User Reviews for Budesonide to treat Eosinophilic Esophagitis

Also known as: Uceris, Entocort EC, Pulmicort Flexhaler, Ortikos Pulmicort Respules

Reviews for Budesonide

Stephanie · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 8, 2020

“My husband uses budesonide for his nasal polyps and it’s helped him. He can breathe better and even smell a little. My son uses it for his Eosinophilic Esophagitis (EoE). I have to mix it in syrup to make a slurry. It’s a pain but it seems to be helping. He is starting to eat more and not need formula fed as much (he’s 7). I think it’s helping. We find out for sure in about a month. I’m giving it a 7 because it helps my husband and my kiddo is finally eating again.”

just a reviewer · Taken for less than 1 month November 11, 2016

“Been taking this for 2 weeks and have noticed some slight improvement via my esophagus not narrowing-down while eating most foods. However, this drug has mitigated the freedom from depression/OCD/anxiety that I take other meditations for (sertraline, fluvoxamine, ativan), and I have felt a great increase in those symptoms since a few days in with this drug... so I'm getting off this and hope to find something better!”

phe3 March 1, 2010

Entocort EC (budesonide): “Entocort has been good to me and my Eosinophilic Esophagitis problem. It's not as effective as Prednisone, but WAY easier to handle. I could usually last 3 to 4 weeks off of Prednisone. I can only go about a week without Entocort. My side effects have been occasional dizziness, occasional indigestion / heartburn, and sometimes just feeling tired. After several years of Prednisone, this is still much better and easier to handle. I take one 3mg pill (3 times a day) and break it apart and pour it into my mouth and try to let the individual bits of medicine stay in my throat as long as I can. I've been doing well with this and I am happy with the results.”

Anonymous September 15, 2009

Entocort EC (budesonide): “I have an unexplained food allergy that causes my esophagus (only esophagus) to close up completely with food in it. Cannot swallow saliva, as it builds up and makes me gag and choke as it goes down my windpipe when it builds up high enough. I was instructed to take 9mg (3, 3mg capsules) by removing the pellets from the capsules and eating them without water so they touch my esophagus directly. No side effects that I notice and it makes me able to eat. A God send - a must have for me. ”

Learn more about Eosinophilic Esophagitis

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)