User Reviews for Euflexxa

Learn more about Euflexxa.

Osteoarthritis 96 reviews 345 medications

Summary of Euflexxa reviews 96 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Euflexxa

For Osteoarthritis "I go for my 3rd injection tomorrow of the Euflexa, but so far have only noticed my knee pain getting worse. My Dr. Said it can take up to 6 weeks after last injection to notice any relief. I know each person is different, however for me, I am in more pain then before I started these. I have been bone on bone in my right knee for over 2 years and I am really hoping for some relief in the next few weeks, as my only other option is total knee replacement."

Macord292929 September 14, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I had my meniscus repaired last November after a fall the previous year. I had tried physical therapy, ice, heat, celebrex for 9 months.I have arthritis which is extremely painful. I received first cortisone shot which gave me wonderful relief for 6 weeks. Pain worsened so I needed to have knee drained on three separate occasions and more cortisone shots. My knee is still very swollen at least twice the size of my other one. I got Euflexxa shots over 3 week period. They were painful when administered. I experienced nausea and a headache after each shot approximately thirty minutes after injection.I didn't have any relief unfortunately. My surgeon feels it's time for knee replacement. I am happy for those who report success."

Mia 47 September 9, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I had two injections in the right knee without pain. The third injection was so painful I nearly jumped. The dr who gives me the injection is a physiatrist and she gives it as you are sitting on the exam with your leg hanging down. I started the left knee thinking I wouldn't have pain for the first two injections like the other knee. OMG! The pain was so horrendous and Instarted to cry. I wanted to yank the needle out of her hand. The needle going in is not an issue. It's the injecting if the serum. THAT is crippling. It's like having surgery without anesthesia. I had to keep ice in it for the next 45 mins, what I didn't know is that after these injections and trigger shots, you should have a massage afterwards to move the medication around"

Medavinci (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I have had the series of three shots and am not feeling better. I felt better after the first shot but now I'm feeling the same old way. It hurts to climb or descend stairs, walking for prolonged periods hurts, my knees still hurt. Is there a time frame for the injections to talk hold and you feel better?"

Justwannawalk (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "Had scope on right knee 30 years ago. Meniscus tears in left knee and pains in right knee now. Cortisone for right knee did nothing so three shots of euflexxa with no pains followed. Surgery for left knee. After almost four months right knee has just stiffened without warning. Came to this site looking for answers."

uncle bill August 29, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I had torn my meniscus in my left knee about 20 years ago. The Dr said he didn't recommend any surgery unless it got so bad I couldn't stand it. Well I'm not weak when it comes to pain. So I lasted years without doing anything. But then the time came I needed help. So when I went in the Dr told me about the euflexxa shots. My knee was bone on bone. So I agreed to do it. I got relief the very first shot. You can get them every 6 months but mine last me for at least 2 years. So yes I have had them 3 times in that knee with excellent results. Now I'm having trouble with my right knee. First I had bursitis so I got a cortisone shot. Then my knee was swollen 3 times the size it should be. They then drained 40 cc of fluid from there."

Anonymous August 25, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I had arthroscopic surgery in 2012 to clean up the damaged cartilage under kneecap so basically bone on bone under knee cap. They also did lateral release to straighten kneecap. Two months later I had series of 3 Synvisc shots which lasted two years. I don't remember two much pain. In 2014, I waited two long and until I had a lot of pain to get next series of Synvisc. Last shot was painful. We switched to Euflexxa and I just had second shot yesterday. The pain the three days after is the worst. After first shot, it took 3 days to recover and four days of no pain before second shot. Today is day after second shot and I have much pain. Will report back after 3rd shot and update to see if this is better than Synvisc."

ReneeRWH August 18, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I'm going on two years now with almost no pain. I see stairs and try to figure out where the elvators were, curbs were also a challenge. I never experienced pain during injections and noticed immediate relief even walking back to my car. By the 3rd injection, I was thrilled ! So happy with this."

Donnaja68 August 18, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "Had the first of 3 last week- 2nd injection tomorrow. The shot itself did not seem too bad- some bad pain the next 3 days-- seems better today. Will update after 2nd shot. She suggested having a cortisone shot with the series of 3- has anyone else done that? I was hoping to not do cortisone again for a while due to weight gain."

Patty330 July 25, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "had all 3 injections. A lot of pain after 1st one other 2 not to bad. I have had no improvement at all. I am extremely disappointed."

Have bone on bone right knee July 25, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "was having severe leg pain with 2nd shot but dr gave me 3rd shot without listening to my concerns. 3rd shot disabled my walking for 3 months, lost energy to where I had to rest after taking a shower, unable to walk without cane or assistance for 3 months, could not put sock on my foot as bending at all caused unbearable pain in groin. difficulty sleeping with pain without sleep aid. would never want to experience that again. But, after 6 months, I am able to walk 2 miles daily without knee hurting at all. Primary doc said I had an allergic reaction to the medication."

old novice July 17, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I just received my third injection today and it may be a bit too early to guage how effective it will be. However, I am pleased to report that unlike some of the reviewers I did not find the injections to be painful. I just felt pressure and some discomfort when the fluid was injected but it was quickly over. And for that I thankful. I'll report back after a month or so."

Achy Knee (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I had meniscus repair in December 2015. The doctor tore my hamstring during the process so I ended up in PT for 6 weeks. Within a couple of months I was walking 3 miles a day again. By the end of April my knee was swelling and painful. Had cortisone shots twice and they didn't help. Doctor recommended Euflexxa. I noticed a positive difference after the 1st and 2nd shot for a day or two at at time, both shots did not hurt. By the time I had the 3rd shot, it hurt so bad I cried and my husband had to carry me out of the dr. office. My knee has been like a cantaloupe ever since and my other joints are swelling and achy. Nothing positive has come from these shots for me. I'm scheduled now for a partial knee replacement this December."

Knee Dean (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I completed all 3 shots about 2 weeks ago. My knee is feeling so much better. I don't need my cane anymore. I went back to Exercise class this week and can do the standing exercises again. Very impressed!"

Pgh Ann (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "Bone on bone both knees. Retired RN 68 12hour shifts for 21 years really hard on the knees. Walked in to Orthopedic unable to put any weight on right leg without pain. After first injection pain was gone. Got #2 and #3 a week apart. No pain for two years!"

AndeeC June 9, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I have been in such severe pain with my knee for 1 year. I went to Arizona Sports Medicine in Scottsdale and had it drained 3 times, 4 cortizone shots with in 6 months and didn't help. Then I went to Dr Charles S Peterson at Arizona Sports Medicine in mesa. He is the best doctor I have ever been to. He listens to what is going on with you. He suggested I get the Euflexxa series of 3 shots. I was excited and ready to get my first shot. I got the first shot done. He puts a typical numbing on the surface then gives me the shot. Oh my it hurt only when he released the liquid from the suringe and I could barley walk out I was in tears.It calmed down. Then second shot felt great, then I will.get a third shot. It really works,, I'm on my feet"

Happy Sonja June 8, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "Had anaphlatic response after receiving g series of injections. Causing a life threatening experience and several days in hospital."

Moodo (taken for less than 1 month) June 1, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "Just had my first shot today... Did not hurt at all...I have had flu shots that hurt more. And I could feel the difference immediately. Very happy!"

Pgh Ann (taken for less than 1 month) May 17, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I had this before good experience.help lasted5 years the only problem I have is to get 3 injection that are very very painful. don't understand why they don't give a local before injection. Then I was getting silvist injection I love that because I only get one injection.my insurance company refused to pay for it. they are ........! I hope that one day they have to do this!. Sorry just my opinion. doctors need to take a stand against these evil cold insurance company who refused to treat the patent right instead of making them suffer .they aren't doctor's they know nothing about what I need .the people who run insurance companies have ice running thru their veins they are not human."

X May 2, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "Knee, loss of cartilage in both knees. Series 3 injections 1 wk apart. First lasted 12 months, second, same, now getting 3rd series. Works excellent. The use of Euflexxa has been excellent and continued to work well without pain for 12 months. This is my third series of injections."

Anonymous April 10, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "Was so hope it would help. If anything , my knee has steadily worsened."

Middledee February 24, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I had my first shots on 1-21-16 OMG did it hurt so bad lots of pressure but I got through it I felt amazing after couple hrs so glad to rid of that pain and ouch! I had second shots week later in both knees it was less pain this time went great. On Feb 9 I had my last shots no pain my knees feel great still on feb 17 :) I'm glad I did these series of euflexxa shots ! I couldn't even walk now wow I'm good hope they last long time;)"

dorarose February 18, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I am a 36 year old male police officer and avid outdoor enthusiast. I had my 2nd ACL surgery in 2012. I am very active and having constant knee pain was not an option. My doctor decided to try Orthovist injections to help with the arthritis. The Orthovist worked great. Unfortunately my insurance required my doctor to switch to Euflexxa. After my first injection I was in incredible pain. The second shot my knee swelled and the pain was unbearable. The third shot was even worse. I ran a fever, had nausea, headaches; basic flu like symptoms. I have read a lot of the reviews on this website. It seems like patients either have good results or results like mine. I want future patients to be aware of the potential risks."

johnmike527 February 10, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "I'm a 65 year old male and for 2 years I've delt with the OA in my right knee that made me think it was time for a knee replacement since I was told sometime back that it might be my next option. Went to the orthopedic doctor, took some X-rays and said he thought my pain was from a few bone spurs and OA and suggested we try the Euflexxa shots. My last shot was on the 5th of January and my knee feels great and now I can get my life back in order."

Nahmi January 30, 2016

For Osteoarthritis "First injection, almost fainted, severe headache and severe blood pressure increase. Second injection, severe headache and blood pressure increase,went to ER. I've had to go on blood pressure meds after injections four moths ago. My BP was normal to low prior to injections. I refused third knee injection."

Susan m January 13, 2016