User Reviews for Progesterone to treat Amenorrhea

Also known as: Prometrium, Crinone, Endometrin, Cyclogest, Progest, Menopause Formula Progesterone, First Progesterone MC10, First Progesterone MC5, Gestone, Prochieve

Reviews for Progesterone

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month August 25, 2012

Prometrium (progesterone): "I am currently taking this medication for a missed cycle. I was told to take it at night due to the drowsiness it may cause. So far I have not noticed much of a problem with that. I have been on the pill for 5 days and the side effects are almost unbearable. I have breast tenderness, but also the muscles around my chest/back area are aching to the point of being painful. I called my doctor about this side effect and was told that the medication has not been known to cause achiness. After reading this website I see it is very possible. I have had some dizziness, sweating, and irritability as well. Either way the medication seems to be helping, but I really cannot wait to quit it!"

chicago girl March 10, 2010

Prometrium (progesterone): "This drug is effective at inducing a period, but it has AWFUL side effects. Basically, you will feel pregnant--tired, dizzy, hungry for junk food, and BLOATED. My breasts grew half a size within 3 days of taking. Then the rest of me caught up and I gained 5lbs in the 10 day time frame that I took this drug. But it did do what it was supposed to do, so I can't totally complain."

Dawn in NJ July 12, 2009

Prometrium (progesterone): "Prescribed by my gynecologist to treat amenorrhea and long, heavy periods as a result of anovulation (I have polycystic ovarian syndrome which causes anovulation). Due to the anovulation, I would go several months without a period only to eventually have a period which would last anywhere from 14-35 days. The period would be much heavier than the norm, especially for the first 7-10 days. I would also have very large clot-like discharge. I take Prometrium for 21 days, then off for 7 days(which brings on my period). The only significant side effect has been hot flashes during the day, usually in the late morning I will have one bad one with profuse sweating. Then usually one in the afternoon but it's not as bad."

Learn more about Amenorrhea

ICD-10 CM Clinical Codes (External)