User Reviews for Ocular lubricant ophthalmic

Also known as: Systane, Artificial Tears, Refresh Tears, Systane Ultra, GenTeal, Refresh, optive, Dry Eye Relief, Lubricant Eye Drops, Systane Balance, TheraTears, Refresh Liquigel, Refresh Optive, Refresh Optive Advanced, Bion Tears, Refresh Relieva, Soothe XP, Refresh Optive Mega-3, Refresh Plus, Stye Sterile Lubricant, Systane Ultra Preservative Free, Liquitears, Visine Tears, Clear Eyes Natural Tears Lubricating, Lacri-Lube S.O.P., Refresh Celluvisc, Systane Nighttime, Celluvisc, Tears Naturale II, 20/20 Tears, Soothe, FreshKote, Refresh Classic, Lacrisert, Tears Again, Natural Balance Tears, Refresh Lacri-Lube, Comfort Tears, Tears Naturale, Refresh PM, Oasis Tears, Opti-Free Pure Moist Rewetting Drops, Puralube Tears, Clear Eyes Outdoor Dry, Clear Eyes Contact Lens Multi-Action Relief, Isopto Tears, GenTeal Twin Pack, Viva-Drops, Visine Tired Eye Relief, Visine Tears Long Lasting, Duratears Naturale, Adsorbotear, Akwa Tears, Aquasite, Artificial Tears Plus, Hypotears, Natures Tears, Puralube, Hypotears P/F, Aquasite Artificial Tears, Moisture Drops, Duolube, Hypotonic Tears, Twenty Twenty, Blairex Just Tears, Systane Overnight Therapy, Opti-Free Rewetting Drops, Tears Naturale PM, Hypotears Select, Tears Naturale Forte, TheraTears Contact Lens, Oasis Tears Plus, TheraTears Liquid Gel GenTeal Mild Visine for Contacts Ultra Fresh For Sty Relief Ultra Fresh PM Altalube Moisture Eyes PM Lubrifresh PM Refresh Contacts GenTeal PM GenTeal PF Refresh Endura Moisture Eyes Visine Pure Tears Lubricant Eye Ointment Refresh Digital Refresh Digital PF Refresh Relieva PF optive Sensitive …show all brand names

Dry Eye Disease
2.9

Reviews for Ocular lubricant ophthalmic

Adsun86 · Taken for less than 1 month May 1, 2021

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “Systane gel really make my eyes burn terribly!”

Porkchoprn April 28, 2021

Bion Tears (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “Only natural tears I can use”

Deda · Taken for less than 1 month April 23, 2021

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “I had LASIK about 4 years ago and it left my eyes pretty dry. When they’re super dry I notice my vision seems worse so per my eye doctor I use drops daily. I recently bought this Systane Gel and I do NOT like it. The drops don’t feel as thick as Blink gel but it leaves a film that doesn’t clear up, so it makes my vision worse. It takes almost 45 mins for my vision to get clear which is unacceptable. Most of it seems to come right out & sit on my lashes. This was an expensive bottle and am pretty upset I wasted my money, I can’t use this anymore.”

Old Sore Eyes February 7, 2020

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “Systane Side Effects possibly the preservative Could not see to drive at night. • Blurred vision • eye redness or discomfort or other irritation not present before use of this medicine • increased sensitivity of eyes to light • matting or stickiness of eyelashes • swelling of eyelids • watering of eyes”

Mina August 27, 2020

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “I had a PRK vision correction surgery 6 months ago. My doctor recommended Systane and gave the individual package samples. I was fine with and couple of months ago I bought the Systane lubricant long lasting. Recently I starting seeing streaks if lights like lighting on my left eye floaters. I am also having sensitivity to light. I went back to my doctor and he couldn’t see anything wrong bit sent to Retina specialist who told me he sees bubble liquid but nothing else wrong with my eye. I came to read the reviews tonight and I shocked to see someone has experienced same symptoms. I am going to stop using it immediately and I hope the floaters and lighting will clear not to I have been dizzy. I will write back in a week.”

DallasPA · Taken for less than 1 month August 23, 2020

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “I have recently started using this to help with eye lubrication from mild dry eye. I have use refresh in the past & recommended this too many patients over the years. This product (Systane) has made my eyes burn TERRIBLY! This has led to blurry vision & headache. I will not be using this & cannot in good conscience (based on my own & many others’ experiences) recommend this to anyone else either.”

PerryB · Taken for less than 1 month June 14, 2020

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “I’ve developed Scleritis as a symptom of Lupus, which is an inflammation of the whites of the eye. My doctor said I should try Systane. Today I just figured I’d try the Systane, although I’m not suffering from the symptom at the moment. My eyes started burning and I couldn’t keep my eyes open and had to flush them with water! Terrible product. Definitely informing my doctor. Big waste of money.”

Luckyndonna · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 30, 2020

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “I have used Systane for years but got the new Systane Complete for dry eyes and it is like putting fire to my eyes burns terribly. Idk what is in these that causes this but it also does my husband's eyes the same way. Will not recommend this one to anyone”

Stupid · Taken for 1 to 6 months September 8, 2020

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “I started using using these Systane drops a few months ago. I have since stopped because they have damaged my eyes with stinging, floaters and terrible dulled vision. I hope this will warn people not to use them and I hope the FDA will do a complete study on them.”

Callie · Taken for less than 1 month August 21, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “Went to purchase Refresh Tears (have been using for 9 yrs) and discovered the store was no longer carrying them. I purchased Systane Ultra and used it that evening. I then continued to use twice a day. On the third day my right eye was irritated, and my large floater was more irritated and painful. I put in the drops several times that day, but to no avail. I consider the product harmful to my eye, and a waste of my money.”

Starr August 13, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “I have tried Systane a couple of times before which was doctor recommended. This time I tried Systane Complete and my eye became very irritated and itchy. I, first thought that I may have gotten dust in my eyes until using it one last time and my eyes begun itching badly. I have discontinued using this product. The numbers on the bottle are #308314F Expiration date of 05/2020 and also another number under the label # H15175-0418. I did not see a contact number so I'm leaving this comment.”

Adie · Taken for less than 1 month October 30, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant): “II suffer from repeatative corneal erosion used systane drops and gel just before bed in my right eye only as recommended by my optometrist . I started noticing I was getting headaches that required pain relief, what concerned my most was a throbbing down the side of my head. My eye sockets ached, vision became more blurred and the floaters were far worse. I stopped the product after 3 days and will never use again after reading the other reviews. I was interested to see that it caused migraines in other people.”

Nada January 20, 2020

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “My Eye doctor suggested to try Systane Complete. I was happy to try new Systane. However it cause severe itchiness of my eyes. It doesn't help me at all. Just wasted my money. I recommend first to try sample. Not to be in situation in which I am. I am very disapointed.”

ML November 4, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “I had surgery for a cancerous tumor under my left eye. After it healed from plastic surgery it became extremely dry to the point I could hardly keep my eye open. I used Thera years and did not work. I used SYSTANE BALANCE and I hardly ever feel like something is in my eye. Best drops I have ever used. I put them in 4 times a day.”

Lyra Kind · Taken for 1 to 6 months August 21, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “For dry eyes, using the Systane gel drops at bedtime, and comparing to Refresh or Blink gels, I notice a definite burn, possibly the preservative. The worst is that my sight is blurred like Vaseline coat after using- can’t see/focus at all for over an hour to set the clock or read. Other gel drops equalize in 5 minutes or less. Second worst, my lashes are stuck together in the morning so, just to open my eyes, I probably pull out lashes. My eyes feel slightly better the next day after gel on lashes is showered off but still mostly unacceptable for me.”

wobbles · Taken for 2 to 5 years July 18, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “I've been on these eye drops since 2014 when Hypo Tears went off the market. My dry eyes were never really helped by Systane and I found out recently that they're a big cause of my frequent migraines. I didn't connect the Systane to my headaches until my mom mentioned she was getting bad headaches after using Systane. I stopped them for a few days and the migraines dropped considerably. I've since switched to a no-name generic eye drop I found at Walmart and haven't had any issues at all with it. Wish I'd made the connection between the Systane and my migraines before now because it's been five long years of pain for me.”

PaleRider · Taken for less than 1 month February 20, 2021

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “Started using Sustane Complete after the pharmacist recommended it to help with the sudden appearance of floaters. I made an appointment with an optometrist a week away. I started getting light streaks that night after two doses, but I didn't make the connection. Blurry vision as well. I thought it had something to do with the floaters. After a week I had a complete Retinal scan and eye test and was all clear. Nothing wrong. The floaters were normal. I mentioned the light streaks and he said to keep watch for them but he could see no reason for them. I did not mention I was using Systane. On a whim, I decided to look up the side effects. I was shocked and somewhat relieved, that others had the same symptoms...light streaks and blurry vision. Sweet Jesus! This stuff is dangerous! I threw it out...and hope the light streaks stop.”

DeeLee · Taken for less than 1 month July 29, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “Diagnosed with dry eye and Blepharitis. Doctor gave me Systane Complete to use for dry eye. It made my eyes burn and very uncomfortable. I threw this stuff away, as anything that makes you that uncomfortable can't be any good. Not going to use Systane products from now on.”

Summer · Taken for less than 1 month July 8, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “My optometrist prescribed Systane Ultra for mild dry eyes. I started using them occasionally as needed. Then a doctor advised that I should be using the eye drops twice daily and 2 drops in each eye. After the second day my dry eyes became severe and I went to an eye specialist who advised I also had blepharitis. This product made my eyes severely worse with an added chronic condition that has affected my vision and balance. It took only a few uses to cause severe eye problems. In my experience this product should not even be on the market and if used should be used with extreme caution. I`m sorry I ever used it.”

mskimrose · Taken for 2 to 5 years March 16, 2019

Refresh (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “I found out I had dry eyes from my optometrist a few years ago when she recommended Refresh Optive and Refresh PM ointment. Had good success with both. When I finally went to an ophthalmologist, he suggested Restasis, so I have been using both drops for a couple years now and am very pleased with how my eyes feel. I had to stop using the ointment when it clogged a duct and my eye hurt and got red.”

GR · Taken for less than 1 month August 20, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “I have used Systane ultra and it does a fairly good job but then I bought the two bottle container of Systane Complete thinking it would be even better. Not so. My eyes became irritated, crusty goop on the lids after waking up in the morning. When I stopped using it, my eyes did not have these symptoms.”

GSC September 21, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “I have dry eye and I used Refresh gel and liquid, that worked for me. However, a friend told me to switch to Systane and I notice that my eyes keep getting dryer by the day. I woke up with my eyes red and feeling like there was sand in my eyes, and very itchy all through the day. I decided to go back to Refresh two days ago and my problems went away. I will never use anything but Refresh again Systane damage your eyes in my opinion.”

SBe · Taken for less than 1 month October 13, 2020

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “I’ve only used these drops a few times for my dry eyes, as doc recommended, but what I find is they seem like they are just “sitting on top” of my eye without actually absorbing for a long time. Does not feel hydrating, more like irritating. I don’t have any problems with itching or burning, but they do seem to make my eyes blurrier after I put them in for quite a while, and my eyes will not focus as well. Last night, when I was driving home at night after using these about an hour prior to that, it was harder to see and the lights had more of a halo effect. I have had much better luck with simple artificial tear drops.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month June 18, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “My Eye doctor gave me systane drops to use for dry eye. About Two weeks later my vision became very blurry and when I looked at anything digital it was double and triple vision. After a complete eye exam it was determined my retina and optic nerve were fine. The only thing he could come up with was at a microscopic level the cells of the cornea might behaving some inflammation. In the meantime I switched to Refresh tears. About 3 months later my blurriness was getting somewhat better. I went out of town and forgot my eyedrops. My friend had her systane drops with her,, (I still hadn't connected the dots yet) so I used them. The following week my blurry vision was back just as bad as it originally had been! There is no doubt that it is caused by the systane product.”

RGM · Taken for less than 1 month July 14, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “Optometrist said to try this Systane for dry eye and blurry vision. Did not help blurry vision (I'm diabetic). Stung badly in one eye, and now have a small pimple in the corner of the eye. Also experiencing unusually large and more visual floaties. Also experiencing different kind of floaty, like about 1/4 of my eye has an area of very blurry vision that floats in left eye. Also experiencing random, white streaks flashing in the dark, even when eyes closed, like lightning strike at the edge of left eye. Most of these cleared up 3 days after stopping Systane. Will report to Optometrist.”

Anonymous July 15, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “Horrible horrible product. After a week of use my eyes became extremely irritated, itchy, puffy, and just all around uncomfortable. Eyes would feel good for 1-2 hours after use, but then feel horrible, more dry and worse than before. Definitely some sort of rebound effect.”

Czxemie · Taken for less than 1 month July 14, 2019

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “Use it to clear my dry eyes and thought it's doing good. But no...I am experiencing blurred vision now. Reading all the reviews I have proven it is from the use of this systane balance eye drop. So sad...instead of helping my eyes it made it worst.”

Valerie · Taken for less than 1 month March 17, 2018

Systane (ocular lubricant) for Dry Eye Disease: “I have gotten broken blood vessel in my eyes two or three times. I was wondering if it was from the systane drops. I just started using them recently as my eyes were dry. Has anyone else had this side affect.”