User Reviews for Budesonide (Page 4)

Also known as: Uceris, Entocort EC, Pulmicort Flexhaler, Ortikos Pulmicort Respules

Crohn's Disease, Acute 8.7
Ulcerative Colitis 5.7
Summary of Budesonide reviews 6.7 101 reviews

Reviews for Budesonide

Sherylro December 5, 2013

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Inflammatory Bowel Disease: “I was prescribed this for Collagenous (microscopic) Colitis and it worked immediately with the first dose. I take three 3mg capsules at once in the morning. I've been on it for 15 months straight with no side effects but I do have to have a bone density scan once a year. I have tried weaning off the medicine but my symptoms return so looks like I'm on this for life. Entocort is my miracle. It helps me live a normal life.”

Ole john · Taken for 6 months to 1 year November 23, 2013

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: “Outstanding results after the fourth day using Uceris. Has none of the typical prednisone major side effects. Works in the lower colon. I used it for 8 weeks. Held the Ulcerative Colitis in remission for an additional 5 months.”

nebgirl · Taken for 10 years or more August 28, 2013

Pulmicort Respules (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I used this twice a day in my nebulizer and it works great for my asthma although I use the strongest dosage because nothing else works.”

MJohns May 6, 2013

For Autoimmune Hepatitis: “I had been on prednisone for almost 10 years. With many of the common side effects; round face, always gaining weight and others. I am now on budesonide tablets, 6mg per day. With no side effects. It truly is a miracle. My only complaint of this medicine is it's outrageous cost. I say this, because the medicine has been around since the early nineties in inhalers. I know this, because my wife did clinical trials with this. My last month's bill was $360. for a thirty day script, I might add, with Humana insurance. Each month the cost has gone up. I am afraid to think of what next month's bill is going to be. The budesonide has given me known side effects. ”

john88 · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 21, 2013

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: “I was excited when I 1st heard about Uceris' approval for ulcerative colitis. I started taking it and the 1st few days I felt pretty good with minimal bathroom trips/stomach upset, etc. After about 3 days things got worse and worse each day I took the medicine. It started as constant cramping and stomach pain, and slowly having very urgent bathroom needs. I had to stop taking Uceris because it made all my symptoms worse. So know that going in, that it can help you, but it also might make your situation worse. ”

Kilt24 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 31, 2012

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: “This drug was prescribed to me by my family doctor to help with my ulcerative colitis. I think that after three years of off and on flares with colitis and prednisone usage, I am now steroid resistant. This medicine has worked very poorly for me. At the highest dose of 9 mg, my symptoms are not nearly under control.”

Anonymous January 25, 2012

Pulmicort Turbuhaler (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Works fantastically to manage my allergy-induced asthma symptoms. Have not needed "rescue" inhaler a single time since starting with Pulmicort. Have noticed some slight changes to my voice within the first couple of hours of each puff that slowly returned to normal over the course of the day.”

Anonymous December 18, 2011

Pulmicort Flexhaler (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Very effective and no side effects.”

Anonymous December 1, 2011

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Inflammatory Bowel Disease: “This medicine changed my life. I have taken it for 2yrs, but now have no health insurance and can't afford it. I have severe cramping and constant diarrhea. Food is repulsive to me and am losing weight like crazy. I sure do miss it.”

Mayv September 15, 2011

Pulmicort Turbuhaler (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: “I have developed irritation of the throat and ears, headache, feel dizzy during my morning walk, chest pain and difficulty with my breathing.”

Anonymous August 17, 2011

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease: “I've had Crohn's disease for 47 years. Entocort works great for calming acute symptoms in just a few days. I'm able to live a normal, pain free life with it. I just wish it wasn't so expensive.”

Desti July 24, 2011

For Autoimmune Hepatitis: “I have been taking budesonide Entocort since Feb 1, 2011. It was prescribed by my hepatologist for treatment of my autoimmune hepatitis. Nothing else I have taken has worked effectively (prednisone gave me ocular migraines along with azathioprine (nausea). Cellcept was tolerated but wasn't effective. Prograf (for transplant patients) did not work either and I had too many side effect (ended up getting shingles). I do have problems with dizziness but this is the only medicine that have brought my liver values down. I have noticed red rashes that come and go. Medicine is very expensive but fortunately my insurance covers the majority of it.”

Anonymous July 17, 2011

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Inflammatory Bowel Disease: “I've been taking Entocort for almost 3 months now. My symptoms of inflammatory bowel disease are almost non existent. However since taking this medicine (almost from the beginning) I now have psoriasis all over my body, including pustular psoriasis on my hands and feet, which is very painful. I believe this medicine is causing the psoriasis, I've never had this condition before.”

humbled September 21, 2010

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease, Acute: “This medication worked great the first time I was diagnosed with Crohn's. No side effects that I noticed and started working very quickly. Several months later I had another flare and tried it again and it did not work for me. It was certainly worth a try to avoid the harmful side effects of other medications. I took this medicine along with Pentasa, which I use every day and still like.”

Anonymous September 12, 2010

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease, Acute: “VERY good medication! I had uncontrolled Crohn's for many years (no medicine would work for me). My gastroenterologist decided to try this one and it was a life saver. I couldn't go out before (even for groceries!). It didn't take very long to get the full effects from it and though the cost is higher than with the other medicines, I am more than willing to pay it to get my life back. I could only get relief from prednisone before this medicine came along, but had terrible side effects from it. Highly recommended for anyone looking for some relief for Crohn's. Good luck to all with this debilitating disease.”

Anonymous May 26, 2010

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: “I have had no problems with it and when I go off it I get a Crohn's relapse. It's worth the expense to have my health.”

teachergirl April 10, 2010

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease: “Entocort is used as a bridge therapy to settle severe flares. It brings almost complete relief within 2-3 days but it's just temporary as you can't stay on this drug for long periods of time.”

merocks March 31, 2010

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Inflammatory Bowel Disease: “I have been suffering with severe diarrhea due to Lymphocytic Colitis for 2 years. Have taken many different prescriptions for it with no help. Entocort was prescribed to me 10 days ago and I feel terrific! The diarrhea and cramping has stopped. I really feel great. For the first 4 days I did have a moderate headache, but that has gone. The only side effect I have now is some mild ache on my face. For me, Entocort has given me my life back.”

phe3 March 1, 2010

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Eosinophilic Esophagitis: “Entocort has been good to me and my Eosinophilic Esophagitis problem. It's not as effective as Prednisone, but WAY easier to handle. I could usually last 3 to 4 weeks off of Prednisone. I can only go about a week without Entocort. My side effects have been occasional dizziness, occasional indigestion / heartburn, and sometimes just feeling tired. After several years of Prednisone, this is still much better and easier to handle. I take one 3mg pill (3 times a day) and break it apart and pour it into my mouth and try to let the individual bits of medicine stay in my throat as long as I can. I've been doing well with this and I am happy with the results.”

Anonymous December 6, 2009

Pulmicort Turbuhaler (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: “Works well for asthma treatment but it's not really easy to wash your mouth after each time of use. Also causes ease of bruises and lowering the defence of immune system.”

Anonymous December 3, 2009

Pulmicort Respules (budesonide) for Asthma, Maintenance: “My daughter has used it since she was 6 months old. However I am unable to consistently give her the treatment because it is too expensive. It's too bad that something that can really help to keep kids from suffering costs so much that hardly anyone can afford it. Insurance pays half and I still have to pay $287/mo. ”

Anonymous November 22, 2009

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: “It gave me profuse sweating, minimal weight gain. I had nausea, elevated liver enzymes and elevated cholesterol during the 8 week course for acute disease.”

10yearsofIBS September 22, 2009

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Inflammatory Bowel Disease: “Reidcaro - Be careful. Less than 2 weeks time is not enough time to judge the results. Don't expect a cure of IBD. Look at yourself as managing it. Realizing this at the start may avoid a let down each time you change medicines.”

Anonymous September 15, 2009

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Eosinophilic Esophagitis: “I have an unexplained food allergy that causes my esophagus (only esophagus) to close up completely with food in it. Cannot swallow saliva, as it builds up and makes me gag and choke as it goes down my windpipe when it builds up high enough. I was instructed to take 9mg (3, 3mg capsules) by removing the pellets from the capsules and eating them without water so they touch my esophagus directly. No side effects that I notice and it makes me able to eat. A God send - a must have for me. ”

reidcaro June 21, 2009

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Inflammatory Bowel Disease: “I have only been taking this medicine for a week, I am being treated for inflammatory bowel disease and nothing else has worked. So far I think I am on the way to being cured. I am keeping my fingers crossed. After two weeks I have to report back to my physician as to my experience with this medicine.”