User Reviews for Chantix

Learn more about Chantix.

Smoking Cessation 853 reviews 19 medications

8.9
Summary of Chantix reviews 853 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Chantix

For Smoking Cessation "I only took this med for 7 days. I haven't had a cigarette or the desire for one in over 6 years. It was like a light switch was turned off in my brain."

NoMoreCigs (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "been on Chantix for three weeks and have wet the bed two nights in a row now. I'm going to stop taking it as I googled and read about other people having the same issue. Sadly, this is not listed in the side effects."

Dissapointed1 (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Smoked cigarettes for over 20 years now i am free of nicotine and smoking for 1 year. Thank you Champix. I was a real addict."

Ahmet Guvencer (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Started age 18 Smoked 37 years Up to about 1 1/2+ packs a day when I first tried Chantix realized in the first week that it was probably going to work so I stopped it because I wasn't ready to quit smoking. When I was ready the second time I stopped at the end of the first week because I had no desire and it was pointless to try. That was January 2012 and I haven't thought or wanted a cigarette since. So Chantix did what it said it would and for me no bad or vivid dreams or anything BUT (and I'm not alone ) that week is the same week I lost or severely altered my sense of smell which used to be better than average. Coincidence? It might be a synergistic reaction specific to some people. And I can't taste since January 2015, 3 years later."

sally annish July 9, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "After smoking for 22 years, I started my sixth week today and I couldn't be happier that I started Chantix. I have not had any side effects whatsoever while taking this medicine. I have been told that I seem happier and goofier (in a good way). Starting Chantix has actually helped with not drinking alcohol during social events, happy hour, dinner, etc. The smoking and drinking definitely went hand-in-hand. With that said, Chantix has helped in more ways than one! In the long run, I will have more money in my pocket, too! I have more energy, no cravings for smoking, more active, I don't miss out on a lot of conversations due to stepping out to smoke, smell better and simply more time on my hands. Good Luck to all!"

Omaha, NE July 7, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I am currently on my second week of this medication and have noticed a decrease in the urge to smoke. I was a pack and a half a day smoker for 25 years and I am down to a half a pack. This is huge for me. I am totally set on quitting and I believe that this drug is going to kick my habit! Will update when medication is complete."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I started smoking the day I turned 18 and at first it was just as a joke, but over time it became an addiction (I am 4 months shy of being 20). My family and friends hated that I smoked but I didn't care until about a month ago when I tried to go on a hike and was quickly out of breath - I hated it. I decided to quit smoking and started taking Chantix only 5 days ago. I had planned on smoking through the whole first week but on day 3 I realized that I wasn't craving it as much, and now on day 5, cigarettes taste absolutely terrible. I do experience some side effects: nausea, fatigue, stomach pain, and amazingly vivid dreams (not scary, unless you count a cat being able to literally multiply every few minutes as scary)."

Mak23 (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "This is the 2nd time I've taken Chantix. I have learned a few things to watch for this time. First, you MUST EAT when you take the medication. If you don't eat, you will get sick. Second, is that the dreams are so strange. They aren't scary but they are vivid and odd. This medication has worked well for me. Stay on the medicine the full 90 days. I quit smoking at day 10 both times. Do remember that this drug doesn't work the same for everyone so be careful."

BrandieK (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Smoker for 35 years, Took Chantix for one month....8 years come this september as a non-smoker....Thank-you Chantix"

Ronda Johnson Phoenix,AZ (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "it is just a magic. it takes you back to the time you had never smoked..."

alobar (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I started Chantix on June 1 with a June 30 quit date. On the 15th I ran out of cigarettes and decided I'd try to wake up without them and feel it out. It is June 30 today and I haven't had a cigarette since. I have urges but try to push them aside. Chantix made me strong enough to not need them without even knowing it. I've smoked for 15 years and haven't quit this long on anything, including the patch. I recommend it for sure. You do get nauseous but take the pill with food and it passes after about ten minutes. Just fight it off. Dreams were cool but I did have trouble falling asleep at times. It's definitely all worth the reward. My insurance covered the entire Rx, I had nothing to lose and everything to gain. Good luck to you too!"

Mara Ha July 1, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Just over 2 1/2 years ago, after smoking for over 40 years, I quit. With the help of Chantix of course. The cravings (that everyone gets) are down to once every 2 or 3 months. Had several small Heart attacks and then one BIG one. Rushed in and has emergency quintuple by-pass surgery. Doctors said after that I wouldn't have made it one more hour without the surgery. One hour! I'm so glad to be here. True my life isn't what I hoped for at my age now (59) but it beats the alternative. Chantix was heaven scent to me. Yes it disrupted my sleep and gave me completely wild crazy dreams (in vivid color). But it works....IT WORKS.. If you let it, If you want it so bad you stop fooling yourself. It can be done and anyone can do it, Believe it!!!"

Glad to be here Dad. (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Female smoker for 35 years (1+ pack a day). Took 1 prescription of chantix (did not renew it) Experienced zero side effects. Have not had one cigarette or even come close to wanting one in almost 5 years!! Chantix changed my life. I did initially gain weight, but have since lost it"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Like some others I was not dead set on smoking immediately but had some health concerns that required I quit. I was a pack a day smoker. I smoked all throughout the first 7 days of the pill as it said that was fine but by the 3rd or 4th day my want to smoke diminished and I was smoking maybe half a cigarette instead of full so when the full dosing started I had no problem quitting. I have been smoke free a week now and have the urge about once a day but I think that is because of habit and boredom more than the medication not working. Mostly I don't even think about it anymore. It really had taken over so much of my life and now, Poof, its gone. No side effects besides really great dreams. Coventry Ins covered 100% no out of pocket."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Day 4. No side effects and no reduction in cravings."

Clarkrrt12 June 18, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 37 years and quit with Chantix. I stopped after 3 weeks continued medication for about 6 weeks. Side effects was some nausea lasting for about 30 minuets after taking. Did have headaches some. Had Great dreams. I felt like I would never be able to quit but 2 months before I started I seen 2 of my coworkers quit and they smoked like 2 packs a day and I smoked less than a pack. I started Chantix with a positive attitude that this was going to work for me and could not be happier with the results. I am now 6 months smoke free even had almost a full pack in my purse for about a month then threw them in the back seat of my car one day because they were in my way. I am confident that I will remain smoke free and with more money."

donabird June 18, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Was told to quit smoking after having a stroke on 7/28/07. I really had no desire to quit smoking but took the Chantix as prescribed. Smoked my last cigarette on10/29/07. Still have no desire to smoke. Only adverse side effect was the drug caused milk to taste terrible."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I started taking chantex once I started my new job. I normally smoke a pack- a pack and a half a day. And just about everything is a trigger for me. I literally live 20 minutes away from work, and I'll smoke 2 cigarettes there, and home. I've always been the type to smoke half a cigarette and then throw it out because I didn't want it anymore, but then 10 minutes later I would light up another one. I'm on day 15 now, and I've cut down to about half a pack a day. I'm trying to quit completely, but I'm having a hard time getting the timing right. (I am a freak when it comes to wasting money, weird I know considering I smoke). The first few days I had very vivid nightmares. But that's about it for side effects."

Bri2 June 10, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I could never seem to give it up on my own. I took chantix, not thinking it would even work, and quit but then started 6 months later "

Monkeyface969 (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 26, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "First off everybody will not experience the same side effects from using Chantix. As for me I'm glad I decided to take it. I noticed the medication started working about day 8. Cigarettes made me slightly nauseated. They slowly became less satisfying and desirable. The urges by then to smoke were minimal and withdrawals were none from the start. I did have some nausea in the beginning after taking the pill that went away after a few minutes. Other than that no noticeable side effects. I'm just now starting week 4. The urge to smoke now is completely gone. I don't feel like I ever want to smoke again."

1TDub May 24, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I was prescribed chantix by my Dr.when I wanted to quit smoking.I've been smoking for yrs.To make a long story short,all was going fine for the first 2.5 weeks&then I woke up one day&had severe allergic reaction.I had welts all over my body,from head to toes.I called my Dr.&got into see her that same day&She gave me a shot in her office&a prescription for the itching.After taking one of the pills&a cool shower,I laid down to rest.After about 30 minutes of laying down,I sat up&the itching was still severe,but I couldn't catch my breath&my voice was barely there.My bf wanted to call 911,but being stubborn I agreed to driving me to hospital,where they gave me IV benadryl&the welts got better.Worst experience ever.Be VERY careful with this med."

biddles1 (taken for less than 1 month) May 23, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I was a 3 pack a day smoker for over 20 years. I smoked cigarettes since I was a teenager. Chantix saved my life. I tried to quit smoking so.many times but couldn't. I had the most awesome dreams on Chantix but I had no cravings after the first week. Thank for creating chantix."

J.Jenkins (taken for 6 months to 1 year) May 23, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "4years quit, after 30 years smoking. I really didn't even want to quit, but took it on my physician's advice. Smoked while taking it for 7 days (day #4 I could tell it was working good). Quit and took for 7 more days & never had an urge. I could be right next to someone smoking, after I ate, while drinking & not ever feel the urge to return. No side effects, except maybe slight nausea first two days."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) May 19, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "May 8th is a special day for me it is the day I used Chantix and stopped smoking that was 5 years ago and I'm still smoke free May 8th is also my Birthday. I tried for years to stop smoking and only Chantix worked for me thank you very much for such a great product."

Bill Bowen May 13, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Here's the thing... most of these reviews are from users that have used Chantix and quit in the past month... that's NOT quitting. That's medicated cessation. I've been a smoker for 35 years... On my 10th week of Chantix and while Chantix worked WONDERFULLY the first 4-5 weeks.. it's not working great now. In the beginning, Chantix make smoking unsavory. Not only did I not WANT to smoke, but I found the entire thing unpleasant. This was fantastic. However, going on week 10 now... I want to smoke and Chantix is doing very little to stop that. Realize Chantix TRUE success rate is only roughly 15%. It's NOT a "miracle" drug."

Pope2222222 May 9, 2016