User Reviews for Sodium hyaluronate

Osteoarthritis
6.3

Summary of Sodium hyaluronate reviews 6.3 243 reviews

Reviews for Sodium hyaluronate

Durolane (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had my first Durolane injection in my left knee around October 2016. Within days the arthritic pain had. Totally gone. I had another injection in my right knee around six months ago and again pain gone. I had my left knee injected again today and given previous results I am confident it will work I lead international expeditions (jungle, desert, mountain etc) for a living and this has extended my ability to lead hard, physical trips. In the UK, this is not covered by my insurance but it costs me under $300. I have no connection to the manufacturer, just a very happy patient."

Jim (taken for 2 to 5 years) March 6, 2019

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I started experiencing severe pain in my right knee over 1.5 years ago. Doc told me is was moderated OA and I needed a replacement. He suggested the Euflexxa shots. After first injection I had no improvement. After second injection pain was markedly reduced and following third injection most pain was gone. It’s time now to treat this knee again along with the left one. Euflexxa has been a great alternative to surgery for me. Hopefully my insurance still covers it."

Pam (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 24, 2019

Hyalgan (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Pain never reduced even after 6 injections I had monthly once. Please avoid such injections as it worsen the condition more."

Aloke (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2019

Durolane (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "First day after injection was ok for few hours but at night started to feel huge pain in my knees. I couldn't walk and I was almost unable to stand up ."

Moroder65 (taken for less than 1 month) February 13, 2019

Durolane (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I tried this a few times with both of my knees. Extremely painful injections, cost me $2k each time ($1k per knee). Should have gone on vacation with that money, would have been more beneficial. They didn't work, only made more pain for 2 weeks, and nauseated."

Knee replacements (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 7, 2019

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I am bone on bone in both knees and decided to get the euflexxa injections to buy some time before having one replacement. I had the series of 3 on injections in October and I have had worsening pain each day since the last shots. It is now almost February and my knees have never been worse. I have pain from above my knees to my ankles. My knees feel like they are filled with cement. I used to walk about 3 miles several days per week and now I can barely walk a block. I can't get out of a seated position without having something to help pull me up and using the bathroom is a nightmare. Instead of improvement, I am getting worse daily. I would be very happy to be back at my pain level before these injections."

Samsgram (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2019

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I’m 41 year old with bone on bone osteoporosis in both knees. Dr says my knees look like someone’s twice my age. I had the series of 3 Euflexxa injections in my right knee. They were pretty painful injections. The third being the most painful. But, here it is almost 4 weeks since the last injection and I’m in a worse condition than pre injections. I was hoping these were going to work but I’m here to say they’re just a waste of time & money. I do not recommend these injections and I not go through the pain again for no result."

Rae January 21, 2019

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I am a 32 year old female, in good physical health, weight, etc. I have severe osteoarthritis and it is the worst case my orthopedic surgeon said he's ever seen in someone so young. I opted for the Euflexxa injections, 3 rounds, painful injections, supposed to feel a difference in 6 weeks, it has been 3 months and my knees feel much worse than they did before the injections. I'm sure that has helped other people with knee issues but for me it has done the opposite, my knees feel more weak then they ever have and are constantly painful."

Denali January 18, 2019

Durolane (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "BIG RIP OFF On Jan 4 I went to the “Joint Clinic” under referral of my doctor for a cortisone shot to my knee, I did, and I was suggested from the Joint Clinic doctor to get a Durolane shot also. It was advertised as a miracle temporal remedy, with the cost of $600.00. I said I’ll have to think about it, talked with my wife and we decided to go ahead. I made an appointment for Jan 10. For the whole week after my cortisone shot my knee felt much better. On Jan 10 I got the DUROLANE shot, I was told that I might get some discomfort for 3-4 days, well let me tell you my knee is in pain and I can’t walk without pain. I was better after I got the cortisone and I though I was going to get even better with this “miracle drug” now I’m so sorry that I went back for this injection. I WARNED YOU ALL, I know that if you’re in pain you’re willing to try it but I’ll guarantee you you won’t get any relief with Durolane you’ll actually be in more pain"

Nonanto January 14, 2019

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I have had the series of 3 injections two different times. It has definitely helped to reduce the dull ache and the inflammation. It seems to help me for 4 to 5 months and then the ache, pain and inflammation returns. It takes about a minute to receive the injection and I have had no side effects at all. I get relief beginning after the first injection. Not a wonder drug, but I would recommend trying it."

Richard (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 4, 2019

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had three injections about one week apart and I'm about three weeks past the last injection. I definitely have relief though certainly not 100%. It has taken the edge off my knee pain which was severe as I am bone on bone. I haven't had any side effects. My doctor hopes it will last six months and I will then be able to get another series of injections. I will be able to put off surgery if this continues to be successful. Cost of medication and injection $70 (each injection) after insurance which I consider well worth it."

yankeedoodle (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 24, 2018

Durolane (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "This is the worst injection on the market. I had the injection in both knees, right one was ok for awhile, but the left one got worst immediately getting it. I got sick, pain was extremely unbearable, What upset me more is my doctor never told me that the injection may not work or it may worsen my condition, he said this would make the quality of my life much better. What a lie. When I did see my doctor again, he then said it doesn't work for everyone, and didn't want to hear how worst my knees are now. His solution was to have knee replacement. I only had a small problem and was doing fine before I got with this doctor a little over 2yrs, now I am crippled and in severe pain daily. Both knees are damaged. I will do research on everything before putting or injecting anything in my body. There are Physicians out here only to make a profit, and not looking out for the patients best interest, do your research.... Please !"

Crippled (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 14, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I used the Euflexxa injections for a couple of years and they were a complete lifesaver!!! When I went for what I thought was going to be another round, I was told when I got into the exam room that Priority Health will no longer cover it, and unless I wanted to pay out of pocket (thousands of dollars) I would have to go back to cortisone shots, which don't work at all for me. I'm so sad.... I've had tons of knee pain in both knees since I had to stop the Euflexxa and now my doctor is recommending knee replacements in both knees. Shame on you, PRIORITY HEALTH!!!!!!!!! Insurance companies make me sick!!!!!!!!!!!!!! They'd rather pay for a knee replacements than a relatively inexpensive drug that works!!!!????? It makes no sense.... and the impact on people's lives when they have to have major surgery is just unnecessary.......... Cover the drugs, please!!!!!!!!!"

Michigan December 9, 2018

Durolane (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had injections in both the right, and left knees at the same time. The right knee did okay, but the left knee was absolutely horrible. Within 4 hours of injections I had the most horrific reaction. The pain was the most extreme pain. I had pain killers and it would not relieve the pain. It was so bad I wanted to call an ambulance . The only reason I didn't was because my bedroom is up stairs, and I couldn't make the trip downstairs. I knew the only way the paramedics could get to me was breaking a 1500. Dollar door down. So I kept taking more pain killers and finally after 7 hours I had relief. Since the injections I have severe leg cramps in both legs, wow over the top! Itching over my body, bad lower back pain, RLS, and nausea. This continues. .. every day. My legs barely moves. Before treatment I was walking 2 1/2 miles daily, and I 'm 65.... obviously, I had a severe allergic reaction. Would not ever recommend. ...."

Butterfly (taken for less than 1 month) December 1, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I moved to a new state so I had to change Doctors. I previously was getting Orthovisc shots a series of 4 , which worked great for me! But for some reason the new Doctor could not get Orthovisc and suggested Euflexxa. I had the three Euflexxa injection in October and now two weeks after receiving them I am experiencing locking knee, and knee buckling while walking . May need steroid injection now. I usually walk 2 miles a day . I’m going to fight for what worked for me so disappointed!"

Hazel eyed (taken for less than 1 month) November 27, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I’m a 40 year old former college level athlete. I have a blueberry sized defect in my cartilage on my left knee and severe chondromalacia. When I try to run, squat or lunge I have a severe sharp stabbing pain deep in my left knee. I did physical therapy for a year and took NSAIDS. I had the first of three Euflexxa injections today. The knee feels funny. Like the knee cap doesn’t know what to do. I have a limp I can’t get rid of. No real pain just a fullness in the knee especially under the knee cap. Doc said I have a tiny knee joint. I’m hoping that means I only need this one shot or only 2 shots cause I hate the idea of all this. Three surgeons disagree on surgery. One says OATS, one says chondroplasty the other says lateral release. Praying this stuff works!"

Kim q (taken for less than 1 month) November 16, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "After 3rd shot I feel worse off than before. May need to get a steroid shot. Stiff, sore from my calf all the way to lower hip. Dr says 12 weeks. really????"

Travelbear (taken for less than 1 month) November 10, 2018

Gelsyn-3 (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "In June I had Gelsyn-3 injections; about 4 wks later, I began to have feeling of something crawling on my legs . A couple weeks later ; painful spasms in both thighs. I don't know if it was reaction to the injections ; but this is now getting worse. I just wondering if anyone else has had the reaction after taking injections. Thanks for your input."

mom November 9, 2018

Supartz (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "This was a disaster. I had first injection AND the second one and was pain a lot. After the 3rd one I end up to ER. I almost died I was throwing up my heart beating fast, I stay in the hospital for 5 days finally they found out because of this stupid injection."

Guile (taken for less than 1 month) October 27, 2018

Gelsyn-3 (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had bad knees and had to hang on to the railing and felt a lot of pain going up the stairs. I had 3 injections of Gelsyn-3 around July of this year. I had wanted knee replacement but my doctor my doctor said that should be the last option. I had babied my knees because of the pain. Then the nurse told me that before I am given knee replacement they would like to see my knees get stronger. So I started exercising my knees which felt a little better after the injections. Now I can go up the stairs without pain and can sometimes try to scamper up the stairs. I will continue my exercises and after 6 months see if another round of shots is required."

Greg (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 22, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I had a series of 3 injections of Euflexxa by recommendation of my dr. After the third one I was told I wouldn’t see any improvement for about a month after. That month came and went and I was in worse shape than before. I had more pain, stiffness, and general discomfort. These injections were done blind and when I asked for a follow up I was told to seek another dr as there was nothing more they could do for me."

Hannah (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 17, 2018

Gelsyn-3 (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Got first shot 4 days ago and my knee has been swollen every day since, ankles are both swollen, cannot bend knee and scared to even move...especially walk. Not sure I will make it to where I need to go. Before the shot at least I could get around now what am I to do? Knee replacement seems to be the only option. Contemplating!!"

Pain is not paradise (taken for less than 1 month) October 7, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "I'm about to have my third year of Euflexxa shots. I'm 64 and am very active. I have OA and Synivitis in my knees. I generally work out 5 days a week. These injections have given me complete relief for 7-9 months every year I have had them."

Jazzerguy October 3, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "My doctor recommended euflexxa as he believed it would last longer than the injections he was given me previously. A few days after the second injection I started experiencing extreme pain in my knee and lower back. So severe at times I couldn't walk. I told my doctor and he suggested we wait an extra week before the third injection to see if the pain went away. He thought maybe it was the way he injected it. I had the third shot and the same thing happened. Two days after the injection I was in such severe pain again, my knee and my lower back. I again reported it to my doctor. I will not have this injection again. It is now two weeks after my injection and I still have the pain."

Chris (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2018

Euflexxa (sodium hyaluronate) for Osteoarthritis: "Had three shots for knee osteoarthritis starting 6 weeks ago. No relief, only increased stiffness and pain, especially after 3rd shot. My injections were done blind. I would like more info on the review where the injections were administered by a radiologist."

Jersey jack September 30, 2018