User Reviews for Drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium systemic

Also known as: Beyaz, Rajani, Safyral, Tydemy

Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder
7.6

Birth Control
6.5

Summary of Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol/levomefolate calcium reviews 6.6 210 reviews

Reviews for Drospirenone/ethinyl estradiol/levomefolate calcium

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I was on Jolessa for a year and bled for almost the entire time. Doctor put me on Beyaz at my insistence. Bleeding finally stopped in the 3rd or 4th week. Have not bled since. I have period symptoms, but no bleeding. My PMDD is so much better on Beyaz. On Jolessa, I had hard little bumps on my right cheek. On Beyaz, those don't break above the skin anymore, so aren't a problem. My only real gripe is the cost ($75 co-pay for the generic 3-pack), and the period symptoms that can last a week or more."

PCOSinOK (taken for 6 months to 1 year) September 18, 2018

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "So far I have been on Beyaz for 4 months and have not had any issues. Acne-wise: I have minimal acne but I do get have hormonal cystic acne which is painful and bothersome. Since being on Beyaz for the past 4 months, I have not had any huge cystic breakouts before or after my period! So far so good! Weight gain: Within the first month of taking Beyaz I didn't have much of an appetite (no changes in diet) and lost maybe about 5-6 lbs in a month but my body must have gotten use to the pill because I gained that all back within the next month (no changes in diet). Thankful I have not had any of the major side effects such as severe cramping or bloating, swelling of ankles, hair loss (my hair is already thin so I can't really say if that had an effect or not). So far so good."

Libby (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2018

Safyral (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I have been on Safyral for years. I'm in my forties. In my 20s I had major cramps, bloating, cyst, heavy periods and severe mood swings . The mood swings included me crying at commercials, yelling and snapping at the smallest thing. I was so not myself the week before during and a few days after my period. I was then diagnosed with PMDD and put on Yaz, it was a life changer. No mood swings or heavy periods. Then my doctor recommended me to move to Safyral after reported issues with blood clots while on Yaz. It was an easy transition and even better, I don't get a period. At all. I would recommend if you don't have mood swings, depression or change in your behavior during or before your period this may not be the pill for you. The good thing about pills is you can always try and if it doesn't work for you stop taking it; not like the shots where you' re stuck for three months. Talk with your Dr. and really list your symptoms and work together to make the right decision on your pill."

JJ (taken for 10 years or more) June 28, 2018

For Birth Control: "I’ve been on Beyaz for 5 years. I’ve always had bright red periods that lasted 3 days. Recently, my periods started being brown the whole time with quarter size clots when I wipe. Trying to figure out if it is the Beyaz. Anyone else ever had this problem?"

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 26, 2018

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Acne: "I went on Beyaz to clear my acne.. and wow did it work!! My face is almost completely clear. I still get one or two pimples every now and then, but nothing like how my acne was before I went on the pill. I’m now on my 4th pack and very happy with the results. But, I did gain some weight on it. Nothing crazy just around 5 pounds but my body is just getting used to the pill and as of right now I love it."

KP April 27, 2018

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "This birth control caused me to have blood clots in both my lungs after taking it for a few years."

Desi (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 26, 2018

Safyral (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "This was the first birth control I was put on and was on it for 3 months. It seemed great to begin with, I had regular periods, didn't gain weight, no nausea, basically no side effects. During this time period my anxiety peaked and after the second random panic attack at the end of my third month, I finally realized it was the birth control and quit it immediately. I literally thought I was losing my mind, but now I realize it was just the hormones driving me crazy. I'm not sure what they put in this drug that could make a perfectly healthy person develop psychoactive illness, but it's just not right. I would never again sacrifice my mental health for contraception and have refused to try any birth control pill since this terrifying experience. I felt like a completely different person."

M (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 21, 2018

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I have been on Beyaz for 5 years, since the age of 23. The 1st few months were rough. I can remember being overly emotional. As an introvert, I could definitely notice the difference but then mellowed out. I had my period for 2-3 days after the first 6 months. After the 1st year I noticed that my period would occasionally skip a month or 2 or would come out brown for 2-3 days after taking the last pill in the pack. My acne was less present, appearing only within the week of my period. Rarely if ever do I feel cramps; Nothing like before the pill. For me, I had initial weight loss but after my body got used to the drug, the weight returned. My migraines are now once a year instead of monthly. I've experienced no change in my sexual drive--still high. In the first year I would always use a condom or Plan B just incase. After STD testing and a monogamous relationship did I stop using extra protection. I can happily say that the birth control has worked thus far."

SJMore April 16, 2018

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I've been using this birth control for 7 years. I love it! At first I definitely saw a change with myself. Positive and negative. My period became shorter and my skin cleared up so quick! I have not had a pimple on my skin since starting this. The only negative I can think of is a little bit of weight gain and an emotional side effect. I definitely felt a little more sensitive and anxious after taking it but nothing crazy enough to go off the pill. Definitely recommend for people who are you struggling with acne or bad breakouts."

Katie March 20, 2018

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I’ve been off and on Beyaz for about a year. I was excited to have a regular period and also the birth control factor. I stopped taking it the first time around (after 7 months) because I felt like I was going crazy. I was emotional all the time, and it affected my relationships and my eating habits. I restarted it a couple months ago, and I have to stop taking it again. I get really bad headaches, I have brain fog, and I feel like I’m pregnant because I crave different foods all the time. I don’t want to work out, I don’t have any energy, and my emotions are all over the place - terrible anxiety. I’m not going to say “don’t take this” because every woman is different, and some won’t experience any of these symptoms. But if you are experiencing these symptoms, I suggest talking to your doctor or simply acknowledging how you feel on it. I’m stopping today, and I’ll never go back."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) February 23, 2018

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Acne: "I was on Beyaz for about 3 years and decided to switch to lo loestrogen fe because it has the lowest hormone dosage out of all birth controls. Biggest mistake of my life! My skin was clear before LLF but 3 months into taking it, I broke out along my jawline, neck and back! To make things worse, I had the worst mood swings and felt like a crazy person 24/7. I thought these were just the side effects from switching pills and it would get better past the 3 month mark but it didn’t. I’m back on beyaz and although it’s only been 2 weeks my skin is getting better and I am back to my normal self - no more crazies! My gyno told me that beyaz is already an extremely low hormone dose BC so it really didn’t make a difference switching to something lower. Ladies- do not switch to anything else, beyaz is the best!"

JL123 February 9, 2018

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "Here to give an update! Last time I posted here was the beginning of November so it's been just about 3 months. Please if you're thinking about trying it go for it. Safe to say I absolutely love beyaz, the spotting problem I had went away after the first pack and is normal. I originally went on beyaz for acne and bad periods. My acne has never been better than it is right now. The first month was hard but by the end of the second pack, I started to see serious changes. I'm now onto my fourth pack and I still get a few breakouts (small, maybe 2-3) when I'm on the sugar pills but I'm hoping even those go away soon. I used to bleed through a tampon and onto my clothes within 2 hours and now my period lasts 3-4 days, no cramps. No noticeable side effects, weight gain, headaches, or mood changes. This pill is truly the best thing that has happened to me! I feel confident in myself again. Thank you, beyaz!"

shannonc13 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2018

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I was put on this pill for two months. In the first 3 days I already knew I needed something else. I am normally quite laid back and cheery but have had small issues with anxiety. On Beyaz, My anxiety was constant and I would get into periods of complete emotional detachment or where anything someone said would hurt me. I would have anxiety attacks so bad that I would scratch at my skin and my boyfriend would have to hold me down. Not to mention my sex drive was pretty much gone and when I would have sex there would be intense pain or pressure on my lower abdomen. If you already struggle with anxiety or depression, I recommend staying away from this pill."

Anons February 1, 2018

For Birth Control: "I have been on Beyaz for almost a year and a half now, and going on it was the best decision I have ever made. My cramps used to be so bad I would pass out at school and bleeding was always very heavy, as with my hormonal acne. Though this didn't really help my acne, my periods are almost painless, the blood flow much lighter, and the bleeding only lasts about 5 days. Another BIG plus is you know exactly when your period will arrive, and I've never been a day off! No side effects for me, I am beyond happy with this product."

Anonymous January 31, 2018

For Birth Control: "I originally went on Beyaz when I started college (6 years ago) for hormonal acne and this helped. It's not a miracle worker but it didn't have any bad side effects. I've noticed from time to time I will go through a month where my sex drive is gone but I think that's typical of many other birth controls. I later was switched to Rajani (the generic brand) and have been on it for the past year with a similar experience. I've tried a few brands of birth control and this one seems the most mild to me in terms of changes to your body/emotions."

A.Anonymous December 28, 2017

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I started this birth control when I was 18. It was then called yaz and changed to beyaz. I love it, it shortens my periods to 2 to 3 days and that was back then. I have had 2 kids and after nursing and using a different pill during that time I got back on beyaz... Now it has actually stopped my periods after a couple months of use. I highly recommend trying this pill I have had zero issues with it all positive from this gal! ( I am now 28) so I've used this for a looong time"

Anonymous (taken for 10 years or more) December 26, 2017

Rajani (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Acne: "I have been on Beyaz for the last 5 years. Early this year, my pharmacy mailed a 3 month supply of Rajani instead of Beyaz, and my face was flawless during those three months. After the 3 months were up, my pharmacy started mailing Beyaz again and I have had very small breakouts (as I have during my Beyaz experience). I like beyaz, as my acne is much better than it used to be but I will be requesting my pharmacy to switch me to the generic Rajani as it has been the best BC for acne for me so far."

MP2017 November 28, 2017

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "This drug can create absolutely horrible stomach problems. I went from having no stomach issues to horrible IBS, all due to Beyaz. My sister was on the same birth control while I was on this drug and was also experiencing the same symptoms. I got an IUD and went off Beyaz and my stomach started feeling better. However, it took almost 9 months for my body to fully recover. Horrible side effects for a birth control, would not recommend it to anyone."

Samantha12306 November 28, 2017

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "If you're browsing this wondering whether or not to try it, just give it a chance for 2 months. Everyone is so different, you'll never guess your own reaction browsing others experiences. But if you're curious- here's mine. It was recommended to me for a hormonal imbalance/acne when I was 18. I'm 25 now and still taking it. First month was awful but I'm glad I stuck it out. Now my periods are lighter, cramps are milder, migraines are gone, and I did not experience any major side effects (no weight gain or moodiness!). However my sex drive isn't as high. Not nonexistent just taken down a notch. I still think the benefits have outweighed the cons for me. Also - was switched to Rajani and then back to Beyaz. Didn't notice any difference"

Lisa521 November 24, 2017

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I've been on this birth control for about 2 weeks now, and let me explain I've never been on birth control before. I experienced just about no side effects so far, no unusual weight gain, headaches, or cravings. No bad mood swings and it already helping my acne (the reason I went on it). The downfall: I've been bleeding for the whole 2 weeks I've been on it. I started it the day of my period as instructed, usually I bleed for 4-5 days but I have had my period now for 2 weeks straight. I think it's getting light and about to go away and then I wake up the next morning and back again! If this side effect continues into the next pack I may have to give up beyaz:( I am on the generic by the way."

shannonc13 November 13, 2017

Rajani (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I have been on beyaz for about 4 years and had been very happy with it--it controlled my mild acne which is one of the main reasons for taking this birth control. About 5 months ago, my insurance started to send me rajani instead, and although I was upset about the change initially, I did not have a single pimple during the 3 months I was on it. My insurance somehow started covering beyaz again and started mailing it out to me. I'm starting my second month on it again and I am noticing more occasional pimples (that I remember getting prior to rajani). I'm considering asking my doctor to switching me to rajani for good."

Mapau (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2017

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Birth Control: "I've been off Beyax almost a year now and have had only 2 cycles. I was on the pill a little over 5 years and went off of the pill due to weight gain, anxiety, and always feeling bad. I haven't had a period since March 2017 which results in me constantly having to take Pregnancy test to make sure I'm not pregnant (which I'm not). I wish I've never started taking it. Please make sure your OBGYN explains all of the side effects before and after the pill"

No period ! (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 6, 2017

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Premenstrual Dysphoric Disorder: "I took this birth control pill because I was experiencing extreme PMDD symptoms. My doctor put me on this hoping it would help and ease my symptoms by the intake of the hormones. THIS MEDICATION DRAINED MY WHOLE LIFE. It caused anxiety, depression, mood swings, bouts of crying every single day, and spend 3 months of my whole summer break IN BED, LITERALLY. I finally came off of it next week, and I can already feel like myself again. Stay away from this drug, its also a generic for "YAZ", which is absolutely HORRIBLE. Stay away, please."

Susu99 August 24, 2017

Beyaz (drospirenone / ethinyl estradiol / levomefolate calcium) for Acne: "In the beginning I was emotional and all over the place & I also broke out . I am now near the three end mark and my skin has improved tremendously. I do have scars and I've never been one to get scars from picking at pimples but I'm not sure if the pills had something to do with it or picking at them did . Other than that , all the side effects have subsided and my skin is the clearest it has been in a loooong long time !!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 15, 2017

For Birth Control: "I took this for only two weeks for menorrhagia and stopped immediately as soon as I realized I was having severe side effects. I had low blood pressure all my life (and I have taken other bcps before with no problem) and this pill spiked my blood pressure, and it never went all the way back down again. It also permanently changed my skin. My face has permanent uneven blotchy dark spots now that get worse whenever I get a tan. It has been over three years since I took this and I no longer take any hormones at all. I miss my nice even skin tone that would tan well so much! I wrote this review to warn others. Read the insert! This bcp has a way higher risk of thrombosis and stroke than other pills! Monitor your blood pressure! Blotchy skin is permanent!"

JustaPerson2 (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2017