User Reviews for Progesterone to treat Uterine Bleeding

Also known as: Prometrium, Crinone, Endometrin, Cyclogest, Progest, Menopause Formula Progesterone, First Progesterone MC10, First Progesterone MC5, Gestone, Prochieve

Progesterone Rating Summary

6.5/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 95 medications used in the treatment of Uterine Bleeding.

Reviews for Progesterone

Yogi · Taken for less than 1 month October 17, 2018

"I was prescribed progesterone by my GYN for unusual, post menopause spotting coupled with the thickening of my uterine lining. He said it might reduce the uterine lining. Mine is 16 mm and normal is about 4 mm. He did not say how this drug would achieve this. I do not know if the lining will evaporate or if I will have a period. I have been on it for 30 days and the spotting has stopped. I will now have a vaginal ultrasound to see how thick the lining is. I can't imagine it would be thinner because how would that happen if there was no period. I give the drug high points because I slept really well and there were no odd symptoms, no breast tenderness, no real dizziness. I took it at bedtime of course."

Frenchy · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 20, 2018

Prometrium (progesterone): "Helps bleeding. Makes asthma worse. Helps me sleep."

Melba Bona · Taken for less than 1 month January 1, 2018

Prometrium (progesterone): "I'm 50 and developed simple hyperplasia. Went eight months without a period and then had a three-week period that was very heavy and sent me to the ER for hemorrhaging. Doctor put me on Prometrium 100 mg daily for three months. After just two pills, I was having panic attacks during the day and at night. Could not take it. Current endometrial lining is 8.4mm after three weeks of bleeding, so likely will need a D&C. Will work with a naturopath to have some hormone testing done. It's likely that this dosage is just too high for me, but Prometrium doesn't come in a lower dose than 100 mg."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month April 18, 2016

"I am 44 years old and taking AK2 generic for Prometrium for unusual uterine bleeding. The doctor put me on this to stop my irregular bleeding but so far after 4 days of taking I am still bleeding with some clots. I am supposed to take this for 12 days. He said my progesterone levels were really low and the endometrium had built up too much in my uterus. The first time I took it I got really dizzy and sleepy so now taking at night. I have had bad headache on two different occasions and fast heartbeat and definitely feel brain fog and can't think. This medicine is no fun. I had normal cycle up until a month and a half ago but a few months before that noticed reduced cycle so having low hormonal levels I guess."

Anonymous March 10, 2011

Prometrium (progesterone): "It saved my baby. I was was showing signs of miscarrying because of my hormone levels. I took this for 12 weeks. The bleeding stopped the next day and I now have a healthy little girl!"

ACE24 November 13, 2008

Prometrium (progesterone): "My doctor is having me take this medication because I have excessive bleeding. So far the bleeding has stopped but I'm on day 10 and the side effects are kicking in. I have breast tenderness, stomach cramps and I makes me very tired. Overall so far it has done what it needs to do. I go off of it in 2 days I'm hoping that my body will regulate."