User Reviews for Sodium hyaluronate systemic

Osteoarthritis
6.4

Summary of Sodium hyaluronate reviews 6.5 225 reviews

Reviews for Sodium hyaluronate

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "This was a disaster. I had first injection AND the second one and was pain a lot. After the 3rd one I end up to ER. I almost died I was throwing up my heart beating fast, I stay in the hospital for 5 days finally they found out because of this stupid injection."

Guile (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2018

Gelsyn-3 (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had bad knees and had to hang on to the railing and felt a lot of pain going up the stairs. I had 3 injections of Gelsyn-3 around July of this year. I had wanted knee replacement but my doctor my doctor said that should be the last option. I had babied my knees because of the pain. Then the nurse told me that before I am given knee replacement they would like to see my knees get stronger. So I started exercising my knees which felt a little better after the injections. Now I can go up the stairs without pain and can sometimes try to scamper up the stairs. I will continue my exercises and after 6 months see if another round of shots is required."

Greg (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 22, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had a series of 3 injections of Euflexxa by recommendation of my dr. After the third one I was told I wouldn’t see any improvement for about a month after. That month came and went and I was in worse shape than before. I had more pain, stiffness, and general discomfort. These injections were done blind and when I asked for a follow up I was told to seek another dr as there was nothing more they could do for me."

Hannah (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2018

Gelsyn-3 (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Got first shot 4 days ago and my knee has been swollen every day since, ankles are both swollen, cannot bend knee and scared to even move...especially walk. Not sure I will make it to where I need to go. Before the shot at least I could get around now what am I to do? Knee replacement seems to be the only option. Contemplating!!"

Pain is not paradise (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I'm about to have my third year of Euflexxa shots. I'm 64 and am very active. I have OA and Synivitis in my knees. I generally work out 5 days a week. These injections have given me complete relief for 7-9 months every year I have had them."

Jazzerguy October 3, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "My doctor recommended euflexxa as he believed it would last longer than the injections he was given me previously. A few days after the second injection I started experiencing extreme pain in my knee and lower back. So severe at times I couldn't walk. I told my doctor and he suggested we wait an extra week before the third injection to see if the pain went away. He thought maybe it was the way he injected it. I had the third shot and the same thing happened. Two days after the injection I was in such severe pain again, my knee and my lower back. I again reported it to my doctor. I will not have this injection again. It is now two weeks after my injection and I still have the pain."

Chris (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Had three shots for knee osteoarthritis starting 6 weeks ago. No relief, only increased stiffness and pain, especially after 3rd shot. My injections were done blind. I would like more info on the review where the injections were administered by a radiologist."

Jersey jack September 30, 2018

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I've been taking the 5 injection series for about 9-10 years and have had great success. I've found relief immediately after injection #1. The first series lasted over 18 months. I never had any pain from the injections as some people have experienced. That might be due to whether or not the needle went into a muscle or bone, not the fault of the Supartz. When my doctor gives me the injection I never even feel the needle being inserted. He's a pro."

Firm believer (taken for 5 to 10 years) September 27, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "Had this injected in my knee 2 months ago. Before my knee just gave me pain when sitting for a prolonged period of time. Now it aches all the time. Had synvisc injected 5 years ago with excellent results."

John (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2018

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "The first two shots weren't so bad but the third shot had me in tears. My knee swollen up like a big balloon red around my knee. My knee double the size cancel both of my appointments will never use this product again. I tried to explain to my orthopedic doctor he would not listen to me and he was not sympathetic. I used another one last year but it was a different brand and it done the same thing to me."

Savannah (taken for less than 1 month) September 17, 2018

Gelsyn-3 (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "This made the pain worse. I can't walk and my both feet gets pain as well. ( it's a 1st injection)"

Ks (taken for less than 1 month) September 12, 2018

Supartz FX (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Yes, 3 scheduled injections, the 1. First injection was completed in both knees, left knee severe, right knee bone on bone. After first injection left knee pain diminished within a few hours, right knee took a longer time but diminished some. Just completed 2. Second injection yesterday and left knee feels good little pain after running, right knee getting better. Did not get the third (3) injection yet. However since the first injections I could feel the difference and if it takes 3 to 4 weeks to see any progress after the last injection. This could be great!"

John (taken for less than 1 month) September 7, 2018

Gelsyn-3 (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I received 3 injections and I thought after the last injection that I would be fine. Not at all, I’m still a lot of pain. So perhaps my doctor will find something else for me."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 6, 2018

Gelsyn-3 (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Earlier today I had the 3rd dose of Gelsyn 3 in both knees. As in the 1st and 2nd injections I developed a slight fever and headache but this has really improved the pain in my knees."

dfs3660 (taken for less than 1 month) September 6, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Severe swelling in right leg. Swelling of right eye and headache on same side. Pain prevented mobility."

Sharon (taken for less than 1 month) August 31, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Euflexxa gave me about 65% relief for 30 days, after that the pain was back just as before. I would not recommend this product. I had 3 shots and it was just a waste of money."

Phil (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I love Euflexxa! I've had 5 rounds of it over 5 years. Yes, I'm bone on bone, but still have a bit of space in my knee joint for the medication to get in and be useful. Since I've had 2 orthopods tell me that studies show that knee injections done blind only actually get in the joint space 2 out of 3 times (despite the claimed skill of the doctor in doing injections) I have the Euflexxa injected under floroscopy by a radiologist to be sure the medication goes to the correct space (my husband is a radiologist who suggested it this way if I wanted to be sure). Euflexxa is the difference between me being able to walk (limp) 20 feet in severe pain, and me being able to walk for long distances for many hours WITHOUT pain. I'm not ready for knee replacement mentally and this is a wonderful thing. I've never had any reaction and find pain subsides after the 2nd injection and lasts fully for 6 months and then I start hurting again and need another round at about 8 to 10 months out."

vica (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 4, 2018

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Hi, I've had the cortisone shot and found it did more harm then good by my chiropractor. I have arthritis in both knees and no cartridge in my right knee so the pain is horrible when it's cold and raining; basically amy weather change. My first experience with supratz was the 5 series injection in 2017 and so far it's been a year now and the pain has returned mostly in my right knee. My doctor informed me I could start back getting them if needed and I opted to wait until closer too the fall and or winter when the pain is at its worst, the shots lasts for a year but I still limp at times and now wear knee braces to keep from falling which is new to me so I may have to go sooner but overall a very good product. Yes I really had to stay off my feet for 24hrs to let the medication work."

LeLe (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 31, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "In March, I started to experience pain after a day of ladder use. Thought it would go away. I had never had knee problems before this. After limping around for several months , I went to ortho Dr. I now believe it was tendonitis and not osteoporosis . I regret this decision for euflexxa . I am in more pain than I have ever experienced, including torn rotator and several abdominal surgeries."

Golfer (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had my first treatment 7 month ago and have had significant improvement in my right knee. The benefit has diminished over the last two months - about to line up for second treatment. For me, 6 month intervals look about right"

RobG (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 25, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had my 3rd injection of Euflexxa three weeks ago and the knee is still the same. Very disappointed in having no relief."

davey (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Euflexxa is awsome. I had my first round of Euflexxa last winter had a good winter. My dr said they would last 6 months and they did started my 2nd round yesterday looking forward to the rest of the summer with no pain. When you get these injections you can’t sit around wait for them to work you have to get up and move so the knees don’t get stiff and sore. Had the first injections yesterday and feel good today"

Lin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 26, 2018

Hyalgan (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had a series of 5 shots of Hyalgan. Not impressed with this drug. I've had Euflexxa and Synvisc injections as well. Hands down Synvisc is my drug of choice. With Synvisc I minimal pain for a period of 4-5 yrs. As for Euflexxa it was less time pain free...would say 2 yrs. I did see signs of improvement within the second shot's of Hyalgan. And after I completed the 5, I started suffering bad knee pain to the point doctor thought I might have infection or water in the knee....negative for both. Another symptom I have with Hyalgan, my knees now crack quite a bit each and every time I get up. Prior to injections I had very minimal cracking knees. I will not be seeking therapy with Hyalgan."

MARTHA (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I’m a 43-year-old female with a Osteoarthritis I’ve had my third injection Euflexxa shot today. I have not gotten any better if anything I'm worse off. I've been off work for weeks on FMLA leave (Family and Medical Leave Act ) I pray this takes effect soon. I’ve always been a go-getter and I feel so trapped having to walk slow deal with the pain and that could be unbearable at times. I take nothing for pain, the doctor gives me nothing for pain. I can’t take NSAIDs due to my G.I. Issues and my blood pressure is high at nighttime. It’s horrible I’m just trying to find a way to live with this the best way I know how. I’ll take any suggestions. I’m ready to get back to work, I wear a brace when I am at work, I need my pain controlled before my blood pressure becomes a REAL problem."

Exhausted (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "This is my second year of getting euflexxa injections. They have worked very well for me. I am bone on bone osteoarthritis (also bad hips, shoulders, left ankle, and thumb} and can’t even imagine multiple joint replacements surgery in mid 70s. I knew it was time for another round last month when I could barely walk with a cane in bad pain.. Third injection yesterday and today I golfed. I have found that icing both knees a few times a day for a few days after injections works well. I am very grateful for the good days I have because of euflexxa.."

Grandma Schro (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 18, 2018