User Reviews for Chantix to treat Smoking Cessation

Chantix Rating Summary

8.8/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 21 medications used in the treatment of Smoking Cessation.

Reviews for Chantix

"Both my husband and I started taking Chantix New Years Day. I had set my quit date for January 31 and on January 18th I had my last cigarette. My husband smoked almost 2 1/2 packs a day and on January 31 it was his last day. You don't even realize that you are not smoking as much as before and before you know it you say I've had enough. I've only heard him say he was nausated 2 times. I get nauseated more often but it doesn't last long. It is amazing how it works. You may get a slight urge, but it goes away quickly. I do have dreams but not bad ones. That is about the only side effects we have."

Pat (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2019

"Today is my first day on champix I really hope it works for me I have been reading all the positive reviews now it time for me to give it a try. I really hope it works out. Well done to every one that has stopped smoking please pray for me thanks"

Emaculate (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2019

"Its works!! I have not smoked in a week woo hoo! This is my second time on chantix, because last time I was taking it I stopped and starting smoking again (SMH). This time I'm serious. I'm 35 years old and I said it is time I stopped. I have no cravings whatsoever. When I would drink I would smoke a lot. I drank the other day and had no craving for it at all! I have a few side effects like insomnia, lower back pain, and vivid dreams/nightmares. Them nightmares be crazy lol. I never had nightmares before. But its worth it cause I'm not smoking no more :) I will never let nicotine control my life AGAIN!!"

Cassyabish415 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2019

"Don't play russian roulette with your brain. I took this thinking it was a miracle and experienced throwing up with no warning, even while driving a car. Really dark horrific dreams that were very vivid. Deep depression, anxiety, feelings of dread that were so bad I couldn't face another day, insomnia that lasted for 8 weeks before being put on Xanax, Trazadone and Citalapram all prescribed the same day as my dr didn't recognize me. I couldn't perform the simplest tasks at my job and having panic attacks that would put me over the edge. This medication should not be for sale. It ruins your brain. Don't let this drug take away all the good things in life just to get rid of one bad habit."

Ellabett January 18, 2019

"I was on Chantix and became depressed. I had bad side effects which cause me to almost ruin my marriage of 20 years. I had crazy dreams and became delusional and had crazy thoughts. I thought of the past and it made me angry and upset. I ended up cheating on my wife and she found out. I got off of Chantix and smoking again. I'm one luck bastard that my wife did not leave me and had the heart to make things work. I still want to quit smoking, but looking at alternative ways to do so."

luckybuck (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2019

"I've been on Chantix for 1 month now and have no side effects.The urge to smoke seems to be less and the nicotine fits aren't as bad. I just refilled next month of meds and will continue to try."

Kern (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2019

"Unfortunately I had high hopes but had a terrible experience. Took one 0.5 mg pill on day 1. Within 10 minutes I was extremely dizzy. I called doctor who said to discontinue. I read dizziness was a side effect but was not expecting it to be this severe. 3 days later' I was hit with another dizzy spell out of nowhere while driving. I had to pull over and call for assistance for fear of fainting. Another 3 days later' another dizzy spell came out of the blue.. 6 days after taking just 1 tiny 0.5 mg pill. It appears I am too sensitive for the drug' the experience was scary. The dizzy spells would last for 2 to 3 hours. I wanted to share my experience with anyone else that may have had a similar experience."

JP (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2019

"I started Chantix four weeks ago and I have completely stopped smoking after 15 years. This is a great product! I slowly dwindled down on the amount I smoked per day until my body just didn't want a cigarette anymore. The only side effect I had was headaches in the beginning. I'm on an antidepressant as well. I feel great and am so thankful for this medication. The smell of cigarettes are horrible now! Yay!"

ES (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 3, 2019

"Chantix worked...5 years smoke free."

Georgie (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 31, 2018

"I had tried everything quitting cold Turkey and the patch but I always ended up smoking and then I saw the commercial about chantix so went to my family doctor and she prescribed chantix and in one week the urges for smoking had stopped. 12 years now going on 13.....my great accomplishment."

Divina (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 30, 2018

"5 years smoking pack a day . Tried everything to quit e-cig, patch ,gums. Nothing worked.Then I heard about Chantix. I'm on 15days on Cantix and 7 days smoke free. No cravings at all. Thanks chantix"

Paul (taken for less than 1 month) December 30, 2018

"I will be starting my 3rd month of chantix in a few days. I’ve smoked a pack a day for 35 years. I’ve been diagnosed with stage 2 COPD. I’m down now to 5-6 cigarettes a day. I will smoke my very last cigarette tonight. However the side affects as far as nausea has been very hard to tolerate. But I’ve learned from my Doctor that I can take Zantac and it works really well with the stomach upset. My dreams can be really vivid. I have some depression. I do find myself more tired and irritable eating more and weight gain. The medication works, but you have to let it do it’s job and you have to work with it. I’m stubborn and I like smoking. I decided to try chantix because I first read the reviews in here and you all were my inspiration. I thank you for that and I hope my quit date tomorrow 12/20 is successful so that on Christmas I may have the first few days of the rest of my life smoke free to report to my kids. Thanks for listening and thanks for your help."

Wannaquit (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 20, 2018

"Please be careful with Chantix. I could tell it was starting to work within the 1st week but also noticed increased irritability & nausea as side effects. To me, that was something I could deal with. Moving on... I started my second week and I felt a very deep depression setting in. I had feelings of anger towards my children. I also felt very sad for no reason. I couldn’t get anything done at work. I was irritated by everyone’s presence. The depression while in this medication hit me fast and hard! I have 2 small children and I am their PROTECTOR I cannot risk losing my mind! I started losing my ability to be an adequate and involved parent. I didn’t enjoy ANYTHING anymore. For the safety of myself and my children I have discontinued taking Chantix. I’ve read reviews of people having long-term effects to their brain chemistry after taking Chantix and that’s not something I’m willing to toy with. I will have to use my own willpower to quit."

Em December 13, 2018

"I’ve taken Chantix for 3 weeks, starter pack. Shortly after starting, I noticed a rash developing all over my body. I didn’t put 2-2 together until tonight when I researched side effects. A rash is, I’ve read, not an uncommon side effect and could be dangerous to your health. I stopped taking Chantix tonight."

Itchyandscratchy (taken for less than 1 month) November 26, 2018

"Like Ray says on the commercial- this made it easy 40 years of smoking and 6 years free of smoke Thanks Chantix!"

Ducky (taken for 1 to 6 months) November 17, 2018

"I tried everything to quit smoking after 48 years of smoking I tried Chantix and I quit within one month this is a great product"

Anonymous November 2, 2018

"Started chantix 7 weeks ago. Smoked my last cigarette 2 weeks later. It’s been 5 weeks since I smoked and I’m done with it. I couldn’t have done it without chantix. Yes I have weird dreams sometimes but it’s a small price to pay. I feel great!! I couldn’t have done it cold turkey."

RJ (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 29, 2018

"This worked great for 6 weeks. My doctor only gave me one pack which is a month and I managed to quit for 6 weeks picking my quit date just days after I started taking chantix. Can only imagine if I had a script for 12 weeks as the medicine suggests I probably would have truely quit but went back to smoking"

Mare (taken for less than 1 month) October 21, 2018

"I could never have gone a day/week without this drug. I have smoked 40 years, pack+ /day. I am 3 months cigarette free. No depression ... only jubilation! Maybe I will break chains of 40+ years? Please let it be so."

Brc (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 20, 2018

"I am a 65 year old woman. 7 years ago I made the decision to quit smoking. It wasn't because I wanted to it was, I felt, because I had to. I had fallen asleep a couple of times with a cigarette in my hand. Also the cost of cigarettes was more than I could really afford. My brother had used Chantix and quit so I made the same decision. I followed the guidelines and had to do two rounds of Chantix. At that point I considered myself free of cigarettes. To this day I have not picked up one cigarette nor have I had a desire. I went from a pack to a pack and a half a day smoking to zero. I highly recommend Chantix to anyone wanting to quit smoking. It was the best thing I ever did."

Debi October 11, 2018

"I'm 50 yrs old and started Chantix Sep 25 as of Oct 4th I'm smoke free"

KK (taken for less than 1 month) October 5, 2018

"I took a pill for two days, yes, TWO! Tried to smoke a cigarette and it made me feel weird. I'm not taking any more and I don't want a cigarette either."

Jean (taken for less than 1 month) September 27, 2018

"Quitting is never easy. I have tried several times over the years, but with chantix I am succeeding. I am on day 8 of being smoke free."

EJ (taken for less than 1 month) September 25, 2018

"I used chantix for 3 months. I never was depressed in my life before then. I had successful career, wife, kids, rich by some standards, but... I am still so depressed weeks, maybe months, since I quit chantix. My depression is so deep, I cannot think. Think really hard before you try this."

nemos (taken for 1 to 6 months) September 19, 2018

"Chantix made me so depressed life didn't seem worth it, either doctors or Chantix doesn't really address depression. I spent weeks on the Psyc ward of our local hospital. FYI, the Chantix site won't even let me post on their site because it's negative - that should give the public something to think about. Yet it seems to be a known side effect."

cjmc September 17, 2018