User Reviews for Budesonide (Page 2)

Also known as: Uceris, Entocort EC, Pulmicort Flexhaler, Ortikos Pulmicort Respules

Crohn's Disease, Acute 8.7
Ulcerative Colitis 5.7
Summary of Budesonide reviews 6.7 101 reviews

Reviews for Budesonide

Ali · Taken for less than 1 month March 22, 2019

For Ulcerative Colitis, Active: “I have had diarrhea for months, they put me on bentyl but did not help I had a endoscopy and colonoscopy and my biopsies were all negative but diagnosed with collagenous colitis. My GI doctor prescribed budesonide 9mg a day. My insurance said they did not cover it! I checked my prescription handbook and it said it was covered. But only at 3 mg, so my doctor prescribed the budesonide 3 mg and take three each morning. And my co pay was 8$! Today is my first day taking three 3 mg of budesonide. Can anyone tell me how soon you felt it working. Thank you”

Acorn · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 16, 2019

For Ulcerative Colitis: “I have Collengenous/microscopic colitis and have used this medication on and off for 6 years. I really haven’t had any side effects that I realized. I completed a 3 month dosage on Dec 29, 2018. I was diarrhea free for about 2.5 weeks then it slowly started again so I am back on it. I am on Medicare. I found out using Drug RX coupon works. However you must have your Doctor write the prescription for 90 pills x 3 per day for only 30 days . If it goes over 30 days (31 or 90) days it will be over $300. But it is written for 30 day My is only $100. The key is the number of Day not the amount of pills in the prescription . Crazy isn’t. Someone is making lots of money off of this. Check with your Medicare insurance about the # of pills vs. # of days. There should not be tiers for drugs on Medicare. Medicare need to be revised for drug prices.”

UCWarrior · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 22, 2019

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: “This is my last week using the Uceris foam. I have not noticed any significant differences over the past 6 weeks while using this. So unfortunate because I thought since the foam was going right to my ulcers it would really heal them, but instead I’m still going to the bathroom 6-10 times a day with fresh blood, painful gas and pressure. Doctor said my next choices are switching my diet drastically, prednisone or a biologic. Scared of biologics but think prednisone and a different enema will really help. Wish me luck!”

Mr News · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 10, 2019

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease: “Took Entocort as initial treatment for Crohn's in terminal ileum in 2004. I was only on it 3 months (tapering 9mg to 6mg to 3mg), and it worked well. Then, I was on Pentasa for 11 years, tapering slowly to zero. Crohn's symptoms came back wicked in Jan 2018, lost 43 lbs, and now have a 15cm stricture. Took Entocort again, for 7 months this time (2 mos @ 9mg, 2 mos @ 6mg, 3 mos @ 3mg), and again, it helped get the worst symptoms under control. Now living with the stricture, on 1gm of Pentasa daily. I'd say Entocort worked well for me, with minimal side effects. Some emotional lability, but that could be from any chronic illness. It's a useful drug for symptomatic treatment of mild-moderate Crohn's, and much safer than prednisone. I would be comfortable using a minimal dosage (3mg daily) for long-term maintenance, with calcium supplementation and periodic bone-density scans.”

D · Taken for less than 1 month November 30, 2018

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: “I’ve been using this for almost 2 weeks, 2 times a day. Will continue for 4 more weeks, once a day. Diagnosed with UC 15 months ago; was in remission 8 months and then daily bleeding and pain for past 5 months. CANASA hasn’t worked; hydro cortisone suppositories have not worked and so far, the Uceris foam seems to have reduced the number of trips to the bathroom, but still active daily bleeding. Hoping that the next 4 weeks will show that this is effective. Terrified of taking biologics, which would be the next step... 61 year old female who was in perfect health prior to UC”

E November 2, 2018

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: “I felt like I was going into a UC flare so my doctor told me to take Uceris for two months. We wanted to avoided the harsh side effects of pred. (Just found out I have osteopenia at 23 because of my pred usage) Within a week of me taking it I started having extremely watery stool... I would go 10-15 times a day and dealt with this for the two months (the duration of the uceris course). My doctor finally tested me for C-Diff and I was positive! I can’t imagine I got the cdiff from anything BUT using this medicine because it happened a week after I started. I’ve never had C-Diff in the past. It was a NIGHTMARE! Because I got the infection, it put me back in a horrible flare- the combo sent me into the hospital for a week. I’m currently doing the Uceris rectal foam and that is working WONDERS for me!! My effected area tends to be in my lower colon so the foam put me into remission after about two weeks! Zero side effects.”

Lauren315 · Taken for less than 1 month October 11, 2018

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: “No. I will never take this again. It has caused nausea, stomach pain, fatigue, broken sleep and whatever else wasn’t already bad enough with my flare.”

Kats September 26, 2018

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: “I have been prescribed this for microscopic colitis. I have been hesitating, and this site has convinced me to try it. I am on Medicare and my supplemental insurance has quoted me $1500 for this medicine for two months. My co-pay is $365 and only pays for one month. This is insane. What should I do for the second month pay $1500? Our world is crazy. Fortunately my G.I. doctor has given me some samples so I will try it. Thank you all of you for your comments.”

Misery · Taken for less than 1 month August 30, 2018

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: “I have been on budesonide 9 mg for nearly 2 weeks. The diarrhea slowed down after a couple of days. I have been very sick on and off this last week. Stomach pain, nausea, headache weekness, insomnia. I have read the side effects just now and realised that it is the tablet that is making me so sick. Going O/S in 2 weeks and I am extremely worried.”

Marion · Taken for less than 1 month June 11, 2018

“Made me feel much better..I am being treated for Sarcoidosis, grandulomas in the lymph nodes, After just 24hrs of starting with 3 capsules every morning...Before I had nausea, feeling full after very small amount of food, discomfort in abdomen after even a drink of water!! Lost 30lbs in 4months!!!”

Bun · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 30, 2018

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease: “Entocort did nothing for me. No side effects, but no help at all. Really the most pointless pill I have ever taken.”

Kimmer · Taken for 5 to 10 years May 15, 2018

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease, Maintenance: “I have been on it for 8 years. Have tried to wean off but always start to have Crohn’s symptoms again. I still have flares periodically on the medication but they are minimal. Happy it works for me.”

Jaggie18 · Taken for 1 to 6 months May 6, 2018

For Autoimmune Hepatitis: “Changed to Budesonide from prenisolone as I couldn't tolerate the side effect of the pred. I've been taking 3 mg of budesnonide for autoimmune hepatitis, for the past 5 weeks. I'm feeling very tired to the point of exhaustion, nauseous, bruising easily, moon face and various other mild aches and pains and feeling very low spirited. Some days worse than others. Hoping to come of this drug soon, but worried about feeling worse through the reduction phase.”

clm3 · Taken for less than 1 month February 17, 2018

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: “I am now on this drug for the second time for Microscopic colitis . The last time was in 2014. The drug, in itself, works great for me BUT it is the drug company I have the issue with. They publicize that with their drug savings card plus your insurance, you only have to pay $25. THAT IS UNTRUE!! When you get to the fine print, you find that the company, in the goodness of their heart, will pay the first $800 ONCE per year for a drug costing $917.48 for 30 tablets. So, for the first script, it is a cost of $117.48 - hope don't need a second month cause then it would be $917.48. So please know this ahead of time!!!!”

Chillin24g · Taken for less than 1 month February 2, 2018

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis, Active: “I’ve battled this illness off and on for 16 yrs and have pretty much tried it all. I’m usually in full remission when I’m just on remicade and lialda (unsure how effective this really is), but I recently was forced to postpone my scheduled bi monthly remicade and promptly fell ill. I was able to get the remicade at about week 11, but by then was in a full blown flare so it didn’t throw me back into full remission as I was still bleeding, had rectal pain, and frequent trips to the bathroom. I was prescribed this foam and within 2 days noticed a substantial improvement without all the side effects of oral steroids like prednisone (horrible drug). Highly recommend this is your pain and inflammation is in your rectum / sigmoid. You can ask for lidocaine lubricant too to apply on the applicator for peace of mind.”

Mel p September 19, 2017

For Ulcerative Colitis: “Was diagnosed with ulcerative colitis approx 4 mo ago; tried lialda and apriso as sample; lialda tore my stomach up and apriso worked better but not that well after a short time; I then filled my prescription at one pharmacy thru my Medicare d plan; tier 4 drug; I was astounded at price $773 for a 30 day supply; I found out after the fact I could have gotten some where else for $258, wow 1/3 the cost. Drug has worked; I also order thru Canadian pharmacies for 3 mo supply; nice price difference; unfortunately medicine has stopped working for me and I have been in hospital; still very diarrhea; am looking for better days. Hope this helps”

phillycarole · Taken for less than 1 month September 18, 2017

Entocort EC (budesonide) for Crohn's Disease: “Budesonide helped well with my flare, but on the 3rd day I developed breathing issues, The 4th day is terrible and I am going to stop taking it because I have COPD and heart issues. Unfortunately I have similar problems with prednisone. I've had Crohn's Disease for 50 years.”

Geoege92065 · Taken for 6 months to 1 year August 25, 2017

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: “Uceris has been the best medicine I have tried for my collagenous colitis. Everything else did not work or had too many side effects. To me this is a miracle medicine. They say to take one 9mg per day, but believe it or not that actually made me constipated. For me nothing took away the D, even when I took seven Imodium a day. So I started taking Uceris on a as needed basis. It worked out to take one or two a week. So for me I rated a 10 with no side effects .”

Colitis Queen · Taken for 1 to 2 years July 12, 2017

For Inflammatory Bowel Disease: “I suffered from massive diarrhea and horrible incontinence that kept me hiding at home, deeply depressed and wearing a diaper. Budesonide changed my life! I travel now and go everywhere with confidence. The bad news is that the American pharma industry has jacked up the cost of GENERIC Budesonide to over $1,000 a month ( without insurance.) Even WITH my United Healthcare insurance, the cost is STILL $300 a month! Luckily, I found a Canadian website which sells drugs from Europe and India, so now my cost for 30 days of Budesonide is $125. Check Consumer Reports for guidelines about how to safely purchase meds from Canada. Meanwhile, tell your Congress person that the U.S. Pharma industry is BLEEDING us!”

Mom 2 boys · Taken for less than 1 month June 26, 2017

For Ulcerative Colitis: “Had horrible side effects from Lialda and sulfasalazine, and no response from enemas incl cortifoam. On day 4 of bud and see no relief from urgency, blood or mucous. I was told to take one 3 mg/ day even tho Uceris script for 9mg. Will check with MD when they open. Uceris after insurance was $1,000. Generic was $250--which I thought was better, but not if I have to take 3 pills /day instead of one!! How does anyone find this affordable?”

Jenmneill June 2, 2017

For Ulcerative Colitis: “With my insurance from AARP, I used to pay $352 for the 3mg using three per day for one month. Today at Walmart, they charged me $767.76!!!!! I have been taking Prednisone for the last six months, but do not feel comfortable taking this steroid for long-term since my condition is from celiac, causing my colitis. The pharmacist informed me that this, along with many other pharmaceuticals have doubled their pricing. This is absolutely unaffordable for people with my problems. Isn't there any type of coupons or discounts that I can get? Any assistance would be appreciated. Thank you.”

Cynthia57 May 2, 2017

For Autoimmune Hepatitis: “Just started meds”

12 years and counting.... · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 9, 2017

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: “I have UC for 12 years, I was in remission for a few years and then all of a sudden I had a flare up, I have been one this medication for almost 2 months. When I first started on it, it helped for like a week or so. I had swelling in my face and joints and sore muscles and headaches. My doctor told me to stick with it so my body could adjust properly and it helped but didnt stop my issues. For the last week I have been going to the bathroom 10 times a day. Me and my doctor are now trying to figure out the next step.”

nalla1406 · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 9, 2017

For Ulcerative Colitis: “GI doctors diagnosed me with IBS-D . None of the medications prescribed produced a solution. I was hit by repeated attacks of incontinence (diarrhea). My present GI doctor diagnosed me with microscopic colitis, for which he prescribed budesonide. It worked I have been using it successfully for about a year and a half. It is an off-label drug. not yet OK'd by the FDA for colitis. It has been ok'd for use for asthma for about 10 years but has not been ok'd for microscopic colitis. Therefore, I pay just under $400.00 a month for a medication that is generic placed on "Tier 4" in Medicare D. In 2016 I was billed just under $200.00 for the same quantity .No other drugs are effective. This one is too expensive”

Angostura · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 26, 2017

Uceris (budesonide) for Ulcerative Colitis: “I am now on my second bottle of Uceris. It took about 2 weeks before it became effective for my microscopic colitis; in other words, when my diarrhea stopped completely. After becoming effective, I experienced 2 side effects; first, swelling of both ankles that lasted a few days, less than a week. After that, I had no ankle problem at all, except for a feeling of pins and needles on both feet, which I don't find problematic. Second, an increase in appetite, which I needed, as I had lost 11 lb. as a result of diarrhea. The appetite increase lasted about 10 days. Uceris has given me a chance at feeling well, and able to live my life.”