User Reviews for Zyban

Learn more about Zyban.

Smoking Cessation 76 reviews 18 medications

Summary of Zyban reviews 76 reviews 9.0

Reviews for Zyban

For Smoking Cessation "I'm taking Zyban SR 150mg twice a day. I started with once a day for 7 days on May 10 2017. So I've been on on it for 12 days. I have stopped smoking which is the goal for 3 days. Should I stop taking this medication soon? The side effects are overwhelming. I am flush, chest pain, bad taste in my mouth, sweats, nausea, head feels foggy, ears are pain with fullness feeling, constipated, and more. Will the side effects go away?"

Rosesarred (taken for less than 1 month) May 22, 2017

1 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I have only just got these. I can't swallow them- I did crush the first one ,I read you cannot do this I really want to try these I don't know whether to take them now "

Nicoooo123 April 7, 2017

3 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I started taking Zyban 4 weeks ago. I'm on the 12 week course of treatment. I've been smoking 17 years (started smoking at age 11) I'm now 28. I've tried quitting many times with patches and the gum and even tried the vape cigs. My quit date was March 16th and I have cravings but they don't bother me. It's weird but it's just like a quick thought that pops up and then you are like nope not today and its over with. The main side effect I've had is drowsiness. I've slept a lot. After I take my dose, I literally pass out and wake up hours later. Also, I feel drained, but I'm thinking these side effects may be my body going through withdrawal. I have felt a little nervousness here and there. Overall, it's been good."

Tater923 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 29, 2017

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I'm taking contrave which contains zyban. Immediately my cravings were dramatically reduced. I was completely shocked because I've been trying to quit for 30 years without success. I'd always get the most unbearable tension headaches and give up. Finally I asked my doctor for help and she prescribed this. It's been almost a month now and I've only smoked a few times. It tastes horrible now and I'm not craving them at all now unless I get really stressed out. But when I do, I don't enjoy it anymore. I encourage you to try it. If you get side effects reduce the dosage til your body adjusts. Increase very gradually. Hope this helps! Good luck!"

delraybeachfl March 18, 2017

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I went to my doctor and requested a totally different medication. Medication to give me energy which support my quitting and keep me from putting on weight. Well he decided to give me Zyban. Zyban gave me the energy I needed to exercise, stay alert, keep my mind off the cravings and eat a healthy diet. I lost weight on Zyban. After 2 weeks smoking with the medication I had my last smoke. The cravings were incredibly minimal. Yes I still thought about smoking and I still do. But the cravings were bearable. I could manage. They were easy! Zyban made me realise quitting smoking is easy and can be done. I urge you to try if you haven't before. No negative feedback what so ever on this drug."

exsmoker2017 (taken for 1 to 6 months) March 16, 2017

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "The first time I took Zyban was around 2004. I was on it for a week and I was amazed how it stopped the urge to smoke BUT the side effects were awful. I experienced anxiety and what felt like deep lows. I would wake up sobbing for no reason but at least I didn't feel like a cigarette! I'm in Australia and pretty sure that we take the same levels of 150mg twice a day"

Simon1511 March 11, 2017

7 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for 35 years. Pack a day. I never though I could quit. I joined a smoking cessation workshop run by a doctor and social work from the HMO I belong to. They offered an 8-week workshop and 6-month prescription of Zyban at 20% the over-the-counter cost for the drug. The first week of taking Zyban was accompanied by some side effects which I hated. (waking up early, nervous). I spoke to the workshop leaders and said I felt like quitting the drug due to the side effects. They told me to "hang on a few more days" and the side effects would disappear. They were 100% correct!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am so happy!!!!!!!! I took Zyban for 5 months and then weaned off of it. I never have the urge for cigarettes."

BarbClam March 7, 2017

30 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "Today Feb. 14, 2017 marks 19 years of being a non smoker & I owe it all to Zyban. Had a few sleepless nights the first week or so, but the craving to smoke went away. I was amazed. I smoked for 32 years and I loved them. Lit up as soon as I got out of bed. The only time I was without a cigarette was sleeping or taking a shower! At the end I smoked 3 packs a day and heard my chest rattle. I've always been on the lean side but was worried about gaining weight if I quit. Did gain a few pounds but got a handle on that. Zyban was the best thing I ever did for myself! Many thanks to my wonderful, retired Dr who prescribed Zyban."

PenLou (taken for 1 to 6 months) February 14, 2017

27 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I started smoking at age 9. Smoking alot by age 13. Started driving 18 wheeler at age 23. Four to five packs a day depending on whether I had to work 23 or 24 hours in a day. In Dec. Of 1999 I took Zyban for I think a month. From what I can remember , it made me a little nuts at times as well as violent. I understand it changes the addictive center in your brain but it changed my personality as well. The the second week I relapsed for one day and then none after that. Seventeen years and not one cigarette. Still wanted one once in awhile but never enough to light one up. I only wish I had done it sooner before my lungs went copd. Make no mistake, I would be long dead if I had not quit. (A coffee can full of phlegm a day)"

Anonymous (taken for less than 1 month) January 25, 2017

23 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I used to smoke at least 2 packets per day for almost 20 years. I severally tried to quit without sucess. It was in 2001 while visiting a doctor friend when I learnt about the wonder drug zyban and decided to give it a try. I took 1 tablet per day for 1 week and has never looked back. No claving and no side effects. After 1 week of no smoking at all, I gave the rest of the medication to a friend. The way I think zyban has a degree of success is when an individual also desires and is determined to quit. All I needed was 3 days of no smoking"

Ndiathi (taken for less than 1 month) January 14, 2017

17 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I have smoked since I was 12 yrs old. Started smoking daily at age 15. I am now 51. Quit a few times for 3 or 4 months but always went back to it. On day 2 with Zyban and still smoking but looking forward to finally quitting. First day I took one in morning. Felt a bit funny but also was getting pains in chest n arm. Not sure if this was just a panic attack or what but going to keep going. If it gets worse I will have to stop taking zyban. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it was nothing more than a panic attack."

Annonymous51 January 11, 2017

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "Ok. on day 4 of this medication. Started woth 150 mg per day for 3 days and now onwards its 300 mg. First of all, I'm not convinced this drug is worth it. Side effects days 1-3 included blurry vision, feeling spaced out. today it was bouts of crying and then burning sensation in abdomen and chest. I'm smoking 1 pack on this. God only knows."

Moolie December 10, 2016

8 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I have written 2 reviews about hair loss suffered because of this drug. This website had posted the second review I wrote but it has since been taken down. Sounds like this website is getting paid by drug companies to skew the results. NOT HAPPY! Obviously you're not going to post this. But you are ruining your own reputation by only posting certain reviews. It's obvious to the public."

zeezl November 13, 2016

28 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "Smoked for 30 years; nothing worked. Hypnotherapy, counselling, support groups, nicotine patches: nowt. My daughter worked for Astra-Zeneca, the company who make it; told me she'd heard good things. My GP said okay, it's the last-chance saloon, if I don't quit after a single 2-week prescription it's my funeral. As it were. Started the tablets as prescribed a few days before quitting; used nicotine gum the last day or so; stopped completely. And just didn't want to smoke. Yes, the cravings were there, and persisted for 4 days, but I said to myself well, they're no worse than a dose of flu, and I can hack that, so I put up with it. Been off now for 16 years, never wanted one since. The odd thing is I still dream I'm smoking, now and again..."

DeviJ November 4, 2016

45 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "My partner took Zyban to help him quit smoking. Yes it did help him to stop BUT the side effects have been horrific. I WOULD NOT recommend anyone using this. For the past 5 and a half years he has suffered TERRIBLE mood swings, to the point that he frightens me and there has been a little violence (in the early days). He has had suicidal thoughts (and still does now occasionally). Our happy little family unit has almost been destroyed.......we are still together by the grace of God but for how much longer I don't know. I know his health has probably improved no end due to no longer smoking but his mental health has suffered greatly and sadly I don't know if things will ever improve."

Wife of a smoker (taken for 1 to 6 months) October 11, 2016

25 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I took Zyban when it was first released in 1997. For those wondering if it works ? My habit was two to three packs per day. Smoked non filters for 41 years. Even spent over a $ 1000.00 dollars trying to quit with other programs. Obviously no luck. Could not even slow down. Then I tried Zyban when it first came out, as a last resort. Thanks to Zyban the only way to loose your desire to smoke, I now am about to celebrate 20 years without one smoke. If you wish to quit and haven't been able use Zyban you will quit, if you really wish to. Michael a true believer"

Mikes Zyban reward October 9, 2016

38 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "Started taking 150mg (so just the one pill in the morning) 3 days ago and I am shocked!!!! I've had more energy, less anxiety (I have anxiety disorder and panic attacks normally), feel happier AND I don't feel like smoking much....... I go hours without a smoke, yet I used to smoke 30 cigarettes a day! I'm only on day 3! Tomorrow I am supposed to step up to 2 pills, and I assume I won't want a smoke at all. Brilliant pill. Wish I could stay on it, as I feel amazing!"

Brinny (taken for less than 1 month) September 19, 2016

36 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I don't understand how Zyban (wellbutrin) helped anyone stop smoking. I was on Zyban for depressions but have since been put on another antidepressant. Once I was on the other antidepressant was when my doctor told me about Zyban. I never noticed any difference in my smoking cravings while on Zyban. Maybe had I been told that Zyban could help with smoking cessation while on it, I may have quit. So far, I still love to smoke."

Smoother (taken for 2 to 5 years) August 26, 2016

11 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I took Zyban for about 2 months back in 1999. I had smoked for about 25 years before that and had tried to quit with no success. I was sceptical about Zyban because I was a hard core smoker, and was only half motivated to quit. Nothing changed for the first two weeks or so, then I thought I would limit myself to 3 per hou, next week the limit was one per half hour, then one per hour.Now I was about 5 or 6 weeks in. I stayed on Zyban, and would take a few smokes with me to work. One day on my way to work I was having a smoke and thinking about it and realized the only reason I was smoking now is because I was bringing them with me. I butted it out, and never looked back. I can be around smokers and not be tempted by it now too."

Nikkithetwister August 25, 2016

48 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I tried to quit on many occasions prior to using Zyban. My friend who smoked 2 packs a day quit using this drug which totally amazed me. I am a very cheap person and when a carton of generic cigarettes went up to $15.00 (which by todays prices is cheap, but not then) I swore I had wasted enough money harming my lungs. I started Zyban and set my quit date for 2 weeks. On the last day before that date, I was sitting around and realized I had not had a cigarette all day, and I haven't had one since. That was 19 years ago. I would highly recommend Zyban to quit smoking now before any more damage is done to your lungs. The cost of the medicine is no more than the cost of a carton of cigarettes for a month."

GrammaC (taken for 1 to 6 months) August 14, 2016

24 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I used zyban years ago to quit and it did help but I started again after I went off it. I have been trying to quit for the last year but haven't made it past a few days. I am 36 and have smoked since I was about 20, 16 years of damage to my lungs. I decided it's now or never I just want to be a non smoker so badly. I went and got a prescription for zyban 4 days ago and started immediately. So far I feel ok on it, I definitely feel different, time feels slower and I feel like I'm observing things differently in somewhat removed. Today is my first day taking two pills and I'm a little worried I will feel messed up on the medication but gonna stick with it. I'm still smoking but plan on quiting within the next week."

Casey01 June 11, 2016

21 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "Smoked for 22 years I was one of thise smokers who tried to quit lots but then resigned to the excuse that I loved to smoke. Just over a week ago I mentally decided that I was not a smoker. I started zyban on the second day I quit and smoked 2 that day, one the next, and half the next. That last half, I knew it was the last. As with these other stories I was addicted. Tried everything. Champix, patches, quit help lines and support etc so I was sceptical but determined. I really can not believe how well it has worked. I'm not grumpy, no cravings and no side effects as yet. I also take the gum with it but it's not a need just a back up. Can't recommend this enough."

C.Lee (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2016

34 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "i took zyban 5 yrs ago after less then 2 weeks cigs tasted like sh//////t then went for 5 weeks without the ever touching a gig then the misses left me so i started again i was smoking so heavy that now i find it hard to breath i did try champix bit it did nothing for me no urge to stop what so ever im now back on zyban and as i aint got a missus thats less stress for me to worry about im only on day 4 now it took about 10 days last time b4 i hated the taste of a cig and was butting them out half way through so im guessing 14 days that is my quit time hopefully they will like sh////t b4 then i need to give up so bad my lung has collapsed 3 times still smoking at 60 as for side effects i had none"

paulypop (taken for less than 1 month) June 10, 2016

19 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "I smoked for thirty years. I thought I'd die with a cigarette in my mouth. If tried everything and I still went back to smoking. Zyban was my last chance. I smoked at first and started to taper off. If there were side effects I don't really remember them. It took three weeks before I had the guts to not smoke. I list the cravings rather quicker than I thought possible. I haven't smoked for 12 years now. I still can't believe I'm a non smoker. Even at the worst time in my life I still never felt like a cigarette. I can honestly say I'm not a reformed smoker. I truly a non smoker."

Michelle G April 7, 2016

77 users found this comment helpful. Did you? Yes No

For Smoking Cessation "When I first took Zyban, I was confident it wouldn't work. I smoked much more than I used to during the first week, and then suddenly I couldn't smoke at all. After 3 months on Zyban, I have been extremely happy that I finally beat this addiction. I'm no longer taking the medication and do feel like I want a drag or two. All in all, I would say it is a miracle drug...no matter what people tell you, it IS worth it. Be sure to follow what your doctor tells you, it's plain and simple: 2 tablets per day for 9-12 weeks and you will never ever smoke, if that is really what you want. I hope it helps everyone the same way it helped me."

MK7 April 5, 2016