User Reviews for Drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium

Also known as: Beyaz, Rajani, Safyral

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol/levomefolate calcium.

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
7.8

Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
7.7

Acne
7.6

Birth Control
6.5

Summary of Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol/levomefolate calcium reviews 7.4 194 reviews

Reviews for Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol/levomefolate calcium

Rajani (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Acne: "I have been on Beyaz for the last 5 years. Early this year, my pharmacy mailed a 3 month supply of Rajani instead of Beyaz, and my face was flawless during those three months. After the 3 months were up, my pharmacy started mailing Beyaz again and I have had very small breakouts (as I have during my Beyaz experience). I like beyaz, as my acne is much better than it used to be but I will be requesting my pharmacy to switch me to the generic Rajani as it has been the best BC for acne for me so far."

MP2017 November 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "This drug can create absolutely horrible stomach problems. I went from having no stomach issues to horrible IBS, all due to Beyaz. My sister was on the same birth control while I was on this drug and was also experiencing the same symptoms. I got an IUD and went off Beyaz and my stomach started feeling better. However, it took almost 9 months for my body to fully recover. Horrible side effects for a birth control, would not recommend it to anyone."

Samantha12306 November 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "If you're browsing this wondering whether or not to try it, just give it a chance for 2 months. Everyone is so different, you'll never guess your own reaction browsing others experiences. But if you're curious- here's mine. It was recommended to me for a hormonal imbalance/acne when I was 18. I'm 25 now and still taking it. First month was awful but I'm glad I stuck it out. Now my periods are lighter, cramps are milder, migraines are gone, and I did not experience any major side effects (no weight gain or moodiness!). However my sex drive isn't as high. Not nonexistent just taken down a notch. I still think the benefits have outweighed the cons for me. Also - was switched to Rajani and then back to Beyaz. Didn't notice any difference"

Lisa521 November 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I've been on this birth control for about 2 weeks now, and let me explain I've never been on birth control before. I experienced just about no side effects so far, no unusual weight gain, headaches, or cravings. No bad mood swings and it already helping my acne (the reason I went on it). The downfall: I've been bleeding for the whole 2 weeks I've been on it. I started it the day of my period as instructed, usually I bleed for 4-5 days but I have had my period now for 2 weeks straight. I think it's getting light and about to go away and then I wake up the next morning and back again! If this side effect continues into the next pack I may have to give up beyaz:( I am on the generic by the way."

shannonc13 November 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rajani (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I have been on beyaz for about 4 years and had been very happy with it--it controlled my mild acne which is one of the main reasons for taking this birth control. About 5 months ago, my insurance started to send me rajani instead, and although I was upset about the change initially, I did not have a single pimple during the 3 months I was on it. My insurance somehow started covering beyaz again and started mailing it out to me. I'm starting my second month on it again and I am noticing more occasional pimples (that I remember getting prior to rajani). I'm considering asking my doctor to switching me to rajani for good."

Mapau (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I've been off Beyax almost a year now and have had only 2 cycles. I was on the pill a little over 5 years and went off of the pill due to weight gain, anxiety, and always feeling bad. I haven't had a period since March 2017 which results in me constantly having to take Pregnancy test to make sure I'm not pregnant (which I'm not). I wish I've never started taking it. Please make sure your OBGYN explains all of the side effects before and after the pill"

No period ! (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I took this birth control pill because I was experiencing extreme PMDD symptoms. My doctor put me on this hoping it would help and ease my symptoms by the intake of the hormones. THIS MEDICATION DRAINED MY WHOLE LIFE. It caused anxiety, depression, mood swings, bouts of crying every single day, and spend 3 months of my whole summer break IN BED, LITERALLY. I finally came off of it next week, and I can already feel like myself again. Stay away from this drug, its also a generic for "YAZ", which is absolutely HORRIBLE. Stay away, please."

Susu99 August 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Acne: "In the beginning I was emotional and all over the place & I also broke out . I am now near the three end mark and my skin has improved tremendously. I do have scars and I've never been one to get scars from picking at pimples but I'm not sure if the pills had something to do with it or picking at them did . Other than that , all the side effects have subsided and my skin is the clearest it has been in a loooong long time !!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control: "I took this for only two weeks for menorrhagia and stopped immediately as soon as I realized I was having severe side effects. I had low blood pressure all my life (and I have taken other bcps before with no problem) and this pill spiked my blood pressure, and it never went all the way back down again. It also permanently changed my skin. My face has permanent uneven blotchy dark spots now that get worse whenever I get a tan. It has been over three years since I took this and I no longer take any hormones at all. I miss my nice even skin tone that would tan well so much! I wrote this review to warn others. Read the insert! This bcp has a way higher risk of thrombosis and stroke than other pills! Monitor your blood pressure! Blotchy skin is permanent!"

JustaPerson2 (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rajani (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "My history with birth control 1998 - Ortho Tricylin, this birth control made me extremely emotional. 2003-2014 -Ortho Evra, this worked great until it didn't, the last couple years I started to have terrible estrogen withdrawal headaches during my off week. I tried to take it straight through for about a year and never stopped spotting. 2014-2017- Nuva Ring. After 3 years finally realized it was the medicine making me extra sleepy during the second week. 2017- Been on Rajani for 3 months now, I am no longer having any symptoms (withdrawal headaches or extreme sleepiness) seems to be pretty good so far. I have not noticed any symptoms."

Em1234 August 7, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Birth Control: "I originally started on the original Beyaz on May 27, 2016 at the age of 37 for heavy menstrual periods as well as PMDD. At first it was wonderful. My periods were so light, and next to no cramping! Mood stabilized. Then in the beginning of November I was given the brand new fresh on the market generic. 3 months into it my periods started to get heavier. Fast forward another 2 months and they're pretty much back to being as heavy as they were before I was even put on the pill. Cramping badly, mood completely out of control, skin breaking out more. Also suddenly experiencing brown sometimes mixed with red discharge off and on, which I NEVER had before, even when I first started taking the pill."

Sweetlilmamaof3 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 1, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rajani (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "This medication is absolutely terrible. I was given the generic, Rajani, and for the last three months my face is completely broken out. It hasn't handled my PMDD and I've had breakthrough bleeding. This is medication is the worst and my skin is so bad I'm embarrassed to go out in public."

irritatedinsc (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I started Beyaz about 6 months ago. The first 3 months were great..no acne..no crying...no anger or crazy mood swings. The last 2 or 3 months have been bad though. My face started breaking out, I am very emotional and angry. I don't know if it's because my pharmacy started giving me the generic version or it's the hormones, but everything was great until recently."

KrysiaPaw May 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I have a history of depression/anxiety which I'm currently treating w medication. I also have had symptoms of PMDD in the past. Beyaz is the ONLY birth control I have tried that completely takes away the PMDD, clears my face, hasn't made me gain weight, etc. I love it. When a generic for Beyaz came out (Rajani), I tried it for 3 months and each month two days before starting my period I had terrible PMDD episodes with extreme depression/ anxiety/ cramping/ migraines. I'm going back to Beyaz."

KPayy March 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Safyral (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "There are 4 pills left in the pack and all I can say is I am happy I have finally found the pill that works for me. I've tried a few different birth controls but they all made me bleed for months on end. had the Depo shot in my teens, came off of it I had to go to the hospital. Tried it again at 25 years old: had 1 shot and bled for legit 5 months straight. I requested a low lose pill. Took lo loestrin fe for 1 month and that made me VERY on edge, angry, depressed (I'm usually happy). Told my doctor I was "done trying birth control!", but she persisted I try something else. She identified progesterone was too much for my system and thus came SAFYRAL. I legit have zero side effects. Best decision ever. Going to get my new pack tonite!"

Girl Power (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Safyral (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "This is the ONLY birth control pill that's been effective for me; I tried around 4 other pills before I discovered this one. No breakthrough bleeding (one of the biggest problems I had with the other pills) and it's made my periods so much lighter (I used to bleed through tampons and pads and now my period is way lighter). I haven't gotten pregnant so I guess it's also doing what it's supposed to do, lol. Another bonus: I used to get painful cystic acne on my chin whenever it was my time of the month, and since beginning this pill I haven't had to deal with any acne whatsoever! The only problem I have with it is that I cry a bit more than I used to, but I don't really mind."

Lexieeee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I switched to Beyaz about 4 years ago, after being on OrthoNovum. The first 3 months was tough. I recall having irritability, fatigue, discolored complexion, breakthrough bleeding during sex, etc. After that transition I felt fine. About 2 years ago my period began being lighter and lighter and evenutally went away. I asked my GYN if it was ok and she assured me that Beyaz may eliminate my period. At first I was displeased because I wanted a period to prove that I wasn't pregnant each month. But when my gyno told me she can put me on something else to force a period, I told her no! Now with the new year, I discovered that my new RX plan doesnt cover ANY of the BEYAZ/RAJANI/SAFYRAL contraceptives. I'm DOOMED!! :-("

NeedFolicAcid January 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Rajani (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I love this, really it regulates me, helps my acne for sure, and it makes being a woman a lot less painful. Seriously. But if I Forget to take it, it quickly reminds me with an awful migraine."

Kayyyyy January 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Acne: "Broke my face out horrible.every where my face was covered with acne. I was on it for 4 months and I regret it so much. I would only get a zit every now and then. I stopped the pill my face is better but I have horrible scarring everywhere. My face was so pretty and this pill ruined it."

Ashes21490 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I have been taking beyaz for 3 years. And I love it! I take it religiously! Same time everyday! I have had no problems with it, in fact my periods have became lighter since taking it! Which I love because I hated my period. And my face is so clear! I had bad acne before I started it and I get compliments all the time now about how clear and smooth my face is! And I would recommend this pill to someone who knows they can take it on time everyday, who wants to get rid of their acne, and who doesn't want any kids!"

MayT (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 11, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Safyral (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I switched to safyral two months ago after losing my insurance and needing free samples to carry me until my new job provided me with coverage. I have been on ocella and Yasmin, depending on which was free at the time of refill, since I was 15 (now 26) and have had a great experience. My periods were always regular, minimal breakthrough bleeding (only occurring when I missed a pill or 2), no cramps, 3-4 day periods with very light bleeding. Since switching to safryl I experience consistent breakthrough bleeding. Three to four days before I expect my period I get nauseous, dizzy/faint, and get HORRIBLE cramps. I'm really looking forward to going back to ocella. This is not similar to ocella and Yasmin as I was told previously."

ChristinaPK November 14, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I started Beyaz 2 years ago, then stopped it for about a year because I didn't need it (so I thought). I wasn't in any type of serious relationship when I stopped taking it then proceeded to end up in something serious. I decided to get back on it (3-4 months ago) and I truly love this pill. This go round I take it as directed, everyday on the same hour. I've missed one dosage and just doubled up the next day and started back my routine as directed. My periods weren't regular when I first started it, but continuing it and sticking with it and taking it as directed... they became regular. Not so heavy (sometimes have clots but I can handle that). I really recommend this pill. But take it like you're supposed to! Also: no weight gain for me!"

aes2016 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Acne: "Beyaz saved my skin. Literally. I always had nice skin as a teenager with the occasional, mild breakout. But about 10 months after I turned 21, I broke out in hormonal acne. It legitimately covered my entire face except the sides of my cheeks. I seriously tried everything before my mom finally suggested birth control. I was skeptical because I feared I would gain weight, but desperate for clean skin again I decided to try it. My doctor told me it would probably make my skin worse before it made it better, which it did, but after 3 months I saw good results. Now, at a little over 5 months, my skin is almost as clear as it was before. It takes a little bit of time, but it's so worth it. It also didn't effect my weight. So grateful for Beyaz!"

Anonymous October 30, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Safyral (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I started this pill about a year ago. I was on a couple other birth control pills before. This pill made me gain a bunch of weight, frequent breast pain, and horrible cramps. My emotions are always out of control. I eat healthy and workout at least three days a week and shouldn't be gaining all of this weight. The bloating when on my period has gotten dramatically worse. I would recommend not taking this pill. I am in the process of getting a different pill."

11345 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 27, 2016

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "It took 2-3 months for everything to regulate, but now that I've been on it for almost a year, I love it. My cramps aren't as bad, bleeding is much lighter than it used to be, hormones are 1,000 times more steady, and best of all: only 4 periods per year! Only drawback is that I get random menstrual-like cramps, but they're very light, don't even need to take ibuprofen, it's more of a small annoyance than anything. I haven't gained weight, but my face has broken out some over the past 1-2 months; it didn't for the longest time so I'm not sure whether there's a correlation to the Beyaz or not. I take it at night, because if I take any kind of birth control in the morning I feel extremely dizzy/nauseous all day. Overall an awesome choice!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 6, 2016