User Reviews for Ocular lubricant

Also known as: 20/20 Tears, Adsorbotear, Akwa Tears, Altalube, Aquasite, Aquasite Artificial Tears, Artificial Tears, Artificial Tears Plus, Bion Tears, Blairex Just Tears, Celluvisc, Clear Eyes Contact Lens Multi-Action Relief, Clear Eyes Natural Tears Lubricating, Clear Eyes Outdoor Dry, Comfort Tears, Dry Eye Relief, Duolube, Duratears Naturale, For Sty Relief, FreshKote, GenTeal, GenTeal Mild, GenTeal PF, GenTeal PM, GenTeal Twin Pack, Hypotears, Hypotears P/F, Hypotears Select, Hypotonic Tears, Isopto Tears, Lacri-Lube S.O.P., Lacrisert, Liquifilm Forte, Liquifilm Tears, Liquilube Tears, Liquitears, Lubricant Eye Drops, Lubrifair, Lubrifresh PM, Major Tears, Moisture Drops, Moisture Eyes, Moisture Eyes PM, Murine Tears, Murocel, Natural Balance Tears, Natural Tears, Natures Tears, Nu-Tears, Nu-Tears II, Oasis Tears, Oasis Tears Plus, Ocucoat PF, Opti-Free Pure Moist Rewetting Drops, Opti-Free Rewetting Drops, optive, optive Sensitive, Puralube, Puralube Tears, Refresh, Refresh Celluvisc, Refresh Classic, Refresh Contacts, Refresh Dry Eye Therapy, Refresh Endura, Refresh Lacri-Lube, Refresh Liquigel, Refresh Optive, Refresh Optive Advanced, Refresh Optive Mega-3, Refresh Plus, Refresh PM, Refresh Tears, Soothe, Soothe XP, Sterilube, Stye Sterile Lubricant, Systane, Systane Balance, Systane Free, Systane Nighttime, Systane Overnight Therapy, Systane Ultra, Systane Ultra Preservative Free, Teargen, Teargen II, Tears Again, Tears Again Advanced Liposome Spray, Tears Again Gel Drops, Tears Again Night & Day, Tears Naturale, Tears Naturale Forte, Tears Naturale Free, Tears Naturale II, Tears Naturale PM, Tears Plus, Tears Renew, Tears Renewed, TheraTears, TheraTears Contact Lens, TheraTears Liquid Gel, Twenty Twenty, Ultra Fresh, Ultra Fresh PM, Visine for Contacts, Visine Pure Tears, Visine Tears, Visine Tears Long Lasting, Visine Tired Eye Relief, Viva-Drops …show all brand names

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Ocular lubricant.

Dry Eye Disease
3.1

Summary of Ocular lubricant reviews 3.1 31 reviews

Reviews for Ocular lubricant

Lacrisert (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I sit in front of a computer non stop for 7-8 hrs a day at work for decades, and these have given me a quality of life back! I used to pour lubricating eye drops in my eyes repeatedly throughout the day. I suffer from severe dry eyes, and nothing else has given me long term relief like Lacrisert has. I was on Restasis Drops for over 10 yrs, tried Lipiflow & Blephx treatments, a few times, all are expensive, but I did not have the positive results as I do with Lacrisert. I did not notice the but price of the Lacrisert has also just increased through my insurance provider. This is terrible! But, I cant live without them, heavy sigh ........."

dogsmom1 February 10, 2018

Systane Ultra (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I started with regular Systane, but after a few months it was simply not enough to remedy my dry eyes, so I segued over to Ultra, which was great for a number of years. Now I don't know what changed, but the Ultra started leaving a hard crust in my eyelashes and under my eyes on the skin––kinda like sleep-sand mixed with glue. And you can't simply rub it out of your eyes; this stuff has to be picked off piece by piece. I don't know what caused this (it's only been this bad since I moved from Southern to Northern California about a year ago), but if anyone knows of a substitute, I'd be grateful for your input."

geroguy (taken for 2 to 5 years) January 23, 2018

Systane Ultra (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Recommended by my eye doctor and right now my vision is blurry and my eyes are itchy and watery. The worst time seems to be in the morning. I've tried to use them on and off for the last 2 years."

wooastook January 17, 2018

FreshKote (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I just purchased my first over the counter container of FreshKote and have found that it is nothing like the perscription I used to get from my Dr. now I did not pay attention to the price but Im sure it was still pricey for an eye drop. So after this bottle I will switch to a less expensive one, so I know what I'm getting over the counter than one that is waterdown but still costs the same. Sadly disappointed:("

Eyes on you (taken for 1 to 2 years) January 3, 2018

Systane Nighttime (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "My eyes had finally started to clear up from extreme redness. Doctor suggested I use a pm ointment to help my dry eyes. I used Systane Nighttime only to wake up with extremely flaming red eyes! It didn't help at all. It only made it worse!"

Jaiiaj December 18, 2017

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "My eyes went from just teary to freaking monster scary bloodshot and tearing even more. Docs must be getting rewards to push this rubbish. I can't believe I just figured it out after using this medicine for almost 4 weeks."

Beverlee Princess (taken for less than 1 month) December 11, 2017

Systane Ultra Preservative Free (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "A horrid medication. My eyes/vision have suffered significant damage since using this expensive rubbish, as suggested by a quack Dr. Lost all of my eyelashes, have intense eye pain now, and my blurred vision is due to this ridiculous formulation, meant to "soothe" eye, only to destroy them. DO NOT USE!!!!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 6, 2017

GenTeal (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Used Genteal eye drops for about 12 years for dry eyes and had fairly good results but the last bottle of eye drops was useless. Thought I had an eye infection so went to the doctors and it was just extremely dry eyes. Had used the drops 3 times a day as usual but just made the eyes dryer. Is there are faulty batch out? 3623 expires 01 2019 is on this bottle. Thanks for reading. Ann PS. My time on this bottle was less than 1 month."

knitter36 December 4, 2017

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "If you were thinking about purchasing this product, please don't do it. My blurry vision has gotten worse!"

Pat33 November 30, 2017

Oasis Tears (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "After using these eye drop twice daily my vision would be blurred. I didn't think anything of it, the blurriness would last for a few minutes and eventually pass. After using the eye drops for about a month now, my blurred vision has increased lasting for hours. My eyes are red, sensitive to light and often feels as if something is in my eyes. I have currently discontinued the use of these eye drops and hopefully my eyes will self correct and they are not permanently damaged. The side effects of these drops are worst than the initial symptoms I started out with."

Cablanca (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 24, 2017

Refresh Classic (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "it is an excellent product to clarify and refresh my eyes"

Zenobio Hurtado (taken for 5 to 10 years) October 19, 2017

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I had a tear in my retina and needed to use a good eye drop after my laser surgery. I started using these drops and experienced horrible cramping and diarrhea. My doctor said she had never heard of that side effect but when I googled the active ingredient, it’s used as a laxative! I’m stopping today and finding other drops."

JayKray October 14, 2017

Systane Balance (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I was told to use this product by my Dr. after cataract surgery. At first I thought my discomfort was because of the surgery but it has been over a month and I still have blurry vision and swollen eyelids. I am stopping these drops and will try a different one for my Dry Eyes."

mrscaddy (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 10, 2017

Systane Ultra (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Terrible! Eyes much, much worse after using. Much drier and itchier than before. Would never recommend to anyone. Would select 0 if I could."

Meohmyoh (taken for less than 1 month) September 18, 2017

Oasis Tears (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have been using it for a month and my eyes are a mess. I just thought maybe I had really bad allergies all of a sudden and that my eyesight was starting to go bad due to age. Then on top of the watering and blurriness, my eyes started burning and I finally put two and two together. I will stop using it immediately and hopefully there is no permanent damage."

MonkeysMommy (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 24, 2017

Systane Ultra (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Bought this because the eye Dr recommended it and since I started using it my eye is worse then ever...watering nonstop, puffy, redness, and blurry vision. Today is so bad I can't even see clearly to drive! I work in the medical field and I will be telling everyone I can!!!"

Tracy lynn August 6, 2017

Lacrisert (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "This was more effective than anything else I've ever tried, including the very expensive Restasis and Xiidra. Since Bausch and Lomb clearly has no interest in making this anymore (it's been over a year and a half that it has been unavailable), they ought to sell it to someone who will or release the patent so someone can make a generic. I'll never buy another B&L product."

miserable eyes (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 11, 2017

Lacrisert (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Lacrisert has saved my sanity!!! I can't live without this for my dry eyes. It's the first product that makes my eyes feel normal. I would rank it a 10, but I am discounting it by one due to the fact that they start to get gooey after having them in 10-12 hours (depending on humidity) & they don't last as long as my day does."

SquirrelGirl4God July 7, 2017

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I used Systane eye drops for my dry eye and right away noticed that my vision was blurry so I stopped using and at the same time my eye lashes on both eyes fell out. I was puzzled more about the lashes than anything as it was very concerning. My eyelashes grew back in about 2 months, and one morning I grabbed what I thought was my re-wetting drops only it was the Systane. I put it in one eye when I immediately realized that I used the wrong bottle, and guess what.....in about 2 days, my eyelashes in the eye I used the Systane fell out again!!! Very upset about this!! I threw the bottle in trash which is what I should have done in the 1st place...."

Happy Nana April 24, 2017

Refresh Liquigel (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I was asked to use these drops one month before cataract surgery. After 10 days or less (not sure of exact timeframe) I wanted take my eyeball out of my eye socket. I was in a lot of pain in that eye and wanted to just keep my eye shut. I called my eye doctor to let them know I could not use this eye drop and explained my symptoms to an assistant. She told me to use hot compresses and to use another eye drop prior to surgery. I told her I must be allergic to this eye drop. She did not agree. I did not use any more eye drops until 7 days prior to surgery."

Pa2172 (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2017

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Doctor said my eyes were dry and scratched. Said to use Systane. Now my eyes are dry, scratched, puffy, and red. Eyes worse now then before Systane. Will never, ever use this product again. Into the garbage go these overpriced eye drops. They said other drops were all marketing - guess what, my eyes didn't get puffy and red. "

mike1212 April 5, 2017

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Contains boric acid which is toxic. Used in insecticide, nuclear power plants, and plastics. Should not be used."

aravmd February 26, 2017

Systane Ultra (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I purchased Systane Ultra by Alcon a couple of days ago. It did not help my dry and red eyes. I made my eyes itch worse than ever, they were really red too. It might have something to do with the preservative used, I don't know for sure. I went back to using Oculac by Alcon instead, it seems it has the same manufacturer but it is cheaper and a little thinner."

Did not help me (taken for less than 1 month) January 19, 2017

Lacrisert (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I used Lacrisert 3 times and on the third and final use I experienced extreme adverse reaction that has caused blurred vision that has never improved. The pain and vision loss was so bad I was seen in the emergency room triage. The nurse stating "This drug has messed your eyes up " I was given two injections to counter act the drug and one for pain. I now live with one eye that will not open completely ,near constant blurred vision to the point I am unable to do anything for up to 10 hours at times. My right eye wanders around independent of the left eye. An opaque film almost constantly until I can clear it with preservative free Over the counter eye drops. This is an incredibly expensive way, but the only way to gain any relief"

Chaz E Robinson January 17, 2017

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "These eyedrops are rubbish. This stupid product caused blurriness. NEVER BUY THESE!"

Fuck this (taken for less than 1 month) November 8, 2016