User Reviews for Chantix

8.8

1,037 reviews 18 medications
Summary of Chantix reviews 8.8 1,037 reviews

Reviews for Chantix

For Smoking Cessation "I just want to say, I smoked for over 50 years I tried several times in my life to stop smoking. Nothing worked! Then I heard about Chantix! Game changer, It will be 3 years Dec 8, 2018 that I stopped smoking. I know it would have never happened without Chantix Thank you!!!!"

granny (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I was a bit apprehensive to take this already being on meds for depression and anxiety but I had no issues. By day 3 I was already smoking less. By week 2 I was only smoking 1 a day and it tasted so bad. I am now coming to the end of my first month and haven't had a cigarette in 2 weeks. I am really happy that this is working because before I actually enjoyed smoking. I did find that if I ate with it I got sick though so I had to take on an empty stomach. Dreams were not crazy. Just remembered."

j-in-florida (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Smoked 32 years and quit with the help of Chantix I had zero side effects . Thank you Chantix"

Lee (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 32 years and truly had no desire to quit but then a health issue came up and it forced my hand. I was terrified of quitting because I actually enjoyed smoking and it was the only time I walked away from work. A friend mentioned Chantix so I thought I would give it a try. Everything I read said to pick a "quit" date but I was not ready for that yet. I started taking Chantix on April 26, 2017. I did have some very vibrant dreams but really no other side effects. On May 20th I was finally able to pick my quit date and it was on May 27th, memorial day weekend. I found myself waiting to crave a cigarette and it never came. There were times I wanted to go outside to smoke only because of the "habit" factor. I just redirected my time and then before I knew it a month had went by. It has now been 1 year and almost 3 months since I quit smoking. In a lot of ways the medical condition that made me quit smoking........saved me..."

Nia (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Works great! It will be 10 years in September since I stopped smoking with Chantix!!!"

Jean (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Chantax works. After day 5 on it I was done with cigarettes I'm still goning to take the chantax for another month and the only side effect I'm having is crazy dreams. Before chantax I was smoking 6 cigarettes a day now I don't want a cigarette"

E (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "This is an awful Drug."

Mac (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I have been on Chantix 6 weeks. Although it has drastically reduced my smoking. I can’t seem to quit. And the trippy dreams coupled with the feelings of depression are almost pushing me to my limit."

Chefchris (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Tobacco companies should help us old people to stop smoking for free"

Peter August 5, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 46 years and was a 2 1/2 pack a day smoker. I have tried to quit smoking so many times. I've tried everything imaginable to quit. All of the marketed products, home remedies, even old wives' tales. I started taking Chantix and using the gradual method, my last cigarette was March 25, 2018. I don't even want them anymore. Thank you Chantix, I absolutely love being a non-smoker."

Brenda (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Today I just picked up my first scrip.t I’ve been smoking since I was 14 and I’m now 66 have been diagnosed with emphysema stage 3. I can’t reverse the emphysema but maybe I can slow it down. Docs have been screaming at me for years to stop, but I had little faith in this being able to work after having terrible experiences with other meds to stop smoking. I’m going to check back in every day to let you now how it’s going. It’s sad when you realize you spent thousands & thousands of dollars just to cut your life short ."

Reed (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "30 year smoker plus I love coffee...can't be with out either one. I started to take chantix I am on the 3rd week 2 twice a day morning and evening. I really hope this works for me, yes I am still smoking. For now I feel okay no side effects yet my sleeping pattern is not so good. I'm going through menopause so on the weekends I have to take a nap as I get very sleepy and need to catch up on my sleep. I do have health issues I was diagnosed with Osteoporosis on the scale 3.5 bone density due to menopause and smoking. I'm the only one in my family and my husbands family that smokes."

Rose (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Well hi y'all this works. I smoked 39 yrs since 14 yrs old half pack to a pack a day in 2015. I had triple bypass surgery and still continued to smoke but seeing those commercials on TV you know the one's oxygen tubes etc I wanted to quit but I had tried patches and gums nope didn't work then I saw Chantix. I'm like probably wouldn't work either. But then I saw Ray Liotta's commercials and I was hmm he doesn't endorse anything and for him to be endorsing this it must work. So I ask my Dr for a prescription and I decided to have my last cigarette no cravings, no withdrawals I was amazed cuz 39yrs y'all of smoking and I was free thanks to Chantix and Ray Liotta. It's amazing 2 months down I'm so proud of myself and feel so good. I accomplished this goal it really really works I sing it's praises to everybody. So if you want to stop before it destroys you and gives you a nice bypass scar like I have get Chantix ASAP you'll be glad you did and wish you'd done it sooner"

Leah64 July 20, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Just wanted to share that I am now more than 2 years smoke free, sure I have the odd craving but have not had any problem resisting. Sometimes it is only the circumstance. What was great about using chantrix was that it allowed the opportunity to continue to smoke while starting the quitting process , so no pressure. What happened was a gradual decrease in the desire to smoke. Eventually (about 3 months) I was smoking less than one cigarette a day and decided to stop - I felt no pressure (such a relief!) It worked still not smoking - I tried many things before but chantrix did work for me. It is worth the try. I think the trick is to take your time and not be in a hurry it will still take a few months."

Gail (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 12, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Constant ringing in ears. Crazy dreams, some are nightmares. Tongue is dry and has metallic taste. 30 minutes after morning pill, stomach ache, nausea, extreme sweat. At night lots of sweat. Hard to go to sleep. Lots of unhappiness and irritation. Good news, quit smoking on day 4. I am 22 days later and not one cigarette."

P58ann (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I've smoked now for 24 yrs, and was up to 1 pack a day for about a year. I started Chantix 1 week ago and I continued to smoke in decreased amounts. However, on day number 3 everytime I smoked I felt nauseous, very weak, and got a very bad headache regardless of eating before taking it. I'm now on week number 2, and for the first time as of 7-2-18, I've only smoked once! I'm so proud of myself because by now I would've smoked at least 7 cigarettes! I know being smoke free is attainable for me, but I do get very strong cravings especially in the morning, but it is much easier in the evenings to fight the cravings. Thus far, the side effects I have experienced are constipation, increased appetite, nausea, tiredness, and vivid dreams but good ones! So far, I would say Chantix is helping me battle the urge to smoke and I do see a smoke free road ahead of me!"

Striving (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I was told by my dr that I have to quit smoking because I have COPD and asthma. I was doing good with stopping smoking before I started the chantix. I had already cut my self down to 5 a day. I was doing well within the first week had no desire to smoke at all but when it came to the second week that’s when it all went south for me. I wanted to smoke more and my lungs were tight all the time couldn’t sleep. Was wired all night long and then when I took the morning dose it was just as bad. But I also had major mood swings. Think I need to talk to my dr and see if they have a lower dose for the second week and then on"

Ma D (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked 2 boxes of rollies a week, I started taking champix and for a good few days I felt out of sorts, my concentration was gone. I was feeling dizzy and sometimes I felt sick, this happened when I forgot to eat before I took my tablet. I quit smoking on day 11 of champix, and had no withdrawal symptoms from quitting smoking. I'm smoke free for 7 days now and haven't thought of smoking. It is a magic pill but you have to stop smoking to notice your ok without it. You just get side effects from the tablets, but you don't get side effects from quitting smoking "

Mary (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 30 years+. Where I worked we were going smoke free. I knew I could not wait until lunch time to smoke. We were given 6 months notice. I waited until the 4th month as I was not happy to give up my smoking. I had quit once before for a year, then a challenging incident happened in my life and I went back to smoking. So, I started Chantix the first of a September and it actually took me a month before I felt the need to smoke less. Yes, I had some nausea in the morning, but that was resolved with a piece of toast with peanut butter on it a half an hour before I took my a.m. Chantix. I actually could have stopped sooner, but I wanted to wait until my Mom's birthday date to stop. This was a great for me. I would have probably not stopped if it weren't for the Chantix. I went through two deaths of my parents within 6 months of each other and still had no urge or desire to smoke. Thank God for Chantix for me."

Bean June 14, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 22 years. My 2.5 yo started to imitate me. I also realized I was paying close to $30O/month! This was not acceptable.. not to mention the smell. You don’t notice how bad you smell when you smoke but one cigarette will make you smell an entire day.. by the way I had not one single side effect. Because of all of the psychological side effects noted I had my psychiatrist prescribe it. I stopped on week 2 but am still taking it.. probably for at least another month. I understand the medicine is very expensive but my insurance company must see it’s healthier to be a non smoker so it was absolutely free (which nothing ever is!)"

Katie (taken for less than 1 month) June 7, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I have been a smoker for 10 years. I am at the end of my 4th week on Chantix and have been nicotine free for 6 days! I still have the urge to smoke when I initially get in my car to go somewhere or after I eat, but the craving subsides surprisingly easily and rather quickly. I take one tablet in the morning and at night (Be sure to eat and let your food settle before you take the morning dose to prevent the nausea!) . I do feel more tired than usual and crankiness during week 2, but not unmanageable. I've been having vivid dreams, but good ones! I'm dreaming in color and wanting to go back to sleep to find out what happens next! I've tried everything before Chantix. I haven't had any depression episodes, though it is a known side effect. No medicine is a 1 size fits all, so if you do take it or don't, understand that the reactions aren't the same for everyone. I would suggest if you try it to take it exactly as prescribed and visit your doctor regularly to monitor how it affects you."

CourtKnee May 31, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Chantix works. No one loved their cigarettes more me. I knew I needed to quit but I couldn't give up my cigarettes, my best friend, my coping mechanism. I looked at other smokers who managed to quit and it was obvious to me that they just didn't love their cigs the way I did. After 35 years, I was just too much of a hard core smoker. Then I started having some health problems and I knew I had to stop. I was afraid to try Chantix but everything else I had tried didn't work. Started taking it the first week of March 2018. I am 100% smoke free as of May 7 2018. I never believed I would be a non-smoker. It's surreal. I actually enjoy my crazy dreams. They're pretty funny. No other side effects except a bit of anxiety and social withdrawal the first few weeks. Very minor."

Neelie May 20, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I've been a non smoker thanks to chantix since 2009. The best thing I've ever done was quit. Smoke free for 9 years now."

Cricket (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Champix is a miracle. I had been smoking a pack daily, plus another pack if I went out and drank that night. About a year ago I decided I wanted to quit. I tried EVERYTHING. Patches, gum, cold turkey. I even switched to snus for a while. I always went back to smoking. I thought I was never going to be free of tocacco in some form. My buddy told me his uncle used Chantix and it worked for him so I decided to give it a try. My first week taking it was eye opening. I had started cutting down without even thinking about it. No more car cigs, smoking less at he bar, smoking less in general. Then I switched up to the full dose and the rest is history. I don’t crave cigarettes anymore. Drinking is really the only time I kinda crave one but the craving goes away quickly. I swim everyday and workout everyday and am not held down by the chains of tobacco anymore. My only advice is to take Chantix a while after eating or it’ll make you nauseous. Also, the dreams are wild but you won’t have nightmares or anything like that."

Joseph May 16, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 23 years! I took Chantix for only one month and I am now 4 months smoke free! I feel so much better!"

Melinda May 16, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...