User Reviews for Sodium hyaluronate

Also known as: Euflexxa, Gelsyn-3, Hyalgan, Supartz, Supartz FX

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Sodium hyaluronate.

Osteoarthritis
6.7

Summary of Sodium hyaluronate reviews 6.7 173 reviews

Reviews for Sodium hyaluronate

For Osteoarthritis: "In defence of this product, I will say, it won't suit everyone. I'm 54, and I've walked a lot, since I was a young girl. Walked our dogs 3 times a day, and carried shopping bags, from the village supermarket. Cartilage, on both knees has practically gone, and could barely walk. Docs were in despair! Hyaluronate sodium, is not a cure, but does promote healing, lubricating the joints. I am fortunate to have less damage (dead bone) to my knees, not needing immediate knee replacements. The pain I had, was also massive fluid build up, which was removed yesterday, before I was injected with the HS. It hurt so much, but afterwards subsided. I'm to have 4 more treatments, one every 10 days. As for cost? Its very cheap in Europe €15 a shot."

Miss Joneybones (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I just finished with my 5th injection in my left knee, can not walk today. Pain after injection was like having a scope done and walking on it immediately after. Hoping to find some relief soon. Not looking good.."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) October 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I received the 5 shot series and they did not work for me at all! My knee pain is worse than it's ever been."

Pain and frustration (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Here is my Euflexxa story. I am 62 years old. I have always loved to play baseball. And now I play senior softball. And play in several tournaments a year. I have played senior softball for seven years now. At first everything was ok with my knees. I was able to run and field my position. As an infielder I put a lot of stress and torque on my knee every game, every week. But then 2014 I started having knee issues. The first time I had knee problems I walked around with a limp for 4 months. I went thought the usual knee remedies with the cortisone shots. But after 2 years the cortisone shots stopped working. Then after a 3 day, 9 game tournament. My knee acted up again. I limped around for 4 to 5 months. Then my doctor recommended EUFLEXXA to me. I hesitated at first. Then I received the Euflexxa shots in early 2017. And I was able to play the entire Senior softball season, with very little pain. I played in tournaments every other weekend from May to October. I even played in a 3 day tournament that included 8 games. I did have minor soreness after each tournament, but that only lasted a couple of days. I tell anyone who will listen about Euflexxa. And I know of several players have started checking into Euflexxa. In fact just received and answered an Email from an ex teammate about Euflexxa. And it was for his wife. So, thank you for making Euflexxa and I will keep on telling everyone about it."

Lil Steve-Senior Softball Play (taken for 6 months to 1 year) October 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Osteoarthritis: "I just had my first injection today, my first of 5. It was the most painful experience that I have ever experienced in my life. I thought it was going to be like a normal injection bam and done! I'm reading the other comments and everyone is reporting that it is not painful. I'm confused??? The pain occurred immediately during and lasted for 5 minutes...I was in agony. The pain subsided after 5 minutes from unbearable and intolerable 10/10 to 3/10 for the remainder of the day. However, I still can't walk on it."

Drynalove October 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I have been getting the injections since around 2006, they are just now not working, have an appointment to go in, but the last series did not even last two months, I give it a 10, as from 2006-2017 I did not have to have a replacement, and I would do the same thing again."

GinnyMoore September 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I am 71 yrs old with bone on bone severe arthritis in right knee and arthritis left knee. Orthopedic surgeon suggested knee replacement three yrs ago. Started euflexxa injections at that time and now relatively pain free. Have the three shot treatment every 6 months. I walk 2 miles daily, do Zumba and strength training. Hopefully, I will never need knee replacement."

Old Lady 71 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "After 3 shots, the pain is worse. I think I have a injured ligament. Knee cap doesn't hurt. It hurts from above the knee going up my leg about 4 inches. One surgeon said, I need a knee cap replacement, yet the knee cap doesn't hurt. It's under the muscle going down my leg to the top left edge of the knee. The Euflexxa made the pain even worse. I'm not a good candidate for surgery, and I'm at a loss at what to do next."

Beth B. September 20, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had 3 injections in 3 weeks. That was two and a half months ago. I have gotten not one ounce of relief. Doc gave me prednisone today hoping it will give me a boost."

Rebecca Perere September 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had this Euflexxa injection back in 2015, and it work excellence for me, haven't has to do any injection in my knees since. No swelling nor fluid since, yes I have recommended this injection to several of my friends, because it work for me."

Anonymous September 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "My wife tried to find out from Lourdes Hospital "How much are these injections? " Insurance billing claimed "Oh your Blue Cross covers it!" Had to get 3 injections, once a week for 3 weeks. Injections weren't painful or helpful. Have patiently waited, for Dr said sometimes it takes awhile. No IMPROVEMENT, In fact knee is WORSE. But worst pain was the C O S T!!! Could have gotten 1 SYMVASTIN injection, that cost my wife $1,200 instead of 3 injections of the miracle drug SUPRATZ for ,get this .....$6,600 !!! That's right people $2,200 an injection & my knee is so very very MESSED UP!"

JoeJoe Town (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I got all 5 shots about 4 months ago. I had relief from pain for about 2 weeks, now my knee hurts as much as it did before the shots."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I am a Certified Spin instructor and I currently take and/or teach 6 classes per week. Have done so for years and before that I was a high impact aerobics instructor which is where I probably did my damage. I also ride my road bike appx 50 miles a week. I suffer from OA and torn meniscus ( 2 places) in my left knee only. I had shot #1 and taught the same day. I immediately noticed a slight improvement with a feeling of increased stability. I no longer take Ibuprofen as needed which was usually only before spin classes. I have #2 tomorrow so I'm hoping for more improvement. BTW the shot easier than the Cortisone shot."

Gulfportcpa July 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "May 16, 2017 was my last injection everything seem to be going well did not have discomfort was able to walk without limping so much. But then in the middle towards the end of June 2017 I started having severe pain unable to bear weight and my knee has really really been killing me having trouble bending. Morning getting up it's very difficult when I get myself going I'm OK but still with a lot of discomfort unfortunately for me I don't know how long this injection was supposed to help but I'm in pain I'm looking at a total knee replacement.. I will definitely be making a doctors appointment with my orthopedic but I'm waiting for after October because that's when my son is getting married so I'm going to have to deal with the pain . "

Mrsboricua61 (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 18, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I am 56 year old woman with knee osteoarthritis (in both knees) I get euflexxa injections every 6 months. They help me tremendously. By the time 5 months comes around, I can tell I'll be needing them soon. If it can buy me time with getting these two bad knees getting replaced, I am thankful! "

Ccbrat (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 12, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I am 76, a right handed tennis player with left knee pain around the knee cap and toward the inside of knee. I finished a series of 3 shots a couple of months ago and can report no improvement, in fact the last few weeks pain is worse."

Grandel (taken for less than 1 month) July 10, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "My knees were in so much pain that my doctor recommended me have euflexxa shots in both of my knees. I had my last injection, number 3, on June 16th and I have no improvement in my knees. This was very costly which I really could not afford and my knees are in just as much pain now as they were before I had the injections."

Cruser (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I have had this twice. The first last me almost 8 yrs before I needed 2nd injections and now over 7 yrs and still pain free I'm happy with that injections...works better than steroids and cortisone shots. Hardly any side effects"

Cheryl07 July 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I'm a 57 yr active male. Played sports through my life including year round ice hockey from age 35yrs to 50 yrs which is where I likely damaged both knees (medial meniscus). Had both knees repaired in 2014 and 2016. My right knee had very slight OA and hurts the most. I began running 30 miles/week only 3 months after my 2014 operation and just stopped my running about 3 weeks ago since the pain in my right knee is unbearable as it is difficult climbing and going down stairs plus I have a limp. My orthopedic surgeon suggested Euflexxa a few days ago and I requested both knees. So, now I am waiting 2-5 weeks to "order" with my insurance and expect to be healed/no pain after the 3rd week. Will keep all up to date."

AxSlash (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "First series of shot I received were over a year and a half ago. Just started shot again in both knees, hope they last a long or longer than the first series. Before Euflexxa I was treated with Synvisc which lasted only 5 months."

Ray3040 June 28, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I played tennis 5 times a week for over 25 years of my life. This and arthritis since age 13 destroyed my knee caps and caused my left knee to deteriorate to bone-on-bone and the bone marrow was bleeding out. I had the knee replaced and had a horrible recovery over 6 months and many months more for ankle and foot pain. Then my right knee became unbearable and I decided to go for the gel. I had my first injection last Monday and felt better within the same day. Walking was less painful, swelling around the knee went down, I could sleep at night. I am very happy with the results so far, got another injection today and I hope that this will continue. I am 75, had a new knee 12 yrs ago and hip replacement recently."

Annelor June 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Had my last of three injections in my left knee on June 2, 2017. I had about a week of minimal pain and some return of movement. Today, June 21, 2017, the pain is about twice as bad as before the injections and my knee is swelled up so bad it's hard to put on jeans. The swelling has also moved down to my ankle. My left ankle is twice the size of my right ankle. My doctor told me to come back in 6 weeks for a cortisone "booster" if I still felt pain. If I might need a "booster", why was this expensive trash recommended in the first place?"

Tmoney56 June 22, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had torn meniscus surgeries x2 , then bone on bone in L knee and pain in R knee. Cortisone shots x2 no relief . Just finished Euflexxa x3 in both knees last week . Feel so much better can walk without cane , can sleep. Very happy so far. I'm only 55 and active so not being able to do a lot was hard"

RN mom of 2 (taken for less than 1 month) June 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Hyalgan (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I've had three injections for arthritis in my knee. My first injection no change. Second injection I physically had to lift my leg to move it. Could not drive. Both my GP doctor and pain management doctor said it was a miracle drug. I beg to differ."

4surgeriesdown June 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "So far after 2 injections I see no difference. I am getting the third today. How long does it take to get results?"

Paluptak (taken for less than 1 month) May 31, 2017