User Reviews for Chantix

Learn more about Chantix.

Smoking Cessation 861 reviews 19 medications

8.9
Summary of Chantix reviews 861 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Chantix

For Smoking Cessation "I took Chantix 5 years ago for 11 weeks. I have am still smoke free. I was fortunate in that I didn't experience any of the possible side effects. I still don't have any urges to smoke and am enjoying life as a non smoker."

Ohio Native (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 21, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I quit smoking thanks to you from 2008. I am happy. The only side effect was insomnia."

Dannik (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Quit on the 8th day of taking Chantix. 14 days since my last cigarette."

KGQuitter August 17, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I had smoked for 30 years. My daughter asked me to stop smoking before my grandson was born. My grandson is now 4 yrs.old and I have not smoked in 4 1/2 yrs. now. I couldn't have done it without Chantix."

DShelton59 (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for more than forty years. I try every thing on the market to stop smoking. Finally my doctor prescribed Chantix. I took Chantix and set a date to quick. After two weeks of taking Chantix, I was free of smoking and have not smoked for almost six years."

Phillyman (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I am a 61 year old female who smoked since I was 18 (about a pack a day). Over the years I had tried to quit with everything and anything available. In Sep 14 I used Chantix to successfully quit and I was successful for 9 months. In Jun 15 my husband had a heart attack and I used it as an excuse to start smoking again. Chantix worked wonders the first time so I am trying again. One week without a cigarette and I'm feeling great. Only side effects are a little nausea if I don't eat and some vivid (not scary) dreams. I know I'm going to beat this addiction once and for all this time thanks to Chantix!!!!"

stldawn (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "It took me a couple times, but after taking Chantix for a week, I am now over 5 years without nicotine. I would take 1/2 pill at night before bed, it worked!!!"

Chr1sgolf August 3, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 25+ years i was smoking over a pack a day. I have tried other means of quitting in the past with no results. It would work for a few weeks/months but i found myself right back smoking. At first when taking Chantix i was unsure if it would work and i was nervous about the side affects. I noticed within a few days cigarettes tasted different and the longer i smoked on chantix the less i wanted to finish a smoke. Toward the end of quitting, packs of cigarettes were lasting longer. It took me about 3 months on Chantix before i smoked my last cigarette 3 months ago!! The only side affect i had was sleepless nights. I have no cravings and no use for cigarettes anymore. Thanks Chantix for giving me my freedom and my life back!!"

Scootah August 2, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I only took this med for 7 days. I haven't had a cigarette or the desire for one in over 6 years. It was like a light switch was turned off in my brain."

NoMoreCigs (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "been on Chantix for three weeks and have wet the bed two nights in a row now. I'm going to stop taking it as I googled and read about other people having the same issue. Sadly, this is not listed in the side effects."

Dissapointed1 (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Smoked cigarettes for over 20 years now i am free of nicotine and smoking for 1 year. Thank you Champix. I was a real addict."

Ahmet Guvencer (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Started age 18 Smoked 37 years Up to about 1 1/2+ packs a day when I first tried Chantix realized in the first week that it was probably going to work so I stopped it because I wasn't ready to quit smoking. When I was ready the second time I stopped at the end of the first week because I had no desire and it was pointless to try. That was January 2012 and I haven't thought or wanted a cigarette since. So Chantix did what it said it would and for me no bad or vivid dreams or anything BUT (and I'm not alone ) that week is the same week I lost or severely altered my sense of smell which used to be better than average. Coincidence? It might be a synergistic reaction specific to some people. And I can't taste since January 2015, 3 years later."

sally annish July 9, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "After smoking for 22 years, I started my sixth week today and I couldn't be happier that I started Chantix. I have not had any side effects whatsoever while taking this medicine. I have been told that I seem happier and goofier (in a good way). Starting Chantix has actually helped with not drinking alcohol during social events, happy hour, dinner, etc. The smoking and drinking definitely went hand-in-hand. With that said, Chantix has helped in more ways than one! In the long run, I will have more money in my pocket, too! I have more energy, no cravings for smoking, more active, I don't miss out on a lot of conversations due to stepping out to smoke, smell better and simply more time on my hands. Good Luck to all!"

Omaha, NE July 7, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I am currently on my second week of this medication and have noticed a decrease in the urge to smoke. I was a pack and a half a day smoker for 25 years and I am down to a half a pack. This is huge for me. I am totally set on quitting and I believe that this drug is going to kick my habit! Will update when medication is complete."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I started smoking the day I turned 18 and at first it was just as a joke, but over time it became an addiction (I am 4 months shy of being 20). My family and friends hated that I smoked but I didn't care until about a month ago when I tried to go on a hike and was quickly out of breath - I hated it. I decided to quit smoking and started taking Chantix only 5 days ago. I had planned on smoking through the whole first week but on day 3 I realized that I wasn't craving it as much, and now on day 5, cigarettes taste absolutely terrible. I do experience some side effects: nausea, fatigue, stomach pain, and amazingly vivid dreams (not scary, unless you count a cat being able to literally multiply every few minutes as scary)."

Mak23 (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "This is the 2nd time I've taken Chantix. I have learned a few things to watch for this time. First, you MUST EAT when you take the medication. If you don't eat, you will get sick. Second, is that the dreams are so strange. They aren't scary but they are vivid and odd. This medication has worked well for me. Stay on the medicine the full 90 days. I quit smoking at day 10 both times. Do remember that this drug doesn't work the same for everyone so be careful."

BrandieK (taken for less than 1 month) July 4, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Smoker for 35 years, Took Chantix for one month....8 years come this september as a non-smoker....Thank-you Chantix"

Ronda Johnson Phoenix,AZ (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "it is just a magic. it takes you back to the time you had never smoked..."

alobar (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 2, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I started Chantix on June 1 with a June 30 quit date. On the 15th I ran out of cigarettes and decided I'd try to wake up without them and feel it out. It is June 30 today and I haven't had a cigarette since. I have urges but try to push them aside. Chantix made me strong enough to not need them without even knowing it. I've smoked for 15 years and haven't quit this long on anything, including the patch. I recommend it for sure. You do get nauseous but take the pill with food and it passes after about ten minutes. Just fight it off. Dreams were cool but I did have trouble falling asleep at times. It's definitely all worth the reward. My insurance covered the entire Rx, I had nothing to lose and everything to gain. Good luck to you too!"

Mara Ha July 1, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Just over 2 1/2 years ago, after smoking for over 40 years, I quit. With the help of Chantix of course. The cravings (that everyone gets) are down to once every 2 or 3 months. Had several small Heart attacks and then one BIG one. Rushed in and has emergency quintuple by-pass surgery. Doctors said after that I wouldn't have made it one more hour without the surgery. One hour! I'm so glad to be here. True my life isn't what I hoped for at my age now (59) but it beats the alternative. Chantix was heaven scent to me. Yes it disrupted my sleep and gave me completely wild crazy dreams (in vivid color). But it works....IT WORKS.. If you let it, If you want it so bad you stop fooling yourself. It can be done and anyone can do it, Believe it!!!"

Glad to be here Dad. (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 30, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Female smoker for 35 years (1+ pack a day). Took 1 prescription of chantix (did not renew it) Experienced zero side effects. Have not had one cigarette or even come close to wanting one in almost 5 years!! Chantix changed my life. I did initially gain weight, but have since lost it"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 27, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Like some others I was not dead set on smoking immediately but had some health concerns that required I quit. I was a pack a day smoker. I smoked all throughout the first 7 days of the pill as it said that was fine but by the 3rd or 4th day my want to smoke diminished and I was smoking maybe half a cigarette instead of full so when the full dosing started I had no problem quitting. I have been smoke free a week now and have the urge about once a day but I think that is because of habit and boredom more than the medication not working. Mostly I don't even think about it anymore. It really had taken over so much of my life and now, Poof, its gone. No side effects besides really great dreams. Coventry Ins covered 100% no out of pocket."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 20, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Day 4. No side effects and no reduction in cravings."

Clarkrrt12 June 18, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 37 years and quit with Chantix. I stopped after 3 weeks continued medication for about 6 weeks. Side effects was some nausea lasting for about 30 minuets after taking. Did have headaches some. Had Great dreams. I felt like I would never be able to quit but 2 months before I started I seen 2 of my coworkers quit and they smoked like 2 packs a day and I smoked less than a pack. I started Chantix with a positive attitude that this was going to work for me and could not be happier with the results. I am now 6 months smoke free even had almost a full pack in my purse for about a month then threw them in the back seat of my car one day because they were in my way. I am confident that I will remain smoke free and with more money."

donabird June 18, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Was told to quit smoking after having a stroke on 7/28/07. I really had no desire to quit smoking but took the Chantix as prescribed. Smoked my last cigarette on10/29/07. Still have no desire to smoke. Only adverse side effect was the drug caused milk to taste terrible."

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 13, 2016