User Reviews for Zyban

Smoking Cessation 57 reviews 19 medications

9.2
Summary of Zyban reviews 57 reviews 9.2

Reviews for Zyban

For Smoking Cessation "I tried to quit on many occasions prior to using Zyban. My friend who smoked 2 packs a day quit using this drug which totally amazed me. I am a very cheap person and when a carton of generic cigarettes went up to $15.00 (which by todays prices is cheap, but not then) I swore I had wasted enough money harming my lungs. I started Zyban and set my quit date for 2 weeks. On the last day before that date, I was sitting around and realized I had not had a cigarette all day, and I haven't had one since. That was 19 years ago. I would highly recommend Zyban to quit smoking now before any more damage is done to your lungs. The cost of the medicine is no more than the cost of a carton of cigarettes for a month."

GrammaC (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I used zyban years ago to quit and it did help but I started again after I went off it. I have been trying to quit for the last year but haven't made it past a few days. I am 36 and have smoked since I was about 20, 16 years of damage to my lungs. I decided it's now or never I just want to be a non smoker so badly. I went and got a prescription for zyban 4 days ago and started immediately. So far I feel ok on it, I definitely feel different, time feels slower and I feel like I'm observing things differently in somewhat removed. Today is my first day taking two pills and I'm a little worried I will feel messed up on the medication but gonna stick with it. I'm still smoking but plan on quiting within the next week."

Casey01 June 11, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Smoked for 22 years I was one of thise smokers who tried to quit lots but then resigned to the excuse that I loved to smoke. Just over a week ago I mentally decided that I was not a smoker. I started zyban on the second day I quit and smoked 2 that day, one the next, and half the next. That last half, I knew it was the last. As with these other stories I was addicted. Tried everything. Champix, patches, quit help lines and support etc so I was sceptical but determined. I really can not believe how well it has worked. I'm not grumpy, no cravings and no side effects as yet. I also take the gum with it but it's not a need just a back up. Can't recommend this enough."

C.Lee (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "i took zyban 5 yrs ago after less then 2 weeks cigs tasted like sh//////t then went for 5 weeks without the ever touching a gig then the misses left me so i started again i was smoking so heavy that now i find it hard to breath i did try champix bit it did nothing for me no urge to stop what so ever im now back on zyban and as i aint got a missus thats less stress for me to worry about im only on day 4 now it took about 10 days last time b4 i hated the taste of a cig and was butting them out half way through so im guessing 14 days that is my quit time hopefully they will like sh////t b4 then i need to give up so bad my lung has collapsed 3 times still smoking at 60 as for side effects i had none"

paulypop (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for thirty years. I thought I'd die with a cigarette in my mouth. If tried everything and I still went back to smoking. Zyban was my last chance. I smoked at first and started to taper off. If there were side effects I don't really remember them. It took three weeks before I had the guts to not smoke. I list the cravings rather quicker than I thought possible. I haven't smoked for 12 years now. I still can't believe I'm a non smoker. Even at the worst time in my life I still never felt like a cigarette. I can honestly say I'm not a reformed smoker. I truly a non smoker."

Michelle G April 7, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "When I first took Zyban, I was confident it wouldn't work. I smoked much more than I used to during the first week, and then suddenly I couldn't smoke at all. After 3 months on Zyban, I have been extremely happy that I finally beat this addiction. I'm no longer taking the medication and do feel like I want a drag or two. All in all, I would say it is a miracle drug...no matter what people tell you, it IS worth it. Be sure to follow what your doctor tells you, it's plain and simple: 2 tablets per day for 9-12 weeks and you will never ever smoke, if that is really what you want. I hope it helps everyone the same way it helped me."

MK7 April 5, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "In my 3rd week of taking Zyban. I smoked as usual for the 1st 2 weeks 1 pack a day. Slowly I started smoking less frequently and only half a cigarette at a time. I am now not smoking at all and more importantly I dont even think about smoking. I have trouble falling asleep at night....but so far thats the only side effect I am experiencing. I am finally on the road to being a non smoker for the 1st time in 24 years."

3 week taking Zyban. March 31, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "This pill is amazing ,I really think its the magic pill ,I'm smoke free now ,thanks zyban"

Anonymous February 28, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "After trying many things, such as chewing gum, patches, hypnosis etc., to stop smoking, I took zyban in June 2000. Before the end of the course I had stopped craving cigarettes and became a non-smoker. It took 9 days and I had no side effects at all. It was the best thing I'd ever done."

Sunderland Lady February 14, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "December 1999. Boxing Day. Already signed up for zyban course with group meetings for 1/1/2000. Started course and never smoked since....or wished to. Truly amazing and immediate. Didn't even have to complete course, it was that good. Always smoked socially from 18 to 44. A true life saver with no side effects. You must attend class /discussions..it's a mental commitment that's essential to success and really works. Don't hear too much about it these days but go for it!"

Steve/UK February 3, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "Day 1 a bit of feeling "doped up." Day 2 OK; nothing significant. Day 3 the nausea started. Ciggies tasted horrible but even worse than that, just the thought of food and I all but headed to the john to throw up. This was the three day one pill a day phase. Side effects of Chantix (including nausea) were not as severe as this. I'm still waiting to see if after 24 hours that last dose will finally wear off. Cold turkey, bad as it can be, is way better."

XSmokerColdTurkey January 16, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I used zyban to quit smoking and after 2 weeks I no longer had the urge to smoke. I've been smoke free for over 23 years. I don't understand why it's not on the market to help people stop smoking. I smoked over 40 years and 2-3 packs a day"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 12, 2016

For Smoking Cessation "I used Zyban to quit smoking in 1999. To me, it was a miracle drug. I had smoked 1-1.5 packs/day for 33 years! What it does is change your brain chemistry to like you never smoked; consequently, you don't have any inclination to even want a cigarette! I have never smoked since nor had any desire to. If I had kept smoking, I probably wouldn't be alive to have my 72nd birthday next October (2015)."

IvyJo (taken for 1 to 6 months) December 11, 2015

78 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "In my first week of zyban Need to give up as I smoke a pack a day Feeling nauseous, last night had a severe headache and woke up thinking I could levitate and fly after having the weirdest out there dream - it really felt believable. Anyway going to continue and pray it works, will report back at a later date."

Flowergirl45 October 11, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I was prescribed Zyban by my physician to aid in quitting smoking. I was super excited to get it because I would finally get the help I needed to kick the habit for good. I read some awesome reviews and was confident this would be it. I was instructed to take one a day for the first few days and then begin taking one twice a day. I felt ok at first but once I started taking two a day I began to experience side effects. Headaches, waking up feeling hungover, extreme nausea, confusion and fogginess, muscle tenderness and definite weakness... almost as if my brain was telling me I couldn't move if I tried and I became literally too lazy to try. I was super disappointed, it just wasn't for me. "

KMDM (taken for less than 1 month) October 6, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "17 years of no smoking in October thanks to zyban. I started taking the pill snd stopped smoking and then I started forgetting to take the pill so I quit that too. I didn't even make it through the first month supply. Zyban works if you follow the directions and get involved. I don't smoke and no I don't have a light."

leviwillis September 4, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "1to 3 packs a day for past 5 years. On the third day talking zyban I took 3 drags and throw away cigarette. That was my last one. I can't look at cigarettes. Last pack is still on my countertop. Zyban is the best"

Bucek July 31, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 8 years anywhere from half a pack to a pack a day, I started Zyban, gave myself 1 week to tapered down then stopped smoking completely. I looked into many options and decided to try Zyban as it appeared to have less severe side effects. I wasn't even sure I wanted to quit smoking and definitely thought I would struggle and just keep going back to the excuse "well I tried". I took the medication for 12 weeks as advised by my doctor and have been smoke free ever since. I know some people have side effects but don't let that put you off, everybody reacts differently to medication so why not try it, as a smoker what do you have to lose. I am so happy with the results I have achieved and would recommend this to anyone."

Ex Smoker (taken for 1 to 6 months) July 23, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Do not take this drug. My husband took this to help with smoking cessation. During the entire time, he had bad dreams, but during the fifth week he dreamed he was jumping off a boat, jumped off the bed and crashed to the floor, fracturing his left shoulder and badly bruising his left hip. After four days of extensive testing in the hospital, the doctors concluded the "fall" was from Zyban. Terrible terrible pain and very scary."

Anonymous Wife of smoker (taken for 1 to 6 months) June 25, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "I wasn't sure if I wanted to quit or not, and the first few days on Zyban weren't great. I was in a horrible mood and was convinced the pills weren't going to do anything. Continued smoking like normal and on the eighth day of taking the meds, I took a few drags and knew it would be my last one. It was like something just clicked in my brain. Have been using zero-nicotine liquid in a vaporizer a few times a day just for the menthol sensation, but other than that I haven't had a cigarette since!"

mrrs2014 May 20, 2015

75 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "The first week I had some very brief agitation (day 4) that lasted for about 30 minutes. By the end of the first week, my cravings were nearly gone. I am down to only 1 to 3 uses per day, which is a major reduction for me. I plan to be completely done by day 20. No other side effects. Not feeling any nicotine withdrawal symptoms. I plan to use the Wellbutrin full strength for 1-2 weeks after quitting entirely and then begin the taper process. Amazing product."

Jay4444 (taken for less than 1 month) May 10, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Smoking @ 16 for 41 years, had in that time 2 dvt's. Stopped after first day on Zyban, never touched tobacco since. Fabulous product."

Thromboman (taken for less than 1 month) April 18, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Absolutely miracle med for smoking cessation! I smoked for 15 yrs (anywhere from 2-4 packs/day). Had the attitude, "if I quit, I quit; if I don't, I don't". Within 10 days I stopped. I did experience a few side-effects that were no big deal (insomnia, funny taste in mouth). I didn't have a "stop-date" just one day I lit a cigarette, took about three drags then put it out. That was 14 yrs ago. Took me about 5 yrs to say I quit - I always said, "I haven't had a cigarette in a while". I still have my 1/2 carton as my trophy ;-)"

Anonymous April 17, 2015

81 users found this comment helpful. Did you?   Yes   No Report as inappropriate

For Smoking Cessation "Only day 2 of Zyban. But cigarettes taste like garbage truck juice and I have high hopes that I can quit. Will update when more time passes"

Huff n puff (taken for less than 1 month) April 13, 2015

For Smoking Cessation "Fantastic after smoking for over 20 years and 2 packages a day I took Zyban. No side effects. On the 5th day I stop...15 years ago. I follow the directions, clean my house, my clothes, my car,..took the medicine for 3 months. I picked up the day to stop smoking. I do recommend Zyban 100%."

Serret April 4, 2015