User Reviews for Chantix

Learn more about Chantix.

Chantix Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 22 medications used in the treatment of Smoking Cessation.

Reviews for Chantix to treat Smoking Cessation

"I'm so bummed, just had my quit day on day 12 of chantix, but developed hives/rash on arms and back. They are like blisters with poison ivy. It was working so well, hardly thought of cigarettes, now I guess I'll have to stop taking."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) August 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took Chantix for 4 weeks. I quit smoking my 3rd week. I didn't have any severe side effects until my 3rd week, I began to notice this foggy feeling. I had no nightmares or nausea, I did eat before taking the pill with a full glass of water. I have not taken Chantix since July 14th and I still don't feel like myself. Moody, depressed, and just not myself at all. I'm glad I quit smoking but this is hell. I did stop taking it early because of the foggy feeling. I believe this drug has made me feel crazy."

Anonymous August 17, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took chantix 3 year's ago and it was the best thing I feel so much better"

Big dog69 (taken for less than 1 month) August 15, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am coming up on my 10 year anniversary. I took chantix for the 3 months, I could not be happier. I picked my quit date 8/23 and quit 8/20, 3 days early. The only problem I had was sleeping. I worked thru it, I knew it was my only hope to quit. Thank you chantix "

BevHarley (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started smoking when I was 16 and quit at 19 cold turkey. That was no fun. I took up smoking again in 2013 after a very stressful period in my life. I tried nicotine patches to no success. It didn't even take the edge off my cravings. Chantix is a miracle drug! I take meds for depression so I was concerned because one of the side effects are depression and suicidal thoughts. Although I am again going through a sad and stressful time (my brother recently passed away and I just got divorced). This drug is working with minimal side effects! I get the vivid dreams but they are not nightmares and my stomach gets upset for the first 3-5 minutes after taking Chantix. As for the depression, it hasn't gotten worse. Saving my life + $ too!"

Yayme! (taken for less than 1 month) August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I smoked minimum of 2 packs a day for 45 yrs. I tried EVERYTHING to quit. I didn't try with Chantix. My Dr. told me it would probably take awhile as long as I smoked. I took for 3+ months and didn't really feel any different. Still smoked the whole time but desired much less. One nite My husband and I were out to dinner and I handed him my cigerattes. I'd done that so many times. I asked him for one back. We got home and instead of smoking that one, I shredded it. I never had another and never craved one. I have COPD I was diagnosed with about 5 yrs. later. If I'd just had Chantix yrs. ago, I could have done it. This COPD isnt fun.. Try to quit while you're still healthy. Chantix did it for me totally! Good Luck..."

Suazannedebbie August 13, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"its fine if you want to go insane. I recommend to use nicotine gum"

hjaaaa August 2, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Does not work if you're a real smoker 35 year's or more this is not for you."

Litt (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 31, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This is just an update, I would like to encourage those who have just began champix. I began taking the medication on the 26th of December and I am now 7 months smoke free. The medication is amazing. The first few weeks required an incredible amount of will power, the dreams and nausea I experienced were worth every second. Now 7 months smoke free after 14 years and feeling amazing. I cannot recommend champix enough. Stick with it!"

Lisa_4444 July 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I used Chantix to quit smoking ten years ago after many failed efforts. The ONLY issue I had was some nausea. Thank you Chantix for freeing me from an addiction I thought I couldn't beat."

Neuman (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This drug will literally make you lose your mind. My coordination was off like I was temporary brain damaged or something crazy . You low life's who don't share that it's success rate and suicide is very common and Luckily I've been through worse with my pain pill addiction. They only show 90% of there good reviews because this is all about and creating more customers. I also guarantee most these people that rated this as a 8 or higher were compensated to do so. It has warnings but they hide the real stories"

Anonymous July 20, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I am so grateful for this medication. I smoked a pack a day for over 20 years. The longest I went without a cigarette was 3 weeks. I tried the patch, the gum, and the electronic cigarette; nothing worked (though the patch was great for long flights). My experience is a little different than most because I never had bad dreams (they've actually be better) since I started, I'm never nauseated (though I make sure I take the morning pill after breakfast and the evening pill after dinner), and I didn't stop smoking until month two (not week two). On week two, the number of cigarettes I was smoking dropped down to about five per day. And I didn't even notice I was cutting down. I highly recommend this to quit."

Imagine a nickname (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 19, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Update on comment below: I gave up the ginger tea. It tasted awful and was hard for me to get it down, even just sipping it. It didn't help me that much either. I am now going to try a turmeric drink made with milk or nut milk that is suppose to help. We will see....."

padan (taken for less than 1 month) July 18, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started on June 15. I set my quit date for July 15. That gave me a whole month to smoke if I so desired and to get my mind set to quitting. I had 2 packs of cigarettes left when I started. It was amazing how this worked. I didn't make it to my quit date. The desire to smoke was completely gone about 5 days before the 15th, and I still have 1/2 a pack of cigarettes sitting right out where I see them every time I walk by. No desire to pick one up at all. I've smoked for 50 years. The only side effect that I have is severe nausea and dry heaves, No matter when or how I take it. I have tried everything to calm it, but nothing has worked so far. I am now trying ginger tea. I sip on it all day long. "

padan (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 16, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I smoked the devil sticks for 6 years. I'm young and didn't want to smoke forever so I decided to try chantix. Had upset stomach if it wasn't taken after eating. Dreams were vivid but cool I love too dream so no problem with me. Today marks one month since I had my last devil stick and I couldn't be more excited about the path I decided to take to change my life."

Jada135 (taken for less than 1 month) July 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I was skeptical, I heard so many good things and it sounded like a miracle drug. After learning I developed asthma I got scared enough to take the plunge. It was free with my insurance (bonus!) After taking Chantix for two weeks I started noticing a disgust for cigarettes. I would try smoking out of habit but would become nauseated. It smelled bad and tasted worse. From there I pretty much didn't want to smoke anymore and didn't even have many cravings. There were days that I did crave, but I pushed through them easily. I also had two days of off and on headaches from (I presume) withdraw. Now I can say I am two weeks cigarette free thanks to Chantix and I love being able to breathe not to mention the extra money I save."

nnnssssaaaaa (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 8, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I woke up on day 9 taking Chantix completely oblivious to the fact that was even a smoker. Forgot all about it. Dreams were pretty vivid but cool, not one scary dream. I've been smoke free for a year and don't have any urges to go back. I love feeling clean and healthy ."

MyxaRita July 6, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I smoked for over 20yrs. I'm 38. Started when I was 15. Didn't ever think I could quit. I enjoyed smoking. I made the decision to stop. Got a script from my Dr. It was free with my insurance. Read side effects and I was like wow ok, You can do this. Best decision I ever made. I have been tobacco free for 3 weeks now. My kids love the fact that I quit. I've had a few weird dreams and nausea. But nothing I can't handle. Nausea goes away after a few minutes. I never really remember the dreams. So I give Chantix 2 thumbs up. However, keep in mind that you have to want to quit and be ready to quit for a successful out come. I hope this helped. Good Luck!"

Kina1979 (taken for less than 1 month) June 30, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Chantix is a miracle drug. On my quit day after eight hours I realized that I had not smoked the whole entire day. It is a miracle drug. Thank you"

Ginger fultz (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have High Blood pressure! It was under control with medication. I was put on Chantix because I truly wanted to kick the habit. Well! for me after about 3 days I found I couldn't lift my head off the pillow without my BP dropping (well below what was normal for me.) Others I know have had no side effects and are still smoke free."

Linda J-B (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been on Chantix for six weeks and have uncontrollably made contact with every ex-girlfriend I've ever had, to rehash all of our relationship problems. On a more positive note, I'm feeling optimistic about quitting smoking. Anyone considering chantix should delete the phone numbers of all their exes. Trust me."

SickRicky June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I've been smoking for 50 years and was up to 2.5 packs a day, it was time to try to do something about trying to stop or slow down. I looked at chantix on the internet and the side effects scared me. I talked to a few people and they said it worked to help them cut down but they didn't stay on it because they had nightmares. I decided I would give a try so called doctor and received a prescription. Followed directions and it was probably one of the best things I did in my life. After one month I stopped smoking completely and have not had one in 6 months. I staying on chantix for 3 months never had any side effects for myself. I just want to say thank you for chantix you probably gave me a longer life and I feel so much better."

Mx62 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"This drug is amazing....free from my insurance & Within 10days I was & still am smoke free going on 1 month"

Lovenlifeasmomnwife June 11, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"After a health scare I opted to try chantix even though I was a bit nervous about the side effects. So far I am amazed with how well it's working. Definitely got some nausea (pretty bad) and headaches but helped a lot if taken with food. Dreams were vivid and I remember them more but nothing awful. I just started a week ago and stop smoking fully 3 days ago - obviously long road ahead, but I can't believe how easy this has been. I have had no withdrawal symptoms, very few cravings - which I can easily shake off. I've been smoking a pack a day for 20 years and never thought I quit! I highly recommend."

Sarah4236 June 4, 2017

Did you?  Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Quit smoking June 15th 2011. Chantex took the edge off the nicotine withdrawal. I had smoked for 40 plus years. I had tried everything but this did the trick. Don't be fooled, you have to want to quit."

Strombo (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 3, 2017