User Reviews for Euflexxa to treat Osteoarthritis

Euflexxa has an average rating of 6.3 out of 10 from a total of 204 ratings for the treatment of Osteoarthritis. 57% of reviewers reported a positive effect, while 32% reported a negative effect.

Euflexxa Rating Summary

6.3/10 average rating

Compare all 180 medications used in the treatment of Osteoarthritis.

Reviews for Euflexxa

gpod · Taken for 5 to 10 years February 10, 2020

“Had 3 left knee scopes. Both Dr's removed more cartilage & meniscus then they should have. Now have bone on bone & Osteoarthritis. Have been getting these Euflexxa shots for more than 5 years. Without the shots I would have had knee replacement 4 years ago. Please don't wait the sooner the better it will work. The pain of getting the shot is none to a sharp 5 second only pain. No side effects for me all positive. I tell people my knees go from coffee grinder sound to a Q ball on a pool table sound. Also since the shots got back water skiing & horse back riding. I'm 60 now.”

Dhf · Taken for 6 months to 1 year February 29, 2020

“I have have had 10+ years of increasing right knee pain and then the other knee started hurting. I had physical therapy, cortisone shots which stopped working, more therapy, knee scope, max dosage of pain meds... I just coped until the increasing pain prevented me from doing many activities. Last August I had the 3 shots in both knees with no change the first shot, better after the 2nd shot, 3rd shot painful but better than when I started. 6 weeks after the last shot, I noticed that 95% of my pain was completely gone! It's 7 months since the shots, I am sometimes stiff but mostly pain free. I never take pain meds. I am so glad I did these shots. I'm not cured, my knees are still 70, but I delayed knee replacement. I would highly recommend trying the shots.”

Pain Hater 2 September 24, 2014

“I have received knee shots with Euflexxa and Hylagan and Synvisic-One. they all worked well for me. I experienced a little discomfort walking the first 10 minutes after the injections. The Euflexxa felt like WD-40 being sprayed into my knees and worked well. It made my knees feel very lubricated with a bit of a bounce. The others seemed to give a bit more cushion within the knees but with less lubrication. I would recommend Euflexxa to anyone that does not have an allergic reaction to it. Six to twelve months of relief. Greatly satisfied with the product and Insurance covered all of the price except the doctors up front office visit co-pay.”

Ex Pro-Athlete · Taken for 1 to 2 years March 5, 2014

“I'm a 60 year-old male and active tennis player that is almost bone-on-bone in both knees. My orthopedist has recommended replacements. I opted to try Euflexxa. I had both knees injected in April of 2013 and again 7 months later. Both procedures have given me amazing relief. My doc lowered my expectations on the first round, so I didn't have high hopes. I was more that pleasantly surprised! Without these shots, I would be facing immediate surgery. I endorse Euflexxa highly. I did learn a trick: Ice your knee(s) 30 minutes BEFORE the injection! I had close to zero injection pain as a result. Also, ice afterwards to reduce inflammation. Good luck all...”

Masik March 4, 2021

“After first injection it was very painful. Doctor told me I have to tell come to second injection. Now after third injection I can’t walk, terrible pain. What kind of experiment they did? What I have to do now?”

Sandi · Taken for 5 to 10 years September 2, 2019

“Started Euflexxa over 5 yrs ago for bone on bone in both knees. Have series of three weekly injections twice a year. I walk every day and do Zumba twice a week. I have absolutely no pain with the injections (my doctor knows what he is doing) and have been relatively pain free. I am a 73 yr old female.”

Brenda December 23, 2019

“I am 55 years old--used to ski moguls and ran long distance races---had bilateral arthroplasties 8 years ago for severe osteoarthritis. I work hard to stay active and have lost 35 pounds in the last year eliminating dairy and sugar from diet. Now weigh in at 128 but knee pain was real! I opted to get Euflexxa injections to see if I could stave off bilateral knee replacements-- just got 3rd one today! I've had no problems with the injections and would dare say my pain right now is a zero out of 10!!!! I don't know how long this will last but for right now, I am a big advocate for Euflexxa injections! Everyone is different and you and your surgeon need to find what works for you!”

Dearie · Taken for 10 years or more January 8, 2021

“Using euflexxa about 10 years and has extremely helped my my bone-on-bone pain. In the beginning it lasted up to 2 years w/o pain. I get them every 6 months now or longer if I have no pain. Better than steroids. Never had side affects”

LeeAnne October 24, 2019

“I’m 53 and have bilateral OA I completed the 3 shot series of euflexxa and am 3 weeks out from the last injections. I am in worse pain and struggle to walk more now than before I started getting the injections. Daily life has become so different as even grocery shopping is difficult. If I stand or walk longer than 5 minutes I feel as though my knees are giving out on me completely. At the end of a day all I want to do is lay down because I can no longer stand to be on my feet causing my knees any more exhaustion. When you are desperate for relief you will try almost anything to find even 10% relief. After failed cortisone injections my doctor suggested euflexxa. He said “ you’re too young for replacement surgery “ at this point I want to be able to walk. My 72 year old mother walks and acts younger than I do. Come on all ready!!! Euflexxa a waste of money and the extra pain it has caused me is frustrating. Do NOT get get this!!”

Siwaoasis · Taken for less than 1 month July 17, 2014

“After years of increasing pain I finally decided to try Euflexxa. Why did I wait so long?? After first injection I had absolutely NO pain, no swelling, no adverse reactions of any kind. I've just completed my third injection and still no pain. I now know what it is like to walk without pain. Relief!”

person1 April 2, 2021

“This works for me-usually between 8 to 12 months. Relief has been quick-even after the first injection. I have had this (I think) 5 times. My knee is never perfect, but it significantly delays the inevitable progression of knee fixes---surgery to clean it up, knee replacement, etc. I started when I was 45 years old as bad knees run in the family. The injections can be somewhat painful and some are very painful--for a few moments at least. It is hard to voluntarily go in knowing it might be intense. BUT--- I can walk around and live a fairly normal life by suffering a bit. Well worth it. I'd be in a wheelchair without these things-so I can't complain.”

Johnny G · Taken for less than 1 month October 30, 2019

“I used Euflexxa for the first time in April 2019. Prior to that I always used Hyalgan which is the original form for this treatment and had very good results. I question my doctor on why he would want to change but he said it was a better treatment. Well, that was not the case. It was the worst thing I have ever done to my body. Within three weeks of my final injection my body went into systemic inflammatory response, I had an allergic reaction and developed something that is called poly myalgia. There is no question if Euflexxa caused the situation. Two months prior to getting the injections I had my blood work done and I was very healthy. One month after using Euflexxa, my inflammatory markers went through the roof. I was in bed for over two months. I have now been on steroids since July 2 and I'm getting better. I would stay away from that stuff.”

Kneemo April 30, 2015

“I'm about to start my third round of Euflexxa. I tried Synvisc-1 twice with great results but only lasting 4-6 months. My first round of Euflexxa lasted almost 15 months, and I was pain free most of that time. The second round was almost 18 months! No significant side effects, a little swelling and pain after shots, but not for long. I am very physically active; I teach or take Pilates 6 times a week, take yoga 3 times a week, and do deep water aerobics 3 times a week, in addition to walking my dogs twice a day. This medicine is a God send. I am hoping to avoid TKR for as long as possible and stay happily active as well.”

Sabrina · Taken for 1 to 6 months November 26, 2019

“I am over a week out from my 3rd shot of Euflexxa in my knee. Pain in knee continues to worsen each day to the point that I can barely walk. I know this is not normal, but doctor won't listen to my complaints about this drug. Wish I never did the shots. P.S. My doctor recommended Monovisc, but my stupid insurance company would only approve Euflexxa. Not sure where to go from here...hope this disaster isn't permanent.”

Kc · Taken for less than 1 month August 28, 2020

“This was my first Euflexxa injection out of a series of three. I see a lot of people saying their injections were painful, I'm just wondering that their doctor use an ultrasound machine and watch through a sonogram while injecting? Because my injection was painless completely I didn't even feel the needle, he used the machine to watch on the screen first the injected lidocaine, kept the needle in the joint unscrew the barrel and then put the new barrel with euflexxa on so I didn't have to be poked twice very gentle. But I'm a little concerned now hearing about all of these stories of pain after the injections I don't feel any after my first one .. I'm hoping that this works for me because the clicking and popping from the patella femur arthritis syndrome so bad and the stiffness and pain is unbearable...”

Godofsci · Taken for less than 1 month April 15, 2014

“I am a 62 yr old male who has played soccer up to the age of 44 when my knees stopped me. I have endured the pain from bone to bone osteoarthritis for over 16 yrs. The pain would be moderate sometimes and debilitating at other times. After my first shot of Euflexxa in both knees, 4 weeks ago I was amazed at how pain free I was walking around. I have just completed my 3rd shot and am still amazed. I am hoping to stave off TKR for as long as possible. Thanks to Euflexxa this will be a reality.”

johnmike527 February 10, 2016

“I am a 36 year old male police officer and avid outdoor enthusiast. I had my 2nd ACL surgery in 2012. I am very active and having constant knee pain was not an option. My doctor decided to try Orthovist injections to help with the arthritis. The Orthovist worked great. Unfortunately my insurance required my doctor to switch to Euflexxa. After my first injection I was in incredible pain. The second shot my knee swelled and the pain was unbearable. The third shot was even worse. I ran a fever, had nausea, headaches; basic flu like symptoms. I have read a lot of the reviews on this website. It seems like patients either have good results or results like mine. I want future patients to be aware of the potential risks.”

JanetDB · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 26, 2013

“Have had knee pain for going on 10 years. Got to the point I couldn't take it any more and went to an ortho doc. He said right knee total bone on bone osteoarthritis and left knee is following but not completely bone on bone yet. He suggested Euflexxa shots, saying only other treatment would be a partial knee replacement. I figured it wouldn't hurt. I had the shots in December, 2012. First shot, no difference. Second shot, seemed to feel better, 3rd shot no change. About a month after getting them my knees still hurt. Figured it didn't work. But now two months later, I can actually go up and down stairs with minimal pain. I can go shopping and as long as it isn't all day affair, I do fine. Didn't take pain away completely, but is better”

Jane June 6, 2019

“Had 3 injections of Euflexxa. The Ortho used ultrasound to assure placement of injection. This was a year ago I had first injection. After 2nd injection knee was 50 % better and 3 weeks after 3 rd pain was gone. I will do it again if pain returns”

Kat · Taken for 2 to 5 years April 1, 2021

“My first experience with eu-flex a was almost 2 years ago . It gave me the much needed pain relief and joint flexibility to continue with my passions of trail riding , backpacking in the mountains and canyons, down hill and x-country skiing . It also allowed me to sit for hours while paddling my kayak without knee stiffness and pain. As it is not a permanent solution, I did recently receive my 2nd series of 3 injections as the stiffness and creaky knee was starting to return. Already I feel great and have a wonderful oiled gate instead of a rusty creaky one. Thank you to all who helped developed this active life returning medication”

anonymous61 April 28, 2013

“I'm 61. Late last year, I began having very painful osteoarthritis in both knees. Dr. said I'm nowhere near bone on bone, but I could hardly move. I got cortisone shots which helped, but I still had pain and could hardly walk. I felt 100 years old. I just completed a series of Euflexxa and I am walking normally again! I have over 40 stairs in my house and I am so far back to normal! This has been a lifesaver. I thought I was permanently disabled but I'm walking with no pain.”

Buddy October 17, 2019

“I had such high hopes that these Euflexxa injections would work for me. Did absolutely nothing but waste my time Tip! If you are going to get these injections I recommend that you go to someone who uses the guided ultrasound for proper placement of the injection site . If I had know this before I went to my doctor, I would have requested the guided ultrasound”

TLP41 · Taken for less than 1 month November 4, 2014

“I am 41 years old and have osteoarthritis in both knees. I have tried everything from steroid injections, medications, and physical therapy without any long term relief. The steroid injections were really painful and didn't last, so I was very hesitant to try the Euflexxa. My Orthopedic Dr. gave me two choices (lubrication injections or arthroscopy). I knew that I didn't want the arthroscopy so I went for the Euflexxa. I was terrified but needed some relief. My first injection hurt a little and my knees were sore for a few hours. My second injection hurt a little more and was sore a little longer than the first time. I will have my third injection in 2 days and can't wait. I am so glad that I did it! My knee pain is very minimal.”

Califoria · Taken for 1 to 6 months June 8, 2014

“60 year old women with bone on bone and need TKR, however my doctor suggested Euflexxa saying I was too young for surgery. I am one and a half months out from my third injection. After the first injection I was able to sleep through the night without my knees locking, which was a huge improvement. My doctor said to take it easy for 48 hours after each injection and to ice four times a day. Right knee responded much better than the left, but I do have some pain relief in both knees. I started Physical Therapy 4 weeks prior to the injections and the doctor advised to continue as long as my insurance will pay. My doctor advised I will be at my optimum 3 months out from the third injection.”

Michigan December 9, 2018

“I used the Euflexxa injections for a couple of years and they were a complete lifesaver!!! When I went for what I thought was going to be another round, I was told when I got into the exam room that Priority Health will no longer cover it, and unless I wanted to pay out of pocket (thousands of dollars) I would have to go back to cortisone shots, which don't work at all for me. I'm so sad.... I've had tons of knee pain in both knees since I had to stop the Euflexxa and now my doctor is recommending knee replacements in both knees. Shame on you, PRIORITY HEALTH!!!!!!!!! Insurance companies make me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They'd rather pay for a knee replacements than a relatively inexpensive drug that works!!!!????? It makes no sense.... and the impact on people's lives when they have to have major surgery is just unnecessary.......... Cover the drugs, please!!!!!!!!!”

Learn more about Osteoarthritis