User Reviews for Progesterone

Also known as: Crinone, Cyclogest, Endometrin, First Progesterone MC10, First Progesterone MC5, Gestone, Menopause Formula Progesterone, Prochieve, Progest, Prometrium

Learn more about Progesterone.

Seizures 1 reviews 48 medications

Amenorrhea 3 reviews 34 medications

6.3
Summary of Progesterone reviews 33 reviews 7.7

Reviews for Progesterone

Prometrium (progesterone) for Progesterone Insufficiency: "I was diagnosed with hyperplasia. I was experiencing very heavy, clotty periods for YEARS. I thought this was normal until I had a month long period. This pill is heaven sent. I have not had a period for about 8 months, have lost a tone of weight, have more energy than I have had in years and I would say the only side effect is tender breasts. I cannot guarantee this result for everyone but clearly I was no producing my own progesterone."

boomer1171 November 22, 2016

For Progesterone Insufficiency: "Hey everyone, told you I'd be back. Lol So I'm still on the AK 100mg. pill. I have lost over 3 pounds. I haven't changed anything since before taking this medication. In fact the only thing it changed is my mood, and stress levels, an of course my hormonal issue. I do have a tiny list of effects it's had on me so far. Ok so, my voice before was deeper an more loud, angry so to speak.(Which was because of too much testosterone in my system.) So my voice started to change 3 days after starting this pill. It gave me a slight sore throat at first. Then my voice would cut out, or crack. So embarrassing...but now I have a softer tone. My depression is much less, I'm much happier now an positive. Acne is gone now too. Btw I'm 38. An progesterone works."

Shell99 (taken for less than 1 month) October 17, 2016

For Progesterone Insufficiency: "I'm on AK pill. My doctor said my weight problems an acne are from having no progesterone to regulate my hormones. An that it made my testosterone too high, which makes it hard to lose any weight. Took last night. Slept great. No bloat, an high energy. I'm happy so far. Can't say I have any bad side effects. I'll check back if I get any negatives."

Shell99 October 7, 2016

Prometrium (progesterone) for Progesterone Insufficiency: "I've been taking Prometrium for about 4 months now, & for the most part have no side effects. It works like its suppose to and keeps my progesterone to where it needs to be. However, just an FYI you should always take it before bed with food & I mean lights out in bed to sleep not watching TV or playing on your phone/tablet. If you take Prometrium & not go to bed it will cause a euphoric (high) feeling which may be unsettling to some people & may cause panic, because it does feel really weird."

Just an FYI. (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 5, 2016

For Endometrial Hyperplasia, Prophylaxis: "I was diagnosed 5 months ago with hyperplasia. I had experienced extreme periods with clotting and 7-10 bleeding for over 5 years. I thought this was normal for women approaching menopause, it is NOT. I was also 30-40 Lbs. over weight. My gynecologist put me on progesterone pills and a few months later she did a D&C. She told me my hyperplasia was gone and the best benefit is that i have no periods. I can't say enough about this pill. I am beyond child baring years so no periods is such a bonus!"

boomer0511 July 24, 2016

For Endometrial Hyperplasia, Prophylaxis: "I take this med because I use vivelle estrogen patch and need progesterone every 3 months to prevent uterine lining buildup. I take 200 intravaginally, every other day for 12 days - 6 doses total - every 3 months. At first dose, I was slammed with drowsiness, lower back pain, hot flashes at night, restless sleep and weakness in legs. I had cramps, but did not get a period. By the last dose, the side effects were better. but still it was no picnic. It's a small price to pay however for being able to take vivelle dot and get estrogen, and as far as I understand, the easiest way to take progesterone as I don't want a uterine implant."

savethetigers July 9, 2016

For Progesterone Insufficiency: "The first two years on 100 mg were ok with a very rough 3 month adjustment period of feeling emotionally and physically completely wacked out. After two years I started feeling menopausal symtoms of brain fog again so started taking 200 mg. This is my second month, emotional roller coaster angry outbursts, racing heartbeat, no sleep! I am giving it another month to see if things Will get to normal like before. Maybe I have to go through this every several years, part of getting older."

Maureen2 April 26, 2016

For Uterine Bleeding: "I am 44 years old and taking AK2 generic for Prometrium for unusual uterine bleeding. The doctor put me on this to stop my irregular bleeding but so far after 4 days of taking I am still bleeding with some clots. I am supposed to take this for 12 days. He said my progesterone levels were really low and the endometrium had built up too much in my uterus. The first time I took it I got really dizzy and sleepy so now taking at night. I have had bad headache on two different occasions and fast heartbeat and definitely feel brain fog and can't think. This medicine is no fun. I had normal cycle up until a month and a half ago but a few months before that noticed reduced cycle so having low hormonal levels I guess."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2016

Crinone (progesterone) for Progesterone Insufficiency: "After a few days of use I had such horrible itching it prevented me from sleeping. The itching took about a week after discontinued use to subside."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2015

Prometrium (progesterone) for Premature Labor: "I was on Prometrium from day 1 up until week 19 then I was placed on the Makena shot which is also progesterone until I was 36 weeks. I fully believe this is why I have my daughter today. She is almost two and has had no side effects from me taking this medication in pregnancy. I have MTHFR FACTOR and low progesterone. This is why I needed to be on this medication"

rebelsunset August 29, 2014

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: "I am a 51 year old woman diagnosed with fibroids and have experience very heavy bleeding. With the added issue of the pre-menopausal symptoms I felt like I was losing my mind. Have been taking Progesterone 200mg for about a week and I haven't felt this good in years. No more cloudy head, joint pains and night sweats are almost gone. Best part is I'm not craving junk food and sweets.. So far so good, no weird side effects. This is the best!"

Ms. G (taken for less than 1 month) June 4, 2013

85 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Endometriosis: "I've been taking this medication for a year now and was hoping I'd get used to it but no luck. It did initially help with the wicked menstrual cramps I'd get on day 2 (vomiting from pain) but I can't take enough of it due to the side effects. I can only take it on the weekend, then it ruins my whole weekend. I feel tired, dizzy, can't think clearly, clumsy, and kinda drunk. It also stays in my system a really long time, 24-36 hour half life so I'm drunk and dizzy for that long. Bummer because it doesn't make me feel nauseous at all, like the pill does. Still, I may try the birth control pill instead. Can't really function on this and not sure I should be driving, much less working on it."

curiousone13 February 2, 2013

Prometrium (progesterone) for Premature Labor: "Early pregnancy loss was a huge issue. I have been on prometrium since day after ovulation. I am 18 weeks pregnant. Drs wanted me to stop at 14 weeks I had extra and continued. I ran out for two days and started having contractions. My Dr decided it was best to stay on prometrium due to evidence of risked preterm labor."

Anonymous (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 2, 2012

Prometrium (progesterone) for Progesterone Insufficiency: "I am 49 and have been on this medication for one cycle. The side effects have not been as bad as I had anticipated. I had a few mild headaches, and bit of bloating, tender breasts and a mild acne breakout, and was a bit tired a few days. I am taking it for a proliferative endometrium and after 4 days being off the medicine, I am getting a period, so it seems to be working as planned. I am taking 200 mg."

swhitico81 (taken for less than 1 month) October 23, 2012

For Progesterone Insufficiency: "I am using this in my FET cycle for IVF. I am 4 weeks, 4 days pregnant. I was taking 2 vaginal inserts (100mg) each per day but after blood tests came back showing a very low Progesterone level, my Dr is having me take an additional 600 mg per day in pill form (200 mg, 3x per day). My Dr warned me that I would be very tired and possibly dizzy. I have been on the pills for 3 days now and have noticed that my breast are very tender and swollen which they weren't before and it does make me a little drowsy but not bad, It's manageable. I go back on Tuesday to check my levels."

Amber712 (taken for less than 1 month) September 30, 2012

Prometrium (progesterone) for Amenorrhea: "I am currently taking this medication for a missed cycle. I was told to take it at night due to the drowsiness it may cause. So far I have not noticed much of a problem with that. I have been on the pill for 5 days and the side effects are almost unbearable. I have breast tenderness, but also the muscles around my chest/back area are aching to the point of being painful. I called my doctor about this side effect and was told that the medication has not been known to cause achiness. After reading this website I see it is very possible. I have had some dizziness, sweating, and irritability as well. Either way the medication seems to be helping, but I really cannot wait to quit it!"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2012

For Progesterone Insufficiency: "All day dizziness and general blah feeling. Sleep majorly disrupted and when I get it it doesn't do anything to help with the tiredness I already have. Nails grew weak and thin. Also had some numbness in places which went away when I stopped the pill."

Snotori (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2012

For Perimenopausal Symptoms: "I am soon to be 49 and I was feeling so bad, hotflashes, 30 pounds of weight gain in 2 yrs, insomnia, foggy brain and a very large appetite, to name a few right but saw a doctor (alternative) and he did blood work and found my testosterone was so low and my progestin. So I now take a small dose of testosterone cream and 200 mg of natural progestin and can I tell you I feel like I did in my 30's. Use progestin at night, testosterone in the morning. I have lost 12 pds in about 40 days and it continues to fall off. Sleeping like a baby, no hot flashes and I think more clearly and my memory is awesome too. I do take a lot of supplements that work with the hormones. "

Lorijita April 22, 2012

103 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

Prometrium (progesterone) for Endometrial Hyperplasia, Prophylaxis: "I am taking this med without any estrogen for endometrial hyperplasia. I am in my first cycle of taking this and already started a period on day 9 of the 12 pills. I really hope this will eradicate my hyperplasia,"

etangel February 19, 2012

Prometrium (progesterone) for Progesterone Insufficiency: "I am on 100mg dose, days 14-28 of my period or the first 12 weeks of pregnancy. The first month was great, I felt level, the only side effects felt were extreme sugar cravings and vivid, bizarre dreams. However, in month two, no cravings, extreme mood swings and ranging from a need for a lot of sleep, not wanting to get out of bed to anxiety and very little sleep. No pregnancy yet."

Anonymous October 19, 2011

For Premature Labor: "After each injection I would be exhausted the next day. I would have severe depression which seemed to get worse with each injection. I'm only 25 weeks and have to continue taking it until I'm 34 weeks. Will see if it helps me go full term."

Anonymous June 8, 2011

Prometrium (progesterone) for Perimenopausal Symptoms: "I take this medicine in conjunction with applications of divigel "

Anonymous May 18, 2011

For Premature Labor: "I'm taking this medication to prevent premature delivery. With EVERY injection, I have gotten a debilitating migraine, not to mention soul-crushing depression. With no other options, I have to stay on the medication until I reach 32 weeks. "

Anonymous May 17, 2011

Prometrium (progesterone) for Uterine Bleeding: "It saved my baby. I was was showing signs of miscarrying because of my hormone levels. I took this for 12 weeks. The bleeding stopped the next day and I now have a healthy little girl!"

Anonymous March 10, 2011

Prometrium (progesterone) for Perimenopausal Symptoms: "Taking it at 100 mg. Didn't like the dizzy feeling. Started taking it at night, much better but I feel it building up in my system over time. I wish I could take half or 3/4 as much but it is not available in those doses. I have absorption issues and the liquid form is great except I can't cut it in half. I do like what it does for my thinking, digestion, emotions etc but over time irritability, heavy-dreaming, pregnant-like feeling build-up. I am a small woman about 110lbs, 5 feet and wish smaller doses were available. A little bit goes a long way."

kbehunin November 12, 2010

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate