User Reviews for Chantix

Learn more about Chantix.

Smoking Cessation 922 reviews 18 medications

8.9
Summary of Chantix reviews 922 reviews 8.9

Reviews for Chantix

For Smoking Cessation "I tried for years to quit smoking nothing would work. Last September I starting taking chantax I never want another cigarette I feel great"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Smoking Cessation "I was a pretty heavy smoker-about a pack a day (even on days I can't smoke at work which just meant I'd chain smoke when I left to catch up!) and I always made excuses to go have a smoke. I also made many excuses not to quit. I finally decided that I wanted to stop and I couldn't believe how well the Chantix worked for me. I had tried the nicotine patch, Wellbutrin, cold turkey....Chantix was kind of my last resort. The only side effect I noticed was a couple minutes of nausea right after I took the pill but it wasn't enough to make me stop. I quit smoking on day 5. I quit before my quit date. I'm planning to take the full 6 months but I'm on week 6 and feel fantastic! I highly recommend Chantix to anyone who has struggled to quit!"

Lew82 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Smoking Cessation "I'm an avid outdoorsman who loved to smoke. Loved the taste and smell since I was 16. I'm now 42 and smoked off on for all those years. This deer season was a life changing experience for me when I found myself really struggling to drag a deer out of the woods. I had never had problems before but I could hardly breath and felt like I was going to die. I had made up my mind right then and there to quit smoking for good. I made an apt to see my doctor and have a physical and talk about Chantix. I started Chantix nearly two weeks ago, smoked the first week when starting it. I am now 5 days smoke free. Still get mild cravings from time to time but they pass generally quick. I have had no major side effects other than a little restless."

TonyH54457 (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Smoking Cessation "Thank you so much for Chantix! I have bullous emphysema. My doctor suggested Chantix so I figured I would give it a try. It took a couple of tries before I finally was able to quit. The fact that you continue to smoke for the first week of taking the medication makes it easier. The Chantix is building up in your system while you are starting to notice the cigarettes that you are really not craving but smoking more out of habit. It made me nauseous but not enough to stop taking it. February 10 of this year (2017) was 3 years since I quit smoking! On warning: DO NOT STOP TAKING IT SUDDENLY. It caused MAJOR depression. You have to come off of it gradually. Would I do it again, though? You bet your butt, I would."

Sherry Lea (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Smoking Cessation "Day 2, definitely noticing reduced cravings but super nauseous and weird pain in left side of neck plus super tired even though I've been drinking a lot of coffee. I've been reading the reviews online and I'm not willing to continue taking with the serious side effects I'm reading about."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Smoking Cessation "Started working really fast. Went from a pack and half a day to three cigs or less in a week. I was thrilled. Week two I started getting really weird and vivid dreams. I also woke up one night, after going to sleep completely sober, with a fully prepped microwave burrito next to me that I didn't recall making. I found all this to be amusing, even enjoyable. Week three I became very withdrawn. My girlfriend said I was becoming irritable.. that I was hallucinating. She begged me to get off it but I was blind to the symptoms she stated. I strongly suspect night terrors born by this drug and hallucinations"

Thrawler (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Smoking Cessation "Dear Chartix, I have smoked for 27 years, I was so ready for that to change, I asked my doctor to give me a chance with trying it, she agreed! For me to tell you how now I have been free of smoking for 16 months now!! Thank you Chantix for helping me!!! Sincerely, Joanne"

JoJo42 February 19, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Smoking Cessation "I stopped smoking with Chantix six months ago and I took it for three months. Chantix is a help not a miracle, but it will help you to quit smoking. You will still experience some mild cravings, but they are not intense at all. I reduced those with stop smoking subliminal sessions you could find in youtube. Chantix was covered 100 % by my health insurance, thanks for that and thanks to Pfizer. Side effects are not bad compared to smoking. Dreams were vivid and I enjoyed them. I do advice if you can't stand the side effects, reduce the dose or do a liver detox before taking the pill. Unless you are allergic (rash), if that your case you might need to wait for Pfizer to come with another drug. I hope you quit smoking like I did. Best luck."

ChantixBestFan February 15, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Smoking Cessation "I started chantix in November of 2016 followed the directions to a T and have now been smoke free for 3 months!! You have to have the will-power to want to quit otherwise it will be a waste of money. Chantix definitely cut the cravings which made the transition from heavy smoker to non-smoker as easy as possible. Although I did have many crying and angry episodes it was very well worth the struggle. I am very proud to say that I'm 3 months smoke free and couldn't be happier. Definitely recommend chantix to start you healthy new you!! Congratulations on you new journey to becoming smoke free!!"

Weatherproof February 3, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Smoking Cessation "This absolutely works. I quit twice but I needed more than 2 months (doctor did not think so). When I got a new RX last year, the cost was out of sight...185.00/month. I had hoped the cost would come down because I know it works. For now, I am in limbo......"

Marilynp44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Smoking Cessation "I quit smoking more than a year and a half ago after smoking more than forty five years up to and including 3-4 packs a day I have never looked back other that as I go out the door I check my shirt pocket to make sure I have my lighter and my smokes! Not! my life has changed forever for the better now that I a a non smoker"

Tonytony-smith.com (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Smoking Cessation "ONE DAY OR DAY ONE: you decide. Yesterday I decided to get Chantix rx from doctor and started the pills. ONLY eleven years smoking, I'm not even thirty and feel like shiz, I can't imagine how horrible I'll feel in 11 more--if I'm still alive. Smoked the last cig in my pack a while ago, official quit day is Feb 13th--one month after my smoking co-worker (over 20 years, pack+/day) quit cold turkey. This is my Day One."

LovarGul January 31, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Smoking Cessation "My second time on the medication. I quit for a year on it before and the first time I only used it for 3 months. Now using again to quit but this time I'm not letting any horrible life event bring me back to smoking. This is the only thing that works for me. Its amazing and even it give me hi-def crazy realistic dreams I actually I don't mind dreaming about Ryan Reynolds on a yacht except when I wake up and its not real. In all seriousness it's amazing"

Dedede January 28, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Smoking Cessation "When I first started the Chantix my doctor said to stop smoking after the first week of starting chantix but when I tried I was still having bad cravings for a cigarette so I ended up smoking but I continued to take the chantix and after a month and a half I was down to smoking only five cigarettes a day so then I finally said that I was done smoking and put down the cigarettes. Now I have been four months smoke free you will still have small craving but you just have to resist the urge chew gum or suck on a sucker until the urge passes and I am still taking the chantix this is my last month on it so I quit smoking in October and this is January so three months after my last cigarette and I feel great not had a cigarette now since ."

Nieto05 January 24, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Smoking Cessation "These reviews are total shams. The successful quit rates for people using Chantix, the patch and nicorette gum combined is lower than quitting cold turkey. Notice how every review follows the same formula? 1) State that you smoked heavily for decades 2) Claim that Chantix made you forget that you ever enjoyed smoking... it was EASY! 3) Neglect to mention all the side effects- including an alarmingly high rate of suicidal thoughts The only proven method is cold turkey. Wanna drag out your physical cravings for months? Go on the patch, get less nicotine than your body wants, be in mild withdrawal constantly, and have ZERO to show for all that discomfort 2 months later. Cold turkey? 72 hours and the rest is all psychological."

ddferrari January 19, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Smoking Cessation "I am 72 yrs old. Smoking for over 50 yrs. Tried the patches,to get burn marks on my arms, and itch me like crazy. I am a cancer surviver of 20 yrs. My Dr. put me on Chantix, two pills a day and after one mo. while still smoking, I woke up one morning and said that's it, no more smoking. That was 7 mo. ago, with no side affects at all. Thank God for Chantix."

KT SR. January 9, 2017

32 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Smoking Cessation "I had been smoking for 42 years. I have tried different ways to stop smoking and it seemed that neither one of them helped. I would always cheat and smoke one here and smoke one there. Chantix is the only medicine didn't help me quit smoking . When I was smoking I was smoking 2 to 2 1/2 packs a day. I can now stay with Chantix I have been smoke-free for nine years. Thank you Chantix"

Timmy T January 3, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Smoking Cessation "Started Chantix and had horrible dreams at night and depression / suicidal thoughts during the day. After a week, I stopped taking it and continued to smoke. I tried the drug again the next year and had amazing results. The medication completely curbed my desire to smoke. I also lost the urge to drink Mt. Dew. Anyways, I quit smoking for 2 years. After not smoking for 2 years my oldest child became ill and was hospitalized. I ended up smoking again during this life event. I immediately started taking Chantix after he left the hospital and the drug worked again. I have not smoke for many years and have lost the urge to pick the habit back up. Please, please do yourself a favor and use this life enhancing drug. It was the best decision"

JDLimbo January 3, 2017

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Smoking Cessation "Day 1, that night, I broke out in a horrible, madly itching rash and had severe abdominal pain. I am afraid to take it again. Does anyone have a solution for this? Benedryl, rtc?"

GwaMa December 30, 2016

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Smoking Cessation "F...ing great. It is great not to smoke. I have been smoking for 40 years and now I no longer need to I'm so happy to be free from it"

Rick a b December 30, 2016

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Smoking Cessation "Nothing less than incredible. I have not even had any side affects; I'm a bit disappointed because I was curious about the funky dreams I had heard was common. Not a one. I started August '16 and stopped smoking about 3 weeks later. I'm on my last month of it now and will stop mid-January '17. It's really cool/interesting the way it takes away that desire. I'm kind of afraid of what will happen when I stop, though. Fortunately my insurance only made me pay $30 per month."

Causemoi (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2016

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Smoking Cessation "I'm 62 years old and had been smoking since I was 12. For financial and health reasons decided it was time to quit. With the help of Chanix, I was able to quit after 3 weeks on the medication, I continued to take it for another 2 weeks before stopping it all together. Glad to say I am nicotine free for 7 months now. Not going to say at times I don't want a smoke but being able to tell myself I don't smoke and don't have to smoke is what I couldn't do in the past. So thank you, Chanix."

M. L. Smith (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 18, 2016

20 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Smoking Cessation "I used chantix 10 years ago when I had been smoking for 30 years. I did not really want to quit but felt I should with the health issues and all. It worked for me without my having any willpower. I had never before tried to quit because I knew I wouldn't succeed so I was very surprised that this helped me quit."

Rojill December 17, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Smoking Cessation "Well today is day 4 and as of today I am 1 day smoke-free I know it said I can smoke up until seven days but I ran out of cigarettes and I decided not to get anymore and to be honest I don't even have the urge to smoke I thought it would be really hard to quit I have tried the patches really didn't like the way that it made me feel asked the doctor for help and she gave me Chantix hopefully I won't have to go no longer than the 12 weeks thank you not only for me but for my four boys What a wonderful way to start the new year smoke-free"

Wannag December 15, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes   No

For Smoking Cessation "This is my second go around with Chantix -- the last time being 7 or so years ago. I'm on my second day with no smoking, (9th day on drug) and I feel like I have more energy, and generally feel like some cloud (no pun) has been lifted -- I haven't felt like this since I was 14 (started smoking a pack a day at 15). I've been a smoker for 30 years. I fear I'm on some kind of "pink cloud" that addicts often refer to. I've had some strange dreams, and had trouble falling asleep last night -- but aside from that, no other side effects. I'm hoping the dreams don't turn into nightmares, as they were so terrible 7 years ago when I first tried Chantix, that I had to stop."

ForgotToSmoke (taken for less than 1 month) December 14, 2016