User Reviews for Euflexxa

Learn more about Euflexxa.

Osteoarthritis 116 reviews 350 medications

6.8
Summary of Euflexxa reviews 116 reviews 6.8

Reviews for Euflexxa

For Osteoarthritis "I had Supartz injections several years ago with good results. When I moved, the new Dr said Euflexxa had fewer side effects. This was certainly not the case for me. I was in constant pain and almost a cripple for 6 months. I couldn't walk up stairs, or do most of my normal activities. I spent most days on the couch with bags of ice on both knees. Cortizone was useless. There appears to be no treatment for this side effect. I am an active person, of normal weight. Both knees are still swollen, but the pain is better than it was. I read that it could be another 6 months before I feel better. I wouldn't recommend this medication to anyone. It's not worth the risk of losing 6 months of your life that you'll never get back."

AWF5 February 21, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "Had a Synvisc One shot about 2 years ago and experienced ZERO relief so I almost gave up on these types of injections. My right knee was hurting so bad that I had to reconsider. My new doctor told me that he has had the best experience with Euflexxa. This medication is a once per week injection for 3 weeks. I go in to get my first injection and the doctor told me to not expect much however, a day later, I could 100% feel a significant improvement in my knee. While my knee will never be 100%, I rate this product so high because my knee pain has reduced at least 60-70% which to me is a miracle. I have 2 more injections to go and on my last injection they will also be doing PRP therapy to my knee."

Mo1911 February 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "I had the first Euflexxa shot (both knees) 3 days ago. The left knee feels AMAZING already. Like Wow. The right one which has significantly more damage and has had 2 surgeries is bad... really, really bad. Since the shot, I can't put any weight on it at all. it feels full as if the fluid did not disperse. Disappointed because I really needed the pain gone in the right but I'm glad about the left. Hopefully next shots will be better."

MoxieDoll February 11, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "Don't bother wasting your time with Euflexxa. I have been diagnosed with moderate osteoarthritis and Euflexxa only made my condition worse. Now I am stuck with a sore back, I can hardly bend over, my limbs have no flexibility and are sore as heck. I don't get it. The treatment did not even come close to doing what is was described as. My doctor told me that the fluid only stays in your knee about two days and then it is gone. It is not described that way on the Euflexxa web site. It says it hardens into a gel then forms a cushion between your bones. My experience is that this is NOT true. And how much am I paying for this ??? Don't bother spending your money on Euflexxa. Your money is better spent on a partial or full knee replacement."

Serious Runner February 8, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "I'm 44 and have Osteoarthritis in both knees with bakers cysts. Was told due to my age to try this as opposed to more drastic measures.. First shot was about equivalent to getting a cortisone shot in my knees, pressure but bearable uncomfort. A little sore the next day, week 2 & 3 about he same. Now I did just get a cortisone shot 2 weeks before starting the Euflexxa but I figure now I am about 10% of the pain I was feeling prior. I hope it's the Euflexxa and not the. Cortisone masking it. Knees feel better every day and still pop here and there. But movement is dramatically better. 6 weeks since my first shot and I'm impressed and happy with my decision"

CJM65 February 3, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "Euflexxa was a waste of my time. I had 3 injections, one every week. I did have some relief from the pain but I still have pain some days worse than others. It's been 3 months now and I have to do something else. I had the synvisc about 8 years ago and that worked good till now its starting to hurt so I am now in a pickle with both knees. Problem with synvisc is that is horrific pain going in. But it only takes a short time. I would rather endure that pain and have it help and eventually be pain free than this Euflexxa that only little relief. I still have to take over the counter pain meds to my disappointment. But I try to take them every other day."

Mac72 January 31, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "I have been receiving Euflexa injections in my right knee after torn meniscus surgery every six months for two years with excellent results. I was walking two miles a day until I injured my left knee in a fall in November. I'm recuperating from torn meniscus surgery two weeks ago and will begin receiving Euflexa injections in that knee, too, in six months."

Healthy Knee (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 27, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "I'm a 45 year old female with osteoarthritis in the left knee and torn ACL. I received my 1st of 3 Euflexxa shots today. The shot was virtually painless! 5 hrs later I still feel pressure (though not painful) It's a weird sensation while walking, like something is stuck in your knee. I'll update again in a few days."

Rocky Oracle (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "I had my first injection yesterday. The P.A. sprayed a lot of an anesthetic spray first, so much that it leaked down my leg. I did not feel the injection going in or out! At night, I started feeling some relief, enough to make me think it had to be in my head, but not. Fortunetly this morning, I am still pain free and I don't hear the crrrr-crrrr noise as I climb stairs. I'll let you know what happens next week."

Lianys January 12, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "After 3 years of astounding results from Supartz, I had to miss injections due to having ObamaCare where my policy was not accepted by my Ortho MD for 15 months. Medicare is accepted and I returned for my semi-annual injection series wherein he told me he has seen slightly better results with Euflexxa. After the first injection, I noticed significant swelling associated with an increase in pain from zero to 3. After the second injection, the swelling had increased and pain worsened to a 6 with my inability to climb stairs. The third injection was followed by a steroid to help reduce the swelling and an infection was ruled out. I am now scheduled for an MRI. Supartz works, Euflexxa does not."

HBD December 29, 2016

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "was told I needed knee replacement on right knee, not bone on bone yet but close. Had my first injection 12/13/16. Injection was not painful because it was injected slowly as it is thick, only felt pressure as it was almost done. Second injection was a horror as person injecting just slammed whole thing in and I was in severe pain could hardly walk out of office. I just had my 3rd injection yesterday and person who gave me first injection did it with no pain. I have felt no real pain in my knee since 1st injection so far. Dr said theres 6cc's of fluid that is now in joint so it may feel like your walking on a bubble. My issue is I'm having very bad back pain which I'm not sure if that is related to injection or not."

Sandradee919 December 29, 2016

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "After a year of cortisone shots doc recommended the euflexxa shots 3 over 3 wks it been 4 weeks since the shots and I'm still waiting for some relief. My doc told me it could take 2 to 3 weeks to see the difference. Now I been reading some people said they felt better after 6 wks so will wait and see I have a small tear in my mcl I might have to have fix maybe to feel the difference.I would appreciate any feedback."

jeorr December 14, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "I have never experienced such pain or debilitation in all of my life. It has been three weeks, and I am still limping. I cannot sit, stand, or walk for any length of time. Had I known this level of pain was a possible side effect, I would not have used the drug. This goes beyond the usual injection site redness, this goes into swelling of the knee joint, pain up and down the leg, as well as the leg is feverish. If anyone ever asks me about this or any other type of injection using this formula, I will tell them to really make sure there aren't other options before risking this kind of pain."

camjet (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "Despite the reviews I read about Euflexxa, I received my first injection on yesterday. I was scared at first but I did it anyway. I have an excellent doctor. He explain everything before the injections. He said I would feel the initial stick and then pressure from the medicine going in. He also said I might have swelling, and pain at the injection site on the next day. I am please to report not only did I not feel the pressure. I did not have any pain or swelling at the injection site on the next day. When I woke up I had zero pain in my knee. I am glad I decided to get this injection. I can't wait to see what the second injection will make me feel like."

alylesmoney December 3, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "Had Total Knee on Left, Supartz and other shots did not work. Right Knee is worse then left and My Dr.suggested Euflexxa. Fairly new on market, at least since my previous TKR. By the second shot, pain begin to alleviate noticably. And after 3rd shot, even better. I am know in my 3rd year and about to get shot 3. Amazing results from Euflexxa. They relief lasts 11-12 months. Mr Dr. is pleased, especially since my X-rays show the degeneration has worsened. I am currently 68 yrs old. I wish Euflexxa was around when I had my TKR on the left knee. Now, only if I could get them in my shoulders. OA is progessing there also."

Just another Joe November 12, 2016

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "I had injections Jan 2015 in knee where I previously tore the cartilige and had it debrided. Degeneration is bad but I'm too young for knee replacement and really don't want it. I had several steriod shots prior and they worked but very limited time. It did take some time for the Euflexxa to "kick in". I think it was about a month before I kind of stopped noticing my knee. It's now Oct 2016 and I'm just now noticing my knee again because I have degenerative problems in all my joints and now it's the spine. The physical therapy is putting a strain on my knees (leg press, quad stretches) so now it's owie again. Until now I've been able to cycle daily about 10 miles without too much problem unless we are talking steep hill."

Surprisingly good results (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 27, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "I've had all three injections of Euflexxa and my pain is no different. The pain in my knee is so severe I'm in tears some of the time, it's almost unbearable. I was hoping this medicine would help me postpone knee surgery, but it looks like that is now my only option. I had very high expectations for this treatment, I have several friends who had completely successful results. So very disappointed! The money spent was totally wasted."

Dee Ann Bee October 15, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "At this writing - Ive had Euflexxa shots 3 times over the last 2 years . The 1st time the shots lasted about 6 months - the 2nd about 3 .Was going to have a Total Knee reconstruction - but thought to try the shots one last time . Day after the 2nd round my right knee was so stiff that I could barely walk - and that had been the lesser of the 2 ! The 3rd round of shots were put off an extra week to let the knee settle . After 2 weeks of the 3 shots both knees are just now starting to feel better and fairly pre arthritis normal . How long this round of Euflexxa lasts Ive no idea - different results , different people ,different times .The 1st 2 times Im glad to have had the shots - 3rd I almost wish Id not done and just had the inevitable surgery"

GabrielJohn October 6, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "Got my 1st shot yesterday. Wasn't as bad as a flu shot. I have had symvist shots before with a different Dr that were so painful (but they helped) but I have had other shots from him that were also very painful, I just think some Drs are worse than others at giving shots.So far so good today. See what next week shot #2 brings.I think there could be a major difference in how it goes for some people depending on how severe the bone on bone is.My right knee isn't too bad so I went with the shots, my left knee is too far gone to even try so I will be looking at a replacement soon.By the way there was an elderly (near 100) woman getting one before me who said it was a breeze too, so I was glad to hear it wasn't painful for her. Good health all"

Llr1950 (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "I had my last injection 2 weeks ago(series of 3) I feel no change. I still have pain, hard to walk, go up and down stairs. Dr. said it will take a while for it to work. How long is awhile? He said they can repeat the procedure after 6 months. He has said I will need a knee replacement so why waste time and money getting the shots when they do not help. I should have went for the replacement vs shots and still having pain. I had part of meniscus removed and dr said the arthritis is really bad now in my knee and no more cartilage left."

Tammiann61 (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "I go for my 3rd injection tomorrow of the Euflexa, but so far have only noticed my knee pain getting worse. My Dr. Said it can take up to 6 weeks after last injection to notice any relief. I know each person is different, however for me, I am in more pain then before I started these. I have been bone on bone in my right knee for over 2 years and I am really hoping for some relief in the next few weeks, as my only other option is total knee replacement."

Macord292929 September 14, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "I had my meniscus repaired last November after a fall the previous year. I had tried physical therapy, ice, heat, celebrex for 9 months.I have arthritis which is extremely painful. I received first cortisone shot which gave me wonderful relief for 6 weeks. Pain worsened so I needed to have knee drained on three separate occasions and more cortisone shots. My knee is still very swollen at least twice the size of my other one. I got Euflexxa shots over 3 week period. They were painful when administered. I experienced nausea and a headache after each shot approximately thirty minutes after injection.I didn't have any relief unfortunately. My surgeon feels it's time for knee replacement. I am happy for those who report success."

Mia 47 September 9, 2016

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "I had two injections in the right knee without pain. The third injection was so painful I nearly jumped. The dr who gives me the injection is a physiatrist and she gives it as you are sitting on the exam with your leg hanging down. I started the left knee thinking I wouldn't have pain for the first two injections like the other knee. OMG! The pain was so horrendous and Instarted to cry. I wanted to yank the needle out of her hand. The needle going in is not an issue. It's the injecting if the serum. THAT is crippling. It's like having surgery without anesthesia. I had to keep ice in it for the next 45 mins, what I didn't know is that after these injections and trigger shots, you should have a massage afterwards to move the medication around"

Medavinci (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2016

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "I have had the series of three shots and am not feeling better. I felt better after the first shot but now I'm feeling the same old way. It hurts to climb or descend stairs, walking for prolonged periods hurts, my knees still hurt. Is there a time frame for the injections to talk hold and you feel better?"

Justwannawalk (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Osteoarthritis "Had scope on right knee 30 years ago. Meniscus tears in left knee and pains in right knee now. Cortisone for right knee did nothing so three shots of euflexxa with no pains followed. Surgery for left knee. After almost four months right knee has just stiffened without warning. Came to this site looking for answers."

uncle bill August 29, 2016