User Reviews for Chantix

Learn more about Chantix.

Chantix Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 22 medications used in the treatment of Smoking Cessation.

Reviews for Chantix to treat Smoking Cessation

"I never really believed I would quit smoking. I loved smoking. I wanted to live longer and that is the only reason I wanted to quit. I chose option 3 plan on chantix 84 days to quit, you just cut in half each month. I had a lot of nausea so I took 1/2 dosage for 3 weeks. At end of 3 weeks I went from 2 packs a say to 7-8 cigs a day. Started full dose at this time and ate before taking that helped nausea, had a lot of weird dreams but slept better on chantix. Today is my stop date and I fully quit almost a month ago before my stop date. I have never felt as proud as I am right now, I did it. I just had to get past the first 2 weeks then it was smooth sailing. I let chantix do the work. Thanks chantix"

Loved smoking (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"5 years ago I used chantix to quit smoking. I had tried everything over the years I smoked and chantix was the only thing that ever stopped me from smoking. It even helped my mood. I suffer from depression and the chantix helped my mood during the time I used it. I am grateful for this medication"

Msmoky911 May 18, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I hesitated to try Chantix due to the side effects. But I had some minor health scares and knew that my luck would run out soon. I really didn't want to quit smoking. I started Chantix 9 days ago. I smoked my last (hopefully) cigarette 6 days ago. I know it's very early in the quit process, I've done this before years ago. I've had no adverse effects from Chantix. Quitting has been one of the easiest things to do. Yes, I still have the urge to smoke at times but it's more the habitual urge. The cravings have been less than mild. I plan on this being the last time I have to quit, Chantix has made this a breeze so far!!"

CLauch (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had no side effects. It was so easy for me."

hencass May 13, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This is my 2nd round. I'm an idiot and started back a year later for the hell of it. This medicine is the best thing you can do if you want to quit. It makes it easy. I've quit every way you can and this is by far the best route. There's 2 things- Just make sure you drink a glass of milk with it, and you're going to have some crazy dreams. But that's nothing."

Chanell13181 May 4, 2017

5 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Hey all you people having bad dreams I have a suggestion. Take a 5mg Melatonin. That's what I do and haven't had a bad dream yet."

Daph24 May 1, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking this for 3 days now. It has been helping me cut back tremendously. On a side note it has made me feel irritable during the day and I have had crazy dreams during the night. Nothing I can't deal with so I am going to continue taking it."

Kyle123456 April 26, 2017

6 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"It has really helped with urges and no real side effects I can tell except for more vivid dreams, not bad dreams, just more vivid and more memorable. Would recommend for anyone who REALLY wants to quit smoking."

Brucedrys April 18, 2017

"Worked for Me !!!!"

Judy Tory April 9, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had a stroke at the age of 31 and had been smoking since the age of 15. so I knew I needed to stop now, and I took chantix and after 7 days I quit!!! it was very easy to do, I did have some bad dreams, but not nightmares, and also some nausea, but I could deal with that. this product really works!!!! would definitely recommend this product!"

kristenm (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started smoking at the age of 19. I am now 50 and decided it was time to quit or face serious health risks. I have quit many times and suffered through withdrawals but the cravings always got the best of me. I started Chantix with the aid of my Physician to see what would happen. Went through the withdrawal period and now I am amazed how my cravings have gone. I even stopped drinking pop and only drink tea and water now. Totally blown away!"

Kozmolion April 6, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I smoked for 16 years. After almost 3 weeks on Chantix I all of a sudden had no desire to smoke. I've been cigarette free for 17 days and loving the way my hair smells "

RebeccaKay March 30, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"ddferrari, I don't believe these people are faking about their experiences. Because I had a good experience with chantix. Honestly, I AM smoking again. I took this a couple of years ago for about a week or two and went from a pack a day to a cigarette every three days. So it DID help. BUT it did make me super tired so much to the point I felt sick constantly. I was having dreams. Dreams about my boyfriend cheating on me (which he was). I'm about to start taking them again. I had stopped back then because of all of that stuff. But I'm going to start again because I did see an improvement. This time I really plan on stopping..."

Brittanycoraline March 27, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I tried for years to quit smoking nothing would work. Last September I starting taking chantax I never want another cigarette I feel great"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was a pretty heavy smoker-about a pack a day (even on days I can't smoke at work which just meant I'd chain smoke when I left to catch up!) and I always made excuses to go have a smoke. I also made many excuses not to quit. I finally decided that I wanted to stop and I couldn't believe how well the Chantix worked for me. I had tried the nicotine patch, Wellbutrin, cold turkey....Chantix was kind of my last resort. The only side effect I noticed was a couple minutes of nausea right after I took the pill but it wasn't enough to make me stop. I quit smoking on day 5. I quit before my quit date. I'm planning to take the full 6 months but I'm on week 6 and feel fantastic! I highly recommend Chantix to anyone who has struggled to quit!"

Lew82 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2017

31 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm an avid outdoorsman who loved to smoke. Loved the taste and smell since I was 16. I'm now 42 and smoked off on for all those years. This deer season was a life changing experience for me when I found myself really struggling to drag a deer out of the woods. I had never had problems before but I could hardly breath and felt like I was going to die. I had made up my mind right then and there to quit smoking for good. I made an apt to see my doctor and have a physical and talk about Chantix. I started Chantix nearly two weeks ago, smoked the first week when starting it. I am now 5 days smoke free. Still get mild cravings from time to time but they pass generally quick. I have had no major side effects other than a little restless."

TonyH54457 (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Thank you so much for Chantix! I have bullous emphysema. My doctor suggested Chantix so I figured I would give it a try. It took a couple of tries before I finally was able to quit. The fact that you continue to smoke for the first week of taking the medication makes it easier. The Chantix is building up in your system while you are starting to notice the cigarettes that you are really not craving but smoking more out of habit. It made me nauseous but not enough to stop taking it. February 10 of this year (2017) was 3 years since I quit smoking! On warning: DO NOT STOP TAKING IT SUDDENLY. It caused MAJOR depression. You have to come off of it gradually. Would I do it again, though? You bet your butt, I would."

Sherry Lea (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 13, 2017

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Day 2, definitely noticing reduced cravings but super nauseous and weird pain in left side of neck plus super tired even though I've been drinking a lot of coffee. I've been reading the reviews online and I'm not willing to continue taking with the serious side effects I'm reading about."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) March 10, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Started working really fast. Went from a pack and half a day to three cigs or less in a week. I was thrilled. Week two I started getting really weird and vivid dreams. I also woke up one night, after going to sleep completely sober, with a fully prepped microwave burrito next to me that I didn't recall making. I found all this to be amusing, even enjoyable. Week three I became very withdrawn. My girlfriend said I was becoming irritable.. that I was hallucinating. She begged me to get off it but I was blind to the symptoms she stated. I strongly suspect night terrors born by this drug and hallucinations"

Thrawler (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Dear Chartix, I have smoked for 27 years, I was so ready for that to change, I asked my doctor to give me a chance with trying it, she agreed! For me to tell you how now I have been free of smoking for 16 months now!! Thank you Chantix for helping me!!! Sincerely, Joanne"

JoJo42 February 19, 2017

33 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I stopped smoking with Chantix six months ago and I took it for three months. Chantix is a help not a miracle, but it will help you to quit smoking. You will still experience some mild cravings, but they are not intense at all. I reduced those with stop smoking subliminal sessions you could find in youtube. Chantix was covered 100 % by my health insurance, thanks for that and thanks to Pfizer. Side effects are not bad compared to smoking. Dreams were vivid and I enjoyed them. I do advice if you can't stand the side effects, reduce the dose or do a liver detox before taking the pill. Unless you are allergic (rash), if that your case you might need to wait for Pfizer to come with another drug. I hope you quit smoking like I did. Best luck."

ChantixBestFan February 15, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started chantix in November of 2016 followed the directions to a T and have now been smoke free for 3 months!! You have to have the will-power to want to quit otherwise it will be a waste of money. Chantix definitely cut the cravings which made the transition from heavy smoker to non-smoker as easy as possible. Although I did have many crying and angry episodes it was very well worth the struggle. I am very proud to say that I'm 3 months smoke free and couldn't be happier. Definitely recommend chantix to start you healthy new you!! Congratulations on you new journey to becoming smoke free!!"

Weatherproof February 3, 2017

18 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This absolutely works. I quit twice but I needed more than 2 months (doctor did not think so). When I got a new RX last year, the cost was out of sight...185.00/month. I had hoped the cost would come down because I know it works. For now, I am in limbo......"

Marilynp44 (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I quit smoking more than a year and a half ago after smoking more than forty five years up to and including 3-4 packs a day I have never looked back other that as I go out the door I check my shirt pocket to make sure I have my lighter and my smokes! Not! my life has changed forever for the better now that I a a non smoker"

Tonytony-smith.com (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 1, 2017

15 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"ONE DAY OR DAY ONE: you decide. Yesterday I decided to get Chantix rx from doctor and started the pills. ONLY eleven years smoking, I'm not even thirty and feel like shiz, I can't imagine how horrible I'll feel in 11 more--if I'm still alive. Smoked the last cig in my pack a while ago, official quit day is Feb 13th--one month after my smoking co-worker (over 20 years, pack+/day) quit cold turkey. This is my Day One."

LovarGul January 31, 2017