User Reviews for Budesonide to treat Asthma, Maintenance

Also known as: Uceris, Entocort EC, Pulmicort Flexhaler, Ortikos Pulmicort Respules

Budesonide Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

Compare all 72 medications used in the treatment of Asthma, Maintenance.

Reviews for Budesonide

Just me · Taken for 2 to 5 years January 22, 2020

Pulmicort Flexhaler (budesonide): “Have taken the past few years, it works well and have been mostly stable in conjunction with avoiding triggers. Like that it's not aerosol. I use it right before I brush my teeth so no issues with thrush. Have high copays so basically pay cash, I pharmacy shop for best price and there are usually manufacturers coupons available. Good luck all.”

Anonymous November 13, 2019

“Started budesonide just yesterday and feeling better already...the irritating cough is gone”

Heather · Taken for less than 1 month June 10, 2019

Pulmicort Respules (budesonide): “Dr started me on this for adult late onset asthma, I was 46 when diagnosed. The first week was good and my breathing improved. then I started to get a burning sensation in my chest. After the 2 week I knew something was not "right", the burning sensation was lasting for 2-6 hours after a treatment and I had the worst swollen sore throat. I stopped treatments and my throat soreness was gone within 4 days. I was switched to a different powder inhaler that then gave me hives. Hate my new disease!”

Bunnyyyy · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 9, 2019

Pulmicort Turbuhaler (budesonide): “Pulmicort works well for my asthma. Problem is can cause thrush or just a coating on tongue. So I rinse with water thoroughly immediately after inhaling. Then rinse with biotene. This really helps with coating on tongue.”

Mallllll January 25, 2016

Pulmicort Flexhaler (budesonide): “I can tell a marked difference when I am without this, in between prescriptions. This takes the usage of my rescue inhaler down significantly. No negative side effects for me. Expensive, but worth it as peace of mind for someone whose asthma is a daily nuisance.”

LouAnnP · Taken for 1 to 2 years August 31, 2015

“It works well but flovent works better for me. The aerosol gets in lungs better than powder . If u use it, can cause thrush. Rinse often and use mouthwash afterwards to remove powder from mouth.”

Lmhinton June 16, 2015

Pulmicort Flexhaler (budesonide): “I guess a bronchodilator was needed. This did nothing for me. Always needed my ProAir.”

DC in AZ June 14, 2015

Pulmicort Flexhaler (budesonide): “I have recently reviewed the side effects associated with this medication and have found I have experienced quite a few of them. To my dismay, and my overall naiveness, these have contributed to some of the most uncomfortable and embarrassing situations. First and foremost, I had to have cataracts removed from both eyes just two years ago. Then there are the two bouts of pneumonia, the most recent was double pneumonia. Weight gain nearly impossible to control, swelling of feet and lower legs is becoming far too frequent these days, numbness in the extremities, rashes have been getting even worse than they have been in a while, suffered through shingles, eczema, and other strange and sundry skin maladies. I've been on it too long, obviously.”

Dolambra · Taken for 1 to 6 months July 27, 2014

Pulmicort Turbuhaler (budesonide): “Pulmicort works beautifully, really stops the cough. I took it for 3 months. then I lost my sense of taste and by the end of the 4th month I developed the most awful taste in my mouth so I stopped it. The horrible taste gradually disappeared after one year and my sense of taste has "almost" come back. It has now been 17 months since I stopped the medicine. my coughing is not gone when I exhale, but very much improved and no attacks. It's the only medicine that works for me during attacks. I think once I improved I should have cut the dose way down.”

nebgirl · Taken for 10 years or more August 28, 2013

Pulmicort Respules (budesonide): “I used this twice a day in my nebulizer and it works great for my asthma although I use the strongest dosage because nothing else works.”

Anonymous January 25, 2012

Pulmicort Turbuhaler (budesonide): “Works fantastically to manage my allergy-induced asthma symptoms. Have not needed "rescue" inhaler a single time since starting with Pulmicort. Have noticed some slight changes to my voice within the first couple of hours of each puff that slowly returned to normal over the course of the day.”

Anonymous December 18, 2011

Pulmicort Flexhaler (budesonide): “Very effective and no side effects.”

Mayv September 15, 2011

Pulmicort Turbuhaler (budesonide): “I have developed irritation of the throat and ears, headache, feel dizzy during my morning walk, chest pain and difficulty with my breathing.”

Anonymous December 6, 2009

Pulmicort Turbuhaler (budesonide): “Works well for asthma treatment but it's not really easy to wash your mouth after each time of use. Also causes ease of bruises and lowering the defence of immune system.”

Anonymous December 3, 2009

Pulmicort Respules (budesonide): “My daughter has used it since she was 6 months old. However I am unable to consistently give her the treatment because it is too expensive. It's too bad that something that can really help to keep kids from suffering costs so much that hardly anyone can afford it. Insurance pays half and I still have to pay $287/mo. ”

Aine1972 February 28, 2009

“Pulmicort works for asthma. Weight gain is an issue, however.”

bharrod December 3, 2008

Pulmicort Flexhaler (budesonide): “Works great for my asthma and my allergies, but you must rinse your mouth out with water each time you use it. That is a pain but well worth the trouble. No side effects noticed.”