User Reviews for Budesonide

Also known as: Entocort EC, Pulmicort Flexhaler, Pulmicort Nebuamp, Pulmicort Respules, Pulmicort Turbuhaler, Uceris

Inflammatory Bowel Disease

Eosinophilic Esophagitis
6.3

Summary of Budesonide reviews 7.4 68 reviews

Reviews for Budesonide

For Not Listed / Other: "Made me feel much better..I am being treated for Sarcoidosis, grandulomas in the lymph nodes, After just 24hrs of starting with 3 capsules every morning...Before I had nausea, feeling full after very small amount of food, discomfort in abdomen after even a drink of water!! Lost 30lbs in 4months!!!"

Marion (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2018

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease: "Entocort did nothing for me. No side effects, but no help at all. Really the most pointless pill I have ever taken."

Bun (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 30, 2018

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: "I have been on it for 8 years. Have tried to wean off but always start to have Crohn’s symptoms again. I still have flares periodically on the medication but they are minimal. Happy it works for me."

Kimmer (taken for 5 to 10 years) May 15, 2018

For Autoimmune Hepatitis: "Changed to Budesonide from prenisolone as I couldn't tolerate the side effect of the pred. I've been taking 3 mg of budesnonide for autoimmune hepatitis, for the past 5 weeks. I'm feeling very tired to the point of exhaustion, nauseous, bruising easily, moon face and various other mild aches and pains and feeling very low spirited. Some days worse than others. Hoping to come of this drug soon, but worried about feeling worse through the reduction phase."

Jaggie18 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 6, 2018

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: "I am now on this drug for the second time for Microscopic colitis . The last time was in 2014. The drug, in itself, works great for me BUT it is the drug company I have the issue with. They publicize that with their drug savings card plus your insurance, you only have to pay $25. THAT IS UNTRUE!! When you get to the fine print, you find that the company, in the goodness of their heart, will pay the first $800 ONCE per year for a drug costing $917.48 for 30 tablets. So, for the first script, it is a cost of $117.48 - hope don't need a second month cause then it would be $917.48. So please know this ahead of time!!!!"

clm3 (taken for less than 1 month) February 17, 2018

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: "I’ve battled this illness off and on for 16 yrs and have pretty much tried it all. I’m usually in full remission when I’m just on remicade and lialda (unsure how effective this really is), but I recently was forced to postpone my scheduled bi monthly remicade and promptly fell ill. I was able to get the remicade at about week 11, but by then was in a full blown flare so it didn’t throw me back into full remission as I was still bleeding, had rectal pain, and frequent trips to the bathroom. I was prescribed this foam and within 2 days noticed a substantial improvement without all the side effects of oral steroids like prednisone (horrible drug). Highly recommend this is your pain and inflammation is in your rectum / sigmoid. You can ask for lidocaine lubricant too to apply on the applicator for peace of mind."

Chillin24g (taken for less than 1 month) February 2, 2018

For Ulcerative Colitis: "Was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis approx 4 mo ago; tried lialda and apriso as sample; lialda tore my stomach up and apriso worked better but not that well after a short time; I then filled my prescription at one pharmacy thru my Medicare d plan; tier 4 drug; I was astounded at price $773 for a 30 day supply; I found out after the fact I could have gotten some where else for $258, wow 1/3 the cost. Drug has worked; I also order thru Canadian pharmacies for 3 mo supply; nice price difference; unfortunately medicine has stopped working for me and I have been in hospital; still very diarrhea; am looking for better days. Hope this helps"

Mel p September 19, 2017

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease: "Budesonide helped well with my flare, but on the 3rd day I developed breathing issues, The 4th day is terrible and I am going to stop taking it because I have COPD and heart issues. Unfortunately I have similar problems with prednisone. I've had Crohn's Disease for 50 years."

phillycarole (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2017

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: "Uceris has been the best medicine I have tried for my collagenous colitis. Everything else did not work or had too many side effects. To me this is a miracle medicine. They say to take one 9mg per day, but believe it or not that actually made me constipated. For me nothing took away the D, even when I took seven Imodium a day. So I started taking Uceris on a as needed basis. It worked out to take one or two a week. So for me I rated a 10 with no side effects ."

Geoege92065 (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 25, 2017

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: "I suffered from massive diarrhea and horrible incontinence that kept me hiding at home, deeply depressed and wearing a diaper. Budesonide changed my life! I travel now and go everywhere with confidence. The bad news is that the American pharma industry has jacked up the cost of GENERIC Budesonide to over $1,000 a month ( without insurance.) Even WITH my United Healthcare insurance, the cost is STILL $300 a month! Luckily, I found a Canadian website which sells drugs from Europe and India, so now my cost for 30 days of Budesonide is $125. Check Consumer Reports for guidelines about how to safely purchase meds from Canada. Meanwhile, tell your Congress person that the U.S. Pharma industry is BLEEDING us!"

Colitis Queen (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 12, 2017

For Ulcerative Colitis: "Had horrible side effects from Lialda and sulfasalazine, and no response from enemas incl cortifoam. On day 4 of bud and see no relief from urgency, blood or mucous. I was told to take one 3 mg/ day even tho Uceris script for 9mg. Will check with MD when they open. Uceris after insurance was $1,000. Generic was $250--which I thought was better, but not if I have to take 3 pills /day instead of one!! How does anyone find this affordable?"

Mom 2 boys (taken for less than 1 month) June 26, 2017

For Ulcerative Colitis: "With my insurance from AARP, I used to pay $352 for the 3mg using three per day for one month. Today at Walmart, they charged me $767.76!!!!! I have been taking Prednisone for the last six months, but do not feel comfortable taking this steroid for long-term since my condition is from celiac, causing my colitis. The pharmacist informed me that this, along with many other pharmaceuticals have doubled their pricing. This is absolutely unaffordable for people with my problems. Isn't there any type of coupons or discounts that I can get? Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you."

Jenmneill June 2, 2017

For Autoimmune Hepatitis: "Just started meds"

Cynthia57 May 2, 2017

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: "I have UC for 12 years, I was in remission for a few years and then all of a sudden I had a flare up, I have been one this medication for almost 2 months. When I first started on it, it helped for like a week or so. I had swelling in my face and joints and sore muscles and headaches. My doctor told me to stick with it so my body could adjust properly and it helped but didnt stop my issues. For the last week I have been going to the bathroom 10 times a day. Me and my doctor are now trying to figure out the next step."

12 years and counting.... (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2017

For Ulcerative Colitis: "GI doctors diagnosed me with IBS-D . None of the medications prescribed produced a solution. I was hit by repeated attacks of incontinence (diarrhea). My present GI doctor diagnosed me with microscopic colitis, for which he prescribed budesonide. It worked I have been using it successfully for about a year and a half. It is an off-label drug. not yet OK'd by the FDA for colitis. It has been ok'd for use for asthma for about 10 years but has not been ok'd for microscopic colitis. Therefore, I pay just under $400.00 a month for a medication that is generic placed on "Tier 4" in Medicare D. In 2016 I was billed just under $200.00 for the same quantity .No other drugs are effective. This one is too expensive"

nalla1406 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 9, 2017

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: "I am now on my second bottle of Uceris. It took about 2 weeks before it became effective for my microscopic colitis; in other words, when my diarrhea stopped completely. After becoming effective, I experienced 2 side effects; first, swelling of both ankles that lasted a few days, less than a week. After that, I had no ankle problem at all, except for a feeling of pins and needles on both feet, which I don't find problematic. Second, an increase in appetite, which I needed, as I had lost 11 lb. as a result of diarrhea. The appetite increase lasted about 10 days. Uceris has given me a chance at feeling well, and able to live my life."

Angostura (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2017

For Ulcerative Colitis: "Budesonidice has been a life saver for me. The GI doc put me on this after a colon biopsy. Two months at 9 mg per day. I went off but the symptoms returned after about two weeks and escalated . He put me back on with 2 per day for a month. Then I have taken one daily for maintenance. Recently my pharmacy stopped selling the red and grey capsules and changed to the teva peach and orange and my colitis came back with a vengeance. Im back on 9mg day again. I have some of each generic. The Teva product is NOT the same strength or quality as the other red and grey. I have since tried each for a period and sympt. Symptoms consistently return w/I 2 days with Teva product."

SharriBill November 28, 2016

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: "Lessened my trips to the bathroom but increased stomach pain. Palpitations and increased acne also. Stopped after 2 weeks on it."

dee127 (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2016

For Eosinophilic Esophagitis: "Been taking this for 2 weeks and have noticed some slight improvement via my esophagus not narrowing-down while eating most foods. However, this drug has mitigated the freedom from depression/OCD/anxiety that I take other meditations for (sertraline, fluvoxamine, ativan), and I have felt a great increase in those symptoms since a few days in with this drug... so I'm getting off this and hope to find something better!"

just a reviewer (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2016

For Crohn's Disease: "I was diagnosed with Crohns disease. I have been taking this drug for about a month and feel like a new person. No flares. No diarrhea. No stomach pain. My doctor said this can be used a daily drug because of the reduction of use until it reaches the liver, and unlike other steriods, the side effects are minimal to none. I would recommend this to anyone suffering from mild to moderate Crohns."

Rebecca W. October 12, 2016

For Crohn's Disease: "After taking it for a week, I have diarrhoe and cramps, I take one in the morning before breakfast, one before lunch and one before dinner. I better take prednisone. Wondering how many days it takes effect for before that I had three week flare now 8 days it flares and it is expensive too."

Loan Nguyen July 31, 2016

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: "Had bleeding, diarrhea, frequent trips to the bathroom...Started to notice a difference within a day and a half of taking this. Not as many bathroom trips...actually starting to feel normal again."

NikaBoo (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2016

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: "My physician prescribed budesonide originally for my Ulcerative Colitis, but I felt the out of pocket price for this RX was out of the ball park, so after contacting my physician again they gave me a RX for Uceris, and sent me information to assist in the cost, but after my insurance coverage and the $600, that the "coupon" that was sent to me, the total still came to over $200.00 for 30 days.. I have a copay of only $20.00, but since some entity seems to have the cost of this RX I have not been able to afford it and see what help it is--"

kkrc in ND May 16, 2016

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: "Only took 2 days' worth of budesonIde due to onset of excruciating headache, nausea, vomiting."

Jwillia March 3, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis: "I was diagnosed with this Microscopic Colitis three years ago and the only medication that has helped me is Budesonide. Well, I was on it for three months and I finally felt like myself again. Then my doctor informed me that I should stop which I did. After a couple of weeks I had the same symptoms again. Because it is a steroid it should not be used for any length of time I was told. So like most everyone else I had tried Apriso, Lialda with no relief at all. I am now starting again with Budesonide for another course of treatment. For me I put on weight and got lots of nasty black hairs around my chin which I didn't like. That is one of the reason why I don't look forward to taking this again. However I will use this again for a rest."

vgemini (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2016