User Reviews for Chantix

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Chantix.

Smoking Cessation
8.8

1,001 reviews 18 medications
Summary of Chantix reviews 8.8 1,001 reviews

Reviews for Chantix

For Smoking Cessation "I just got my 8th year of being smoke free thanks to Chantix! I smoked for 25 yrs and tried to quit at least 20 with no success until my Dr. gave me a prescription! I started this in January of 2010 3 months after I had my heart atack!!"

Bigdog54 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 15, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I am 76 yrs old . I started smoking when I was 16. I finally quit 8 yrs ago. I had tried many times and tried many methods. I tried the patches first but they still had nicotine in them and didn't take away the craving. For me Chantix worked the best because it took away the craving really well."

Sandyj565 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 10, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I just started my second week of Chantix and I'm feeling very angry, short tempered, just not my usual happy go lucky self. Also been experiencing strange dreams and not being able to fall asleep or stay asleep very long. Still craving cigarettes about the same. Going to continue to use in hopes that I will quit smoking. Good Luck to everyone else on it."

crystallang2000 February 8, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I had tried cold turkey several times. I was able to quit but the desire to smoke never left. Was never willing to try the patch or the gum. The science behind Chantix made sense to me so I tried it. I can easily say it was a miracle. I was on Chantix two weeks, considerably less than the max time (12 weeks), but that was enough. It did make me mildly irritable and in a bit of a funky fog, but neither homicidal nor suicidal. But after two weeks, I decided it was enough. And I never had a craving after I quit. Never. The link between my brain and the nicotine was severed completely and the habit went with it. It's been 10 years. :)"

ReneeLuna (taken for less than 1 month) January 16, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "It works! I was hating on them at first because I doubted it but I'm so glad I bought them (it is expensive) hopefully generics make there way on the market so everyone can get off cigerettes. Without these pills I wouldn't of been able to quit due to a sharp pain I get on both sides of my head because I feel like a needle is poking my brain when I go a minute without nicotine. In my second day and it looks like it's going good. The pain doesn't completely go away right away because the first days is the painful. You don't how happy I am I felt hopeless because of nicotine and I'm happy that there is a medicine that finally works. I am no longer chained and I feel like a million dollars"

Cnasty (taken for less than 1 month) January 4, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I used chantix back in 2013- It worked! I did not have horrific side effects - possibly bc I don't drink alcohol at all. I smoked 35 years!! 3 packs a day!! I quit 100% for 2 weeks! I had only purchased 1 month bc I don't have insurance! Then- of course "something" happ and I started smoking again! A month later re- purchased used chantix and it didn't work! I believe It was bc I had stopped and started too soon! This time 2017 - I've purchased 3 months up front! My advice do as many months as you can afford in the beginning!! If you yo-yo - on it..off it - for some reason it looses potency! Wish me luck!! Good luck to you all"

Lilygizmocat January 3, 2018

For Smoking Cessation "I have been a smoker since 12 yrs of age. I am 75 yrs old and I feel great. I made the decision when my grandson's wife was having my first great grandson . I said I wanted to live to see him grow up and wanted to see my two granddaughters graduate from high school and college. The girls graduated last year 1 from high school and the other one from college. Yes I did have side effects, but I got through it with the support of my family . I am happy that I am smoke free from all those years. I had it bad where I was smoking 2 packs a day and I had a very bad cough. I began to throw up , had a lot of mucus and my legs began to hurt me . All of this was from me smoking. Thanks chantix for giving me my life back."

Truly.T December 29, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "This is from a 45 year, 2 plus packs a day smoker. Last March (2017) my wife and I decided we were going to give Chantix a try. We started and actually my wife quit a few days before me. I asked her why she no longer smoked and she said she was taking two chantix a day. One in morn one in evening. I was only taking one a day. I started her routine and I have to say that 3 days later I actually got sick trying to smoke a cigarette. That was the last cigarette I have attempted to smoke. Smoke free for 9 months, gained a few pounds, but feeling good about being a non smoker. Don't even think about it anymore."

MIKENYAK (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 26, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I've been on Chantix for two weeks now. Yes I'm moody as hell, depressed, la la, BUT I naturally have those issues to begin with. It's not Chantix. Chantix may bring those conditions further to the surface, but you have to have a history of them first. Meditate, do yoga, listen to music, read, go for walks, up your intake of vitamins. I also take Zoloft which helps greatly. You have to be responsible for yourselves. Period. You either want to quit or you don't. End of story."

D.Marie (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "This is in regards to MY own experience with this drug. Straight to the point, this has been an absolute awful experience for me. From awful side affects (sickness mostly, vomiting) to strange behavior patterns and depression. I experienced all those things in the first week and had to quit. I was still smoking the same as before it but I do understand that I may have not given it a fair chance, having only went one week on it. So I cannot say rather it's effective for smoking cessation or not but for me, it wasn't worth it anyway. The side affects were to intense to manage and only getting worse. I would feel flu-like symptoms a couple hours after taking it and throughout the rest of the day. The first hour or so is the worst."

Robert R. (taken for less than 1 month) December 21, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "So far I am on day 9 (fourth day without a cig) on Champix/Chantix and it has been more or less a breeze so far. Sure every now and then your brain reminds you that it expects a smoke now but it's easy to say no and I hope that will go away with time. Considering how easy it is, is a sign of how incredibly strong a drug Champix/Chantix is. That's why I want to try to reduce my dosage pretty soon. Does anybody have experience with reducing dosage? My plan is to do 2mg(weeks 2-4), 1.5mg(weeks 5-7), 1mg(weeks 8-10), 0.5mg (weeks 11+12)..."

CapoCH (taken for less than 1 month) December 19, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "My last post was July 6, 2016 and I wanted to update. I have been smoke and alcohol free for almost a 1 1/2 years! I have no desire for either one as they went hand in hand. The money I spent on tobacco and alcohol is now spent on my well being in other areas. I love living a smoke free life and I tend to find myself with friends and colleagues that are non smokers. Stick with the three month program and don’t give up! I probably could have stopped at two months but I believe in finishing as prescribed. :)."

Omaha, NE (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 16, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I have been taking these pills for 90 days now and have not stopped smoking or even slow down at all. I don't understand how everyone can be on the same milligram. Not sure if I should continue with this program still smoking two two or two and a half packs a day. Has anyone else went through this then had some success."

Jaybird2189 November 30, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I quit smoking the first day I had to try Chantix! I was a little moody but I made it through! 9 years Oct 22nd! I do not have any sensation to smoke. My husband smokes and I do not want to go back!! I am so pleased!"

JennaChase1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I have been smoking since I was 13 yrs old, I am now 57 yrs old. I had quit before using the patch. With success for 4 yrs. Then I started back up ,(Being addicted to smoking) So in 2014 I tried Chantix.I stopped the Chantix, (stupid me) and continued smoking til Oct of 2017. The Chantix cost me $410.00 cuz I have no health insurance. So on Thanksgiving eve was my last cig. I have NO cravings. And feel GREAT !!!!!. Be patient.I did not give myself a quit date, ( To stressful). U will just not want a cig. It does work. Chantix has not given me weird dreams or upset stomach."

Brownbottom (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "Here is what nicotine does to your brain... Nicotine also can have effects on the parts of the brain that sense pleasure. When nicotine gets into the brain, it is able to stimulate the release of a neurotransmitter called dopamine. Dopamine activates some of the neurons in the part of the brain that register pleasure. As a result, nicotine triggers a chemical sensation of pleasure, which causes people to associate tobacco use with a feeling of pleasure. Here is what Chantix does to it... Chantix messes with the part of the brain that senses pleasure, looks forward to things, has hope for tomorrow. It takes that all away. I took Chantix and the effects were catastrophic. Needed three meds to counter it. Stay away!"

AnnieMagnolia November 17, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for over 40 years. This is my 2nd time doing Chantix. The 1st time I was able to quit after the first week but really got nauseous. So nauseous I had to stop Chantix. I started smoking a few weeks later. I've tried everything before. Chantix really does take the craving away. I started Chantix again 28 days ago. I'm down to maybe 1 or 2 hits off a cig a day and to the point I will have my quit date by the weekend. I'm not picking a quit date, just going off my craving. Once I take a hit it taste so bad. I made my self overcome the nausea by having a full stomach and drinking liquids. It really helped. I'm determined to finally quit!!"

JCAnaheim November 16, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "If you are on the fence about taking Chantix don't be. This flat out works. I was a 1 pack a day smoker sometimes 2 pack a day for 30 years +/-. Even if your on it, and don't think its working, keep taking it why not. I smoked while on it until one day when I was lighting up and just didn't. I went the rest of the day without smoking. I then crushed what cigs I had left and was done. I miss the dreams they were crazy awesome! As of now I am working on 2 years. Every once and a while I will kinda crave one but then I smell my co-workers right after they smoke and want to puke I can't believe I used to smell like that. Just do it!"

Danimal! (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 15, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I took chantix a little over a month. It made me have a psychotic split, now I have to take medication for the rest of my life. To say I wouldn't recommend it is putting it lightly. This DRUG shouldn't be allowed on the market."

Dreamlucidsaydreamlucid November 11, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "First of all, all of those people who quit, will be back to smoking really soon. And if it says they are smoke free for years, it is probably a bought comment by Pfizer. Trust me. I did quit as well 3 times, but it is not permanent. The side effects last even months after you take the pill. the last time I quit with it, I had a neurological breakdown, I could not control my body, I was having a non fatal stroke and even heart attack. I could not talk, had to be taken to the emergency. My eyes were rolling up, I could not control my limbs, could not talk, my mouth would not move to talk. It was horrible. Months later I am back to smoking and now I am scared to take the pill. The depression was horrific and same with the dreams. I do not recommend"

Mimi2017 November 5, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I have been on chantix for a little over a month now. I have been been smoke free for 11 days. I was a 25 year smoker. I couldn’t believe it...I just lost all desire to smoke. Thank you Chantix! I do feel a little down, I have some vivid dreams and still trying to get use to a non-smokers life style but never in a million years would I have ever thought quitting would be so easy. I plan on getting off Chantix in a few more weeks."

It’s a miracle dee November 3, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I started taking Chantix when I was 45 and other than smoking a healthy female that was guessed the age of early 30's every time someone asked. Healthy. But after taking Chantix for 2 months my ears starting ringing. It was assuredly annoying however I liked the way it was also affecting an awful bought of temporary depression after having just lost a friend from Cancer. I kept taking it, I did quit smoking fairly quickly, within the first 3 weeks but the Dr. agreed to keep me on it 4 the depression relief 4, 8 more weeks. In that 3rd month my ears started ringing so loud I couldn't sleep, I could hear what sounded like my own pulse pumping through my ears. My blood pressure skyrocketed, edema was1/4" deep and I now have an aortic anuerysm!"

Brokenheart from Chantix (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "In summer 2016, I decided to quit smoking after 30 years. I was able to cut my smoking back from 1 pack to 1 half pack a day, but always had cravings. A friend suggested I try Chantix. I went to the doctor, got the prescription, filled it, and promptly set it on the countertop where it remained for a few weeks because I was afraid of the side effects being publicized. Finally, I told myself that I had one week to quit on my own or that I would try the Chantix. I couldn't quit on my own. I started Chantix as prescribed, and one week later on December 22nd I smoked my last cigarette at 6:35pm. Ten months later, I am smoke free and no longer think about smoking or the fact that I quit smoking. I live my life as a nonsmoker and its fabulous."

Cheezit65 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 14, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "I have been 5 months quit thanks to Chantix. It really takes the edge off from day 1 if used as directed. My problem is the internet uses cookies. So even though I think I've quit, all I see are ads for Chantix, which reminds me of cigs when I'm not thinking about them. I may start back because of the Chantix ads!!! Please stop !!! I'm also seeing nonstop Jimmy Fallon ads even though I only clicked on one thing of his please make that stop too Chantix."

just call me ex smoker October 14, 2017

For Smoking Cessation "Hello all! It works if you let it!! I'm very pleased, it's only been a month but I can DEFINITELY see/feel the difference. I've had moments when I would get a just "little" cranky but nothing I can't handle. I've experienced those dreaded dreams but I haven't experienced the "waking up in a cold sweat" kind of dream, they're mild nothing too crazy, Thank God lol. But the worse thing for me is the nausea and the tired feeling. With the nausea I had to make sure I had something on my stomach, and still keep ginger ale at my side. The tired feeling got so bad I started taking them at night because I wasn't able to really perform at work. Everyone is different but I hope some of this info helps. GL!!"

Wonder Woman 83 October 13, 2017