User Reviews for Sodium hyaluronate

Also known as: Euflexxa, Hyalgan, Supartz, Supartz FX

Learn more about Sodium hyaluronate.

Osteoarthritis 143 reviews 350 medications

Summary of Sodium hyaluronate reviews 143 reviews 7.0

Reviews for Sodium hyaluronate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Amazing how quickly my knee pain disappeared. I have mild osteo and have had pain for the last 6 months. I just had my third shot 5 days ago. Some days I still do wake up with ache in my knee and some nightime ache. For the most part its been great. Hope it lasts. I have gone back to normal activities ie tennis and eliptical at the gym. "

Old tennis lady (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I just received my last of 3 shots today. I'm in so much pain and I have a very important computer install tomorrow at a big company and I'm worried now. The first shot wan't so bad, the second was about the same, but within days after the second shot I started experiencing shooting pains all throughout my right knee. The pain progressed as the days went by. With the 3rd shot as soon as the dr. removed the needle from my knee I tried to bend my leg to roll down my pant leg and it felt like someone drove a screw right threw my knee. And the drive home was even worse. I had a similar experience with a cortisone shot a few years ago. I was told by the another physician that it might have been an allergic response to the meds."

JoeArna March 21, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Wonderful! I was told 5 years ago that I needed both knees replaced....not yet bone on bone. Hearing mixed results from friends who had replacements, I decided to wait until pain was unbearable. Started getting Euflexxa injections three years ago. Not totally pain free but so good I'm not even considering replacement at this time. Wow!"

Eightseys March 20, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Injection was virtually painless. Noticeable decrease in pain within hours of first injection. It's now been 5 days and I'm pleased with results."

Farm Wife (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 19, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I'M 57 yrs old and suffer from moderate bilateral knee O/A. In Oct '16, I had to stop taking Cerebrex due to GI complications to NSAIDs. So, I opted to take Euflexxa injections for my knee pain instead of steroid shots due to a more "natural" treatment. Two Wednesdays ago, I had my first of Euflexxa shots, but the side effects were awful (unbearable knee pain for 4 days, chronic pain for 3 days, joint pressure). I searched on the Internet and found numerous reviews of people that experienced similar side effects. So this past Wednesday at my appt for the second set of Euflexxa shots, I explained my experience to the doctor and refused to continue the treatment. Euflexxa didn't work for me and left me more achy and very dissapointed."

TX277 (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Very expensive 700dls"

Mierdin February 25, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had Supartz injections several years ago with good results. When I moved, the new Dr said Euflexxa had fewer side effects. This was certainly not the case for me. I was in constant pain and almost a cripple for 6 months. I couldn't walk up stairs, or do most of my normal activities. I spent most days on the couch with bags of ice on both knees. Cortizone was useless. There appears to be no treatment for this side effect. I am an active person, of normal weight. Both knees are still swollen, but the pain is better than it was. I read that it could be another 6 months before I feel better. I wouldn't recommend this medication to anyone. It's not worth the risk of losing 6 months of your life that you'll never get back."

AWF5 February 21, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Had a Synvisc One shot about 2 years ago and experienced ZERO relief so I almost gave up on these types of injections. My right knee was hurting so bad that I had to reconsider. My new doctor told me that he has had the best experience with Euflexxa. This medication is a once per week injection for 3 weeks. I go in to get my first injection and the doctor told me to not expect much however, a day later, I could 100% feel a significant improvement in my knee. While my knee will never be 100%, I rate this product so high because my knee pain has reduced at least 60-70% which to me is a miracle. I have 2 more injections to go and on my last injection they will also be doing PRP therapy to my knee."

Mo1911 February 21, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had the first Euflexxa shot (both knees) 3 days ago. The left knee feels AMAZING already. Like Wow. The right one which has significantly more damage and has had 2 surgeries is bad... really, really bad. Since the shot, I can't put any weight on it at all. it feels full as if the fluid did not disperse. Disappointed because I really needed the pain gone in the right but I'm glad about the left. Hopefully next shots will be better."

MoxieDoll February 11, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Don't bother wasting your time with Euflexxa. I have been diagnosed with moderate osteoarthritis and Euflexxa only made my condition worse. Now I am stuck with a sore back, I can hardly bend over, my limbs have no flexibility and are sore as heck. I don't get it. The treatment did not even come close to doing what is was described as. My doctor told me that the fluid only stays in your knee about two days and then it is gone. It is not described that way on the Euflexxa web site. It says it hardens into a gel then forms a cushion between your bones. My experience is that this is NOT true. And how much am I paying for this ??? Don't bother spending your money on Euflexxa. Your money is better spent on a partial or full knee replacement."

Serious Runner February 8, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I'm 44 and have Osteoarthritis in both knees with bakers cysts. Was told due to my age to try this as opposed to more drastic measures.. First shot was about equivalent to getting a cortisone shot in my knees, pressure but bearable uncomfort. A little sore the next day, week 2 & 3 about he same. Now I did just get a cortisone shot 2 weeks before starting the Euflexxa but I figure now I am about 10% of the pain I was feeling prior. I hope it's the Euflexxa and not the. Cortisone masking it. Knees feel better every day and still pop here and there. But movement is dramatically better. 6 weeks since my first shot and I'm impressed and happy with my decision"

CJM65 February 3, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Euflexxa was a waste of my time. I had 3 injections, one every week. I did have some relief from the pain but I still have pain some days worse than others. It's been 3 months now and I have to do something else. I had the synvisc about 8 years ago and that worked good till now its starting to hurt so I am now in a pickle with both knees. Problem with synvisc is that is horrific pain going in. But it only takes a short time. I would rather endure that pain and have it help and eventually be pain free than this Euflexxa that only little relief. I still have to take over the counter pain meds to my disappointment. But I try to take them every other day."

Mac72 January 31, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I have been receiving Euflexa injections in my right knee after torn meniscus surgery every six months for two years with excellent results. I was walking two miles a day until I injured my left knee in a fall in November. I'm recuperating from torn meniscus surgery two weeks ago and will begin receiving Euflexa injections in that knee, too, in six months."

Healthy Knee (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 27, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I'm a 45 year old female with osteoarthritis in the left knee and torn ACL. I received my 1st of 3 Euflexxa shots today. The shot was virtually painless! 5 hrs later I still feel pressure (though not painful) It's a weird sensation while walking, like something is stuck in your knee. I'll update again in a few days."

Rocky Oracle (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I have arthritis and not much cartilage left in my knee. I have had only one injection and have been in bed in so much pain that I'm crying for two days!"

Sad and in pain January 14, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had my first injection yesterday. The P.A. sprayed a lot of an anesthetic spray first, so much that it leaked down my leg. I did not feel the injection going in or out! At night, I started feeling some relief, enough to make me think it had to be in my head, but not. Fortunetly this morning, I am still pain free and I don't hear the crrrr-crrrr noise as I climb stairs. I'll let you know what happens next week."

Lianys January 12, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "After 3 years of astounding results from Supartz, I had to miss injections due to having ObamaCare where my policy was not accepted by my Ortho MD for 15 months. Medicare is accepted and I returned for my semi-annual injection series wherein he told me he has seen slightly better results with Euflexxa. After the first injection, I noticed significant swelling associated with an increase in pain from zero to 3. After the second injection, the swelling had increased and pain worsened to a 6 with my inability to climb stairs. The third injection was followed by a steroid to help reduce the swelling and an infection was ruled out. I am now scheduled for an MRI. Supartz works, Euflexxa does not."

HBD December 29, 2016

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "was told I needed knee replacement on right knee, not bone on bone yet but close. Had my first injection 12/13/16. Injection was not painful because it was injected slowly as it is thick, only felt pressure as it was almost done. Second injection was a horror as person injecting just slammed whole thing in and I was in severe pain could hardly walk out of office. I just had my 3rd injection yesterday and person who gave me first injection did it with no pain. I have felt no real pain in my knee since 1st injection so far. Dr said theres 6cc's of fluid that is now in joint so it may feel like your walking on a bubble. My issue is I'm having very bad back pain which I'm not sure if that is related to injection or not."

Sandradee919 December 29, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "After a year of cortisone shots doc recommended the euflexxa shots 3 over 3 wks it been 4 weeks since the shots and I'm still waiting for some relief. My doc told me it could take 2 to 3 weeks to see the difference. Now I been reading some people said they felt better after 6 wks so will wait and see I have a small tear in my mcl I might have to have fix maybe to feel the difference.I would appreciate any feedback."

jeorr December 14, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I have never experienced such pain or debilitation in all of my life. It has been three weeks, and I am still limping. I cannot sit, stand, or walk for any length of time. Had I known this level of pain was a possible side effect, I would not have used the drug. This goes beyond the usual injection site redness, this goes into swelling of the knee joint, pain up and down the leg, as well as the leg is feverish. If anyone ever asks me about this or any other type of injection using this formula, I will tell them to really make sure there aren't other options before risking this kind of pain."

camjet (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Despite the reviews I read about Euflexxa, I received my first injection on yesterday. I was scared at first but I did it anyway. I have an excellent doctor. He explain everything before the injections. He said I would feel the initial stick and then pressure from the medicine going in. He also said I might have swelling, and pain at the injection site on the next day. I am please to report not only did I not feel the pressure. I did not have any pain or swelling at the injection site on the next day. When I woke up I had zero pain in my knee. I am glad I decided to get this injection. I can't wait to see what the second injection will make me feel like."

alylesmoney December 3, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "At first it was working after I got done with all the injections. A few months after I started accumulating alot of fluid on my knee that has not went away and it's been 9 months now. Now the pain is back and I'm 33 having trouble going up and down stairs. I car say I don't recommend it but i suggest doing research and asking questions."

Chunkybubbles December 2, 2016

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Had Total Knee on Left, Supartz and other shots did not work. Right Knee is worse then left and My Dr.suggested Euflexxa. Fairly new on market, at least since my previous TKR. By the second shot, pain begin to alleviate noticably. And after 3rd shot, even better. I am know in my 3rd year and about to get shot 3. Amazing results from Euflexxa. They relief lasts 11-12 months. Mr Dr. is pleased, especially since my X-rays show the degeneration has worsened. I am currently 68 yrs old. I wish Euflexxa was around when I had my TKR on the left knee. Now, only if I could get them in my shoulders. OA is progessing there also."

Just another Joe November 12, 2016

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had injections Jan 2015 in knee where I previously tore the cartilige and had it debrided. Degeneration is bad but I'm too young for knee replacement and really don't want it. I had several steriod shots prior and they worked but very limited time. It did take some time for the Euflexxa to "kick in". I think it was about a month before I kind of stopped noticing my knee. It's now Oct 2016 and I'm just now noticing my knee again because I have degenerative problems in all my joints and now it's the spine. The physical therapy is putting a strain on my knees (leg press, quad stretches) so now it's owie again. Until now I've been able to cycle daily about 10 miles without too much problem unless we are talking steep hill."

Surprisingly good results (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 27, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I've had all three injections of Euflexxa and my pain is no different. The pain in my knee is so severe I'm in tears some of the time, it's almost unbearable. I was hoping this medicine would help me postpone knee surgery, but it looks like that is now my only option. I had very high expectations for this treatment, I have several friends who had completely successful results. So very disappointed! The money spent was totally wasted."

Dee Ann Bee October 15, 2016