User Reviews for Ocular lubricant

Also known as: 20/20 Tears, Adsorbotear, Akwa Tears, Altalube, Aquasite, Aquasite Artificial Tears, Artificial Tears, Artificial Tears Plus, Bion Tears, Blairex Just Tears, Celluvisc, Clear Eyes Contact Lens Multi-Action Relief, Clear Eyes Natural Tears Lubricating, Clear Eyes Outdoor Dry, Comfort Tears, ...show all 109 brand names

Learn more about Ocular lubricant.

Dry Eye Disease 9 reviews 123 medications

3.9
Summary of Ocular lubricant reviews 9 reviews 3.9

Reviews for Ocular lubricant

Systane Ultra (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I purchased Systane Ultra by Alcon a couple of days ago. It did not help my dry and red eyes. I made my eyes itch worse than ever, they were really red too. It might have something to do with the preservative used, I don't know for sure. I went back to using Oculac by Alcon instead, it seems it has the same manufacturer but it is cheaper and a little thinner."

Did not help me (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

Lacrisert (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I used Lacrisert 3 times and on the third and final use I experienced extreme adverse reaction that has caused blurred vision that has never improved. The pain and vision loss was so bad I was seen in the emergency room triage. The nurse stating "This drug has messed your eyes up " I was given two injections to counter act the drug and one for pain. I now live with one eye that will not open completely ,near constant blurred vision to the point I am unable to do anything for up to 10 hours at times. My right eye wanders around independent of the left eye. An opaque film almost constantly until I can clear it with preservative free Over the counter eye drops. This is an incredibly expensive way, but the only way to gain any relief"

Chaz E Robinson January 17, 2017

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "These eyedrops are rubbish. This stupid product caused blurriness. NEVER BUY THESE!"

Fuck this (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2016

Systane Ultra (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I was advised to use the Systane Ultra by my optom, but the irritiation it caused and splitting and crusting of the skin around my eyes has been unbearable. The skin around my eyes is itchy and crusty and splitting at the corners. My vision is blurred and worse for using it. It will take a few days to settle down it seems but I wont be using it again!"

Matty S October 17, 2016

For Dry Eye Disease: "I have now unfortunately had severe dry eyes I make NO tears after a horrible lasik procedure a little over 1 year ago. It is so bad that I have pretty much lost my career. I have found that Puralube helps tremendously at night I have to put a drop of walgreens brand artificial tears then apply the ointment and then put another drop in and close my eyes and that lasts about half the night and I have to put in the artificial tears and sometimes reapply the ointment throughout the night. I tried ALL the other ointments and this is the only one that relieved my eyes and let me sleep the longest at one time, also most of the others like Systane and Refresh gave me styes."

Bad LASIK October 6, 2016

Systane Ultra (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Opthomologist stated that my mother's vision was good for her age; she prescribed this medicine for dry eyes (she never complained about her eyes) but l went along with what the Doctor said. After a fews weeks now it's been about two years.. into that time frame and henceforth l noticed the redness and creamy like substance in eye.. I thought it was normal the nurse use to say pink eye.. I said are you sure the tip is not touching her Iris? making her eye red. To this day it still does the same thing l have yet to relay to the Dr. I just thought when she does her eye exam she would notice. So l too now believe there are side effects with use and prolonged use. I will let you know."

Pisces19 (taken for 2 to 5 years) September 10, 2016

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I recently went in for an eye exam and was told my eyes were dry. Optometrist told me to start using systane ultra a few times a day. In the first 4 days of use I've noticed my vision blurred and my contacts bothering me substantially. I've been using the same brand contacts for years and nothing else has changed, so it has to be the drops."

LiftedYJ (taken for less than 1 month) August 23, 2016

Lacrisert (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I used Lacriserts for years and found them to be the best solution for dry eyes. Then they went off the market in early spring and couldn't find them anywhere. When they became available again I could only wear them for 3-4 hours a day without irritation. I am wondering if the formulation changed when they were unavailable."

Anonymous (taken for 5 to 10 years) August 13, 2016

Lacrisert (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I can't hold a computer job without Lacriserts. For anyone with dry eyes or dry eye disease, these are God-send."

Anonymous August 2, 2016

Clear Eyes Contact Lens Multi-Action Relief (ocular lubricant) for Eye Redness: "My skin became bright red when this leaked from my eyes."

Buttercup9 (taken for 1 to 2 years) July 9, 2016

Lacrisert (ocular lubricant) for Eye Redness: "I have tried everything to help with my dry eyes...Lacriserts have helped me so much! I was putting eye drops in my eyes 100 times a day and they still were so painful and dry. I had light sensitivity and terrible pain. After using these I hardly ever have to use eye drops anymore. My light sensitivity is gone and I feel about 90% better and more normal. I do find that towards the end of the day I may have to remove them because they get a little globby and can smear my vision, but a small trade off for feeling so much better."

avidinternet (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 18, 2016

Hypotears (ocular lubricant) for Eye Redness: "I agreed 100% with " GrandmaMickey69" about how she feels 'cause of the discontinuation of this miracle eye drops"'hypo tears" It's a disgrace for myself"

lokkis October 18, 2015

Tears Naturale (ocular lubricant) for Eye Redness: "I was sold this medicine as a natural remedy. All it does is make my eye worse and irritate the one eye I have used it for. It become inflamed and even redder. No wonder really as it contains a cocktail of acids, include hydrochloric. No more natural than anything you'd find a lab. I think I'll use distilled water."

Bob Bewley (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 1, 2015

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Eye Redness: "Was prescribed this for dry eyes by optometrist, told to use twice daily. Ever since 1st use, eyes stung and got extremely red, vision got worse, blurry vision, redness, itchy, and sensitivity to light. Did not realize it was this until I stopped use. Was told to use every 2 hours and vision was getting worse. This product did not work for me."

Jennifer36 September 23, 2015

TheraTears Liquid Gel (ocular lubricant) for Eye Redness: "Caused swelling to nose and eye and face also sneezing and nasal sinus drip. Dr. wanted 4x a day usage. Discontinued use and symptoms ceased"

chuck gerolium (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2015

Systane Ultra (ocular lubricant) for Eye Redness: "My ophthalmologist recommended Systane for dry eyes, so I tried them out. Though the compound does lubricate reasonably well, it is so viscous that it tends to cause burring for awhile before the eyes start clearing up. Hence, the only time I can use them without being forced to deal with that nuisance effect is before I go to sleep. Any other recommendations?"

CPA Close-Work Type Guy... (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 21, 2015

Systane Balance (ocular lubricant) for Eye Redness: "I've had chronic dry eyes for years as a consequence of an ongoing eye condition. I've used eye drops for years seeking relief includes another Systane product, generic eye lubricants and prescription restasis. This is the first product that has provided real ongoing relief. The only negative is it cannot be used while contacts are in place, but this is minor when compared to the relief provided."

Badpatient June 7, 2015

Systane Balance (ocular lubricant) for Eye Redness: "I also received a sample of Systane Balance from my ophthalmologist when I asked what he would recommend for my dry eyes. I have found Systane Balance to be the best drops I have ever used for my condition. Previously, I had been using Blink and GenTeal 'Severe Dry Eye Relief' Gel and, while both of these products had provided some relief, neither can compare with Systane Balance. Within a few seconds of my applying the drops for the first time, the stinging in my eyes totally disappeared. The relief provided is also very long-lasting, with the beneficial effects sometimes lasting for more than 24 hours."

GinnyMcL April 10, 2015

GenTeal (ocular lubricant) for Eye Redness: "I was told by my vet to use only genteal for my dogs dry eyes. It works great I don't know what I would do with out it. I use it daily in his eyes he will actualy hold his eye open best he can for me because he know it makes his eyes feel better."

Bear's eyes April 6, 2015

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Eye Redness: "I used this for three weeks....my eyes were blurry, and swollen eyelids, eyes more sensitive to light, matted eyelashes and crusting of lids. Stopped using the drops and now back to normal."

Jessis March 18, 2015

Systane Ultra (ocular lubricant) for Eye Redness: "Spent over 2 years trying to find eye drops that I did not have a negative reaction to and at last these drops did the job without pain or redness."

K R (taken for 2 to 5 years) February 22, 2015

Oasis Tears (ocular lubricant) for Eye Redness: "The drops worked okay but I started to notice joint pain in my hands and legs. My legs have an almost a restless legs feeling. I stopped the drops for a few days and everything went away. Started the drops again yesterday and woke up right back with the pains and tingling. I'm supposed to use the drops 4x a day. I have no clue why the drops would cause these affects but wanted to share in case someone else might have the same problem."

cryan314 February 16, 2015

Hypotears (ocular lubricant) for Eye Redness: "Hypo Tears are the ONLY eyedrops that relieve my dry eyes. I have used this brand for 30 years. I hope they are never discontinued or reformulated, as they are the only ones that WORK for me. I have tried every other eyedrop on the market, including Restasis, and none of them relieve the dryness, and many if not most, actually make it worse."

Natasha Ashley (taken for 10 years or more) December 10, 2014

Hypotears (ocular lubricant) for Eye Redness: "I've used HypoTears for many, many years, always with strong approval by optometrists and my now-retired ophthalmologist. I'm crushed to learn that it is no long available. I have long counted on it for my eye comfort, and now I have to find something else that I like."

GrandmaMickey69 (taken for 10 years or more) November 9, 2014

Refresh PM (ocular lubricant) for Eye Redness: "Put one drop of a plain natural tears formula in each eye. I usually use Visine Tears. The 1/2 oz. bottle is easier to hold and control the number of drops than with the 1 oz. Next, pull down lower lid of each eye and apply 1/4 inch of a plain lubricant eye ointment. I use Refresh P.M. Do this first thing in the morning and last thing at night. You will forget you have dry eyes! Just remember in the morning to wipe off with a tissue any excess ointment under your eyes. Also, the slight blurriness after application lasts only a few seconds."

Forgot I have dry eyes! (taken for 10 years or more) September 5, 2014