User Reviews for Chantix to treat Smoking Cessation

Chantix Rating Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

Compare all 17 medications used in the treatment of Smoking Cessation.

Reviews for Chantix

Smokeman · Taken for less than 1 month May 4, 2020

“I have been on Chantix for 3 weeks now. I couldn't smoke past day 4, however continued till day 8. I haven't smoked in last almost 10 days. The good thing about Chantix it is so easy to manage withdrawal symptoms. I do get some weird dreams but it was easy to manage.”

Donald Duck April 4, 2020

“I've been dipping tobacco three cans per 24 hours for 18 years, after week two of Chantix alone, I had decreased the amount to one can. I still found it difficult to just stop all together though. On week five, the first week of the continuation pack, I added nicotine gum. By week six I was able to put the dip down all together. I continued with the gum for a week after and I stopped chewing the nicotine gum and then transitioned to regular chewing gum. It was a success!! I must say you have to have the mindset that it's time to quit. You can't go into thinking your just gonna stop without trying, you won't succeed.”

Hm · Taken for less than 1 month March 9, 2020

“Been using chantix for 3 weeks, hasn't helped a bit, still smoking like a freight train”

Q · Taken for less than 1 month February 16, 2020

“Took chantix for less than 2 weeks before quitting cigarettes. Just finished my first week of no cigarettes and NO medication. I was very ready to quit when I started chantix. Still craving but keep reminding myself of how far I've come and how I really don't enjoy smoking, I'm just bored. Find something to do - it helps. First day of no cigs or meds, I made it all the way to the store for a pack and by the time I got there, didn't want a cig. Side effects were irritability, sleepiness and definitely weird as dreams. Just kept telling myself the sooner I stop smoking , the sooner I can stop taking the meds.”

henry · Taken for less than 1 month February 11, 2020

“I started the Chantix on March 2nd of 2019. My last cigarette was on St. Patricks day 2019. Almost one year smoke free. After 45 years of smoking - I actually quit. If I can do it, anyone can.”

BakerMargera February 8, 2020

“I'm using Chantix along with lozenges and patches. I've attempted to quit smoking with patches and lozenges alone off and on for years with out success. The addition of Chantix is making all the difference. I've been smoking for 10 years and for the last 4 years I've been smoking between a pack to a pack and a half a day. Quitting seemed impossible! I'd tell myself everyday "this pack is my last pack" as I drove to buy another pack! Once I started treatment I didn't know what to expect. Days 1-3 I smoked 1-2 cigarettes a day. On day 4 I couldn't smoke even 2 puffs before just putting it out in disgust. I didn't smoke a cigarette today, It didn't even cross my mind. I feel healthier and more alert. I can take deeper breaths without the phlegm, my eyes don't burn in the morning, Im saving money, my head isn't foggy, my clothes don't smell like an ashtray, and I feel an overwhelming source of energy radiating through my body. So much improvement in just 11 days!”

Fee February 6, 2020

“August 2019 , walking up the block with my granddaughter, pausing every 1 min to catch my breath. I went back to my doctor and prescribed me Chantix again. 7 days starter pack, smoking half the amount. 14 days , smoking 4 a day . September 21 -19 my last cigarette to date. Here’s how Chantix helped me. One day you will get tired and hate smoking . Be strong , don’t let anything little excuse triggers smoking . Be strong . 3 days nicotine urge is gone. The biggest fight is the mental habits. Mentally something we did for years . The same routine every day . Light up before bed, Toilet, after work , before sex after sex, meals, rainy , sunny .etc. I still reach In my pocket till today. Every time you get the urge, loudly ask yourself. WHY DO I SMOKE. By the way I joined a gym and gave up coffee. Coffee and cigarettes did go hand in hand for me. So go get chantix and you will thank yourself. Gums, nicotine patches, e-cigs really makes matter worse. Good luck . Thank you chantix.”

Bunnie · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 5, 2020

“Life-changing medicine! Works so fast and well. The thought never comes up to smoke, but have something to do in place of smoking. I do it because I’m bored, so now I just apply to new jobs and stuff.”

DJ · Taken for 1 to 6 months February 3, 2020

“I was hospitalized the day after Christmas 2019 for other issues than smoking, stomach issues, internal bleeding and alcoholism. I have COPD, I’ve smoked ever since I was sixteen. I am 63 yrs. old. Up to 3 packs a day. I was a mess. Do to being hospitalized I could not smoke or drink. After a 5 day stay I was released New Years Eve. I was sent home dry. I tried nicotine patches for about a week and a half. Alcohol was the LAST thing on my mind. I was sooo sick! Finally my primary doctor talked me into trying chantix again. It’s been 4 weeks, no smoking at all or alcohol. I still crave a cigarette, but it’s manageable. Moment by moment, this too shall pass. Side effects: nausea and vomiting if not taken with food, I want to sleep a lot! Slight depression? Occasional headaches. A feeling of “loss”. The pros outweigh the cons at least for me. I truly believe I was going to die after being hospitalized. By the grace of God it was wide awakening.”

Belle96 · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 31, 2020

“After reading reviews I was terrified to take this medicine, but I really wanted to quit, so I gave it a try. I took it for 35 days and quit due to side effects. I smoked for the first two weeks and haven’t smoked another one in 3 weeks. I did experience nausea some, vivid dreams, but nothing terrifying. I did get severely depressed and literally just got out of bed to go to work, so I decided to quit taking it. I think this drug is effective in helping you quit if you really desire to quit. It was a great start for me, and I’m hoping I don’t start back after quitting the medicine early. Cigarettes taste disgusting while using this and you don’t get that satisfaction after smoking like you normally would, so I think that’s what helps.”

Hamilton January 27, 2020

“I have only been on Chantix for about 5 weeks. I stopped smoking 5 days ago. Cravings are minimal and go away after about 10 minutes. If you have tried everything and are desperate to stop smoking it does work. The side effects can vary. Headaches, nausea, bloating, constipation but it is the only thing that just stopped me after 37 years of smoking. If you have any past mental health issues talk to your doctor. If you are using alchohol while taking Chantix even in small amounts....DON'T! It does work but u have to be ready to stop smoking.”

Kit · Taken for less than 1 month January 26, 2020

“Sore throat, peeling skin on face ears then respiratory stress. I had a total of 5 drs visit and one respiratory dr visit”

JAY January 26, 2020

“First off, this pill works for what it is intended for. 10 days after starting, I stopped smoking and had no desire to have a cigarette. I continued using for 3 more weeks, stopped and still am not smoking.. As for side effects, I did have nausea, but if I took with food, it helped a lot. I did have very vivid enhanced dreams, but nothing scary or nothing that bothered me. I do want to add though, if you are on any psychiatric medications, I'd use caution and talk to your doctor. I have been on medication for bipolar for over 20 years, and haven't had any kind of relapse for over 10 years. However, while on this drug, I did have a set back with some depression and mood swings, where I had to take a 3 week leave of absence from work. Now, this could be just a coincidence, but maybe not. I am better now, stable on my meds, and smoke free.. I would still recommend this drug, as it was very easy and effective to quit smoking, I'd just use caution.”

Chris · Taken for 1 to 2 years January 26, 2020

“I've used chantix and ended up with a rash over the top of my eye. I would like to try it again.”

Brian · Taken for less than 1 month January 15, 2020

“I took chantix for 39 days it will be 2 years in May since I've smoked and have absolutely no cravings”

Hana · Taken for less than 1 month January 5, 2020

“I started this medication because I was desperate to stop smoking. After looking online and seeing the terrible side effects I was hesitant so I talked to my nurse she said I would be fine. so I started it, the first day I was really frustrated with everything and everyone I yelled so much that day I drove myself crazy. I woke up the next morning and took my dose, was fine all day finally wasn’t crabby felt good. Later that night I started getting a pain in my chest I got up to get some air and I couldn’t breathe. I started panicking and wasn’t getting any air in so my heart started pounding finally I got my breathing back then my body started to shake uncontrollably I ended up having to call 911. Please be very careful taking this medication I stopped after that day and I’ve been okay since. That was so traumatizing I don’t want that to happen to anyone.”

Jules · Taken for 1 to 6 months January 5, 2020

“Amazed how great this medication works. I’ve been on the medication for a month and I have had very few times that I wanted a smoke. My worst time now is after evening meal, but now only last for a couple minutes. I would definitely recommend this medicine to anyone that’s tired of letting cigarettes control your life. I WAS a smoker for 35 years. Chantix works.”

Smokeless January 3, 2020

“If you want to stop this really helps. Started taking at Thanksgiving and was down to three cigarettes by Christmas Eve and stopped Christmas Day. Have had my moments but will never go back. One of my greatest accomplishments and no nicotine supplement to buy or spend money on. Went from 2.5 packs a day to done in a month after 40 years of being controlled by a little white stick. Fantastic!,”

Missy · Taken for 6 months to 1 year January 2, 2020

“I went on chantix last year. Within a month I quit smoking. 5 months later I lost my job because of my attitude. Then the hell began. I went into psychosis. For two weeks I was constantly terrified and felt I wasn't alone and also heard voices. I quit chantix. But now several months later I still hear whispers on occasion. I never heard whispers before. Ever. Although I quit smoking for 8 months I have began again. My nerves of sometimes feeling not alone of hearing whispers has lead my doctor to medicate me with Valium. I blame all this on chantix. The first side effects were me arguing with Co workers over small things. I'm worried chantix has caused permanent damage. As I said I've been off it for months. I would tell people chantix is not worth the risks.”

Gg January 1, 2020

“The only way this helps you to stop Smoking is that it's hard to smoke while throwing up.”

Anonymous · Taken for less than 1 month January 1, 2020

“I took chantix for about 3 weeks and decided to quit the medication due to severe anxiety. However, it did help me get a head start. I haven't smoked in 4 months.”

thm233 · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 26, 2019

“I’ve smoked or used smokeless tobacco on and off for 12 years. Following a promotion, the stress of my career in the past year and a half led to me smoking about a pack a day. My doc recommended Chantix and it’s an effective tool for quitting and staying quit. Reduces the cravings quite a bit and it also seems to block the effects of nicotine. It doesn’t work right away, but after a about a week on it I was ready to discontinue the smoking. The stomachache can be pretty uncomfortable, but eating a meal and drinking plenty of fluids helps mitigate that adverse effect. Also have the particularly vivid dreams, but not necessarily nightmares. I would recommend Chantix, especially if you’ve insurance.”

Curt December 23, 2019

“Day one: it made smoking feel like inhaling hot air. Nothing more. No rush. No nothing. Perfect. I felt a little nauseated with the medication. If I got a craving for nicotine (rather rare) I would chew a piece of nicotine gum. This medication was very effective for me.”

132 days · Taken for 1 to 6 months December 22, 2019

“132 days and still smoke free I know the really isn't a review but without Chantix this would have never happened for the first time since I was a teenager I am smoke free it is such an awesome feeling, you can do this if I can do it you can do it.”

Squirerust · Taken for less than 1 month December 22, 2019

“I smoked for 36 years, having quit and failed more times than I can remember for most of that time. Then I tried Chantix for one month. That was nearly 13 years ago and I haven't even wanted to smoke since. I had no side effects, nothing even remotely slightly. Chantix is a real lifesaver, the only way to go.”

Learn more about Smoking Cessation