User Reviews for Chantix

Chantix Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 22 medications used in the treatment of Smoking Cessation.

Reviews for Chantix to treat Smoking Cessation

"I am a 65 year old woman. 7 years ago I made the decision to quit smoking. It wasn't because I wanted to it was, I felt, because I had to. I had fallen asleep a couple of times with a cigarette in my hand. Also the cost of cigarettes was more than I could really afford. My brother had used Chantix and quit so I made the same decision. I followed the guidelines and had to do two rounds of Chantix. At that point I considered myself free of cigarettes. To this day I have not picked up one cigarette nor have I had a desire. I went from a pack to a pack and a half a day smoking to zero. I highly recommend Chantix to anyone wanting to quit smoking. It was the best thing I ever did."

Debi October 11, 2018

"I'm 50 yrs old and started Chantix Sep 25 as of Oct 4th I'm smoke free"

KK (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2018

"I took a pill for two days, yes, TWO! Tried to smoke a cigarette and it made me feel weird. I'm not taking any more and I don't want a cigarette either."

Jean (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2018

"Quitting is never easy. I have tried several times over the years, but with chantix I am succeeding. I am on day 8 of being smoke free."

EJ (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2018

"I used chantix for 3 months. I never was depressed in my life before then. I had successful career, wife, kids, rich by some standards, but... I am still so depressed weeks, maybe months, since I quit chantix. My depression is so deep, I cannot think. Think really hard before you try this."

nemos (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2018

"Chantix made me so depressed life didn't seem worth it, either doctors or Chantix doesn't really address depression. I spent weeks on the Psyc ward of our local hospital. FYI, the Chantix site won't even let me post on their site because it's negative - that should give the public something to think about. Yet it seems to be a known side effect."

cjmc September 17, 2018

"Um to say that I'll never try this again is an understatement. After the second week of treatment I was in the worst headspace where if everyone in the world died I would be fine with that. Literally anyone who crossed my path. Still smoking though."

Stillsmoking (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 16, 2018

"I just want to say, I smoked for over 50 years I tried several times in my life to stop smoking. Nothing worked! Then I heard about Chantix! Game changer, It will be 3 years Dec 8, 2018 that I stopped smoking. I know it would have never happened without Chantix Thank you!!!!"

granny (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 12, 2018

"I was a bit apprehensive to take this already being on meds for depression and anxiety but I had no issues. By day 3 I was already smoking less. By week 2 I was only smoking 1 a day and it tasted so bad. I am now coming to the end of my first month and haven't had a cigarette in 2 weeks. I am really happy that this is working because before I actually enjoyed smoking. I did find that if I ate with it I got sick though so I had to take on an empty stomach. Dreams were not crazy. Just remembered."

j-in-florida (taken for less than 1 month) September 8, 2018

"Smoked 32 years and quit with the help of Chantix I had zero side effects . Thank you Chantix"

Lee (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 30, 2018

"I smoked for 32 years and truly had no desire to quit but then a health issue came up and it forced my hand. I was terrified of quitting because I actually enjoyed smoking and it was the only time I walked away from work. A friend mentioned Chantix so I thought I would give it a try. Everything I read said to pick a "quit" date but I was not ready for that yet. I started taking Chantix on April 26, 2017. I did have some very vibrant dreams but really no other side effects. On May 20th I was finally able to pick my quit date and it was on May 27th, memorial day weekend. I found myself waiting to crave a cigarette and it never came. There were times I wanted to go outside to smoke only because of the "habit" factor. I just redirected my time and then before I knew it a month had went by. It has now been 1 year and almost 3 months since I quit smoking. In a lot of ways the medical condition that made me quit smoking........saved me..."

Nia (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 18, 2018

"Works great! It will be 10 years in September since I stopped smoking with Chantix!!!"

Jean (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2018

"Chantax works. After day 5 on it I was done with cigarettes I'm still goning to take the chantax for another month and the only side effect I'm having is crazy dreams. Before chantax I was smoking 6 cigarettes a day now I don't want a cigarette"

E (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2018

"This is an awful Drug."

Mac (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 13, 2018

"I have been on Chantix 6 weeks. Although it has drastically reduced my smoking. I can’t seem to quit. And the trippy dreams coupled with the feelings of depression are almost pushing me to my limit."

Chefchris (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 11, 2018

"Tobacco companies should help us old people to stop smoking for free"

Peter August 5, 2018

"I smoked for 46 years and was a 2 1/2 pack a day smoker. I have tried to quit smoking so many times. I've tried everything imaginable to quit. All of the marketed products, home remedies, even old wives' tales. I started taking Chantix and using the gradual method, my last cigarette was March 25, 2018. I don't even want them anymore. Thank you Chantix, I absolutely love being a non-smoker."

Brenda (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 30, 2018

"Today I just picked up my first scrip.t I’ve been smoking since I was 14 and I’m now 66 have been diagnosed with emphysema stage 3. I can’t reverse the emphysema but maybe I can slow it down. Docs have been screaming at me for years to stop, but I had little faith in this being able to work after having terrible experiences with other meds to stop smoking. I’m going to check back in every day to let you now how it’s going. It’s sad when you realize you spent thousands & thousands of dollars just to cut your life short ."

Reed (taken for less than 1 month) July 30, 2018

"30 year smoker plus I love coffee...can't be with out either one. I started to take chantix I am on the 3rd week 2 twice a day morning and evening. I really hope this works for me, yes I am still smoking. For now I feel okay no side effects yet my sleeping pattern is not so good. I'm going through menopause so on the weekends I have to take a nap as I get very sleepy and need to catch up on my sleep. I do have health issues I was diagnosed with Osteoporosis on the scale 3.5 bone density due to menopause and smoking. I'm the only one in my family and my husbands family that smokes."

Rose (taken for less than 1 month) July 25, 2018

"Well hi y'all this works. I smoked 39 yrs since 14 yrs old half pack to a pack a day in 2015. I had triple bypass surgery and still continued to smoke but seeing those commercials on TV you know the one's oxygen tubes etc I wanted to quit but I had tried patches and gums nope didn't work then I saw Chantix. I'm like probably wouldn't work either. But then I saw Ray Liotta's commercials and I was hmm he doesn't endorse anything and for him to be endorsing this it must work. So I ask my Dr for a prescription and I decided to have my last cigarette no cravings, no withdrawals I was amazed cuz 39yrs y'all of smoking and I was free thanks to Chantix and Ray Liotta. It's amazing 2 months down I'm so proud of myself and feel so good. I accomplished this goal it really really works I sing it's praises to everybody. So if you want to stop before it destroys you and gives you a nice bypass scar like I have get Chantix ASAP you'll be glad you did and wish you'd done it sooner"

Leah64 July 20, 2018

"Just wanted to share that I am now more than 2 years smoke free, sure I have the odd craving but have not had any problem resisting. Sometimes it is only the circumstance. What was great about using chantrix was that it allowed the opportunity to continue to smoke while starting the quitting process , so no pressure. What happened was a gradual decrease in the desire to smoke. Eventually (about 3 months) I was smoking less than one cigarette a day and decided to stop - I felt no pressure (such a relief!) It worked still not smoking - I tried many things before but chantrix did work for me. It is worth the try. I think the trick is to take your time and not be in a hurry it will still take a few months."

Gail (taken for 2 to 5 years) July 12, 2018

"Constant ringing in ears. Crazy dreams, some are nightmares. Tongue is dry and has metallic taste. 30 minutes after morning pill, stomach ache, nausea, extreme sweat. At night lots of sweat. Hard to go to sleep. Lots of unhappiness and irritation. Good news, quit smoking on day 4. I am 22 days later and not one cigarette."

P58ann (taken for less than 1 month) July 5, 2018

"I've smoked now for 24 yrs, and was up to 1 pack a day for about a year. I started Chantix 1 week ago and I continued to smoke in decreased amounts. However, on day number 3 everytime I smoked I felt nauseous, very weak, and got a very bad headache regardless of eating before taking it. I'm now on week number 2, and for the first time as of 7-2-18, I've only smoked once! I'm so proud of myself because by now I would've smoked at least 7 cigarettes! I know being smoke free is attainable for me, but I do get very strong cravings especially in the morning, but it is much easier in the evenings to fight the cravings. Thus far, the side effects I have experienced are constipation, increased appetite, nausea, tiredness, and vivid dreams but good ones! So far, I would say Chantix is helping me battle the urge to smoke and I do see a smoke free road ahead of me!"

Striving (taken for less than 1 month) July 2, 2018

"I was told by my dr that I have to quit smoking because I have COPD and asthma. I was doing good with stopping smoking before I started the chantix. I had already cut my self down to 5 a day. I was doing well within the first week had no desire to smoke at all but when it came to the second week that’s when it all went south for me. I wanted to smoke more and my lungs were tight all the time couldn’t sleep. Was wired all night long and then when I took the morning dose it was just as bad. But I also had major mood swings. Think I need to talk to my dr and see if they have a lower dose for the second week and then on"

Ma D (taken for less than 1 month) June 22, 2018

"I smoked 2 boxes of rollies a week, I started taking champix and for a good few days I felt out of sorts, my concentration was gone. I was feeling dizzy and sometimes I felt sick, this happened when I forgot to eat before I took my tablet. I quit smoking on day 11 of champix, and had no withdrawal symptoms from quitting smoking. I'm smoke free for 7 days now and haven't thought of smoking. It is a magic pill but you have to stop smoking to notice your ok without it. You just get side effects from the tablets, but you don't get side effects from quitting smoking "

Mary (taken for less than 1 month) June 14, 2018

Page 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 ...

Learn more about Smoking Cessation