User Reviews for Chantix

Learn more about Chantix.

Smoking Cessation 979 reviews 18 medications

8.8
Summary of Chantix reviews 979 reviews 8.8

Reviews for Chantix

For Smoking Cessation "In summer 2016, I decided to quit smoking after 30 years. I was able to cut my smoking back from 1 pack to 1 half pack a day, but always had cravings. A friend suggested I try Chantix. I went to the doctor, got the prescription, filled it, and promptly set it on the countertop where it remained for a few weeks because I was afraid of the side effects being publicized. Finally, I told myself that I had one week to quit on my own or that I would try the Chantix. I couldn't quit on my own. I started Chantix as prescribed, and one week later on December 22nd I smoked my last cigarette at 6:35pm. Ten months later, I am smoke free and no longer think about smoking or the fact that I quit smoking. I live my life as a nonsmoker and its fabulous."

Cheezit65 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "I have been 5 months quit thanks to Chantix. It really takes the edge off from day 1 if used as directed. My problem is the internet uses cookies. So even though I think I've quit, all I see are ads for Chantix, which reminds me of cigs when I'm not thinking about them. I may start back because of the Chantix ads!!! Please stop !!! I'm also seeing nonstop Jimmy Fallon ads even though I only clicked on one thing of his please make that stop too Chantix."

just call me ex smoker October 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "Hello all! It works if you let it!! I'm very pleased, it's only been a month but I can DEFINITELY see/feel the difference. I've had moments when I would get a just "little" cranky but nothing I can't handle. I've experienced those dreaded dreams but I haven't experienced the "waking up in a cold sweat" kind of dream, they're mild nothing too crazy, Thank God lol. But the worse thing for me is the nausea and the tired feeling. With the nausea I had to make sure I had something on my stomach, and still keep ginger ale at my side. The tired feeling got so bad I started taking them at night because I wasn't able to really perform at work. Everyone is different but I hope some of this info helps. GL!!"

Wonder Woman 83 October 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "I took Chantix in 2006. I was 46 years old with a 30 year smoking history which found me at 2 packs a day by 2006. In less than 10 days, I had quit smoking, no withdrawals and have never had a desire to smoke in the 11 years that I am smoke free. I never thought I would quit let alone go 11 years without a desire to ever smoke again."

Maria Baker (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "I have talked about quitting forever! I attempted to quit countless times but this time with Chantix,I can finally say,I'm a non-smoker and it feels great! When I initially started the starter pack I chose a quit day. That wasn't a good choice for me because I stressed a little more each day it got closer.So I chose to keep taking Chantix regularly and see what happens. On my 27th day I didn't smoke.(I didn't even sneak) No more spending half the time on our family vacations looking for a smoking section. Long story short, I haven't had a cigarette or wanted one in 23 days! My Kids & husband are so proud! I plan to take Chantix 1 more month. Thank you Chantix for helping me get my life back!!!"

JShomaker (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "I used Chantix for about 2 weeks and the side effects were horrible; depression, insomnia, anxiety, etc. But it did get me to quit smoking. You could attribute those symptoms to quitting, since they are common symptoms of stopping smoking, but I will nip that argument in the bud. I was an emotional wreck, barely able to function at all. Cold turkey wouldn't be as intense as what I experienced on Chantix. I would recommend Chantix as a last resort for anyone wanting to quit smoking."

SomeDude99 October 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "I needed and really wanted to quit. Needed to quit for neck and back surgery needed asap. Wanted to because it was taking over my life, you know just making sure I had enough for day or enough for trip...ugh, the drama was getting real old. I tried chantix long ago over 10 years n it gave me some side effects (don't remember) but I'm thinking even side effects out weigh smoking and possible death. I only smoked between 6-8 cigs a day, but couldn't do it on my own, I'm smoke free now and no bad feelings of need or wanting smokes. Do it for life!!!!!"

Cheetah41 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "My husband took Chantix and became extremely abusive. Accusing me calling me names. The worst sort, he refused to let me use A/C, refused to put enough food in the refrigerator and he woke up in the middle of night with nightmares. He forced me to divorce after 23 years and now I am destitute. I am warning to all spouses. Chantix will ruin your life. Threatened me. As a result, I have no alimony, no home, no life insurance, no health insurance."

Dawncrimmins September 21, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "Chantix worked for me. I smoked a pack a day for 35 yrs. Neither patches nor gum was affective. They made me feel ill really. Less than month on Chantix made me a non smoker. That was 7 yes 7 grateful years ago. It is amazing how much I missed out on with family and friends because I was out smoking. Not any more! I am now there to hear the joke or the wonderful story and amazingly I am also there to share my life. And I have moved into the present because I am present."

Elizabeth Vian September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "I starting taking 1 month after experiencing a TIA, took for one month then quit after one month. I have now been a non smoker for 7 months."

MikeBarry003 September 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "I have been a smoker for since age 28 and I am now 49. I usually smoke a pack per day. Since taking champix for 5 days I'm down to 3 cigs. Per day. I have dreams, but they're not bad dreams. I also a sleep more and feel tired.. I'm considering taking only 1 pill per day since I didn't notice the fatigue and weakness until the dosage increased. So far I'm please overall. I will follow up in 2 weeks."

MzCrutcher August 29, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "Ive been on these pills for two days. Today is day two. The side effects from these pills is horrible. They've made me nauseous, dizzy, I've lost all effort to do anything, all I want to do is lay on the couch. Didn't want to eat or even get up to go to the bathroom I had to force myself. I myself just do NOT feel myself. So im stopping the pills an finding a new way to quit."

The Beast's Girl August 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "I'm 30 years old and have been smoking for about 14 years now. Two years in a row, I've had bronchitis or some kind of respiratory infection. I smoked Newports about a pack a day. It's my 2nd week on Chantix, and already I can feel less and less cravings. Usually I wake up and go right for a cigarette, and today I woke up and it took about 3 hours for me to realize I haven't smoked and just did it out of habit. When I'm working my 12 hours at the hospital, I can now go my full 12 without craving. That was never possible before! I'm only giving it an 8 because I hear for some people, side effects kick in bad around 3-4 weeks. I've been nauseas once but other than that, nothing. I really hope this is it for me! So far I'm feeling hopeful!!"

Bella5887 (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "Do not use. If you are one of the people that have an adverse reaction to this drug, it can be really bad. It just cost me my job and career. Almost died. I contacted Pfizer twice for help and they ignored me. Then they came out with all the warnings!!!"

Steve McGuire (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 16 years! Chantix has giving me a second chance and possibly years on my life. I have never reviewed a drug in my life but this drug gave me a life and for that I am forever grateful. 50 days smoke free!"

Rod the electrician August 23, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "I started taking this medicine to quit smoking and I haven't had a cigarette in over 6 month's the best thing I could have ever done. I thank God every day for giving me the will power. Yes I was moody AND all the side effects that are listed but I really wanted to quit smoking. I smoked Newport 100s and a pack a day. I feel great and I really didn't gain any weight maybe a few pounds but I made sure I kept busy. Thankyou sincerely I'm so grateful."

Angie loving my life August 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "I was an habitual smoker for 40 years. My car wouldn't start if I didn't light a CIG! I lit up when on the phone, while drinking coffee, after meals, on break at work! So I knew I would not only have the cravings to attack but the habits also. I set goals each day of the 1st 7 days on how many I would smoke that day reducing the number each day until I got to 1 on the last day!"

cassier17 (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 22, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "I'm so bummed, just had my quit day on day 12 of chantix, but developed hives/rash on arms and back. They are like blisters with poison ivy. It was working so well, hardly thought of cigarettes, now I guess I'll have to stop taking."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "I took Chantix for 4 weeks. I quit smoking my 3rd week. I didn't have any severe side effects until my 3rd week, I began to notice this foggy feeling. I had no nightmares or nausea, I did eat before taking the pill with a full glass of water. I have not taken Chantix since July 14th and I still don't feel like myself. Moody, depressed, and just not myself at all. I'm glad I quit smoking but this is hell. I did stop taking it early because of the foggy feeling. I believe this drug has made me feel crazy."

Anonymous August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "I took chantix 3 year's ago and it was the best thing I feel so much better"

Big dog69 (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "I am coming up on my 10 year anniversary. I took chantix for the 3 months, I could not be happier. I picked my quit date 8/23 and quit 8/20, 3 days early. The only problem I had was sleeping. I worked thru it, I knew it was my only hope to quit. Thank you chantix "

BevHarley (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "I started smoking when I was 16 and quit at 19 cold turkey. That was no fun. I took up smoking again in 2013 after a very stressful period in my life. I tried nicotine patches to no success. It didn't even take the edge off my cravings. Chantix is a miracle drug! I take meds for depression so I was concerned because one of the side effects are depression and suicidal thoughts. Although I am again going through a sad and stressful time (my brother recently passed away and I just got divorced). This drug is working with minimal side effects! I get the vivid dreams but they are not nightmares and my stomach gets upset for the first 3-5 minutes after taking Chantix. As for the depression, it hasn't gotten worse. Saving my life + $ too!"

Yayme! (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked minimum of 2 packs a day for 45 yrs. I tried EVERYTHING to quit. I didn't try with Chantix. My Dr. told me it would probably take awhile as long as I smoked. I took for 3+ months and didn't really feel any different. Still smoked the whole time but desired much less. One nite My husband and I were out to dinner and I handed him my cigerattes. I'd done that so many times. I asked him for one back. We got home and instead of smoking that one, I shredded it. I never had another and never craved one. I have COPD I was diagnosed with about 5 yrs. later. If I'd just had Chantix yrs. ago, I could have done it. This COPD isnt fun.. Try to quit while you're still healthy. Chantix did it for me totally! Good Luck..."

Suazannedebbie August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "its fine if you want to go insane. I recommend to use nicotine gum"

hjaaaa August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "Does not work if you're a real smoker 35 year's or more this is not for you."

Litt (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2017