User Reviews for Euflexxa

Osteoarthritis
6.5

Summary of Euflexxa reviews 6.5 170 reviews

Reviews for Euflexxa

For Osteoarthritis "I'm about to have my third year of Euflexxa shots. I'm 64 and am very active. I have OA and Synivitis in my knees. I generally work out 5 days a week. These injections have given me complete relief for 7-9 months every year I have had them."

Jazzerguy October 3, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "My doctor recommended euflexxa as he believed it would last longer than the injections he was given me previously. A few days after the second injection I started experiencing extreme pain in my knee and lower back. So severe at times I couldn't walk. I told my doctor and he suggested we wait an extra week before the third injection to see if the pain went away. He thought maybe it was the way he injected it. I had the third shot and the same thing happened. Two days after the injection I was in such severe pain again, my knee and my lower back. I again reported it to my doctor. I will not have this injection again. It is now two weeks after my injection and I still have the pain."

Chris (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "Had three shots for knee osteoarthritis starting 6 weeks ago. No relief, only increased stiffness and pain, especially after 3rd shot. My injections were done blind. I would like more info on the review where the injections were administered by a radiologist."

Jersey jack September 30, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "Severe swelling in right leg. Swelling of right eye and headache on same side. Pain prevented mobility."

Sharon (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "Euflexxa gave me about 65% relief for 30 days, after that the pain was back just as before. I would not recommend this product. I had 3 shots and it was just a waste of money."

Phil (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I love Euflexxa! I've had 5 rounds of it over 5 years. Yes, I'm bone on bone, but still have a bit of space in my knee joint for the medication to get in and be useful. Since I've had 2 orthopods tell me that studies show that knee injections done blind only actually get in the joint space 2 out of 3 times (despite the claimed skill of the doctor in doing injections) I have the Euflexxa injected under floroscopy by a radiologist to be sure the medication goes to the correct space (my husband is a radiologist who suggested it this way if I wanted to be sure). Euflexxa is the difference between me being able to walk (limp) 20 feet in severe pain, and me being able to walk for long distances for many hours WITHOUT pain. I'm not ready for knee replacement mentally and this is a wonderful thing. I've never had any reaction and find pain subsides after the 2nd injection and lasts fully for 6 months and then I start hurting again and need another round at about 8 to 10 months out."

vica (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 4, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "In March, I started to experience pain after a day of ladder use. Thought it would go away. I had never had knee problems before this. After limping around for several months , I went to ortho Dr. I now believe it was tendonitis and not osteoporosis . I regret this decision for euflexxa . I am in more pain than I have ever experienced, including torn rotator and several abdominal surgeries."

Golfer (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I had my first treatment 7 month ago and have had significant improvement in my right knee. The benefit has diminished over the last two months - about to line up for second treatment. For me, 6 month intervals look about right"

RobG (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 25, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I had my 3rd injection of Euflexxa three weeks ago and the knee is still the same. Very disappointed in having no relief."

davey (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "Euflexxa is awsome. I had my first round of Euflexxa last winter had a good winter. My dr said they would last 6 months and they did started my 2nd round yesterday looking forward to the rest of the summer with no pain. When you get these injections you can’t sit around wait for them to work you have to get up and move so the knees don’t get stiff and sore. Had the first injections yesterday and feel good today"

Lin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 26, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I’m a 43-year-old female with a Osteoarthritis I’ve had my third injection Euflexxa shot today. I have not gotten any better if anything I'm worse off. I've been off work for weeks on FMLA leave (Family and Medical Leave Act ) I pray this takes effect soon. I’ve always been a go-getter and I feel so trapped having to walk slow deal with the pain and that could be unbearable at times. I take nothing for pain, the doctor gives me nothing for pain. I can’t take NSAIDs due to my G.I. Issues and my blood pressure is high at nighttime. It’s horrible I’m just trying to find a way to live with this the best way I know how. I’ll take any suggestions. I’m ready to get back to work, I wear a brace when I am at work, I need my pain controlled before my blood pressure becomes a REAL problem."

Exhausted (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "This is my second year of getting euflexxa injections. They have worked very well for me. I am bone on bone osteoarthritis (also bad hips, shoulders, left ankle, and thumb} and can’t even imagine multiple joint replacements surgery in mid 70s. I knew it was time for another round last month when I could barely walk with a cane in bad pain.. Third injection yesterday and today I golfed. I have found that icing both knees a few times a day for a few days after injections works well. I am very grateful for the good days I have because of euflexxa.."

Grandma Schro (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 18, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "3 injections. The 1st not much change. The 2nd a little better. The 3rd hurt and was painful but after all was settled and done my pain was alleviated a great deal. I'm a 49 female with bone to bone arthritis and could barely walk. Now I'm good I noticed as time has passed Im a lot more active and now Im starting to go to the gym to loss weight and strengthen the muscles that support my knees that way when the Eufflexa wears off I will be better to manage my pain. I am one month down with my shots and its a 70/30 so I'm very happy with it. My doctor did state that since I am bone on bone that I had a 50/50 chance of it working or not. Well grateful to say it works. Keep you posted in another few months! Great results so far."

Kimberly (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "Did 3 rounds of Synvisc, with NO success! Doc pushed forward for Euflexxa. What happens to the fluid when it is not accepted by your knees? I know..lymphodema!!!"

Earth Angel (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I have had 3 injections of Euflexxa in both knees in a 2 year period. (Each treatment lasted approx 9 mos.) after each injection I experienced swelling some discomfort for approx 3 days but rest and ice took care of it. 2 weeks after 3rd injection both times I could return to walking, climbing steps and riding my bike with no mobility issues or pain. I was so happy to have Euflexxa. knee replacement is not an option for me due to a blood clotting disorder. Last week I went in for my 1st injection in year 3. 12 hours after injections I presented with pain, severe headaches, nausea, fever (100,8-101.6) chills, aches . I contacted the Dr who said I was having a reaction to Euflexxa. the other 6 injections never did this. I am going on my 4th day of terrible side effects and have no idea how long this will last. The Dr cancelled my future injections. Before you try, question your Dr on side effects and if you are high risk for allergic reaction. It is not worth the risk."

DebH April 16, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "Worst pain ever after the 3 rd injection. Never again! Was better off prior to injections."

Dixie April 12, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I had 4 injections of Hyalgan injections 7 years ago which caused me great pain. I refused the 5th injection because I could barely walk. Dr. recommended the Euflexxa because he said this was a different formula. I had the 3 injections, a week apart. For about a month, my knee felt better. Now it has been 8 months and I think this stuff is leaking out from the bottom of the kneecap. When that happens, I can barely walk. Pain and swelling are getting worse. Dr's PA asked if I was ready for more Euflexxa injections. I refused. No more!! Now, I don't know what to do."

Irene (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 28, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "This has been a miracle for me. After 40 years as a nurse, the last 10 in misery, I have had complete and total relief. It’s been 7 months now, has changed my life for the better."

Becky (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 26, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I have a wonderful experience with Euflexxa, give me my life back, just now my Humana insurance do not want to pay for it and telling me that Euflexxa is not for osteoarthritis, they can not be more wrong, maybe their family does not have my condition."

Mati (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 12, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "First injection on Friday. No pain. Could walk o k. Next day real pain to walk. Scale 1-10 (9) . Iced down and took Ibuprophen for pain. Most pain when trying to walk.. Now it's been 6 days and I've cancelled my scheduled 2 injections. I wonder if I will get back to where I was before the shot? I'm 83 female healthy ( retired nurse) I live alone and it's painful to get around. I read the success stories and wonder what went wrong for me? I also have a sore throats and joints ache and am more easily annoyed with my little dogs I've noticed. I wasn't advised any pain like this may happen. I believe it should have been."

Jean savage February 22, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "Week three, third injection one week ago today, so far left knee is responding well, right knee is still painful at times. But my right knee is bone on bone with spurs. The PA said don't expect results until two weeks after the third injection. The pain comes and goes in my right knee. When my right knee acts up or if I am going to be very active I wear a hinged brace. I am not expecting miracles just some relief."

skyhog February 15, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I'm 69, was very active and still working part time. I had a torn meniscus in the L knee, treated with cortisone shots for the pain. In Oct, I had an arthroscopy which revealed bone on bone in the knee. I need a knee replacement, but timing is not convenient now. I decided to try the Euflexxa shots, since I received Suparz ( in my R knee yrs ago and it was effective.( By the 3rd shot I could see a difference.) I've received 2 shots of Euflexxa so far, last one is due in a few days. As of yet I see no difference. Actually, I have more discomfort! This is very discouraging as I was a very active person, walking 2-3 miles a day and going to the gym 3-4 times a week. I can now barely do the stairs or my usual household chores or shopping. I did this regime as a "hail Mary" effort to give me some relief for a few months until my surgery could be scheduled. I'm not holding out any hope after reading so many testimonials similar to mine. Just wish in a few weeks I have some relief. I"

Lukie68 (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I had Euflexxa injection twice in both of my knees. I find this injection very effective. I had one in May of 2017 and I am still pain free. I had one prior to that and it laster almost two years. I find this very helpful."

Unable to come up with one January 25, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I just started my third series with great success so far. Each series has last 2 to 2-1/2 years each time before the pain comes back. First doctor didn't use a lidocaine shot first and the second doctor did. I really couldn't tell the difference. The shots don't hurt just feel a little pressure from the liquid. I pray they keep lasting this ling because I am usually pain free for at least two years."

Adamp961 January 18, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I took all three shots of euflexxa about 10 weeks ago. The shots itself were somewhat painful however tolerable. I have not experienced any relief from the pain from having had the shots done. I still have lots of swelling in my knee and I'm limping even more."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2018