User Reviews for Sodium hyaluronate

Osteoarthritis
6.6

Summary of Sodium hyaluronate reviews 6.6 210 reviews

Reviews for Sodium hyaluronate

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Euflexxa gave me about 65% relief for 30 days, after that the pain was back just as before. I would not recommend this product. I had 3 shots and it was just a waste of money."

Phil (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I love Euflexxa! I've had 5 rounds of it over 5 years. Yes, I'm bone on bone, but still have a bit of space in my knee joint for the medication to get in and be useful. Since I've had 2 orthopods tell me that studies show that knee injections done blind only actually get in the joint space 2 out of 3 times (despite the claimed skill of the doctor in doing injections) I have the Euflexxa injected under floroscopy by a radiologist to be sure the medication goes to the correct space (my husband is a radiologist who suggested it this way if I wanted to be sure). Euflexxa is the difference between me being able to walk (limp) 20 feet in severe pain, and me being able to walk for long distances for many hours WITHOUT pain. I'm not ready for knee replacement mentally and this is a wonderful thing. I've never had any reaction and find pain subsides after the 2nd injection and lasts fully for 6 months and then I start hurting again and need another round at about 8 to 10 months out."

vica (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 4, 2018

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Hi, I've had the cortisone shot and found it did more harm then good by my chiropractor. I have arthritis in both knees and no cartridge in my right knee so the pain is horrible when it's cold and raining; basically amy weather change. My first experience with supratz was the 5 series injection in 2017 and so far it's been a year now and the pain has returned mostly in my right knee. My doctor informed me I could start back getting them if needed and I opted to wait until closer too the fall and or winter when the pain is at its worst, the shots lasts for a year but I still limp at times and now wear knee braces to keep from falling which is new to me so I may have to go sooner but overall a very good product. Yes I really had to stay off my feet for 24hrs to let the medication work."

LeLe (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 31, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "In March, I started to experience pain after a day of ladder use. Thought it would go away. I had never had knee problems before this. After limping around for several months , I went to ortho Dr. I now believe it was tendonitis and not osteoporosis . I regret this decision for euflexxa . I am in more pain than I have ever experienced, including torn rotator and several abdominal surgeries."

Golfer (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 26, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had my first treatment 7 month ago and have had significant improvement in my right knee. The benefit has diminished over the last two months - about to line up for second treatment. For me, 6 month intervals look about right"

RobG (taken for 6 months to 1 year) July 25, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had my 3rd injection of Euflexxa three weeks ago and the knee is still the same. Very disappointed in having no relief."

davey (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Euflexxa is awsome. I had my first round of Euflexxa last winter had a good winter. My dr said they would last 6 months and they did started my 2nd round yesterday looking forward to the rest of the summer with no pain. When you get these injections you can’t sit around wait for them to work you have to get up and move so the knees don’t get stiff and sore. Had the first injections yesterday and feel good today"

Lin (taken for 6 months to 1 year) June 26, 2018

Hyalgan (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had a series of 5 shots of Hyalgan. Not impressed with this drug. I've had Euflexxa and Synvisc injections as well. Hands down Synvisc is my drug of choice. With Synvisc I minimal pain for a period of 4-5 yrs. As for Euflexxa it was less time pain free...would say 2 yrs. I did see signs of improvement within the second shot's of Hyalgan. And after I completed the 5, I started suffering bad knee pain to the point doctor thought I might have infection or water in the knee....negative for both. Another symptom I have with Hyalgan, my knees now crack quite a bit each and every time I get up. Prior to injections I had very minimal cracking knees. I will not be seeking therapy with Hyalgan."

MARTHA (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I’m a 43-year-old female with a Osteoarthritis I’ve had my third injection Euflexxa shot today. I have not gotten any better if anything I'm worse off. I've been off work for weeks on FMLA leave (Family and Medical Leave Act ) I pray this takes effect soon. I’ve always been a go-getter and I feel so trapped having to walk slow deal with the pain and that could be unbearable at times. I take nothing for pain, the doctor gives me nothing for pain. I can’t take NSAIDs due to my G.I. Issues and my blood pressure is high at nighttime. It’s horrible I’m just trying to find a way to live with this the best way I know how. I’ll take any suggestions. I’m ready to get back to work, I wear a brace when I am at work, I need my pain controlled before my blood pressure becomes a REAL problem."

Exhausted (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "This is my second year of getting euflexxa injections. They have worked very well for me. I am bone on bone osteoarthritis (also bad hips, shoulders, left ankle, and thumb} and can’t even imagine multiple joint replacements surgery in mid 70s. I knew it was time for another round last month when I could barely walk with a cane in bad pain.. Third injection yesterday and today I golfed. I have found that icing both knees a few times a day for a few days after injections works well. I am very grateful for the good days I have because of euflexxa.."

Grandma Schro (taken for 2 to 5 years) May 18, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "3 injections. The 1st not much change. The 2nd a little better. The 3rd hurt and was painful but after all was settled and done my pain was alleviated a great deal. I'm a 49 female with bone to bone arthritis and could barely walk. Now I'm good I noticed as time has passed Im a lot more active and now Im starting to go to the gym to loss weight and strengthen the muscles that support my knees that way when the Eufflexa wears off I will be better to manage my pain. I am one month down with my shots and its a 70/30 so I'm very happy with it. My doctor did state that since I am bone on bone that I had a 50/50 chance of it working or not. Well grateful to say it works. Keep you posted in another few months! Great results so far."

Kimberly (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 10, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Did 3 rounds of Synvisc, with NO success! Doc pushed forward for Euflexxa. What happens to the fluid when it is not accepted by your knees? I know..lymphodema!!!"

Earth Angel (taken for less than 1 month) April 21, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I have had 3 injections of Euflexxa in both knees in a 2 year period. (Each treatment lasted approx 9 mos.) after each injection I experienced swelling some discomfort for approx 3 days but rest and ice took care of it. 2 weeks after 3rd injection both times I could return to walking, climbing steps and riding my bike with no mobility issues or pain. I was so happy to have Euflexxa. knee replacement is not an option for me due to a blood clotting disorder. Last week I went in for my 1st injection in year 3. 12 hours after injections I presented with pain, severe headaches, nausea, fever (100,8-101.6) chills, aches . I contacted the Dr who said I was having a reaction to Euflexxa. the other 6 injections never did this. I am going on my 4th day of terrible side effects and have no idea how long this will last. The Dr cancelled my future injections. Before you try, question your Dr on side effects and if you are high risk for allergic reaction. It is not worth the risk."

DebH April 16, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Worst pain ever after the 3 rd injection. Never again! Was better off prior to injections."

Dixie April 12, 2018

Hyalgan (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I saw an orthopedic Dr. for knee pain. Got a cortisone. Then back in pain in 2 days. Dr. stated my cartilage was wearing thin but was not gone. Suggested I get the Hyalgan shots. Insurance approved BC/BS. What happen to the in between treatment. First shot nothing. Knee was swollen before shot. Ask about it was told no need to worry. Knee was still in the same amount of pain. One week later second shot. Leg hurt so bad and muscles locked and tighten up. Was told because my knee was swollen and I did not give it enough time. Now my knee pops.Third shot the next week. Was told I had to give it at least 2 weeks after the last shot. I have all these symptoms. •warmth, pain, redness, stiffness, bruising, or puffiness and locking and popping. My whole knee was swollen. Now after the fact they want me to see a Dr. to find out if I have inflammatory arthritis such as rheumatoid arthritis or gouty arthritis. I think this should have taken place before they gave me the Hyalgan shout."

BAD MOVE (taken for 6 months to 1 year) April 11, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had 4 injections of Hyalgan injections 7 years ago which caused me great pain. I refused the 5th injection because I could barely walk. Dr. recommended the Euflexxa because he said this was a different formula. I had the 3 injections, a week apart. For about a month, my knee felt better. Now it has been 8 months and I think this stuff is leaking out from the bottom of the kneecap. When that happens, I can barely walk. Pain and swelling are getting worse. Dr's PA asked if I was ready for more Euflexxa injections. I refused. No more!! Now, I don't know what to do."

Irene (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 28, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "This has been a miracle for me. After 40 years as a nurse, the last 10 in misery, I have had complete and total relief. It’s been 7 months now, has changed my life for the better."

Becky (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 26, 2018

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had the series of 5 shots back in 2012. The first two shots were mostly painless, the third hurt like anything, but the fourth and fifth were not bad at all. I was very happy with the results. Here it is 6 years later and my knee started becoming painful about a month ago. It's not the same "lightening" zapping pain like I had in 2012, now it's more of an overall ache. I have an appointment tomorrow to see if a second round can be done. I think 6 years of relief was pretty good."

teachrules March 22, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I have a wonderful experience with Euflexxa, give me my life back, just now my Humana insurance do not want to pay for it and telling me that Euflexxa is not for osteoarthritis, they can not be more wrong, maybe their family does not have my condition."

Mati (taken for 6 months to 1 year) March 12, 2018

For Osteoarthritis: "I have been getting my injections for 2 years for osteoarthritis left knee. I have seen tremendous results lasting for at least 7 months pain free and no inflammation. Before the injections I could barely function daily due to the pain and discomfort in my knee. I feel like my life has been returned to a joyful way of living. I was very surprised to receive notification from Kaiser Ortho that they will no longer offer Supartz. My concern is who did this data study? I never did a survey about effective Supartz has worked for me. I think this is a way to promote knee surgery! Not for me!"

PainFree (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 6, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "First injection on Friday. No pain. Could walk o k. Next day real pain to walk. Scale 1-10 (9) . Iced down and took Ibuprophen for pain. Most pain when trying to walk.. Now it's been 6 days and I've cancelled my scheduled 2 injections. I wonder if I will get back to where I was before the shot? I'm 83 female healthy ( retired nurse) I live alone and it's painful to get around. I read the success stories and wonder what went wrong for me? I also have a sore throats and joints ache and am more easily annoyed with my little dogs I've noticed. I wasn't advised any pain like this may happen. I believe it should have been."

Jean savage February 22, 2018

Supartz FX (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Now I walk much better. Thanks."

Gorry (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 22, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Week three, third injection one week ago today, so far left knee is responding well, right knee is still painful at times. But my right knee is bone on bone with spurs. The PA said don't expect results until two weeks after the third injection. The pain comes and goes in my right knee. When my right knee acts up or if I am going to be very active I wear a hinged brace. I am not expecting miracles just some relief."

skyhog February 15, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I'm 69, was very active and still working part time. I had a torn meniscus in the L knee, treated with cortisone shots for the pain. In Oct, I had an arthroscopy which revealed bone on bone in the knee. I need a knee replacement, but timing is not convenient now. I decided to try the Euflexxa shots, since I received Suparz ( in my R knee yrs ago and it was effective.( By the 3rd shot I could see a difference.) I've received 2 shots of Euflexxa so far, last one is due in a few days. As of yet I see no difference. Actually, I have more discomfort! This is very discouraging as I was a very active person, walking 2-3 miles a day and going to the gym 3-4 times a week. I can now barely do the stairs or my usual household chores or shopping. I did this regime as a "hail Mary" effort to give me some relief for a few months until my surgery could be scheduled. I'm not holding out any hope after reading so many testimonials similar to mine. Just wish in a few weeks I have some relief. I"

Lukie68 (taken for less than 1 month) February 9, 2018

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "My arthritis has been bad for quite a few years. Before supartz I was getting cortizone shots which only lasted a few months. I received 3 Supartz injections on each knee in September 2014! I was completely pain free for 3 years! My pain has returned and today I began my second time of supartz treatment. My doctor did tell me that just because it worked so well the first time that it may not work so well a second time but I was willing to pay cash (because Kaiser (my insurance) doesn't use supartz) at only $173 per injection (not like previous reviews claiming the cost at $2200 each shot) I live in California btw. I can come back in a few months and let you all know if it worked the 2nd time. Very happy with supartz. Oh and the first time my insurance at that time did cover the medication."

MissBettyN February 3, 2018