User Reviews for Sodium hyaluronate

Also known as: Euflexxa, Hyalgan, Supartz, Supartz FX

Learn more about Sodium hyaluronate.

Osteoarthritis 159 reviews 350 medications

6.9
Summary of Sodium hyaluronate reviews 159 reviews 6.9

Reviews for Sodium hyaluronate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I am 56 year old woman with knee osteoarthritis (in both knees) I get euflexxa injections every 6 months. They help me tremendously. By the time 5 months comes around, I can tell I'll be needing them soon. If it can buy me time with getting these two bad knees getting replaced, I am thankful! "

Ccbrat (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I am 76, a right handed tennis player with left knee pain around the knee cap and toward the inside of knee. I finished a series of 3 shots a couple of months ago and can report no improvement, in fact the last few weeks pain is worse."

Grandel (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "My knees were in so much pain that my doctor recommended me have euflexxa shots in both of my knees. I had my last injection, number 3, on June 16th and I have no improvement in my knees. This was very costly which I really could not afford and my knees are in just as much pain now as they were before I had the injections."

Cruser (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I have had this twice. The first last me almost 8 yrs before I needed 2nd injections and now over 7 yrs and still pain free I'm happy with that injections...works better than steroids and cortisone shots. Hardly any side effects"

Cheryl07 July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I'm a 57 yr active male. Played sports through my life including year round ice hockey from age 35yrs to 50 yrs which is where I likely damaged both knees (medial meniscus). Had both knees repaired in 2014 and 2016. My right knee had very slight OA and hurts the most. I began running 30 miles/week only 3 months after my 2014 operation and just stopped my running about 3 weeks ago since the pain in my right knee is unbearable as it is difficult climbing and going down stairs plus I have a limp. My orthopedic surgeon suggested Euflexxa a few days ago and I requested both knees. So, now I am waiting 2-5 weeks to "order" with my insurance and expect to be healed/no pain after the 3rd week. Will keep all up to date."

AxSlash (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "First series of shot I received were over a year and a half ago. Just started shot again in both knees, hope they last a long or longer than the first series. Before Euflexxa I was treated with Synvisc which lasted only 5 months."

Ray3040 June 28, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I played tennis 5 times a week for over 25 years of my life. This and arthritis since age 13 destroyed my knee caps and caused my left knee to deteriorate to bone-on-bone and the bone marrow was bleeding out. I had the knee replaced and had a horrible recovery over 6 months and many months more for ankle and foot pain. Then my right knee became unbearable and I decided to go for the gel. I had my first injection last Monday and felt better within the same day. Walking was less painful, swelling around the knee went down, I could sleep at night. I am very happy with the results so far, got another injection today and I hope that this will continue. I am 75, had a new knee 12 yrs ago and hip replacement recently."

Annelor June 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Had my last of three injections in my left knee on June 2, 2017. I had about a week of minimal pain and some return of movement. Today, June 21, 2017, the pain is about twice as bad as before the injections and my knee is swelled up so bad it's hard to put on jeans. The swelling has also moved down to my ankle. My left ankle is twice the size of my right ankle. My doctor told me to come back in 6 weeks for a cortisone "booster" if I still felt pain. If I might need a "booster", why was this expensive trash recommended in the first place?"

Tmoney56 June 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had torn meniscus surgeries x2 , then bone on bone in L knee and pain in R knee. Cortisone shots x2 no relief . Just finished Euflexxa x3 in both knees last week . Feel so much better can walk without cane , can sleep. Very happy so far. I'm only 55 and active so not being able to do a lot was hard"

RN mom of 2 (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Hyalgan (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I've had three injections for arthritis in my knee. My first injection no change. Second injection I physically had to lift my leg to move it. Could not drive. Both my GP doctor and pain management doctor said it was a miracle drug. I beg to differ."

4surgeriesdown June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "So far after 2 injections I see no difference. I am getting the third today. How long does it take to get results?"

Paluptak (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Had my last injection 5/19. Started out with a pain level of 2 and now it is 22. No exaggeration! It is the Memorial Day holiday so no chance of seeing the PA/MD. I found a pair of crutches in the closet that I find I must use. Even riding in the car on well-maintained roads is painful. The slightest bump is intolerable, so I must stay home. No heat, redness in joint. Do have one blue circular non-raised reaction near the ankle. Have had other injections in various joints without any problems. Not an allergy-prone person, but just might have to try Benadryl until I can see the provider."

Berrin May 27, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Osteoarthritis is part of my life in hips, shoulders, ankles, and most of all those knees. My knees are bone on bone and cortisone (not good for long term) is not long lasting. Noting the complications and side effects of total knee replacements, to say nothing of pain and rehab, I am not interested in giving up my golf and life for months. My Ortho Doc suggested Euflexxa a year ago and as a last resort, I agreed. I had my third week of injections yesterday and all I can say is that I have had a HUGE improvement. On a scale of 0-10, my pain was 9.9 and now I am at a minimal discomfort around a 3. Hoping it lasts for the full six months. It is wonderful to go up and down stairs forward rather than turning sideways."

GrandmaSchro (taken for less than 1 month) April 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I have gone through 5 rounds of euflexxa injections the first couple pain returned in about 3 months then it went to 4 months and now this last time it last 6 months. I still have pain when walking or standing for I am bone on bone with both knees but it helps bring my pain from a 10 down to a 4-5 I'm so glad for the euflexxa it is better than the cortisone with its side effects"

Deb21 April 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "first injection no pain, 2nd hurt and 3rd injection had me in tears! Still no relief from pain and burning in my knee. Both knees are bone on bone no cartilage left. 2 more injections to go but not real optimistic at this point. :("

in pain always (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Left knee arthroscopic clean up. Still bad. Steroid injection relief for couple months. Another injection with fluid removed and same. Can walk on even ground with little to no pain. Can not go up stairs still so try Euflexxa. After first of 3 shots I am in pain walking on even ground now. Worse. Back does not hurt, just knee on standing or walking. Don't know what surgeon will do about this. This knee looked salvageable so no replacement offered yet. Ironically, the other knee is totally bone on bone but has no pain. Was hoping to get thru summer without big surgery."

mmm2m8r (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Amazing how quickly my knee pain disappeared. I have mild osteo and have had pain for the last 6 months. I just had my third shot 5 days ago. Some days I still do wake up with ache in my knee and some nightime ache. For the most part its been great. Hope it lasts. I have gone back to normal activities ie tennis and eliptical at the gym. "

Old tennis lady (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I just received my last of 3 shots today. I'm in so much pain and I have a very important computer install tomorrow at a big company and I'm worried now. The first shot wan't so bad, the second was about the same, but within days after the second shot I started experiencing shooting pains all throughout my right knee. The pain progressed as the days went by. With the 3rd shot as soon as the dr. removed the needle from my knee I tried to bend my leg to roll down my pant leg and it felt like someone drove a screw right threw my knee. And the drive home was even worse. I had a similar experience with a cortisone shot a few years ago. I was told by the another physician that it might have been an allergic response to the meds."

JoeArna March 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Wonderful! I was told 5 years ago that I needed both knees replaced....not yet bone on bone. Hearing mixed results from friends who had replacements, I decided to wait until pain was unbearable. Started getting Euflexxa injections three years ago. Not totally pain free but so good I'm not even considering replacement at this time. Wow!"

Eightseys March 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Injection was virtually painless. Noticeable decrease in pain within hours of first injection. It's now been 5 days and I'm pleased with results."

Farm Wife (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I'M 57 yrs old and suffer from moderate bilateral knee O/A. In Oct '16, I had to stop taking Cerebrex due to GI complications to NSAIDs. So, I opted to take Euflexxa injections for my knee pain instead of steroid shots due to a more "natural" treatment. Two Wednesdays ago, I had my first of Euflexxa shots, but the side effects were awful (unbearable knee pain for 4 days, chronic pain for 3 days, joint pressure). I searched on the Internet and found numerous reviews of people that experienced similar side effects. So this past Wednesday at my appt for the second set of Euflexxa shots, I explained my experience to the doctor and refused to continue the treatment. Euflexxa didn't work for me and left me more achy and very dissapointed."

TX277 (taken for less than 1 month) March 12, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Very expensive 700dls"

Mierdin February 25, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had Supartz injections several years ago with good results. When I moved, the new Dr said Euflexxa had fewer side effects. This was certainly not the case for me. I was in constant pain and almost a cripple for 6 months. I couldn't walk up stairs, or do most of my normal activities. I spent most days on the couch with bags of ice on both knees. Cortizone was useless. There appears to be no treatment for this side effect. I am an active person, of normal weight. Both knees are still swollen, but the pain is better than it was. I read that it could be another 6 months before I feel better. I wouldn't recommend this medication to anyone. It's not worth the risk of losing 6 months of your life that you'll never get back."

AWF5 February 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Had a Synvisc One shot about 2 years ago and experienced ZERO relief so I almost gave up on these types of injections. My right knee was hurting so bad that I had to reconsider. My new doctor told me that he has had the best experience with Euflexxa. This medication is a once per week injection for 3 weeks. I go in to get my first injection and the doctor told me to not expect much however, a day later, I could 100% feel a significant improvement in my knee. While my knee will never be 100%, I rate this product so high because my knee pain has reduced at least 60-70% which to me is a miracle. I have 2 more injections to go and on my last injection they will also be doing PRP therapy to my knee."

Mo1911 February 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had the first Euflexxa shot (both knees) 3 days ago. The left knee feels AMAZING already. Like Wow. The right one which has significantly more damage and has had 2 surgeries is bad... really, really bad. Since the shot, I can't put any weight on it at all. it feels full as if the fluid did not disperse. Disappointed because I really needed the pain gone in the right but I'm glad about the left. Hopefully next shots will be better."

MoxieDoll February 11, 2017