User Reviews for Sodium hyaluronate

Also known as: Euflexxa, Gelsyn-3, Hyalgan, Supartz, Supartz FX

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Sodium hyaluronate.

Osteoarthritis
6.7

Summary of Sodium hyaluronate reviews 6.7 183 reviews

Reviews for Sodium hyaluronate

Gelsyn-3 (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I have two bad knees. The doctor had put Orthovisc in the right one a few years ago and it’s been fine. The left one has become failing so he agreed to inject it with a solution. I thought it would be the same thing. On the third injection I saw the tube and it was marked Gel-SYN3. That was 2 months ago. I am still unable to walk or climb up stairs without hold my breath. I have to help my legs out of the car. After sitting I have to raise myself to standing with my arms. My right knee is starting to fail again because of the stress on it. I will refuse to have Gel -SYN3 placed inside my right knee joint after the first experience. The stuff caused my entire leg to swell and a lump formed behind my knee."

Memrnc (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I took all three shots of euflexxa about 10 weeks ago. The shots itself were somewhat painful however tolerable. I have not experienced any relief from the pain from having had the shots done. I still have lots of swelling in my knee and I'm limping even more."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 17, 2018

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "August 2014 I had supartz shots in both knees. Before having them....I asked the Dr about allergy reactions and he said he never had any one have a reaction....very safe. A few days later I was in the E.R. because I was having an allergic reaction, so we had to cancel the rest of shots. Amazingly, the one shot helped quite a bit and the following year I lost a lot of weight which has helped my knees greatly. I have managed to control my knee problems with physical therapy, essential oils and creams and fish oil. I think for someone who doesn't have a lot of allergies like me.....this could be a good product."

GVeronica2000 (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2018

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I have knee pain. Cortisone shots helped for a couple of years. Then I had meniscus cleaned up in both and more cortisone for a year. When the pain came back I got Supartz injections in both knees - a series of 3 shots. At first it didn't seem to work, but after about a month it seemed to kick in. I still get sore if I overdo it when hiking or dancing, but overall it was worth it. So far it has lasted 5 months. I don't think I'll be skiing or running again but being able to stand and walk around all day without pain is great."

Bombera December 22, 2017

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Have had Osteoarthritis for years. I have Factor Five Liden, which is a blood clotting disease. Hematology explained the risk involved in the total knee replacement for both knees which i need. He suggested Euflexxa injections. First one was tolerable. Second one was so painful, I vowed not to return. My daughter convinced me to return for the third one. This was the Tuesday before Thanksgiving. As of today, have not had any relief. Only gotten worse. Can't hardly walk. In pain 24 hours a day. "

Anonymous (taken for 2 to 5 years) December 22, 2017

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Knee pain causing me to wake during night and hurting when playing tennis and going up stairs. I had series of 3 shots 8 months ago and still am pain free."

Disapointed (taken for 6 months to 1 year) December 15, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: "I started getting positive results from injection one. Stiffness in both knees is what impressed me most It was gone"

Bimbo1701 December 7, 2017

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I have had all 3 series of shots and I have no relief from this injection I have been in worse pain wish I never did it they say it takes 6 weeks after the shots for you to feel better I don't understand I can't even sleep at night the pain is so unbearable what to do"

Andie.s December 5, 2017

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Osteoarthritis in both knees. I had a cortisone injection and it worked great but only lasted about eight weeks. It was too soon to receive another cortisone shot so Euflexxa was recommended by the PA. I received the three shots of Euflexxa over a three week period. This was a total waste of time and money as the shots provided no relief at all. It is my understanding that the insurance companies are going to discontinue covering this procedure in the very near future."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 2, 2017

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had arthroscopic surgery on my left knee 2 years and 6 mo. ago. My orthopedist told me that I will eventually have to have a total knee. Since then , I have had 2 Euflexxa injections. I will be receiving another injection in 2 weeks. It has been 15 mo. since the last shot. I'm a retired Physical Therapist and do my exercises faithfully."

Ranta November 21, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: "In defence of this product, I will say, it won't suit everyone. I'm 54, and I've walked a lot, since I was a young girl. Walked our dogs 3 times a day, and carried shopping bags, from the village supermarket. Cartilage, on both knees has practically gone, and could barely walk. Docs were in despair! Hyaluronate sodium, is not a cure, but does promote healing, lubricating the joints. I am fortunate to have less damage (dead bone) to my knees, not needing immediate knee replacements. The pain I had, was also massive fluid build up, which was removed yesterday, before I was injected with the HS. It hurt so much, but afterwards subsided. I'm to have 4 more treatments, one every 10 days. As for cost? Its very cheap in Europe €15 a shot."

Miss Joneybones (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2017

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I just finished with my 5th injection in my left knee, can not walk today. Pain after injection was like having a scope done and walking on it immediately after. Hoping to find some relief soon. Not looking good.."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2017

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I received the 5 shot series and they did not work for me at all! My knee pain is worse than it's ever been."

Pain and frustration (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 13, 2017

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Here is my Euflexxa story. I am 62 years old. I have always loved to play baseball. And now I play senior softball. And play in several tournaments a year. I have played senior softball for seven years now. At first everything was ok with my knees. I was able to run and field my position. As an infielder I put a lot of stress and torque on my knee every game, every week. But then 2014 I started having knee issues. The first time I had knee problems I walked around with a limp for 4 months. I went thought the usual knee remedies with the cortisone shots. But after 2 years the cortisone shots stopped working. Then after a 3 day, 9 game tournament. My knee acted up again. I limped around for 4 to 5 months. Then my doctor recommended EUFLEXXA to me. I hesitated at first. Then I received the Euflexxa shots in early 2017. And I was able to play the entire Senior softball season, with very little pain. I played in tournaments every other weekend from May to October. I even played in a 3 day tournament that included 8 games. I did have minor soreness after each tournament, but that only lasted a couple of days. I tell anyone who will listen about Euflexxa. And I know of several players have started checking into Euflexxa. In fact just received and answered an Email from an ex teammate about Euflexxa. And it was for his wife. So, thank you for making Euflexxa and I will keep on telling everyone about it."

Lil Steve-Senior Softball Play (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 11, 2017

For Osteoarthritis: "I just had my first injection today, my first of 5. It was the most painful experience that I have ever experienced in my life. I thought it was going to be like a normal injection bam and done! I'm reading the other comments and everyone is reporting that it is not painful. I'm confused??? The pain occurred immediately during and lasted for 5 minutes...I was in agony. The pain subsided after 5 minutes from unbearable and intolerable 10/10 to 3/10 for the remainder of the day. However, I still can't walk on it."

Drynalove October 3, 2017

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I have been getting the injections since around 2006, they are just now not working, have an appointment to go in, but the last series did not even last two months, I give it a 10, as from 2006-2017 I did not have to have a replacement, and I would do the same thing again."

GinnyMoore September 28, 2017

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I am 71 yrs old with bone on bone severe arthritis in right knee and arthritis left knee. Orthopedic surgeon suggested knee replacement three yrs ago. Started euflexxa injections at that time and now relatively pain free. Have the three shot treatment every 6 months. I walk 2 miles daily, do Zumba and strength training. Hopefully, I will never need knee replacement."

Old Lady 71 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 22, 2017

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "After 3 shots, the pain is worse. I think I have a injured ligament. Knee cap doesn't hurt. It hurts from above the knee going up my leg about 4 inches. One surgeon said, I need a knee cap replacement, yet the knee cap doesn't hurt. It's under the muscle going down my leg to the top left edge of the knee. The Euflexxa made the pain even worse. I'm not a good candidate for surgery, and I'm at a loss at what to do next."

Beth B. September 20, 2017

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had 3 injections in 3 weeks. That was two and a half months ago. I have gotten not one ounce of relief. Doc gave me prednisone today hoping it will give me a boost."

Rebecca Perere September 19, 2017

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had this Euflexxa injection back in 2015, and it work excellence for me, haven't has to do any injection in my knees since. No swelling nor fluid since, yes I have recommended this injection to several of my friends, because it work for me."

Anonymous September 8, 2017

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "My wife tried to find out from Lourdes Hospital "How much are these injections? " Insurance billing claimed "Oh your Blue Cross covers it!" Had to get 3 injections, once a week for 3 weeks. Injections weren't painful or helpful. Have patiently waited, for Dr said sometimes it takes awhile. No IMPROVEMENT, In fact knee is WORSE. But worst pain was the C O S T!!! Could have gotten 1 SYMVASTIN injection, that cost my wife $1,200 instead of 3 injections of the miracle drug SUPRATZ for ,get this .....$6,600 !!! That's right people $2,200 an injection & my knee is so very very MESSED UP!"

JoeJoe Town (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2017

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I got all 5 shots about 4 months ago. I had relief from pain for about 2 weeks, now my knee hurts as much as it did before the shots."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2017

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I am a Certified Spin instructor and I currently take and/or teach 6 classes per week. Have done so for years and before that I was a high impact aerobics instructor which is where I probably did my damage. I also ride my road bike appx 50 miles a week. I suffer from OA and torn meniscus ( 2 places) in my left knee only. I had shot #1 and taught the same day. I immediately noticed a slight improvement with a feeling of increased stability. I no longer take Ibuprofen as needed which was usually only before spin classes. I have #2 tomorrow so I'm hoping for more improvement. BTW the shot easier than the Cortisone shot."

Gulfportcpa July 27, 2017

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "May 16, 2017 was my last injection everything seem to be going well did not have discomfort was able to walk without limping so much. But then in the middle towards the end of June 2017 I started having severe pain unable to bear weight and my knee has really really been killing me having trouble bending. Morning getting up it's very difficult when I get myself going I'm OK but still with a lot of discomfort unfortunately for me I don't know how long this injection was supposed to help but I'm in pain I'm looking at a total knee replacement.. I will definitely be making a doctors appointment with my orthopedic but I'm waiting for after October because that's when my son is getting married so I'm going to have to deal with the pain . "

Mrsboricua61 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2017

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I am 56 year old woman with knee osteoarthritis (in both knees) I get euflexxa injections every 6 months. They help me tremendously. By the time 5 months comes around, I can tell I'll be needing them soon. If it can buy me time with getting these two bad knees getting replaced, I am thankful! "

Ccbrat (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 12, 2017