User Reviews for Ocular lubricant ophthalmic

Also known as: Artificial Tears, Celluvisc, Clear Eyes CLR, GenTeal, Hypotears, Isopto Tears, Lacri-Lube S.O.P., Liquitears, Moisture Drops, Oasis Tears, Opti-Free Rewetting Drops, optive, Refresh, Soothe, Systane, TheraTears, Ultra Fresh, Visine Tears

Dry Eye Disease
2.9

Summary of Ocular lubricant reviews 5.4 20 reviews

Reviews for Ocular lubricant

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I was advised to use Systane ultra gel for dry eyes. I woke up one morning and my eyes were blood red! I stopped using Systane for a few days and I was fine. A week later my eyes became dry during the night so I used the Systane. Sure enough, the next morning my eyes were blood red again. In the trash is where these drops will go."

Not for it December 1, 2018

Refresh Classic (ocular lubricant) for : "I had a Corneal ulcer, it's healing. But 2 yrs ago lost left eye to same- bad infection (Strep& Serratia) caused a Corneal ulcer. Has 2 corneal transplants that fell off so had eye removed on April Fool's Day 2016. This last infection was very nasty lots of eyelid puffed & draining, but also thick and stuff like putty at other times. Inner eyelids were peeling. This infection was a Strep & Staph combo that blinded me for 3-4 months. Still blurry but better. My prosthetic eye can get very dry whenever I have allergies and they swell. They prescribed me refresh to use besides Vancomycin."

Hidy (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 16, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have dry eye and I used Refresh gel and liquid, that worked for me. However, a friend told me to switch to Systane and I notice that my eyes keep getting dryer by the day. I woke up with my eyes red and feeling like there was sand in my eyes, and very itchy all through the day. I decided to go back to Refresh two days ago and my problems went away. I will never use anything but Refresh again Systane damage your eyes in my opinion."

GSC September 21, 2018

Systane Balance (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Works great!!! Much better then the other Systane OTC brand drops because it contains mineral oil. A little pricy but well worth it. One bottle lasts me months. My ophthalmologist prescribed this and Xiidra Drops (Rx only) after he diagnosed me with Dry Eye Disease (DED) caused by Meibomian gland dysfunction (MGD), which is actually the main cause of DED. I also use a micowavable eye heat mask daily and Ocusoft Hypoclor which targets the main cause of DED. These combinations of treatments have highly improved my condition."

Steve (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 17, 2018

For Dry Eye Disease: "I was given samples of blink tears for my dry eyes and was already having a slight eczema break out which I made very clear to the doctor. Since using these drops I found for the first hour or so my eyes feel a little better but now have a full blown rash all around my eyes. They itch and burn and very red and inflamed. I cannot believe how bad this has gotten to the point I can’t go outside. Will not use this product any longer."

Anita (taken for less than 1 month) September 16, 2018

Soothe XP (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have both age-related macular degeneration (AMD) and Fuchs dystrophy. Soothe XP, initially provided to me by my ophthalmologist as a sample for trial, has given me significant relief of dry eye discomfort. I have had no side effects whatsoever."

amki (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 26, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant) for : "In preparation for cataract surgery my ophthalmologist told me to use Systane four times a day. After the first eye was done I was also told to use it in the operated eye for irritation as needed. So now after repeated use and both eyes getting worse and worse in terms of dryness , irritation and light sensitivity I finally had the DUH moment and figured out the Systane was making my eyes miserable. It's now been about 19 hours since I stopped the drops and both eyes are SO, SO much improved. Maybe this stuff is okay for an occasional dose, but most certainly not repeatedly."

PJ (taken for less than 1 month) August 25, 2018

Systane Balance (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have used this product with no problem, then I got pneumonia and wow, my eyes went ballistic. Red, inflamed, puffy, itchy and I went to the doctor. He showed me a picture of eyes with problems like mine and the cause was Systane. I was so shocked. It is really terrible."

BirdTee (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 18, 2018

Lacrisert (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I tried Lacriserts for the second time. The applicator makes it very difficult placing something so tiny in my eye. I find myself blinking constantly because it feels like the lens moves around in my eye. That can be horrible if it continues. Still find myself using Serum Tears and Systane. A little disappointed with Lacriserts. Has anyone experienced similar side effects?"

Nanc (taken for less than 1 month) August 5, 2018

GenTeal PM (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have used genteal gel during the night and the product worked well for a while. However, recently and from some reason I developed severe redness in my eyes and watery eyes when I used the product.."

gz (taken for 1 to 2 years) August 1, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Horrible horrible product. After a week of use my eyes became extremely irritated, itchy, puffy, and just all around uncomfortable. Eyes would feel good for 1-2 hours after use, but then feel horrible, more dry and worse than before. Definitely some sort of rebound effect."

Anonymous July 15, 2018

Refresh Tears (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "My eyes occasionally become dry. I have used many brands of eye drops over the years. I recently purchased Refresh Tears Lubricant Eye Drops (because of good price). As soon as I put a drop in each eye, my eyes immediately became very red and painfully sore. I have never had such an effect with other brands of eyedrops, including Equate."

Liza (taken for less than 1 month) July 3, 2018

Lubricant Eye Drops (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Eyes felt dry in morning. Used brand new box/bottle (still well in date). Eyes became painfully red/sore. After two hours, still the same. I have used several brands of eyedrops before, but never with this result."

LB (taken for less than 1 month) July 1, 2018

Systane Ultra (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Used Systane Ultra after cataract surgery with devastating consequences. Only just made the connection between my red very painful eyes and Systane Ultra. Stopped using it today and guess what..no pain. I have been in agony for weeks with this product."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 28, 2018

Soothe (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Soothe Lubricant Eye Drops Preservative Free single dose 3 10119 02219 1 Instructions on box but I like an insert also showing possible side effects Easy to use, am also using new Glaucoma drops so not sure which one making eyes a bit sticky. I am buying more. I think it’s best to try one new eye drop at a time to see how it works I bought this from Amazon third party seller as I recall, no prescription needed Ontario, Canada"

Doris (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "My Eye doctor gave me systane drops to use for dry eye. About Two weeks later my vision became very blurry and when I looked at anything digital it was double and triple vision. After a complete eye exam it was determined my retina and optic nerve were fine. The only thing he could come up with was at a microscopic level the cells of the cornea might behaving some inflammation. In the meantime I switched to Refresh tears. About 3 months later my blurriness was getting somewhat better. I went out of town and forgot my eyedrops. My friend had her systane drops with her,, (I still hadn't connected the dots yet) so I used them. The following week my blurry vision was back just as bad as it originally had been! There is no doubt that it is caused by the systane product."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 18, 2018

FreshKote (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have severe dry eyes due to radiation of the left eye. This is the ONLY eye drops that has really helped. I usually use them twice a day. If I do not my eyes are very irritated. I am very disappointed because pharmacy I use has discontinued stocking them because of the cost. Many of my friends have changed to Freshkote, they are worth the extra cost. My sight is worth the cost."

Puddin (taken for 2 to 5 years) June 14, 2018

optive (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Eye lid swelling, sticky eye lids and a foreign body sensation."

Madhukar (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Causes rebound dry eye, burning, itching, watery eyes."

Ria (taken for 10 years or more) April 14, 2018

Systane Balance (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Went to optometrists / opthamologist For eye exam said I had dry eyes. Gave me sample bottles said to use 4 or 5 times a day first two weeks then no less than 3 times a day. My eyes are swollen, vision blurry, I wake up with goo and gook in my eyes it is awful. I stopped today I hope it clears up soon I drive for a living."

Deb (taken for less than 1 month) April 7, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Two years after an "outbreak" of dry eye had come and gone I went to the eye Dr. inquiring about lasek and long story short, she told me I should start and continue using eye drops because my dry eye could flare up again and etc etc For whatever reason I listened to this stupid advice and started using Systane even though I would normally think "why tx it if it's not even a problem. Well, the first day of using Systane, my dry eye symptoms all came back and I've been dealing full blown dry eye, tearing like crazy, raw in the corner of my eye, and eye lashes falling out from constant moisture and itching all night. THANKS DOC.! and Systane."

teri (taken for less than 1 month) April 3, 2018

Systane Balance (ocular lubricant) for : "All of the less common side effects I have been experiencing after my cataract surgery by using this medication. Burning, itching, redness, sensitive to light, etc. This was prescribed to me my Ophthalmologist after surgery. At this point I am going to stop using this and contact my Physician for further assistance."

cthom (taken for less than 1 month) March 25, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have gotten broken blood vessel in my eyes two or three times. I was wondering if it was from the systane drops. I just started using them recently as my eyes were dry. Has anyone else had this side affect."

Valerie (taken for less than 1 month) March 17, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant) for : "Systane Lubricant Eye drops have been a life saver for my dry eye condition. I have used all of the Systane products and have never had a problem. I am currently using RESTASIS also but still have to use the systane products. (Ultra, Balance, and Gel). Some of the conditions described above may be due to the preservatives used in the multidose products. In that case there are individual one time use vials available that are preservative free. "

dbonhoeffer (taken for 1 to 2 years) February 25, 2018

Lacrisert (ocular lubricant) for : "I sit in front of a computer non stop for 7-8 hrs a day at work for decades, and these have given me a quality of life back! I used to pour lubricating eye drops in my eyes repeatedly throughout the day. I suffer from severe dry eyes, and nothing else has given me long term relief like Lacrisert has. I was on Restasis Drops for over 10 yrs, tried Lipiflow & Blephx treatments, a few times, all are expensive, but I did not have the positive results as I do with Lacrisert. I did not notice the but price of the Lacrisert has also just increased through my insurance provider. This is terrible! But, I cant live without them, heavy sigh ........."

dogsmom1 February 10, 2018