User Reviews for Drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium

Also known as: Beyaz, Rajani, Safyral

Learn more about Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol/levomefolate calcium.

Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder 11 reviews 44 medications

8.3
Polycystic Ovary Syndrome 4 reviews 97 medications

7.8
Acne 26 reviews 537 medications

7.5
Birth Control 141 reviews 300 medications

6.6
Summary of Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol/levomefolate calcium reviews 182 reviews 7.5

Reviews for Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol/levomefolate calcium

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I started Beyaz about 6 months ago. The first 3 months were great..no acne..no crying...no anger or crazy mood swings. The last 2 or 3 months have been bad though. My face started breaking out, I am very emotional and angry. I don't know if it's because my pharmacy started giving me the generic version or it's the hormones, but everything was great until recently."

KrysiaPaw May 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I have a history of depression/anxiety which I'm currently treating w medication. I also have had symptoms of PMDD in the past. Beyaz is the ONLY birth control I have tried that completely takes away the PMDD, clears my face, hasn't made me gain weight, etc. I love it. When a generic for Beyaz came out (Rajani), I tried it for 3 months and each month two days before starting my period I had terrible PMDD episodes with extreme depression/ anxiety/ cramping/ migraines. I'm going back to Beyaz."

KPayy March 20, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Safyral (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "There are 4 pills left in the pack and all I can say is I am happy I have finally found the pill that works for me. I've tried a few different birth controls but they all made me bleed for months on end. had the Depo shot in my teens, came off of it I had to go to the hospital. Tried it again at 25 years old: had 1 shot and bled for legit 5 months straight. I requested a low lose pill. Took lo loestrin fe for 1 month and that made me VERY on edge, angry, depressed (I'm usually happy). Told my doctor I was "done trying birth control!", but she persisted I try something else. She identified progesterone was too much for my system and thus came SAFYRAL. I legit have zero side effects. Best decision ever. Going to get my new pack tonite!"

Girl Power (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Safyral (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "This is the ONLY birth control pill that's been effective for me; I tried around 4 other pills before I discovered this one. No breakthrough bleeding (one of the biggest problems I had with the other pills) and it's made my periods so much lighter (I used to bleed through tampons and pads and now my period is way lighter). I haven't gotten pregnant so I guess it's also doing what it's supposed to do, lol. Another bonus: I used to get painful cystic acne on my chin whenever it was my time of the month, and since beginning this pill I haven't had to deal with any acne whatsoever! The only problem I have with it is that I cry a bit more than I used to, but I don't really mind."

Lexieeee (taken for 6 months to 1 year) January 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I switched to Beyaz about 4 years ago, after being on OrthoNovum. The first 3 months was tough. I recall having irritability, fatigue, discolored complexion, breakthrough bleeding during sex, etc. After that transition I felt fine. About 2 years ago my period began being lighter and lighter and evenutally went away. I asked my GYN if it was ok and she assured me that Beyaz may eliminate my period. At first I was displeased because I wanted a period to prove that I wasn't pregnant each month. But when my gyno told me she can put me on something else to force a period, I told her no! Now with the new year, I discovered that my new RX plan doesnt cover ANY of the BEYAZ/RAJANI/SAFYRAL contraceptives. I'm DOOMED!! :-("

NeedFolicAcid January 10, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Rajani (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I love this, really it regulates me, helps my acne for sure, and it makes being a woman a lot less painful. Seriously. But if I Forget to take it, it quickly reminds me with an awful migraine."

Kayyyyy January 5, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Acne: "Broke my face out horrible.every where my face was covered with acne. I was on it for 4 months and I regret it so much. I would only get a zit every now and then. I stopped the pill my face is better but I have horrible scarring everywhere. My face was so pretty and this pill ruined it."

Ashes21490 (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 13, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I have been taking beyaz for 3 years. And I love it! I take it religiously! Same time everyday! I have had no problems with it, in fact my periods have became lighter since taking it! Which I love because I hated my period. And my face is so clear! I had bad acne before I started it and I get compliments all the time now about how clear and smooth my face is! And I would recommend this pill to someone who knows they can take it on time everyday, who wants to get rid of their acne, and who doesn't want any kids!"

MayT (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 11, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Safyral (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I switched to safyral two months ago after losing my insurance and needing free samples to carry me until my new job provided me with coverage. I have been on ocella and Yasmin, depending on which was free at the time of refill, since I was 15 (now 26) and have had a great experience. My periods were always regular, minimal breakthrough bleeding (only occurring when I missed a pill or 2), no cramps, 3-4 day periods with very light bleeding. Since switching to safryl I experience consistent breakthrough bleeding. Three to four days before I expect my period I get nauseous, dizzy/faint, and get HORRIBLE cramps. I'm really looking forward to going back to ocella. This is not similar to ocella and Yasmin as I was told previously."

ChristinaPK November 14, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I started Beyaz 2 years ago, then stopped it for about a year because I didn't need it (so I thought). I wasn't in any type of serious relationship when I stopped taking it then proceeded to end up in something serious. I decided to get back on it (3-4 months ago) and I truly love this pill. This go round I take it as directed, everyday on the same hour. I've missed one dosage and just doubled up the next day and started back my routine as directed. My periods weren't regular when I first started it, but continuing it and sticking with it and taking it as directed... they became regular. Not so heavy (sometimes have clots but I can handle that). I really recommend this pill. But take it like you're supposed to! Also: no weight gain for me!"

aes2016 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 10, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Acne: "Beyaz saved my skin. Literally. I always had nice skin as a teenager with the occasional, mild breakout. But about 10 months after I turned 21, I broke out in hormonal acne. It legitimately covered my entire face except the sides of my cheeks. I seriously tried everything before my mom finally suggested birth control. I was skeptical because I feared I would gain weight, but desperate for clean skin again I decided to try it. My doctor told me it would probably make my skin worse before it made it better, which it did, but after 3 months I saw good results. Now, at a little over 5 months, my skin is almost as clear as it was before. It takes a little bit of time, but it's so worth it. It also didn't effect my weight. So grateful for Beyaz!"

Anonymous October 30, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Safyral (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I started this pill about a year ago. I was on a couple other birth control pills before. This pill made me gain a bunch of weight, frequent breast pain, and horrible cramps. My emotions are always out of control. I eat healthy and workout at least three days a week and shouldn't be gaining all of this weight. The bloating when on my period has gotten dramatically worse. I would recommend not taking this pill. I am in the process of getting a different pill."

11345 (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 27, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "It took 2-3 months for everything to regulate, but now that I've been on it for almost a year, I love it. My cramps aren't as bad, bleeding is much lighter than it used to be, hormones are 1,000 times more steady, and best of all: only 4 periods per year! Only drawback is that I get random menstrual-like cramps, but they're very light, don't even need to take ibuprofen, it's more of a small annoyance than anything. I haven't gained weight, but my face has broken out some over the past 1-2 months; it didn't for the longest time so I'm not sure whether there's a correlation to the Beyaz or not. I take it at night, because if I take any kind of birth control in the morning I feel extremely dizzy/nauseous all day. Overall an awesome choice!"

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 6, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I've been on Beyaz going on 5 years now. Good thing about this birth control is: it does the job! No babies, no bad acne, super light periods here and there.. However, I've been experiencing mood swings lately. I will cry and cry and cry till I can't cry no more! I'm so mean to people now..which is crazy because I'm usually people person-ish most of the time. It makes me super hot at night and makes my chest feel heavier than usual. It's cool for keeping weight down, acne, and no babies. I just think Beyaz has ran its course for my body."

RosyRugar (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 8, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Acne: "I'm 35, mom of 2. I had acne as a teen, and accutane cleared it up. Then didn't have any issues with acne in my 20's. It progressively worse after I had my second child. Spiro didn't help. I finally decided to get back on BC to see if that would. I started taking beyaz 3 weeks ago. I noticed my skin was less oily the 1st week. 2nd week I noticed there were no new pimples (where there would usually a new one or more daily!), and now in the 3rd week, my skin is glowing. Like, actually, pretty. It's not been this clear in years. I've not had any of the typical side effects so far (no nausea, weight gain, or reduced sex drive). So far I love it! Give this a try if you're struggling with adult acne!"

Bmart (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I had been using the pill for 8 years. I used the first version of this pill, yaz, then switched to b-yaz when it came out. I went about my life for a few years and then considered switching to Ashlyan which is just one period every 3 months. Well let me tell you having only one period every 3 months is MAGICAL. Unfortunately my acne went full force, 6 months into the new pill my entire face was broken out. I was using the strong topical prescription available & still just getting worse. I was at my lowest when I realized the problem was probably the pill. I spoke with my doc & we decided I could switch back to b-yaz and just get 2 extra packs a year and still get only 1 period every 3 months. 1 month into b-yaz & My face is clear again!"

Lauren889 September 1, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "My daughter, after using Beyaz for 6 months, developed bruises, swollen lumps, joint pain, and finally she needed to use crutches to walk. We saw many doctors, but none knew what to do. So on our own, we decided she should go off off Beyaz, and the symptoms slowly disappeared. 9 months later, they are gone, thankfully, but it was a nightmare!"

Anne's mom July 29, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "Beyaz didn't work for me. My GYN put my on this pill because I wasn't ovulating. This pill turned out to be my worst nightmare. The first week, I became very emotional and light menstrual bleeding and cramps. The second week my bleeding became heavier and cramps turned into preassure in my lower abdominal area. The pressure made me so uncomfortable. No medicine helped. Called my GYN office and spoke with her nurse. She suggested doubling up on the meds I was currently taking. That helped some but not much. The third week the bleeding became extreme with large blood clots. Having to wear 2 huge pads at a time was awful. And the pressure turned back into pain. I called my GYN back they advised me to stop the pill immediately."

Anonymously Anon (taken for less than 1 month) July 28, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Acne: "From 18 years old until 24 (my current age) I used to have oily skin and all-over breakouts on my face and upper back. I was on Proactiv forever and finally was fed up with the ridiculous cost and little results. I asked my doc to put my on a BC that would address my acne issue and she chose Beyaz. I have never had terrible deep cystic acne, but rather constant red bumps/pimples and under the skin bumps. The first 3 months of taking Beyaz, I noticed less above the skin acne but more deep painful bumps. However, after the 3 month mark, my skin DRASTICALLY improved. It's smooth and clear. I get an occasional breakout here and there but holy smokes. I have no negative outcomes- no weight gain and no crazy hormonal outbursts. TRY THIS!!!!!"

DL Herm July 18, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "Overall this was a good pill for me. The only reason I stopped taking it was because i wanted to switch to a form of birth control that i didnt have to take everyday. At first for maybe the first two weeks I felt more depressed but after that I felt the same as usual. I did spot through pretty much the whole second month BUT that has happened with every birth control I have been on, so I think it is just my body. There was also a mild increase in acne toward the end of the first pack but it went away and my skin became very clear. This pill was also helpful for excess hair growth that i have in certain areas. It was a helpful pill for my pms symptoms and to regulate my periods."

starwishes20 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I had been suffering from a mood disorder related to my menstrual cycle, so my doctor gave me samples of Safyral to boost my hormone level. I immediately felt fantastic. I was happy and alert. It was like taking an antidepressant--I didn't realize how bad I'd been feeling until I had something to take it all away. Unfortunately, less than a week into the sample pack, I started getting unusual sharp pains in my left leg and foot. Then, twice in the same day, I felt a shocking pain on the right side of my head/face/neck, so bad I instinctively curled up and held my head. I stopped taking the pill and felt no more pains. One dr. told me it did not sound like blood clots, which I believe; my main dr. thought I was just crazy."

Roku June 24, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Acne: "I was on Loloestrin Fe for about 4 years before switching to Beyaz. I loved Loloestrin, but randomly started breaking out all over my neck and chin. After trying every topical solution out there I finally decided to switch pills, although I was terrified of gaining weight. I'm now on my second month of Beyaz and it has literally been the best thing to ever happen to me. I broke out pretty bad at first but my acne has DRAMATICALLY improved. I actually lost weight, my libido is up, and no dramatic mood swings. The only thing is is that I've been spotting between my periods but that's expected the first couple months. Also, I'll have random nausea but it quickly goes away. Everyone's different but give Beyaz a try! It may change your life."

Fenz88 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Safyral (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "EXTREME nausea and vomiting after only one day."

EmmelineD (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "So I will say that Beyaz has served its course. I've been on it for a little over a year and can only offer 2 pros. Pros: it stopped my period, it prevented pregnancy. Cons: the mood swings are terrible, I am always irritated, every little thing bothers me, I am so rude to my husband. Not to mention, I cry at the drop of a dime. Before Beyaz, I could count on one hand the number of times I had cried in the last 5 years. Also, the weight gain. My doctor put me on Beyaz because it was supposed to help me lose weight. Instead, I have gained everywhere & although I constantly work out, I can't lose the weight. I have never had acne, so I can't really speak on that, but I will say that I have had quite a few breakouts while being on Beyaz."

SydNik April 25, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Polycystic Ovary Syndrome: "This was my miracle pill! I have PCOS and it caused me cystic nodular acne all over my body and face, i got 4 months worth of samples (thanks Doc) and it was the best thing id ever done for my body! my acne cleared up, i got NO headaches, my breasts grew from a D to a DD (yassss!) and my ovarian cysts went from 8cm to 1.5cm! unfortunately my insurance denied my prior auth on this drug and I'm on Ocella, which they decide to drop also lol, so yea fml. I'm on "Zarah" now (zara is my actual name too lol ) and I'm liking it too, but if this fails I'm going back to Beyaz! its the best pill there is for me with no side effects!"

Zara21 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 22, 2016