User Reviews for Sodium hyaluronate

Also known as: Euflexxa, Hyalgan, Supartz, Supartz FX

Learn more about Sodium hyaluronate.

Osteoarthritis 123 reviews 349 medications

7.2
Summary of Sodium hyaluronate reviews 123 reviews 7.2

Reviews for Sodium hyaluronate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Despite the reviews I read about Euflexxa, I received my first injection on yesterday. I was scared at first but I did it anyway. I have an excellent doctor. He explain everything before the injections. He said I would feel the initial stick and then pressure from the medicine going in. He also said I might have swelling, and pain at the injection site on the next day. I am please to report not only did I not feel the pressure. I did not have any pain or swelling at the injection site on the next day. When I woke up I had zero pain in my knee. I am glad I decided to get this injection. I can't wait to see what the second injection will make me feel like."

alylesmoney December 3, 2016

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "At first it was working after I got done with all the injections. A few months after I started accumulating alot of fluid on my knee that has not went away and it's been 9 months now. Now the pain is back and I'm 33 having trouble going up and down stairs. I car say I don't recommend it but i suggest doing research and asking questions."

Chunkybubbles December 2, 2016

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Had Total Knee on Left, Supartz and other shots did not work. Right Knee is worse then left and My Dr.suggested Euflexxa. Fairly new on market, at least since my previous TKR. By the second shot, pain begin to alleviate noticably. And after 3rd shot, even better. I am know in my 3rd year and about to get shot 3. Amazing results from Euflexxa. They relief lasts 11-12 months. Mr Dr. is pleased, especially since my X-rays show the degeneration has worsened. I am currently 68 yrs old. I wish Euflexxa was around when I had my TKR on the left knee. Now, only if I could get them in my shoulders. OA is progessing there also."

Just another Joe November 12, 2016

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had injections Jan 2015 in knee where I previously tore the cartilige and had it debrided. Degeneration is bad but I'm too young for knee replacement and really don't want it. I had several steriod shots prior and they worked but very limited time. It did take some time for the Euflexxa to "kick in". I think it was about a month before I kind of stopped noticing my knee. It's now Oct 2016 and I'm just now noticing my knee again because I have degenerative problems in all my joints and now it's the spine. The physical therapy is putting a strain on my knees (leg press, quad stretches) so now it's owie again. Until now I've been able to cycle daily about 10 miles without too much problem unless we are talking steep hill."

Surprisingly good results (taken for 1 to 2 years) October 27, 2016

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I've had all three injections of Euflexxa and my pain is no different. The pain in my knee is so severe I'm in tears some of the time, it's almost unbearable. I was hoping this medicine would help me postpone knee surgery, but it looks like that is now my only option. I had very high expectations for this treatment, I have several friends who had completely successful results. So very disappointed! The money spent was totally wasted."

Dee Ann Bee October 15, 2016

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "At this writing - Ive had Euflexxa shots 3 times over the last 2 years . The 1st time the shots lasted about 6 months - the 2nd about 3 .Was going to have a Total Knee reconstruction - but thought to try the shots one last time . Day after the 2nd round my right knee was so stiff that I could barely walk - and that had been the lesser of the 2 ! The 3rd round of shots were put off an extra week to let the knee settle . After 2 weeks of the 3 shots both knees are just now starting to feel better and fairly pre arthritis normal . How long this round of Euflexxa lasts Ive no idea - different results , different people ,different times .The 1st 2 times Im glad to have had the shots - 3rd I almost wish Id not done and just had the inevitable surgery"

GabrielJohn October 6, 2016

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Got my 1st shot yesterday. Wasn't as bad as a flu shot. I have had symvist shots before with a different Dr that were so painful (but they helped) but I have had other shots from him that were also very painful, I just think some Drs are worse than others at giving shots.So far so good today. See what next week shot #2 brings.I think there could be a major difference in how it goes for some people depending on how severe the bone on bone is.My right knee isn't too bad so I went with the shots, my left knee is too far gone to even try so I will be looking at a replacement soon.By the way there was an elderly (near 100) woman getting one before me who said it was a breeze too, so I was glad to hear it wasn't painful for her. Good health all"

Llr1950 (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2016

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had my last injection 2 weeks ago(series of 3) I feel no change. I still have pain, hard to walk, go up and down stairs. Dr. said it will take a while for it to work. How long is awhile? He said they can repeat the procedure after 6 months. He has said I will need a knee replacement so why waste time and money getting the shots when they do not help. I should have went for the replacement vs shots and still having pain. I had part of meniscus removed and dr said the arthritis is really bad now in my knee and no more cartilage left."

Tammiann61 (taken for less than 1 month) September 24, 2016

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I go for my 3rd injection tomorrow of the Euflexa, but so far have only noticed my knee pain getting worse. My Dr. Said it can take up to 6 weeks after last injection to notice any relief. I know each person is different, however for me, I am in more pain then before I started these. I have been bone on bone in my right knee for over 2 years and I am really hoping for some relief in the next few weeks, as my only other option is total knee replacement."

Macord292929 September 14, 2016

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had my meniscus repaired last November after a fall the previous year. I had tried physical therapy, ice, heat, celebrex for 9 months.I have arthritis which is extremely painful. I received first cortisone shot which gave me wonderful relief for 6 weeks. Pain worsened so I needed to have knee drained on three separate occasions and more cortisone shots. My knee is still very swollen at least twice the size of my other one. I got Euflexxa shots over 3 week period. They were painful when administered. I experienced nausea and a headache after each shot approximately thirty minutes after injection.I didn't have any relief unfortunately. My surgeon feels it's time for knee replacement. I am happy for those who report success."

Mia 47 September 9, 2016

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had two injections in the right knee without pain. The third injection was so painful I nearly jumped. The dr who gives me the injection is a physiatrist and she gives it as you are sitting on the exam with your leg hanging down. I started the left knee thinking I wouldn't have pain for the first two injections like the other knee. OMG! The pain was so horrendous and Instarted to cry. I wanted to yank the needle out of her hand. The needle going in is not an issue. It's the injecting if the serum. THAT is crippling. It's like having surgery without anesthesia. I had to keep ice in it for the next 45 mins, what I didn't know is that after these injections and trigger shots, you should have a massage afterwards to move the medication around"

Medavinci (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 4, 2016

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I have had the series of three shots and am not feeling better. I felt better after the first shot but now I'm feeling the same old way. It hurts to climb or descend stairs, walking for prolonged periods hurts, my knees still hurt. Is there a time frame for the injections to talk hold and you feel better?"

Justwannawalk (taken for less than 1 month) September 2, 2016

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "This is the miracle to all the knee pain, I need to do a commercial for this injection its the best thing ever, had it 8 years ago worked for about 2 or 3 years, got it again it worked the same and this is the 3rd time it took longer for it to work but it worked just the same. I'm the wife and so please at how he feels. he walked with a bad limp at first until he got this injection. OMG."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 29, 2016

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Had scope on right knee 30 years ago. Meniscus tears in left knee and pains in right knee now. Cortisone for right knee did nothing so three shots of euflexxa with no pains followed. Surgery for left knee. After almost four months right knee has just stiffened without warning. Came to this site looking for answers."

uncle bill August 29, 2016

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had torn my meniscus in my left knee about 20 years ago. The Dr said he didn't recommend any surgery unless it got so bad I couldn't stand it. Well I'm not weak when it comes to pain. So I lasted years without doing anything. But then the time came I needed help. So when I went in the Dr told me about the euflexxa shots. My knee was bone on bone. So I agreed to do it. I got relief the very first shot. You can get them every 6 months but mine last me for at least 2 years. So yes I have had them 3 times in that knee with excellent results. Now I'm having trouble with my right knee. First I had bursitis so I got a cortisone shot. Then my knee was swollen 3 times the size it should be. They then drained 40 cc of fluid from there."

Anonymous August 25, 2016

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had arthroscopic surgery in 2012 to clean up the damaged cartilage under kneecap so basically bone on bone under knee cap. They also did lateral release to straighten kneecap. Two months later I had series of 3 Synvisc shots which lasted two years. I don't remember two much pain. In 2014, I waited two long and until I had a lot of pain to get next series of Synvisc. Last shot was painful. We switched to Euflexxa and I just had second shot yesterday. The pain the three days after is the worst. After first shot, it took 3 days to recover and four days of no pain before second shot. Today is day after second shot and I have much pain. Will report back after 3rd shot and update to see if this is better than Synvisc."

ReneeRWH August 18, 2016

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I'm going on two years now with almost no pain. I see stairs and try to figure out where the elvators were, curbs were also a challenge. I never experienced pain during injections and noticed immediate relief even walking back to my car. By the 3rd injection, I was thrilled ! So happy with this."

Donnaja68 August 18, 2016

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Had the first of 3 last week- 2nd injection tomorrow. The shot itself did not seem too bad- some bad pain the next 3 days-- seems better today. Will update after 2nd shot. She suggested having a cortisone shot with the series of 3- has anyone else done that? I was hoping to not do cortisone again for a while due to weight gain."

Patty330 July 25, 2016

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "had all 3 injections. A lot of pain after 1st one other 2 not to bad. I have had no improvement at all. I am extremely disappointed."

Have bone on bone right knee July 25, 2016

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I am on my 3rd injections on both knees and in severe pain. The first one wasn't too bad, second was pretty bad, this time I can barely walk. The Dr said I should start getting some relief soon so I'm really hoping these work. I don't want to scare anyone away from getting these shots, I don't think my reaction is typical.,"

1treasurehunterdale (taken for less than 1 month) July 20, 2016

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "was having severe leg pain with 2nd shot but dr gave me 3rd shot without listening to my concerns. 3rd shot disabled my walking for 3 months, lost energy to where I had to rest after taking a shower, unable to walk without cane or assistance for 3 months, could not put sock on my foot as bending at all caused unbearable pain in groin. difficulty sleeping with pain without sleep aid. would never want to experience that again. But, after 6 months, I am able to walk 2 miles daily without knee hurting at all. Primary doc said I had an allergic reaction to the medication."

old novice July 17, 2016

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I just received my third injection today and it may be a bit too early to guage how effective it will be. However, I am pleased to report that unlike some of the reviewers I did not find the injections to be painful. I just felt pressure and some discomfort when the fluid was injected but it was quickly over. And for that I thankful. I'll report back after a month or so."

Achy Knee (taken for less than 1 month) July 13, 2016

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had meniscus repair in December 2015. The doctor tore my hamstring during the process so I ended up in PT for 6 weeks. Within a couple of months I was walking 3 miles a day again. By the end of April my knee was swelling and painful. Had cortisone shots twice and they didn't help. Doctor recommended Euflexxa. I noticed a positive difference after the 1st and 2nd shot for a day or two at at time, both shots did not hurt. By the time I had the 3rd shot, it hurt so bad I cried and my husband had to carry me out of the dr. office. My knee has been like a cantaloupe ever since and my other joints are swelling and achy. Nothing positive has come from these shots for me. I'm scheduled now for a partial knee replacement this December."

Knee Dean (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 27, 2016

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I completed all 3 shots about 2 weeks ago. My knee is feeling so much better. I don't need my cane anymore. I went back to Exercise class this week and can do the standing exercises again. Very impressed!"

Pgh Ann (taken for less than 1 month) June 17, 2016

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Bone on bone both knees. Retired RN 68 12hour shifts for 21 years really hard on the knees. Walked in to Orthopedic unable to put any weight on right leg without pain. After first injection pain was gone. Got #2 and #3 a week apart. No pain for two years!"

AndeeC June 9, 2016