User Reviews for Ocular lubricant

Also known as: 20/20 Tears, Adsorbotear, Akwa Tears, Altalube, Aquasite, Aquasite Artificial Tears, Artificial Tears, Artificial Tears Plus, Bion Tears, Blairex Just Tears, Celluvisc, Clear Eyes Contact Lens Multi-Action Relief, Clear Eyes Natural Tears Lubricating, Clear Eyes Outdoor Dry, Comfort Tears, ...show all 110 brand names

Learn more about Ocular lubricant.

Dry Eye Disease 16 reviews 124 medications

3.6
Other 9 reviews

Summary of Ocular lubricant reviews 25 reviews 3.6

Reviews for Ocular lubricant

Systane Ultra (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Bought this because the eye Dr recommended it and since I started using it my eye is worse then ever...watering nonstop, puffy, redness, and blurry vision. Today is so bad I can't even see clearly to drive! I work in the medical field and I will be telling everyone I can!!!"

Tracy lynn August 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lacrisert (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "This was more effective than anything else I've ever tried, including the very expensive Restasis and Xiidra. Since Bausch and Lomb clearly has no interest in making this anymore (it's been over a year and a half that it has been unavailable), they ought to sell it to someone who will or release the patent so someone can make a generic. I'll never buy another B&L product."

miserable eyes (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lacrisert (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Lacrisert has saved my sanity!!! I can't live without this for my dry eyes. It's the first product that makes my eyes feel normal. I would rank it a 10, but I am discounting it by one due to the fact that they start to get gooey after having them in 10-12 hours (depending on humidity) & they don't last as long as my day does."

SquirrelGirl4God July 7, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I used Systane eye drops for my dry eye and right away noticed that my vision was blurry so I stopped using and at the same time my eye lashes on both eyes fell out. I was puzzled more about the lashes than anything as it was very concerning. My eyelashes grew back in about 2 months, and one morning I grabbed what I thought was my re-wetting drops only it was the Systane. I put it in one eye when I immediately realized that I used the wrong bottle, and guess what.....in about 2 days, my eyelashes in the eye I used the Systane fell out again!!! Very upset about this!! I threw the bottle in trash which is what I should have done in the 1st place...."

Happy Nana April 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Refresh Liquigel (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I was asked to use these drops one month before cataract surgery. After 10 days or less (not sure of exact timeframe) I wanted take my eyeball out of my eye socket. I was in a lot of pain in that eye and wanted to just keep my eye shut. I called my eye doctor to let them know I could not use this eye drop and explained my symptoms to an assistant. She told me to use hot compresses and to use another eye drop prior to surgery. I told her I must be allergic to this eye drop. She did not agree. I did not use any more eye drops until 7 days prior to surgery."

Pa2172 (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Doctor said my eyes were dry and scratched. Said to use Systane. Now my eyes are dry, scratched, puffy, and red. Eyes worse now then before Systane. Will never, ever use this product again. Into the garbage go these overpriced eye drops. They said other drops were all marketing - guess what, my eyes didn't get puffy and red. "

mike1212 April 5, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Contains boric acid which is toxic. Used in insecticide, nuclear power plants, and plastics. Should not be used."

aravmd February 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Systane Ultra (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I purchased Systane Ultra by Alcon a couple of days ago. It did not help my dry and red eyes. I made my eyes itch worse than ever, they were really red too. It might have something to do with the preservative used, I don't know for sure. I went back to using Oculac by Alcon instead, it seems it has the same manufacturer but it is cheaper and a little thinner."

Did not help me (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lacrisert (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I used Lacrisert 3 times and on the third and final use I experienced extreme adverse reaction that has caused blurred vision that has never improved. The pain and vision loss was so bad I was seen in the emergency room triage. The nurse stating "This drug has messed your eyes up " I was given two injections to counter act the drug and one for pain. I now live with one eye that will not open completely ,near constant blurred vision to the point I am unable to do anything for up to 10 hours at times. My right eye wanders around independent of the left eye. An opaque film almost constantly until I can clear it with preservative free Over the counter eye drops. This is an incredibly expensive way, but the only way to gain any relief"

Chaz E Robinson January 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "These eyedrops are rubbish. This stupid product caused blurriness. NEVER BUY THESE!"

Fuck this (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Systane Ultra (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I was advised to use the Systane Ultra by my optom, but the irritiation it caused and splitting and crusting of the skin around my eyes has been unbearable. The skin around my eyes is itchy and crusty and splitting at the corners. My vision is blurred and worse for using it. It will take a few days to settle down it seems but I wont be using it again!"

Matty S October 17, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Dry Eye Disease: "I have now unfortunately had severe dry eyes I make NO tears after a horrible lasik procedure a little over 1 year ago. It is so bad that I have pretty much lost my career. I have found that Puralube helps tremendously at night I have to put a drop of walgreens brand artificial tears then apply the ointment and then put another drop in and close my eyes and that lasts about half the night and I have to put in the artificial tears and sometimes reapply the ointment throughout the night. I tried ALL the other ointments and this is the only one that relieved my eyes and let me sleep the longest at one time, also most of the others like Systane and Refresh gave me styes."

Bad LASIK October 6, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Systane Ultra (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Opthomologist stated that my mother's vision was good for her age; she prescribed this medicine for dry eyes (she never complained about her eyes) but l went along with what the Doctor said. After a fews weeks now it's been about two years.. into that time frame and henceforth l noticed the redness and creamy like substance in eye.. I thought it was normal the nurse use to say pink eye.. I said are you sure the tip is not touching her Iris? making her eye red. To this day it still does the same thing l have yet to relay to the Dr. I just thought when she does her eye exam she would notice. So l too now believe there are side effects with use and prolonged use. I will let you know."

Pisces19 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 10, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I recently went in for an eye exam and was told my eyes were dry. Optometrist told me to start using systane ultra a few times a day. In the first 4 days of use I've noticed my vision blurred and my contacts bothering me substantially. I've been using the same brand contacts for years and nothing else has changed, so it has to be the drops."

LiftedYJ (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lacrisert (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I used Lacriserts for years and found them to be the best solution for dry eyes. Then they went off the market in early spring and couldn't find them anywhere. When they became available again I could only wear them for 3-4 hours a day without irritation. I am wondering if the formulation changed when they were unavailable."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 13, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lacrisert (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I can't hold a computer job without Lacriserts. For anyone with dry eyes or dry eye disease, these are God-send."

Anonymous August 2, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Clear Eyes Contact Lens Multi-Action Relief (ocular lubricant) for Eye Redness: "My skin became bright red when this leaked from my eyes."

Buttercup9 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 9, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Lacrisert (ocular lubricant) for Eye Redness: "I have tried everything to help with my dry eyes...Lacriserts have helped me so much! I was putting eye drops in my eyes 100 times a day and they still were so painful and dry. I had light sensitivity and terrible pain. After using these I hardly ever have to use eye drops anymore. My light sensitivity is gone and I feel about 90% better and more normal. I do find that towards the end of the day I may have to remove them because they get a little globby and can smear my vision, but a small trade off for feeling so much better."

avidinternet (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 18, 2016

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Hypotears (ocular lubricant) for Eye Redness: "I agreed 100% with " GrandmaMickey69" about how she feels 'cause of the discontinuation of this miracle eye drops"'hypo tears" It's a disgrace for myself"

lokkis October 18, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Tears Naturale (ocular lubricant) for Eye Redness: "I was sold this medicine as a natural remedy. All it does is make my eye worse and irritate the one eye I have used it for. It become inflamed and even redder. No wonder really as it contains a cocktail of acids, include hydrochloric. No more natural than anything you'd find a lab. I think I'll use distilled water."

Bob Bewley (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Eye Redness: "Was prescribed this for dry eyes by optometrist, told to use twice daily. Ever since 1st use, eyes stung and got extremely red, vision got worse, blurry vision, redness, itchy, and sensitivity to light. Did not realize it was this until I stopped use. Was told to use every 2 hours and vision was getting worse. This product did not work for me."

Jennifer36 September 23, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

TheraTears Liquid Gel (ocular lubricant) for Eye Redness: "Caused swelling to nose and eye and face also sneezing and nasal sinus drip. Dr. wanted 4x a day usage. Discontinued use and symptoms ceased"

chuck gerolium (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Systane Ultra (ocular lubricant) for Eye Redness: "My ophthalmologist recommended Systane for dry eyes, so I tried them out. Though the compound does lubricate reasonably well, it is so viscous that it tends to cause burring for awhile before the eyes start clearing up. Hence, the only time I can use them without being forced to deal with that nuisance effect is before I go to sleep. Any other recommendations?"

CPA Close-Work Type Guy... (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Systane Balance (ocular lubricant) for Eye Redness: "I've had chronic dry eyes for years as a consequence of an ongoing eye condition. I've used eye drops for years seeking relief includes another Systane product, generic eye lubricants and prescription restasis. This is the first product that has provided real ongoing relief. The only negative is it cannot be used while contacts are in place, but this is minor when compared to the relief provided."

Badpatient June 7, 2015

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

Systane Balance (ocular lubricant) for Eye Redness: "I also received a sample of Systane Balance from my ophthalmologist when I asked what he would recommend for my dry eyes. I have found Systane Balance to be the best drops I have ever used for my condition. Previously, I had been using Blink and GenTeal 'Severe Dry Eye Relief' Gel and, while both of these products had provided some relief, neither can compare with Systane Balance. Within a few seconds of my applying the drops for the first time, the stinging in my eyes totally disappeared. The relief provided is also very long-lasting, with the beneficial effects sometimes lasting for more than 24 hours."

GinnyMcL April 10, 2015