User Reviews for Amoxicillin

Bacterial Endocarditis Prevention 9.0
Summary of Amoxicillin reviews 6.4 278 reviews

Reviews for Amoxicillin

Lopt · Taken for less than 1 month September 13, 2020

For Dental Abscess: “At first I was convinced the antibiotic will not work as the pain felt like it was getting worse everyday and I was ready to go back to the dentist. Only after completing 4 out of 7 days (3 pills a day) did I start to feel better! Make sure you finish the entire course.”

Mikey September 5, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “Developed a pain in mouth last Tues Couldn’t sleep with pain so dibilitating Also had tenderness in lower gums Went to Dr and he put me on 875 ea of Amox 2 per day It’s now Saturday and pain almost minimal and no bump in gums Guess I gotta see dentist ASAP to hopefully make this thing go away completely”

Celia August 30, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “Bad tooth infection and dentist gave Amoxicillin 3 x 500 mg a day. Day 3 no side effects and pain gone/swelling reducing. I have had progressively bad back for 23 years due to epidural. Led to me not able to walk more than 9 paces without serious pain where if I don't sit down my legs will go from under me. I went shopping with my husband today and for the first time in 3 years I walked around, not one, but two 2 supermarkets instead of sitting in the car as I have done for 3 years. MRI scan INDICATED the only thing LEFT is an operation which could make better or worse. What is in this Amoxicillin that Has given me my body back? I have never felt so well - 20 years younger in fact. I hope when I finish course I don't get the pain back and can continue to walk. I think this needs investigating.”

AZ JJ · Taken for less than 1 month August 28, 2020

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I thought Amoxicillin was pretty mild. I asked for it when my Urologist prescribed a Cipro-family antibiotic (I think those are REALLY dangerous!)... WRONG. I took the Amoxicillin 500mg 2X/day for 8 days and had to stop. It seemed to stop my UTI (first one ever and I have been on catheters for 2 years) but I didn't expect the side effects of rapid heart rate all the time, anxiety from low grade to intense most of the time, it made me feel weak and nauseous, guts in turmoil, eating anything made it worse, so I had to stop. I had no idea this drug had those side effects for many! AVOID!”

BANSALA · Taken for less than 1 month August 21, 2020

Apo-Amoxi (amoxicillin) for Bladder Infection: “I had a very complicated and terrible UTI which was hard to get rid of. Tried apo-amoxicillin in hope for it to clear all the bacteria and end these constant symptoms. HOWEVER this drug did absolute nothing in helping me UTI, I noticed no improvement at all. I took Apo-Amoxi for 6 days, 250mg 3× per day. I got no major side affects except for a mild headache. Now I have been switched to keflex which is way better.”

Rachael · Taken for less than 1 month August 12, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “Had agonising pain from a suspected abscess from wisdom tooth. Was prescribed amoxicillin to be takes 3 times a day. I am now on day 3 and the pain is even worse than it was yesterday. By the looks of it I’m going to have to have the tooth extracted urgently.”

G · Taken for less than 1 month August 6, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “Had a nasty tooth infection from an untreated wisdom tooth and felt like it was going to be the end of me. Didn’t handle the infection in time, had nausea, abdominal pain, the works. (Hence, felt like death). I’m 115~ lbs, and they put me on 875mg 2x a day. The first night I could feel the difference! Amazing stuff!”

DanRFl · Taken for less than 1 month June 30, 2020

For Dental Abscess: “Terrible pain and huge abscess and the drug didn’t help even 1%, just no help at all... I am in 4th day ( 3 X a day) and pain and abscess continue. I am scheduled appointment with surgeon tomorrow, but amoxicillin didn’t help !”

Sukie · Taken for less than 1 month June 28, 2020

For Dental Abscess: “24 hours and the pain is gone. Amoxicillin worked for me.”

Angie · Taken for less than 1 month June 13, 2020

For Dental Abscess: “amoxicillin got rid of my molar root infection after day 3”

FC June 10, 2020

For Dental Abscess: “Had an infection on a back molar and was prescribed amoxicillin because of the pandemic. I was on other pain relievers alongside this and the infection was gone within 4 days and no pain at all. But I’m here now a few weeks later (maybe a month) and the toothache is back, will call dentist to see if I have to take another course of it but it worked for the time I took it.”

Arnold June 10, 2020

For Tonsillitis/Pharyngitis: “Amoxicillin 500mg every 8 hours makes my strep throat gone. Today is the 3rd day of my medication and I feel so normal. I felt a little bit dizziness because of the side effect of the med but its normal. Thank you! ”

Pix · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2020

For Dental Abscess: “Took amoxicillin for a dental abscess. Worked to lessen the infection but day 3 woke up COVERED in horrible, raised, angry, red welts/hives all over my arms. Stopped taking immediately. This is apparently a common side effect and not necessarily a true allergy, but there doesn't seem to be a way to differentiate outside a skin test. Just in case my dentist switched me to clindamycin. For my purposes, I'm calling it an allergy going forward because it's too scary to risk.”

Utpe · Taken for less than 1 month June 6, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “I was given Amoxicillin 500mg 3x daily for 7 days due to an infection. On first taking it, nothing really happened. By the second, I started getting flu-like symptoms. Third - major fatigue. Fourth - irritability. Fifth - diarrhea. Finally, on the sixth/seventh, that's when I noticed it had gotten rid of those nasty bacteria, and was my normal self again. As a plus, it cleared up my skin. Glad I was able to see it through, despite the side effects.”

Amb May 27, 2020

For Urinary Tract Infection: “I’ve taken Amoxicillin many times for a UTI. It gives me a good amount of relief within 6-8 hours. The burning sensation and the bladder spasms usually subside within that time frame. I don’t experience many side effects except for occasional mild nausea and an annoying yeast infection. Those side effects are very common. I’ve also taken this for tonsil issues and it helps tremendously. There’s not many antibiotics I can take, but this is one of my favorites for my lupus induced UTIs.”

Lucy · Taken for less than 1 month May 24, 2020

Amoxil (amoxicillin) for Bacterial Infection: “I had a very painful and serious abscess in my tooth, the infection spread into my jaw and caused my face to swell. Amoxil worked so fast reducing pain and swelling. I cannot recommend enough!”

Sam Nadi · Taken for less than 1 month May 18, 2020

For Dental Abscess: “I had one of my tooth infected twice in since 2018 I went to a dentist it was infected but the dentist told me to take it out which was good idea but unfortunately I didn’t agree the first time I took the amoxicillin antibiotics it’s amazing it killed all the bacteria infections I had then I felt better now it’s 2020 I got again infection in the same tooth with covid 19 I only could go to emergency dentist which was ok took an X-ray I got infection the tooth is dead not worth it to keep I was going to take it out it’s charging more money plus I got my insurance they don’t take it I ended up with amoxicillin 500mg is the best it took pain away which was unbearable but when I chew the upper surface touch lower one where infections is while squeezing the food my nerve ahh my god it gets me to a pain Again so the bottom line is amoxicillin is the best still”

Lauren · Taken for less than 1 month May 7, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “Have IBS, recently got worse so was giving this antibiotic incase I had an infection. Felt fine day 1, day 2 began to feel nauseous, abdominal pains, acid reflux, extremely tired, loss of appetite, headache and feeling very ill in general. I was taking 3x 500g everyday but only managed to get to day 2 till I stoped. Wouldn’t recommend this antibiotic if you already have stomach problems!!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2020

For Bacterial Infection: “I have had a bad toothache for a few days, and by the fourth day and I thought I was going to die!! My ear and tooth/crown was hurting like I have never felt before. My dentist called in amoxicillan and after one day I FEEL better!! This works well for an infected tooth . I promise you that!”

Np May 2, 2020

For Dental Abscess: “I am pregnant, two of my bottom molars crumbled away due to pregnancy. I’ve been in agony for two months, both molars open, nerves exposed. NHS refusing to treat me because of COVID-19. I can’t eat properly, have indigestion because of poorly chewed food and severe pain day after day. I am absolutely exhausted as I can’t sleep, the pain triples at nights and all I am left as pregnant is paracetamol. now they both got infected, the gums have been red for a long time, the constant pin indescribable. All they gave me was amoxicillin, which after 4 days has made it only 10x worse, I am in tears all day long and at nights I am almost fainting from the pain, struggle to breathe, I can’t even lie down, turn head, I just want to scream. I have never been this desperate and sore. dentist I got to speak to over the phone wasn’t even sure if the antibiotics are going to work, but gave me a choice of nothing or that. then suggested I do my own filling at home with a home filling kit.”

Jade · Taken for less than 1 month May 2, 2020

For Dental Abscess: “I went in for some pain after an injury to my front tooth. The first dentist told me, I’m young enough It can heal, it might get better. I’m 26. A week later, the pain was unbearable. They gave me norco and a root canal at an Endodontist. The surgery went excellent. For 2 days, everything was awesome. Then got an infection with a nasty taste. I called them the 1st day they were open, was prescribed amoxicillin. It helped and I started to get better from it. The amoxicillin side effects ranged from increased sense of smell, yeast infection, and bloody diarrhea. I took my entire xr and was better. After 2 day’s off, I had an infection again. The pain seemed to be higher above the tooth this time. I contacted my dentist, who is sending me back for a 3D X-ray to inspect the area for possible fracture or find another reason it’s not healing. Due to covid shutdown I have to wait 4 days until I’m seen again. Until then I’m treating my infection with old leftover amoxicillin.”

Ryan May 2, 2020

For Dental Abscess: “I was eating one day and when I bite down onto food my whole tooth vibrated through my head like someone had just started drilling through my nerves in my mouth. The pain did not go until after 4 co-codamol and 2 ibuprofen, then my upper stomach started to burn as I had been taking tablets all week and had just taken too many painkillers and started to develop gastritis which is a common condition When the stomach becomes inflamed. I spoke to the dentist and he told me he will give me amoxicillin. I was scared that if they didn't work I will be in this pain for another night or maybe more because due to covid-19 no dentist are running. In the past I have had 4 root canals and many fillings and when you have a root canal its because of a infection or inflammation in the root canal where your nerves are which is why these kind of tooth aches are so painful, so in my experience when taking amoxicillin they have always worked helping with the pain”

Mango · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2020

For Otitis Media: “I had ears infection and fever twice in Dec. I took amoxicillin two times antibiotics. I think my ear infection did not clear up. I started to have lots of imbalance pressure in my ears. I felt fluid in my middle ears for more than two weeks, which is very annoying. I have been taking Amoxicillin for the fourth days. I still feel the fluid inside my middle ears. My hearing is back no more pain but I sometimes feel itchy inside my ears. I am so worry, how can I get rid the fluid... help!”

Vulture · Taken for less than 1 month April 30, 2020

For Dental Abscess: “I have an infection in my root canal Can’t see a dentist even if it’s an emergency due to the COVID virus... I called my dentist and he gave me a prescription for this medicine. I just started taking it, don’t feel any pain yet. Hopefully these will work.”

nicks · Taken for less than 1 month April 29, 2020

For Dental Abscess: “Amoxicillin was helpful!!. I had a toothache that lasted for 3 days. My dentist prescribed this drug and after 2 days of taking it all the pain was gone!! I didn’t follow the right instructions tho there were times I was several hours late of taking it in a prescribed time because I am forgetful or I was sleeping (It was supposed to be taken exactly every 8hrs) I also didn’t even get to finish the whole medicine course just because I didn’t feel pain anymore (which is not good don't do that too) but this antibiotic just that good! I just experienced diarrhea. I usually poop once a day or every other day but this antibiotic made me poop twice a day”