User Reviews for Drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium

Also known as: Beyaz, Rajani, Safyral

Learn more about Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol/levomefolate calcium.

Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder 11 reviews 44 medications

8.3
Acne 25 reviews 525 medications

7.8
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 4 reviews 97 medications

7.8
Birth Control 134 reviews 292 medications

6.5
Summary of Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol/levomefolate calcium reviews 174 reviews 7.6

Reviews for Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol/levomefolate calcium

Safyral (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I switched to safyral two months ago after losing my insurance and needing free samples to carry me until my new job provided me with coverage. I have been on ocella and Yasmin, depending on which was free at the time of refill, since I was 15 (now 26) and have had a great experience. My periods were always regular, minimal breakthrough bleeding (only occurring when I missed a pill or 2), no cramps, 3-4 day periods with very light bleeding. Since switching to safryl I experience consistent breakthrough bleeding. Three to four days before I expect my period I get nauseous, dizzy/faint, and get HORRIBLE cramps. I'm really looking forward to going back to ocella. This is not similar to ocella and Yasmin as I was told previously."

ChristinaPK November 14, 2016

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I started Beyaz 2 years ago, then stopped it for about a year because I didn't need it (so I thought). I wasn't in any type of serious relationship when I stopped taking it then proceeded to end up in something serious. I decided to get back on it (3-4 months ago) and I truly love this pill. This go round I take it as directed, everyday on the same hour. I've missed one dosage and just doubled up the next day and started back my routine as directed. My periods weren't regular when I first started it, but continuing it and sticking with it and taking it as directed... they became regular. Not so heavy (sometimes have clots but I can handle that). I really recommend this pill. But take it like you're supposed to! Also: no weight gain for me!"

aes2016 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2016

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Acne: "Beyaz saved my skin. Literally. I always had nice skin as a teenager with the occasional, mild breakout. But about 10 months after I turned 21, I broke out in hormonal acne. It legitimately covered my entire face except the sides of my cheeks. I seriously tried everything before my mom finally suggested birth control. I was skeptical because I feared I would gain weight, but desperate for clean skin again I decided to try it. My doctor told me it would probably make my skin worse before it made it better, which it did, but after 3 months I saw good results. Now, at a little over 5 months, my skin is almost as clear as it was before. It takes a little bit of time, but it's so worth it. It also didn't effect my weight. So grateful for Beyaz!"

Anonymous October 30, 2016

Safyral (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I started this pill about a year ago. I was on a couple other birth control pills before. This pill made me gain a bunch of weight, frequent breast pain, and horrible cramps. My emotions are always out of control. I eat healthy and workout at least three days a week and shouldn't be gaining all of this weight. The bloating when on my period has gotten dramatically worse. I would recommend not taking this pill. I am in the process of getting a different pill."

11345 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 27, 2016

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "It took 2-3 months for everything to regulate, but now that I've been on it for almost a year, I love it. My cramps aren't as bad, bleeding is much lighter than it used to be, hormones are 1,000 times more steady, and best of all: only 4 periods per year! Only drawback is that I get random menstrual-like cramps, but they're very light, don't even need to take ibuprofen, it's more of a small annoyance than anything. I haven't gained weight, but my face has broken out some over the past 1-2 months; it didn't for the longest time so I'm not sure whether there's a correlation to the Beyaz or not. I take it at night, because if I take any kind of birth control in the morning I feel extremely dizzy/nauseous all day. Overall an awesome choice!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 6, 2016

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I've been on Beyaz going on 5 years now. Good thing about this birth control is: it does the job! No babies, no bad acne, super light periods here and there.. However, I've been experiencing mood swings lately. I will cry and cry and cry till I can't cry no more! I'm so mean to people now..which is crazy because I'm usually people person-ish most of the time. It makes me super hot at night and makes my chest feel heavier than usual. It's cool for keeping weight down, acne, and no babies. I just think Beyaz has ran its course for my body."

RosyRugar (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 8, 2016

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Acne: "I'm 35, mom of 2. I had acne as a teen, and accutane cleared it up. Then didn't have any issues with acne in my 20's. It progressively worse after I had my second child. Spiro didn't help. I finally decided to get back on BC to see if that would. I started taking beyaz 3 weeks ago. I noticed my skin was less oily the 1st week. 2nd week I noticed there were no new pimples (where there would usually a new one or more daily!), and now in the 3rd week, my skin is glowing. Like, actually, pretty. It's not been this clear in years. I've not had any of the typical side effects so far (no nausea, weight gain, or reduced sex drive). So far I love it! Give this a try if you're struggling with adult acne!"

Bmart (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2016

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I had been using the pill for 8 years. I used the first version of this pill, yaz, then switched to b-yaz when it came out. I went about my life for a few years and then considered switching to Ashlyan which is just one period every 3 months. Well let me tell you having only one period every 3 months is MAGICAL. Unfortunately my acne went full force, 6 months into the new pill my entire face was broken out. I was using the strong topical prescription available & still just getting worse. I was at my lowest when I realized the problem was probably the pill. I spoke with my doc & we decided I could switch back to b-yaz and just get 2 extra packs a year and still get only 1 period every 3 months. 1 month into b-yaz & My face is clear again!"

Lauren889 September 1, 2016

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "My daughter, after using Beyaz for 6 months, developed bruises, swollen lumps, joint pain, and finally she needed to use crutches to walk. We saw many doctors, but none knew what to do. So on our own, we decided she should go off off Beyaz, and the symptoms slowly disappeared. 9 months later, they are gone, thankfully, but it was a nightmare!"

Anne's mom July 29, 2016

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "Beyaz didn't work for me. My GYN put my on this pill because I wasn't ovulating. This pill turned out to be my worst nightmare. The first week, I became very emotional and light menstrual bleeding and cramps. The second week my bleeding became heavier and cramps turned into preassure in my lower abdominal area. The pressure made me so uncomfortable. No medicine helped. Called my GYN office and spoke with her nurse. She suggested doubling up on the meds I was currently taking. That helped some but not much. The third week the bleeding became extreme with large blood clots. Having to wear 2 huge pads at a time was awful. And the pressure turned back into pain. I called my GYN back they advised me to stop the pill immediately."

Anonymously Anon (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2016

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Acne: "From 18 years old until 24 (my current age) I used to have oily skin and all-over breakouts on my face and upper back. I was on Proactiv forever and finally was fed up with the ridiculous cost and little results. I asked my doc to put my on a BC that would address my acne issue and she chose Beyaz. I have never had terrible deep cystic acne, but rather constant red bumps/pimples and under the skin bumps. The first 3 months of taking Beyaz, I noticed less above the skin acne but more deep painful bumps. However, after the 3 month mark, my skin DRASTICALLY improved. It's smooth and clear. I get an occasional breakout here and there but holy smokes. I have no negative outcomes- no weight gain and no crazy hormonal outbursts. TRY THIS!!!!!"

DL Herm July 18, 2016

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "Overall this was a good pill for me. The only reason I stopped taking it was because i wanted to switch to a form of birth control that i didnt have to take everyday. At first for maybe the first two weeks I felt more depressed but after that I felt the same as usual. I did spot through pretty much the whole second month BUT that has happened with every birth control I have been on, so I think it is just my body. There was also a mild increase in acne toward the end of the first pack but it went away and my skin became very clear. This pill was also helpful for excess hair growth that i have in certain areas. It was a helpful pill for my pms symptoms and to regulate my periods."

starwishes20 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2016

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I had been suffering from a mood disorder related to my menstrual cycle, so my doctor gave me samples of Safyral to boost my hormone level. I immediately felt fantastic. I was happy and alert. It was like taking an antidepressant--I didn't realize how bad I'd been feeling until I had something to take it all away. Unfortunately, less than a week into the sample pack, I started getting unusual sharp pains in my left leg and foot. Then, twice in the same day, I felt a shocking pain on the right side of my head/face/neck, so bad I instinctively curled up and held my head. I stopped taking the pill and felt no more pains. One dr. told me it did not sound like blood clots, which I believe; my main dr. thought I was just crazy."

Roku June 24, 2016

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Acne: "I was on Loloestrin Fe for about 4 years before switching to Beyaz. I loved Loloestrin, but randomly started breaking out all over my neck and chin. After trying every topical solution out there I finally decided to switch pills, although I was terrified of gaining weight. I'm now on my second month of Beyaz and it has literally been the best thing to ever happen to me. I broke out pretty bad at first but my acne has DRAMATICALLY improved. I actually lost weight, my libido is up, and no dramatic mood swings. The only thing is is that I've been spotting between my periods but that's expected the first couple months. Also, I'll have random nausea but it quickly goes away. Everyone's different but give Beyaz a try! It may change your life."

Fenz88 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2016

Safyral (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "EXTREME nausea and vomiting after only one day."

EmmelineD (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2016

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "So I will say that Beyaz has served its course. I've been on it for a little over a year and can only offer 2 pros. Pros: it stopped my period, it prevented pregnancy. Cons: the mood swings are terrible, I am always irritated, every little thing bothers me, I am so rude to my husband. Not to mention, I cry at the drop of a dime. Before Beyaz, I could count on one hand the number of times I had cried in the last 5 years. Also, the weight gain. My doctor put me on Beyaz because it was supposed to help me lose weight. Instead, I have gained everywhere & although I constantly work out, I can't lose the weight. I have never had acne, so I can't really speak on that, but I will say that I have had quite a few breakouts while being on Beyaz."

SydNik April 25, 2016

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: "This was my miracle pill! I have PCOS and it caused me cystic nodular acne all over my body and face, i got 4 months worth of samples (thanks Doc) and it was the best thing id ever done for my body! my acne cleared up, i got NO headaches, my breasts grew from a D to a DD (yassss!) and my ovarian cysts went from 8cm to 1.5cm! unfortunately my insurance denied my prior auth on this drug and I'm on Ocella, which they decide to drop also lol, so yea fml. I'm on "Zarah" now (zara is my actual name too lol ) and I'm liking it too, but if this fails I'm going back to Beyaz! its the best pill there is for me with no side effects!"

Zara21 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2016

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I am 19 years old and have been taking Beyaz for 3 months. This is my first time being on birth control. However, I am switching because of the mood swings. I feel like I have crippling depression. I am NOT like this at all - this isn't me. It has gotten worse each month. I cry at every little thing and have had increasing suicidal thoughts. It is absolutely miserable. Other than depression, other negative effects have been weight gain (nearly 10lbs), low sex drive, and my acne has stayed prominent. The only positive aspects are I didn't get pregnant (a few times I missed my time to take the pill up to 7 hours) and my breasts are definitely bigger than normal."

Shaylen (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2016

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I have been on Beyaz birth control for about 5 years now, and I have never really had any serious problems with it! As a birth control, it seems to be working great no babies here! I've never really had any acne, however I used to get random pimples on my thighs which was so strange to me but when I started Beyaz they quickly disappeared. My breasts have grown a substantial amount, but I do not have bad bloating or weight gain in other areas which is awesome. The only downside I have noticed to this medication, is that my mood swings were terrible the first couple weeks. This is normal when you give your body any extra hormones so I was not too worried about it. The mood swings stopped about 4 weeks in."

BeyazUser (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 9, 2016

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Acne: "I started Beyaz in March of 2015 for my acne and now it is February 2016- it has almost been a year. I've had bad acne for about 4 years before starting Beyaz. I was on dermatologist prescribed medication but nothing was working as good as it I would hope. About 2-3 months after starting Beyaz I noticed improvement. It was very slow improvement but now it is it beyond noticeable. About halfway through the year of using Beyaz I started in a new environment which was college I thought this would make me break out. Now, 6 months into college, and I hardly ever have breakouts and I use less and less makeup. For me, Beyaz has changed my face completely. I use to have multiple breakouts before, and now I can't even remember the last pimple I had"

Marie Tiger (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 4, 2016

For : "This medication helped my symptoms of PCOS greatly. It helped my acne and mood symptoms, plus my body retains fluid and thist helped keep the fluid off. If you have PCOS it is worth giving it a shot.The only down side is insurance doesn't want to cover it anymore. I was paying $25 for it but now due to my insurance not covering it the price is $150. I now have to go to a generic so hopefully it works just as well."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 9, 2016

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I have been taking BeYaz for a year now to prevent pregnancy. Because I have been taking it consistently at a scheduled time it has worked wonders! I would recommend this pill to anyone that is sexually active. Only side effects I have noticed are blood clots and emotional sensitivity. 10/10 highly recommend."

Anonymous January 4, 2016

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "BEYAZ is my WORST ENEMY! I took this BC pill for 1 1/2 months. Completed week 1 and the mood swings started. Week 3 I started bleeding light with minor cramps. Week 4 my light bleeding turned into heavy bleeding changing my pad every hour or less. The cramps were no longer minor they were just unbearable that I had to take Norco and Ibuprofen at the same time just to take the edge off. I spoke to my GYN about the symptoms and I was advise to give it another try even after I was in the ER injected with Dilaudid. Started 2nd pack as the bleeding and cramping still continues. Put on Vicodin and Naproxen for pain. I became depressed, angry, isolated, emotionally unattached and extremely tired I quit taking it mid way and now I'm in recovery."

Just Pain No Gain (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2015

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: "So I have been taking this medication as a treatment for PCOS. I started off taking Aygestin to start my menstrual cycle and soon after started taking Beyaz to regulate my cycles. It has been doing the job very well so far. I have actually lost 13 lbs from being on it. I lost the 13 lbs during the first week and still remain the same weight, though it fluctuates and depends on how much I eat or what I eat."

SAF12345 November 22, 2015

Safyral (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "so I am on the sugar pills of my third month on this birth control and I have finally concluded, I am not going crazy, its the pills.The first month was great, I lost about 5-6 pounds, felt wonderful and no babies! the second month was just as good until I got to 2 days before the sugar pills. I began getting terrible cramps (not normal for me) and even worse back aches (normal but not this severe) I was crying uncontrollably over my 'friend' who hadn't texted me that day and went through at least 3 uncontrollable rage spells, and got so exhausted, I couldn't keep my eyes open (I go through insomnia, one bonus about this pill is that I got A LOT of sleep) this month its worse, I can't even speak to my Dr. without wanting to scream."

Hailey Rutkowski October 18, 2015