User Reviews for Ocular lubricant

Also known as: 20/20 Tears, Adsorbotear, Akwa Tears, Altalube, Aquasite, Aquasite Artificial Tears, Artificial Tears, Artificial Tears Plus, Bion Tears, Blairex Just Tears, Celluvisc, Clear Eyes Contact Lens Multi-Action Relief, Clear Eyes Natural Tears Lubricating, Clear Eyes Outdoor Dry, Comfort Tears, Dry Eye Relief, Duolube, Duratears Naturale, For Sty Relief, FreshKote, GenTeal, GenTeal Mild, GenTeal PF, GenTeal PM, GenTeal Twin Pack, Hypotears, Hypotears P/F, Hypotears Select, Hypotonic Tears, Isopto Tears, Lacri-Lube S.O.P., Lacrisert, Liquifilm Forte, Liquifilm Tears, Liquilube Tears, Liquitears, Lubricant Eye Drops, Lubrifair, Lubrifresh PM, Major Tears, Moisture Drops, Moisture Eyes, Moisture Eyes PM, Murine Tears, Murocel, Natural Balance Tears, Natural Tears, Natures Tears, Nu-Tears, Nu-Tears II, Oasis Tears, Oasis Tears Plus, Ocucoat PF, Opti-Free Pure Moist Rewetting Drops, Opti-Free Rewetting Drops, optive, optive Sensitive, Puralube, Puralube Tears, Refresh, Refresh Celluvisc, Refresh Classic, Refresh Contacts, Refresh Dry Eye Therapy, Refresh Endura, Refresh Lacri-Lube, Refresh Liquigel, Refresh Optive, Refresh Optive Advanced, Refresh Optive Mega-3, Refresh Plus, Refresh PM, Refresh Tears, Soothe, Soothe XP, Sterilube, Stye Sterile Lubricant, Systane, Systane Balance, Systane Free, Systane Nighttime, Systane Overnight Therapy, Systane Ultra, Systane Ultra Preservative Free, Teargen, Teargen II, Tears Again, Tears Again Advanced Liposome Spray, Tears Again Gel Drops, Tears Again Night & Day, Tears Naturale, Tears Naturale Forte, Tears Naturale Free, Tears Naturale II, Tears Naturale PM, Tears Plus, Tears Renew, Tears Renewed, TheraTears, TheraTears Contact Lens, TheraTears Liquid Gel, Twenty Twenty, Ultra Fresh, Ultra Fresh PM, Visine for Contacts, Visine Pure Tears, Visine Tears, Visine Tears Long Lasting, Visine Tired Eye Relief, Viva-Drops …show all brand names

Dry Eye Disease

Summary of Ocular lubricant reviews 5.4 16 reviews

Reviews for Ocular lubricant

Soothe XP (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have both age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and Fuchs dystrophy. Soothe XP, initially provided to me by my ophthalmologist as a sample for trial, has given me significant relief of dry eye discomfort. I have had no side effects whatsoever."

amki (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 26, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant) for : "In preparation for cataract surgery my ophthalmologist told me to use Systane four times a day. After the first eye was done I was also told to use it in the operated eye for irritation as needed. So now after repeated use and both eyes getting worse and worse in terms of dryness , irritation and light sensitivity I finally had the DUH moment and figured out the Systane was making my eyes miserable. It's now been about 19 hours since I stopped the drops and both eyes are SO, SO much improved. Maybe this stuff is okay for an occasional dose, but most certainly not repeatedly."

PJ (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2018

Systane Balance (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have used this product with no problem, then I got pneumonia and wow, my eyes went ballistic. Red, inflamed, puffy, itchy and I went to the doctor. He showed me a picture of eyes with problems like mine and the cause was Systane. I was so shocked. It is really terrible."

BirdTee (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 18, 2018

Lacrisert (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I tried Lacriserts for the second time. The applicator makes it very difficult placing something so tiny in my eye. I find myself blinking constantly because it feels like the lens moves around in my eye. That can be horrible if it continues. Still find myself using Serum Tears and Systane. A little disappointed with Lacriserts. Has anyone experienced similar side effects?"

Nanc (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2018

GenTeal PM (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have used genteal gel during the night and the product worked well for a while. However, recently and from some reason I developed severe redness in my eyes and watery eyes when I used the product.."

gz (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 1, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Horrible horrible product. After a week of use my eyes became extremely irritated, itchy, puffy, and just all around uncomfortable. Eyes would feel good for 1-2 hours after use, but then feel horrible, more dry and worse than before. Definitely some sort of rebound effect."

Anonymous July 15, 2018

Refresh Tears (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "My eyes occasionally become dry. I have used many brands of eye drops over the years. I recently purchased Refresh Tears Lubricant Eye Drops (because of good price). As soon as I put a drop in each eye, my eyes immediately became very red and painfully sore. I have never had such an effect with other brands of eyedrops, including Equate."

Liza (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2018

Lubricant Eye Drops (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Eyes felt dry in morning. Used brand new box/bottle (still well in date). Eyes became painfully red/sore. After two hours, still the same. I have used several brands of eyedrops before, but never with this result."

LB (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2018

Systane Ultra (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Used Systane Ultra after cataract surgery with devastating consequences. Only just made the connection between my red very painful eyes and Systane Ultra. Stopped using it today and guess what..no pain. I have been in agony for weeks with this product."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2018

Soothe (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Soothe Lubricant Eye Drops Preservative Free single dose 3 10119 02219 1 Instructions on box but I like an insert also showing possible side effects Easy to use, am also using new Glaucoma drops so not sure which one making eyes a bit sticky. I am buying more. I think it’s best to try one new eye drop at a time to see how it works I bought this from Amazon third party seller as I recall, no prescription needed Ontario, Canada"

Doris (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "My Eye doctor gave me systane drops to use for dry eye. About Two weeks later my vision became very blurry and when I looked at anything digital it was double and triple vision. After a complete eye exam it was determined my retina and optic nerve were fine. The only thing he could come up with was at a microscopic level the cells of the cornea might behaving some inflammation. In the meantime I switched to Refresh tears. About 3 months later my blurriness was getting somewhat better. I went out of town and forgot my eyedrops. My friend had her systane drops with her,, (I still hadn't connected the dots yet) so I used them. The following week my blurry vision was back just as bad as it originally had been! There is no doubt that it is caused by the systane product."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2018

FreshKote (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have severe dry eyes due to radiation of the left eye. This is the ONLY eye drops that has really helped. I usually use them twice a day. If I do not my eyes are very irritated. I am very disappointed because pharmacy I use has discontinued stocking them because of the cost. Many of my friends have changed to Freshkote, they are worth the extra cost. My sight is worth the cost."

Puddin (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 14, 2018

optive (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Eye lid swelling, sticky eye lids and a foreign body sensation."

Madhukar (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Causes rebound dry eye, burning, itching, watery eyes."

Ria (taken for 10 years or more) April 14, 2018

Systane Balance (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Went to optometrists / opthamologist For eye exam said I had dry eyes. Gave me sample bottles said to use 4 or 5 times a day first two weeks then no less than 3 times a day. My eyes are swollen, vision blurry, I wake up with goo and gook in my eyes it is awful. I stopped today I hope it clears up soon I drive for a living."

Deb (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Two years after an "outbreak" of dry eye had come and gone I went to the eye Dr. inquiring about lasek and long story short, she told me I should start and continue using eye drops because my dry eye could flare up again and etc etc For whatever reason I listened to this stupid advice and started using Systane even though I would normally think "why tx it if it's not even a problem. Well, the first day of using Systane, my dry eye symptoms all came back and I've been dealing full blown dry eye, tearing like crazy, raw in the corner of my eye, and eye lashes falling out from constant moisture and itching all night. THANKS DOC.! and Systane."

teri (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2018

Systane Balance (ocular lubricant) for : "All of the less common side effects I have been experiencing after my cataract surgery by using this medication. Burning, itching, redness, sensitive to light, etc. This was prescribed to me my Ophthalmologist after surgery. At this point I am going to stop using this and contact my Physician for further assistance."

cthom (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have gotten broken blood vessel in my eyes two or three times. I was wondering if it was from the systane drops. I just started using them recently as my eyes were dry. Has anyone else had this side affect."

Valerie (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant) for : "Systane Lubricant Eye drops have been a life saver for my dry eye condition. I have used all of the Systane products and have never had a problem. I am currently using RESTASIS also but still have to use the systane products. (Ultra, Balance, and Gel). Some of the conditions described above may be due to the preservatives used in the multidose products. In that case there are individual one time use vials available that are preservative free. "

dbonhoeffer (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 25, 2018

Lacrisert (ocular lubricant) for : "I sit in front of a computer non stop for 7-8 hrs a day at work for decades, and these have given me a quality of life back! I used to pour lubricating eye drops in my eyes repeatedly throughout the day. I suffer from severe dry eyes, and nothing else has given me long term relief like Lacrisert has. I was on Restasis Drops for over 10 yrs, tried Lipiflow & Blephx treatments, a few times, all are expensive, but I did not have the positive results as I do with Lacrisert. I did not notice the but price of the Lacrisert has also just increased through my insurance provider. This is terrible! But, I cant live without them, heavy sigh ........."

dogsmom1 February 10, 2018

Systane Ultra (ocular lubricant) for : "I started with regular Systane, but after a few months it was simply not enough to remedy my dry eyes, so I segued over to Ultra, which was great for a number of years. Now I don't know what changed, but the Ultra started leaving a hard crust in my eyelashes and under my eyes on the skin––kinda like sleep-sand mixed with glue. And you can't simply rub it out of your eyes; this stuff has to be picked off piece by piece. I don't know what caused this (it's only been this bad since I moved from Southern to Northern California about a year ago), but if anyone knows of a substitute, I'd be grateful for your input."

geroguy (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 23, 2018

Systane Ultra (ocular lubricant) for : "Recommended by my eye doctor and right now my vision is blurry and my eyes are itchy and watery. The worst time seems to be in the morning. I've tried to use them on and off for the last 2 years."

wooastook January 17, 2018

FreshKote (ocular lubricant) for : "I just purchased my first over the counter container of FreshKote and have found that it is nothing like the perscription I used to get from my Dr. now I did not pay attention to the price but Im sure it was still pricey for an eye drop. So after this bottle I will switch to a less expensive one, so I know what I'm getting over the counter than one that is waterdown but still costs the same. Sadly disappointed:("

Eyes on you (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 3, 2018

Systane Nighttime (ocular lubricant) for : "My eyes had finally started to clear up from extreme redness. Doctor suggested I use a pm ointment to help my dry eyes. I used Systane Nighttime only to wake up with extremely flaming red eyes! It didn't help at all. It only made it worse!"

Jaiiaj December 18, 2017

Systane (ocular lubricant) for : "My eyes went from just teary to freaking monster scary bloodshot and tearing even more. Docs must be getting rewards to push this rubbish. I can't believe I just figured it out after using this medicine for almost 4 weeks."

Beverlee Princess (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2017