User Reviews for Chantix

Learn more about Chantix.

Chantix Rating Summary

8.9/10 Average Rating

What next?Compare all 22 medications used in the treatment of Smoking Cessation.

Reviews for Chantix to treat Smoking Cessation

"Chantix is a miracle drug. On my quit day after eight hours I realized that I had not smoked the whole entire day. It is a miracle drug. Thank you"

Ginger fultz (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 26, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have High Blood pressure! It was under control with medication. I was put on Chantix because I truly wanted to kick the habit. Well! for me after about 3 days I found I couldn't lift my head off the pillow without my BP dropping (well below what was normal for me.) Others I know have had no side effects and are still smoke free."

Linda J-B (taken for less than 1 month) June 24, 2017

0 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been on Chantix for six weeks and have uncontrollably made contact with every ex-girlfriend I've ever had, to rehash all of our relationship problems. On a more positive note, I'm feeling optimistic about quitting smoking. Anyone considering chantix should delete the phone numbers of all their exes. Trust me."

SickRicky June 14, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I've been smoking for 50 years and was up to 2.5 packs a day, it was time to try to do something about trying to stop or slow down. I looked at chantix on the internet and the side effects scared me. I talked to a few people and they said it worked to help them cut down but they didn't stay on it because they had nightmares. I decided I would give a try so called doctor and received a prescription. Followed directions and it was probably one of the best things I did in my life. After one month I stopped smoking completely and have not had one in 6 months. I staying on chantix for 3 months never had any side effects for myself. I just want to say thank you for chantix you probably gave me a longer life and I feel so much better."

Mx62 (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 14, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This drug is amazing....free from my insurance & Within 10days I was & still am smoke free going on 1 month"

Lovenlifeasmomnwife June 11, 2017

4 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"After a health scare I opted to try chantix even though I was a bit nervous about the side effects. So far I am amazed with how well it's working. Definitely got some nausea (pretty bad) and headaches but helped a lot if taken with food. Dreams were vivid and I remember them more but nothing awful. I just started a week ago and stop smoking fully 3 days ago - obviously long road ahead, but I can't believe how easy this has been. I have had no withdrawal symptoms, very few cravings - which I can easily shake off. I've been smoking a pack a day for 20 years and never thought I quit! I highly recommend."

Sarah4236 June 4, 2017

14 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Quit smoking June 15th 2011. Chantex took the edge off the nicotine withdrawal. I had smoked for 40 plus years. I had tried everything but this did the trick. Don't be fooled, you have to want to quit."

Strombo (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 3, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was so stoked that this medication worked for friends and helped them quit smoking. I began taking this and I was so disappointed that it didn't help one bit."

Jaygee21 May 31, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Miraculous. I don't do reviews but this drug is so amazing that I felt compelled to share my experience I'm 60 years old and have smoked on and off most of my life quitting for periods as long as eight years at one point I've always quit cold turkey maybe four or five times in the past. This time I just couldn't my wife had quit using Chantix so I tried it as a last resort After week one I still enjoyed smoking at the end of week two still no change I truly didn't think it was going to work towards the end of week three all of the sudden I lost interest and smoked a few cigarettes over the next couple days finished up a pack on the Sunday night, Monday morning and I never even thought about it no urges no cravings. It works."

Miraculous May 25, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I never really believed I would quit smoking. I loved smoking. I wanted to live longer and that is the only reason I wanted to quit. I chose option 3 plan on chantix 84 days to quit, you just cut in half each month. I had a lot of nausea so I took 1/2 dosage for 3 weeks. At end of 3 weeks I went from 2 packs a say to 7-8 cigs a day. Started full dose at this time and ate before taking that helped nausea, had a lot of weird dreams but slept better on chantix. Today is my stop date and I fully quit almost a month ago before my stop date. I have never felt as proud as I am right now, I did it. I just had to get past the first 2 weeks then it was smooth sailing. I let chantix do the work. Thanks chantix"

Loved smoking (taken for 1 to 6 months) May 18, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"5 years ago I used chantix to quit smoking. I had tried everything over the years I smoked and chantix was the only thing that ever stopped me from smoking. It even helped my mood. I suffer from depression and the chantix helped my mood during the time I used it. I am grateful for this medication"

Msmoky911 May 18, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I hesitated to try Chantix due to the side effects. But I had some minor health scares and knew that my luck would run out soon. I really didn't want to quit smoking. I started Chantix 9 days ago. I smoked my last (hopefully) cigarette 6 days ago. I know it's very early in the quit process, I've done this before years ago. I've had no adverse effects from Chantix. Quitting has been one of the easiest things to do. Yes, I still have the urge to smoke at times but it's more the habitual urge. The cravings have been less than mild. I plan on this being the last time I have to quit, Chantix has made this a breeze so far!!"

CLauch (taken for less than 1 month) May 15, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had no side effects. It was so easy for me."

hencass May 13, 2017

2 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"This is my 2nd round. I'm an idiot and started back a year later for the hell of it. This medicine is the best thing you can do if you want to quit. It makes it easy. I've quit every way you can and this is by far the best route. There's 2 things- Just make sure you drink a glass of milk with it, and you're going to have some crazy dreams. But that's nothing."

Chanell13181 May 4, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"Hey all you people having bad dreams I have a suggestion. Take a 5mg Melatonin. That's what I do and haven't had a bad dream yet."

Daph24 May 1, 2017

10 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I have been taking this for 3 days now. It has been helping me cut back tremendously. On a side note it has made me feel irritable during the day and I have had crazy dreams during the night. Nothing I can't deal with so I am going to continue taking it."

Kyle123456 April 26, 2017

9 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"It has really helped with urges and no real side effects I can tell except for more vivid dreams, not bad dreams, just more vivid and more memorable. Would recommend for anyone who REALLY wants to quit smoking."

Brucedrys April 18, 2017

"Worked for Me !!!!"

Judy Tory April 9, 2017

12 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I had a stroke at the age of 31 and had been smoking since the age of 15. so I knew I needed to stop now, and I took chantix and after 7 days I quit!!! it was very easy to do, I did have some bad dreams, but not nightmares, and also some nausea, but I could deal with that. this product really works!!!! would definitely recommend this product!"

kristenm (taken for less than 1 month) April 8, 2017

16 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I started smoking at the age of 19. I am now 50 and decided it was time to quit or face serious health risks. I have quit many times and suffered through withdrawals but the cravings always got the best of me. I started Chantix with the aid of my Physician to see what would happen. Went through the withdrawal period and now I am amazed how my cravings have gone. I even stopped drinking pop and only drink tea and water now. Totally blown away!"

Kozmolion April 6, 2017

13 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I smoked for 16 years. After almost 3 weeks on Chantix I all of a sudden had no desire to smoke. I've been cigarette free for 17 days and loving the way my hair smells "

RebeccaKay March 30, 2017

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"ddferrari, I don't believe these people are faking about their experiences. Because I had a good experience with chantix. Honestly, I AM smoking again. I took this a couple of years ago for about a week or two and went from a pack a day to a cigarette every three days. So it DID help. BUT it did make me super tired so much to the point I felt sick constantly. I was having dreams. Dreams about my boyfriend cheating on me (which he was). I'm about to start taking them again. I had stopped back then because of all of that stuff. But I'm going to start again because I did see an improvement. This time I really plan on stopping..."

Brittanycoraline March 27, 2017

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I tried for years to quit smoking nothing would work. Last September I starting taking chantax I never want another cigarette I feel great"

Anonymous (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 19, 2017

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I was a pretty heavy smoker-about a pack a day (even on days I can't smoke at work which just meant I'd chain smoke when I left to catch up!) and I always made excuses to go have a smoke. I also made many excuses not to quit. I finally decided that I wanted to stop and I couldn't believe how well the Chantix worked for me. I had tried the nicotine patch, Wellbutrin, cold turkey....Chantix was kind of my last resort. The only side effect I noticed was a couple minutes of nausea right after I took the pill but it wasn't enough to make me stop. I quit smoking on day 5. I quit before my quit date. I'm planning to take the full 6 months but I'm on week 6 and feel fantastic! I highly recommend Chantix to anyone who has struggled to quit!"

Lew82 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 17, 2017

35 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

"I'm an avid outdoorsman who loved to smoke. Loved the taste and smell since I was 16. I'm now 42 and smoked off on for all those years. This deer season was a life changing experience for me when I found myself really struggling to drag a deer out of the woods. I had never had problems before but I could hardly breath and felt like I was going to die. I had made up my mind right then and there to quit smoking for good. I made an apt to see my doctor and have a physical and talk about Chantix. I started Chantix nearly two weeks ago, smoked the first week when starting it. I am now 5 days smoke free. Still get mild cravings from time to time but they pass generally quick. I have had no major side effects other than a little restless."

TonyH54457 (taken for less than 1 month) March 14, 2017