User Reviews for Chantix

Learn more about Chantix.

Smoking Cessation 872 reviews 19 medications

8.9
Summary of Chantix reviews 872 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Chantix

For Smoking Cessation "I had been a 1-1/2 pack per day smoker for over 30 years. After a stage IV cancer diagnosis - very ironically not associated with smoking - I had to quit as it would have a detrimental effect on surgery recovery and follow-on treatment with radiation and possibly chemotherapy (radiation burns in my throat in particular). A medical oncologist suggested Chantix and after having attempted to quit several times in the past, it was finally successful. I only needed to use the Chatix for four weeks. In a month I was done and have been for over six years now. On very rare occasions I can taste tobacco and nicotine in my mouth, but there's no physical or mental cravings. No side effects of note for me; just ability to quit that had failed before."

JALind52 September 24, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Im on day 20. And every day has been a struggle. I have noticed a decrease in smoking. From a pack to half pack. But im so over being sick all the time. Even with food, I feel headaches and nausea. No weird dreams, but I am sleepy all the time. I would like to stay on it because the urge is going away, but I also want my life back. With my physically demanding job, I can't be sick all the time. I dont know what to do :("

gottigirl September 18, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "With Chantix I quit smoking No side effects No Crazy dreams My doctor Prescribe The first session I Finished the first session And got a refill for a second session before the second session was complete I no longer smoke cigarettes. Chantix WORKS."

bakershannon September 18, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I started with 1/2 mg daily then 2x then 1mg 2x. Too much for me. I did not like the feeling. So I have tapered off back to 1/2mg in the morning. So far craving minimal. 28 days so far. I am happy to be free of nicotine."

Knollibe (taken for less than 1 month) September 13, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I am a 58 yr old woman and it took me three tries at three different times In my life but as of March 2015 I have not had a cig..the only side effect for me was very vivid dreams but I kinda liked them.Thanks to the Pfizer corp for giving them to me free due to my low income because without Chantix I have no doubt I would still be smoking.Thank you Pfizer God Bless"

Snugdabug September 12, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I'm happy to see that Chantix helped ppl. We all know cigarettes are not healthy, tax your breathing, make you a social pariah, etc., And then there's the ridiculous cost. Which is why I wanted to stop; for all the reasons listed above. I knew, from the commercial, this could make me depressed and suicidal. I thought it was the common disclaimer to avoid liability if I decide to stop smoking but jump off a bridge. Which is where I was pretty quickly into it. I felt like a zombie, was ridiculously tired. No matter how much sleep I got, was tired. And sad. Cigarettes lost their appeal. As did everything else. I was/am extremely congested, sad, "lost," hopeless. My teeth hurt. !? I also had strange smells. Good news- stopping abruptly is OK"

KT kit (taken for less than 1 month) September 10, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "So I quit smoking cigarettes with vaping and now I'm trying to quit vaping with Chantix. I was told as long as there is nicotine in the juice I'm using it should work. I started week 3 today I've noticed a decrease for the want/need so I'm hopeful this is going to work. I just don't know if I should switch back to cigarettes?? I quit those on Oct 17 last year so it's been almost one whole year without one."

Vaper (taken for less than 1 month) September 9, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Pack-a-day for 12 yrs, now on Day 22 (quit date is D 26). Started to work right away. D 2-3 cigs tasted funny/unpleasant (WOW!), D 7-8 couldn't get thru half-a-pack, D 13 down to 3, since D 17 can't even finish one. Side effects all feel like withdrawal to me (headache, sleep issues/dreams, digestion, irritability), esp. cuz they got better over time. There's no more effect from smoking, the withdrawal is TOTAL. Some advice, Melatonin for sleep and drink lots of water. Other big side effect: I FEEL SO MUCH BETTER physically and now emotionally. No more grumpy! I really have seen how insidious nicotine is, working its addiction into so many aspects of my life, making everything seem like a compulsion. Stick with it, FREEDOM IS GOOOOOOOOOD!!!"

bxbomber42 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 8, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I just got my prescription yesterday. I took the pill tried smoking and already noticed my disgust in cigarettes. I really hope this will last. I'm 22 and have been smoking since I was 19. Wish me luck! I'm so excited to start my journey as a nonsmoker!!"

Sam Sam September 3, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I love my cigarettes. Have for almost 20 years (about a pack a day). Chantix does exactly what it says it will do. I doesn't allow the nicotine to reach the receptors in your brain. Within a day I saw a decrees want/need to smoke. Day two I smoked less than 4 cigarettes, and none of them to completion. By day three I had one in the morning due to habit alone. I'm on day four and haven't had one yet. I have drank more coffee but I haven't ate more than I though I would. Dreams have not been what I thought they would by reading some other posts, pretty normal actually. I do agree that you should eat before taking the medication. 3 days in I made the mistake of taking the medication without eating and ended up vomiting. Good luck!"

Tony Dee #2 August 29, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I want to let everyone know about how I reacted to chantex.....DAY 7 AND 8 I am soooo tired i cant move nor have the desire to move. I am mad angry and confused dont know why! I was getting sleeping and I told myself I needed to go to bed So I setup and I was already in bed! ( I thought I was at the computer desk studying! it is 4 pm now and I have been asleep about 10 times since I woke up at 5am. All I want to do is sleep I am so tired I even dream ( in color) about being tired. Thankfully this hit me on the weekend, tomorrow I have to work! Hopefully I will be able to move! I dont worry about having cigarettes anymore I really dont have the fierceness I used to about " I GOT TO HAVE A SMOKE!!!!!!" I am just numb about it now"

ole smoker (taken for less than 1 month) August 28, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I took Chantix 5 years ago for 11 weeks. I have am still smoke free. I was fortunate in that I didn't experience any of the possible side effects. I still don't have any urges to smoke and am enjoying life as a non smoker."

Ohio Native (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 21, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I quit smoking thanks to you from 2008. I am happy. The only side effect was insomnia."

Dannik (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 19, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Quit on the 8th day of taking Chantix. 14 days since my last cigarette."

KGQuitter August 17, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I had smoked for 30 years. My daughter asked me to stop smoking before my grandson was born. My grandson is now 4 yrs.old and I have not smoked in 4 1/2 yrs. now. I couldn't have done it without Chantix."

DShelton59 (taken for less than 1 month) August 14, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for more than forty years. I try every thing on the market to stop smoking. Finally my doctor prescribed Chantix. I took Chantix and set a date to quick. After two weeks of taking Chantix, I was free of smoking and have not smoked for almost six years."

Phillyman (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I am a 61 year old female who smoked since I was 18 (about a pack a day). Over the years I had tried to quit with everything and anything available. In Sep 14 I used Chantix to successfully quit and I was successful for 9 months. In Jun 15 my husband had a heart attack and I used it as an excuse to start smoking again. Chantix worked wonders the first time so I am trying again. One week without a cigarette and I'm feeling great. Only side effects are a little nausea if I don't eat and some vivid (not scary) dreams. I know I'm going to beat this addiction once and for all this time thanks to Chantix!!!!"

stldawn (taken for less than 1 month) August 4, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "It took me a couple times, but after taking Chantix for a week, I am now over 5 years without nicotine. I would take 1/2 pill at night before bed, it worked!!!"

Chr1sgolf August 3, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 25+ years i was smoking over a pack a day. I have tried other means of quitting in the past with no results. It would work for a few weeks/months but i found myself right back smoking. At first when taking Chantix i was unsure if it would work and i was nervous about the side affects. I noticed within a few days cigarettes tasted different and the longer i smoked on chantix the less i wanted to finish a smoke. Toward the end of quitting, packs of cigarettes were lasting longer. It took me about 3 months on Chantix before i smoked my last cigarette 3 months ago!! The only side affect i had was sleepless nights. I have no cravings and no use for cigarettes anymore. Thanks Chantix for giving me my freedom and my life back!!"

Scootah August 2, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I only took this med for 7 days. I haven't had a cigarette or the desire for one in over 6 years. It was like a light switch was turned off in my brain."

NoMoreCigs (taken for less than 1 month) July 21, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "been on Chantix for three weeks and have wet the bed two nights in a row now. I'm going to stop taking it as I googled and read about other people having the same issue. Sadly, this is not listed in the side effects."

Dissapointed1 (taken for less than 1 month) July 12, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Smoked cigarettes for over 20 years now i am free of nicotine and smoking for 1 year. Thank you Champix. I was a real addict."

Ahmet Guvencer (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 9, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Started age 18 Smoked 37 years Up to about 1 1/2+ packs a day when I first tried Chantix realized in the first week that it was probably going to work so I stopped it because I wasn't ready to quit smoking. When I was ready the second time I stopped at the end of the first week because I had no desire and it was pointless to try. That was January 2012 and I haven't thought or wanted a cigarette since. So Chantix did what it said it would and for me no bad or vivid dreams or anything BUT (and I'm not alone ) that week is the same week I lost or severely altered my sense of smell which used to be better than average. Coincidence? It might be a synergistic reaction specific to some people. And I can't taste since January 2015, 3 years later."

sally annish July 9, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "After smoking for 22 years, I started my sixth week today and I couldn't be happier that I started Chantix. I have not had any side effects whatsoever while taking this medicine. I have been told that I seem happier and goofier (in a good way). Starting Chantix has actually helped with not drinking alcohol during social events, happy hour, dinner, etc. The smoking and drinking definitely went hand-in-hand. With that said, Chantix has helped in more ways than one! In the long run, I will have more money in my pocket, too! I have more energy, no cravings for smoking, more active, I don't miss out on a lot of conversations due to stepping out to smoke, smell better and simply more time on my hands. Good Luck to all!"

Omaha, NE July 7, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I am currently on my second week of this medication and have noticed a decrease in the urge to smoke. I was a pack and a half a day smoker for 25 years and I am down to a half a pack. This is huge for me. I am totally set on quitting and I believe that this drug is going to kick my habit! Will update when medication is complete."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) July 6, 2016