User Reviews for Euflexxa

Learn more about Euflexxa.

Euflexxa Rating Summary

6.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 228 medications used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.

Reviews for Euflexxa to treat Osteoarthritis

"First series of shot I received were over a year and a half ago. Just started shot again in both knees, hope they last a long or longer than the first series. Before Euflexxa I was treated with Synvisc which lasted only 5 months."

Ray3040 June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I played tennis 5 times a week for over 25 years of my life. This and arthritis since age 13 destroyed my knee caps and caused my left knee to deteriorate to bone-on-bone and the bone marrow was bleeding out. I had the knee replaced and had a horrible recovery over 6 months and many months more for ankle and foot pain. Then my right knee became unbearable and I decided to go for the gel. I had my first injection last Monday and felt better within the same day. Walking was less painful, swelling around the knee went down, I could sleep at night. I am very happy with the results so far, got another injection today and I hope that this will continue. I am 75, had a new knee 12 yrs ago and hip replacement recently."

Annelor June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had my last of three injections in my left knee on June 2, 2017. I had about a week of minimal pain and some return of movement. Today, June 21, 2017, the pain is about twice as bad as before the injections and my knee is swelled up so bad it's hard to put on jeans. The swelling has also moved down to my ankle. My left ankle is twice the size of my right ankle. My doctor told me to come back in 6 weeks for a cortisone "booster" if I still felt pain. If I might need a "booster", why was this expensive trash recommended in the first place?"

Tmoney56 June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had torn meniscus surgeries x2 , then bone on bone in L knee and pain in R knee. Cortisone shots x2 no relief . Just finished Euflexxa x3 in both knees last week . Feel so much better can walk without cane , can sleep. Very happy so far. I'm only 55 and active so not being able to do a lot was hard"

RN mom of 2 (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"So far after 2 injections I see no difference. I am getting the third today. How long does it take to get results?"

Paluptak (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had my last injection 5/19. Started out with a pain level of 2 and now it is 22. No exaggeration! It is the Memorial Day holiday so no chance of seeing the PA/MD. I found a pair of crutches in the closet that I find I must use. Even riding in the car on well-maintained roads is painful. The slightest bump is intolerable, so I must stay home. No heat, redness in joint. Do have one blue circular non-raised reaction near the ankle. Have had other injections in various joints without any problems. Not an allergy-prone person, but just might have to try Benadryl until I can see the provider."

Berrin May 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Osteoarthritis is part of my life in hips, shoulders, ankles, and most of all those knees. My knees are bone on bone and cortisone (not good for long term) is not long lasting. Noting the complications and side effects of total knee replacements, to say nothing of pain and rehab, I am not interested in giving up my golf and life for months. My Ortho Doc suggested Euflexxa a year ago and as a last resort, I agreed. I had my third week of injections yesterday and all I can say is that I have had a HUGE improvement. On a scale of 0-10, my pain was 9.9 and now I am at a minimal discomfort around a 3. Hoping it lasts for the full six months. It is wonderful to go up and down stairs forward rather than turning sideways."

GrandmaSchro (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have gone through 5 rounds of euflexxa injections the first couple pain returned in about 3 months then it went to 4 months and now this last time it last 6 months. I still have pain when walking or standing for I am bone on bone with both knees but it helps bring my pain from a 10 down to a 4-5 I'm so glad for the euflexxa it is better than the cortisone with its side effects"

Deb21 April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Left knee arthroscopic clean up. Still bad. Steroid injection relief for couple months. Another injection with fluid removed and same. Can walk on even ground with little to no pain. Can not go up stairs still so try Euflexxa. After first of 3 shots I am in pain walking on even ground now. Worse. Back does not hurt, just knee on standing or walking. Don't know what surgeon will do about this. This knee looked salvageable so no replacement offered yet. Ironically, the other knee is totally bone on bone but has no pain. Was hoping to get thru summer without big surgery."

mmm2m8r (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Amazing how quickly my knee pain disappeared. I have mild osteo and have had pain for the last 6 months. I just had my third shot 5 days ago. Some days I still do wake up with ache in my knee and some nightime ache. For the most part its been great. Hope it lasts. I have gone back to normal activities ie tennis and eliptical at the gym. "

Old tennis lady (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I just received my last of 3 shots today. I'm in so much pain and I have a very important computer install tomorrow at a big company and I'm worried now. The first shot wan't so bad, the second was about the same, but within days after the second shot I started experiencing shooting pains all throughout my right knee. The pain progressed as the days went by. With the 3rd shot as soon as the dr. removed the needle from my knee I tried to bend my leg to roll down my pant leg and it felt like someone drove a screw right threw my knee. And the drive home was even worse. I had a similar experience with a cortisone shot a few years ago. I was told by the another physician that it might have been an allergic response to the meds."

JoeArna March 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Wonderful! I was told 5 years ago that I needed both knees replaced....not yet bone on bone. Hearing mixed results from friends who had replacements, I decided to wait until pain was unbearable. Started getting Euflexxa injections three years ago. Not totally pain free but so good I'm not even considering replacement at this time. Wow!"

Eightseys March 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'M 57 yrs old and suffer from moderate bilateral knee O/A. In Oct '16, I had to stop taking Cerebrex due to GI complications to NSAIDs. So, I opted to take Euflexxa injections for my knee pain instead of steroid shots due to a more "natural" treatment. Two Wednesdays ago, I had my first of Euflexxa shots, but the side effects were awful (unbearable knee pain for 4 days, chronic pain for 3 days, joint pressure). I searched on the Internet and found numerous reviews of people that experienced similar side effects. So this past Wednesday at my appt for the second set of Euflexxa shots, I explained my experience to the doctor and refused to continue the treatment. Euflexxa didn't work for me and left me more achy and very dissapointed."

TX277 (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had Supartz injections several years ago with good results. When I moved, the new Dr said Euflexxa had fewer side effects. This was certainly not the case for me. I was in constant pain and almost a cripple for 6 months. I couldn't walk up stairs, or do most of my normal activities. I spent most days on the couch with bags of ice on both knees. Cortizone was useless. There appears to be no treatment for this side effect. I am an active person, of normal weight. Both knees are still swollen, but the pain is better than it was. I read that it could be another 6 months before I feel better. I wouldn't recommend this medication to anyone. It's not worth the risk of losing 6 months of your life that you'll never get back."

AWF5 February 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Had a Synvisc One shot about 2 years ago and experienced ZERO relief so I almost gave up on these types of injections. My right knee was hurting so bad that I had to reconsider. My new doctor told me that he has had the best experience with Euflexxa. This medication is a once per week injection for 3 weeks. I go in to get my first injection and the doctor told me to not expect much however, a day later, I could 100% feel a significant improvement in my knee. While my knee will never be 100%, I rate this product so high because my knee pain has reduced at least 60-70% which to me is a miracle. I have 2 more injections to go and on my last injection they will also be doing PRP therapy to my knee."

Mo1911 February 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had the first Euflexxa shot (both knees) 3 days ago. The left knee feels AMAZING already. Like Wow. The right one which has significantly more damage and has had 2 surgeries is bad... really, really bad. Since the shot, I can't put any weight on it at all. it feels full as if the fluid did not disperse. Disappointed because I really needed the pain gone in the right but I'm glad about the left. Hopefully next shots will be better."

MoxieDoll February 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Don't bother wasting your time with Euflexxa. I have been diagnosed with moderate osteoarthritis and Euflexxa only made my condition worse. Now I am stuck with a sore back, I can hardly bend over, my limbs have no flexibility and are sore as heck. I don't get it. The treatment did not even come close to doing what is was described as. My doctor told me that the fluid only stays in your knee about two days and then it is gone. It is not described that way on the Euflexxa web site. It says it hardens into a gel then forms a cushion between your bones. My experience is that this is NOT true. And how much am I paying for this ??? Don't bother spending your money on Euflexxa. Your money is better spent on a partial or full knee replacement."

Serious Runner February 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm 44 and have Osteoarthritis in both knees with bakers cysts. Was told due to my age to try this as opposed to more drastic measures.. First shot was about equivalent to getting a cortisone shot in my knees, pressure but bearable uncomfort. A little sore the next day, week 2 & 3 about he same. Now I did just get a cortisone shot 2 weeks before starting the Euflexxa but I figure now I am about 10% of the pain I was feeling prior. I hope it's the Euflexxa and not the. Cortisone masking it. Knees feel better every day and still pop here and there. But movement is dramatically better. 6 weeks since my first shot and I'm impressed and happy with my decision"

CJM65 February 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Euflexxa was a waste of my time. I had 3 injections, one every week. I did have some relief from the pain but I still have pain some days worse than others. It's been 3 months now and I have to do something else. I had the synvisc about 8 years ago and that worked good till now its starting to hurt so I am now in a pickle with both knees. Problem with synvisc is that is horrific pain going in. But it only takes a short time. I would rather endure that pain and have it help and eventually be pain free than this Euflexxa that only little relief. I still have to take over the counter pain meds to my disappointment. But I try to take them every other day."

Mac72 January 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been receiving Euflexa injections in my right knee after torn meniscus surgery every six months for two years with excellent results. I was walking two miles a day until I injured my left knee in a fall in November. I'm recuperating from torn meniscus surgery two weeks ago and will begin receiving Euflexa injections in that knee, too, in six months."

Healthy Knee (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm a 45 year old female with osteoarthritis in the left knee and torn ACL. I received my 1st of 3 Euflexxa shots today. The shot was virtually painless! 5 hrs later I still feel pressure (though not painful) It's a weird sensation while walking, like something is stuck in your knee. I'll update again in a few days."

Rocky Oracle (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I had my first injection yesterday. The P.A. sprayed a lot of an anesthetic spray first, so much that it leaked down my leg. I did not feel the injection going in or out! At night, I started feeling some relief, enough to make me think it had to be in my head, but not. Fortunetly this morning, I am still pain free and I don't hear the crrrr-crrrr noise as I climb stairs. I'll let you know what happens next week."

Lianys January 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After 3 years of astounding results from Supartz, I had to miss injections due to having ObamaCare where my policy was not accepted by my Ortho MD for 15 months. Medicare is accepted and I returned for my semi-annual injection series wherein he told me he has seen slightly better results with Euflexxa. After the first injection, I noticed significant swelling associated with an increase in pain from zero to 3. After the second injection, the swelling had increased and pain worsened to a 6 with my inability to climb stairs. The third injection was followed by a steroid to help reduce the swelling and an infection was ruled out. I am now scheduled for an MRI. Supartz works, Euflexxa does not."

HBD December 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"was told I needed knee replacement on right knee, not bone on bone yet but close. Had my first injection 12/13/16. Injection was not painful because it was injected slowly as it is thick, only felt pressure as it was almost done. Second injection was a horror as person injecting just slammed whole thing in and I was in severe pain could hardly walk out of office. I just had my 3rd injection yesterday and person who gave me first injection did it with no pain. I have felt no real pain in my knee since 1st injection so far. Dr said theres 6cc's of fluid that is now in joint so it may feel like your walking on a bubble. My issue is I'm having very bad back pain which I'm not sure if that is related to injection or not."

Sandradee919 December 29, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After a year of cortisone shots doc recommended the euflexxa shots 3 over 3 wks it been 4 weeks since the shots and I'm still waiting for some relief. My doc told me it could take 2 to 3 weeks to see the difference. Now I been reading some people said they felt better after 6 wks so will wait and see I have a small tear in my mcl I might have to have fix maybe to feel the difference.I would appreciate any feedback."

jeorr December 14, 2016