User Reviews for Euflexxa

Osteoarthritis
6.4

Summary of Euflexxa reviews 6.4 180 reviews

Reviews for Euflexxa

For Osteoarthritis "I am bone on bone in both knees and decided to get the euflexxa injections to buy some time before having one replacement. I had the series of 3 on injections in October and I have had worsening pain each day since the last shots. It is now almost February and my knees have never been worse. I have pain from above my knees to my ankles. My knees feel like they are filled with cement. I used to walk about 3 miles several days per week and now I can barely walk a block. I can't get out of a seated position without having something to help pull me up and using the bathroom is a nightmare. Instead of improvement, I am getting worse daily. I would be very happy to be back at my pain level before these injections."

Samsgram (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2019

For Osteoarthritis "I’m 41 year old with bone on bone osteoporosis in both knees. Dr says my knees look like someone’s twice my age. I had the series of 3 Euflexxa injections in my right knee. They were pretty painful injections. The third being the most painful. But, here it is almost 4 weeks since the last injection and I’m in a worse condition than pre injections. I was hoping these were going to work but I’m here to say they’re just a waste of time & money. I do not recommend these injections and I not go through the pain again for no result."

Rae January 21, 2019

For Osteoarthritis "I am a 32 year old female, in good physical health, weight, etc. I have severe osteoarthritis and it is the worst case my orthopedic surgeon said he's ever seen in someone so young. I opted for the Euflexxa injections, 3 rounds, painful injections, supposed to feel a difference in 6 weeks, it has been 3 months and my knees feel much worse than they did before the injections. I'm sure that has helped other people with knee issues but for me it has done the opposite, my knees feel more weak then they ever have and are constantly painful."

Denali January 18, 2019

For Osteoarthritis "I have had the series of 3 injections two different times. It has definitely helped to reduce the dull ache and the inflammation. It seems to help me for 4 to 5 months and then the ache, pain and inflammation returns. It takes about a minute to receive the injection and I have had no side effects at all. I get relief beginning after the first injection. Not a wonder drug, but I would recommend trying it."

Richard (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 4, 2019

For Osteoarthritis "I had three injections about one week apart and I'm about three weeks past the last injection. I definitely have relief though certainly not 100%. It has taken the edge off my knee pain which was severe as I am bone on bone. I haven't had any side effects. My doctor hopes it will last six months and I will then be able to get another series of injections. I will be able to put off surgery if this continues to be successful. Cost of medication and injection $70 (each injection) after insurance which I consider well worth it."

yankeedoodle (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 24, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I used the Euflexxa injections for a couple of years and they were a complete lifesaver!!! When I went for what I thought was going to be another round, I was told when I got into the exam room that Priority Health will no longer cover it, and unless I wanted to pay out of pocket (thousands of dollars) I would have to go back to cortisone shots, which don't work at all for me. I'm so sad.... I've had tons of knee pain in both knees since I had to stop the Euflexxa and now my doctor is recommending knee replacements in both knees. Shame on you, PRIORITY HEALTH!!!!!!!!! Insurance companies make me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They'd rather pay for a knee replacements than a relatively inexpensive drug that works!!!!????? It makes no sense.... and the impact on people's lives when they have to have major surgery is just unnecessary.......... Cover the drugs, please!!!!!!!!!"

Michigan December 9, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I moved to a new state so I had to change Doctors. I previously was getting Orthovisc shots a series of 4 , which worked great for me! But for some reason the new Doctor could not get Orthovisc and suggested Euflexxa. I had the three Euflexxa injection in October and now two weeks after receiving them I am experiencing locking knee, and knee buckling while walking . May need steroid injection now. I usually walk 2 miles a day . I’m going to fight for what worked for me so disappointed!"

Hazel eyed (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I’m a 40 year old former college level athlete. I have a blueberry sized defect in my cartilage on my left knee and severe chondromalacia. When I try to run, squat or lunge I have a severe sharp stabbing pain deep in my left knee. I did physical therapy for a year and took NSAIDS. I had the first of three Euflexxa injections today. The knee feels funny. Like the knee cap doesn’t know what to do. I have a limp I can’t get rid of. No real pain just a fullness in the knee especially under the knee cap. Doc said I have a tiny knee joint. I’m hoping that means I only need this one shot or only 2 shots cause I hate the idea of all this. Three surgeons disagree on surgery. One says OATS, one says chondroplasty the other says lateral release. Praying this stuff works!"

Kim q (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "After 3rd shot I feel worse off than before. May need to get a steroid shot. Stiff, sore from my calf all the way to lower hip. Dr says 12 weeks. really????"

Travelbear (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I had a series of 3 injections of Euflexxa by recommendation of my dr. After the third one I was told I wouldn’t see any improvement for about a month after. That month came and went and I was in worse shape than before. I had more pain, stiffness, and general discomfort. These injections were done blind and when I asked for a follow up I was told to seek another dr as there was nothing more they could do for me."

Hannah (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I'm about to have my third year of Euflexxa shots. I'm 64 and am very active. I have OA and Synivitis in my knees. I generally work out 5 days a week. These injections have given me complete relief for 7-9 months every year I have had them."

Jazzerguy October 3, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "My doctor recommended euflexxa as he believed it would last longer than the injections he was given me previously. A few days after the second injection I started experiencing extreme pain in my knee and lower back. So severe at times I couldn't walk. I told my doctor and he suggested we wait an extra week before the third injection to see if the pain went away. He thought maybe it was the way he injected it. I had the third shot and the same thing happened. Two days after the injection I was in such severe pain again, my knee and my lower back. I again reported it to my doctor. I will not have this injection again. It is now two weeks after my injection and I still have the pain."

Chris (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "Had three shots for knee osteoarthritis starting 6 weeks ago. No relief, only increased stiffness and pain, especially after 3rd shot. My injections were done blind. I would like more info on the review where the injections were administered by a radiologist."

Jersey jack September 30, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "Severe swelling in right leg. Swelling of right eye and headache on same side. Pain prevented mobility."

Sharon (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "Euflexxa gave me about 65% relief for 30 days, after that the pain was back just as before. I would not recommend this product. I had 3 shots and it was just a waste of money."

Phil (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I love Euflexxa! I've had 5 rounds of it over 5 years. Yes, I'm bone on bone, but still have a bit of space in my knee joint for the medication to get in and be useful. Since I've had 2 orthopods tell me that studies show that knee injections done blind only actually get in the joint space 2 out of 3 times (despite the claimed skill of the doctor in doing injections) I have the Euflexxa injected under floroscopy by a radiologist to be sure the medication goes to the correct space (my husband is a radiologist who suggested it this way if I wanted to be sure). Euflexxa is the difference between me being able to walk (limp) 20 feet in severe pain, and me being able to walk for long distances for many hours WITHOUT pain. I'm not ready for knee replacement mentally and this is a wonderful thing. I've never had any reaction and find pain subsides after the 2nd injection and lasts fully for 6 months and then I start hurting again and need another round at about 8 to 10 months out."

vica (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 4, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "In March, I started to experience pain after a day of ladder use. Thought it would go away. I had never had knee problems before this. After limping around for several months , I went to ortho Dr. I now believe it was tendonitis and not osteoporosis . I regret this decision for euflexxa . I am in more pain than I have ever experienced, including torn rotator and several abdominal surgeries."

Golfer (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I had my first treatment 7 month ago and have had significant improvement in my right knee. The benefit has diminished over the last two months - about to line up for second treatment. For me, 6 month intervals look about right"

RobG (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 25, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I had my 3rd injection of Euflexxa three weeks ago and the knee is still the same. Very disappointed in having no relief."

davey (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "Euflexxa is awsome. I had my first round of Euflexxa last winter had a good winter. My dr said they would last 6 months and they did started my 2nd round yesterday looking forward to the rest of the summer with no pain. When you get these injections you can’t sit around wait for them to work you have to get up and move so the knees don’t get stiff and sore. Had the first injections yesterday and feel good today"

Lin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 26, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I’m a 43-year-old female with a Osteoarthritis I’ve had my third injection Euflexxa shot today. I have not gotten any better if anything I'm worse off. I've been off work for weeks on FMLA leave (Family and Medical Leave Act ) I pray this takes effect soon. I’ve always been a go-getter and I feel so trapped having to walk slow deal with the pain and that could be unbearable at times. I take nothing for pain, the doctor gives me nothing for pain. I can’t take NSAIDs due to my G.I. Issues and my blood pressure is high at nighttime. It’s horrible I’m just trying to find a way to live with this the best way I know how. I’ll take any suggestions. I’m ready to get back to work, I wear a brace when I am at work, I need my pain controlled before my blood pressure becomes a REAL problem."

Exhausted (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "This is my second year of getting euflexxa injections. They have worked very well for me. I am bone on bone osteoarthritis (also bad hips, shoulders, left ankle, and thumb} and can’t even imagine multiple joint replacements surgery in mid 70s. I knew it was time for another round last month when I could barely walk with a cane in bad pain.. Third injection yesterday and today I golfed. I have found that icing both knees a few times a day for a few days after injections works well. I am very grateful for the good days I have because of euflexxa.."

Grandma Schro (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 18, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "3 injections. The 1st not much change. The 2nd a little better. The 3rd hurt and was painful but after all was settled and done my pain was alleviated a great deal. I'm a 49 female with bone to bone arthritis and could barely walk. Now I'm good I noticed as time has passed Im a lot more active and now Im starting to go to the gym to loss weight and strengthen the muscles that support my knees that way when the Eufflexa wears off I will be better to manage my pain. I am one month down with my shots and its a 70/30 so I'm very happy with it. My doctor did state that since I am bone on bone that I had a 50/50 chance of it working or not. Well grateful to say it works. Keep you posted in another few months! Great results so far."

Kimberly (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "Did 3 rounds of Synvisc, with NO success! Doc pushed forward for Euflexxa. What happens to the fluid when it is not accepted by your knees? I know..lymphodema!!!"

Earth Angel (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2018

For Osteoarthritis "I have had 3 injections of Euflexxa in both knees in a 2 year period. (Each treatment lasted approx 9 mos.) after each injection I experienced swelling some discomfort for approx 3 days but rest and ice took care of it. 2 weeks after 3rd injection both times I could return to walking, climbing steps and riding my bike with no mobility issues or pain. I was so happy to have Euflexxa. knee replacement is not an option for me due to a blood clotting disorder. Last week I went in for my 1st injection in year 3. 12 hours after injections I presented with pain, severe headaches, nausea, fever (100,8-101.6) chills, aches . I contacted the Dr who said I was having a reaction to Euflexxa. the other 6 injections never did this. I am going on my 4th day of terrible side effects and have no idea how long this will last. The Dr cancelled my future injections. Before you try, question your Dr on side effects and if you are high risk for allergic reaction. It is not worth the risk."

DebH April 16, 2018