User Reviews for Sodium hyaluronate

Osteoarthritis
6.2

Summary of Sodium hyaluronate reviews 6.2 254 reviews

Reviews for Sodium hyaluronate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I just finished my 3rd set of Euflexxa bilateral knee injections . Wasn’t sure about them, but I now see a difference in my osteoarthritis in less than a week later. Hoping they continue to improve. My Dr said the relief would be gradual. Trying to avoid total knee replacement."

Nana (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2019

Durolane (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "It’s been 12 hours since I’ve received the Durolane injection in my right knee, I have a torn meniscus, OA, accompanied with effusion. Since moments after the injection the burning pain and the inability to walk is beyond belief. I’m sixty-five, with end stage arthritis in both feet, shoulders and right knee. This was sworn to have increased my quality of life. I’m sorry but as the day has progressed it has only gotten worse. I definitely am not looking forward to trying to get rest tonight. I have tried my pain medication, which by the way my physician changed from oxyocodone to hydrocodone today (a weaker pain killer, explaining it would be better), ice packs to supposedly reduce the swelling, and heat. My advice, after this venture to improve my quality of life is...don’t get Durolane. I have no idea what tomorrow will bring. Definitely regret going forward with what I’ve read to be a very new medication in the USA."

Reds May 16, 2019

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "This is my 2nd round of Euflexxa after the 1st round didn't work, it was decided that I should have arthroscopic surgery removing the torn part of my meniscus. Both times the side-effects were swelling, body aches, knees swelled and hurt. So I'm done with Euflexxa. My opinion - not worth it!"

Grossology April 25, 2019

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I am 68 years old and have OA in both knees. I have been nearly bone to bone on the left side. Three years ago I had so much pain that it was difficult to walk, and could hardly stand. I work 8 hours per day on my feet, so my Dr suggested Euflexxa injections and I must say they were a MIRACLE for me! I have had them every 6 months in both knees for the past three years and I have always gotten great results and relief. I have been able to work daily and not miss any time off, as well as work in my yard, and chase the grandkids around. I just started another round, and I am having a lot of pain in left knee but right knee is responding as usual, however, it is feeling like I may be facing a knee replacement on the left side. If your insurance will cover this drug, it is WELL worth the investment. It has bought me several years of mobility and pain free, even though it may be replacement on the one. I will come back and give an update after series is complete."

Photogram1 (taken for 2 to 5 years) April 18, 2019

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "felt great starting with the 1st injection. From what i was told and what i have read it is supposed to take full effect 5 weeks after the last injection. Well at 4 weeks my knees started to hurt again and now at about 8 weeks they hurt worse than they ever have. $ 700 out of pocket to feel worse."

TT (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 16, 2019

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had 3 injections 3 weeks apart in both knees the last being 2 months ago. I got no relief and am now scheduled for knee replacement. I was disappointed in the process."

jumo (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 11, 2019

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I got no relief after I started my Supartz injections so I just waited and hoped that eventually I would get some relief. I received the 5th injections 2 weeks ago and my pain now is worse than ever and some days I’m almost immobile. I am not able to even step off of a curb without help and some days the pain is so bad that I can't get out of bed. I opted for it because of the positive reviews. I’m sure it works for some people. I’m glad I tried even though it didn’t work for me."

Pulelehua (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 7, 2019

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Had three shots of Supartz, no problem but no help."

noah (taken for less than 1 month) April 5, 2019

Durolane (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "After being advised that I needed a full knee replacement, my arthritis specialist offered a alternative, Durokane. Three years and five injections later, I'm very happy with the results, my mobility is excellent. At $450 (multi user discount), I'll continue as long as possible and only have surgery if and when durolane no longer works. Highly recommend trying this prior to surgery."

Anonymous April 1, 2019

Durolane (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I have had injections of 1 MG in each big toe joint due over the last 2 years for severe OA. The total # is 4 sessions. The first time I had relief within 5 hours. I had no side effects and I had success in pain relief and mobility. Second injections were 9 months later and again no side effects. I was told they don’t usually last a full year and I was lucky the injections last for that time period. Cost was $420 for both feet and covered by my insurance. Third time was a year ago and was a success. I had recent injections this week and the experience was different. I have had a reaction in both feet of swelling and pain around the joints. Hope it goes away soon. I can’t get my shoes on. I have tried icing and pain relievers but nothing helps so far."

Tay (taken for 1 to 2 years) March 23, 2019

Gelsyn-3 (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had 3 injections a week apart in September 2018 in my right knee. The injections were extremely painful as the dr moved the needle around under my kneecap. I think the injections were somewhat helpful but did not entirely relieve my knee pain, especially from a bone spur. I finally had a total knee replacement last month and I hope I will be pain free soon."

Vicki (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2019

Durolane (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had my first Durolane injection in my left knee around October 2016. Within days the arthritic pain had. Totally gone. I had another injection in my right knee around six months ago and again pain gone. I had my left knee injected again today and given previous results I am confident it will work I lead international expeditions (jungle, desert, mountain etc) for a living and this has extended my ability to lead hard, physical trips. In the UK, this is not covered by my insurance but it costs me under $300. I have no connection to the manufacturer, just a very happy patient."

Jim (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 6, 2019

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I started experiencing severe pain in my right knee over 1.5 years ago. Doc told me is was moderated OA and I needed a replacement. He suggested the Euflexxa shots. After first injection I had no improvement. After second injection pain was markedly reduced and following third injection most pain was gone. It’s time now to treat this knee again along with the left one. Euflexxa has been a great alternative to surgery for me. Hopefully my insurance still covers it."

Pam (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 24, 2019

Hyalgan (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Pain never reduced even after 6 injections I had monthly once. Please avoid such injections as it worsen the condition more."

Aloke (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2019

Durolane (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "First day after injection was ok for few hours but at night started to feel huge pain in my knees. I couldn't walk and I was almost unable to stand up ."

Moroder65 (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2019

Durolane (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I tried this a few times with both of my knees. Extremely painful injections, cost me $2k each time ($1k per knee). Should have gone on vacation with that money, would have been more beneficial. They didn't work, only made more pain for 2 weeks, and nauseated."

Knee replacements (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 7, 2019

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I am bone on bone in both knees and decided to get the euflexxa injections to buy some time before having one replacement. I had the series of 3 on injections in October and I have had worsening pain each day since the last shots. It is now almost February and my knees have never been worse. I have pain from above my knees to my ankles. My knees feel like they are filled with cement. I used to walk about 3 miles several days per week and now I can barely walk a block. I can't get out of a seated position without having something to help pull me up and using the bathroom is a nightmare. Instead of improvement, I am getting worse daily. I would be very happy to be back at my pain level before these injections."

Samsgram (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2019

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I’m 41 year old with bone on bone osteoporosis in both knees. Dr says my knees look like someone’s twice my age. I had the series of 3 Euflexxa injections in my right knee. They were pretty painful injections. The third being the most painful. But, here it is almost 4 weeks since the last injection and I’m in a worse condition than pre injections. I was hoping these were going to work but I’m here to say they’re just a waste of time & money. I do not recommend these injections and I not go through the pain again for no result."

Rae January 21, 2019

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I am a 32 year old female, in good physical health, weight, etc. I have severe osteoarthritis and it is the worst case my orthopedic surgeon said he's ever seen in someone so young. I opted for the Euflexxa injections, 3 rounds, painful injections, supposed to feel a difference in 6 weeks, it has been 3 months and my knees feel much worse than they did before the injections. I'm sure that has helped other people with knee issues but for me it has done the opposite, my knees feel more weak then they ever have and are constantly painful."

Denali January 18, 2019

Durolane (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "BIG RIP OFF On Jan 4 I went to the “Joint Clinic” under referral of my doctor for a cortisone shot to my knee, I did, and I was suggested from the Joint Clinic doctor to get a Durolane shot also. It was advertised as a miracle temporal remedy, with the cost of $600.00. I said I’ll have to think about it, talked with my wife and we decided to go ahead. I made an appointment for Jan 10. For the whole week after my cortisone shot my knee felt much better. On Jan 10 I got the DUROLANE shot, I was told that I might get some discomfort for 3-4 days, well let me tell you my knee is in pain and I can’t walk without pain. I was better after I got the cortisone and I though I was going to get even better with this “miracle drug” now I’m so sorry that I went back for this injection. I WARNED YOU ALL, I know that if you’re in pain you’re willing to try it but I’ll guarantee you you won’t get any relief with Durolane you’ll actually be in more pain"

Nonanto January 14, 2019

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I have had the series of 3 injections two different times. It has definitely helped to reduce the dull ache and the inflammation. It seems to help me for 4 to 5 months and then the ache, pain and inflammation returns. It takes about a minute to receive the injection and I have had no side effects at all. I get relief beginning after the first injection. Not a wonder drug, but I would recommend trying it."

Richard (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 4, 2019

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had three injections about one week apart and I'm about three weeks past the last injection. I definitely have relief though certainly not 100%. It has taken the edge off my knee pain which was severe as I am bone on bone. I haven't had any side effects. My doctor hopes it will last six months and I will then be able to get another series of injections. I will be able to put off surgery if this continues to be successful. Cost of medication and injection $70 (each injection) after insurance which I consider well worth it."

yankeedoodle (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 24, 2018

Durolane (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "This is the worst injection on the market. I had the injection in both knees, right one was ok for awhile, but the left one got worst immediately getting it. I got sick, pain was extremely unbearable, What upset me more is my doctor never told me that the injection may not work or it may worsen my condition, he said this would make the quality of my life much better. What a lie. When I did see my doctor again, he then said it doesn't work for everyone, and didn't want to hear how worst my knees are now. His solution was to have knee replacement. I only had a small problem and was doing fine before I got with this doctor a little over 2yrs, now I am crippled and in severe pain daily. Both knees are damaged. I will do research on everything before putting or injecting anything in my body. There are Physicians out here only to make a profit, and not looking out for the patients best interest, do your research.... Please !"

Crippled (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I used the Euflexxa injections for a couple of years and they were a complete lifesaver!!! When I went for what I thought was going to be another round, I was told when I got into the exam room that Priority Health will no longer cover it, and unless I wanted to pay out of pocket (thousands of dollars) I would have to go back to cortisone shots, which don't work at all for me. I'm so sad.... I've had tons of knee pain in both knees since I had to stop the Euflexxa and now my doctor is recommending knee replacements in both knees. Shame on you, PRIORITY HEALTH!!!!!!!!! Insurance companies make me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They'd rather pay for a knee replacements than a relatively inexpensive drug that works!!!!????? It makes no sense.... and the impact on people's lives when they have to have major surgery is just unnecessary.......... Cover the drugs, please!!!!!!!!!"

Michigan December 9, 2018

Durolane (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had injections in both the right, and left knees at the same time. The right knee did okay, but the left knee was absolutely horrible. Within 4 hours of injections I had the most horrific reaction. The pain was the most extreme pain. I had pain killers and it would not relieve the pain. It was so bad I wanted to call an ambulance . The only reason I didn't was because my bedroom is up stairs, and I couldn't make the trip downstairs. I knew the only way the paramedics could get to me was breaking a 1500. Dollar door down. So I kept taking more pain killers and finally after 7 hours I had relief. Since the injections I have severe leg cramps in both legs, wow over the top! Itching over my body, bad lower back pain, RLS, and nausea. This continues. .. every day. My legs barely moves. Before treatment I was walking 2 1/2 miles daily, and I 'm 65.... obviously, I had a severe allergic reaction. Would not ever recommend. ...."

Butterfly (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2018