User Reviews for Sodium hyaluronate

Osteoarthritis
6.6

Summary of Sodium hyaluronate reviews 6.7 200 reviews

Reviews for Sodium hyaluronate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "3 injections. The 1st not much change. The 2nd a little better. The 3rd hurt and was painful but after all was settled and done my pain was alleviated a great deal. I'm a 49 female with bone to bone arthritis and could barely walk. Now I'm good I noticed as time has passed Im a lot more active and now Im starting to go to the gym to loss weight and strengthen the muscles that support my knees that way when the Eufflexa wears off I will be better to manage my pain. I am one month down with my shots and its a 70/30 so I'm very happy with it. My doctor did state that since I am bone on bone that I had a 50/50 chance of it working or not. Well grateful to say it works. Keep you posted in another few months! Great results so far."

Kimberly (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Did 3 rounds of Synvisc, with NO success! Doc pushed forward for Euflexxa. What happens to the fluid when it is not accepted by your knees? I know..lymphodema!!!"

Earth Angel (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I have had 3 injections of Euflexxa in both knees in a 2 year period. (Each treatment lasted approx 9 mos.) after each injection I experienced swelling some discomfort for approx 3 days but rest and ice took care of it. 2 weeks after 3rd injection both times I could return to walking, climbing steps and riding my bike with no mobility issues or pain. I was so happy to have Euflexxa. knee replacement is not an option for me due to a blood clotting disorder. Last week I went in for my 1st injection in year 3. 12 hours after injections I presented with pain, severe headaches, nausea, fever (100,8-101.6) chills, aches . I contacted the Dr who said I was having a reaction to Euflexxa. the other 6 injections never did this. I am going on my 4th day of terrible side effects and have no idea how long this will last. The Dr cancelled my future injections. Before you try, question your Dr on side effects and if you are high risk for allergic reaction. It is not worth the risk."

DebH April 16, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Worst pain ever after the 3 rd injection. Never again! Was better off prior to injections."

Dixie April 12, 2018

Hyalgan (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I saw an orthopedic Dr. for knee pain. Got a cortisone. Then back in pain in 2 days. Dr. stated my cartilage was wearing thin but was not gone. Suggested I get the Hyalgan shots. Insurance approved BC/BS. What happen to the in between treatment. First shot nothing. Knee was swollen before shot. Ask about it was told no need to worry. Knee was still in the same amount of pain. One week later second shot. Leg hurt so bad and muscles locked and tighten up. Was told because my knee was swollen and I did not give it enough time. Now my knee pops.Third shot the next week. Was told I had to give it at least 2 weeks after the last shot. I have all these symptoms. •warmth, pain, redness, stiffness, bruising, or puffiness and locking and popping. My whole knee was swollen. Now after the fact they want me to see a Dr. to find out if I have inflammatory arthritis such as rheumatoid arthritis or gouty arthritis. I think this should have taken place before they gave me the Hyalgan shout."

BAD MOVE (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 11, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had 4 injections of Hyalgan injections 7 years ago which caused me great pain. I refused the 5th injection because I could barely walk. Dr. recommended the Euflexxa because he said this was a different formula. I had the 3 injections, a week apart. For about a month, my knee felt better. Now it has been 8 months and I think this stuff is leaking out from the bottom of the kneecap. When that happens, I can barely walk. Pain and swelling are getting worse. Dr's PA asked if I was ready for more Euflexxa injections. I refused. No more!! Now, I don't know what to do."

Irene (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 28, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "This has been a miracle for me. After 40 years as a nurse, the last 10 in misery, I have had complete and total relief. It’s been 7 months now, has changed my life for the better."

Becky (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 26, 2018

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had the series of 5 shots back in 2012. The first two shots were mostly painless, the third hurt like anything, but the fourth and fifth were not bad at all. I was very happy with the results. Here it is 6 years later and my knee started becoming painful about a month ago. It's not the same "lightening" zapping pain like I had in 2012, now it's more of an overall ache. I have an appointment tomorrow to see if a second round can be done. I think 6 years of relief was pretty good."

teachrules March 22, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I have a wonderful experience with Euflexxa, give me my life back, just now my Humana insurance do not want to pay for it and telling me that Euflexxa is not for osteoarthritis, they can not be more wrong, maybe their family does not have my condition."

Mati (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 12, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I have been getting my injections for 2 years for osteoarthritis left knee. I have seen tremendous results lasting for at least 7 months pain free and no inflammation. Before the injections I could barely function daily due to the pain and discomfort in my knee. I feel like my life has been returned to a joyful way of living. I was very surprised to receive notification from Kaiser Ortho that they will no longer offer Supartz. My concern is who did this data study? I never did a survey about effective Supartz has worked for me. I think this is a way to promote knee surgery! Not for me!"

PainFree (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 6, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "First injection on Friday. No pain. Could walk o k. Next day real pain to walk. Scale 1-10 (9) . Iced down and took Ibuprophen for pain. Most pain when trying to walk.. Now it's been 6 days and I've cancelled my scheduled 2 injections. I wonder if I will get back to where I was before the shot? I'm 83 female healthy ( retired nurse) I live alone and it's painful to get around. I read the success stories and wonder what went wrong for me? I also have a sore throats and joints ache and am more easily annoyed with my little dogs I've noticed. I wasn't advised any pain like this may happen. I believe it should have been."

Jean savage February 22, 2018

Supartz FX (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Now I walk much better. Thanks."

Gorry (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Week three, third injection one week ago today, so far left knee is responding well, right knee is still painful at times. But my right knee is bone on bone with spurs. The PA said don't expect results until two weeks after the third injection. The pain comes and goes in my right knee. When my right knee acts up or if I am going to be very active I wear a hinged brace. I am not expecting miracles just some relief."

skyhog February 15, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I'm 69, was very active and still working part time. I had a torn meniscus in the L knee, treated with cortisone shots for the pain. In Oct, I had an arthroscopy which revealed bone on bone in the knee. I need a knee replacement, but timing is not convenient now. I decided to try the Euflexxa shots, since I received Suparz ( in my R knee yrs ago and it was effective.( By the 3rd shot I could see a difference.) I've received 2 shots of Euflexxa so far, last one is due in a few days. As of yet I see no difference. Actually, I have more discomfort! This is very discouraging as I was a very active person, walking 2-3 miles a day and going to the gym 3-4 times a week. I can now barely do the stairs or my usual household chores or shopping. I did this regime as a "hail Mary" effort to give me some relief for a few months until my surgery could be scheduled. I'm not holding out any hope after reading so many testimonials similar to mine. Just wish in a few weeks I have some relief. I"

Lukie68 (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2018

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "My arthritis has been bad for quite a few years. Before supartz I was getting cortizone shots which only lasted a few months. I received 3 Supartz injections on each knee in September 2014! I was completely pain free for 3 years! My pain has returned and today I began my second time of supartz treatment. My doctor did tell me that just because it worked so well the first time that it may not work so well a second time but I was willing to pay cash (because Kaiser (my insurance) doesn't use supartz) at only $173 per injection (not like previous reviews claiming the cost at $2200 each shot) I live in California btw. I can come back in a few months and let you all know if it worked the 2nd time. Very happy with supartz. Oh and the first time my insurance at that time did cover the medication."

MissBettyN February 3, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had Euflexxa injection twice in both of my knees. I find this injection very effective. I had one in May of 2017 and I am still pain free. I had one prior to that and it laster almost two years. I find this very helpful."

Unable to come up with one January 25, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I just started my third series with great success so far. Each series has last 2 to 2-1/2 years each time before the pain comes back. First doctor didn't use a lidocaine shot first and the second doctor did. I really couldn't tell the difference. The shots don't hurt just feel a little pressure from the liquid. I pray they keep lasting this ling because I am usually pain free for at least two years."

Adamp961 January 18, 2018

Gelsyn-3 (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I have two bad knees. The doctor had put Orthovisc in the right one a few years ago and it’s been fine. The left one has become failing so he agreed to inject it with a solution. I thought it would be the same thing. On the third injection I saw the tube and it was marked Gel-SYN3. That was 2 months ago. I am still unable to walk or climb up stairs without hold my breath. I have to help my legs out of the car. After sitting I have to raise myself to standing with my arms. My right knee is starting to fail again because of the stress on it. I will refuse to have Gel -SYN3 placed inside my right knee joint after the first experience. The stuff caused my entire leg to swell and a lump formed behind my knee."

Memrnc (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I took all three shots of euflexxa about 10 weeks ago. The shots itself were somewhat painful however tolerable. I have not experienced any relief from the pain from having had the shots done. I still have lots of swelling in my knee and I'm limping even more."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2018

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "August 2014 I had supartz shots in both knees. Before having them....I asked the Dr about allergy reactions and he said he never had any one have a reaction....very safe. A few days later I was in the E.R. because I was having an allergic reaction, so we had to cancel the rest of shots. Amazingly, the one shot helped quite a bit and the following year I lost a lot of weight which has helped my knees greatly. I have managed to control my knee problems with physical therapy, essential oils and creams and fish oil. I think for someone who doesn't have a lot of allergies like me.....this could be a good product."

GVeronica2000 (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2018

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I have knee pain. Cortisone shots helped for a couple of years. Then I had meniscus cleaned up in both and more cortisone for a year. When the pain came back I got Supartz injections in both knees - a series of 3 shots. At first it didn't seem to work, but after about a month it seemed to kick in. I still get sore if I overdo it when hiking or dancing, but overall it was worth it. So far it has lasted 5 months. I don't think I'll be skiing or running again but being able to stand and walk around all day without pain is great."

Bombera December 22, 2017

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Have had Osteoarthritis for years. I have Factor Five Liden, which is a blood clotting disease. Hematology explained the risk involved in the total knee replacement for both knees which i need. He suggested Euflexxa injections. First one was tolerable. Second one was so painful, I vowed not to return. My daughter convinced me to return for the third one. This was the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. As of today, have not had any relief. Only gotten worse. Can't hardly walk. In pain 24 hours a day. "

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 22, 2017

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Knee pain causing me to wake during night and hurting when playing tennis and going up stairs. I had series of 3 shots 8 months ago and still am pain free."

Disapointed (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 15, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: "I started getting positive results from injection one. Stiffness in both knees is what impressed me most It was gone"

Bimbo1701 December 7, 2017

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I have had all 3 series of shots and I have no relief from this injection I have been in worse pain wish I never did it they say it takes 6 weeks after the shots for you to feel better I don't understand I can't even sleep at night the pain is so unbearable what to do"

Andie.s December 5, 2017