User Reviews for Chantix to treat Smoking Cessation

Chantix Rating Summary

8.7/10 Average Rating

What next? Compare all 21 medications used in the treatment of Smoking Cessation.

Reviews for Chantix

"I smoked for 25 years and then decided to try Chantix (Without having much faith it would work). Took for 21 days and then just quit. Lit a cigarette one day and I just didn't feel the urge to smoke and put it out. That was 7 months ago... I only took Chantix for 2 months."

Shaleelee (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 15, 2019

"I had a crazy dreams, I ended up getting depressed it made me sick at times. I felt like I was crazy for about 3 months. I had to go on it a second time I have been smoking for 20 years since I was 13 years old an din the past nothing has made me quit not even one day, not even getting pregnant with my children. I would recommend Chantix to anyone that is serious about quitting I've never been prouder of myself in my whole life I have now quit for 24 weeks I don't plan on ever smoking again thank you Chantix."

Moe (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2019

"I’m still pretty new to Chantix... after reading the horror stories I decided to still give it a go with family members and friends monitoring me. I started a few weeks ago taking half a pill a day and am working myself up due to the side effects. I’m a person that always had vivid dreams/nightmares all through out my life so that wasn’t a big deal for me. However they have gotten a tad bid more intense. It’s not my normal dreams. Other than that, I still have cravings however if I try to smoke then it’s just an unbearable taste which forces to to put it out immediately. Also I don’t get that relief feeling I used to get. Originally I would have a a few cigarettes in the evening after work with alcohol so was never a heavy smoker however it’s been days in between my attempts on smoking. Also drinking less since they always went hand in hand."

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) June 11, 2019

"I used Chantix to quit smoking and 1 and a half weeks after I started I quit smoking, I did the whole 3 month program and now I have been smoke free for 11 and 3/4 years, I don’t even like the smell of cigarettes now. Thank you Chantix."

Saw June 10, 2019

"On 1st day of 8th week of Chantix. No side effects except it does not help me hate cigarettes or curb cravings one bit. Anyone else?"

M (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 5, 2019

"This is the worst drug I have ever taken. It gave me horrible nightmares and made me feel depressed and weird. After 1 month I wound up in an ER with seizures. It never worked! So then I got an E cig and never smoked again DO NOT TAKE THIS HORRIBLE DRUG! People have bad mental side effects on this (deep dark depression etc). STAY AWAY from CHANTIX, IT'S GARBAGE. ( I know they won't show this) "

hunterjuly (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 28, 2019

"I smoked 2 packs a day for about 30 years. Had the start of Emphysema. I started taking Chantix about 2 weeks before my quit date. My own stubborness had me wait another week before quitting. I started writing down every time I had a cigarette. The time of day. What I was feeling. How much of the cigarette I smoked. Even what the weather was! I noticed a pattern begin to form and changed the pattern. When my new quit date came around, I didn't even want a smoke. Just went outside and started doing yard work. My last smoking date was March 28th 2008. It's now May 24th, 2019. Over 11 years smoke free. I had no side effects other than funny (as in ha ha) dreams. I do have small cravings even now. But I just redirect myself and it's gone. Oh, and the emphysema is gone!"

hawk (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 24, 2019

"I smoked for 32 years. I was smoking at least 2 packs a day. I love smoking. It was my stress relief. Started taking Chantix January 1, 2019 because my dr. said I need to quit and also because my husband also started taking Chantix. I really didn't have a desire to quit but "went along with it". I did not set a quit date. My last cigarette was January 10, 2019. I have had ZERO side affects with Chantix. It's been 127 days since my last cigarette. I am still on Chantix and plan on taking it one more month. I do not want to fail and start back. I still have cravings but they are not bad and they go away pretty fast. I want to remain smoke free and Chantix has been amazing.... If you want to quit, or are like me and LOVE to smoke but need to quit, try Chantix. It really works."

JuJu (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 17, 2019

"Chantix worked fantastic. I smoked for 30 years and was up to 4 packs a day. I was having to use my inhaler so much, I just knew I HAD to quit. So, once I started the drug, I just kept smoking till I couldn't any more. (about 3 month in decreasing amounts) Now I've been done smoking almost 2 years and have ZERO desire to smoke. Chantix, after about a month, made me REALLY sick to my stomach. My Dr. said I need to quit taking it. I said no way it's working. So I did suffer for a bit with that but like I said I no longer smoke. I'm extremely happy with how it all worked out for me & wish anyone else who is quitting the best of luck. PS: So thankful my insurance covered the cost. That was fabulous."

Susan (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 8, 2019

"I feel like a normal person!!! I started Chantix where you continue to smoke while using. Around the 3rd week I went from smoking a pack a day for the past 10 years to a pack lasting for 3 days. The desire to smoke gradually went away. Whenever I would smoke I just didn’t get that same satisfaction of needing to smoke, I would smoke just because it was a part of my routine for so long that I had to train myself to mentally stop. Literally the desire to smoke after a meal, a cup of coffee or having a alcoholic beverage went away. I feel like a normal person now❣️❣️❣️"

Janet (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 2, 2019

"I have been clean from cigarettes for over 12 years now thanks to chantix. I was smoking three packs a day I have tried every way to try to quit all I know is I took it for 7 days and on the 8th day I woke up and did not light up I felt like I have never smoked a cigarette in my life. Thank you again for the development of this powerful medicine you all be blessed."

Ron (taken for less than 1 month) April 27, 2019

"I've been on Chantix for four days now and feel great. I have 3 cervical hernias on my neck and had difficulty breathing so I had to quit smoking. The feeling of suffocation from smoking has gone away. Whew! I think I will have my last cigarette in a few days. I'm down to one cigarette a day. Woohoo! When I get off of Chantix I will talk to my Dr. Just in case there's any anxiety. So far so good!"

L (taken for less than 1 month) April 20, 2019

"Back when I tried Chantix my insurance did not cover it BUT I worked out I would spent more on cigarettes so I went for it! The funny part is I really didn’t want to quit BUT Chantix took away all cravings. Why smoke if you don’t crave them? So I quit a 33 year 2 pack a day habit. That was 6 years ago! Yes I had side effects: headaches & nightmares... STILL WORTH IT! Benefits outweigh the risks for sure! Thank you Chantix!"

Bargaindiva (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 28, 2019

"I am 77 and have smoked on and off (more on) since I was 23. I was diagnosed with moderately-advanced COPD with emphysema. I am on both maintenance and rescue inhalers. Breathing had become a struggle and I was very close to being on oxygen. I am, by nature a negative person, so I did not think Chantix would work. I couldn't do anything without being out of breath, I had to stop smoking. I started Chantix and set a quite date. After about 4 days I felt better. My horrible cough was gone and I could breath better. I quite February 7, 2019, it is March 27 and I am able to be active again without being breathless. The only side effect is nausea and sometimes it is bad. I have found that it is better if I eat something before I take it. Bottom line, the Chantix definitely decreased my desire to smoke and I was a hard core smoker for many years. Just remember smoking is an addiction and you will always be addicted to smoking.You can never have another cigarette. BE CAREFUL"

Sassy March 27, 2019

"Started champix Nov 20 2018 and stopped smoking Dec 3. I had tried before and not stopped but this time I needed help so my doctor prescribed champix. I was determined to quit this time I have been smoke free, thanks to champix, for 102 days after 52 years of smoking very glad of my decision to quit"

Goose March 14, 2019

"I smoked for 44 years. It has now been 77 days since I had a cigarette. Chantix is a wonder drug. Worst side effect for me has been gas. Also some mild queasiness at times. Totally worth it to finally be a non-smoker. Breathing and feeling better and proud of myself. I highly recommend Chantix."

Cat (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 1, 2019

"I have smoked for more than 45 years and began taking Chantix on 2/14/2019. Today is 2/27/2019 and I will never take this medication again. I don't think I have ever been sicker to my stomach. There is nothing I can take or do to stop the severe stomach aches. It feels like someone punching my gut with their fist. This is the second time I have tried Chantix and the last."

Wildcat1748 (taken for less than 1 month) February 27, 2019

"I started smoking when I was 15 and tried to quit when I was in my 20s. I finally quit at age 54 by the grace of God and the use of Chantix. I didn’t pick a day, I just took it as directed, and it was 3 months later that I just “forgot” to go outside and smoke. Half a day went bye and I just went to bed. I took Chantix for 2 more months out of fear that I would smoke again. I never smoked again and I never will, thanks to this wonderful drug!"

Tracy (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 23, 2019

"Both my husband and I started taking Chantix New Years Day. I had set my quit date for January 31 and on January 18th I had my last cigarette. My husband smoked almost 2 1/2 packs a day and on January 31 it was his last day. You don't even realize that you are not smoking as much as before and before you know it you say I've had enough. I've only heard him say he was nausated 2 times. I get nauseated more often but it doesn't last long. It is amazing how it works. You may get a slight urge, but it goes away quickly. I do have dreams but not bad ones. That is about the only side effects we have."

Pat (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 7, 2019

"Today is my first day on champix I really hope it works for me I have been reading all the positive reviews now it time for me to give it a try. I really hope it works out. Well done to every one that has stopped smoking please pray for me thanks"

Emaculate (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2019

"Its works!! I have not smoked in a week woo hoo! This is my second time on chantix, because last time I was taking it I stopped and starting smoking again (SMH). This time I'm serious. I'm 35 years old and I said it is time I stopped. I have no cravings whatsoever. When I would drink I would smoke a lot. I drank the other day and had no craving for it at all! I have a few side effects like insomnia, lower back pain, and vivid dreams/nightmares. Them nightmares be crazy lol. I never had nightmares before. But its worth it cause I'm not smoking no more :) I will never let nicotine control my life AGAIN!!"

Cassyabish415 (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 23, 2019

"Don't play russian roulette with your brain. I took this thinking it was a miracle and experienced throwing up with no warning, even while driving a car. Really dark horrific dreams that were very vivid. Deep depression, anxiety, feelings of dread that were so bad I couldn't face another day, insomnia that lasted for 8 weeks before being put on Xanax, Trazadone and Citalapram all prescribed the same day as my dr didn't recognize me. I couldn't perform the simplest tasks at my job and having panic attacks that would put me over the edge. This medication should not be for sale. It ruins your brain. Don't let this drug take away all the good things in life just to get rid of one bad habit."

Ellabett January 18, 2019

"I was on Chantix and became depressed. I had bad side effects which cause me to almost ruin my marriage of 20 years. I had crazy dreams and became delusional and had crazy thoughts. I thought of the past and it made me angry and upset. I ended up cheating on my wife and she found out. I got off of Chantix and smoking again. I'm one luck bastard that my wife did not leave me and had the heart to make things work. I still want to quit smoking, but looking at alternative ways to do so."

luckybuck (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 14, 2019

"I've been on Chantix for 1 month now and have no side effects.The urge to smoke seems to be less and the nicotine fits aren't as bad. I just refilled next month of meds and will continue to try."

Kern (taken for 1 to 6 months) January 8, 2019

"Unfortunately I had high hopes but had a terrible experience. Took one 0.5 mg pill on day 1. Within 10 minutes I was extremely dizzy. I called doctor who said to discontinue. I read dizziness was a side effect but was not expecting it to be this severe. 3 days later' I was hit with another dizzy spell out of nowhere while driving. I had to pull over and call for assistance for fear of fainting. Another 3 days later' another dizzy spell came out of the blue.. 6 days after taking just 1 tiny 0.5 mg pill. It appears I am too sensitive for the drug' the experience was scary. The dizzy spells would last for 2 to 3 hours. I wanted to share my experience with anyone else that may have had a similar experience."

JP (taken for less than 1 month) January 5, 2019