User Reviews for Ocular lubricant ophthalmic

Also known as: Systane, Artificial Tears, Lubricant Eye Drops, Systane Ultra, Refresh Tears, Systane Complete, TheraTears, Refresh, Stye Sterile Lubricant, Refresh Optive, Isopto Tears, GenTeal, Refresh PM, Soothe XP, Lacri-Lube S.O.P., Systane Balance, Dry Eye Relief, Artificial Tears Plus, Oasis Tears Plus, Lubrifresh PM, Refresh Digital PF, Refresh Celluvisc, Systane Nighttime, Refresh Optive Advanced, Systane Hydration PF, Celluvisc, Tears Naturale, Tears Naturale II, Bion Tears, Refresh Plus, 20/20 Tears, Refresh Liquigel, Soothe, optive, Lubricant Eye Ointment, Refresh Relieva, Lacrisert, GenTeal Tears Severe, Refresh Optive Mega-3, Puralube, Visine Tears, Opti-Free Rewetting Drops, Opti-Free Pure Moist Rewetting Drops, Puralube Tears, Refresh Classic, Clear Eyes Outdoor Dry, Clear Eyes Natural Tears Lubricating, Clear Eyes Contact Lens Multi-Action Relief, Systane Ultra Preservative Free, Tears Again, Natural Balance Tears, GenTeal Twin Pack, Refresh Lacri-Lube, Viva-Drops, Visine Tired Eye Relief, Visine Tears Long Lasting, GenTeal Tears Moderate, Duratears Naturale, Adsorbotear, Akwa Tears, Aquasite, Comfort Tears, Hypotears, Natures Tears, Liquitears, Hypotears P/F, Aquasite Artificial Tears, Moisture Drops, Duolube, Hypotonic Tears, Twenty Twenty, Blairex Just Tears, Systane Overnight Therapy, Tears Naturale PM, Hypotears Select, Tears Naturale Forte, Oasis Tears TheraTears Contact Lens TheraTears Liquid Gel GenTeal Mild Visine for Contacts Ultra Fresh For Sty Relief Ultra Fresh PM Altalube Moisture Eyes PM Refresh Contacts GenTeal PM FreshKote GenTeal PF Refresh Endura Moisture Eyes Visine Pure Tears Refresh Digital Refresh Relieva PF optive Sensitive …show all brand names

Dry Eye Disease
2.9

Reviews for Ocular lubricant ophthalmic

Old Sore Eyes · February 7, 2020

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “Systane Side Effects possibly the preservative Could not see to drive at night. • Blurred vision • eye redness or discomfort or other irritation not present before use of this medicine • increased sensitivity of eyes to light • matting or stickiness of eyelashes • swelling of eyelids • watering of eyes”

Mina · August 27, 2020

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “I had a PRK vision correction surgery 6 months ago. My doctor recommended Systane and gave the individual package samples. I was fine with and couple of months ago I bought the Systane lubricant long lasting. Recently I starting seeing streaks if lights like lighting on my left eye floaters. I am also having sensitivity to light. I went back to my doctor and he couldn’t see anything wrong bit sent to Retina specialist who told me he sees bubble liquid but nothing else wrong with my eye. I came to read the reviews tonight and I shocked to see someone has experienced same symptoms. I am going to stop using it immediately and I hope the floaters and lighting will clear not to I have been dizzy. I will write back in a week.”

DallasPA · Taken for less than 1 month · August 23, 2020

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “I have recently started using this to help with eye lubrication from mild dry eye. I have use refresh in the past & recommended this too many patients over the years. This product (Systane) has made my eyes burn TERRIBLY! This has led to blurry vision & headache. I will not be using this & cannot in good conscience (based on my own & many others’ experiences) recommend this to anyone else either.”

Stupid · Taken for 1 to 6 months · September 8, 2020

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “I started using using these Systane drops a few months ago. I have since stopped because they have damaged my eyes with stinging, floaters and terrible dulled vision. I hope this will warn people not to use them and I hope the FDA will do a complete study on them.”

PerryB · Taken for less than 1 month · June 14, 2020

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “I’ve developed Scleritis as a symptom of Lupus, which is an inflammation of the whites of the eye. My doctor said I should try Systane. Today I just figured I’d try the Systane, although I’m not suffering from the symptom at the moment. My eyes started burning and I couldn’t keep my eyes open and had to flush them with water! Terrible product. Definitely informing my doctor. Big waste of money.”

Callie · Taken for less than 1 month · August 21, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “Went to purchase Refresh Tears (have been using for 9 yrs) and discovered the store was no longer carrying them. I purchased Systane Ultra and used it that evening. I then continued to use twice a day. On the third day my right eye was irritated, and my large floater was more irritated and painful. I put in the drops several times that day, but to no avail. I consider the product harmful to my eye, and a waste of my money.”

Starr · August 13, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “I have tried Systane a couple of times before which was doctor recommended. This time I tried Systane Complete and my eye became very irritated and itchy. I, first thought that I may have gotten dust in my eyes until using it one last time and my eyes begun itching badly. I have discontinued using this product. The numbers on the bottle are #308314F Expiration date of 05/2020 and also another number under the label # H15175-0418. I did not see a contact number so I'm leaving this comment.”

wobbles · Taken for 2 to 5 years · July 18, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “I've been on these eye drops since 2014 when Hypo Tears went off the market. My dry eyes were never really helped by Systane and I found out recently that they're a big cause of my frequent migraines. I didn't connect the Systane to my headaches until my mom mentioned she was getting bad headaches after using Systane. I stopped them for a few days and the migraines dropped considerably. I've since switched to a no-name generic eye drop I found at Walmart and haven't had any issues at all with it. Wish I'd made the connection between the Systane and my migraines before now because it's been five long years of pain for me.”

Luckyndonna · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 30, 2020

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “I have used Systane for years but got the new Systane Complete for dry eyes and it is like putting fire to my eyes burns terribly. Idk what is in these that causes this but it also does my husband's eyes the same way. Will not recommend this one to anyone”

Summer · Taken for less than 1 month · July 8, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “My optometrist prescribed Systane Ultra for mild dry eyes. I started using them occasionally as needed. Then a doctor advised that I should be using the eye drops twice daily and 2 drops in each eye. After the second day my dry eyes became severe and I went to an eye specialist who advised I also had blepharitis. This product made my eyes severely worse with an added chronic condition that has affected my vision and balance. It took only a few uses to cause severe eye problems. In my experience this product should not even be on the market and if used should be used with extreme caution. I`m sorry I ever used it.”

Ida · Taken for less than 1 month · October 31, 2021

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “My doctor suggested using Systane 4 times a day for dry eyes. After the second dose I felt terrible, my eye was tearing non stop and had burning and stinging sensations as if there is a sand rubbing against the eye. The eye became very red and very sensitive to light and the vision was very blurred and feels like a white fog covering the eye sight! I stopped it right away and it feels much better. I read the leaflet that came with and it stated that these symptoms and lots more as side effects of this drug.”

Lyra Kind · Taken for 1 to 6 months · August 21, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “For dry eyes, using the Systane gel drops at bedtime, and comparing to Refresh or Blink gels, I notice a definite burn, possibly the preservative. The worst is that my sight is blurred like Vaseline coat after using- can’t see/focus at all for over an hour to set the clock or read. Other gel drops equalize in 5 minutes or less. Second worst, my lashes are stuck together in the morning so, just to open my eyes, I probably pull out lashes. My eyes feel slightly better the next day after gel on lashes is showered off but still mostly unacceptable for me.”

Anonymous · August 23, 2022

Refresh Optive Mega-3 (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “What is in this product that can cause me such discomfort and adversely effect my vision . Two doctors recommended this and result has been devastating I’m hoping this vision problem is only temporary .Do not use .”

DeeLee · Taken for less than 1 month · July 29, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “Diagnosed with dry eye and Blepharitis. Doctor gave me Systane Complete to use for dry eye. It made my eyes burn and very uncomfortable. I threw this stuff away, as anything that makes you that uncomfortable can't be any good. Not going to use Systane products from now on.”

Adie · Taken for less than 1 month · October 30, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant): “II suffer from repeatative corneal erosion used systane drops and gel just before bed in my right eye only as recommended by my optometrist . I started noticing I was getting headaches that required pain relief, what concerned my most was a throbbing down the side of my head. My eye sockets ached, vision became more blurred and the floaters were far worse. I stopped the product after 3 days and will never use again after reading the other reviews. I was interested to see that it caused migraines in other people.”

Nada · January 20, 2020

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “My Eye doctor suggested to try Systane Complete. I was happy to try new Systane. However it cause severe itchiness of my eyes. It doesn't help me at all. Just wasted my money. I recommend first to try sample. Not to be in situation in which I am. I am very disapointed.”

MAD · Taken for less than 1 month · July 29, 2022

Refresh Optive Mega-3 (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “Two weeks after eye surgery (cataract)I went in to see my eye doctor. My vision was great. He said my eye looked wonderful and was now completely healed. I was delighted! Then he gave me these Refresh Optive Mega-3 eyedrops to use. I told him I finished the other eye drops and didn't want anymore due to the filmy cloudless they caused but he insisted I use them. So I go home and put one drop into my eye and oh, was that a HUGE MISTAKE. My eye turned red, swelled up, and it felt like someone had punched me in the eye. Watering, burning and PAIN! I returned to his office and he told me to go home and hold an ice bag on my eye for 15 minutes at a time. It's been six hours and still no relief. BEWARE OF THIS PRODUCT!”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month · June 18, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “My Eye doctor gave me systane drops to use for dry eye. About Two weeks later my vision became very blurry and when I looked at anything digital it was double and triple vision. After a complete eye exam it was determined my retina and optic nerve were fine. The only thing he could come up with was at a microscopic level the cells of the cornea might behaving some inflammation. In the meantime I switched to Refresh tears. About 3 months later my blurriness was getting somewhat better. I went out of town and forgot my eyedrops. My friend had her systane drops with her,, (I still hadn't connected the dots yet) so I used them. The following week my blurry vision was back just as bad as it originally had been! There is no doubt that it is caused by the systane product.”

GSC · September 21, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “I have dry eye and I used Refresh gel and liquid, that worked for me. However, a friend told me to switch to Systane and I notice that my eyes keep getting dryer by the day. I woke up with my eyes red and feeling like there was sand in my eyes, and very itchy all through the day. I decided to go back to Refresh two days ago and my problems went away. I will never use anything but Refresh again Systane damage your eyes in my opinion.”

mskimrose · Taken for 2 to 5 years · March 16, 2019

Refresh (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “I found out I had dry eyes from my optometrist a few years ago when she recommended Refresh Optive and Refresh PM ointment. Had good success with both. When I finally went to an ophthalmologist, he suggested Restasis, so I have been using both drops for a couple years now and am very pleased with how my eyes feel. I had to stop using the ointment when it clogged a duct and my eye hurt and got red.”

ML · November 4, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “I had surgery for a cancerous tumor under my left eye. After it healed from plastic surgery it became extremely dry to the point I could hardly keep my eye open. I used Thera years and did not work. I used SYSTANE BALANCE and I hardly ever feel like something is in my eye. Best drops I have ever used. I put them in 4 times a day.”

RGM · Taken for less than 1 month · July 14, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “Optometrist said to try this Systane for dry eye and blurry vision. Did not help blurry vision (I'm diabetic). Stung badly in one eye, and now have a small pimple in the corner of the eye. Also experiencing unusually large and more visual floaties. Also experiencing different kind of floaty, like about 1/4 of my eye has an area of very blurry vision that floats in left eye. Also experiencing random, white streaks flashing in the dark, even when eyes closed, like lightning strike at the edge of left eye. Most of these cleared up 3 days after stopping Systane. Will report to Optometrist.”

GR · Taken for less than 1 month · August 20, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “I have used Systane ultra and it does a fairly good job but then I bought the two bottle container of Systane Complete thinking it would be even better. Not so. My eyes became irritated, crusty goop on the lids after waking up in the morning. When I stopped using it, my eyes did not have these symptoms.”

Post cataract and lens replace · Taken for less than 1 month · February 7, 2021

Systane Ultra (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “Switched to Systane Ultra, applied drops several times a day. The drops burned occasionally and caused slightly blurred vision for a brief period after application. After 2 weeks began to suddenly present symptoms of vertigo, dizziness and nausea. The first episode lasted 20 hours. After a visit to my cardiologist due to an existing condition it turns out that the vertigo could be a side effect - and “dizziness” is listed in the product literature. Will stop using and switch to another preservative free brand.”

Anonymous · July 15, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “Horrible horrible product. After a week of use my eyes became extremely irritated, itchy, puffy, and just all around uncomfortable. Eyes would feel good for 1-2 hours after use, but then feel horrible, more dry and worse than before. Definitely some sort of rebound effect.”