User Reviews for Ocular lubricant ophthalmic

Also known as: Systane, Artificial Tears, Refresh, Refresh Tears, TheraTears, Lacri-Lube S.O.P., Systane Ultra, GenTeal, Systane Balance, FreshKote, Natural Tears, Dry Eye Relief, Refresh Optive, Tears Naturale II, Liquitears, Lubricant Eye Drops, Refresh Optive Advanced, Refresh Optive Mega-3, Celluvisc, Liquifilm Tears, Bion Tears, 20/20 Tears, Visine Tears, GenTeal Mild, Systane Ultra Preservative Free, Tears Again, Natural Balance Tears, Refresh Celluvisc, GenTeal Twin Pack, Refresh Lacri-Lube, Artificial Tears Plus, Tears Plus, Puralube, Refresh Plus, Hypotears P/F, Aquasite Artificial Tears, Duolube, Systane Overnight Therapy, Refresh Liquigel, Oasis Tears, Altalube, Lubrifresh PM, Soothe, optive, Refresh Dry Eye Therapy, Sterilube, Opti-Free Pure Moist Rewetting Drops, Puralube Tears, Refresh Classic, Clear Eyes Outdoor Dry, Clear Eyes Natural Tears Lubricating, Clear Eyes Contact Lens Multi-Action Relief, Lacrisert, Isopto Tears, Systane Nighttime, Viva-Drops, Visine Tired Eye Relief, Visine Tears Long Lasting, Duratears Naturale, Adsorbotear, Akwa Tears, Teargen, Aquasite, Comfort Tears, Hypotears, Liquifilm Forte, Natures Tears, Nu-Tears, Nu-Tears II, Tears Naturale, Tears Naturale Free, Major Tears, Ocucoat PF, Liquilube Tears, Tears Renewed, Teargen II, Moisture Drops, Murocel, Refresh PM, Hypotonic Tears, Twenty Twenty, Tears Renew, Blairex Just Tears, Lubrifair, Tears Again Advanced Liposome Spray, Opti-Free Rewetting Drops, Tears Naturale PM, Hypotears Select, Tears Naturale Forte, TheraTears Contact Lens, Oasis Tears Plus, TheraTears Liquid Gel, Tears Again Night & Day, Tears Again Gel Drops, Visine for Contacts, Ultra Fresh, For Sty Relief, Ultra Fresh PM, Moisture Eyes PM, Murine Tears, Stye Sterile Lubricant, Refresh Contacts, GenTeal PM, Systane Free, GenTeal PF, Refresh Endura, Moisture Eyes, Visine Pure Tears, Soothe XP, optive Sensitive …show all brand names

Dry Eye Disease
2.6

Summary of Ocular lubricant reviews 4.7 41 reviews

Reviews for Ocular lubricant

car · Taken for less than 1 month July 12, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "My optometrist suggested I use Systane Ultra in the evening try ease my mild dry eye issues. She suggested that we do not produce tears while sleeping and these were more long lasting than the usual eye drops used for dry eyes. I immediately noticed my eyes were dryer and itchier than normal. I would not recommend these drops , have discarded them, and have informed my optometrist of my experience."

Eye-Eye Captain · Taken for less than 1 month July 9, 2019

Lubricant Eye Drops (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I'm 50 and I've used other drops all my life with no problems. After a few weeks of using these drops my eyes started burning and I noticed my vision would get blurry at night while trying to watch TV. I never had these symptoms before using these drops and it was getting so bad I finally decided to look at the reviews... sure enough, I saw a lot of other people are experiencing the same exact horrible side effects. I just threw mine in the trash... I just hope it didn't do any permanent damage."

Summer · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "My optometrist prescribed Systane Ultra for mild dry eyes. I started using them occasionally as needed. Then a doctor advised that I should be using the eye drops twice daily and 2 drops in each eye. After the second day my dry eyes became severe and I went to an eye specialist who advised I also had blepharitis. This product made my eyes severely worse with an added chronic condition that has affected my vision and balance. It took only a few uses to cause severe eye problems. In my experience this product should not even be on the market and if used should be used with extreme caution. I`m sorry I ever used it."

Don June 28, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I bought a two pkg of your new complete from my eye doctor and I used it a few days each time a bad burning in both eyes can’t use it I would like to make others aware of this product and for you to figure it out I switched to thera tears with no problems"

Rochella June 27, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Has severe dry eyes and my eye doctor recommended the Systane Gel Eye drops - they were uncomfortable at first to use as they seemed to make my vision a bit blurry and eyelashes sticky, but prior to using the my eye doctor has warned me of this and recommended taking it once only before bed instead. It's a medication that isn't really supposed to be used long term and multiple times a day (I've seen other comments where people have apparently been told to use them 4 times a day for 4 week, which sounds very excessive...). All in all, Systane worked well for me as I didn't use it frequently as per my eye doctor's recommendation. It would be blurry and a bit 'sticky' before bed but in the morning my eyes did feel less scratchy and I supplemented these with other single-use eyedrops during the day to keep my eyes nice and wet. So far so good! I've been told to use it for only two weeks and no more than that, so one more week to go and no real ill effects so far."

javajolt · Taken for less than 1 month June 12, 2019

Systane Balance (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Like others, I have been using Thera Tears and thought to try the gel what a mistake. Makes my eyes feel like they have glue on them. Would not recommend nor will buy again. Wish I could return them."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 12, 2019

Oasis Tears Plus (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Tried this brand (Oasis Tears Plus) as an alternate to my current dry eye medication. Shortly after inserting the drops in both eyes, I experienced some eye pressure pain, irritation, redness, and itching in both eyes, which shortly thereafter turned into a fairly prolonged headache. I tried these drops again the next day to see if these reactions persisted, and I had the same type reaction all over again. I didn't have any of these adverse reactions with my other brand dry eye drops, so I quit using these Oasis drops immediately. Primary ingredient is glycerin, but the incipient ingredients are questionable. Do not recommend if you have drug sensitivities or allergies."

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 9, 2019

GenTeal PM (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I too used Genteal and liked it when I first started using it. That is, until I woke up with what appeared to be an allergic reaction with the bottom of my eye swelling and itching. I actually took a picture of the eye in case I needed to show my ophthalmologist. I compared the ingredients (and the amounts of each) to other night ointments I have used with no reaction and believe that is the problem."

Mar · Taken for 1 to 2 years May 19, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have used the Systane Complete for two years and the side effects are I lost all my lashes and have a cyst in my left eye all due to the drops...will never use it again!"

SuzieQ April 6, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Side effects HORRIFIC..bloodshot eyes, pain, unbelievable itching..that almost had my eye surgery cancelled. Opthamologist claims it is because only the individual applicators are the only ones that are PRESERVATIVE FREE..and that is what caused the adverse terrible effects. What was worse...the skin under my eyes were literally burnt to a crisp after using 1 week. Ultra, Gel drops and nighttime gel all caused same terrible results...Read carefully what Alcon writes..Preservative free is ONLY in the individual packets..."

JAV · Taken for less than 1 month April 2, 2019

Systane Ultra (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have Macular degeneration & dry eye and have used Systane for years. I happened to pick up Systane Ultra the last time. The edge of my eyelids were constantly itchy. Thinking it was something I was allergic to since I had recently moved, I continued to use them. One morning, for whatever reason, I didn’t do my usual eye drop routine. Later that morning I realized I wasn’t rubbing my eyes. My “aha moment”! I didn’t use the Ultra drops again!"

Linkie · Taken for 1 to 6 months March 28, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I usually use Thera Tears but picked up the new Systane Balance on sale. I thought I was going crazy but my eyelashes started falling out! I couldn’t figure out why until I switched back to Thera Tears and they’re finally growing back. Never again!"

mskimrose · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 16, 2019

Refresh (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I found out I had dry eyes from my optometrist a few years ago when she recommended Refresh Optive and Refresh PM ointment. Had good success with both. When I finally went to an ophthalmologist, he suggested Restasis, so I have been using both drops for a couple years now and am very pleased with how my eyes feel. I had to stop using the ointment when it clogged a duct and my eye hurt and got red."

Hudson · Taken for less than 1 month March 15, 2019

Systane Balance (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Was told to try systane balance after cataract surgery that resulted in dry eye. This drop is white and oily and blurred my vision. I was using it to clear blurred vision due to dry eye...not make it blurrier. Going back to Refresh Plus Preservative Free. I was hoping systane balance would help, but not for me. The Systane Ultra irritates my eyes too."

Connie February 28, 2019

Oasis Tears Plus (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Oasis tears plus side effects. I think my husband and I both are experiencing reactions to this product. Both of us have redder more sensitive itchy reactions. Today after a weeks use, my eyes are red and clearly this isn't working for me. My husband isn't complaining that much. Stopping use today and going back to Systane."

Clover · Taken for less than 1 month February 28, 2019

Systane Ultra Preservative Free (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I purchased Systane preservative free VIALS (30). I do not see Ultra on package. The vials are long "strips" of plastic. To open vial, user rotates top of one end to remove plastic top. This breaks the top from the body of the vial. It is not an unscrew top. It is not easy for the liquid to drop into the eye. One can squeeze the little vial to help and then a bit more comes out than needed. However, the concern should be whether an infinitesimal piece of plastic is dropped in eye with the liquid. I find that it does not help relieve the dry eye situation. Time on Medication category below does not apply since it is used randomly."

Anonymous February 27, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant) for : "Got them after Lasik surgery. They made my eyes feel much worse, dryer, redder. Don’t use them!"

fuctupeyes · Taken for less than 1 month February 13, 2019

Systane Ultra (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Good lord. How can you market a product to cure dry eyes which does the complete opposite? Isn't that fraud? The makers of this stuff better watch out for a class action lawsuit because this stuff is awful and the company is guilty of false advertising. Have used for only one day and my eyes are getting worse by the minute. They feel dry, sticky and sore. Not the least bit moisturized! Just decided to discontinue."

Karenk · Taken for 1 to 2 years February 11, 2019

Oasis Tears Plus (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Love the way they work, but with my arthritic hand and fingers, cannot open the container and if I use scissors, I lose the medication"

Soni · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 9, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "It made my eyes better for initial 3 days and then it made them horrible.I feel I have thorns in my eyes.This is the worst medicine.I have vision problems now."

disappointed · Taken for less than 1 month February 4, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Just picked a bottle of "Complete" basis a doctor recommendation. The bottles' in the trash after a second use. The eyes felt MUCH worse after use, than before. Maybe the gel would be better, But with $10 up in smoke, it won't be Systane."

TexLa · Taken for less than 1 month December 31, 2018

Systane Ultra (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "Although Systane Ultra helped to relieve my dry eyes after using for several days I began experiencing eye pain which got worse as I continued to use the product. Once I stopped using it the pain went away. Some months later I tried again and after about 3 days the same thing happened again."

Not for it December 1, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I was advised to use Systane ultra gel for dry eyes. I woke up one morning and my eyes were blood red! I stopped using Systane for a few days and I was fine. A week later my eyes became dry during the night so I used the Systane. Sure enough, the next morning my eyes were blood red again. In the trash is where these drops will go."

Hidy · Taken for 1 to 6 months October 16, 2018

Refresh Classic (ocular lubricant) for : "I had a Corneal ulcer, it's healing. But 2 yrs ago lost left eye to same- bad infection (Strep& Serratia) caused a Corneal ulcer. Has 2 corneal transplants that fell off so had eye removed on April Fool's Day 2016. This last infection was very nasty lots of eyelid puffed & draining, but also thick and stuff like putty at other times. Inner eyelids were peeling. This infection was a Strep & Staph combo that blinded me for 3-4 months. Still blurry but better. My prosthetic eye can get very dry whenever I have allergies and they swell. They prescribed me refresh to use besides Vancomycin."

GSC September 21, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: "I have dry eye and I used Refresh gel and liquid, that worked for me. However, a friend told me to switch to Systane and I notice that my eyes keep getting dryer by the day. I woke up with my eyes red and feeling like there was sand in my eyes, and very itchy all through the day. I decided to go back to Refresh two days ago and my problems went away. I will never use anything but Refresh again Systane damage your eyes in my opinion."