User Reviews for Chantix

8.8

1,016 reviews 18 medications
Summary of Chantix reviews 8.8 1,016 reviews

Reviews for Chantix

For Smoking Cessation "Chantix works. No one loved their cigarettes more me. I knew I needed to quit but I couldn't give up my cigarettes, my best friend, my coping mechanism. I looked at other smokers who managed to quit and it was obvious to me that they just didn't love their cigs the way I did. After 35 years, I was just too much of a hard core smoker. Then I started having some health problems and I knew I had to stop. I was afraid to try Chantix but everything else I had tried didn't work. Started taking it the first week of March 2018. I am 100% smoke free as of May 7 2018. I never believed I would be a non-smoker. It's surreal. I actually enjoy my crazy dreams. They're pretty funny. No other side effects except a bit of anxiety and social withdrawal the first few weeks. Very minor."

Neelie May 20, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I've been a non smoker thanks to chantix since 2009. The best thing I've ever done was quit. Smoke free for 9 years now."

Cricket (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Champix is a miracle. I had been smoking a pack daily, plus another pack if I went out and drank that night. About a year ago I decided I wanted to quit. I tried EVERYTHING. Patches, gum, cold turkey. I even switched to snus for a while. I always went back to smoking. I thought I was never going to be free of tocacco in some form. My buddy told me his uncle used Chantix and it worked for him so I decided to give it a try. My first week taking it was eye opening. I had started cutting down without even thinking about it. No more car cigs, smoking less at he bar, smoking less in general. Then I switched up to the full dose and the rest is history. I don’t crave cigarettes anymore. Drinking is really the only time I kinda crave one but the craving goes away quickly. I swim everyday and workout everyday and am not held down by the chains of tobacco anymore. My only advice is to take Chantix a while after eating or it’ll make you nauseous. Also, the dreams are wild but you won’t have nightmares or anything like that."

Joseph May 16, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 23 years! I took Chantix for only one month and I am now 4 months smoke free! I feel so much better!"

Melinda May 16, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I wanted to give a review for a long term result of using Chantix. You must absolutely want to quit or nothing will help you to. Chantix was advertised on TV so I got the prescription. I have to admit that I didn't quit at the end of the first week as per the instructions but weaned myself off on the second week. The only side effect I experienced was the vivid dreams, only one of which was unpleasant. I made sure to have some food in my stomach when I took the pill and that prevented nausea. Near the end of the 3 months I gradually stepped down the dosage just as I had gradually built it up. It has now been almost 8 years without a cigarette. The unexpected benefit is how few cravings I have had. If you decide to quit I wish you well. Such a feeling of freedom and the ability to breathe better."

AC May 9, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I absolutely loved my cigarettes and had tried numerous times to quit after My mom passed away with lung cancer. My love for the smoke always brought me back. I started taking chantix and once I made the decision to quit it was the easiest thing ever. I had tried chantix once before but stopped taking after thirty days because I thought I could do it. Not so..keep taking the medication. I think I took for several months just to be safe but started forgetting to take. I realized the craving was gone so stopped taking medication. That was it. I haven't smoked nor had the desire to smoke in over four years. Chantix all the way!!"

Robin April 27, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Chantix works. I recommend it to anyone trying to quit. I took it for about two months actually while still smoking, but it just made smoking less pleasant. I would smoke and realized halfway through I didn't want it. After about two weeks of use I was only smoking 10 cigarettes a day as opposed to 20. For the last month or so I was smoking 4-5 cigarettes a day. It was tough at first not smoking at all, but it was really more just out of habit. I didn't really crave cigarettes too much. If you're able to afford it I really suggest you try it. Even if it's a little pricey for you, it's totally worth it. I smoked for 15 years and I haven't had a cigarette in almost a month."

cory (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 20, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I quit after 52 years with Chantix. Prior to that I tried hypnotism, laser, acupuncture etc. thanks"

John blackwell (taken for 1 to 6 months) April 14, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I like most other smokers had tried the patches. It was ok while I was wearing the patch but after removal the desire for a cigarette was just as bad as ever. I then tried Chantix, after the second day, a cigarette did not have any appeal and I didn't enjoy smoking them. I totally stopped after 4 days and continued to use Chantix. After a month there was absolutely no desire for a cigarette. I had weekly phone calls with a clinic and after the month was up I advised I was going to stop the Chantix ! They tried to talk me in to using it for another month at least. I stopped and that was 10 years ago. Yes for few weeks I would experience A mild desire for a cigarette but I never gave in to the desire. It has been 10 years and I still have no desire to smoke, even when I am around other smokers. Thank you Chantix for providing the nudge I needed to quit smoking for good."

Roger (taken for less than 1 month) April 12, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I used chantix for 4 weeks and aside from the vivid dreams it worked like it said it would. I had a lot of vivid dreams, and light sleep. However, every time I smelt cigarettes I would get sick to my stomach and I still have that feeling today. It definitely made me quit after smoking for 23 years. If you are serious about quitting this is definitely a good way to do it."

Scorpionwoman (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 25, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "Was doing great. Took for 3 weeks with stop date at 30 days. One day into the 4 week I developed itchy eyes, swollen lips and welts from head to toe and wound up in the emergency room at my local hospital. Taking antihistamines and steroids."

Hivey (taken for less than 1 month) March 18, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I do have constipation, nausea and headache"

Lynnann March 18, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 50 years, and never thought I'd be able to quit. With Chantix, 10 months smoke-free! I couldn't have done it without help! Thanks!"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I was able to quit smoking after 45 years with chantix... I haven't touched a cigarette in 4 weeks.... "

Alan (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 10, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I used Chantix to quit smoking 3.5 years ago. Smoke free ever since. However, I got "stuck" on nicotine gum and never was able to kick it. Using this time around to give-up the gum once and for all. Some advice. First be careful not to confuse the affects of quitting smoking with Chantix side affects. Quitting is a cow and there is not way around that. You won't feel good at first. Second, the first time around I DID had moderate side effects, nausea mostly and that spaced-out bubble head feeling. To the point of wanting to stop using it. But I worked with my doctor to find the right dosage. It's what doctors called a titration dosing and they do it all the time with drugs. If you find yourself with intolerable side effects, don't give up on Chantix. Adjust the dosage yourself before throwing it on the garbage pail or better yet ask your doctor if they can help titrate your dose. Good luck!"

Efrommn February 21, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I just got my 8th year of being smoke free thanks to Chantix! I smoked for 25 yrs and tried to quit at least 20 with no success until my Dr. gave me a prescription! I started this in January of 2010 3 months after I had my heart atack!!"

Bigdog54 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I am 76 yrs old . I started smoking when I was 16. I finally quit 8 yrs ago. I had tried many times and tried many methods. I tried the patches first but they still had nicotine in them and didn't take away the craving. For me Chantix worked the best because it took away the craving really well."

Sandyj565 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I just started my second week of Chantix and I'm feeling very angry, short tempered, just not my usual happy go lucky self. Also been experiencing strange dreams and not being able to fall asleep or stay asleep very long. Still craving cigarettes about the same. Going to continue to use in hopes that I will quit smoking. Good Luck to everyone else on it."

crystallang2000 February 8, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I had tried cold turkey several times. I was able to quit but the desire to smoke never left. Was never willing to try the patch or the gum. The science behind Chantix made sense to me so I tried it. I can easily say it was a miracle. I was on Chantix two weeks, considerably less than the max time (12 weeks), but that was enough. It did make me mildly irritable and in a bit of a funky fog, but neither homicidal nor suicidal. But after two weeks, I decided it was enough. And I never had a craving after I quit. Never. The link between my brain and the nicotine was severed completely and the habit went with it. It's been 10 years. :)"

ReneeLuna (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "It works! I was hating on them at first because I doubted it but I'm so glad I bought them (it is expensive) hopefully generics make there way on the market so everyone can get off cigerettes. Without these pills I wouldn't of been able to quit due to a sharp pain I get on both sides of my head because I feel like a needle is poking my brain when I go a minute without nicotine. In my second day and it looks like it's going good. The pain doesn't completely go away right away because the first days is the painful. You don't how happy I am I felt hopeless because of nicotine and I'm happy that there is a medicine that finally works. I am no longer chained and I feel like a million dollars"

Cnasty (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I used chantix back in 2013- It worked! I did not have horrific side effects - possibly bc I don't drink alcohol at all. I smoked 35 years!! 3 packs a day!! I quit 100% for 2 weeks! I had only purchased 1 month bc I don't have insurance! Then- of course "something" happ and I started smoking again! A month later re- purchased used chantix and it didn't work! I believe It was bc I had stopped and started too soon! This time 2017 - I've purchased 3 months up front! My advice do as many months as you can afford in the beginning!! If you yo-yo - on it..off it - for some reason it looses potency! Wish me luck!! Good luck to you all"

Lilygizmocat January 3, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I have been a smoker since 12 yrs of age. I am 75 yrs old and I feel great. I made the decision when my grandson's wife was having my first great grandson . I said I wanted to live to see him grow up and wanted to see my two granddaughters graduate from high school and college. The girls graduated last year 1 from high school and the other one from college. Yes I did have side effects, but I got through it with the support of my family . I am happy that I am smoke free from all those years. I had it bad where I was smoking 2 packs a day and I had a very bad cough. I began to throw up , had a lot of mucus and my legs began to hurt me . All of this was from me smoking. Thanks chantix for giving me my life back."

Truly.T December 29, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "This is from a 45 year, 2 plus packs a day smoker. Last March (2017) my wife and I decided we were going to give Chantix a try. We started and actually my wife quit a few days before me. I asked her why she no longer smoked and she said she was taking two chantix a day. One in morn one in evening. I was only taking one a day. I started her routine and I have to say that 3 days later I actually got sick trying to smoke a cigarette. That was the last cigarette I have attempted to smoke. Smoke free for 9 months, gained a few pounds, but feeling good about being a non smoker. Don't even think about it anymore."

MIKENYAK (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I've been on Chantix for two weeks now. Yes I'm moody as hell, depressed, la la, BUT I naturally have those issues to begin with. It's not Chantix. Chantix may bring those conditions further to the surface, but you have to have a history of them first. Meditate, do yoga, listen to music, read, go for walks, up your intake of vitamins. I also take Zoloft which helps greatly. You have to be responsible for yourselves. Period. You either want to quit or you don't. End of story."

D.Marie (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "This is in regards to MY own experience with this drug. Straight to the point, this has been an absolute awful experience for me. From awful side affects (sickness mostly, vomiting) to strange behavior patterns and depression. I experienced all those things in the first week and had to quit. I was still smoking the same as before it but I do understand that I may have not given it a fair chance, having only went one week on it. So I cannot say rather it's effective for smoking cessation or not but for me, it wasn't worth it anyway. The side affects were to intense to manage and only getting worse. I would feel flu-like symptoms a couple hours after taking it and throughout the rest of the day. The first hour or so is the worst."

Robert R. (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2017