User Reviews for Drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium

Also known as: Beyaz, Rajani, Safyral, Tydemy

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol/levomefolate calcium.

Polycystic Ovary Syndrome
7.8

Acne
7.7

Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
7.7

Birth Control
6.5

Summary of Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol/levomefolate calcium reviews 7.4 200 reviews

Reviews for Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol/levomefolate calcium

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Acne: "I was on Beyaz for about 3 years and decided to switch to lo loestrogen fe because it has the lowest hormone dosage out of all birth controls. Biggest mistake of my life! My skin was clear before LLF but 3 months into taking it, I broke out along my jawline, neck and back! To make things worse, I had the worst mood swings and felt like a crazy person 24/7. I thought these were just the side effects from switching pills and it would get better past the 3 month mark but it didn’t. I’m back on beyaz and although it’s only been 2 weeks my skin is getting better and I am back to my normal self - no more crazies! My gyno told me that beyaz is already an extremely low hormone dose BC so it really didn’t make a difference switching to something lower. Ladies- do not switch to anything else, beyaz is the best!"

JL123 February 9, 2018

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "Here to give an update! Last time I posted here was the beginning of November so it's been just about 3 months. Please if you're thinking about trying it go for it. Safe to say I absolutely love beyaz, the spotting problem I had went away after the first pack and is normal. I originally went on beyaz for acne and bad periods. My acne has never been better than it is right now. The first month was hard but by the end of the second pack, I started to see serious changes. I'm now onto my fourth pack and I still get a few breakouts (small, maybe 2-3) when I'm on the sugar pills but I'm hoping even those go away soon. I used to bleed through a tampon and onto my clothes within 2 hours and now my period lasts 3-4 days, no cramps. No noticeable side effects, weight gain, headaches, or mood changes. This pill is truly the best thing that has happened to me! I feel confident in myself again. Thank you, beyaz!"

shannonc13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2018

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I was put on this pill for two months. In the first 3 days I already knew I needed something else. I am normally quite laid back and cheery but have had small issues with anxiety. On Beyaz, My anxiety was constant and I would get into periods of complete emotional detachment or where anything someone said would hurt me. I would have anxiety attacks so bad that I would scratch at my skin and my boyfriend would have to hold me down. Not to mention my sex drive was pretty much gone and when I would have sex there would be intense pain or pressure on my lower abdomen. If you already struggle with anxiety or depression, I recommend staying away from this pill."

Anons February 1, 2018

For Birth Control: "I have been on Beyaz for almost a year and a half now, and going on it was the best decision I have ever made. My cramps used to be so bad I would pass out at school and bleeding was always very heavy, as with my hormonal acne. Though this didn't really help my acne, my periods are almost painless, the blood flow much lighter, and the bleeding only lasts about 5 days. Another BIG plus is you know exactly when your period will arrive, and I've never been a day off! No side effects for me, I am beyond happy with this product."

Anonymous January 31, 2018

For Birth Control: "I originally went on Beyaz when I started college (6 years ago) for hormonal acne and this helped. It's not a miracle worker but it didn't have any bad side effects. I've noticed from time to time I will go through a month where my sex drive is gone but I think that's typical of many other birth controls. I later was switched to Rajani (the generic brand) and have been on it for the past year with a similar experience. I've tried a few brands of birth control and this one seems the most mild to me in terms of changes to your body/emotions."

A.Anonymous December 28, 2017

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I started this birth control when I was 18. It was then called yaz and changed to beyaz. I love it, it shortens my periods to 2 to 3 days and that was back then. I have had 2 kids and after nursing and using a different pill during that time I got back on beyaz... Now it has actually stopped my periods after a couple months of use. I highly recommend trying this pill I have had zero issues with it all positive from this gal! ( I am now 28) so I've used this for a looong time"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) December 26, 2017

Rajani (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Acne: "I have been on Beyaz for the last 5 years. Early this year, my pharmacy mailed a 3 month supply of Rajani instead of Beyaz, and my face was flawless during those three months. After the 3 months were up, my pharmacy started mailing Beyaz again and I have had very small breakouts (as I have during my Beyaz experience). I like beyaz, as my acne is much better than it used to be but I will be requesting my pharmacy to switch me to the generic Rajani as it has been the best BC for acne for me so far."

MP2017 November 28, 2017

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "This drug can create absolutely horrible stomach problems. I went from having no stomach issues to horrible IBS, all due to Beyaz. My sister was on the same birth control while I was on this drug and was also experiencing the same symptoms. I got an IUD and went off Beyaz and my stomach started feeling better. However, it took almost 9 months for my body to fully recover. Horrible side effects for a birth control, would not recommend it to anyone."

Samantha12306 November 28, 2017

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "If you're browsing this wondering whether or not to try it, just give it a chance for 2 months. Everyone is so different, you'll never guess your own reaction browsing others experiences. But if you're curious- here's mine. It was recommended to me for a hormonal imbalance/acne when I was 18. I'm 25 now and still taking it. First month was awful but I'm glad I stuck it out. Now my periods are lighter, cramps are milder, migraines are gone, and I did not experience any major side effects (no weight gain or moodiness!). However my sex drive isn't as high. Not nonexistent just taken down a notch. I still think the benefits have outweighed the cons for me. Also - was switched to Rajani and then back to Beyaz. Didn't notice any difference"

Lisa521 November 24, 2017

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I've been on this birth control for about 2 weeks now, and let me explain I've never been on birth control before. I experienced just about no side effects so far, no unusual weight gain, headaches, or cravings. No bad mood swings and it already helping my acne (the reason I went on it). The downfall: I've been bleeding for the whole 2 weeks I've been on it. I started it the day of my period as instructed, usually I bleed for 4-5 days but I have had my period now for 2 weeks straight. I think it's getting light and about to go away and then I wake up the next morning and back again! If this side effect continues into the next pack I may have to give up beyaz:( I am on the generic by the way."

shannonc13 November 13, 2017

Rajani (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I have been on beyaz for about 4 years and had been very happy with it--it controlled my mild acne which is one of the main reasons for taking this birth control. About 5 months ago, my insurance started to send me rajani instead, and although I was upset about the change initially, I did not have a single pimple during the 3 months I was on it. My insurance somehow started covering beyaz again and started mailing it out to me. I'm starting my second month on it again and I am noticing more occasional pimples (that I remember getting prior to rajani). I'm considering asking my doctor to switching me to rajani for good."

Mapau (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2017

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I've been off Beyax almost a year now and have had only 2 cycles. I was on the pill a little over 5 years and went off of the pill due to weight gain, anxiety, and always feeling bad. I haven't had a period since March 2017 which results in me constantly having to take Pregnancy test to make sure I'm not pregnant (which I'm not). I wish I've never started taking it. Please make sure your OBGYN explains all of the side effects before and after the pill"

No period ! (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 6, 2017

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I took this birth control pill because I was experiencing extreme PMDD symptoms. My doctor put me on this hoping it would help and ease my symptoms by the intake of the hormones. THIS MEDICATION DRAINED MY WHOLE LIFE. It caused anxiety, depression, mood swings, bouts of crying every single day, and spend 3 months of my whole summer break IN BED, LITERALLY. I finally came off of it next week, and I can already feel like myself again. Stay away from this drug, its also a generic for "YAZ", which is absolutely HORRIBLE. Stay away, please."

Susu99 August 24, 2017

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Acne: "In the beginning I was emotional and all over the place & I also broke out . I am now near the three end mark and my skin has improved tremendously. I do have scars and I've never been one to get scars from picking at pimples but I'm not sure if the pills had something to do with it or picking at them did . Other than that , all the side effects have subsided and my skin is the clearest it has been in a loooong long time !!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2017

For Birth Control: "I took this for only two weeks for menorrhagia and stopped immediately as soon as I realized I was having severe side effects. I had low blood pressure all my life (and I have taken other bcps before with no problem) and this pill spiked my blood pressure, and it never went all the way back down again. It also permanently changed my skin. My face has permanent uneven blotchy dark spots now that get worse whenever I get a tan. It has been over three years since I took this and I no longer take any hormones at all. I miss my nice even skin tone that would tan well so much! I wrote this review to warn others. Read the insert! This bcp has a way higher risk of thrombosis and stroke than other pills! Monitor your blood pressure! Blotchy skin is permanent!"

JustaPerson2 (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2017

Rajani (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "My history with birth control 1998 - Ortho Tricylin, this birth control made me extremely emotional. 2003-2014 -Ortho Evra, this worked great until it didn't, the last couple years I started to have terrible estrogen withdrawal headaches during my off week. I tried to take it straight through for about a year and never stopped spotting. 2014-2017- Nuva Ring. After 3 years finally realized it was the medicine making me extra sleepy during the second week. 2017- Been on Rajani for 3 months now, I am no longer having any symptoms (withdrawal headaches or extreme sleepiness) seems to be pretty good so far. I have not noticed any symptoms."

Em1234 August 7, 2017

For Birth Control: "I originally started on the original Beyaz on May 27, 2016 at the age of 37 for heavy menstrual periods as well as PMDD. At first it was wonderful. My periods were so light, and next to no cramping! Mood stabilized. Then in the beginning of November I was given the brand new fresh on the market generic. 3 months into it my periods started to get heavier. Fast forward another 2 months and they're pretty much back to being as heavy as they were before I was even put on the pill. Cramping badly, mood completely out of control, skin breaking out more. Also suddenly experiencing brown sometimes mixed with red discharge off and on, which I NEVER had before, even when I first started taking the pill."

Sweetlilmamaof3 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 1, 2017

Rajani (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "This medication is absolutely terrible. I was given the generic, Rajani, and for the last three months my face is completely broken out. It hasn't handled my PMDD and I've had breakthrough bleeding. This is medication is the worst and my skin is so bad I'm embarrassed to go out in public."

irritatedinsc (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2017

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I started Beyaz about 6 months ago. The first 3 months were great..no acne..no crying...no anger or crazy mood swings. The last 2 or 3 months have been bad though. My face started breaking out, I am very emotional and angry. I don't know if it's because my pharmacy started giving me the generic version or it's the hormones, but everything was great until recently."

KrysiaPaw May 24, 2017

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I have a history of depression/anxiety which I'm currently treating w medication. I also have had symptoms of PMDD in the past. Beyaz is the ONLY birth control I have tried that completely takes away the PMDD, clears my face, hasn't made me gain weight, etc. I love it. When a generic for Beyaz came out (Rajani), I tried it for 3 months and each month two days before starting my period I had terrible PMDD episodes with extreme depression/ anxiety/ cramping/ migraines. I'm going back to Beyaz."

KPayy March 20, 2017

Safyral (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "There are 4 pills left in the pack and all I can say is I am happy I have finally found the pill that works for me. I've tried a few different birth controls but they all made me bleed for months on end. had the Depo shot in my teens, came off of it I had to go to the hospital. Tried it again at 25 years old: had 1 shot and bled for legit 5 months straight. I requested a low lose pill. Took lo loestrin fe for 1 month and that made me VERY on edge, angry, depressed (I'm usually happy). Told my doctor I was "done trying birth control!", but she persisted I try something else. She identified progesterone was too much for my system and thus came SAFYRAL. I legit have zero side effects. Best decision ever. Going to get my new pack tonite!"

Girl Power (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

Safyral (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "This is the ONLY birth control pill that's been effective for me; I tried around 4 other pills before I discovered this one. No breakthrough bleeding (one of the biggest problems I had with the other pills) and it's made my periods so much lighter (I used to bleed through tampons and pads and now my period is way lighter). I haven't gotten pregnant so I guess it's also doing what it's supposed to do, lol. Another bonus: I used to get painful cystic acne on my chin whenever it was my time of the month, and since beginning this pill I haven't had to deal with any acne whatsoever! The only problem I have with it is that I cry a bit more than I used to, but I don't really mind."

Lexieeee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 13, 2017

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I switched to Beyaz about 4 years ago, after being on OrthoNovum. The first 3 months was tough. I recall having irritability, fatigue, discolored complexion, breakthrough bleeding during sex, etc. After that transition I felt fine. About 2 years ago my period began being lighter and lighter and evenutally went away. I asked my GYN if it was ok and she assured me that Beyaz may eliminate my period. At first I was displeased because I wanted a period to prove that I wasn't pregnant each month. But when my gyno told me she can put me on something else to force a period, I told her no! Now with the new year, I discovered that my new RX plan doesnt cover ANY of the BEYAZ/RAJANI/SAFYRAL contraceptives. I'm DOOMED!! :-("

NeedFolicAcid January 10, 2017

Rajani (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I love this, really it regulates me, helps my acne for sure, and it makes being a woman a lot less painful. Seriously. But if I Forget to take it, it quickly reminds me with an awful migraine."

Kayyyyy January 5, 2017

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Acne: "Broke my face out horrible.every where my face was covered with acne. I was on it for 4 months and I regret it so much. I would only get a zit every now and then. I stopped the pill my face is better but I have horrible scarring everywhere. My face was so pretty and this pill ruined it."

Ashes21490 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2016