User Reviews for Budesonide

Also known as: Entocort EC, Pulmicort Flexhaler, Pulmicort Nebuamp, Pulmicort Respules, Pulmicort Turbuhaler, Uceris

Learn more about Budesonide.

Autoimmune Hepatitis 3 reviews 3 medications

Ulcerative Colitis, Active 4 reviews 71 medications

6.2
Summary of Budesonide reviews 56 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Budesonide

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: "I have UC for 12 years, I was in remission for a few years and then all of a sudden I had a flare up, I have been one this medication for almost 2 months. When I first started on it, it helped for like a week or so. I had swelling in my face and joints and sore muscles and headaches. My doctor told me to stick with it so my body could adjust properly and it helped but didnt stop my issues. For the last week I have been going to the bathroom 10 times a day. Me and my doctor are now trying to figure out the next step."

12 years and counting.... (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Ulcerative Colitis: "GI doctors diagnosed me with IBS-D . None of the medications prescribed produced a solution. I was hit by repeated attacks of incontinence (diarrhea). My present GI doctor diagnosed me with microscopic colitis, for which he prescribed budesonide. It worked I have been using it successfully for about a year and a half. It is an off-label drug. not yet OK'd by the FDA for colitis. It has been ok'd for use for asthma for about 10 years but has not been ok'd for microscopic colitis. Therefore, I pay just under $400.00 a month for a medication that is generic placed on "Tier 4" in Medicare D. In 2016 I was billed just under $200.00 for the same quantity .No other drugs are effective. This one is too expensive"

nalla1406 (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 9, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: "I am now on my second bottle of Uceris. It took about 2 weeks before it became effective for my microscopic colitis; in other words, when my diarrhea stopped completely. After becoming effective, I experienced 2 side effects; first, swelling of both ankles that lasted a few days, less than a week. After that, I had no ankle problem at all, except for a feeling of pins and needles on both feet, which I don't find problematic. Second, an increase in appetite, which I needed, as I had lost 11 lb. as a result of diarrhea. The appetite increase lasted about 10 days. Uceris has given me a chance at feeling well, and able to live my life."

Angostura (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 26, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Ulcerative Colitis: "Budesonidice has been a life saver for me. The GI doc put me on this after a colon biopsy. Two months at 9 mg per day. I went off but the symptoms returned after about two weeks and escalated . He put me back on with 2 per day for a month. Then I have taken one daily for maintenance. Recently my pharmacy stopped selling the red and grey capsules and changed to the teva peach and orange and my colitis came back with a vengeance. Im back on 9mg day again. I have some of each generic. The Teva product is NOT the same strength or quality as the other red and grey. I have since tried each for a period and sympt. Symptoms consistently return w/I 2 days with Teva product."

SharriBill November 28, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: "Lessened my trips to the bathroom but increased stomach pain. Palpitations and increased acne also. Stopped after 2 weeks on it."

dee127 (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Eosinophilic Esophagitis: "Been taking this for 2 weeks and have noticed some slight improvement via my esophagus not narrowing-down while eating most foods. However, this drug has mitigated the freedom from depression/OCD/anxiety that I take other meditations for (sertraline, fluvoxamine, ativan), and I have felt a great increase in those symptoms since a few days in with this drug... so I'm getting off this and hope to find something better!"

just a reviewer (taken for less than 1 month) November 11, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Crohn's Disease: "I was diagnosed with Crohns disease. I have been taking this drug for about a month and feel like a new person. No flares. No diarrhea. No stomach pain. My doctor said this can be used a daily drug because of the reduction of use until it reaches the liver, and unlike other steriods, the side effects are minimal to none. I would recommend this to anyone suffering from mild to moderate Crohns."

Rebecca W. October 12, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Crohn's Disease: "After taking it for a week, I have diarrhoe and cramps, I take one in the morning before breakfast, one before lunch and one before dinner. I better take prednisone. Wondering how many days it takes effect for before that I had three week flare now 8 days it flares and it is expensive too."

Loan Nguyen July 31, 2016

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: "Had bleeding, diarrhea, frequent trips to the bathroom...Started to notice a difference within a day and a half of taking this. Not as many bathroom trips...actually starting to feel normal again."

NikaBoo (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: "My physician prescribed budesonide originally for my Ulcerative Colitis, but I felt the out of pocket price for this RX was out of the ball park, so after contacting my physician again they gave me a RX for Uceris, and sent me information to assist in the cost, but after my insurance coverage and the $600, that the "coupon" that was sent to me, the total still came to over $200.00 for 30 days.. I have a copay of only $20.00, but since some entity seems to have the cost of this RX I have not been able to afford it and see what help it is--"

kkrc in ND May 16, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: "Only took 2 days' worth of budesonIde due to onset of excruciating headache, nausea, vomiting."

Jwillia March 3, 2016

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Ulcerative Colitis: "I was diagnosed with this Microscopic Colitis three years ago and the only medication that has helped me is Budesonide. Well, I was on it for three months and I finally felt like myself again. Then my doctor informed me that I should stop which I did. After a couple of weeks I had the same symptoms again. Because it is a steroid it should not be used for any length of time I was told. So like most everyone else I had tried Apriso, Lialda with no relief at all. I am now starting again with Budesonide for another course of treatment. For me I put on weight and got lots of nasty black hairs around my chin which I didn't like. That is one of the reason why I don't look forward to taking this again. However I will use this again for a rest."

vgemini (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Pulmicort Flexhaler (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I can tell a marked difference when I am without this, in between prescriptions. This takes the usage of my rescue inhaler down significantly. No negative side effects for me. Expensive, but worth it as peace of mind for someone whose asthma is a daily nuisance."

Mallllll January 25, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Autoimmune Hepatitis: "I was on Prednisone, 60 mg. for about 6 months after being diagnosed with AIH. During that time I had many severe side effects but my liver enzyme numbers were coming down. My physician switched me to 9 mg. Budesonide because of the side effects. I had no more side effects and my liver enzymes continued to go down. Now, I am off all steroids and my liver enzymes are in the low normal range using only Azathioprine. I had one flare two years ago after surgery and a few months of Budesonide brought me right back where I needed to be. I agree that the cost is outrageous."

Nummy (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 21, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: "Been on it for 7 years. Works well for me, but I should find a better long term solution. Almost no flare ups. Minimal side effects since it's only a locally absorbed steroid."

REALLIFEPHARMACIST October 22, 2015

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Asthma, Maintenance: "It works well but flovent works better for me. The aerosol gets in lungs better than powder . If u use it, can cause thrush. Rinse often and use mouthwash afterwards to remove powder from mouth."

LouAnnP (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 31, 2015

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Inflammatory Bowel Disease: "Did not work. Severe psychological and physical side effects requiring hospitalization."

Dreaminventor (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2015

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Pulmicort Flexhaler (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I guess a bronchodilator was needed. This did nothing for me. Always needed my ProAir."

Lmhinton June 16, 2015

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: "Budesonide has been a blessing in my case and other than being extremely expensive, I am pleased. I have now been on it for 2 months due to collagenous colitis and have had a bonus experience other than controlling my diarrhea, I also suffer from extreme arthritis pain. Within days both the Diarrhea and the Pain were 95% gone. I am extremely concerned about being weaned off budesonide at 12 weeks which is the prescribed course. Also curious as to others that have possibly been on it longer and also whether anyone else has experienced the bonus pain relief. I feel like I actually have my Life back right now due to this stuff."

Anonymous June 16, 2015

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Pulmicort Flexhaler (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have recently reviewed the side effects associated with this medication and have found I have experienced quite a few of them. To my dismay, and my overall naiveness, these have contributed to some of the most uncomfortable and embarrassing situations. First and foremost, I had to have cataracts removed from both eyes just two years ago. Then there are the two bouts of pneumonia, the most recent was double pneumonia. Weight gain nearly impossible to control, swelling of feet and lower legs is becoming far too frequent these days, numbness in the extremities, rashes have been getting even worse than they have been in a while, suffered through shingles, eczema, and other strange and sundry skin maladies. I've been on it too long, obviously."

DC in AZ June 14, 2015

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: "I have faithfully taken 4 Lialda 1.2mg everyday for 8 years. I tried all medicines such Asacol, 6-mp, etc. and had to discontinue due to side effects. I also use the Rowasa enemas/suppositories temporarily and when stopped, the rectal bleeding starts again and worsen everyday. I have never been in remission with Lialda. I started the Uceris on 12/04/14 and I felt better than I had ever felt since the diagnosis in 2003. Two weeks into Uceris, legs and ankles swelling. Continued Uceris and praying swelling was temporary, Then had shortness of breath and fluid buildup in my chest. The swelling was unbearable. I stopped the Uceris; swelling subsided in 5 days. I do not want Remicade or Humira due to side effects. Why Lialda; no remission for 8 yrs."

Hopefully girl (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2014

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: "Have had collagenous colitis for a couple of years. I was in agony a week ago with a flare up but this saved me. I'm supposed to be on it for Six weeks - then off. Scared about that. This is NOT a cure- it's a bandaid - am on a special diet now and crossing my fingers."

Daltz (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2014

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: "I have fought UC for three years. Taken several meds. Most work for two or three months, then I experience a flair. Uceris has placed me in remission for 6 months! Expensive? Yes, outrageous. When you have fought the battle I've been thru, expense is not the issue. What price being normal?"

Ole John (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 22, 2014

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Pulmicort Turbuhaler (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Pulmicort works beautifully, really stops the cough. I took it for 3 months. then I lost my sense of taste and by the end of the 4th month I developed the most awful taste in my mouth so I stopped it. The horrible taste gradually disappeared after one year and my sense of taste has "almost" come back. It has now been 17 months since I stopped the medicine. my coughing is not gone when I exhale, but very much improved and no attacks. It's the only medicine that works for me during attacks. I think once I improved I should have cut the dose way down."

Dolambra (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2014

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: "Been using Balsalazide 3x3 for 9 years or so with occasional flareups I could resolve with slight overdosing. Could not resolve present flare up. After a month of 4 bowel motions a day, blood, diarrhea, doc started me on Uceris. Next day change to 1 bowel motion, no blood, slight diarrhea. Now 1 wk later, pretty normal 1 bowel motion per day, with occasional nausea in abdomen. I think pretty good for a week. But the price is outrageous, and even my copay is $75 mo. Doc insists on giving it to me for 3 mos."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2014