User Reviews for Chantix

The following information is NOT intended to endorse drugs or recommend therapy. While these reviews might be helpful, they are not a substitute for the expertise, skill, knowledge and judgement of healthcare practitioners in patient care. Learn more about Chantix.

Chantix Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 22 medications used in the treatment of Smoking Cessation.

Reviews for Chantix to treat Smoking Cessation

"I have been taking these pills for 90 days now and have not stopped smoking or even slow down at all. I don't understand how everyone can be on the same milligram. Not sure if I should continue with this program still smoking two two or two and a half packs a day. Has anyone else went through this then had some success."

Jaybird2189 November 30, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I quit smoking the first day I had to try Chantix! I was a little moody but I made it through! 9 years Oct 22nd! I do not have any sensation to smoke. My husband smokes and I do not want to go back!! I am so pleased!"

JennaChase1 (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been smoking since I was 13 yrs old, I am now 57 yrs old. I had quit before using the patch. With success for 4 yrs. Then I started back up ,(Being addicted to smoking) So in 2014 I tried Chantix.I stopped the Chantix, (stupid me) and continued smoking til Oct of 2017. The Chantix cost me $410.00 cuz I have no health insurance. So on Thanksgiving eve was my last cig. I have NO cravings. And feel GREAT !!!!!. Be patient.I did not give myself a quit date, ( To stressful). U will just not want a cig. It does work. Chantix has not given me weird dreams or upset stomach."

Brownbottom (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 27, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Here is what nicotine does to your brain... Nicotine also can have effects on the parts of the brain that sense pleasure. When nicotine gets into the brain, it is able to stimulate the release of a neurotransmitter called dopamine. Dopamine activates some of the neurons in the part of the brain that register pleasure. As a result, nicotine triggers a chemical sensation of pleasure, which causes people to associate tobacco use with a feeling of pleasure. Here is what Chantix does to it... Chantix messes with the part of the brain that senses pleasure, looks forward to things, has hope for tomorrow. It takes that all away. I took Chantix and the effects were catastrophic. Needed three meds to counter it. Stay away!"

AnnieMagnolia November 17, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I smoked for over 40 years. This is my 2nd time doing Chantix. The 1st time I was able to quit after the first week but really got nauseous. So nauseous I had to stop Chantix. I started smoking a few weeks later. I've tried everything before. Chantix really does take the craving away. I started Chantix again 28 days ago. I'm down to maybe 1 or 2 hits off a cig a day and to the point I will have my quit date by the weekend. I'm not picking a quit date, just going off my craving. Once I take a hit it taste so bad. I made my self overcome the nausea by having a full stomach and drinking liquids. It really helped. I'm determined to finally quit!!"

JCAnaheim November 16, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"If you are on the fence about taking Chantix don't be. This flat out works. I was a 1 pack a day smoker sometimes 2 pack a day for 30 years +/-. Even if your on it, and don't think its working, keep taking it why not. I smoked while on it until one day when I was lighting up and just didn't. I went the rest of the day without smoking. I then crushed what cigs I had left and was done. I miss the dreams they were crazy awesome! As of now I am working on 2 years. Every once and a while I will kinda crave one but then I smell my co-workers right after they smoke and want to puke I can't believe I used to smell like that. Just do it!"

Danimal! (taken for 6 months to 1 year) November 15, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took chantix a little over a month. It made me have a psychotic split, now I have to take medication for the rest of my life. To say I wouldn't recommend it is putting it lightly. This DRUG shouldn't be allowed on the market."

Dreamlucidsaydreamlucid November 11, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"First of all, all of those people who quit, will be back to smoking really soon. And if it says they are smoke free for years, it is probably a bought comment by Pfizer. Trust me. I did quit as well 3 times, but it is not permanent. The side effects last even months after you take the pill. the last time I quit with it, I had a neurological breakdown, I could not control my body, I was having a non fatal stroke and even heart attack. I could not talk, had to be taken to the emergency. My eyes were rolling up, I could not control my limbs, could not talk, my mouth would not move to talk. It was horrible. Months later I am back to smoking and now I am scared to take the pill. The depression was horrific and same with the dreams. I do not recommend"

Mimi2017 November 5, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been on chantix for a little over a month now. I have been been smoke free for 11 days. I was a 25 year smoker. I couldn’t believe it...I just lost all desire to smoke. Thank you Chantix! I do feel a little down, I have some vivid dreams and still trying to get use to a non-smokers life style but never in a million years would I have ever thought quitting would be so easy. I plan on getting off Chantix in a few more weeks."

It’s a miracle dee November 3, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I started taking Chantix when I was 45 and other than smoking a healthy female that was guessed the age of early 30's every time someone asked. Healthy. But after taking Chantix for 2 months my ears starting ringing. It was assuredly annoying however I liked the way it was also affecting an awful bought of temporary depression after having just lost a friend from Cancer. I kept taking it, I did quit smoking fairly quickly, within the first 3 weeks but the Dr. agreed to keep me on it 4 the depression relief 4, 8 more weeks. In that 3rd month my ears started ringing so loud I couldn't sleep, I could hear what sounded like my own pulse pumping through my ears. My blood pressure skyrocketed, edema was1/4" deep and I now have an aortic anuerysm!"

Brokenheart from Chantix (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 25, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"In summer 2016, I decided to quit smoking after 30 years. I was able to cut my smoking back from 1 pack to 1 half pack a day, but always had cravings. A friend suggested I try Chantix. I went to the doctor, got the prescription, filled it, and promptly set it on the countertop where it remained for a few weeks because I was afraid of the side effects being publicized. Finally, I told myself that I had one week to quit on my own or that I would try the Chantix. I couldn't quit on my own. I started Chantix as prescribed, and one week later on December 22nd I smoked my last cigarette at 6:35pm. Ten months later, I am smoke free and no longer think about smoking or the fact that I quit smoking. I live my life as a nonsmoker and its fabulous."

Cheezit65 (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been 5 months quit thanks to Chantix. It really takes the edge off from day 1 if used as directed. My problem is the internet uses cookies. So even though I think I've quit, all I see are ads for Chantix, which reminds me of cigs when I'm not thinking about them. I may start back because of the Chantix ads!!! Please stop !!! I'm also seeing nonstop Jimmy Fallon ads even though I only clicked on one thing of his please make that stop too Chantix."

just call me ex smoker October 14, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Hello all! It works if you let it!! I'm very pleased, it's only been a month but I can DEFINITELY see/feel the difference. I've had moments when I would get a just "little" cranky but nothing I can't handle. I've experienced those dreaded dreams but I haven't experienced the "waking up in a cold sweat" kind of dream, they're mild nothing too crazy, Thank God lol. But the worse thing for me is the nausea and the tired feeling. With the nausea I had to make sure I had something on my stomach, and still keep ginger ale at my side. The tired feeling got so bad I started taking them at night because I wasn't able to really perform at work. Everyone is different but I hope some of this info helps. GL!!"

Wonder Woman 83 October 13, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I took Chantix in 2006. I was 46 years old with a 30 year smoking history which found me at 2 packs a day by 2006. In less than 10 days, I had quit smoking, no withdrawals and have never had a desire to smoke in the 11 years that I am smoke free. I never thought I would quit let alone go 11 years without a desire to ever smoke again."

Maria Baker (taken for less than 1 month) October 8, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have talked about quitting forever! I attempted to quit countless times but this time with Chantix,I can finally say,I'm a non-smoker and it feels great! When I initially started the starter pack I chose a quit day. That wasn't a good choice for me because I stressed a little more each day it got closer.So I chose to keep taking Chantix regularly and see what happens. On my 27th day I didn't smoke.(I didn't even sneak) No more spending half the time on our family vacations looking for a smoking section. Long story short, I haven't had a cigarette or wanted one in 23 days! My Kids & husband are so proud! I plan to take Chantix 1 more month. Thank you Chantix for helping me get my life back!!!"

JShomaker (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 6, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I used Chantix for about 2 weeks and the side effects were horrible; depression, insomnia, anxiety, etc. But it did get me to quit smoking. You could attribute those symptoms to quitting, since they are common symptoms of stopping smoking, but I will nip that argument in the bud. I was an emotional wreck, barely able to function at all. Cold turkey wouldn't be as intense as what I experienced on Chantix. I would recommend Chantix as a last resort for anyone wanting to quit smoking."

SomeDude99 October 4, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I needed and really wanted to quit. Needed to quit for neck and back surgery needed asap. Wanted to because it was taking over my life, you know just making sure I had enough for day or enough for trip...ugh, the drama was getting real old. I tried chantix long ago over 10 years n it gave me some side effects (don't remember) but I'm thinking even side effects out weigh smoking and possible death. I only smoked between 6-8 cigs a day, but couldn't do it on my own, I'm smoke free now and no bad feelings of need or wanting smokes. Do it for life!!!!!"

Cheetah41 (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 26, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"My husband took Chantix and became extremely abusive. Accusing me calling me names. The worst sort, he refused to let me use A/C, refused to put enough food in the refrigerator and he woke up in the middle of night with nightmares. He forced me to divorce after 23 years and now I am destitute. I am warning to all spouses. Chantix will ruin your life. Threatened me. As a result, I have no alimony, no home, no life insurance, no health insurance."

Dawncrimmins September 21, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Chantix worked for me. I smoked a pack a day for 35 yrs. Neither patches nor gum was affective. They made me feel ill really. Less than month on Chantix made me a non smoker. That was 7 yes 7 grateful years ago. It is amazing how much I missed out on with family and friends because I was out smoking. Not any more! I am now there to hear the joke or the wonderful story and amazingly I am also there to share my life. And I have moved into the present because I am present."

Elizabeth Vian September 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I starting taking 1 month after experiencing a TIA, took for one month then quit after one month. I have now been a non smoker for 7 months."

MikeBarry003 September 19, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I have been a smoker for since age 28 and I am now 49. I usually smoke a pack per day. Since taking champix for 5 days I'm down to 3 cigs. Per day. I have dreams, but they're not bad dreams. I also a sleep more and feel tired.. I'm considering taking only 1 pill per day since I didn't notice the fatigue and weakness until the dosage increased. So far I'm please overall. I will follow up in 2 weeks."

MzCrutcher August 29, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Ive been on these pills for two days. Today is day two. The side effects from these pills is horrible. They've made me nauseous, dizzy, I've lost all effort to do anything, all I want to do is lay on the couch. Didn't want to eat or even get up to go to the bathroom I had to force myself. I myself just do NOT feel myself. So im stopping the pills an finding a new way to quit."

The Beast's Girl August 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I'm 30 years old and have been smoking for about 14 years now. Two years in a row, I've had bronchitis or some kind of respiratory infection. I smoked Newports about a pack a day. It's my 2nd week on Chantix, and already I can feel less and less cravings. Usually I wake up and go right for a cigarette, and today I woke up and it took about 3 hours for me to realize I haven't smoked and just did it out of habit. When I'm working my 12 hours at the hospital, I can now go my full 12 without craving. That was never possible before! I'm only giving it an 8 because I hear for some people, side effects kick in bad around 3-4 weeks. I've been nauseas once but other than that, nothing. I really hope this is it for me! So far I'm feeling hopeful!!"

Bella5887 (taken for less than 1 month) August 24, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"Do not use. If you are one of the people that have an adverse reaction to this drug, it can be really bad. It just cost me my job and career. Almost died. I contacted Pfizer twice for help and they ignored me. Then they came out with all the warnings!!!"

Steve McGuire (taken for 6 months to 1 year) August 23, 2017

Did you? Yes  No  |  Report inappropriate

"I smoked for 16 years! Chantix has giving me a second chance and possibly years on my life. I have never reviewed a drug in my life but this drug gave me a life and for that I am forever grateful. 50 days smoke free!"

Rod the electrician August 23, 2017