User Reviews for Euflexxa

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Euflexxa.

Osteoarthritis
6.7

Summary of Euflexxa reviews 6.7 144 reviews

Reviews for Euflexxa

For Osteoarthritis "Knee pain causing me to wake during night and hurting when playing tennis and going up stairs. I had series of 3 shots 8 months ago and still am pain free."

Disapointed (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I have had all 3 series of shots and I have no relief from this injection I have been in worse pain wish I never did it they say it takes 6 weeks after the shots for you to feel better I don't understand I can't even sleep at night the pain is so unbearable what to do"

Andie.s December 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Osteoarthritis in both knees. I had a cortisone injection and it worked great but only lasted about eight weeks. It was too soon to receive another cortisone shot so Euflexxa was recommended by the PA. I received the three shots of Euflexxa over a three week period. This was a total waste of time and money as the shots provided no relief at all. It is my understanding that the insurance companies are going to discontinue covering this procedure in the very near future."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I had arthroscopic surgery on my left knee 2 years and 6 mo. ago. My orthopedist told me that I will eventually have to have a total knee. Since then , I have had 2 Euflexxa injections. I will be receiving another injection in 2 weeks. It has been 15 mo. since the last shot. I'm a retired Physical Therapist and do my exercises faithfully."

Ranta November 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Here is my Euflexxa story. I am 62 years old. I have always loved to play baseball. And now I play senior softball. And play in several tournaments a year. I have played senior softball for seven years now. At first everything was ok with my knees. I was able to run and field my position. As an infielder I put a lot of stress and torque on my knee every game, every week. But then 2014 I started having knee issues. The first time I had knee problems I walked around with a limp for 4 months. I went thought the usual knee remedies with the cortisone shots. But after 2 years the cortisone shots stopped working. Then after a 3 day, 9 game tournament. My knee acted up again. I limped around for 4 to 5 months. Then my doctor recommended EUFLEXXA to me. I hesitated at first. Then I received the Euflexxa shots in early 2017. And I was able to play the entire Senior softball season, with very little pain. I played in tournaments every other weekend from May to October. I even played in a 3 day tournament that included 8 games. I did have minor soreness after each tournament, but that only lasted a couple of days. I tell anyone who will listen about Euflexxa. And I know of several players have started checking into Euflexxa. In fact just received and answered an Email from an ex teammate about Euflexxa. And it was for his wife. So, thank you for making Euflexxa and I will keep on telling everyone about it."

Lil Steve-Senior Softball Play (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I have been getting the injections since around 2006, they are just now not working, have an appointment to go in, but the last series did not even last two months, I give it a 10, as from 2006-2017 I did not have to have a replacement, and I would do the same thing again."

GinnyMoore September 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I am 71 yrs old with bone on bone severe arthritis in right knee and arthritis left knee. Orthopedic surgeon suggested knee replacement three yrs ago. Started euflexxa injections at that time and now relatively pain free. Have the three shot treatment every 6 months. I walk 2 miles daily, do Zumba and strength training. Hopefully, I will never need knee replacement."

Old Lady 71 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "After 3 shots, the pain is worse. I think I have a injured ligament. Knee cap doesn't hurt. It hurts from above the knee going up my leg about 4 inches. One surgeon said, I need a knee cap replacement, yet the knee cap doesn't hurt. It's under the muscle going down my leg to the top left edge of the knee. The Euflexxa made the pain even worse. I'm not a good candidate for surgery, and I'm at a loss at what to do next."

Beth B. September 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I had this Euflexxa injection back in 2015, and it work excellence for me, haven't has to do any injection in my knees since. No swelling nor fluid since, yes I have recommended this injection to several of my friends, because it work for me."

Anonymous September 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I am a Certified Spin instructor and I currently take and/or teach 6 classes per week. Have done so for years and before that I was a high impact aerobics instructor which is where I probably did my damage. I also ride my road bike appx 50 miles a week. I suffer from OA and torn meniscus ( 2 places) in my left knee only. I had shot #1 and taught the same day. I immediately noticed a slight improvement with a feeling of increased stability. I no longer take Ibuprofen as needed which was usually only before spin classes. I have #2 tomorrow so I'm hoping for more improvement. BTW the shot easier than the Cortisone shot."

Gulfportcpa July 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I am 56 year old woman with knee osteoarthritis (in both knees) I get euflexxa injections every 6 months. They help me tremendously. By the time 5 months comes around, I can tell I'll be needing them soon. If it can buy me time with getting these two bad knees getting replaced, I am thankful! "

Ccbrat (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I am 76, a right handed tennis player with left knee pain around the knee cap and toward the inside of knee. I finished a series of 3 shots a couple of months ago and can report no improvement, in fact the last few weeks pain is worse."

Grandel (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "My knees were in so much pain that my doctor recommended me have euflexxa shots in both of my knees. I had my last injection, number 3, on June 16th and I have no improvement in my knees. This was very costly which I really could not afford and my knees are in just as much pain now as they were before I had the injections."

Cruser (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I have had this twice. The first last me almost 8 yrs before I needed 2nd injections and now over 7 yrs and still pain free I'm happy with that injections...works better than steroids and cortisone shots. Hardly any side effects"

Cheryl07 July 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I'm a 57 yr active male. Played sports through my life including year round ice hockey from age 35yrs to 50 yrs which is where I likely damaged both knees (medial meniscus). Had both knees repaired in 2014 and 2016. My right knee had very slight OA and hurts the most. I began running 30 miles/week only 3 months after my 2014 operation and just stopped my running about 3 weeks ago since the pain in my right knee is unbearable as it is difficult climbing and going down stairs plus I have a limp. My orthopedic surgeon suggested Euflexxa a few days ago and I requested both knees. So, now I am waiting 2-5 weeks to "order" with my insurance and expect to be healed/no pain after the 3rd week. Will keep all up to date."

AxSlash (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "First series of shot I received were over a year and a half ago. Just started shot again in both knees, hope they last a long or longer than the first series. Before Euflexxa I was treated with Synvisc which lasted only 5 months."

Ray3040 June 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I played tennis 5 times a week for over 25 years of my life. This and arthritis since age 13 destroyed my knee caps and caused my left knee to deteriorate to bone-on-bone and the bone marrow was bleeding out. I had the knee replaced and had a horrible recovery over 6 months and many months more for ankle and foot pain. Then my right knee became unbearable and I decided to go for the gel. I had my first injection last Monday and felt better within the same day. Walking was less painful, swelling around the knee went down, I could sleep at night. I am very happy with the results so far, got another injection today and I hope that this will continue. I am 75, had a new knee 12 yrs ago and hip replacement recently."

Annelor June 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Had my last of three injections in my left knee on June 2, 2017. I had about a week of minimal pain and some return of movement. Today, June 21, 2017, the pain is about twice as bad as before the injections and my knee is swelled up so bad it's hard to put on jeans. The swelling has also moved down to my ankle. My left ankle is twice the size of my right ankle. My doctor told me to come back in 6 weeks for a cortisone "booster" if I still felt pain. If I might need a "booster", why was this expensive trash recommended in the first place?"

Tmoney56 June 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I had torn meniscus surgeries x2 , then bone on bone in L knee and pain in R knee. Cortisone shots x2 no relief . Just finished Euflexxa x3 in both knees last week . Feel so much better can walk without cane , can sleep. Very happy so far. I'm only 55 and active so not being able to do a lot was hard"

RN mom of 2 (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "So far after 2 injections I see no difference. I am getting the third today. How long does it take to get results?"

Paluptak (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Had my last injection 5/19. Started out with a pain level of 2 and now it is 22. No exaggeration! It is the Memorial Day holiday so no chance of seeing the PA/MD. I found a pair of crutches in the closet that I find I must use. Even riding in the car on well-maintained roads is painful. The slightest bump is intolerable, so I must stay home. No heat, redness in joint. Do have one blue circular non-raised reaction near the ankle. Have had other injections in various joints without any problems. Not an allergy-prone person, but just might have to try Benadryl until I can see the provider."

Berrin May 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Osteoarthritis is part of my life in hips, shoulders, ankles, and most of all those knees. My knees are bone on bone and cortisone (not good for long term) is not long lasting. Noting the complications and side effects of total knee replacements, to say nothing of pain and rehab, I am not interested in giving up my golf and life for months. My Ortho Doc suggested Euflexxa a year ago and as a last resort, I agreed. I had my third week of injections yesterday and all I can say is that I have had a HUGE improvement. On a scale of 0-10, my pain was 9.9 and now I am at a minimal discomfort around a 3. Hoping it lasts for the full six months. It is wonderful to go up and down stairs forward rather than turning sideways."

GrandmaSchro (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "I have gone through 5 rounds of euflexxa injections the first couple pain returned in about 3 months then it went to 4 months and now this last time it last 6 months. I still have pain when walking or standing for I am bone on bone with both knees but it helps bring my pain from a 10 down to a 4-5 I'm so glad for the euflexxa it is better than the cortisone with its side effects"

Deb21 April 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Left knee arthroscopic clean up. Still bad. Steroid injection relief for couple months. Another injection with fluid removed and same. Can walk on even ground with little to no pain. Can not go up stairs still so try Euflexxa. After first of 3 shots I am in pain walking on even ground now. Worse. Back does not hurt, just knee on standing or walking. Don't know what surgeon will do about this. This knee looked salvageable so no replacement offered yet. Ironically, the other knee is totally bone on bone but has no pain. Was hoping to get thru summer without big surgery."

mmm2m8r (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis "Amazing how quickly my knee pain disappeared. I have mild osteo and have had pain for the last 6 months. I just had my third shot 5 days ago. Some days I still do wake up with ache in my knee and some nightime ache. For the most part its been great. Hope it lasts. I have gone back to normal activities ie tennis and eliptical at the gym. "

Old tennis lady (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2017