User Reviews for Budesonide

Also known as: Entocort EC, Pulmicort Flexhaler, Pulmicort Nebuamp, Pulmicort Respules, Pulmicort Turbuhaler, Uceris

Learn more about Budesonide.

Autoimmune Hepatitis 3 reviews 3 medications

6.2
Ulcerative Colitis 5 reviews 187 medications

Summary of Budesonide reviews 49 reviews 7.4

Reviews for Budesonide

For Crohn's Disease: "After taking it for a week, I have diarrhoe and cramps, I take one in the morning before breakfast, one before lunch and one before dinner. I better take prednisone. Wondering how many days it takes effect for before that I had three week flare now 8 days it flares and it is expensive too."

Loan Nguyen July 31, 2016

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: "Had bleeding, diarrhea, frequent trips to the bathroom...Started to notice a difference within a day and a half of taking this. Not as many bathroom trips...actually starting to feel normal again."

NikaBoo (taken for less than 1 month) July 22, 2016

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: "My physician prescribed budesonide originally for my Ulcerative Colitis, but I felt the out of pocket price for this RX was out of the ball park, so after contacting my physician again they gave me a RX for Uceris, and sent me information to assist in the cost, but after my insurance coverage and the $600, that the "coupon" that was sent to me, the total still came to over $200.00 for 30 days.. I have a copay of only $20.00, but since some entity seems to have the cost of this RX I have not been able to afford it and see what help it is--"

kkrc in ND May 16, 2016

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: "Only took 2 days' worth of budesonIde due to onset of excruciating headache, nausea, vomiting."

Jwillia March 3, 2016

For Ulcerative Colitis: "I was diagnosed with this Microscopic Colitis three years ago and the only medication that has helped me is Budesonide. Well, I was on it for three months and I finally felt like myself again. Then my doctor informed me that I should stop which I did. After a couple of weeks I had the same symptoms again. Because it is a steroid it should not be used for any length of time I was told. So like most everyone else I had tried Apriso, Lialda with no relief at all. I am now starting again with Budesonide for another course of treatment. For me I put on weight and got lots of nasty black hairs around my chin which I didn't like. That is one of the reason why I don't look forward to taking this again. However I will use this again for a rest."

vgemini (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 11, 2016

Pulmicort Flexhaler (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I can tell a marked difference when I am without this, in between prescriptions. This takes the usage of my rescue inhaler down significantly. No negative side effects for me. Expensive, but worth it as peace of mind for someone whose asthma is a daily nuisance."

Mallllll January 25, 2016

For Autoimmune Hepatitis: "I was on Prednisone, 60 mg. for about 6 months after being diagnosed with AIH. During that time I had many severe side effects but my liver enzyme numbers were coming down. My physician switched me to 9 mg. Budesonide because of the side effects. I had no more side effects and my liver enzymes continued to go down. Now, I am off all steroids and my liver enzymes are in the low normal range using only Azathioprine. I had one flare two years ago after surgery and a few months of Budesonide brought me right back where I needed to be. I agree that the cost is outrageous."

Nummy (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 21, 2016

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: "Been on it for 7 years. Works well for me, but I should find a better long term solution. Almost no flare ups. Minimal side effects since it's only a locally absorbed steroid."

REALLIFEPHARMACIST October 22, 2015

For Asthma, Maintenance: "It works well but flovent works better for me. The aerosol gets in lungs better than powder . If u use it, can cause thrush. Rinse often and use mouthwash afterwards to remove powder from mouth."

LouAnnP (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 31, 2015

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Inflammatory Bowel Disease: "Did not work. Severe psychological and physical side effects requiring hospitalization."

Dreaminventor (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2015

Pulmicort Flexhaler (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I guess a bronchodilator was needed. This did nothing for me. Always needed my ProAir."

Lmhinton June 16, 2015

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: "Budesonide has been a blessing in my case and other than being extremely expensive, I am pleased. I have now been on it for 2 months due to collagenous colitis and have had a bonus experience other than controlling my diarrhea, I also suffer from extreme arthritis pain. Within days both the Diarrhea and the Pain were 95% gone. I am extremely concerned about being weaned off budesonide at 12 weeks which is the prescribed course. Also curious as to others that have possibly been on it longer and also whether anyone else has experienced the bonus pain relief. I feel like I actually have my Life back right now due to this stuff."

Anonymous June 16, 2015

Pulmicort Flexhaler (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I have recently reviewed the side effects associated with this medication and have found I have experienced quite a few of them. To my dismay, and my overall naiveness, these have contributed to some of the most uncomfortable and embarrassing situations. First and foremost, I had to have cataracts removed from both eyes just two years ago. Then there are the two bouts of pneumonia, the most recent was double pneumonia. Weight gain nearly impossible to control, swelling of feet and lower legs is becoming far too frequent these days, numbness in the extremities, rashes have been getting even worse than they have been in a while, suffered through shingles, eczema, and other strange and sundry skin maladies. I've been on it too long, obviously."

DC in AZ June 14, 2015

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: "I have faithfully taken 4 Lialda 1.2mg everyday for 8 years. I tried all medicines such Asacol, 6-mp, etc. and had to discontinue due to side effects. I also use the Rowasa enemas/suppositories temporarily and when stopped, the rectal bleeding starts again and worsen everyday. I have never been in remission with Lialda. I started the Uceris on 12/04/14 and I felt better than I had ever felt since the diagnosis in 2003. Two weeks into Uceris, legs and ankles swelling. Continued Uceris and praying swelling was temporary, Then had shortness of breath and fluid buildup in my chest. The swelling was unbearable. I stopped the Uceris; swelling subsided in 5 days. I do not want Remicade or Humira due to side effects. Why Lialda; no remission for 8 yrs."

Hopefully girl (taken for less than 1 month) December 31, 2014

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: "Have had collagenous colitis for a couple of years. I was in agony a week ago with a flare up but this saved me. I'm supposed to be on it for Six weeks - then off. Scared about that. This is NOT a cure- it's a bandaid - am on a special diet now and crossing my fingers."

Daltz (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2014

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: "I have fought UC for three years. Taken several meds. Most work for two or three months, then I experience a flair. Uceris has placed me in remission for 6 months! Expensive? Yes, outrageous. When you have fought the battle I've been thru, expense is not the issue. What price being normal?"

Ole John (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 22, 2014

Pulmicort Turbuhaler (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: "Pulmicort works beautifully, really stops the cough. I took it for 3 months. then I lost my sense of taste and by the end of the 4th month I developed the most awful taste in my mouth so I stopped it. The horrible taste gradually disappeared after one year and my sense of taste has "almost" come back. It has now been 17 months since I stopped the medicine. my coughing is not gone when I exhale, but very much improved and no attacks. It's the only medicine that works for me during attacks. I think once I improved I should have cut the dose way down."

Dolambra (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 27, 2014

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: "Been using Balsalazide 3x3 for 9 years or so with occasional flareups I could resolve with slight overdosing. Could not resolve present flare up. After a month of 4 bowel motions a day, blood, diarrhea, doc started me on Uceris. Next day change to 1 bowel motion, no blood, slight diarrhea. Now 1 wk later, pretty normal 1 bowel motion per day, with occasional nausea in abdomen. I think pretty good for a week. But the price is outrageous, and even my copay is $75 mo. Doc insists on giving it to me for 3 mos."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2014

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: "This medication was an answer to prayer. I suffered with chronic diarrhea for over a year and had tried Imodium, dietary changes, and anything else I could think of to stop it. I eventually had a colonoscopy and biopsies taken showed collagenous colitis, a form of microscopic colitis. ONE day on this med stopped my diarrhea. I haven't had any negative side effects whatsoever."

Kaymlt February 21, 2014

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Inflammatory Bowel Disease: "Microscopic Colitis: I have already given a review on this medication but I wanted to add important information. The one thing I found is the generic Budesonide (bright pink capsule) does not work well as the brand Entocort EC. (gray and pink) I take whatever the pharmacy has available. This last refill was generic and while on it, all my symptoms returned. Saw my gastro and told him about it and he said he had one other patient that stated generic didn't work for them. He prescribed brand only and it works like a charm. If you find you aren't doing well on the generic, ask for brand. See if it makes a difference. It did for me."

SherylR (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 8, 2014

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease: "Stopped my Crohn's Disease flare up very quickly and rather effectively."

ladq January 12, 2014

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Inflammatory Bowel Disease: "I was prescribed this for Collagenous (microscopic) Colitis and it worked immediately with the first dose. I take three 3mg capsules at once in the morning. I've been on it for 15 months straight with no side effects but I do have to have a bone density scan once a year. I have tried weaning off the medicine but my symptoms return so looks like I'm on this for life. Entocort is my miracle. It helps me live a normal life."

Sherylro December 5, 2013

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: "Outstanding results after the fourth day using Uceris. Has none of the typical prednisone major side effects. Works in the lower colon. I used it for 8 weeks. Held the Ulcerative Colitis in remission for an additional 5 months."

Ole john (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 23, 2013

Pulmicort Respules (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: "I used this twice a day in my nebulizer and it works great for my asthma although I use the strongest dosage because nothing else works."

nebgirl (taken for 10 years or more) August 28, 2013

For Autoimmune Hepatitis: "I had been on prednisone for almost 10 years. With many of the common side effects; round face, always gaining weight and others. I am now on budesonide tablets, 6mg per day. With no side effects. It truly is a miracle. My only complaint of this medicine is it's outrageous cost. I say this, because the medicine has been around since the early nineties in inhalers. I know this, because my wife did clinical trials with this. My last month's bill was $360. for a thirty day script, I might add, with Humana insurance. Each month the cost has gone up. I am afraid to think of what next month's bill is going to be. The budesonide has given me known side effects. "

MJohns May 6, 2013