symptoms." Best wishes if you take it...I hope you find success with it. :)”

Boo · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 20, 2019

“I have UC, fibromyalgia, RA, Diabetes type 2, and many more health issues. I've been on SIMPONI for about 4 months, my symptoms have become worse, chronic pain, intense swelling burning tingling hands and feet, BLOATED STOMACH that just won't deflate,l oss of appetite, I don't want to have the SIMPONI ANYMORE, I'M now worried, and scared, as it's rejected my body ,I have just about had enough of the intense pain...I'm happy to hear good results from people it has worked for...”

Volpe · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 27, 2020

“I've got UC started therapy with Simponi almost two years ago because I was a steroid-dependent, even if I generally felt well. The last colonoscopy, done 6 months ago, showed that I was in complete remission and luckily I still feel great. I haven't noticed any collateral effect, maybe I've just gained some weight, but probably I was underweight before (I am 1,63m tall, and my actual weight is 51,5kg).”

Learn more about Ulcerative Colitis